Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3796039 times)

Leadbelly

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #21300 on: June 12, 2019, 12:37:02 PM »
We clearly need a Diggeh style disclaimer post for all future threads featuring CDPR games. People need to KNOW! How else will peace come to the victims?

I got you fam
Yeh I slipped and put the red on there iny my early morning haze. Honestly not the best time to be trying to delve into this, likely still isn't when I consider the bird's nest atop my head and the muted dial-up sounds within when my brain tries to connect to anything.

Fundamentally that changes little for me though, and I can get that that's a strict reaction to something for someone, nonsensical even with some of the replies here and perhaps your own referencing of Bethesda and their structure. So, as you appear to be going in earnest I'll try to break it down and foray into the wood of words once more. In doing so I'll likely cover points not in your post, perhaps you completely agree with them, just to give some bedrock around it considering some of the replies here.

This is someone choosing not to buy a game, that's it.

It's easy to envisage or act like people unhappy in this thread are red-eyed and crazed, frothing at the mouth, frantically typing their posts as they conitnue to stab needles into tiny Geralt dolls. In reality though, it's just people who are considering their purchasing decision and deciding they don't feel comfortable buying an entertainment product.

The attempt to paint people with the issue as being at an extreme, or overreacting is a common one. It's a tired tactic to win cheap points in the argument. If you can dismiss this all as someone throwing a tantrum and doing something totally unreasonable then you're golden. Look how upset this person is, they must be unstable. They're obviously just being emotional.

People blame companies for the actions over issues, that's how accountability works in the corporate world.

People blame, criticize and hold companies accountable for the actions of their employees. This really isn't anything that should need to be explained and the fact we've had people doing so is frankly bizarre. A company as it's core is a fictional entity. It literally doesn't exist. You have offices, employees, money, product, letterheaded paper and more. You pieces of paper and legal documents that define what the company is, who owns it and more but the actual company itself is immaterial.

Which is kind of the whole point. You have this entity to challenge and criticize, or respect and follow. One purpose of this shell is very much to provide a blank form capture for the business or institution as a whole, as opposed to any singular individual. So the idea that noone should criticize a company in favour of an individual is one that's so childlike in its naivety I can't take it seriously, especially if you're growing up in any modern society. When you go on to suggest it's "fucking cowardly" to criticize a company instead of directly targetting specific employees then, sorry, but this abundantly clear that your only issue with this all is that it's CDPR/CDP/GoG involved, who have happened to make some absolutely stellar video games in their past.

I highly doubt if they saw someone criticizing one of the major banks or supermarkets they'd be willing to type paragraph upon paragraph about how it's "fucking cowardly" to attack a company instead of individual people.

It wasn't the company though, it was a person on twitter!

Again, this level of naivety and feigned ignorance over things that are common practice in every other facet of business and industry is one that's hard to take seriously. The person didn't just fart and land on the desk in the office, primed to write a shitty tweet. They were hired, they were told the remits of their position, they may or may not have had the tweet vetted by at least one other employee before it was sent – and yes, I have worked within marketing departments of large organizations. It's rarely some spotted teen who's been allowed to run rampant with the front-facing image of the company without restriction.

That's what this is, and that's what twitter is. It's a very conscious front-face to your company that can be used to directly engage with your community. Anyone hiring for, and anyone applying for, this position would know this and understand the importance of it.

"Gut writes shitty tweet, guy gets fired" is a reduction of what happens.

Hiring for the above positions should rely on some background into the person their hiring's activity on social media, not least because this person is front-facing in a digital position where they'll actively been communicating on your behalf. It's not some NSA level nonsense, just a cursory scroll through public pages to get a sense of some of their vocal positions. It's basic due-dilligence for the role, done in minutes while assessing candidates. So it's likely it occured and nothing was raised, but it's a potential area for things like this to be caught.

So you've got your written job spec (likely written/agreed by people outside of the hiring manager). You have your hiring manager. Now you've hired the little would-be devil. You have an induction, you train him. At this point you might be congizent of the fact you've had prior twitter controversies within your family of companies, and knowing how one can affect the other perhaps you labour the point of being careful what to post. It's not comprehensive but it's key guidance on the tone your company wishes to write with, the remits of what they can and can't go for (politics, social issues, competition, the like). This is an important step as it's the bridge between their past experience within media positions, and how you would like for them to represent you. This can be as vague and as strict as it likes, but it's defined by the client/employer.

So.. guy writes shitty tweet.. From this point it's not even about the guy any more. That part of the story is locked in time, and now the only matter of meaning is how the management and wider entity react.

It's here where people galvanise their long lasting opinions, not the actual act.

Employees have done shit things in abundance, it's a tricky thing for a company to handle granted but if done right it can almost completely reverse the tide of good-will. This is because we largely recognise that yes, any employee of a company can go rogue and do whatever so it can be hard to not have such an event occur within a large organization over the span of many years. Instead it shifts to how this event is handled, whether similar events have occured recently, how swiftly a response is made, what that response is and whether ongoing any shift or change. It varies from situation from situation but you get the gist of it.

