Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3910554 times)

jorma

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #48780 on: October 09, 2019, 11:59:44 AM »
They're trying to say that ONE popular Anti-Capitalist stance is Anti-Semitic (GEORGE SOROS!!!!), not that all Anti-Capitalism is always Anti-Semitic.

They're wrong, of course. Anti-Semitism exists by itself and doesn't have anything to do with Anti-Capitalism, they're just trying to make the woke class-warfare plot points of Joker fit into the right-wing ideology narrative.

i guess i don't understand the antisemite = right wing ideology part, because i still have trouble parsing that statement. what side is she even arguing on?

if you are anti capitalist you are a leftie by default. probably a tankie, even - since most lefties today are totally capitalist, they'd just like a better social security net and some wealth distribution.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #48781 on: October 09, 2019, 12:02:22 PM »
I'm sorry, let me repeat myself, maybe I wasn't clear.

8ch harbors literal serial killers and 4chan has literal nazis on it.

There is precisely zero reason to presume that posters on there are normal, incapable of relating to sociopaths, or wouldn't adopt Joker as a mascot for their own sense of persecution and misanthropy. They aren't playing 4 dimensional irony chess. That has no meaning when you've blown all the way past Poe's Law and started tolerating fucking Nazis.

Miss me with your bullshit here.

8ch harbors serial killers, but the real issue here is the movie and how they will adopt the Joker.

NOT 8ch itself and how it will use... well... whatever it likes to adopt as a mascot. If they pick Toucan Sam, is General Mills now fucking responsible?

::)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #48782 on: October 09, 2019, 12:03:56 PM »
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Generalizations Surrounding Race; Accumulated Infractions

The chinese 'netizen' (hate the word) response shows how sheltered and immature the Chinese psyche is.

Chinese expats and their children living overseas exhibit similar behavior. Reacting with incredulity at any hint of criticism of China, but they talk shit about their adoptive country and of course the Americans all the time.

The lashing out and going for the low hanging fruit nature of the comments, unless it's just from a form letter propaganda appartus, shows a lack of sophistication. It's a very gut, fuck you too response from the asshole in the room after being called an asshole. no introspection.
Chinese is now a race.

benjipwns

« Reply #48783 on: October 09, 2019, 12:05:54 PM »
User Banned (Duration Pending): Transphobia, Prior Severe Ban for Dismissing Concerns on Bigotry

Reading this thread, guess I'm transphobic if I'm only attracted to biological women?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Reading this thread, guess I'm transphobic if I'm only attracted to biological women?
This is some Ben Shapiro bullshit right here
marrec is short confirmed
[close]

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #48784 on: October 09, 2019, 12:09:28 PM »
User Banned (Duration Pending): Transphobia, Prior Severe Ban for Dismissing Concerns on Bigotry

[close]

The other ban they got

When you buy groceries do you stop and question every single employee's background and make sure they've never ever said some dumb shit? Oh no, better go buy my milk elsewhere cause 1 of the 50 people who work here are homophobic assholes online.

Absurd.

benjipwns

« Reply #48785 on: October 09, 2019, 12:10:08 PM »
Quote from: Alice
If you've a very limited idea of anti-capitalism, yeah. Again, look up the ties of anti-capitalism and antisemitism. Look up how the NSDAP used anticapitalistic ideas to rile up workers against Jews, for example. It's not quite as easy as some of us AnCaps would like it to be, and there are several pitfalls in rhetoric.
oof not a good look Alice

benjipwns

« Reply #48786 on: October 09, 2019, 12:13:38 PM »
Relatedly I'll never get over how the Tulsa riots were like the one time in US history that the labor organizers and the police agreed on something
in which muteKi admits a basic ignorance of the history of American organized labor and its contribution to institutional racism, very bad optics all over this thread :teehee

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #48787 on: October 09, 2019, 12:15:24 PM »
if you hate captialism, you must hate jews, because they love money? Is this the narravtive their actually going for?

marrec

« Reply #48788 on: October 09, 2019, 12:17:00 PM »

[close]

Bold of them to assume Ben Shapiro is attracted to women tbh

if you hate captialism, you must hate jews, because they love money? Is this the narravtive their actually going for?

I mean, ERA is replete with anti-semitism so this isn't a surprising turn.

benjipwns

« Reply #48789 on: October 09, 2019, 12:20:04 PM »
to be fair, they may have learned all their anti-capitalism ideas from filler

benjipwns

« Reply #48790 on: October 09, 2019, 12:22:05 PM »
Quote from: Alice
ROFL. Dude. I've been active Antifa for over twenty years now. Don't try to educate me about Marx.
:badass

Propagandhim

« Reply #48791 on: October 09, 2019, 12:25:45 PM »
I've been in Antifa for 25 years.  I've been hitting agitators over the head with bike locks for decades.  I've taken all the Marx seminars held under the Queensboro.  Who the fuck do you think you are?

