Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3798025 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #55440 on: November 18, 2019, 04:41:06 PM »
they banned a dude for ableist slur for calling Trump something recently then revoked it, but I don't remember the word now

Benji, you are getting old, you are quite the dotard.
thanks for explaining the joke (yes, i totally had it planned as a joke the entire time, what is that skeptical look for?)

Propagandhim

« Reply #55441 on: November 18, 2019, 05:13:50 PM »
Not eating chicken because they donate to anti-gay charity.

:ohyeah

Not eating chicken because it promotes the horrifically cruel meat industry.

:curious

"Are you suggesting I shan't participate in society?? Curious!"

(sorry, vegan food thread died and now I have to subject you to my posturing)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 05:20:49 PM by Propagandhim »

ShutUp

« Reply #55442 on: November 18, 2019, 05:19:56 PM »
User Warned: Cisplaining

Cisplaining now in the mod lexicon. Ketkat did not die for nothing :jeb

This is an actual warning on ERA, holy shit  :dead

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #55443 on: November 18, 2019, 05:21:56 PM »
According to Think Progress, the Salvation Army is an anti-gay hate group because it “at the time of the donations [from Chik-Fil-A] had a written policy of merely complying with local ‘relevant employment laws’” which “since changed to indicate a national policy of non-discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.”

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #55444 on: November 18, 2019, 05:26:05 PM »
I fucked it up quite distinguishededly tho
hoisted by your own pe-distinguished mentally-challenged fellow
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #55445 on: November 18, 2019, 05:27:22 PM »
McDonalds and other big chain low-tier fast food are all in the "desperation food" category; You only go to those places if you're starving and too far away from anywhere decent.

Then you regret your decision the next morning.
Imagine how empty your life is when you're regretting fast food next morning.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #55446 on: November 18, 2019, 05:28:29 PM »
McDonalds and other big chain low-tier fast food are all in the "desperation food" category; You only go to those places if you're starving and too far away from anywhere decent.

You'd feel empty too if you had to take out a 7 year loan for a Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese.

shosta

« Reply #55447 on: November 18, 2019, 05:29:40 PM »
I had a quarter pounder and half a big mac last night. Rather than regret the decision, I ate the other half this morning for breakfast. :rejoice
每天生气

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #55448 on: November 18, 2019, 05:33:04 PM »
who saved that resetera pic of a fridge full of mcdonalds?

benjipwns

« Reply #55449 on: November 18, 2019, 05:35:07 PM »

These people are not going to survive when we actually do get to the final stage of capitalism.

benjipwns

« Reply #55450 on: November 18, 2019, 05:36:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-am-posting-this-thread-everyday-until-someones-listens-make-kotor-3-you-cowards.153771/
Thread making privileges suspended: History of creating low-effort threads

DO IT

JUST FUCKING DO IT

BisMarckie

« Reply #55451 on: November 18, 2019, 05:48:32 PM »
I had a quarter pounder and half a big mac last night. Rather than regret the decision, I ate the other half this morning for breakfast. :rejoice

When I was in college I had a coupon to buy the basic ass cheeseburgers from Burger King for 50 cents. Bought like 15 of them and that was everything I ate for 3 days.

Needless to say: I haven‘t had one since. :notlikethis

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #55452 on: November 18, 2019, 05:51:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-am-posting-this-thread-everyday-until-someones-listens-make-kotor-3-you-cowards.153771/

DO IT

JUST FUCKING DO IT

This is moderation I can get behind.
serge

BikeJesus

« Reply #55453 on: November 18, 2019, 05:52:52 PM »
So many stanning for ket in the trans thread, but the last time they posted in that thread was over 6 months ago. They only ever shit up other threads. They are a blight on the forum and provide zero positive input.

benjipwns

« Reply #55454 on: November 18, 2019, 05:54:43 PM »
Sorry, one of the P I L L A R S of the B A D D E S T community. Especially all the Mental Health expertise they provide.