In this case it's where most people feel GOG and CDP have let the ball drop.

Firing the person isn't the start and end of this, nor is it particularly worthy of praise (nor scorn either). You would expect any major company to fire someone over transphobic tweets. There's poorly worded tweets and then there's mocking the entire notion of gender identity. We've established there's internal scrutiny to be cast on the hiring and training process, but now it shifts to how they were fired and how that was communicated with those hurt.

"It's gotten too much" as the sole reason for firing someone for the above is pathetic, and – with that we have – honestly doesn't point to much more than "you've become more hassle than you're worth to us".

Firing the person certainly shows they understand that there was a negative reaction to their actions, but in isolation it doesn't indicate much more. You have a very real financial and business incentive to fire them, even outside of any concern for LGBTQ+ rights. So further clarification is needed at that stage, to see whether CDP/GOG understand the ramifications of the tweet within the community and how it's hurt players. You'd want a statement put out pretty prompty to reassure that, to which we got:
(Image removed from quote.)
https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1031930291772899329

Which, as with the above, misses the mark again. "Sorry to all those offended" is not an apology for the action. It's an apology solely if it offended you, when it should be an apology regardless because the issue is the mocking in the tweet not the reaction to it. Harming somoene is rarely anyone's intention, so again – nothing really much here. No outreach toward the trans and NB community, just a "sorry for the offense".

So it's felt that nothing was really understood in what was actually wrong in the scenario, despite a corrective action (the firing) being made. Then you have this pop up:

Which is responded to with this:
https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/1054706033887793152

Even less understanding and zero apology. Which will lead onto..

GOG, CDP and CDPR are all separate!

In the wake of the GOG tweet the fired community manager said this:
Halliday told Eurogamer that this tweet was not his doing, and that the accounts for CD Projekt Red’s games are run by seperate teams, but it was still easily seen externally as part of a trend of bad tweets from the company’s social media accounts.
..because that's exactly what it was. CDP aren't stupid, they're more than aware that people interlink the three entities and they were always going to when they never shied away, or attempted to distinguish themselves from, the association.

Naturally they want all of the good will from The Witcher 3 and the CDPR brand to splash over onto GOG and it has. However you can't try and have that be a one way street. If you're congizent of the fact that your brands are associated and you're leveraging good will from that, then you need to accept that if one is stained by something like a PR mishap then it is likely to have consequences for the wider group. Certainly if you're having repeat issues on social media, there should be a focus on ensuring group-wide communications are consistent and managed.

So when you find a situation where two parts of this connected group are getting in hot water about mocking the exact same topic, and when apologies or no-apology is given in the wake are unsatisfactory you might land on not wishing to support any aspect of CDP until they make strides toward changing that attitude, and actually understanding the impact the actions have had within the community. Frankly, if they don't show much regard for the community in the wake of it being mocked when why should the community follow them blindly into the next purchase?

Vote with your wallets!

Ah yes, the long-repeated mantra that's brought out and vigirously waved around when microtransactions, loot boxes, sub-60fps performance and the like are found in games. We must vote with our wallets to discourage these actions so that they might alter them in the future!

Except when it comes to trans and NB rights when met against CDPR. If it was loot boxes and The Witcher 4, there'd be an uproar and voting of wallets. If there were transphobic comments put out by an EA social media account for which little was done to remedy the issue, people would cry to vote with our wallets.

This combination though; we have a minority group that's commonly not taken seriously against one of the most beloved developers this generation, with legions of people who feel emotionally invested because these are the people that made their game of the generation. This becomes a little different. It shouldn't, but it does and it's something that's obvious in a number of interactions in the thread.

Still not done?

That's all to say that choosing to not buy a product from a company because of their actions, and how that's affected you, is nothing new. It's nothing extreme. It happens in every B2C and B2B industry and it's certainly nothing worthy of rebuke. It's an incredibly harmless action that the majority here promote unless it's within a certain few set of circumstances.

I hope you fuckers don't start endlessly quoting this again

why would we do that?

I'm not interested in quoting it personally.

BisMarckie

« Reply #21301 on: June 12, 2019, 12:37:46 PM »
I'm a straight white male and I've been tired of straight white males for a LONG time.

BisMarckie

« Reply #21302 on: June 12, 2019, 12:40:15 PM »
honestly is there a video game forum where SWM's aren't allowed? If so tell me please because ummmm YIKES this thread...if ERA implemented a no SWM policy I would be THRILLED yall....

:rofl

Propagandhim

« Reply #21303 on: June 12, 2019, 12:41:30 PM »
Just scrolling through my twitter feed looking at all the joyful and fun post-E3 content that brought smiles to peoples' faces:

https://twitter.com/Dishwasher1910/status/1138559016655892480

Then I'm reminded that, in complete contrast, these 2 are both symbolized within discussions on rage-filled and miserable pages on Era.   :lol

BisMarckie

« Reply #21304 on: June 12, 2019, 12:41:46 PM »
We usually(always) focus on what it is in their posts.
The post count just gives it away.