BisMarckie

« Reply #48792 on: October 09, 2019, 12:27:35 PM »
IIRC Alice was the same poster who argued vehemently that their house was haunted.

Maybe it was the spectre of communism? :hmm

benjipwns

« Reply #48793 on: October 09, 2019, 12:30:51 PM »
Alice's dossier is in the "trolls?" folder.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #48794 on: October 09, 2019, 12:31:09 PM »

I like the idea that this is a big gotcha against Americans. :lol
©@©™

BisMarckie

« Reply #48795 on: October 09, 2019, 12:35:35 PM »
Alice's dossier is in the "trolls?" folder.

It's not, even though it falls under my jurisdiction of German era members, I got too preoccupied writing the Biestmann files.

Alice dossier coming Q1 2017.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #48796 on: October 09, 2019, 12:41:52 PM »
1989 is a big big big mistake by our government and I don't like how our government trying to bury it in the history book.
It is not a right thing and our country was get sanctioned.

I admit that 1989 is not that allowed to be discussed in China.

I think I am trying to make it very clear, please do NOT dislike China.
Our country is a great country.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/blizzard-china-defends-decision-to-ban-blitzchung-says-they-will-always-defend-%E2%80%9Cthe-pride-of-our-country%E2%80%9D.145966/post-25296212

:juche

nudemacusers

« Reply #48797 on: October 09, 2019, 12:44:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-has-absolutely-no-power-to-cancel-elections-nor-does-he-have-the-power-to-invalidate-the-results-of-an-election-these-are-facts.145891/

Peak ERA.
Though to be honest, it's not now entirely delusional to expect some wacky hijinks during and after the election.
Lol I like the first few posts acting as if the OP is talking to a caricature of resetera that exists only on the toxic Wild West of the unwoke internet,  followed by four pages of big brain nonsense posting.  :lol
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Averon

« Reply #48798 on: October 09, 2019, 12:46:05 PM »
1989 is a big big big mistake by our government and I don't like how our government trying to bury it in the history book.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/blizzard-china-defends-decision-to-ban-blitzchung-says-they-will-always-defend-%E2%80%9Cthe-pride-of-our-country%E2%80%9D.145966/post-25296212

He's either a troll or a true believer building up his social credit. He made that thread entertaining either way.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #48799 on: October 09, 2019, 12:47:13 PM »

JEB 2024: Please do not dislike. :jeb
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #48800 on: October 09, 2019, 12:50:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-has-absolutely-no-power-to-cancel-elections-nor-does-he-have-the-power-to-invalidate-the-results-of-an-election-these-are-facts.145891/

Peak ERA.
Though to be honest, it's not now entirely delusional to expect some wacky hijinks during and after the election.
Lol I like the first few posts acting as if the OP is talking to a caricature of resetera that exists only on the toxic Wild West of the unwoke internet,  followed by four pages of big brain nonsense posting.  :lol
ooh new content
When there is no election in November 2020, all of the people in this thread crying "the norms! the laws! the fail-safes! the constitution! they'll prevent all this from happening," will be the same ones who will try to convince us that this is totally normal, nothing to worry about shit.

Do the people who think that your precious norms and laws will save you have truly no grasp of history? No grasp of human psychology?

Whatever rules existed, whatever norms existed, don't mean fucking shit.
Keep sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming “this isn’t happening!”

See how well that works out for you next year.

Rules and norms are dead. The playbook is tipped to shreds.
The same way he has corrupted everything else: apathy and cowardice.

You’re not living in the same America that existed just a few years ago.

benjipwns

« Reply #48801 on: October 09, 2019, 12:53:35 PM »
You'd think someone who's been in Antifa identifying as "AnCap" for 20 years would realize they're pro-capitalism. :doge
Well now, look who edited their post to include: https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-is-joker-still-a-dangerous-movie.145930/post-25295497
(Nevermind that I also said US AnCaps, earlier, because I consider myself one, doesn't mean I'm blind to the dangers and caveats of Anticapitalism and how it has been instrumentalized in the past.)
:kermit

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #48802 on: October 09, 2019, 12:54:07 PM »
Am I still living in a society at least?
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #48803 on: October 09, 2019, 12:55:02 PM »
Am I still living in a society at least?
Not if California listens to the Chinese.

benjipwns

« Reply #48804 on: October 09, 2019, 12:55:59 PM »
I freely admit that I'm one of the chicken-littlers. I think it may mostly be the fault of my own mental state, but it feels like everything is collapsing all the time and that there's no hope for anything better. It's hard to see any positive outcomes and I don't want to hope for them because that makes the negative outcomes that much worse.

