Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3795471 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #21420 on: June 12, 2019, 02:21:52 PM »
what is this titty text game and where can i buy it? i need something to keep me going till cyberpunk bartender 2

https://yoplatz.itch.io/hardcodeddemo

(Image removed from quote.)

:dead

Never underestimate the horniness of nerds.

KOTAKU-APPROVED!

https://kotaku.com/a-sexy-cyberpunk-dating-sim-about-and-by-trans-folk-1830309223

By the third date, we were giving each other footjobs, accompanied by a little animation of said foot-sex. I’ve not, uh, given a footjob before, but I was impressed by the dexterity of Beryl’s feet as her big toe and second toe wrapped around HC’s package like a thumb and finger. I then got to choose between an “oral finish” and a “footjob finish” and I chose the former for a bit of variety. After that, I was informed that we were doing all this in a cafe and felt a little embarrassed at the idea of toe-fucking in a futuristic Starbucks. Ah well. It’s cyberpunk. Fuck the man, especially if that “man” is a billion-dollar coffee company that makes bad coffee.

Beryl sends me a thankful nude the next day, her face dripping with gratitude (and cum!), but the real thing that sticks with me is this: the truest act of cyberpunk defiance is showing kindness and love to those who are facing aggression and hate, the communion of those who are comrades in hurt and anger.
ど助平

Propagandhim

« Reply #21421 on: June 12, 2019, 02:22:51 PM »
CONTACT KEANU REEVES YOU COWARDS

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #21422 on: June 12, 2019, 02:23:43 PM »
content becomes less problematic based on creator huh? :gopnik

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #21423 on: June 12, 2019, 02:24:35 PM »
If the designer has to go out of her way to say what her work is supposed to represent... I mean, come the fuck on. Death of the author. Justifying something as "it is supposed to be shocking" doesn't excuse it from being criticized.
I mean the easiest thing for the artist to do would've perhaps been to spend any amount of time researching the topic at hand and, you know, talk with people in the trans community?
Something i sincerely doubt happened.
:dead

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21424 on: June 12, 2019, 02:27:01 PM »
The only way to address the social issues of a dystopian future (like al futures hipypotetical scenarios) is to honor the

That's true.
©@©™

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #21425 on: June 12, 2019, 02:27:39 PM »
I love how they've been going on about fucking cishet white males and the person behind that ingame ad is a woman :lol

BisMarckie

« Reply #21426 on: June 12, 2019, 02:28:01 PM »
Kasia is the POLISH version of Catherine. :drudge

You know Catherine, the Atlus game that was also mired in transphobia.

Just like this post and admit that this incredibly clever joke went over your head. :hmph

SmokyDave

« Reply #21427 on: June 12, 2019, 02:30:54 PM »
I love how they've been going on about fucking cishet white males and the person behind that ingame ad is a woman :lol
Perhaps she’s self-masculised?

benjipwns

« Reply #21428 on: June 12, 2019, 02:31:11 PM »
This should surprise exactly no one. The developer is notoriously transphobic and The Witcher 3 was disgustingly sexist. The game industry and gamers need to do better.
As someone said earlier, their defense lives or dies on them offering non-gender locked character customization.

Not holding my breath tho. I'm in the "simply lip-service" camp.
However, in this case it's more trying to trust an author like Ezra Pound to create a representation of fascism and expect him to point out that it is bad.
The problem here is a matter of intention I feel.

Either they put it there to intentially dig at trans people (unlikely) or through lack of thought about whether it would offend (maybe more likely)

Or they put it there because they know it is offensive but thats the feeling they wanted to illicit in the player who is immersed in the world they have created. (probably most likely)

I don't think we can really know for sure until the game is fully out and it can be taken in context with the rest of the world.
so are now we not supposed to read every single post in the thread before posting or what? I can't follow all these changing rules

can we just get back to destroying Poland? that's something everybody can agree on I think

Vertigo

« Reply #21429 on: June 12, 2019, 02:32:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-responds-to-sexualized-trans-advertisement-in-cyberpunk-2077-polygon.122807/

The thread seems to have taken the wind out of the sails of the over outraged.