:rollsafe

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #21305 on: June 12, 2019, 12:42:55 PM »
Just scrolling through my twitter feed looking at all the joyful and fun post-E3 content that brought smiles to peoples' faces:

Then I'm reminded that, in complete contrast, these 2 are both symbolized within discussions on rage-filled and miserable pages on Era.   :lol

yeah;
https://twitter.com/BoltGSR/status/1138494246598598657

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #21306 on: June 12, 2019, 12:43:34 PM »
They're really approaching hate boner singularity.
In the last 3 days they hated on a Japanese woman for "self orientalization", a number of (hypothetical) trans developers at CDPR for not speaking up against a woman with a penis, and a black writer for writing racist stereotypes.
Their only problem is that they don't have enough spine to actually boycott anything, they couldn't boycott a Spongbob remake, let alone the biggest RPG of the generation.

Unfortunate!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #21307 on: June 12, 2019, 12:43:42 PM »
honestly is there a video game forum where SWM's aren't allowed? If so tell me please because ummmm YIKES this thread...if ERA implemented a no SWM policy I would be THRILLED yall....

oh my god good luck keeping the channers out of that one
Uncle

BisMarckie

« Reply #21308 on: June 12, 2019, 12:44:12 PM »
Straightsplaining

:rejoice

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #21309 on: June 12, 2019, 12:45:39 PM »
Just so we’re clear, what is being discussed is that Cyberpunk is transphobic because it has a poster of a model with a big dick but otherwise female features? That’s it? Am I missing something?
you're supposed to read this thread:
https://twitter.com/acvalens/status/1138767383475212288

Some gamer: “THE CYBERPUNK JOKE ISN’T DISRESPECTFUL DON’T YOU WANT TO NORMALIZE GIRLDICK?”

Me, realizing I now have to explain the nuances of fetishization and the cis gaze today:

Hyperfixating on a trans girl’s penis is very cis gazey; it has a long history of both ridicule and obsessive desire. The “joke” in Cyberpunk is that a woman is genderfucked and can now maintain a visible erection. It’s meant to shock, not endorse, and certainly not normalize.

And you know what? Even if CDPR didn’t have this history of transphobia — only trans women, enbies, and trans femme folks w/ penises can really, accurately walk through the nuances of being a femme-coded person with a penis. I can assure you we’re constantly three steps ahead

Like: I have an erotica Twine coming out next week (@BloodPactTwine) with two trans girls that have dicks. Both are used and feature. But I weave in their genitals in a way that feels feminine, soft, and affirming. There’s no shock value here, because girldick isn’t shocking.

If Cyberpunk 2077 treated girls’ dicks as just another facet of life, it would be fine. This ad shows that CDPR thinks trans people are weird, shocking, and fundamentally sexual. How do you “get” the joke? By looking at the model’s bulging erection. It’s a trope.

Is an actual human writing this?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #21310 on: June 12, 2019, 12:45:41 PM »
rechecking on the safe haven from where last left off:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/post-21753116
I think it's my first time posting here but both how Kinsei was treated for sharing their concerns and the satire thread that popped up are absolutely embarrassing. E3 time is usually were discussion takes a nosedive but that has been particularly disheartening to read and I feel disappointed that the general gaming community here isn't capable of having a respectful discussion about these things.
I really hate this fucking site.
It is funny that this place is perceived as a "woke SJW paradise" when the majority are not. At least your thread became a graveyard for those shitty nintendo gamers.
No matter how much we like to pretend otherwise, it's still basically just NeoGAF with a purple skin.
And much worse in some cases.
I generally have some low expectations of how gaming side can get here, but I just want to pop in and say that even with that in mind it was really shocking to see the immediate outright vitriolic reaction to this thread earlier. I’m glad that it was dealt with, but... yeah.

Given that both topics have been discussed here in the past without quite as much of a severe pushback (though certainly some of it), I don’t know if it’s just people who were more active for E3 or what, but it was extremely disappointing at best. Even my low expectations are upsetting dismissals/handwaving, not hateful mocking. People need to be better.
I really hate this fucking site.
I am getting ready to give up on this site. I am sorry, I know nobody here knows me, I posted in this thread maybe once, but I loved this thread a lot. Keep it up people.
It is better to only follow some topics / communities and rarely venture to gaming or etcetera era. Today has been one of the worst days for this site.
I'm sad to see what your thread turned into , but I must say I'm not all that surprised either ...
I was prepared and I still got mad. The feeling of "don't touch my toys" is strong. It's even more disturbing that it's coming from Nintendo die-hard fans (mostly). You'd think they're kind of sensitive to progressive topic, but it seems even they fall into the trap of defending their favorite toys over way more important matters. It's no wonder why those same people often consider women as toys too.

