Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3803659 times)

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #31140 on: July 16, 2019, 05:31:33 PM »
the neo reich/respergera dualism is the perfect diptych of our time. we need to capture the essence of it and put it on the next voyager probe so aliens know where to point their death star.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31141 on: July 16, 2019, 05:32:03 PM »
Mike and Rich genuinely disliked the ghostbusters 2016 film, a lot. While they got a ton of views, they tend to do review or talk about stuff they are interested to talk about.

I got the impression they thought it was 'meh' rather than actively disliking it.
What they clearly did actively dislike was the Sony astroturfing marketing campaign that went along with it, that watching a ho-hum comedy was somehow striking a blow for womens rights

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
sigh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31143 on: July 16, 2019, 05:33:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-was-so-livid-disney-heiress-visits-theme-park-undercover-to-see-worker-conditions.129398/

Boycott Disney like we did Amazon ! Cancel those season passes and yearly trips !
*crickets chirping*

It is quite obvious that greed took over

Shareholder capitalism needs to die.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_animators%27_strike

Disney never forgave the participants and subsequently treated union members with contempt,[5] arguing in a letter that the strike "cleaned house at our studio" and got rid of "the chip-on-the-shoulder boys and the world-owes-me-a-living lads".[7] Testifying to the House Un-American Activities Committee, Disney alleged that communism had played a major role in the strike, and many of the participants were blacklisted.[5]

:cmonson
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31144 on: July 16, 2019, 05:35:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-family-are-all-trump-supporters-is-time-for-me-to-leave.129368/

I'm kind of at a breaking point, Era. My family (extended family too) are all conservative Trump supporters. I think I have a second cousin that is pretty progressive. She lives in LA though which isn't close to me at all.

The thing is, they are all super nice and supportive of my political views. When I say "nice", I mean that they don't treat me as an outcast for having different views than they do. They don't rub their conservative views in my face but they do mention how Trump is doing such and such and what a great job he is doing with the economy and military. They also post crap on facebook from fake news sources like breitbart (tough to even type that racist site's name) and...fox news. Here is the issue, even though they are nice and supportive of me I know they are extremely racist and xenophobic because they support Trump. I can't help but think that me being on friendly terms with them is essentially me endorsing their racist beliefs. I can't do that anymore. I love my family but I think it's time I go my own way. I live in the same smaller city as they do and they do help me out a lot with finances. My parents always invite me over to meals and my little sister loves seeing me, but the whole group of them are Trump supporters. My little sister even has a stupid maga hat. I tried to talk to her about how misogynistic that hat is but she wouldn't listen. Ugh, I know I'm rambling but I need to figure out what to do. I could easily move to another city (progressive city) and find a job, new place to live, etc. etc.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

:rofl

Yep, this is the typical Ree member.

Thread status: Juicy.

Also, RedMercury showed up.

:teehee
Uncle

clothedmacuser

« Reply #31145 on: July 16, 2019, 05:36:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-family-are-all-trump-supporters-is-time-for-me-to-leave.129368/

I'm kind of at a breaking point, Era. My family (extended family too) are all conservative Trump supporters. I think I have a second cousin that is pretty progressive. She lives in LA though which isn't close to me at all.

The thing is, they are all super nice and supportive of my political views. When I say "nice", I mean that they don't treat me as an outcast for having different views than they do. They don't rub their conservative views in my face but they do mention how Trump is doing such and such and what a great job he is doing with the economy and military. They also post crap on facebook from fake news sources like breitbart (tough to even type that racist site's name) and...fox news. Here is the issue, even though they are nice and supportive of me I know they are extremely racist and xenophobic because they support Trump. I can't help but think that me being on friendly terms with them is essentially me endorsing their racist beliefs. I can't do that anymore. I love my family but I think it's time I go my own way. I live in the same smaller city as they do and they do help me out a lot with finances. My parents always invite me over to meals and my little sister loves seeing me, but the whole group of them are Trump supporters. My little sister even has a stupid maga hat. I tried to talk to her about how misogynistic that hat is but she wouldn't listen. Ugh, I know I'm rambling but I need to figure out what to do. I could easily move to another city (progressive city) and find a job, new place to live, etc. etc.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

:rofl

Yep, this is the typical Ree member.

