Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3796177 times)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #55380 on: November 18, 2019, 01:50:27 PM »
:jeb Cream Forum save us :jeb
Margs

ShutUp

« Reply #55381 on: November 18, 2019, 02:05:10 PM »
Cerium really finding out what happens when you let the inmates not only run the asylum but the entire island. Should've put his foot down from day one and treated every member equally.

And the audacity of those in that trans thread to be talking like they aren't the most protected members on the site. OH NO one of the Protected Members got their hand slapped for shit talking the mods. Now you guys know how the rest of the site feels. Boo fucking hoo.

ShutUp

« Reply #55382 on: November 18, 2019, 02:09:26 PM »
It's hilarious that the stickied trans thread is now about shitting on the mods and they keep whining about how they don't feel protected  :lol

I recall the days on GAF when the mods closed down the NBA community entirely for awhile. If only the ERA mods at the balls to do the same here. Just openly letting posters shit on moderation and get away with it is such a pathetic look.

It's sad we all know this will just end with Kit Kat being unbanned and moderation apologizing profusely for such a terrible mistake.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #55383 on: November 18, 2019, 02:19:49 PM »
As for Ket I personally look up to her as kind of de-facto leader/voice of the community and as I have stated I am truly bothered by this but I didn’t even think about it until reading the posts because it’s not one of my issues and I am not part of that community but I didn’t even realize until this and looking into it that she could also be considered a leader/voice for the mental health community and I worry about how this affects them and their stability now.

Even if it comes with heavy caveats about the behind the scenes stuff going forward she really needs to be unbanned/allowed back, no exceptions.

Too big to fail be banned

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55384 on: November 18, 2019, 02:20:46 PM »
I mean... in fairness, evilore is such a thin skinned lil bish nobody was ever really safe

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55385 on: November 18, 2019, 02:22:41 PM »
Ket...  could also be considered a leader/voice for the mental health community

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #55389 on: November 18, 2019, 02:45:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/every-single-fast-food-restaurant-can-learn-from-chik-fil-a-in-regards-to-service.153828/page-2

you're allowed to occasionally eat at the problematic chicken restaurant and still be a good person

If you eat at CFA, you're a piece of shit. Full stop.

:badass
Oi Oi

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #55390 on: November 18, 2019, 02:48:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/every-single-fast-food-restaurant-can-learn-from-chik-fil-a-in-regards-to-service.153828/page-2

you're allowed to occasionally eat at the problematic chicken restaurant and still be a good person

If you eat at CFA, you're a piece of shit. Full stop.

:badass

yeah I had friends (who called themselves Allies) who ate there. Emphasis on had, and I sure as shit don't miss them
https://www.resetera.com/threads/every-single-fast-food-restaurant-can-learn-from-chik-fil-a-in-regards-to-service.153828/post-26584631

Sweeney has to be a troll

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #55391 on: November 18, 2019, 02:50:28 PM »
sweeney watched/watches wwe. all you really need to know.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #55392 on: November 18, 2019, 02:51:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/breath-of-the-wild-was-ruined-for-me-by-dlc.153769/

Quote from: sueil, post: 26574529, member: 35358
I was really enjoying BOTW until the first DLC came out with the Trial of the Sword. Once it came out I needed to put aside everything else in the game aside to finish the DLC and get the super powered Master Sword.  However I'm not good enough at the game and haven't been able to finish the third trial and get the fully upgraded sword. No matter how much I try I fail pretty early on in the third trial. I cannot find it within myself to keep going and actually play the rest of the game because I feel like I am missing out. This is a huge bummer for me. I had even spent probably 300-400 dollars buying all the Zelda Amiibo at inflated prices due to them being out of print because I didn't want to miss any items. Anyone else ever had something like this happen to them?

:rofl :nintendo :rofl

I mean, who could have predicted an anime avatar here?
Spud

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

benjipwns

« Reply #55394 on: November 18, 2019, 03:02:51 PM »
Mod Edit: Do not post Grace Randolph content

:confused

who is this person, why is their content banned, and if their content is banned why is there nothing anywhere stating that their content is banned?

