Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3797302 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #49200 on: October 11, 2019, 07:24:35 AM »
shinobi has an Escapist gig, right ? I could see him bailing out of time management, disinterest or to avoid any future conflict of interest and controversy.
He also has an actual job as PR with some game company now.

Considering how they tried to precancel his Escapist series and his inability to not tweet shit like about his ugly racist kid, he probably started to feel some of these Twitter driven controversies for company PR flacks that his forum is engrossed in were starting to hit close to home.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #49201 on: October 11, 2019, 07:26:40 AM »
It was smart of him to get in front of the racist kid thing, no use in the whole family winding up in jail

benjipwns

« Reply #49202 on: October 11, 2019, 07:28:11 AM »
Sorry folks, I had to deal with VERY URGENT reports. I wasn't able to comment on the dickpics you sent me, yet.
why are you gaslighting people who are giving out of their own hearts

SmokyDave

« Reply #49203 on: October 11, 2019, 07:32:17 AM »
Sorry folks, I had to deal with VERY URGENT reports. I wasn't able to comment on the dickpics you sent me, yet.
Can I ask you to overwrite mine with another one? I've just noticed that if you look closely you can tell I've 'enhanced' the image :(

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #49204 on: October 11, 2019, 07:33:19 AM »
Is this brownface?

(Image removed from quote.)

User Banned (1 week): Asking legitimate question

benjipwns

« Reply #49205 on: October 11, 2019, 07:35:35 AM »
Is this brownface?

User Banned (1 week): Asking legitimate question
no no:

User Banned (permanent): Inflammatory accusations against the Walt Disney Company

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #49206 on: October 11, 2019, 07:39:14 AM »
You know who didn't get removed from that Cosplay competition?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Irish
[close]

daemon

« Reply #49207 on: October 11, 2019, 07:40:23 AM »
Is this brownface?

No, this is problematic and racist depiction of arabian people, while Aladdin is lightskinned and has western features

Yes, I heard that take. People really need to feel like they found a revolutionary take on something, even if it implies altering the color palette of a character to prove a point

You know who didn't get removed from that Cosplay competition?

Irish
[close]
The original claims about blackface are so fucking dumb though.it was clear that being a woman trying to look like a male character, prosthetics were going to be a part of the cosplay. And when that point is reached, why would you paint prosthetics of any color but the character's? We truly live in a society

BisMarckie

« Reply #49208 on: October 11, 2019, 07:42:38 AM »
SmokyDave has a nice hog. Little bit on the short side, but beautiful nonetheless.

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #49209 on: October 11, 2019, 07:47:48 AM »
New admin ColdSun only has 737 posts.

:putin

coldsun was very active in steam thread from neogaf, then in the steam-era discord... it's who got me into re...

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #49210 on: October 11, 2019, 07:51:13 AM »

coldsun was very active in steam thread from neogaf, then in the steam-era discord... it's who got me into re...

So does this mean they'll finally stop fucking around with the PC threads and let them be their own community?

Who the fuck are we kidding.
[close]

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #49211 on: October 11, 2019, 07:54:51 AM »

So does this mean they'll finally stop fucking around with the PC threads and let them be their own community?

Who the fuck are we kidding.
[close]

i'm pretty sure he was downplaying all of that... perhaps that was the audition for modship?

thisismyusername

« Reply #49212 on: October 11, 2019, 08:00:09 AM »
In any case: Link me the Shinobi drama since I went back 3 pages and it's not there. Benji, at least provide links for us if you're going to talk about admins stepping down due to drama. :doge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49213 on: October 11, 2019, 08:00:51 AM »
The Global Yellow Wave of World Censorship Domination against Winnie the Pooh thread is still locked. What is ERA hiding !?

