Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3928083 times)

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #51420 on: October 26, 2019, 08:24:15 PM »
It's not like people who live in popular spots of movie  shoots don't know you're going to be inconvenience once in a while for reasons. Besides it's new York, their reputation aren't shrinking lillies.

Rman

« Reply #51421 on: October 26, 2019, 08:26:01 PM »
I know that neighborhood. Mostly working-class Hispanic and black.  It's just some idiots complaining. Most are too busy working to give a shit.  It's funny seeing ERA woke it up like they know the place.

This is the issue with any social media stuff.  It's mostly a tiny, but vocal annoying group of gadflies. 

Moreover, those stairs are rarely used at all.  Look at the shots of the place, it's not exactly Times Square.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #51423 on: October 26, 2019, 08:44:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-do-people-hate-vegans.149154/

15 pages of whining and moaning...

The extremely vocal minority of vegans is why most people hate vegans, as the EXACT same thing can be said for resetera I’m not surprised that they can’t figure this out

Boredfrom

« Reply #51424 on: October 26, 2019, 08:45:54 PM »
It's not like people who live in popular spots of movie  shoots don't know you're going to be inconvenience once in a while for reasons. Besides it's new York, their reputation aren't shrinking lillies.

I dunno, as a tourist I was surprised how many people there were polite and friendly.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #51425 on: October 26, 2019, 08:50:49 PM »
Saturday night era is lit

Thank you!

It's irritating that nerd culture is overestimating the intelligence of the movie. I think they want a comic book movie to win an Oscar so that CB movies can finally be taken "seriously."

Then again, I doubt they watch a lot of movies in the first place. Or else, they would no that Joker isn't some meta commentary on the human condition.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/joker-is-a-movie-that-wants-to-have-its-cake-and-eat-it-too-spoilers.149462/

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #51426 on: October 26, 2019, 09:01:29 PM »

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #51427 on: October 26, 2019, 09:05:51 PM »
Can I pick someone with a ton of head mates?
Oi Oi

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #51428 on: October 26, 2019, 09:19:10 PM »
Quote from: i-Lo, post: 25833057, member: 28500
Most likely [USER=1995]Nepenthe[/USER] because she can give me a quick death (her martial arts skills) if I lose my mind in isolation. Had [USER=1944]Finale Fireworker[/USER] not been a family man, I'd probably have chosen him.

:era

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #51429 on: October 26, 2019, 09:27:44 PM »
User Warned: Trolling

What should the punishment be, for eating meat?

Vegans believe its unethical, evil, and immoral, to eat meat. Hypothetically, in a future where laws have been adopted to reflect your vegan values, what should the punishment be for someone who kills and eats an animal on their property?

Apparently this is trolling, though i dont understand how, as long term consequences of society adopting new ethical views directly relates to the question asked in the OP, but please dont respond to me, the troll. Who would like his account deleted please. Bye Era I love you!

:woooo

Rman

« Reply #51430 on: October 26, 2019, 09:46:25 PM »
Saturday night era is lit

Thank you!

It's irritating that nerd culture is overestimating the intelligence of the movie. I think they want a comic book movie to win an Oscar so that CB movies can finally be taken "seriously."

Then again, I doubt they watch a lot of movies in the first place. Or else, they would no that Joker isn't some meta commentary on the human condition.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/joker-is-a-movie-that-wants-to-have-its-cake-and-eat-it-too-spoilers.149462/

This movie is like the reverse TLJ on ERA.

TLJ was thoroughly mediocre but attracts fans that think it's GodFather 2. Yet they run around with a persecution complex.

Joker is better (not a hard thing with TLJ being so terrible) but the site loves to skewer it at every turn lol, even when the idiotic moral panic narrative fell flat on its face. 

Look at all the failed narratives:

Incel bait: wrong
Opening night mass shootings: wrong
Paying royalties to a pedophile: wrong

Now the current narrative is that it's not high cinema. Well, duh!

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #51431 on: October 26, 2019, 10:08:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/joker-becomes-highest-grossing-r-rated-movie.149232/post-25803564

Quote from: excelsiorlef
Only because R ratings didn't exist back when Gone with the Wind was dominating the box office if you adjust for inflation.

:hulk
Why does she think Gone with the Wind would be an R rated film?