In short, I'm scared. Like, all the time.

...so I want to thank people in this and the other thread taking the time to patiently explain a lot of this. It helps to understand the whole situation a lot better and while there's still that part of my brain screaming at me like at many others in this thread that it's all going horribly wrong, having that information does help to make things a lot clearer. Seriously, thanks.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #48805 on: October 09, 2019, 12:56:27 PM »
(Nevermind that I also said US AnCaps, earlier, because I consider myself one, doesn't mean I'm blind to the dangers and caveats of Anticapitalism and how it has been instrumentalized in the past.)
:kermit
Can we get an APB out on AnarCat?
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #48806 on: October 09, 2019, 12:58:39 PM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #48807 on: October 09, 2019, 12:59:36 PM »
I freely admit that I'm one of the chicken-littlers. I think it may mostly be the fault of my own mental state, but it feels like everything is collapsing all the time and that there's no hope for anything better. It's hard to see any positive outcomes and I don't want to hope for them because that makes the negative outcomes that much worse.

In short, I'm scared. Like, all the time.

...so I want to thank people in this and the other thread taking the time to patiently explain a lot of this. It helps to understand the whole situation a lot better and while there's still that part of my brain screaming at me like at many others in this thread that it's all going horribly wrong, having that information does help to make things a lot clearer. Seriously, thanks.

Just look at how high public support for impeachment has gone now that Trump is trying to get Ukraine to help him win an election, and think how high it would go if he was like "lulz, election cancelled, emperor for life". Probably as high as 51%.
©@©™

Boredfrom

« Reply #48808 on: October 09, 2019, 01:02:29 PM »

He's either a troll or a true believer building up his social credit. He made that thread entertaining either way.

A true believer will not mention 1989. :bolo

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #48809 on: October 09, 2019, 01:02:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mei-overwatch-seems-to-be-developing-quite-the-pro-hong-kong-fan-art-following.145952/

(Image removed from quote.)

:dead

I legit love this tactic. Try to make Hong Kong protesters adopt Mei as a protest symbol in an effort to have Overwatch banned in China.

:delicious

yeah, this is some "gamers rise up" shit i can fully support

pro-hk mei hentai when

benjipwns

« Reply #48810 on: October 09, 2019, 01:04:55 PM »

:hmm

benjipwns

« Reply #48811 on: October 09, 2019, 01:08:51 PM »
found the print edition of the Moderators Guide to ResetERA.com Banbing for Downplaying Concernd of Racism:

lol at this chart

[close]

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48812 on: October 09, 2019, 01:20:50 PM »
co-cat owner  :dead

That poor bastard

That shared puss

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48813 on: October 09, 2019, 01:25:59 PM »
i hate this thread.

We're like the hong kong protesters with our memes and legitimate criticisms of a hypocritical totalitarian regime, and just like the hk protesters, if you come talk to us, have a few laughs then realise "yeah, those guys they protest actually are fucking dicks" before you know it the secret informants have ratted you out and you get a ridiculously disproportionate response for just voicing an opinion, like tear gas in the face or a wut ban

marrec

« Reply #48814 on: October 09, 2019, 01:27:37 PM »
That "Contextualizing White Supremacy" chart does not contextualize white supremacy at all I feel lied too.

kingv

« Reply #48815 on: October 09, 2019, 01:31:09 PM »
What did Joker do to trigger American critics so much lol. Never seen such a reaction from a normally pro-art crowd. You'd think this stuff was written by the Moral Majority of the 80s.

Can someone explain?
It seems like every other major movie has to be some political hill to fight on, for whatever reason.
Last Jedi, Captain Marvel, even fucking First Man had people taking sides with nonsense.

I’m actually really excited for excel sheet discussion of the new ghostbusters because she was on a one woman crusade for a year to crown Ghostbusters 2016 the best comedy movie and best Ghostbuster movie of all time.

I can’t imagine she won’t come out to straight trash everything about the one that invalidates it.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #48816 on: October 09, 2019, 01:31:17 PM »
Didn't ResetEra and gamejournos agree that criticizing companies relationships to China was racism? Was that just because of how much they hate Valve for trying to be a free market?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #48817 on: October 09, 2019, 01:33:40 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #48818 on: October 09, 2019, 01:37:10 PM »
Didn't ResetEra and gamejournos agree that criticizing companies relationships to China was racism? Was that just because of how much they hate Valve for trying to be a free market?