:shaking
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #49214 on: October 11, 2019, 08:01:41 AM »
It's a shame that Amir0x has gone on the lam, he likely has exactly the type of experience they'd be looking for to fill the fresh young holes in the staff roster.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #49215 on: October 11, 2019, 08:03:41 AM »
https://twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1182435153450356739

You can take the poster out of ERA but etc etc
I initially read that as "self doubt as a killer", which made the tweet more interesting.

benjipwns

« Reply #49216 on: October 11, 2019, 08:05:04 AM »
In any case: Link me the Shinobi drama since I went back 3 pages and it's not there. Benji, at least provide links for us if you're going to talk about admins stepping down due to drama. :doge
Tweets were preserved here after he deleted them: http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=46206.msg2711891#msg2711891

But go back on the prior page as Trojita first posted them and the conversation started there until shinobi deleted them: http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=46206.msg2711810#msg2711810

thisismyusername

« Reply #49217 on: October 11, 2019, 08:20:35 AM »
Tweets were preserved here after he deleted them: http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=46206.msg2711891#msg2711891

But go back on the prior page as Trojita first posted them and the conversation started there until shinobi deleted them: http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=46206.msg2711810#msg2711810

Oh so it's a 5 year old being a 5 year old. :goty2

Averon

« Reply #49218 on: October 11, 2019, 08:29:51 AM »
It's crazy how much Amir0x's life had changed in a few short years. Going from being a righteous, Nazi-punching, drug using, mom assaulting badass on the number #1 videogame site on the internet NeoGAF.com...to being a homeless, convicted child pedo on the lam from the law.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 09:44:28 AM by Averon »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #49219 on: October 11, 2019, 08:50:37 AM »

wait wait they seriously made the mod with user ID 1488 into an admin now?  and that's still his ID :neogaf
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #49220 on: October 11, 2019, 08:58:18 AM »

wait wait they seriously made the mod with user ID 1488 into an admin now?  and that's still his ID :neogaf

Low post count users are getting slicker and slicker.
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #49221 on: October 11, 2019, 09:05:37 AM »
How would you tax a company on data

Quote from: brianna
A tax when it’s collected for commercial use would be my preferred way,

:derp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #49222 on: October 11, 2019, 09:11:17 AM »
Did somebody say BIG DATA???

dog

Propagandhim

« Reply #49223 on: October 11, 2019, 09:39:42 AM »
It's crazy how much Amir0x's life had changed in a few short year. Going from being a righteous, Nazi-punching, drug using, mom assaulting badass on the number #1 videogame site on the internet NeoGAF.com...to being a homeless, convicted child pedo on the lam from the law.

Don't forget the piss.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #49224 on: October 11, 2019, 09:39:48 AM »
Nobel peace prize goes to man who actually created peace rather than an autistic 16 year old girl who can't answer a simple question from a journalist. REEEEsetera about to have a collective heart attack...

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-11/nobel-peace-prize-ethiopian-pm-abiy-ahmed-wins-in-oslo/11593346?pfmredir=sm
Spud

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49225 on: October 11, 2019, 09:42:20 AM »

Wouldn't seem that hard if you're willing to settle for an arbitrary metric. The French Directory had a tax calculated on the number / size of doors and windows for estate owners, that they probably lifted from Classic Rome. I don't know how accurate / difficult it would get but AFAIK ISPs do keep track of the bandwidth used by YouTube and such. You could use the number of accounts registered per country. Unique IP visits. It's not directly correlated to collecting data and using it but you could claim it is a baseline.

Or simply have the collection of data and its resale (or use in ad metrics) be under a legal obligation to be logged or submitted with the companies keeping counts of how many distinct entries by IP, maybe.

Please pardon any technical inaccuracies but I'd think it's not that far fetched.
ὕβρις

Boredfrom

« Reply #49226 on: October 11, 2019, 09:51:45 AM »
Nobel peace prize goes to man who actually created peace rather than an autistic 16 year old girl who can't answer a simple question from a journalist. REEEEsetera about to have a collective heart attack...