Thread status: Juicy.

Also, RedMercury showed up.

This is basically stick to your convictions unless it’s hard, the thread.

Well, unless your bigot, homophobic, MAGA chanter family enhances your checkbook. 

You're just as bad as them if you accept their money. Just leave and never look back.

You're projecting a lot of information onto the family's motivations for giving the OP money that the OP has not provided.

Calling the OP's accepting money from them theft is bizarre and dishonest.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-family-are-all-trump-supporters-is-time-for-me-to-leave.129368/post-22809838  - I used to like that poster.

He's not and thats a disgusting, pathetic thing to say. You don't know him or his family.

If they're supporting you financially, get as much money out of them as you can and then sever.

:salute
sigh

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31146 on: July 16, 2019, 05:39:52 PM »
Mike and Rich genuinely disliked the ghostbusters 2016 film, a lot. While they got a ton of views, they tend to do review or talk about stuff they are interested to talk about.

I got the impression they thought it was 'meh' rather than actively disliking it.
What they clearly did actively dislike was the Sony astroturfing marketing campaign that went along with it, that watching a ho-hum comedy was somehow striking a blow for womens rights

they focus a lot on directors and writers, and I got the impression that they are completely disgusted by Paul Feig and in the Plinkett look I was enriched by all the clips and citations helping me learn more about this extremely punchable man
 :rejoice
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31147 on: July 16, 2019, 05:56:36 PM »
She does write:

She was not only attracted to both men and women, she had to tell everybody about it, against their consent.

Which is very weird. When do you ever establish consent before telling someone your sexuality
You know what's weird? Telling anyone about your sexuality unless you're seeking consent to fuck them.

Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31148 on: July 16, 2019, 05:56:37 PM »

they focus a lot on directors and writers, and I got the impression that they are completely disgusted by Paul Feig and in the Plinkett look I was enriched by all the clips and citations helping me learn more about this extremely punchable man
 :rejoice

the only things I've seen them seem genuinely angry about were... was it Jack & Jill? and what a shameless money grab Adam Sandler was pulling, and that annabel creation 'contest' by WB where they get free movie ideas. They have enough self awareness to know movies are kind of a dumb thing in the grand scheme of things, and don't seem to get triggered just by kind of crap movies, although that sony hack gave a lot of insight into the inner workings, and alien ghosts was a stupid as fuck idea that obviously got canned early on

Averon

« Reply #31149 on: July 16, 2019, 05:56:50 PM »
Surprisingly, a number of people in that thread is telling the OP to NOT listen to Reee and don't cut off all contact with his family. Given that the usual m.o. is to cheer on anyone to cut off all family and friends that are even a little bit centrist--much more so if they are conservative--a bit unexpected. Of course, the fact that he can't pay for his own chicken tendies may be the cause for this mild change of m.o.  :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31150 on: July 16, 2019, 06:00:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/racism-and-hate-%E2%89%A0-politics.129403/post-22811600

RedMercury wanting to relitigate that "No dude, don;t cut your family off if they're paying all your bills and treat you with respect even though they disagree with you politically" thread

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #31151 on: July 16, 2019, 06:03:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/racism-and-hate-%E2%89%A0-politics.129403/post-22811600

(Image removed from quote.)

RedMercury wanting to relitigate that "No dude, don;t cut your family off if they're paying all your bills and treat you with respect even though they disagree with you politically" thread

But I thought "everything is political"  :'(

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #31152 on: July 16, 2019, 06:07:02 PM »
After people told him that he's wrong:

Quote from: RedMercury
ah whoops

https://www.resetera.com/threads/racism-and-hate-%E2%89%A0-politics.129403/post-22811862

:lol

He's like a flag in the wind.