Its MPAA re-release rating in the 1970s was G and its TV rating is PG which is basically the lowest possible ratings a film like it could achieve. It meets almost zero R standards. It might even be difficult for it to get a PG-13.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #51432 on: October 26, 2019, 10:10:54 PM »
the reeee mentality ladies and gents  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #51433 on: October 26, 2019, 10:12:03 PM »
That's not to mention that if it somehow did come back with an R rating they'd recut it. The opposite of which is being done on major motion pictures today because they come back with PG-13's and the studios want R's.

For example, the BvS ULTIMATE CUT they didn't have it re-rated because it wouldn't have gotten an R, it would have gotten a PG-13 just like the theatrical release. Leaving it unrated was the only way to fake that it was more violent. :lol

Rman

« Reply #51434 on: October 26, 2019, 10:14:36 PM »
LOL. Now, they want to bring up inflation. lmao

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #51435 on: October 26, 2019, 10:23:17 PM »
Forced Dark Mode in Chrome is pretty :rejoice

Only side effect is the inverted images. :doge

For Andy-kun,

chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark

Enabled with Simple HSL-based inversion unfucks the Bire emoticons. :doge

:rejoice

Slightly more ugly (since it's this weird blue-grey) Bore at the sake of less bright blue. :rejoice

Edit: Enabled with simple-CIELAB fixes this and makes it even darker. :rejoice
Big bruh moment this is awesome. Header still ugly as fuck tho

benjipwns

« Reply #51436 on: October 26, 2019, 10:30:44 PM »
edit: Speaking of physical copies, I just remembered in my old PC games CD album I have "The Movies", why in the hell hasn't that series been made available digitally yet? Same thing with Mercenaries 2?
Mercenaries 2 is on Origin. EA owns that IP (and bought Pandemic's assets) outright. They've given it away free a few times, even once on purpose.

The Movies was available on Steam* back in the day, it currently is in rights hell like a lot of Lionhead's pre-Microsoft stuff (Black and White) and Activision's published stuff in general. (One reason Bungie demanded the ownership of Destiny...which became more of an immediate issue than either side probably imagined.) I personally think Microsoft could seriously make a bid at digging these out, a few years ago there was a rumor that they had talked to EA about B&W as they had interest in re-using the IP but that didn't seem to go anywhere. Now with their new PC/cross-platform push and pulling up shit like the first Age of Empires they might make another stab at it, I'd hope they get the whole Lionhead catalog.

*I still have it on my Steam wishlist and have left it at the top the whole time. It's the sole reason I ever want to win one of their wishlist giveways to find out what happens.

benjipwns

« Reply #51437 on: October 26, 2019, 10:33:01 PM »
How does a forum as active as ERA just shutdown topics on of the biggest podcasters in the space?
They don't wish to signal boost such a toxic platform with the power of the largest independent video game forum on the internet as measured by traffic.

The same reason with their thread is has run its course BS.
FACT CHECK: https://www.resetera.com/threads/this-thread-has-run-its-course.148587/post-25700083
Quote from: Cerium
This turn of phrase is usually used when a discussion is going in circles and is no longer bringing anything new to the table (except perhaps more bitterness between members), or when a discussion has gone off the rails and degraded to a point where it has become unproductive and ugly.

Unfortunately, threads that reach that point do not always die off on their own. Left untouched, they can simply keep on going around and around. Determining where the line is will always be somewhat subjective, but making that call is an essential part of moderation and I believe the staff is generally good about doing so.

This is what sets a traditional forum format apart from something like Reddit where the "free market" dynamic more frequently prevails.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #51438 on: October 26, 2019, 10:35:52 PM »
That's not to mention that if it somehow did come back with an R rating they'd recut it. The opposite of which is being done on major motion pictures today because they come back with PG-13's and the studios want R's.