Sometimes, the backlash for being progressive or just wanting to TALK - just TALK, damn - about some problems, is sooooo strong, that you start to wonder if you're not the one who's in the wrong. I mean, just read at this thread. It's not like the OP said something particularly controversial and yet, people went straight for his throat.

Yeah, just wanted to say that you're not alone OP, I'm with you. You're not in the wrong.
Yep. Hitler himself could have made the games, they'd still defend it.

Speak a lot about our society. If you're talented for something, you can get away with pretty much everything.

- You make good music ? You can get away with being a nazi apologist, like DQ composer.
- You make good games ? You can get away with your blatant and ridiculous homophobia, like Persona's director.
- You make good movies ? You can get away with being a child-molester, like Polanski.

The pattern is obvious. The laaaaarge majority of people value entertainment over progressive values.
I’m often frustrated when using radio stations on Spotify when they include any number of known domestic abusers and people known for sexual harassment.
Quote from: TheSyldat, god bless em
I mean welcome to the long term effects of living in a society that is so disgustingly and bigotedly heteronormative by design , that any and all non dyadic non cis non straight person is inevitably living a completely different life than yours ....
Oof, I must of have missed this thread.

It just kept getting worse and worse. Just why the hell can't someone understand that you can like a thing yet be critical of bad parts of it? It would only result in a better product anyway. This fanboy shit is stupid.

Smash Ultimate itself is problematic due to the disgusting black character representation (seriously how in the hell do you greenlight black characters being represented by the apes???).

And then you have this shit. Whenever you hear people talk about this site, they would make it out to be this very progressive website (which I feel is kind of true because of the excellent moderation) but there are plenty of members who clearly don't care about these issues.

Sorry to hear about your thread Kinsei .
Yep. This was always going to be NG 2.0. Seeing women I respected on that site in positions of power here hasn't changed too much. It's partly a matter of the userbase. Old style social media platforms like this aren't going to attract enough women. As long as the site is dominated by men, there's no hope.
Many people like to put their head in the sand when it comes to things they like, unfortunately. It makes them feel put on the spot, and accused of being bad people. They need to realise that it's not about them though. It's about putting a spotlight on bad elements so they can improve, which will never happen if we ignore it, or making excuses. If we let it go, it'll turn into background noise, or some type of lovable zany quirk these creators have.

I have this exact issue with Hideo Kojima. We were finally getting somewhere with him after a career full of blatant misogynist shit, but then he quit his job and somehow gained a celebrated underdog status in the process. Now he can name characters MAMA and FRAGILE again and people pretend this shit exists in a vacuum. We have to give him the benefit of the doubt, like the fucker didn't make a P&C adventure game where you can "interact" with every female character's chest, or how this Japanese David Cage didn't make Quiet and told us we'd be ashamed of questioning her depiction, or countless other examples. We're even further back than square one now, since it's part of his wacky persona. I don't want that type of normalisation to happen to Persona. It can and should improve.
Yeah, it's disgusting. I still can't believe this will be our new Cyberpunk game. It's like the devlopers saw the setting and bypassed all the messages and the point of Cyberpunk. (and yes, I know the original writer for Cyberpunk is a part of the game. Still doesn't excuse how this game seems to miss all the messages of cyberpunk for the aesthetic of cyberpunk)
The most I can add to the CDPR depiction of Trans characters is to get it right is to have a writer who is Trans or have the writer get help and learn from a Trans expert. It the same thing with why we argue about the problems with women designs in games is cause they are design by men (either giving ideas to an artist or the artist themselves) with not input from a women. You can't just read from a wiki about Trans designs and behavior you need to actually work with them to get it right.
Quote from: Biestmann, god bless em
All the money in the world cannot buy you perspective. CDPR is a Polish company in the end, from a xenophobic as hell country with no racial diversity to speak of. Of course, I don't mean to insult any progressive Polish members here, being part Polish myself.
Quote from: Biestmann, attempting English
Of course, but you seem to be of progressive mind to begin with and likely made an effort to expose yourself to the subject matter. If we consider a homogenous and/or backwards country as a whole on the other hand, it simply is more likely that whoever helms the writing will end up being someone that is not interested in or able to portray minority groups and queer folk in a respectful manner. Furthermore, there likely will not be anyone to criticize them on said portrayals during the writing process. In an environment like that, getting a product with good, thoughtful representation of anything not considered the norm is highely unprobable.
Real glad that some defenders of Cyberpunk 2077 are going to Outrage Culture and diminishing the transphobia as "someone said something stupid" as defenses to the game.

And by glad I mean eyeroll inducing.
Personally even though I do know that there are queer people working for CDPR I also hear the ambiance on the job isn't in any way shape or form conducive to have a calm and level headed conversation about those subjects . And also although I'm of the mindset that "there's no such a thing as perfect representation , there is thoughtfull representation and then there is not caring and no there is no inbetween , you either cared and listened or you didn't" CDPR fucked up so beyong measure in the past I really would rather see them stay away from those topics for the next decade.