Edit: oh wait, he edited it. Maybe he hit reply too early. I was too eager to dunk on him and now if have shamed myself

Boredfrom

« Reply #31153 on: July 16, 2019, 06:08:18 PM »

Dunno, they were talking about the film like it was a Best of the Worst entry, with Mike getting drunk and all that. They were not mean spirited to the main cast, though. They even liked Leslie Jones on it and her character being “the normal person”.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31154 on: July 16, 2019, 06:10:46 PM »
Man, we need nachobro to post his update of the BAN list, it's gonna be pretty epic.
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31155 on: July 16, 2019, 06:11:27 PM »

as usual era's problem is the tortured transitive property

you can say politically you support efforts that promote repairs/improvement of infrastructure and roads

which means you want money devoted to those projects

which means you want money siphoned away from other projects like ecology

which means you don't prioritize efforts that might save the environment

well poorer areas of the world with brown skinned people are disproportionately affected by the destruction of the environment

not only that, infrastructure focus on what's here, what Amerikkka already has, it's "fuck you I got mine" to the extreme

so by supporting infrastructure you are literally committing violence against global minorities and are hopelessly entangled in harmful jingoism

this sort of racism and hate are NOT just "politics," you don't get to hide behind that veneer
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31156 on: July 16, 2019, 06:11:40 PM »
Edit: oh wait, he edited it. Maybe he hit reply too early. I was too eager to dunk on him and now if have shamed myself

ya know... I have a hunch such an opportunity will arise again at some point in the future

clothedmacuser

« Reply #31157 on: July 16, 2019, 06:13:52 PM »
After people told him that he's wrong:

Quote from: RedMercury
ah whoops

https://www.resetera.com/threads/racism-and-hate-%E2%89%A0-politics.129403/post-22811862

:lol

He's like a flag in the wind.

Well a mod corrected him.  RedMercury is so eager for authoritarianism he will eat any ass with a state badge on it.
sigh

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31158 on: July 16, 2019, 06:15:04 PM »

as usual era's problem is the tortured transitive property

you can say politically you support efforts that promote repairs/improvement of infrastructure and roads

which means you want money devoted to those projects

which means you want money siphoned away from other projects like ecology

which means you don't prioritize efforts that might save the environment

well poorer areas of the world with brown skinned people are disproportionately affected by the destruction of the environment

not only that, infrastructure focus on what's here, what Amerikkka already has, it's "fuck you I got mine" to the extreme

so by supporting infrastructure you are literally committing violence against global minorities and are hopelessly entangled in harmful jingoism

this sort of racism and hate are NOT just "politics," you don't get to hide behind that veneer

why even have elections tbh, if its a vote bwteen the good guys and the bad guys you might as well just outlaw the bad guys and everything will be perfect forever

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31159 on: July 16, 2019, 06:17:39 PM »
Holy shit the threadmarks are damning.
Like I'll have a easier time excusing Fox News bad.

:social2

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-critique-of-red-letter-media%E2%80%99s-bigoted-content-see-staff-post.129228/post-22811853
ὕβρις

Averon

« Reply #31160 on: July 16, 2019, 06:17:42 PM »
These people constantly complain about their mental health and the state of mental health treatment in the US. There's a suicide thread posted on Reee like once a month. At the same time, they cheer and goad users to cut off all of their support networks and social relationships (family, friends, etc...) and isolate themselves the instant those networks/relationships doesn't jive 100% to their politics and ideology.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #31161 on: July 16, 2019, 06:19:33 PM »
She does write:

She was not only attracted to both men and women, she had to tell everybody about it, against their consent.

Which is very weird. When do you ever establish consent before telling someone your sexuality
You know what's weird? Telling anyone about your sexuality unless you're seeking consent to fuck them.