Propagandhim

« Reply #55455 on: November 18, 2019, 05:56:56 PM »
I wish I felt safe on this forum.  Because I don't.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #55456 on: November 18, 2019, 06:01:56 PM »

When I was in college I had a coupon to buy the basic ass cheeseburgers from Burger King for 50 cents. Bought like 15 of them and that was everything I ate for 3 days.

Needless to say: I haven‘t had one since. :notlikethis

In college I would get as many coupon books as possible and buy Del Taco Double Del Burgers for like 99 cents.  Way better than the Five Guys across the street.  That Del Taco was like 60 feet from my apt.  It's dangerous for your health when you suddenly want nachos at 11:00 pm and realize you have the ability to get them. 

who saved that resetera pic of a fridge full of mcdonalds?

Double Cheeseburger. I have a freezer drawer for surplus when I buy too many but they don’t stay in there for long. Nuke ‘em in the microwave and job’s a goodun.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-is-your-absolute-favorite-fast-food-item.102409/post-18387218

He freezes them   :yuck  :yuck :yuck

What does he mean "buy too many?"  Maybe he has tremors and order on a APP?  That will be my excuse from now on, "I uh, bought too much gin so I had to get rid of it." 
sigh

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #55457 on: November 18, 2019, 06:03:44 PM »
Nice bag of tendies  :rash
(ice)

benjipwns

« Reply #55458 on: November 18, 2019, 06:05:47 PM »
I wish I felt safe on this forum.  Because I don't.
FORUMS ARE ABOUT LIVING DANGEROUSLY

benjipwns

« Reply #55460 on: November 18, 2019, 06:10:04 PM »
As for Ket I personally look up to her as kind of de-facto leader/voice of the community and as I have stated I am truly bothered by this but I didn’t even think about it until reading the posts because it’s not one of my issues and I am not part of that community but I didn’t even realize until this and looking into it that she could also be considered a leader/voice for the mental health community and I worry about how this affects them and their stability now.

Even if it comes with heavy caveats about the behind the scenes stuff going forward she really needs to be unbanned/allowed back, no exceptions.
Also consider the fact that a lot of those people in the mental health thread are also LGBTQ*. Not only has their help been banned, but they've received a very clear message re: their status in this forum.
I don't know her except through having read her posts but my greater fear would be that she may choose to leave permanently of her own accord because this leaves a bad taste, and I think that would be a tremendous loss for the community.
CERIUM WANTS THEM DEAD

Quote from: Kyuuji
Public discourse around bans has never been a thing here. Not sure why people are demanding an exception.
If it wasn’t enough you defending Chapelle’s transphobic trash or whining about cancel culture we don’t need you popping into the thread purely to prod as you usually do.
SHUT UP YOU

It’s been their playbook for a long time. Every time a community has issues with this place, a mod of that community’s identity gets trotted out as if that was an answer to systemic issues with the site
Yeah, the admins of this place have always been super cagey. It's been that way since day 1.
For real. Transparency my ass. We have never had a clue about what goes on behind the scenes and the admins refuse to elaborate on any decision.
GOOD POINT

benita

benjipwns

« Reply #55462 on: November 18, 2019, 06:10:57 PM »
SOMEONE CERIUM WANTS DEAD:
First of all i just wanna get the elephant out of the room and say im not capable of talking about what's going on with ket and im sorry im so fucking stupid about it. It breaks my fucking heart and I just don't want anyone hurt, and my splitting has made it impossible to look at things properly. I just don't want anyone to hurt and she was amazing in this community and i feel for everyone involved. I also feel extensively for any trans people in this forum, what you have to go through both in and out of this site is unacceptable.

On a personal level im both really good and really bad. I'm doing theatre again, shows this week actually and it's kept me really busy which has been good for my energy. My car might be undrivable tho. Shop wanted 800 dollars to not even fix the problem. Figuring things out but my debt is just climbing through the roof.