Maybe Resetera should finally create that list of banned contents/people that totally doesn't exist.
No, this is way better:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/limited-run-games-ot-sweet-xoxo-for-digital-to-physical-media.1507/post-25082271
guess i'm going to be buying a Switch game
[Mod Edit: Removed twitter link featuring a prohibited game]
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
Quick reminder that Mary Skelter 2 is on the list of prohibited games, per our FAQ. Please avoid discussing this game. If you have further questions, contact a mod captain. Thank you.
Perhaps I misunderstood this.

I understand discussion of the game content is forbidden. It's also forbidden to even discuss the mechanics of the release or similar?
The Ban list is weird? What makes a certain mobile game get put on the list but FGO okay?
I don't think any of us were even planning on talking about it past an "hey this got announced". It wasn't a new topic, which usually catches attention and creates discussion. Guess banned is "don't acknowledge its existance, period"...
Not to question the moderation but the part I find peculiar is that discussion of games with offensive content is problematic, but there is an endless stream of daily news cycle copy/paste to the forum on a regular basis. Those are often more offensive them at least some games on the list, but get discussed endlessly.

It doesn't much matter because I don't care for most of the games, just something I was thinking.

But yeah I would have assumed "launch for game x is coming up" would be ok, rather than a pretend it does't exist thing.
Which is honestly a bit horseshit if that's the case. LRG is likely going to be doing more IFI releases, many of which would likely fall under the "banned game" category now if they weren't the nichest of niche titles that don't even get mentioned in threads beyond name dropping them. It's understandable that discussion of the content itself is banned, especially for the majority of games on the list, but if mentioning the existence of something is banned, then you may as well just shut this thread and several others down already.
It is a little odd that even mentioning the game is forbidden, especially in a topic like this.

Do you have to blur them out whenever you make a picture of newly obtained games? I mean, I have already imported a game that is forbidden according to that list.
no, there was no further mod post

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55395 on: November 18, 2019, 03:06:34 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #55396 on: November 18, 2019, 03:07:08 PM »
Quote from: CharGP02A, post: 26583437, member: 34201
Wow, now I feel less safe here. That's not something I expected on trans awareness week but I'm not surprised. Thanks for catching me up folks.

:supergay pls no dox, benji :supergay
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 03:10:34 PM by Joe Molotov »

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #55397 on: November 18, 2019, 03:07:11 PM »
Ketkat's ban reason constantly being changed is fucking pathetic. Just shows you that someone wanted to ban her no matter what and is trying to find a reason to justify it.

:teehee

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #55398 on: November 18, 2019, 03:09:14 PM »
Quote from: CharGP02A, post: 26583437, member: 34201
Wow, now I feel less safe here. That's not something I expected on trans awareness week but I'm not surprised. Thanks for catching me up folks.

:notlikethis
©@©™

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #55399 on: November 18, 2019, 03:10:13 PM »
Don’t dox, benji. Keep vaguely classy.
serge

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55400 on: November 18, 2019, 03:10:19 PM »

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #55401 on: November 18, 2019, 03:11:19 PM »
Likewise, I run a wee bitty server on Discord, and no one can sort out this fuckery.

Era has quickly become a "fall in line" mentality dressed up to look progressive, but anyone can put lipstick on a pig. They have the audacity to ban her in a thread about trans people being trampled, then slap up the awareness week thread. Nice.

How did the T’s miss this incredibly problematic metaphor?  :lol

BIONIC

« Reply #55402 on: November 18, 2019, 03:12:08 PM »
Saw the dox before the edit :rejoice
Margs

BisMarckie

« Reply #55403 on: November 18, 2019, 03:13:31 PM »
Is it really doxxing when you can just google the username they apparently use on every site on the internet? :thinking

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #55404 on: November 18, 2019, 03:14:30 PM »
Bless you benj.
serge

benjipwns

« Reply #55405 on: November 18, 2019, 03:16:08 PM »
Joe Molotov is not THE B A D D E S T of bitches

Tuckers Law

« Reply #55406 on: November 18, 2019, 03:18:23 PM »
That change to KetKats ban message :lol were they trying to fan the flames with the resetera trans-mafia?