I feel is more because China is pushing everyone buttons right now and the HK protests being a hot issue. Also a combination of SOuth Park and the NBA shitstorms did help a lot.

Also, this has been building up for a long time, what Blizzard did was particularly egregious.

marrec

« Reply #48819 on: October 09, 2019, 01:40:08 PM »

Conspiracy theorizing about spyware based on Chinese investment is what they agreed on, criticizing an American company for publicly kowtowing to China in opposition to democracy protesters in HK is a very different story

I'm sure if Epic was out there saying "We allow free speech but also send all your data to China" people would be in just as much an uproar don't worry.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #48820 on: October 09, 2019, 01:44:07 PM »

Conspiracy theorizing about spyware based on Chinese investment is what they agreed on, criticizing an American company for publicly kowtowing to China in opposition to democracy protesters in HK is a very different story

I'm sure if Epic was out there saying "We allow free speech but also send all your data to China" people would be in just as much an uproar don't worry.
Does ResetEra not realize that Tencent, like all large PRC corporations, are effectively an arm of the Chinese government? Are they truly naive enough to believe that PRC is not actively creating a comprehensive database of not only all their citizens, but everyone from all over the world?

I'm pretty sure it's just because they hate Valve.

Dennis

« Reply #48821 on: October 09, 2019, 01:46:41 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #48822 on: October 09, 2019, 01:46:43 PM »

Oh, hey:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/xenophobia-in-discussions-about-epic-blizzard.146023/

marrec

« Reply #48823 on: October 09, 2019, 01:47:21 PM »

Does ResetEra not realize that Tencent, like all large PRC corporations, are effectively an arm of the Chinese government? Are they truly naive enough to believe that PRC is not actively creating a comprehensive database of not only all their citizens, but everyone from all over the world?

I'm pretty sure it's just because they hate Valve.

Anyone who believes that ANY technology company is free from data harvesting is desperately naive, much less one that's a public agent of the Actually Orwellian Chinese government... but to outright call it malware/spyware is hyperbolic.

Either way, Epic wasn't stupid enough to come out as outright anti-democratic, which is where the difference lies.

Also ERA hates Valve.

also fuck Valve
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #48824 on: October 09, 2019, 01:48:19 PM »

I feel is more because China is pushing everyone buttons right now and the HK protests being a hot issue. Also a combination of SOuth Park and the NBA shitstorms did help a lot.

Also, this has been building up for a long time, what Blizzard did was particularly egregious.

And yet they're all going to get Overwatch for their Switches next week and Call Of Duty the week after.  :doge
ど助平

nudemacusers

« Reply #48825 on: October 09, 2019, 01:48:33 PM »
Fuck, I don't even know why I spewed this shit in the first place.

With all the fucked up shit going on around the world and what's being spread around, I feel like the whole weight of the world's issues is on my shoulders and mine alone. Like I have to solve all the problems the world is facing, or my conscience will keep eating away at me for the rest of my days.

And sometimes, my so-called propositions are not exactly the best ones cuz it will harm the people I'm trying to help. Maybe I am not cut out for this
:dizzy

https://www.resetera.com/threads/after-whats-going-on-in-the-few-past-years-are-laws-necessary-in-society.146014/page-2#post-25297043
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Boredfrom

« Reply #48826 on: October 09, 2019, 01:48:50 PM »
Marrec is such a valvesexual.

marrec

« Reply #48827 on: October 09, 2019, 01:51:09 PM »

And yet they're all going to get Overwatch for their Switches next week and Call Of Duty the week after.  :doge

I logged into Overwatch last night BUT BEFORE YOU JUDGE ME I spammed "liberate Hong Kong" in chat so I did my part

Marrec is such a valvesexual.

I only pretend to hate them because of all the sexual tension between us, classic will they or wont they you know?

ResetBanBot

« Reply #48828 on: October 09, 2019, 01:52:04 PM »
Anyone who believes that ANY technology company is free from data harvesting is desperately naive, much less one that's a public agent of the Actually Orwellian Chinese government... but to outright call it malware/spyware is hyperbolic.
While this is true, you need to be especially careful about mega-corps that have their fingers in everything. Valve is actually great for personal security because they are a privately held company that exclusively exists in the game industry. They're not Facebook or Amazon or Google where it is legitimately difficult to avoid, and if you were to be deplatformed from could be meaningfully damaging unlike your Steam account.