Sorry not sorry but their track reccord is already way to heavy and they need a penance walk for me to give them the benefit of the doubt again .
REJOICE AND GLORIOUS DAY FOR OUR PRAYERS HAS BEEN ANSWERED!

CAVALIER WOMEN HAVE ACTUAL ARMOR FOR THEIR LEGS!
Sensible leg armor , a breast plate that's not vaccum sealed on her boobs ...
Well okay then , now for the million dollar question
"Is this design the base outfit or an unlockable alt ?"
Yeah sorry not sorry game studioq but if you want to be told "Good you're finally listening took you long enough" then this costume needs to be the base canonical one .
okay i'm re-convinced

BAN RESETERA.PL

DO IT YOU COWARDS

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #21311 on: June 12, 2019, 12:46:50 PM »
They're really approaching hate boner singularity.
In the last 3 days they hated on a Japanese woman for "self orientalization", a number of (hypothetical) trans developers at CDPR for not speaking up against a woman with a penis, and a black writer for writing racist stereotypes.
Their only problem is that they don't have enough spine to actually boycott anything, they couldn't boycott a Spongbob remake, let alone the biggest RPG of the generation.

Unfortunate!

Even if none of reeetards bought Cyberpunk it would still sell the same amount of copies

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #21312 on: June 12, 2019, 12:47:16 PM »
I'm a straight white male and I've been tired of straight white males for a LONG time.

:dolezal

benjipwns

« Reply #21313 on: June 12, 2019, 12:47:42 PM »

sounds perfect

resetera.pl

YOUR DOMAIN IS AVAILABLE
All domains include
resetera.PL
hmmm

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #21314 on: June 12, 2019, 12:48:02 PM »

does it count as a human writing if they just spit out random newspeak jargon?

benjipwns

« Reply #21315 on: June 12, 2019, 12:48:56 PM »
lmao the only country resetera domains they bought were Germany and Russia, all the rest are still available

benjipwns

« Reply #21316 on: June 12, 2019, 12:49:42 PM »
resetera.PORN
115.50€/year

resetera.XXX
79.50€/year

benjipwns

« Reply #21317 on: June 12, 2019, 12:50:29 PM »
i kinda want to buy the Poland and Serbia ones

BisMarckie

« Reply #21318 on: June 12, 2019, 12:51:25 PM »
lmao the only country resetera domains they bought were Germany and Russia, all the rest are still available

To prevent German Nazis and Russian Gamergate Anti-Hillary trolls to set up their own resetera. Pretty smart actually.
Nobody could have known that the Polish government would force CDPR to spearhead their transgendercide

benjipwns

« Reply #21319 on: June 12, 2019, 12:52:14 PM »
resetera.SU
28.00€/year

soviet union domain names lol

they only bought .com, .net, .org and .info too

BisMarckie

« Reply #21320 on: June 12, 2019, 12:53:17 PM »
resetera.SU
28.00€/year

soviet union domain names lol

When the .gay top level domain gets approved, I am buying thebire.gay

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #21321 on: June 12, 2019, 12:53:53 PM »
itd be pretty funny to have a resetera domain that just fetches resetera content but replaces various of their buzzphrases, like swap "inflammatory generalisation" with "uncomfortable truth".

Not €80 a year funny, but pretty funny.

benjipwns

« Reply #21322 on: June 12, 2019, 12:54:14 PM »
resetera.LOL
36.00€/year

ban bot should buy this from a cheaper site

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #21323 on: June 12, 2019, 12:56:16 PM »
Look at the shitlord that parked this
https://safe.space/
每天生气

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #21324 on: June 12, 2019, 12:57:37 PM »
Look at the shitlord that parked this
https://safe.space/

Tool Domains sounds about right

BisMarckie

« Reply #21325 on: June 12, 2019, 12:57:38 PM »
Swear to god some of you are just here to catch a ban for your steam forum and Kotakuinaction cred.

The Bire erasure :maf

benjipwns

« Reply #21326 on: June 12, 2019, 12:57:40 PM »
who thinks resetera.pl is worth $30 a year wtf at these registars, what happened to $2 domains

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #21327 on: June 12, 2019, 12:58:54 PM »
who thinks resetera.pl is worth $30 a year wtf at these registars, what happened to $2 domains
That name's got BIG industry clout.

benjipwns

« Reply #21328 on: June 12, 2019, 12:59:21 PM »
How is it yikes? Straight white men derail every single fucking thread on social issues with their bullshit concern trolling. It's a waste of everybody's time.
BAN STRAIGHT WHITE MEN

DO IT YOU COWARDS

benjipwns

« Reply #21329 on: June 12, 2019, 12:59:56 PM »
Can anyone let me know what post PrintedCrayon got banned for?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/this-fetishized-in-game-ad-from-cyberpunk-2077-raises-some-questions-about-how-the-game-may-depict-lgbt-nsfw-see-staff-post-before-posting.122649/post-21800441
User Banned (Duration Pending): Derail, inflammatory false equivalence in a sensitive subject thread
Let me just ask this. Is it factually incorrect that the oppression of the LGBT community is predominately led by straight white males?
I would have no idea, but I would wager a guess that it'd be yes.