User banned (duration pending): Violating a safe space for minority staff members

benjipwns

« Reply #55407 on: November 18, 2019, 03:18:43 PM »
Is it really doxxing when you can just google the username they apparently use on every site on the internet? :thinking
HEY, NO SHARING TRADE SECRETS

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #55408 on: November 18, 2019, 03:19:42 PM »
damn das a big bitch

BisMarckie

« Reply #55409 on: November 18, 2019, 03:21:38 PM »
HEY, NO SHARING TRADE SECRETS

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/bismarckie/

I am confused.

thetylerrob

« Reply #55410 on: November 18, 2019, 03:23:42 PM »
It's been a good couple days for ree drama  :mynicca

But can we stop fellating Richard Lewis for being "so brave?" That dude is more fragile than any of the places he called out; dude has tweet alerts setup for when someone tweets about him. 100% bitch made

BisMarckie

« Reply #55411 on: November 18, 2019, 03:26:45 PM »
Not liking posts is a violation of the Bire safe space. :ufup

Tuckers Law

« Reply #55412 on: November 18, 2019, 03:31:01 PM »
Ketkat's ban reason constantly being changed is fucking pathetic. Just shows you that someone wanted to ban her no matter what and is trying to find a reason to justify it.

:teehee

I’m shocked at the thought that KetKat’s forum conduct would have drawn the ire of some mod.  Absolutely baffled.  Sideswiped and bewildered.

:huh

benjipwns

« Reply #55413 on: November 18, 2019, 03:31:51 PM »
I don't think we're focusing enough on the fact that the regular moderator channel is so toxic and filled with bigotry that they had to create a safe space for the minority moderators.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #55414 on: November 18, 2019, 03:35:11 PM »
special counsel NOW
每天生气

Tuckers Law

« Reply #55415 on: November 18, 2019, 03:36:20 PM »
So umm, let me get this straight:

Reading the posting rulebook (exclusive to admins) is a violation of a minority safe space?

:neogaf

Reality is probably that Royalan was in this safe space discord (lol) defending Queen Hillary’s recent comments regarding trans women, and discourse being what it is with that crowd these days, something he previously said maybe years ago was dragged up to paint him as a nazi-sympathizer.

Whatever KetKats involvement, her post referencing said incident bruises Royalans incredibly thin skin, events continue to unfold from there as we have seen.

That’s my head-canon for this now.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55416 on: November 18, 2019, 03:39:37 PM »
I just assumed someone said something like "so how exactly is an asexual virgin not just a volcel?" :idont

benjipwns

« Reply #55417 on: November 18, 2019, 03:45:44 PM »
they mentioned that said moderator has problematic posts dating back to NeoGAF.com

ResetBanBot

« Reply #55418 on: November 18, 2019, 03:48:21 PM »
The mods are powerless to do anything. They're basically just regular members. They're never treated with special privileges, or do favors for other prominent just-like-anyone-else members.

Everyone just needs to stop asking questions. If you have a problem with moderation you should just PM the mods, who are again, just regular members with no power.

BisMarckie

« Reply #55419 on: November 18, 2019, 03:51:48 PM »
they mentioned that said moderator has problematic posts dating back to NeoGAF.com

They are finally on to that kristoffer guy, huh?

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #55420 on: November 18, 2019, 03:54:26 PM »
Time to make GetGat a mod, its the only way.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #55421 on: November 18, 2019, 03:57:47 PM »
bruh I bet the real truth is some mod questioned the validity of some real fringe shit like "ace-gender" or "demi-nurgles", calling it some "weird wypipo shit".

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #55422 on: November 18, 2019, 04:01:01 PM »
I'm 100% sure whatever was said in the discord will end up being something hilariously soft.

Was the trans clique this annoying and hysterical on gaf? I swear they weren't but  :yeshrug
(ice)

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #55423 on: November 18, 2019, 04:02:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/report-chick-fil-a-to-stop-donations-to-charities-with-anti-lgbt-views.153796/

You figure that would be good news for Era but the entire thread is just  :notlikethis :shaking :existential

God forbid they have a moment of happiness.
sigh

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #55424 on: November 18, 2019, 04:06:19 PM »
This is your reminder that not one of those cowards joined the #free.cream crusade.