There's no doubt in my mind that Tencent is going to try to integrate their international social credit score system as a "moderation, safety and anti-harassment mechanism" into websites far reaching. This is already happening in the west with NGOs.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #48829 on: October 09, 2019, 01:52:19 PM »
I do like that every is taking Tencent Tim at his word though. Didn't he say they wouldn't poach kickstarted games after Phoenix Point and then immediately poach Shenmue 3 and Mechwarrior?

ResetBanBot

« Reply #48830 on: October 09, 2019, 01:53:38 PM »
I do like that every is taking Tencent Tim at his word though. Didn't he say they wouldn't poach kickstarted games after Phoenix Point and then immediately poach Shenmue 3 and Mechwarrior?
Waiting for the "UwU I tried" statement

marrec

« Reply #48831 on: October 09, 2019, 01:55:23 PM »
I think at least some of the animosity is from Blizzard refusing to take a harsher stance against outright hatespeech on their platforms compared to the treatment this Hearthstone player got.

Though, they aren't considering the nature of his statement, if some Overwatch champ was being interviewed after OWL and said "I hate n-words" he'd be unpersoned so much more thoroughly than this guy.

Also, most of Blizzard's terrible writing is based at least in part around the struggle of small groups of freedom fighters against overwhelming totalitarian odds.

The Omnic Wars might as well be a ham-fisted allegory for HKs struggle for independence

Boredfrom

« Reply #48832 on: October 09, 2019, 01:56:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/2-dead-in-synagogue-shooting-in-halle-germany-shooters-still-at-large.145942/page-2#post-25295834

Ban twitch

(seriously, this are some horrible news, wonder what twitch can do about this because this could blow up)

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #48833 on: October 09, 2019, 01:59:08 PM »
I think at least some of the animosity is from Blizzard refusing to take a harsher stance against outright hatespeech on their platforms compared to the treatment this Hearthstone player got.

Though, they aren't considering the nature of his statement, if some Overwatch champ was being interviewed after OWL and said "I hate n-words" he'd be unpersoned so much more thoroughly than this guy.

Also, most of Blizzard's terrible writing is based at least in part around the struggle of small groups of freedom fighters against overwhelming totalitarian odds.

The Omnic Wars might as well be a ham-fisted allegory for HKs struggle for independence
blitzchung already got unpersoned pretty well. they yanked his winnings, booted him from the pro scene, and had his account permabanned.

also related to your point
Blizzard Expels Pro-Hong Kong Hearthstone Player: “Standing Up For Justice Is Only In Our Stories”
https://www.pointandclickbait.com/2019/10/truth-justice-honour-profits/

:birb

ResetBanBot

« Reply #48834 on: October 09, 2019, 02:00:32 PM »
lol what? Overwatch (along with like Rainbow Six Siege and Warframe) is like top 3 games I think of when it comes worst abuses of game licensing, where they'll outright steal from you due to stuff like "toxic emoting", saying the name of a in-game special ability in Spanish (espejo negro), or saying the name of an certain in-game item in combination with an in-game class (nezha siphon trap).

Boredfrom

« Reply #48835 on: October 09, 2019, 02:03:05 PM »

Did he though?

Honest question;  every time someone says something about Sweeeney it's always in rhetorical question form.. "Didn't he do this?"  And then I ask for a link and never get any lol

:thinking

ResetBanBot

« Reply #48836 on: October 09, 2019, 02:04:53 PM »
I unironically hope Twitch and Amazon come under intense scrutiny even that would be distinguished mentally-challenged scapegoating.  I'm just concerned about the size and scope of Amazon and hope for negative things happen to them.

Boredfrom

« Reply #48837 on: October 09, 2019, 02:06:46 PM »
I unironically hope Twitch and Amazon come under intense scrutiny even that would be distinguished mentally-challenged fellowed scapegoating.  I'm just concerned about the size and scope of Amazon and hope for negative things happen to them.

That sounds a lot like RE logic.
Also, don’t kid yourself, is going to end in blaming games and more censorship before touching their practices.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #48838 on: October 09, 2019, 02:09:17 PM »

:yikes ban this subversive game in America, as well as Cheetos (except flaming hot)
©@©™

ResetBanBot

« Reply #48839 on: October 09, 2019, 02:09:47 PM »
More censorship? Where do you think censorship comes from? The US government? It comes from places like China, and pressure from gamejournos/ResetEra who are dedicated to creating a public PR problem for any company that crosses them. Pearl clutching on CNN does nothing.