I still don't think that makes it right to generalise though.

That'd be akin to the shit I hear in England all the time about how "all Muslims are terrorists" and other nonsensical bs.

also, i made a post specifically for you to enjoy: http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=46206.msg2639643#msg2639643

BisMarckie

« Reply #21330 on: June 12, 2019, 01:01:02 PM »
How is it yikes?

benjipwns

« Reply #21331 on: June 12, 2019, 01:05:32 PM »
TheSyldat is seriously awesome, I really do love their posts:
Pssst if you hold dear the integrity of your breastbone you not want to be wearing that chest plate while facing my fellow female fencers during club hours I'm just saying ...

In other words that design is cool looking but it's still the artist trying to bake his cake and fuck it too ... It's still trying to highlight her boobs just in a non boobplate way , but just by surrounding the boobline with the chest plate . So okay the designer avoided the structural integrity criticism ... by throwing Him/hersefl in the "do you want your kinghts to all drown in their own blood at the first claymore bash ? What the fuck are you doing rib cages and breast bones will be bursting left and right on the battlefield with that nonesne!!!!" criticism pit here ...
That's some normal fencing boots here indeed that heel is sensical because it's not slim it fully fleshed one that actually does raise up the talon at a sensible height while having it firmly laying flat because that heel is a good ol flat boot heel the way it should be .

That chest plate desing is miles better than the first drawing shared , but it's still stupidly short once again the artist is still desperately kicking and flailing to still "outline the hills" but hey at least she doesn't wear a breast bone piercing one now . So yay progress ...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 01:12:28 PM by benjipwns »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #21332 on: June 12, 2019, 01:08:51 PM »
Yeah sorry not sorry game studios but if you want to be told "Good you're finally listening took you long enough" then this costume needs to be the base canonical one
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/post-21800174

imagine thinking any game studio cares enough about resetti that they are begging for praise from them :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #21333 on: June 12, 2019, 01:09:09 PM »
Anytime someone tries to tell me how progressive ERA is I'm just gonna pull out this thread. Holy shit this is embarrassing.
Era isn’t that progressive, tbh. Gamers here love to dismiss things when it comes to stuff like CDPR and Atlus, but still want to be called allies or woke. It’s rather sad and has become worse the past year or two. People are just more comfortable showing their true colors in the post-Trump era.
This place is not the liberal safe space the internet paints it to be.
There’s a pretty damning heuristic here: it’s the third or fourth CDPR/GOG related thread here in a year where transphobic chucklefucks get out of their cave to get banned in droves.
This should at the very least question why this keeps happening, and what kind of audience they cultivate.

A helicopter is a helicopter until it becomes a bat signal for human waste to assemble.
BAN COWARDS

DO IT YOU CHUCKLEFUCKS

FStop7

« Reply #21334 on: June 12, 2019, 01:11:57 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dr-disrespect-banned-from-twitch.122641/page-11#post-21783696

Quote from: nikos, post: 21783696, member: 9950
I’m 35 years old and have never used a urinal in my life because I value privacy, so I understand. I don’t think banning Doc from Twitch, putting a halt to his career, is the appropriate course of action here.

If anybody in those bathrooms wants to take legal action, it should be handled accordingly. I’d still put most of the blame on the person filming. Had I been filming, I’d have used better judgement and waited outside of the bathroom. It’s common sense.

:iface

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #21335 on: June 12, 2019, 01:16:06 PM »
Yeah sorry not sorry game studios but if you want to be told "Good you're finally listening took you long enough" then this costume needs to be the base canonical one
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/post-21800174

imagine thinking any game studio cares enough about resetti that they are begging for praise from them :lol
What gets me is they always want the generic flavorless armor in a game that's not meant to be realistic in its design. Characters are colorful and unrealistic because it's a fucking anime fantasy game, but they want to strip all personality away because muh arteries.

It's fucking Fire Emblem, the characters have magic swords and there's dragons and gods, let the characters dress a little silly.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #21336 on: June 12, 2019, 01:16:46 PM »
"A helicopter is a helicopter until it becomes a bat signal for human waste to assemble." - Confucius
每天生气

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #21337 on: June 12, 2019, 01:18:02 PM »
TheSyldat is seriously awesome, I really do love their posts:
Pssst if you hold dear the integrity of your breastbone you not want to be wearing that chest plate while facing my fellow female fencers during club hours I'm just saying ...