Cream was the first trans member the moderators silenced and none of them stood up to block it.

It reminds me of the class saying...

First they came for Cream, and I didn't say anything, because Cream was annoying...
:O

benjipwns

« Reply #55425 on: November 18, 2019, 04:08:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/richard-lewis-calls-out-polygon-waypoint-and-kotaku-live-on-stage-during-speech-esports-awards-2019.153595/post-26571432
User warned: ableist slur

I'm really not trying to pick a flame war here, but does this cancel whatever the other poster says this person did? Reporting on eSport's athletes not getting paid and corruption within the scene seems important inside a environment that can have these players be as vulnerable as they are.

Then again, I'm just going by what has been said. If he's a fucktard then so be it but if he did something to earn this award, that's relevant too.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55426 on: November 18, 2019, 04:18:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/richard-lewis-calls-out-polygon-waypoint-and-kotaku-live-on-stage-during-speech-esports-awards-2019.153595/post-26571432
User warned: ableist slur

I'm really not trying to pick a flame war here, but does this cancel whatever the other poster says this person did? Reporting on eSport's athletes not getting paid and corruption within the scene seems important inside a environment that can have these players be as vulnerable as they are.

Then again, I'm just going by what has been said. If he's a fucktard then so be it but if he did something to earn this award, that's relevant too.

ableist to... fucktards? :confused

Tuckers Law

« Reply #55427 on: November 18, 2019, 04:21:48 PM »
I knew the moment I saw that warning, mods laying down a history of history for the incoming permaban.

BIONIC

« Reply #55428 on: November 18, 2019, 04:24:42 PM »
Are you guys really questioning the banning of a variation of "tard" on Resetera?

riotardous :PP
Margs

Tuckers Law

« Reply #55429 on: November 18, 2019, 04:24:54 PM »
People should start saying “tardy” instead of “late” wherever relevant in their posts, then watch chaos unfold.  Slayven alone would probably ban dozens before someone points out that he needs remedial English classes.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #55430 on: November 18, 2019, 04:27:15 PM »
fuckdistinguished mentally-challenged fellow
©@©™

james

« Reply #55431 on: November 18, 2019, 04:29:55 PM »
ban Bork for banning r-tard then ban riotous for going around the word filter and then ban James because he should be doing work and not posting here

BisMarckie

« Reply #55432 on: November 18, 2019, 04:30:20 PM »
User Warned: Cisplaining

Cisplaining now in the mod lexicon. Ketkat did not die for nothing :jeb

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #55433 on: November 18, 2019, 04:31:38 PM »
Thread: "So just how distinguished mentally-challenged is Google stadia?"

I've heard a lot about the controller input being distinguished mentally-challenged but is it all that noticeable?

Tuckers Law

« Reply #55434 on: November 18, 2019, 04:34:29 PM »
You beat me to the fire retardant joke.  :ltg

james

« Reply #55435 on: November 18, 2019, 04:35:12 PM »
Youve all been borked

benjipwns

« Reply #55436 on: November 18, 2019, 04:37:06 PM »
they banned a dude for ableist slur for calling Trump something recently then revoked it, but I don't remember the word now

BisMarckie

« Reply #55437 on: November 18, 2019, 04:38:00 PM »
they banned a dude for ableist slur for calling Trump something recently then revoked it, but I don't remember the word now

Benji, you are getting old, you are quite the dotard.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #55438 on: November 18, 2019, 04:38:54 PM »
The rest of the world is having fun with #ChickFilA and making fun of the christians saying they will never eat the super-gay chicken anymore and Era is just being all

sigh

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #55439 on: November 18, 2019, 04:39:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/alan-moores-opinions-on-comic-books-comic-book-movies-is-certaintly-intresting.153827/post-26584242

Just a reminder that superheroes comics/movies aren't an entire medium, they're a genre (with sub-genres) within a medium. :)
:expert
Spud