That something so obvious needs to be explained it hilarious.

benjipwns

« Reply #21430 on: June 12, 2019, 02:32:46 PM »
NO RESPONSE THREADS :wag

benjipwns

« Reply #21431 on: June 12, 2019, 02:34:19 PM »
This just reads so hollow when everything shown of Cyberpunk 2077 so far has so completely sanitized of sexuality and LGBT representation. Nothing shown so far makes it seem like brazen depictions of objectified sexuality aren't still considered taboo in Night City, which makes the advertisement just popping up on a wall seem more like an attempt to be obscene and absurd. It feels mocking. Especially when the advertisement's design is designed similarly to bigoted jokes about trans people - "Oh, a sexy woman! Ah, surprise, there's a penis. Mix it up! Don't take it personally, It's a joke." which just comes across as bigotry in the guise of edgy social commentary.
lmao

Propagandhim

« Reply #21432 on: June 12, 2019, 02:34:45 PM »
This should surprise exactly no one. The developer is notoriously transphobic and The Witcher 3 was disgustingly sexist. The game industry and gamers need to do better.

"Notoriously"

benjipwns

« Reply #21433 on: June 12, 2019, 02:34:59 PM »
Quote from: Morrigan
Interesting.

So the content of the ad was intended to be offensive. People who were saying that the ad was cool and empowering etc. completely missed CDPR's point. And, in fact, showed themselves to be part of the problem.

It would be if the ad had featured blatant misogyny and objectification, and women said it was offensive, and then dudebros answered "no that chick is hot, what's the problem? it's empowering!", then CDPR said "actually that ad is intended to be offensive".
kys

Vertigo

« Reply #21434 on: June 12, 2019, 02:35:46 PM »

Someone will try and hint that she's obviously a TERF

:insane

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #21436 on: June 12, 2019, 02:35:51 PM »
I don't know guys, after I watched Schindler's List I started boycotting Steven Spielberg. I was shocked by the amount of racism and violence he showed and implicitly endorsed (by showing it). I don't know why I was caught so off guard, since he is a straight white male, I should have expected it.

I ran home and burnt my copy of ET.
:O

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #21437 on: June 12, 2019, 02:36:04 PM »
Well, I'm glad a PR person stepped up and gave the laziest, most hypocritical response. Nothing like having to go out of their way to explain the intentions instead of making it non-controversial in the first place.
YESSSSSSSS

BAN POLAND SPRINGS

NON-CONTROVERSIAL??

:mindblown

who tf demands media like this
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #21438 on: June 12, 2019, 02:36:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-responds-to-sexualized-trans-advertisement-in-cyberpunk-2077-polygon.122807/

This game just sounds so incredible and I say this as someone who didn't feel The Witcher 3.
IYKYK

Propagandhim

« Reply #21439 on: June 12, 2019, 02:36:17 PM »

Are we gonna have another thread of cis people saying its fine?

:wag

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #21440 on: June 12, 2019, 02:37:12 PM »
As someone said earlier, their defense lives or dies on them offering non-gender locked character customization.

Not holding my breath tho. I'm in the "simply lip-service" camp.

"Fuck you CDPR for creating this picture of a big dicked female looking character! Your only chance at redemption is to let me create a big dicked female looking character!"

benjipwns

« Reply #21441 on: June 12, 2019, 02:37:47 PM »
Yeah if you divorce it from the context of being from CDPR you might be able to get away with that
Are we gonna have another thread of cis people saying its fine?
Finally actual responses from them on their subject matter. Just speak up beforehand.
I still think it's a pretty dumb move to use this in marketing material without an explanation of this sort accompanying it, but meh. More interested in what other people think of this than my own opinion tbh.
:lawd this forum

