Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3797415 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #6060 on: March 27, 2019, 07:13:46 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/here-is-an-great-clip-of-streamer-destiny-explaining-how-edgy-jokes-memes-can-have-bad-outcomes-normalizes-racism-bigotry.107871/

Love the title formatting.

Here Is an Great Clip Of Streamer Destiny Explaining how Edgy Jokes & Memes Can have Bad Outcomes & normalizes racism/bigotry

I Pasted It But Felt like adding some more words.
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6062 on: March 27, 2019, 07:22:45 AM »
oh god

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/3/26/18267092/sober-curious-nonalcoholic-drinks-spirits

Enter Ruby Warrington. The 42-year-old Brooklyn-based British journalist got “sober curious” eight years ago (although she still does occasionally drink) and says she has never felt more in charge of her destiny.

Constant drinks at work and social events caught up with Warrington, who began questioning the command alcohol had over her self-worth, career, and relationships. This is the mindset she refers to as “sober curious,” and it’s the topic of her new book, Sober Curious: The Blissful Sleep, Greater Focus, Limitless Presence, and Deep Connection Awaiting Us All on the Other Side of Alcohol. The book is part guide, part journalism, part memoir, focusing on the big differences that come when we think about how drinking really makes us feel.

Think of sober curiosity as a “wellness” approach to (not) drinking alcohol. The idea isn’t a hard stop to drinking or a 12-step process to sobriety, Warrington said. It’s not a recovery method for alcoholics, either. It’s about recognizing drinking habits and acting on that understanding. Maybe it means cutting out all alcohol, or just not drinking on weekdays. Warrington added that it’s the idea that alcohol determines our fun, intimacy, friendships, and experiences to the point that some Americans have tapped out of the present and aren’t fully living.
But the beauty of sober curiosity, supporters say, is it can be as highbrow or lowbrow as you may want it to be — and as health-oriented. If booze-free happy hours in a Brooklyn coworking space don’t feel like your cup of tea, that doesn’t mean a low-carb bottle of zero-proof beer can’t accompany a football tailgate.

“I find it exciting to be finding about these drinks,” said Jenna Good, 40, who got sober curious after reading Warrington’s book. Warrington captured the exhaustion Good said she carried through the party-filled holiday season until sober January.

Three months later, Good said she’s rediscovering herself and feels “lighter,” more work-focused, and appreciative of small things. “I feel like there’s this person that’s been under the blanket of alcohol for the last 20 or so years,” she said. “Now it’s time to see what I can do and who I can be without hangovers.”
Wellness also isn’t the same as sobriety, which is a real, difficult, lifelong choice that people with addiction make every day. Warrington echoed this sentiment, noting that sober curiosity is not for people with alcoholism, who should seek treatment through therapy and rehabilitation. For frequent drinkers, she added, cutting out alcohol cold turkey can also increase feelings of vulnerability in social situations. Being sober curious isn’t a recovery method, and experts actually discourage people in rehab from drinking nonalcoholic beers.
Sober curiosity may be one of the most accessible paradigms to come from the wellness movement; it’s totally free to go to a bar, restaurant, or party and not drink anything. It’s also cost-effective to make the experience about you, not what other people are doing, Warrington said. The idea is checking in with yourself and finding where the desire to drink is, and then asking where that pressure comes from.

A sober-curious space doesn’t have to mean no one drinks; it just means it’s no one else’s business if you don’t. In this way, conscious gathering could help address issues such as drunk driving or alcohol-related sexual assault, Warrington said. For her, accountability could increase if the power of alcohol were to decrease.
why must everything be a thing

https://twitter.com/acemindbreaker/status/1100516393861242881?

https://twitter.com/acemindbreaker/status/1100518707632189444?

:notlikethis
:crazy

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6063 on: March 27, 2019, 07:39:03 AM »
Next they’ll be boycotting restaurants that don’t spoiler tag the menus

How you know there is a heavy resetera population nearby

Uncle

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #6064 on: March 27, 2019, 07:47:55 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/would-you-give-up-sex-or-masturbation-for-one-year-for-100k.107853/

The poll results will shock you!
will this guy give up making vain boring as fuck reset threads for one year for 1

Rahxephon91

« Reply #6065 on: March 27, 2019, 08:03:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/would-you-give-up-sex-or-masturbation-for-one-year-for-100k.107853/

I know not too long ago I was in the same hole plenty of these guys where and would make posts like them. I also don't want to make it seem like I'm a super awesome and improved person.