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-11/nobel-peace-prize-ethiopian-pm-abiy-ahmed-wins-in-oslo/11593346?pfmredir=sm

???

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #49227 on: October 11, 2019, 09:55:18 AM »

Wouldn't seem that hard if you're willing to settle for an arbitrary metric. The French Directory had a tax calculated on the number / size of doors and windows for estate owners, that they probably lifted from Classic Rome. I don't know how accurate / difficult it would get but AFAIK ISPs do keep track of the bandwidth used by YouTube and such. You could use the number of accounts registered per country. Unique IP visits. It's not directly correlated to collecting data and using it but you could claim it is a baseline.

Or simply have the collection of data and its resale (or use in ad metrics) be under a legal obligation to be logged or submitted with the companies keeping counts of how many distinct entries by IP, maybe.

Please pardon any technical inaccuracies but I'd think it's not that far fetched.

probably should have just quoted the twitter thread.

I was mocking her for her response when asked for details.

nudemacusers

« Reply #49228 on: October 11, 2019, 10:05:16 AM »
Not only that, shinobi602 of ugly racist kids fame and ZhugeEX of failed BenjiSales competitor fame have both quit the staff:

This was the admins list from a week ago when Finale Fireworker died:
Hopefully shinobi’s newly cleared schedule allows him the time to vote.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 10:44:02 AM by nudemacusers »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49229 on: October 11, 2019, 10:12:35 AM »

probably should have just quoted the twitter thread.

I was mocking her for her response when asked for details.

https://twitter.com/BriannaWu/status/1182439019298336770

:confused

I'm not seeing the tweets you refer to but a recent one is saying that Yang plan would be contingent on companies filling their data collection to some public authority.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #49230 on: October 11, 2019, 10:16:02 AM »
Hopefully shinobi’s newly cleared schedule allows him the time to, vote.
And beat the racism out of his ugly racist kid like that one Twitter response suggested.

BisMarckie

« Reply #49231 on: October 11, 2019, 10:23:26 AM »
Better safe than sorry.

One day they are calling a black person ugly, the next day they are shoving gay people in a gas station.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #49232 on: October 11, 2019, 11:04:18 AM »
Turnover at Resetera admin rivals that of the White House
:O

benjipwns

« Reply #49233 on: October 11, 2019, 11:06:39 AM »
Turnover at Resetera admin rivals that of the White House
That's because _________ and ___________ through _________ would ____ it.

/cauli

benjipwns

« Reply #49234 on: October 11, 2019, 11:12:30 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49235 on: October 11, 2019, 11:15:21 AM »
Sad thing about these propaganda threads is its impossible to know if the OP truly believes it.

Sad !
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #49236 on: October 11, 2019, 11:17:35 AM »
Sad thing about these propaganda threads is its impossible to know if the OP truly believes it.

Sad !

Imagine posting things you truly believe online  :crowdlaff :girlaff
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49237 on: October 11, 2019, 11:19:58 AM »
Beating dead horses is our specialty : Don't think you would see the same casual dismissiveness if someone made similar arguments for some other ethnicities or minorities. The guy even explicitly dissociate the CCP from his points to avoid any ambiguity.
:yeshrug
ὕβρις

SmokyDave

« Reply #49238 on: October 11, 2019, 11:27:06 AM »
I'm sure the 'dismissing other users concerns' and 'excusing sinophobia' bans will come raining down any minute.

Edit: Ah fuck, I'm not cut out for this 'top of the page' shit. FREE YUKA.

Mod Edit: Top of the page Yuasa:

[close]
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 12:35:55 PM by Great Rumbler »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49239 on: October 11, 2019, 11:31:45 AM »
That thread is a hoot : critical failure to parse the original post, not so subtle stock xenophobia and people handwaving and demanding examples when at least one guy give a personal account of being bullied for being Chinese.