In other words that design is cool looking but it's still the artist trying to bake his cake and fuck it too ... It's still trying to highlight her boobs just in a non boobplate way , but just by surrounding the boobline with the chest plate . So okay the designer avoided the structural integrity criticism ... by throwing Him/hersefl in the "do you want your kinghts to all drown in their own blood at the first claymore bash ? What the fuck are you doing rib cages and breast bones will be bursting left and right on the battlefield with that nonesne!!!!" criticism pit here ...
That's some normal fencing boots here indeed that heel is sensical because it's not slim it fully fleshed one that actually does raise up the talon at a sensible height while having it firmly laying flat because that heel is a good ol flat boot heel the way it should be .

That chest plate desing is miles better than the first drawing shared , but it's still stupidly short once again the artist is still desperately kicking and flailing to still "outline the hills" but hey at least she doesn't wear a breast bone piercing one now . So yay progress ...

I usually don't use this word, but this guy is seriously distinguished mentally-challenged fellowed.

This is what the breastplates of female fencers look like, you distinguished mentally-challenged fellow

BisMarckie

« Reply #21338 on: June 12, 2019, 01:18:36 PM »
Time for fencers to get reprogrammed.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #21339 on: June 12, 2019, 01:19:32 PM »
A helicopter is a helicopter until it becomes a bat signal for human waste to assemble.

new resetti motto?

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #21340 on: June 12, 2019, 01:20:17 PM »
Era isn’t that progressive, tbh. Gamers here love to dismiss things when it comes to stuff like CDPR and Atlus, but still want to be called allies or woke. It’s rather sad and has become worse the past year or two. People are just more comfortable showing their true colors in the post-Trump era.

Like the place has been around for ages :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #21341 on: June 12, 2019, 01:20:21 PM »
Era isn’t that progressive, tbh. Gamers here love to dismiss things when it comes to stuff like CDPR and Atlus, but still want to be called allies or woke.

I don't want to be called 'allied' or 'woke'.
I don't want to claim unearned moral superiority, or feel I have any right to do so.

Maybe the problem lies with the people who do want that.

benjipwns

« Reply #21342 on: June 12, 2019, 01:20:53 PM »
Just read avout the Voodo boy and the Animals, this studio knows exactly what it is doing.
Of course people focus on the gunplay and not the stereotyping. Because CDPR have shown their ass on that front multiple times with very little done to try and change people's perception. And so everyone who LOVES CDPR and wants to get the game will focus on gunplay because they know whatever bs they throw out to defend the stereotyping will be flimsy at best.
I can live with mediocre gameplay as long as the other factor are good, but stereotypical representation of minorities is disgusting to say the least. A studio as big as CDPR should know better.
Hint: They got so big because they don't care, or even worse, enforce it.
Oh yeah. At this point, they don't even tried to hide it. It is awful.
Time for journalist of big websites to do their jobs here.

why should he be banned, he gave his opinion which is totally legit ??
1. That poster is now banned.
oh, well, okay

benjipwns

« Reply #21343 on: June 12, 2019, 01:21:45 PM »
God, reading an entire thread of people saying 'its okay to marginalize you because its cyberpunk' in a world where Red Strings Club and Hardcoded exist, hits right in the gut
Quote from: Hardcoded Demo (18+ Only), https://yoplatz.itch.io/hardcodeddemo
!!!This is an adult game! 18+ only!!!

Hardcoded is an open-world dating-sim, set in the lawless reaches of a cyberpunk dystopia, in which you take on the role of a thinking/learning droid who has recently escaped her owners and is on the run. Before you can fully settle into your new life, it becomes obvious that Pira City is a place of dark and dangerous secrets. Fortunately, you're able to befriend a cast of very horny characters who seek your aid in pursuing a shadowrun-style investigation. You can spend your down time trying to establish yourself, by earning money, decorating your apartment, buying clothes, collecting sci-fi dildos, or working on turning friendships into romances.

!!!This game is very explicit! There are many dicks in this game! Most of them are attached to girls!!!
wait, what

BisMarckie

« Reply #21344 on: June 12, 2019, 01:23:36 PM »
God, reading an entire thread of people saying 'its okay to marginalize you because its cyberpunk' in a world where Red Strings Club and Hardcoded exist, hits right in the gut

Hardcoded is an open-world dating-sim, set in the lawless reaches of a cyberpunk dystopia, in which you take on the role of a thinking/learning droid who has recently escaped her owners and is on the run. Before you can fully settle into your new life, it becomes obvious that Pira City is a place of dark and dangerous secrets. Fortunately, you're able to befriend a cast of very horny characters who seek your aid in pursuing a shadowrun-style investigation. You can spend your down time trying to establish yourself, by earning money, decorating your apartment, buying clothes, collecting sci-fi dildos, or working on turning friendships into romances.