Raist

« Reply #21442 on: June 12, 2019, 02:38:41 PM »
Where's the "Are you STILL buying Cyberpunk 2077 NOW? :rage" thread+poll

benjipwns

« Reply #21443 on: June 12, 2019, 02:39:00 PM »
speak up before someone sees this in the corner of a ray tracing demo and freaks out about it a year after it's already been shown!

benjipwns

« Reply #21444 on: June 12, 2019, 02:39:27 PM »
Quote from: sabrina
Wow, imagine CDPR actually having a good PR response for once. I hope what they're saying here is true.
WE'RE OKAY

benjipwns

« Reply #21445 on: June 12, 2019, 02:40:43 PM »
I don't understand why it's been considered not only okay but almost obligatory for this community to basically backhand-shame anyone that would find a pretty woman with those features to be attractive.
who dis on the bire? filler?

I feel like this would've worked better as a response had they previously shown literally any evidence of trans/non-binary people existing within this world before this poster, rather than just us having to go on this as a claim that they do.
didn't they freak out over the woman in the previous trailer who was like half robot or whatever because it was supposedly anti-trans?

Averon

« Reply #21446 on: June 12, 2019, 02:42:57 PM »
I like how so many are disappoint in CDPR's reasonable reply. Are they sad that an opportunity to get a hate mob going passed them by?

benjipwns

« Reply #21447 on: June 12, 2019, 02:43:53 PM »
this dude is not letting go: https://www.resetera.com/threads/this-fetishized-in-game-ad-from-cyberpunk-2077-raises-some-questions-about-how-the-game-may-depict-lgbt-nsfw-see-staff-post-before-posting.122649/post-21805013
Maybe, but as I said, CDPR built an ethos for themselves. Maybe the artist is not willingly being transphobic, and maybe the marketing team should not have given access to that particular image.

However, CDPR has built a reputation of being shitty about this. And that advert was supposed to be part of a world where "everything is sexualized", yet is just a casual detail in an otherwise common environment. If the hypersexualization is something to be commented on, why the fuck isn't it part of the thematic discourse?

Am I really supposed to believe that the game will treat social issues in a good light when the protagonism goes to a white dude who mocks black people for their exaggerated accents? After all that CDPR has done? Man, I would love if that was the case, but I research literary narrative and this kind of stuff is never in a vacuum. I don't expect the PR designer's words to reflect some kind of sudden change in idelogy at CDPR.

Himu

« Reply #21448 on: June 12, 2019, 02:44:09 PM »
Idgi

it's both.

it's nice to see a trans woman treated as sexy in a game.

but it's also nice to see it also works on a biting criticism of capitalism.

Either way, it's awesome. Don't get the outrage.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21449 on: June 12, 2019, 02:44:16 PM »
I wonder how many piles of transphobic screeds Keanu Reeves had to step over to get into CDPR's front office.
©@©™

BisMarckie

« Reply #21450 on: June 12, 2019, 02:45:05 PM »
Is Polska trending on Twitter?!? Because it sure is trending on The Bire!

:salute

I didn‘t know white nationalism and supremacy needed a pride flag ::)

benjipwns

« Reply #21451 on: June 12, 2019, 02:45:06 PM »
The context is that CDPR has repeatedly been shitty about social issues. Not only transphobic, but as in the recent hands-on, racist as well.

The artist's word is not canon to its interpretation.
YO WE DID IT

:american

benjipwns

« Reply #21452 on: June 12, 2019, 02:46:08 PM »
lmao this dude just put ResetERA.com on epic blast:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/this-fetishized-in-game-ad-from-cyberpunk-2077-raises-some-questions-about-how-the-game-may-depict-lgbt-nsfw-see-staff-post-before-posting.122649/post-21804952
I'm really bothered personally by some of the assumptions I've seen made in this thread. I should preface this by saying that A: I'm a white cis male, so I lack any personal experience of what other people have experienced and B: I'm personally emotionally close to this issue because my SO is feminine according to traditional gender appearance norms but was AMAB, identifies as male, and is happiest looking traditionally feminine and having male genitalia.
I'm bothered by the assumption that simply because someone looks feminine according to traditional gender norms and has a penis they must be transgender. There are a number of other reasons I can think of for someone to appear traditionally feminine and have a penis, regardless of how they identify. Other gender identities, subcultures, aesthetics. I'm not going to enumerate them; I would probably miss some and I really shouldn't need to for my point to get across.