But man does reading a thread like this make me super cringe now. It's like sad sack virtue signaling or something. I mean even if my current situation where to fall today, I really would not want to go back to being like some of these posters and acting like "oh whatever, no hope for me" which is just the feeling you get from many of these posts.

And really if I can find someone then I'm pretty sure anyone can. So yknow don't give up hope.

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #6066 on: March 27, 2019, 08:18:50 AM »

I know not too long ago I was in the same hole plenty of these guys where and would make posts like them. I also don't want to make it seem like I'm a super awesome and improved person.

But man does reading a thread like this make me super cringe now. It's like sad sack virtue signaling or something. I mean even if my current situation where to fall today, I really would not want to go back to being like some of these posters and acting like "oh whatever, no hope for me" which is just the feeling you get from many of these posts.

And really if I can find someone then I'm pretty sure anyone can. So yknow don't give up hope.

:no1curr :no1curr

:P

Rahxephon91

« Reply #6067 on: March 27, 2019, 08:19:46 AM »
You should make a poll.

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #6068 on: March 27, 2019, 08:22:03 AM »
:no1curr ?

:no1curr ?

Rahxephon91

« Reply #6069 on: March 27, 2019, 08:35:55 AM »
They'll care if you fit in Marvel movies.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6070 on: March 27, 2019, 08:38:51 AM »
The way they project DC fans as alt-right or something really says a lot about how seriously they should be taken

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #6071 on: March 27, 2019, 08:41:03 AM »
Resetera:

Real Cinema:  :nope

Marvel Comic Book Movies: :ohyeah

The rest of the World:

Marvel Comic Book Movies:  :morans :nerds

The Bore:

Marvel Comic Book Movies: :no1curr

The Angelic Initiative:

Marvel Comic Book Movies: That's True. Trigger the Awakening. Jamie-Body-Mind

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #6072 on: March 27, 2019, 08:47:54 AM »

Why would I give up the 200K I make masturbating on cam for 100k to not do masturbate at all?

Rahxephon91

« Reply #6073 on: March 27, 2019, 08:48:39 AM »
Actually

The rest of the World:

Marvel movies: :mouf

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6074 on: March 27, 2019, 08:53:37 AM »
Marvel comics however  :nope

I read the god symbiote shit recently and I'm just :dead

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #6075 on: March 27, 2019, 08:55:58 AM »
Sooooo, she stopped being an alcoholic and now, like all "recovering" addicts, wants to browbeat everyone else and humblebrag about how she was able to quit drinking?

Like, plenty of people don't drink to excess love, you're not special.

It's not even about being an alcoholic and trying to stop - most people will realize as they get older that they really can't stay out until 2 AM and get up the next day at 7 AM and be productive at work.  It's absolutely nothing special and the writer is just another prime example of the "snowflake" generation.  And what the fuck kind of bar is going to promote themselves as a "sober curious safe space" if they actually want to stay in business?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #6076 on: March 27, 2019, 09:01:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/here-is-an-great-clip-of-streamer-destiny-explaining-how-edgy-jokes-memes-can-have-bad-outcomes-normalizes-racism-bigotry.107871/

Here Is an Great Clip Of Streamer Destiny Explaining how Edgy Jokes & Memes Can have Bad Outcomes & normalizes racism/bigotry

yikes a lot of suspect posts in there that refuse to accept that destiny is permabanned from ResetERA.com and they should not host content related to that alt-right bigot let alone promote it as worthy of having such a valuable platform

benjipwns

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6078 on: March 27, 2019, 09:06:15 AM »
Warning : care post

benji what do you make of the prevalence of Cold Warrior rhetoric on Era. Is it just because it's the common wisdom in the USA (and to some extent in Western Europe) ?
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #6079 on: March 27, 2019, 09:09:33 AM »
they mainlined the Russia shit way too hard which easily fits into that old paradigm that dominated U.S. culture for so long

like this:
https://twitter.com/donnabrazile/status/887331637998096384

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6080 on: March 27, 2019, 09:17:40 AM »

That fat guy on the right is a dumbass lmao

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6081 on: March 27, 2019, 09:21:31 AM »
Oh wow Destiny is a utilitarian  :shaking :trigger