For example, the BvS ULTIMATE CUT they didn't have it re-rated because it wouldn't have gotten an R, it would have gotten a PG-13 just like the theatrical release. Leaving it unrated was the only way to fake that it was more violent. :lol

Fact Check:

The Snyder Cut of Justice League is probably NC-17, which is why it's being held up.
©@©™

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #51439 on: October 26, 2019, 10:37:07 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #51440 on: October 26, 2019, 10:40:10 PM »
Fact Check:

(Image removed from quote.)
lol the theatrical rating sounds worse, INTENSE SEQUENCES

i don't think there's actually any added scenes of action in the ultimate cut, maybe the CIA shooting at the start?

benjipwns

« Reply #51441 on: October 26, 2019, 10:41:10 PM »
User banned (3 weeks): inflammatory generalisation, accumulated related infractions
I wasn't aware of that...but if true, why [no forums]? Is there a sensible reason for that??
Probably to save themselves the headache of trying to deal with the rampant racism, sexism, antisemitism, etc. you see in other gaming places like Steam communities and Reddit. Not every store is interested in catering to Nazis.

benjipwns

« Reply #51442 on: October 26, 2019, 10:41:43 PM »
User Warned: Hostility

Era's complete willful ignorance on vaping never fails to amaze me. Some of you are seriously Flat Earther level.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51443 on: October 26, 2019, 10:42:48 PM »
User banned (3 weeks): inflammatory generalisation, accumulated related infractions
I wasn't aware of that...but if true, why [no forums]? Is there a sensible reason for that??
Probably to save themselves the headache of trying to deal with the rampant racism, sexism, antisemitism, etc. you see in other gaming places like Steam communities and Reddit. Not every store is interested in catering to Nazis.

Fact check: Only Nazis use forums.
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #51444 on: October 26, 2019, 10:49:53 PM »
Fact Check:

lol the theatrical rating sounds worse, INTENSE SEQUENCES

i don't think there's actually any added scenes of action in the ultimate cut, maybe the CIA shooting at the start?

I've never even seen the Ultimate Cut, but it sounds like slightly longer takes of the CIA shooting in Africa and the flashback of Bruce's parents getting shot are what got it to a soft R.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #51445 on: October 26, 2019, 11:22:38 PM »
I've never even seen the Ultimate Cut, but it sounds like slightly longer takes of the CIA shooting in Africa and the flashback of Bruce's parents getting shot are what got it to a soft R.
Yeah, most of the Ultimate Cut is actually dialogue and added scenes that clarify out the plot, a huge part of it is Clark and Lois doing real investigating, that's gotta be like 20 of the minutes. The CIA shootout is like the only extended scene of any sort. Also Superman saving people after the bombing is a bit longer.

Like none of the Batman fights or the Doomsday fight are any different or longer that I recall. Maybe the blood in the warehouse fight isn't CGI'd out? It's in the trailer version but not in the theatrical cut, it might be back in the Ultimate Cut. It's still only part of one and a half shots if it is.

That was the funniest part I thought of the Ultimate Cut, they advertised it as a more epic edition and how it was the Snyder MAX version. And all it does is add the why Superman is willing to fight Batman plot* back into the movie. :lol

The Snyder MAX stuff was already in the movie, it's Luthor rambling about Gods and angels and shoving Jolly Ranchers into dude's mouths.

*Clark goes to Gotham to investigate Batman, discovers Bruce has basically become unhinged thanks to Luthor's manipulation in his quest to stop Clark. At the same time, Lois is uncovering Luthor's plot and discovers the manipulation, that's how he captures her. In the theatrical cut it's cause Luthor just goes "LOL, gonna kill Lois and Martha who I grabbed off camera if you don't" and so Supes goes and gets his ass beat.

benjipwns

« Reply #51446 on: October 27, 2019, 12:28:44 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/video-games-are-political-they%E2%80%99re-conservative.149283/
Declaring the products of an enormous capitalist machine somehow free of politics is insidious; trying to strip the influence from topics like these is at best a defense of the status quo, and at worst malignant reactionism. “The process of deciding what is and is not politics is an act of power and an act of politics in its own right,” Wyman, a USC Ph.D. and the creator of the Tides of History podcast, told me. No matter how the themes are handled, these are games about a multinational peacekeeping force (Overwatch), an android uprising in a real city with a real history of racism (Detroit: Become Human), and an actual World War (Battlefield V). Outer Worlds is centered around narrative-controlling megacorporations taking over the galaxy. The Division 2 and Ghost Recon Breakpoint involve speculative warfare in the Tom Clancy extended universe — the conservative version of The West Wing, as Wyman joked — including the sequel to a game that caused the Bolivian government to file a formal complaint with the French embassy. They are, obviously, political.
Games lack the depths of two-party ideology, and are in general very one-dimensional in their cause, "kill the bad guy who is probably almost a tyrant and has a slave army, and kiss your loved ones goodnight, to sleep or laid to rest".