Wanna eat Cocoa Puffs out of my asshole while we watch Golden Girls?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31162 on: July 16, 2019, 06:21:39 PM »
These people constantly complain about their mental health and the state of mental health treatment in the US. There's a suicide thread posted on Reee like once a month. At the same time, they cheer and goad users to cut off all of their support networks and social relationships (family, friends, etc...) and isolate themselves the instant those networks/relationships doesn't jive 100% to their politics and ideology.

yeah it's fun to go into those threads with alts until you reflect back on it and wonder if your post was the one that prompted a decision that leaves someone completely destitute or worse
:fbm
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31163 on: July 16, 2019, 06:25:13 PM »
She does write:

Wanna eat Cocoa Puffs out of my asshole while we watch Golden Girls?
Make it froot loops and you've got a deal
Spud

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31164 on: July 16, 2019, 06:33:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/redlettermedia-ot-very-cruel.804/page-129#post-22811919

can one of you fucks ban me forever already?

Wish granted.  :mods

ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31165 on: July 16, 2019, 06:38:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/redlettermedia-ot-very-cruel.804/page-129#post-22811919

can one of you fucks ban me forever already?

Wish granted.  :mods

the rest of that is so good

I asked for a ban in the shitstorm Etika thread, can one of you fucks ban me forever already? There is nothing less important in my life than this website, and its a really depressing place.

:mynicca
Uncle

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #31166 on: July 16, 2019, 06:38:18 PM »
Rich and his jolly fat man laugh get me everytime.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31167 on: July 16, 2019, 06:39:15 PM »
They should do a Rich reads ResetEra video  8)
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #31168 on: July 16, 2019, 07:09:10 PM »
Yeah, Ghostbusters 2016 really brought in the big bucks, as Sony discovered.

So like, a lot of the decisions that went into GB16 were fucking horrible. We all know this.

But perhaps the worst, from Sony's perspective on how the movie ended up, is why the fuck they greenlit yet another bloated cinematic universe knowing (knowing!) they were forgoing China completely cause of the ghosts thing.

Putting aside the fact of why the fuck you'd pump $100 mil+ into a comedy, at this point trying to set up a big universe with half the possible audience is just completely unsustainable. I'd really like to know how Sony accountants were expecting to profit off this thing.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31169 on: July 16, 2019, 07:11:23 PM »
Yeah, Ghostbusters 2016 really brought in the big bucks, as Sony discovered.

So like, a lot of the decisions that went into GB16 were fucking horrible. We all know this.

But perhaps the worst, from Sony's perspective on how the movie ended up, is why the fuck they greenlit yet another bloated cinematic universe knowing (knowing!) they were forgoing China completely cause of the ghosts thing.

Putting aside the fact of why the fuck you'd pump $100 mil+ into a comedy, at this point trying to set up a big universe with half the possible audience is just completely unsustainable. I'd really like to know how Sony accountants were expecting to profit off this thing.

If only Sony's emails would leak again. :lol
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #31170 on: July 16, 2019, 07:14:25 PM »
Those emails were glorious. I think some of my Raimi Spidey 4 info came from it. But best of all it confirmed 10-20+ years of internet nerd sentiment that studio execs really, actually, completely have no clue what they're doing.

I mean Amy Pascal probably made some of the worst decisions as a studio head (outside Tim Rothman's run at Fox) in modern Hollywood history, so the emails were extra juicy from those decisions, but I have to imagine it's pretty much the same "chicken running around with its head cut off" at pretty much any studio.

For peak decapitated chicken scenario, I'd check out the back and forth going on as Spectre was entering production. :lol

« Reply #31171 on: July 16, 2019, 07:26:49 PM »

No. Far worse than meh.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #31172 on: July 16, 2019, 07:32:29 PM »

Yeah my wife uses that Neighborhood app thing.. try living in a major urban area, it's not all "scared white people reporting brown people" lol.

it literally is if they are reporting crimes  :doge

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31173 on: July 16, 2019, 07:35:08 PM »
wow
Uncle

nudemacusers

« Reply #31174 on: July 16, 2019, 07:51:18 PM »
Those emails were glorious. I think some of my Raimi Spidey 4 info came from it. But best of all it confirmed 10-20+ years of internet nerd sentiment that studio execs really, actually, completely have no clue what they're doing.