Himu

« Reply #21453 on: June 12, 2019, 02:46:10 PM »
I'm full on hyped for Cyberpunk after this. I was going to wait and see but now it is a day one buy.

:rejoice
IYKYK

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #21454 on: June 12, 2019, 02:46:13 PM »
How I generally think of Resetera now:
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #21455 on: June 12, 2019, 02:47:29 PM »
I have read the wikipedia entry on literary theory, I am very smart :smug

benjipwns

« Reply #21456 on: June 12, 2019, 02:48:32 PM »
we have official Finale Fireworker thread shutdown :american

Himu

« Reply #21457 on: June 12, 2019, 02:48:49 PM »

and you were a mod for them.

how did you get to this stage
IYKYK

Averon

« Reply #21458 on: June 12, 2019, 02:49:23 PM »
Idgi

it's both.

it's nice to see a trans woman treated as sexy in a game.

but it's also nice to see it also works on a biting criticism of capitalism.

Either way, it's awesome. Don't get the outrage.

It's Reee. When have they ever missed an opportunity to misinterpret things to their worst possible context or be obtuse to justify being angry?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #21459 on: June 12, 2019, 02:49:24 PM »
how the fuck are they now claiming that there is nothing sexual in anything else presented about cyberpunk 2077, and its only this one image so they have every right to be entitled to their outrage?

shosta

« Reply #21460 on: June 12, 2019, 02:49:30 PM »
My bore account is older than that, Cindi :hmph
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #21461 on: June 12, 2019, 02:49:41 PM »

:gladbron

Raist

« Reply #21462 on: June 12, 2019, 02:49:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/polygon-cdpr-responds-to-sexualized-trans-advertisement-in-cyberpunk-2077-read-staff-post-before-posting.122807/#post-21804783

This just reads so hollow when everything shown of Cyberpunk 2077 so far has been so completely sanitized of sexuality and LGBT representation. Nothing shown so far makes it seem like brazen depictions of objectified sexuality aren't still considered taboo in Night City, which makes the advertisement just popping up on a wall seem more like an attempt to be absurd and mocking. Especially when the advertisement's design is designed similarly to bigoted jokes about trans people - "Oh, a sexy woman! Ah, surprise, there's a penis. Mix it up! Don't take it personally, It's a joke." which just comes across as bigotry in the guise of edgy social commentary.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21463 on: June 12, 2019, 02:50:51 PM »
Gotta close the thread to have time to process all the reports.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #21464 on: June 12, 2019, 02:51:04 PM »
Quote from: bluexy
Yes. But we can't just say that and ignore the reality of how Cyberpunk 2077 is being presented to us now. Because it's just as unfair and harmful. You can't serve Cyberpunk 2077 as straight male gaze that frames race and LGBT issues in modern bigoted stereotypes because it appeals to a broader audience and then say to vulnerable groups, "Don't worry, the full game doesn't do that. It's for you, too!"
lmao this dude, get in there and kill him Hobbes, be our verified freelance games journalist hero

Raist

« Reply #21465 on: June 12, 2019, 02:51:23 PM »
My bore account is older than that, Cindi :hmph

Yeah right, you signed up from the womb  ::)

james

« Reply #21466 on: June 12, 2019, 02:51:51 PM »

shosta annihilated

benjipwns

« Reply #21467 on: June 12, 2019, 02:51:55 PM »
My issue was by using the image on stage it completely removed any form of context and thus is subjected to the question and outrage directed at it.