Games are democracy-based, not conservative based.
Silicon Valley is extreme right/alt-right. Only stands to reason that the US AAA game development scene largely follows suit.
Quote from: BDS
Most mainstream media is inherently conservative because capitalism requires that it reinforce existing status quos and power structures.
Reminded me of this Jimquisition:
I always loved this one. It was really well done.

The Political Agenda of Dark Souls (The Jimquisition)
I haven't played Three Houses, but epic fantasy stories in general tends to lean conservative if the writers aren't careful. They often to have monarchist themes (e.g. the prince/chosen one is going to restore peace by reclaiming his rightful throne), are pro military, and have racist undertones (orcs as an race of evil subhumans). You can have a story with positive depictions of women and minorities while the structure of the story itself is still conservative.
Goose game is liberal af.
Liberal? No.
So we are consuming conservative propaganda?
The developers, publishers and marketing all cultivated their conservative and thirsty audience over decades and now given their shareholders and angry alt-right GG mobs, the most devs, have lost their spines. And this is even before we get to the usual nationalistic, jingoistic fuckery.
Quote from: Messofanego
Yup, catering to sexists and misogynists along with other regressive ideals, no wonder where we are now.
It's worse than that, they're also deeply reactionary.
I think FF is definitely left leaning. Your party is always made of progressives who are at the forefront of societal revolution. They break new , untested grounds socially, this is especially true for FFX.

The only FF thats conservative is probably FFXV, where the solution was to go back to pre-established conventions and fulfil old prophecies as decreed upon the protagonist.

This is the overall direction of the series, I feel.
This seems to be INCREDIBLE AAA Western slanted, as if those are the only video games that exist
Youre right, Japanese games are a lot of times so much worse.
This is mostly true, but there are limitations. For example, FFXIV is generally quite pro-capitalistic. The late 4.X subplot involving the political debate behind Ul'dah sending financial aid to Ala Mihgo is a good example. There, pure charity was portrayed as naive and impossible, and aid had to be framed as investments that would enrich Ul'dah (and its wealthy power brokers). The gradual de-emphasis of Lolorito as a regional villain plays into this. Neoliberal politics of exploiting vulnerable people for the gain of wealthy elites is simply portrayed as normal and necessary, something to accept and use to your advantage rather than fight against.

Of course, part of this is due to 1.0 and 2.0 failing to tell proper stories about the struggles to reform the serious ills of the three main city-states, such as the oppressive stealing of land and resources from the native beastmen, severe racism against certain miqo'te and Duskwight elezen, and wealth inequality in Ul'dah. They seemed to want to tell these in 1.0, but ultimately they chose to focus on fighting gods and empires and let those flaws be normalized.

As a contrast, Nintendo and Monolithsoft's Xenoblade X is uncompromisingly clear in having progressive political themes. That game is entirely about a strong pro-immigration, pro-multiculturalism message. It is a game where the immigration of new groups (using the word immigration for it no less) is a massive positive for both story and gameplay, and helping avoid conflict, protecting the vulnerable, fighting prejudice, and learning more about new peoples are all really big parts of the narrative.
Quote from: Slayven
The industry isn't mature enough do such introspection
Everyone's played Disco Elysium by now, right?
I've seen many say the game doesn't make a statement itself but considering where the studio is based, it can't get any more political.

Nintendo titles are pretty apolitical usually. And they pay their employees pretty well and offer good benefits afaik for a Japanese Dev. So I won’t be guilted into feeling like I’m supporting some conservative corporate machine any more than someone who watches movies or buys books for entertainment.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #51447 on: October 27, 2019, 12:53:42 AM »

For Andy-kun,

Slightly more ugly (since it's this weird blue-grey) Bore at the sake of less bright blue. :rejoice

Another problem I found is that if you have Dark Theme's on sites that have them enabled (like Reddit), it'll invert those into light/bright white. Which kinda throws the entire thing out of wack. It was just introduced to Chrome (found out about it in a tech article along with a flag to enable their password checks/haveibeenpwn'd clone) in 78, so I can't complain too loudly, but being able to blanket black all sites would be nice.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 01:22:31 AM by thisismyusername »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #51448 on: October 27, 2019, 12:54:41 AM »
每天生气

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #51449 on: October 27, 2019, 01:23:06 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/youre-stuck-on-an-island-and-can-only-take-one-era-member-with-you.149491/

If this stays open I expect some juicy metacommentary :delicious

Big ups to Red Mercury and Excel for not thread-bombing and begging for likes.  Good job, big guys!
 :wow

Black people: We built this country.