I mean Amy Pascal probably made some of the worst decisions as a studio head (outside Tim Rothman's run at Fox) in modern Hollywood history, so the emails were extra juicy from those decisions, but I have to imagine it's pretty much the same "chicken running around with its head cut off" at pretty much any studio.

For peak decapitated chicken scenario, I'd check out the back and forth going on as Spectre was entering production. :lol
Those emails were peak Peter Principle in action.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #31175 on: July 16, 2019, 07:54:17 PM »
sony's films all seem like they're part of the same cinematic universe built on product placement, shitty pop song promotion, soap opera cinematography and actors who look like they signed on to the project with a gun to their heads.

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #31176 on: July 16, 2019, 07:57:22 PM »
I just found a big bouncy tit thread on Neogaf. I’ll go through it now checking for any awful racism and so on.
Please share your findings. Don't let their racism be internalized

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #31177 on: July 16, 2019, 08:12:07 PM »
bond is a bit of an anomaly, but that series has all its own people behind it with sony supplying the cash. well, the cash and the products mandated to have screen time.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 08:29:07 PM by headwalk »

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #31178 on: July 16, 2019, 08:57:43 PM »
Checking the GAF bans page today, I was certain that those fucking ridiculous posters posting about how gay marriage is destroying the fabric of society and blah blah blah were going to be banned, if not permed, at least for a week or something.

Nothing. Not a single ban. Zero fucks given by Tyler. Break every rule in his TOS, as long as you don't shatter his most delicate ego (aka Transhuman him), you're free to post the most ridiculous, racist, bigoted shit imaginable. In fact, he'll post that shit just for a dopamine hit of "likes" and laughs from his moronic, paying user base.

I get trolling. I love trolling. I hope for the sake of humanity these dudes are just trolling. But grow a pair, dude. That shit wouldn't fly on any half-respectable forum, not even the bore, cough, cough.

Tyler Malka, you're pathetic.
Fish<

Snoopycat_

« Reply #31179 on: July 16, 2019, 09:02:42 PM »

yeah it's fun to go into those threads with alts until you reflect back on it and wonder if your post was the one that prompted a decision that leaves someone completely destitute or worse

I often wonder if the Miley Cyrus photo I posted on Gaf was the one that pushed Amirox into a life of seedy despair.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31180 on: July 16, 2019, 09:04:16 PM »
tyler "evlore" malka, best friend of christopher "amirox" goldeberg the pedophile and neogaf.com moderator  :curious

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31181 on: July 16, 2019, 09:04:43 PM »

I often wonder if the Miley Cyrus photo I posted on Gaf was the one that pushed Amirox into a life of seedy despair.
???

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #31182 on: July 16, 2019, 09:10:35 PM »
The funniest part of my ban was that I was shitting on the site and on Tyler for ages, but instead I get banned for trying to talk to Tyler on a human level and inject some empathy into that shrivelled up little bitty raisin of a soul he has.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31183 on: July 16, 2019, 09:16:09 PM »

:neogaf :heh :sabu :betty :heyman :woody :crowdlaff :girlaff
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31184 on: July 16, 2019, 09:20:37 PM »
I'm offended.
©@©™

railGUN

« Reply #31185 on: July 16, 2019, 09:24:30 PM »
The funniest part of my ban was that I was shitting on the site and on Tyler for ages, but instead I get banned for trying to talk to Tyler on a human level and inject some empathy into that shrivelled up little bitty raisin of a soul he has.

Honestly, I think you broke him. And I love you for that!