The response is fine and justifies its use in the game, but the way it was just thrown on stage was problematic to me
these morons don't even know where it came from, they think it was "thrown on stage" at Microsoft's conference or some shit

I'm not sure that making an offensvie advertisement in a game actually does make any meaningful commentary on the subject beyond just spreading the narrative around further. She says that her intention is to show that "Hypersexualization in advertisements is just terrible" while at the same she is talking about how sexy she finds the person in the ad. I fail to see how an advertisment with "Mix it up" "Chromanticure" and a bulge that is not represented when men are sexualized are really making the statement that she thinks that it is.

The constant sexualization and fetishization that trans people have faced throughout society should probably be handled with a bit more nuance than whatever kind of reasoning this is as contributing to the problem does not increase empathy in any way and only further alienates us.
get more than one gimmick Ketkat

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #21468 on: June 12, 2019, 02:52:00 PM »

Raist

« Reply #21469 on: June 12, 2019, 02:53:03 PM »
The OP of the new thread is begging for support :lol

EDIT: please don’t say something like “see it was fine in context” as the controversy has everything to do with this company’s poor history of minority representation and social issues. Context is helpful, but the controversy didn’t come out of nothing and how the game will handle positive representation remains unknown.

Himu

« Reply #21470 on: June 12, 2019, 02:53:12 PM »
shosta i didn't mean to burn you. I really wanna know why you feel the way you do after being a mod.
IYKYK

BisMarckie

« Reply #21471 on: June 12, 2019, 02:53:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/polygon-cdpr-responds-to-sexualized-trans-advertisement-in-cyberpunk-2077-read-staff-post-before-posting.122807/#post-21804870

Someone explain this post to me, please.
I unironically don't get what the issue is.

This dude needs to be EDUCATED about bi-,tri- and quad- and polygender identities. :wag

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #21472 on: June 12, 2019, 02:53:51 PM »
EDIT: please don’t say something like “see it was fine in context” as the controversy has everything to do with this company’s poor history of minority representation and social issues. Context is helpful, but the controversy didn’t come out of nothing and how the game will handle positive representation remains unknown.

yeah, c'mon guys, you don't want to make it seem like a whole thread of people are over reacting assholes and a bunch of people were wrongfully banned or anything

benjipwns

« Reply #21473 on: June 12, 2019, 02:53:52 PM »
I do think, though, that they should have chosen to omit the imagery from any/all promo material (including nVidia's RT marketing) so that the audience can understand the context through how the game presents the world when we are playing it rather than just seeing it in a screenshot with no explanation or framing.
NVIDIA and CDPR should have known better about using it removed from the context of the story.
LAZY DEVS RHETORIC

BisMarckie

« Reply #21474 on: June 12, 2019, 02:54:43 PM »

The anti-Nazis have became Nazis.

Just like Poland. :fbm

Raist

« Reply #21475 on: June 12, 2019, 02:54:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/polygon-cdpr-responds-to-sexualized-trans-advertisement-in-cyberpunk-2077-read-staff-post-before-posting.122807/#post-21804870

Is BossAttack trans? I seem to remember a recent thread about people needing to "shut the fuck up when they're not part of the minority being discussed" :thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #21476 on: June 12, 2019, 02:55:30 PM »
Her name is actually Katarzyna Redesiuk
holy shit she couldn't get more Polish could she

shosta

« Reply #21477 on: June 12, 2019, 02:56:21 PM »
shosta i didn't mean to burn you. I really wanna know why you feel the way you do after being a mod.
feel what way? I just wanted to post a funny picture
每天生气

james

« Reply #21478 on: June 12, 2019, 02:56:33 PM »

Is BossAttack trans? I seem to remember a recent thread about people needing to "shut the fuck up when they're not part of the minority being discussed" :thinking

It's 2019, everyone is trans, get with the program

BisMarckie

« Reply #21479 on: June 12, 2019, 02:56:55 PM »
Her name is actually Katarzyna Redesiuk
holy shit she couldn't get more Polish could she

Maybe, but I need to know her twitter handle, her facebook and instagram account to voice my valid concerns. Hecht can you sort this?