Literalist contrarian: Actually, the country was built by shifting tectonic forces over the course of billions of years until European colonization seized the land from the indigenous residents, fought a war with Britain, and declared independence in 1776.

TOURISTS ARE TAKING PHOTOS IN A PUBLIC SPACE

LOL, why is Nepenthe a mod?
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #51450 on: October 27, 2019, 01:40:12 AM »
Representation

spoiler (click to show/hide)
of Blizzard fans, furries
[close]

jorma

« Reply #51451 on: October 27, 2019, 01:56:17 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/youre-stuck-on-an-island-and-can-only-take-one-era-member-with-you.149491/

If this stays open I expect some juicy metacommentary :delicious

Big ups to Red Mercury and Excel for not thread-bombing and begging for likes.  Good job, big guys!
 :wow

Black people: We built this country.

Literalist contrarian: Actually, the country was built by shifting tectonic forces over the course of billions of years until European colonization seized the land from the indigenous residents, fought a war with Britain, and declared independence in 1776.

TOURISTS ARE TAKING PHOTOS IN A PUBLIC SPACE

honestly, i think it would be a really bad look for ree if they choose a white guy to represent the virulently racist demographic

Bore Expert

« Reply #51452 on: October 27, 2019, 02:48:47 AM »
I wish nepenthe would quit protecting staircases and get back to killing white babies. Way more entertaining

benjipwns

« Reply #51453 on: October 27, 2019, 02:54:48 AM »
why are we not talking about how those staircases and that neighboorhood were built on land stolen from Native Americans? possibly even ones that were in some way theoretically harmed by Spainards

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #51454 on: October 27, 2019, 03:56:42 AM »
God, I wish there was a way to dress up as the staircases for Halloween.   

Actually, I wish my coworkers and anyone who isn't on Era or is Nepenthe, Excel, or Crossing Eden gave 1/8th a fart and knew what the costume was about.   

seconds later
 :brain :brain :brain
Wait, no I don't want that.
sigh

Bore Expert

« Reply #51455 on: October 27, 2019, 04:10:06 AM »
Have they brought up the fact that Joker director was friends with GG Allin yet? They need a new outrage angle and that would be right up their alley .

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #51456 on: October 27, 2019, 04:16:55 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-exactly-are-antis-when-it-comes-to-shipping-and-what-is-their-link-to-tumblr.149512/

Quote from: BDS, post: 25835464, member: 2997
Oh man you had to post this right before I went to bed huh

Anyway this was the description I posted in that thread last week:

Quote from: BDS, defender of incest and teen/adult relationships
I won't go into extreme detail since this was supposed to be the subject of a thread I intended to write but basically...

An antishipper, or "anti," is a person who is viciously and vigorously opposed to the depiction and promotion of a fictional relationship on the grounds that it supports and promotes real-world moral values that are dangerous to society. The most common ships targeted by antis are those involving sibling incest, teenagers and adults, or anything perceived as "abusive" (female hero/male villain ships, etc), but they have a habit of targeting even ordinary, consenting adult relationships through warped logic and puritanical sexual values. They go a step further than traditional "ship wars" in that instead of just disliking a ship, they actively attempt to have it erased from existence, supporting the banning of all fanart, fanfiction, and discussion around the ship because it might corrupt or demoralize society and the people viewing it. Antis skew young and are often associated with the burgeoning Generation Z fandoms, people in their teens and early 20s, who have a very different perspective on sexuality and authoritarianism than their older peers do. Because antis lack the moderation ability to actually ban the content they don't like on platforms like Twitter and Tumblr, they are forced to resort to harassment, doxxing, and stalking to silence people. If you've heard of any "crazy shipper" incidents in the last 4-5 years, there's about a 90% chance an anti group was involved.

tl;dr antis are kids who mix complex IRL social justice politics that they don't fully understand with black-and-white fictional character relationships to justify the harassment and abuse of real-life people for the fictional ships they like.