:heart
Fish<

Averon

« Reply #31186 on: July 16, 2019, 09:24:40 PM »
Red Mercury is so slimy in that thread. He's obviously trying to plant the idea that, if you don't abandon your family because of ideological differences, you are *shock* a centrist, which only a single step about being a Nazi in their eyes.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31187 on: July 16, 2019, 09:31:24 PM »

bitch you literally reneged on a "please get some help" in a suicide thread because you learned he possibly wasn't from your tribe

top of page zuppa
[close]
[close]
Uncle

« Reply #31188 on: July 16, 2019, 09:34:00 PM »
no offense, but are you a marrec?

railGUN

« Reply #31189 on: July 16, 2019, 09:39:45 PM »
Fish<

Averon

« Reply #31190 on: July 16, 2019, 09:44:54 PM »
Is Evilore at least getting any money out of those chuds? Have they subbed to GAF gold? Tricking a bunch of losers sad enough to stan for Tyler of all people shouldn't be too hard.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #31191 on: July 16, 2019, 09:47:58 PM »
I tend to agree. I don't want children exposed to this kind of shit. I don't want children to be giving any thought to "sexual identity" "gender identity" before hitting puberty. Yet here we are in 2019 with children's TV programming introducing them to gay characters.
didn't Sesame Street and similar have non-Bert-and-Ernie gay characters like a decade ago?

also what kind of person still fears gay characters on TV as being the homoLGBTGSRM endgame?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31192 on: July 16, 2019, 09:51:16 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/rep-ilhan-omars-very-rough-day.1493029/

Like, REE is crazy, but Nu-GAF is :crazy

GAF is fucking insane and the weird culty focus in threads like that  :kobeyuck  it reads like a chan site or r/thedonald shit

however I hope it's still ok to side eye that first video

I get sometimes not dignifying things with a response but that's just

I dunno mishandling the position you're in and the minimum things you're expected to do and say
Uncle

Leadbelly

« Reply #31193 on: July 16, 2019, 09:52:44 PM »

I like the fact that he suspects him of being a centrist because he perceives him to be taking 'umbrage' with advocates of anti-racism. As if like being a centrist literally means you take the centre on every issue.

"Well I'm a centrist so while I think racism isn't necessarily good thing, it is not that bad either. I take a completely neutral stance on the whole racism thing".

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31194 on: July 16, 2019, 09:56:31 PM »

I like the fact that he suspects him of being a centrist because he perceives him to be taking 'umbrage' with advocates of anti-racism. As if like being a centrist literally means you take the centre on every issue.

"Well I'm a centrist so while I think racism isn't necessarily good thing, it is not that bad either. I take a completely neutral stance on the whole racism thing".

I'm not sure why the word moderate suddenly disappeared from the national lexicon and was replaced with centrist which implies a rhetorical position literally no one holds

EDIT: I know you're saying that's not what a centrist is but I mean it's too easy to fall into that trap, or just assume so in bad faith as era does, and I think moderate is a much better descriptor of someone whose views fall in between
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 10:02:45 PM by Uncle »
Uncle

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #31195 on: July 16, 2019, 09:56:37 PM »
Red Mercury is so slimy in that thread. He's obviously trying to plant the idea that, if you don't abandon your family because of ideological differences, you are *shock* a centrist, which only a single step about being a Nazi in their eyes.

Wait, you're telling me that Red Mercury isn't a centrist himself?

marrec

« Reply #31196 on: July 16, 2019, 10:00:49 PM »
Why would anyone take offense at being called a centrist?

« Reply #31197 on: July 16, 2019, 10:02:47 PM »
UMBRAGE

Leadbelly

« Reply #31198 on: July 16, 2019, 10:03:33 PM »

I'm not sure why the word moderate suddenly disappeared from the national lexicon and was replaced with centrist which implies a rhetorical position literally no one holds

It probably would be best to go back to using 'moderate'.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31199 on: July 16, 2019, 10:03:37 PM »
Why would anyone take offense at being called a centrist?

something something silence is complicity
dog