BisMarckie

« Reply #6082 on: March 27, 2019, 09:41:55 AM »

Go clear your Steam backlog you dumb biiiiiaaaaatttccchhh :bolo

:thinking

Hey man, some conquering islands do it right

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/hot-date-bundle

:pitbull :expert

:jgames

BisMarckie

« Reply #6083 on: March 27, 2019, 09:42:44 AM »
Would Pogi stop careposting for a year if someone gave him 100,000 likes? :thinking

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6084 on: March 27, 2019, 09:43:37 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/only-half-of-those-who-post-in-this-thread-will-be-unbanned-avengers-endgame-game-sign-ups-open-until-april-1st.107809/post-19269742
This really could be a genius idea. Only ban the normal outrage crew and leave everyone else...then watch how the forum becomes less shitty over the course of a month.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #6085 on: March 27, 2019, 10:01:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kenichiro-takaki-has-left-marvelous-up-is-still-producer-of-senran-kagura-series.107838/

Quote from: Jim_Cacher, post: 19265687, member: 3700
http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/18755#more-18755

Interview says the major reason of his leave is censorship on sexual content. No time to translate now. I am sure Gematsu or other site will translate soon.

Quote from: Hero of Legend, post: 19265849, member: 8465
Again, just put the series on Nintendo systems, even exclusively if needed. Such an odd decision that could've been avoided. You'd think he'd realize that Nintendo is VERY hands off on 3rd-party games, only stepping in if it had to do with the rating boards.

Be a big enough Nintard you suggest making pedo games exclusively on the Switch :rodney

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:miyamoto
[close]
Margs

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6086 on: March 27, 2019, 10:03:25 AM »
Would Pogi stop careposting for a year if someone gave him 100,000 likes? :thinking

sign me up!

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6087 on: March 27, 2019, 10:06:13 AM »
I think this is it. The feds are going to eat him alive for sending anthrax to himself so they told the city to back off.

Unless mentioning he sent anthrax to himself is not allowed, then forget I mentioned it.

Unless mentioning he sent anthrax to himself is not allowed, then forget I mentioned it.

They got these posters :shaking

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6088 on: March 27, 2019, 10:16:11 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Did Evilore take that photo? :thinking
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6089 on: March 27, 2019, 10:27:16 AM »
bork out here walking free with his ear shadow racism  :trigger

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6090 on: March 27, 2019, 10:38:58 AM »
:lore
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6091 on: March 27, 2019, 10:53:34 AM »
Warning : care post

benji what do you make of the prevalence of Cold Warrior rhetoric on Era. Is it just because it's the common wisdom in the USA (and to some extent in Western Europe) ?

its pretty fascinating how they will swivel on a dime from orange cheeto democracy is broken amerikkka #latestagecapitalism to 'murica fuck yeah depending on the topic

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6092 on: March 27, 2019, 10:58:22 AM »
“We don’t want to try them in the press any more than [Smollett] wanted to be tried in the press,” Holmes added in declining further comment on the pair.
holy shit at the balls on Holmes :lol

In the sense that he wanted to go on TV and get a always 👏 believe 👏 victims 👏 heros welcome as  :supergay :pacspit

Not in the sense that "I dunno, that scenario seems a little far fetched", oh its being investigated, oh the results of those investigations are now public, oh you're a fucking scumbag narcissist

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6093 on: March 27, 2019, 11:01:54 AM »

Me: "I'd like to apply for the manager position."

Also me: "You're hired!"
©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6094 on: March 27, 2019, 11:15:33 AM »

Propagandhim

« Reply #6095 on: March 27, 2019, 11:16:34 AM »
Up Your Bum In 60 Seconds

daemon

« Reply #6096 on: March 27, 2019, 11:16:35 AM »
they mainlined the Russia shit way too hard which easily fits into that old paradigm that dominated U.S. culture for so long

like this:
https://twitter.com/donnabrazile/status/887331637998096384

"Lmfao you alt-righters with your conspiracy theories"

-a cold war 2 believer.