:jared

Quote from: brinstar, post: 25835643, member: 393
nailed it

Did he though?

benjipwns

« Reply #51457 on: October 27, 2019, 04:24:59 AM »
Tumblr and Twitter are unmoderated websites. They force you to interact with content you don't like and if you feel it's unethical or immoral, there's nothing you can do about it.

Averon

« Reply #51458 on: October 27, 2019, 06:09:24 AM »
Tumblr and Twitter are unmoderated websites. They force you to interact with content you don't like and if you feel it's unethical or immoral, there's nothing you can do about it.

That sounds like an excuse Amir0X would make after being caught red handed.  :lol

PogiJones

« Reply #51459 on: October 27, 2019, 06:27:56 AM »

For Andy-kun,

Another problem I found is that if you have Dark Theme's on sites that have them enabled (like Reddit), it'll invert those into light/bright white. Which kinda throws the entire thing out of wack. It was just introduced to Chrome (found out about it in a tech article along with a flag to enable their password checks/haveibeenpwn'd clone) in 78, so I can't complain too loudly, but being able to blanket black all sites would be nice.

Bro, this is way easier and has hotkeys and remembers per-site whether you want dark mode enabled:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh

It also does smart invert, where it very reliably doesn't invert pictures.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #51460 on: October 27, 2019, 06:34:36 AM »

That sounds like an excuse Amir0X would make after being caught red handed.  :lol

It’s better than the excuse he actually used

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #51461 on: October 27, 2019, 06:45:48 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/would-you-kill-disney-for-a-guaranteed-24-an-hour-minimum-wage-for-everyone-in-the-us.149463/

Quote from: Durden, post: 25829159, member: 3637
So if the Matrix creator dude came up to you right now, and said....

“You can murder Disney. What you have to do is take this fictional, humanoid mouse, and you have to murder it. This mouse is not an actual real world being, and killing it will not cause you direct consequence in any way, but it will halt all Disney productions for at least 20 years. And also you will have to see it struggle and stuff. Think South Park’s Mickey.”

Only for US members considering it directly effects them, what’s your answer.?

I would beat the shit out of the mouse, with a bat if possible upon request.

:what
Margs

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #51462 on: October 27, 2019, 07:11:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/which-video-game-moments-made-you-cry-like-a-little-girl.149544/

Quote from: Marco_Tovarich, post: 25841375, member: 15372
“Like a little girl”? What the fuck is this title? Can it be edited to be less sexist?

Personally, the ending of The Last Guardian is the most emotional I remember being playing a game.
Quote from: Angie22, post: 25841428, member: 33833
"... like a little girl?"

Ok then...
Quote from: Messofanego, post: 25841444, member: 1159
Do little boys cry differently from little girls to the point that men refer to little girls rather than boys as a point of reference, [USER=46638]RevengeTaken[/USER]? Or just sexist phrases as shorthand?
🤔

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.independent.co.uk/news/telling-boys-they-are-crying-like-a-girl-could-cause-mental-health-problems-in-later-life-says-a6677306.html[/URL]
Quote from: DarknessTear, post: 25841459, member: 718
I knew what would happen as soon as I saw that title. Whew. Should probably get that title fixed, OP.
Quote from: RevengeTaken, post: 25841530, member: 46638
You guys just read too much into it. just follow the topic! 8-)
Quote from: Messofanego, post: 25841550, member: 1159
Like there is a reason why saying to males "crying like a little girl" became a thing and it wasn't for innocent reasons. No surprise males grown up with such messaging where only girls are allowed to show emotion tend to bottle their emotions and turn to self-destructive behaviour or have negative biases against women in their adult years.
Quote from: takriel, post: 25841556, member: 2227
Why not cry like a little boy OP?

:social :rejoice :social2
Margs

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #51463 on: October 27, 2019, 07:12:46 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/which-video-game-moments-made-you-cry-like-a-little-girl.149544/

“Like a little girl”? What the fuck is this title? Can it be edited to be less sexist?
Seconded.
"... like a little girl?"

Ok then...
Dragon Quest XI got me teary eyed, but I have become very softy since we had the baby.

Edit: That tittle...
Do little boys cry differently from little girls to the point that men refer to little girls rather than boys as a point of reference, RevengeTaken? Or just sexist phrases as shorthand?
🤔

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/telling-boys-they-are-crying-like-a-girl-could-cause-mental-health-problems-in-later-life-says-a6677306.html
Like there is a reason why saying to males "crying like a little girl" became a thing and it wasn't for innocent reasons. No surprise males grown up with such messaging where only girls are allowed to show emotion tend to bottle their emotions and turn to self-destructive behaviour or have negative biases against women in their adult years.
Why not cry like a little boy OP?
What's there to read into?