Almost had a suicide attempt but I did not (talking to my partner helped tremendously) when i got a medical bill in the mail for 900 dollars (this was a mistake thank God, short version they were supposed to pay for my therapy but it was an error of paper work on their end) however that moment i also realized there's never going to be a "good time to leave" so I'm just at determined to leave, fuck the consequences. Once i get the job im going i have to.

One major change is im really not ashamed how i look these days. My dysphoria is slowly going away and im feeling pretty good. Im taking more selfies, trying new looks, its hard where i live to go as far as id like to but Im finally feeling okay being me.

benjipwns

« Reply #55463 on: November 18, 2019, 06:14:04 PM »
Ketkat hasn't posted in the Mental Health Era thread since September.

Also like every post in there is "you should talk to a therapist" :doge

samir

« Reply #55464 on: November 18, 2019, 06:14:16 PM »
the Ts can dish it out, but they sure can't take it

:curious

BisMarckie

« Reply #55465 on: November 18, 2019, 06:20:29 PM »
When has no longer feeling safe replaced being mad about something?

I would appreciate a graph btw

benjipwns

« Reply #55466 on: November 18, 2019, 06:24:23 PM »
Can we go back to laughing at people for being crazy Marvel fans or something...
NO THIS SITUATION CALLS FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE A REALLY STUPID AND COMPLETELY INEFFECTIVE GESTURE

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #55467 on: November 18, 2019, 06:26:42 PM »
Can we go back to laughing at people for being crazy Marvel fans or something...
NO THIS SITUATION CALLS FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE A REALLY STUPID AND COMPLETELY INEFFECTIVE GESTURE

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #55468 on: November 18, 2019, 06:30:15 PM »
Shosta, stay safe

‘We’re coming for you.’ Fresno police form Asian gang unit in manhunt for mass shooters
:O

benjipwns

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #55470 on: November 18, 2019, 06:36:31 PM »

Double Cheeseburger. I have a freezer drawer for surplus when I buy too many but they don’t stay in there for long. Nuke ‘em in the microwave and job’s a goodun.
(Image removed from quote.)

Double cheeseburger, huh?

For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:doge
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #55471 on: November 18, 2019, 06:39:45 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #55472 on: November 18, 2019, 06:57:15 PM »
Quote from: muteKi
All this time and we're still trying to account for all the loss of research caused by the Nazi's destruction of research on gender and sexuality, and there's zero question that the replication of fascism in the modern era is tied to this fact. Transphobia is one of the biggest, most obvious tells for fascist grifters who want to appear "respectable". This shit is painfully relevant.
sounds like the staff of ResetERA.com

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #55473 on: November 18, 2019, 06:57:18 PM »
X always says he's gonna give it to me, but to date, I've never been gifted ANYTHING from X. :(

benjipwns

« Reply #55474 on: November 18, 2019, 07:00:39 PM »
It's been five days with no resolution. I don't understand, on a logistical level, how this can take five days to sort out. Maybe the discussion about moderator policy going forward, sure, but five days just to come to a conclusion on whether someone should be banned at all and, if so, for how long? That strikes me as odd, at the very least, suspicious in practice, and horribly unfair to Ketkat and all the people who have come to see her as an important resource and advocate on this forum.
:hitler

Meanwhile:
User Banned (Duration Pending): Conspiracy theories, ignoring staff messages, numerous previous infractions

When you know you've said something truly horrible, so horrible that if anyone discovered it you'd be ruined, you get super paranoid that people will find out about it.

So when a poster references that event, even if they name no names and mention zero specifics and there's no way it could possibly be related to you, you panic because you know they know, and at some point in the future they could attach a name to the horrible things you said.

so they ban you

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #55475 on: November 18, 2019, 07:03:00 PM »
What if ketkat doesn’t give a shit about being banned though  :brain
(ice)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #55476 on: November 18, 2019, 07:07:02 PM »

DO IT

JUST FUCKING DO IT

But we have fun here.
dog

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #55477 on: November 18, 2019, 07:09:41 PM »

Double cheeseburger, huh?