!!!This game is very explicit! There are many dicks in this game! Most of them are attached to girls!!!
wait, what

Maybe their genitals were woven in in a way that feels feminine, soft, and affirming. :gurl

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #21345 on: June 12, 2019, 01:24:05 PM »
How is it yikes? Straight white men derail every single fucking thread on social issues with their bullshit concern trolling. It's a waste of everybody's time.
BAN STRAIGHT WHITE MEN

DO IT YOU COWARDS
it's okay to be white

benjipwns

« Reply #21346 on: June 12, 2019, 01:25:13 PM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #21347 on: June 12, 2019, 01:25:48 PM »
Momo became unreliable :goty2

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #21348 on: June 12, 2019, 01:27:14 PM »

wait, what

If only cyberpunk had this level of tact

:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #21349 on: June 12, 2019, 01:27:14 PM »

i dunno, this art doesn't seem to be very ResetERA.com friendly

edit: lmao at that caption, one of these BURNER ACCOUNTS needs to quote the post and post that

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #21350 on: June 12, 2019, 01:29:08 PM »
Biestmann  :lol

I'd unironically like to live in a world where TheSyldat could become an advisor on design accuracy for artists working on armor and martial art designs.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/post-21801676

BisMarckie

« Reply #21351 on: June 12, 2019, 01:30:01 PM »
Don't we all want to live in a world where TheSyldat calls the shots?

benjipwns

« Reply #21352 on: June 12, 2019, 01:30:12 PM »
Yes folks, have some fun! Meanwhile the general state of society is that trans people have to fear for their lives on the daily but hey at least meanwhile dickchick fetishists are having a good time amirite. Priorities exist. We can celebrate sexual diversity when people aren't being murdered over who they are.
and yet Poland is allowed to live

benjipwns

« Reply #21353 on: June 12, 2019, 01:33:30 PM »
Tip: When you see these kinds of posts, look at the post count.
Thanks but I knew that already. I make these kind of posts to get them to actually say what they mean instead of beating around the bush and dogwhistling. Sort of a "give them rope to hang themselves" strategy.
wow if true

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #21354 on: June 12, 2019, 01:34:13 PM »
i kinda want to buy the Poland and Serbia ones

If u buy Poland I will chip in and we can make a mock site

benjipwns

« Reply #21355 on: June 12, 2019, 01:36:01 PM »
this is the chick that recommended hardcoded:
Trans voice here, not saying I represent everyone but its worth noting.

My issue with this portrayal directly is the blatant fetishization of genitalia. It's a key centerpiece of the advertisement, framed as if to say 'look here'.

Trans folk to a lot to avoid being defined by our genitalia. We'll see 'genitalia preference' debates on facebook and cringe, as cis folks will go to great lengths to avoid outting themselves as transphobes but claim they wouldn't date one.

To boil a person down to their genitals goes against everything we fight for. We fight to make people understand our identities go beyond physical characteristics.

There is potential for trans body positivity. I've seen girls proudly exclaim that they're rocking a bulge. But this doesn't come from a place of positivity. It's blatant sexualization, and even potentially mockingly so

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #21356 on: June 12, 2019, 01:36:58 PM »
Just so we’re clear, what is being discussed is that Cyberpunk is transphobic because it has a poster of a model with a big dick but otherwise female features? That’s it? Am I missing something?
you're supposed to read this thread:
https://twitter.com/acvalens/status/1138767383475212288

Some gamer: “THE CYBERPUNK JOKE ISN’T DISRESPECTFUL DON’T YOU WANT TO NORMALIZE GIRLDICK?”

Me, realizing I now have to explain the nuances of fetishization and the cis gaze today:

Hyperfixating on a trans girl’s penis is very cis gazey; it has a long history of both ridicule and obsessive desire. The “joke” in Cyberpunk is that a woman is genderfucked and can now maintain a visible erection. It’s meant to shock, not endorse, and certainly not normalize.

And you know what? Even if CDPR didn’t have this history of transphobia — only trans women, enbies, and trans femme folks w/ penises can really, accurately walk through the nuances of being a femme-coded person with a penis. I can assure you we’re constantly three steps ahead

Like: I have an erotica Twine coming out next week (@BloodPactTwine) with two trans girls that have dicks. Both are used and feature. But I weave in their genitals in a way that feels feminine, soft, and affirming. There’s no shock value here, because girldick isn’t shocking.

If Cyberpunk 2077 treated girls’ dicks as just another facet of life, it would be fine. This ad shows that CDPR thinks trans people are weird, shocking, and fundamentally sexual. How do you “get” the joke? By looking at the model’s bulging erection. It’s a trope.

Nope

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:putin
[close]

RyoonZ

« Reply #21357 on: June 12, 2019, 01:38:28 PM »
Keanu Reeves took the RED PILL
Why did ResetEra like him?

benjipwns

« Reply #21358 on: June 12, 2019, 01:40:08 PM »
Let's wait until the game is out before reviewing it, ok? It's not to anyone's benefit to start assuming things that might or might not be in the final product.
Or, hear me out, we could react to what they're marketing of the game now, and maybe cause them to fix their shit before the game releases.
I just want to tell you both good luck, we're all counting on you.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #21359 on: June 12, 2019, 01:42:03 PM »
Wait so liking dick is not ok anymore?

Bore shaking intensifies