Why don't you explain instead why you specifically chose little girls over little kids? Maybe it's just the usual toxic masculinity that, whether you intentional aimed at using that or not, is still just that?

Edit: beaten like a little boy

benjipwns

« Reply #51464 on: October 27, 2019, 07:17:08 AM »

benita

« Reply #51465 on: October 27, 2019, 07:27:53 AM »
Good god those little prissy bitches.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #51466 on: October 27, 2019, 07:40:58 AM »

For Andy-kun,

Bro, this is way easier and has hotkeys and remembers per-site whether you want dark mode enabled:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh

It also does smart invert, where it very reliably doesn't invert pictures.

Sure, but that's not built into the browser. :wag :wag :wag

benjipwns

« Reply #51467 on: October 27, 2019, 07:43:59 AM »
Doubling down on a misogynistic thread title in such a childish way doesn't make you look as cool as you think it does, just makes you look like a misogynistic asshole.
oh okay :fbm

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #51468 on: October 27, 2019, 08:13:13 AM »
I mean yes. I too would refrain from using the phrase "crying like little girl" other than in jest, but cmon. Not like the initial post was trying to dig the knife in. Stupid phrase, sure. Necessary dog pile?  ::)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #51469 on: October 27, 2019, 08:15:19 AM »
my bad, guys; what vidya made you cry like a female?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #51470 on: October 27, 2019, 08:15:41 AM »
I mean yes. I too would refrain from using the phrase "crying like little girl" other than in jest, but cmon. Not like the initial post was trying to dig the knife in. Stupid phrase, sure. Necessary dog pile?  ::)

You need to draw a line in the sand and stomp it with a jack boot immediately because next thing you know incels will rise up people will be incited to take photos of a public place.
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #51471 on: October 27, 2019, 08:20:29 AM »
are we going to continue playing like any and all negativity surrounding the film and its cultural impact is the result of outrage and overreaction?

I dunno, are you going to contribute a viewpoint that isn't?
Maybe actually watching this evil incel manifesto you've read so much about would be a start?

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #51472 on: October 27, 2019, 08:20:58 AM »
my bad, guys; what vidya made you cry like a female?

I'm pretty sure that title would garner the most mod reports for this past half year  :lol

And yeah in that case I would assume it was just a bad troll.

benjipwns

« Reply #51473 on: October 27, 2019, 08:46:16 AM »
MOD ADMIRAL STATEMENT RELEASED FOR PUBLICATION:

I am proud to announce that after two weeks of deliberation the staff has determined Bronx-Man's ban length to be three weeks.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/october-wrasslin-ot-slow-news-month.144363/post-25405005
User Banned (3 Weeks): Racist joke and trolling; prior bans for similar behavior

I thank you all for your patience during deliberations as the amount of evidence entered into the record in this case was one of the largest that the Mod Captains have ever examined. Every piece had to be applied and challenged by both counsel for the prosecution and the defense as per Staff regulations. The Canadian national election as well as the constant attacks by GamerGate did not make this an easy nor quick process. But I continue to be honored that the Staff did not waver and reach a hasty conclusion but instead followed the process through and formally applied each step as written in the guidebook by the late SweetNicole.

As the Staff is now freed from this intense process, you can expect quicker reaction and processing of reports as they are made as well as continued truth being spoken to white power as represented by Joker film fans such as Martin Scorscese, director of Blue Streak and Oliver Welles, director of Birth of a Nation.

END TRANSMISSION AS IT HAS RUN ITS COURSE

tuna_love

« Reply #51474 on: October 27, 2019, 09:02:00 AM »
 :salute

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #51476 on: October 27, 2019, 09:47:23 AM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #51477 on: October 27, 2019, 09:48:22 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-live-in-a-society-prove-me-wrong.149545/page-2

oh, cute.
Incelchief made a friend.

look at the fun they have.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #51478 on: October 27, 2019, 10:46:51 AM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51479 on: October 27, 2019, 11:22:15 AM »
Has ResetEra jumped to the defense of Baghdadi yet?
🤴