For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.

:doge
[close]

WTF is McChicken sauce.

Wait, are you Canadian?  This dude is a fuckin' Canadian!
sigh

shosta

« Reply #55478 on: November 18, 2019, 07:10:34 PM »
I think this thread wasn't posted: Why do you post on a video game forum?

Because it's a lightning fast news aggregator.
Somehow I get all my news here first. I see it sourced for news sites all the time, too.
This.
Yup, Big news wont get missed here.
It’s a great source of news without the insane clutter that twitter entails and generally I am accustomed to message board format, while most of similar discussion groups moved to facebook groups and the likes
I get all my gamer news here first
yah this is it for me
For fast news and as a social outlet
Great for breaking news.
Here for the gaming news and because of habit.
News and discussion.
It’s a great spot for news
also this.

I'm a gamer, and we ban alt-right, gamer gate, etc. types here. And it's a forum! Hard combo to find.

This place is also amazing for finding out news.

I mean, they're right, where else on the internet am I going to find news?  :doge

I still enjoy some games, even if I don't play that much anymore.

Sometimes I wonder why Era is a video game forum. I mean yeah, there's a gaming side and all but there's a strong undercurrent of... animosity... towards damned near every aspect of the hobby: the games, the industry, and especially the fans, to the point that some use the term "gamer" as a pejorative.

I get it - there's problems with the hobby that deserve criticism and sometimes even contempt but still, it seems excessive coming from a place that is obstensibly a forum for people who like games.
:teehee
[close]
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #55479 on: November 18, 2019, 07:12:43 PM »
When I got to college my addiction to forums ramped up and I spent like eight hours a day on fucking GameFAQs, long after that site was relevant.
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #55480 on: November 18, 2019, 07:13:28 PM »
Quote from: D I Z
World news comes in faster than across reg media outlets.
?? :rofl
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #55481 on: November 18, 2019, 07:15:19 PM »
I used to be a very avid gamer, amassed a collection of over 1,200 games (all originals, complete with all packaging and manuals) across 27 consoles/handhelds across 3 continents.

So I started posting on the forums of the website that pre-dated the old place. Back then it was a part of Gaming Age.

I haven't been a gamer for quite a few years now...

benjipwns

« Reply #55482 on: November 18, 2019, 07:19:13 PM »
I like games but I really like the community, it's not a cesspool, you are interesting, funny, friendly and insightful and when the hammer falls, it's fair and you learn the error of your ways to understand topics better and be better.

benjipwns

« Reply #55483 on: November 18, 2019, 07:21:01 PM »
I'll be honest if she doesn't come back either from being perma banned or of her own will then I'm done with this place. The mods have been great but the admins have proven time and again to be unfit to handle this community.
I keep giving this place more chances but the admins always kill the goodwill the mods build up and I just can't stand the all this self-serving "stay in line" bullshit.
This doesn't mean much to most, I'm new to being trans and I've not been a very active member of this community. I wanted to try and change that because I love a lot of people here, but I haven't felt safe here for a while.

BisMarckie

« Reply #55484 on: November 18, 2019, 07:27:53 PM »
I checked on the NEOGAF JUSTICE  PROJECT and there has been no reply to recent posts calling for filler to be unbanned since Friday.

It’s like Tyler doesn’t want his forum to thrive. :notlikethis

shosta

« Reply #55485 on: November 18, 2019, 07:30:32 PM »
I understand. It really sucks. I don’t think you’d be alone. If it comes to a mass exodus that’d be heartbreaking. Eras trans and more broadly LGBTQ communities are extremely important to this place’s DNA and I don’t know how well things would survive another massive shift. That’s just me being self centred though. I like y’all and I want to keep reading your posts. Here’s to hoping things settle out for the best soon.