ResetERA  :dolezal :cac
ὕβρις

james

« Reply #49240 on: October 11, 2019, 11:33:09 AM »
nuke China

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49241 on: October 11, 2019, 11:48:48 AM »
Beating dead horses is our specialty : Don't think you would see the same casual dismissiveness if someone made similar arguments for some other ethnicities or minorities. The guy even explicitly dissociate the CCP from his points to avoid any ambiguity.
:yeshrug
I don't know, seems like Chicken Little bullshit.

Focusing on anti-Chinese individualistic racism, invoking a hate crime murder, talking about being shamed out of heritage etc. and framing it as an attack on Western hegemony (when really if anything it's a selfish{denotative, inc. dorks} perception of intrusion of foreign censors seen by a small section {in relative power} of the masses and opposes the overwhelming support by those who conduct international business) is kinda cringe.

It's not quite up to McCarthyism levels still but there's a pretty straight line from the Red Scare to the end of the Cold War and beyond it until the present day, especially in American discourse, everytime Russia or China international politics get brought up. It's not exactly uncommon on ERA to see drive-by comments about China shoddy ability at manufacturing or relying exclusively on corporate espionage even when unwarranted or unsubstantiated in whatever the particular thread is. If that's not textbook prejudice, "pre-judging", I don't know what is. That's just one example.

It's messy and complicated because just like the original Red Scare it mixes legitimate, substantiated criticism with hysteria and it's not always easy to know where one starts and the other stops.

China possibly being on its way to displace the USA (and the Western world at large) from its perch and the looming fear to suddenly being at the large, wrong end of the stick cannot not play into it.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49242 on: October 11, 2019, 11:57:13 AM »
I'm a bit surprised the mods have allowed this thread to exist.

Urgent Minority Reports.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/to-all-my-fellow-chinese-diaspora.146407/post-25355825
ὕβρις

james

« Reply #49243 on: October 11, 2019, 12:24:01 PM »
China is trash.

Their one and only good export has been the rub and tug

Good luck hearing that on mainstream media

james

« Reply #49244 on: October 11, 2019, 12:28:17 PM »
Isn't opium from China?

China has been waging war against inner cities and rural areas for decades

ResetBanBot

« Reply #49245 on: October 11, 2019, 12:38:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gi-biz-the-industry-is-looking-at-sony-to-see-whats-next-for-the-console-business-at-the-moment-xbox-is-the-one-providing-all-the-answers.145929/page-16#post-25318288

Quote from: Rikimaru, post: 25318288, member: 30095
User Banned (4 Days): Inflammatory Commentary Surrounding the Media and Platform Warring

Looking at tweets this guy is totally a Microsoft fanboy.

There should be an opencritic site with reviewer and journalist info. There could be statistics like this person rates RPGs or games of this company higher than others. And dossier with biased tweets and alike.

Your next half-functioning project banbot?
I already have like 4 ongoing hobby projects, I don't need another one to ensure they remain half-finished. Plus, I think written game reviews are basically dead. Anyone who actually wants to get a serious opinion about a game will find a YouTuber who specializes in that genre or series. Kotaku/Polygon/Whoever are more interested in talking about how games make them "feel" despite them having no interest in the game itself, and will probably use it as a diving board to complain about Steam, difficulty options or something equally stupid and unrelated.

Personally I like MandaloreGaming and SsethTzeentach
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 12:45:46 PM by ResetBanBot »

Nuitangg

« Reply #49246 on: October 11, 2019, 12:40:18 PM »
I'd really like to see these Blizzard "account deletions" on Era. 

ResetBanBot

« Reply #49247 on: October 11, 2019, 12:47:18 PM »
Deleting your account is objectively dumb, just stop logging in. You're only de-bloating their DB by asking for your data to get purged. Flood their customer support with bullshit if you want to "protest" and cost them money in some way.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49248 on: October 11, 2019, 12:49:14 PM »
I don't think we're talking of the same thing exactly here. Though I would note that the current trade war engaged by Trump with China or, perhaps more convincingly, the very real consideration of banning Chinese companies from 5G infrastructure markets (and the obvious assault on Huawei) on the basis of espionage claims that may sometimes have been hyperbolic do look like examples of drumming up prejudiced public suspicions to cover up what is partly self interest.

Does it affect Asian, Chinese-looking people living in the West and the racism targeted at them ? I wouldn't presume to know off hand, probably not as dramatically as the spikes in antisemitism, antimuslim or antihispanic attacks. But it's not like there's no history of a racist tradition in the West and the USA that could turn ugly too when put under enough pressure.

Even if it is not as harmful, I only see benefit in trying to adress reactionary, racist myths both in general and for better, more level headed and more productive discussions on foreign affairs.

In this particular case it's pretty clear the OP is talking about anti-Chinese attitudes against individuals living abroad, that he dissociated the CCP from the heritage and that it's prejudice at the latter and not the former that concerns him. Cue posts like this where eminent Woke Brigade alumni tries to somehow backflip out of having made a ridiculous, somewhat racist, assumption instead of admitting he maybe nutted a bit too soon.
ὕβρις

james

« Reply #49249 on: October 11, 2019, 12:49:22 PM »
Deleting your account is objectively dumb, just stop logging in. You're only de-bloating their DB by asking for your data to get purged. Flood their customer support with bullshit if you want to "protest" and cost them money in some way.

It's called launching a DDoS attack you nerd.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #49250 on: October 11, 2019, 01:02:00 PM »
I would never promote committing serious criminal actions on a public internet forum.

james

« Reply #49251 on: October 11, 2019, 01:04:05 PM »
I would never promote committing serious criminal actions on a public internet forum.

:ufup

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #49252 on: October 11, 2019, 01:08:10 PM »
Isn't opium from China?

China has been waging war against inner cities and rural areas for decades
tfw the British empire poppy-fucks you so hard people think the stuff was invented in your country

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49253 on: October 11, 2019, 01:15:40 PM »
DeepWater actually being consistent in this Chinese thread.
Life is a wild ride.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49254 on: October 11, 2019, 01:22:57 PM »
Apparently we also missed a thread about having internment camps and deportations for Chinese expatriates, need to find this.
ὕβρις

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #49255 on: October 11, 2019, 01:25:19 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49256 on: October 11, 2019, 01:35:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mainland-chinese-thugs-harassing-hkers-in-canada.145229/

TLDR : ERA is suddenly in a pickle when they can't reconcile anti-racism and their boners for thought crimes.
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #49257 on: October 11, 2019, 01:40:10 PM »
I've had the revelation that Black people, have had to beat their kids, historically. If their kids got out of line or violated an underwritten rule (walk on the side walk, whistle at a white lady), not only would the kids be in danger but the entire family. Emmitt Till did nothing wrong but they dragged him out of the house.

I feel the same urge to discipline my kids or they might get on trouble. And the pressure is still there. Our kids are locked up more often, get harsher sentences.

So, unless we deal with systemic racism and oppression, corporal punishment was a survival skill.

:brain

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #49258 on: October 11, 2019, 01:41:37 PM »

it is something to remind yourself not to buy future games from them and also to force you to feel like a hypocritical slime if you ever re-create an account

"ooh Diablo 4 I can't wait, let me just log into my Blizz account and...oh wait, right..."
Uncle

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #49259 on: October 11, 2019, 01:41:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mainland-chinese-thugs-harassing-hkers-in-canada.145229/
Should deport these fucks
These fucks defending a dictatorship while enjoying a free democracy need to be ball kicked.
Deport all of their asses back to China.
kick em out, deny their visa's for the next 80 years.

then do it across the fucking board.
These pro-CCPP might behave more civilized if they thought they might be deported and possibly going to benefit an organ factory in some capacity.

just from the first page :lol