Free ketkat.
每天生气

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #55486 on: November 18, 2019, 07:31:27 PM »
What does the trans community on RE even want? People do already get banned as soon as they question the narrative of any transphobia thread

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #55487 on: November 18, 2019, 07:35:55 PM »
i don't get how a game with as much cancelable content as disco elysium escaped the wrath of the wokestapo, but it gives me a shred of hope.

benjipwns

« Reply #55488 on: November 18, 2019, 07:39:44 PM »
What does the trans community on RE even want?
Physical safety.

BisMarckie

« Reply #55489 on: November 18, 2019, 07:40:24 PM »
Neogaf has the best memes now,

BisMarckie

« Reply #55490 on: November 18, 2019, 07:47:38 PM »
I hope they’re aware that Nazi = communism = far left.

So basically calling GAF Nazi is basically calling GAF Far Left, and they claim GAF is alt-right. So conflicting!

:brain

shosta

« Reply #55491 on: November 18, 2019, 07:48:04 PM »
If any of you are actually, unironically, posting on NeoGAF dot com, you're an embarrassment to humanity.
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #55492 on: November 18, 2019, 07:50:14 PM »
If any of you are actually, unironically, posting on NeoGAF dot com, you're an embarrassment to humanity.

My Neogaf account and resetera account are lost forever since the passwords were saved locally on my old PC and I used burner email accounts I no longer remember. :hmph

BOTH SIDES

benjipwns

« Reply #55493 on: November 18, 2019, 07:52:31 PM »
Promotional contracts for the @BenjiSales rollout must be honored, sorry.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #55494 on: November 18, 2019, 07:54:42 PM »
If any of you are actually, unironically, posting on NeoGAF or ResetEta dot com, you're an embarrassment to humanity.

:kermit Fixed :kermit

benjipwns

« Reply #55495 on: November 18, 2019, 07:55:06 PM »
Also, we picked up some Beto Relaunch™ contracts on the cheap.

Hamarr

« Reply #55496 on: November 18, 2019, 08:06:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/alan-moores-opinions-on-comic-books-comic-book-movies-is-certaintly-intresting.153827/

:teehee

Hmmm... lots of lurking alt-right.  No wonder everyone is leaving the site in droves.  Can you imagine anything more heinous than not anting to consume the latest Disney Marvel product?

BikeJesus

« Reply #55497 on: November 18, 2019, 08:08:21 PM »
It's been five days with no resolution. I don't understand, on a logistical level, how this can take five days to sort out. Maybe the discussion about moderator policy going forward, sure, but five days just to come to a conclusion on whether someone should be banned at all and, if so, for how long? That strikes me as odd, at the very least, suspicious in practice, and horribly unfair to Ketkat and all the people who have come to see her as an important resource and advocate on this forum.
:hitler

Meanwhile:
User Banned (Duration Pending): Conspiracy theories, ignoring staff messages, numerous previous infractions

When you know you've said something truly horrible, so horrible that if anyone discovered it you'd be ruined, you get super paranoid that people will find out about it.

So when a poster references that event, even if they name no names and mention zero specifics and there's no way it could possibly be related to you, you panic because you know they know, and at some point in the future they could attach a name to the horrible things you said.

so they ban you

What the fuck, that user is reaching incelsheet levels of post count, and yet that's the first I've seen of them.

33,000 posts and then banned. Hopefully they are reconsidering how they spend their time.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #55498 on: November 18, 2019, 08:19:31 PM »
X always says he's gonna give it to me, but to date, I've never been gifted ANYTHING from X. :(

Last Christmas he gave you his heart, but the very next day you gave it away.
©@©™

ResetBanBot

« Reply #55499 on: November 18, 2019, 08:19:36 PM »
cheeseburgers are the (((real distinguished black fellows)))