« Reply #6097 on: March 27, 2019, 11:38:48 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/borderlands-3-details-leaked-from-4chan-set-5-years-after-the-end-of-bl2-all-brands-returning-except-bandit-scav-multiple-planets.107777/post-19273635
I know you're just copying the leak info, but let's not be calling women "females" if we can help it.
lol wtf is female now a problematic word too? He didn't bitch about op calling men "male" though.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6098 on: March 27, 2019, 11:45:49 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/borderlands-3-details-leaked-from-4chan-set-5-years-after-the-end-of-bl2-all-brands-returning-except-bandit-scav-multiple-planets.107777/post-19273635
I know you're just copying the leak info, but let's not be calling women "females" if we can help it.
lol wtf is female now a problematic word too? He didn't bitch about op calling men "male" though.

A poster once made a post that they didn't like the word female

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #6099 on: March 27, 2019, 12:16:34 PM »
WTF @ signalboosting 4C**n.

« Reply #6100 on: March 27, 2019, 12:32:09 PM »
Must really kill them inside that for all the pompous attitude and pride in having so called industry insiders and "itk" posting on their forum, they never get any leaks posted there. So they are forced to post content from a notorious paedo hate site, as well as the birth place of gamer gate.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6101 on: March 27, 2019, 12:35:53 PM »

It really is dumb as shit. Their complaint is that it's never done with men and yet "older male" is right there in the leak

Drainage

« Reply #6102 on: March 27, 2019, 01:01:09 PM »

It really is dumb as shit. Their complaint is that it's never done with men and yet "older male" is right there in the leak

https://www.resetera.com/threads/maleera-armpit-hair-clean-shave-trim-or-leave-as-is.107872/

That's just a nod to MaleERA

Propagandhim

« Reply #6103 on: March 27, 2019, 01:14:15 PM »

Antrax is fucking hilarious.

Good for her. I doubt these places force women to wear pants either, but Pentecostal women generally only wear dresses or skirts.

Cultural assimilation is BS. The only thing you need to do to be a good citizen is not hurt your neighbors and pay your taxes (and ideally vote for candidates that fairly tax and redistribute your money or take care of you if you're underprivileged).

Otherwise you just get cultural fascism.

Interesting that you're a fan of employment being used to enforce cultural supremacy. That seems fairly capitalist!

In Sweden there was a Muslim woman that wouldn't shake hands with a male interviewer because Islam forbids it.  There was a big issue because that wasn't tenable to Swedish society and the culture of the job.   "Good for her!  Assimilating into Western culture is fascism!"  This behavior is something that ought to be preserved...but referring to women as "females" is dehumanizing.  I mean, I don't understand how these people feed themselves.  I'm not exaggerating.  How does a brain so unfortunate as this manage to shovel food in one's mouth?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 01:19:27 PM by Propagandhim »

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #6104 on: March 27, 2019, 01:47:09 PM »
Unless a foreign country spies on you at the behest of your own government.

... got anything to reveal, Momo?
I don't pay my TV licence :fbm
in b4 americans are baffled by a tv licence :lol
[close]

I should clarify.

You always keep a very close eye on meet-up threads, but then invariably go "no can do, too far away :fbm"

Yet you have no issue apparently going to likewise faraway places, like SE Asia.

:thinking

:ohhh

:ufup

You're a spy aren't you :bolo
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6106 on: March 27, 2019, 02:03:42 PM »
The whole female thing is another case of era being on the outs with context.

They can't tell apart "that female over there" between "That's a female character over there".

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6107 on: March 27, 2019, 02:09:10 PM »
Nope

Need to say "a woman hairdresser," "a woman orc," "a USB cable with both man and woman ends"
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6108 on: March 27, 2019, 02:13:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/teen-boys-rated-their-female-classmates-based-on-looks-the-girls-fought-back.107957/

"Afraid to go to the bathroom" lmao :rofl

https://www.resetera.com/threads/teen-boys-rated-their-female-classmates-based-on-looks-the-girls-fought-back.107957/post-19280787

Quote from: Trojita

Trojita the absolute madman, referencing an alt right propaganda show  :wag

Quote from: BuddyDharma
Quote from: Mattakuevan
If they made a list about theoretical dick sizes Im sure it would have had the desired effect
Not here on Era. 🍆💪

:mike
Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6110 on: March 27, 2019, 02:37:07 PM »
Yeah, im fine with pelosi pushing against impeachment, but she shouldn’t be scared of getting access to a report that was specifically made for congress.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot3-you-were-at-my-wedding-denise.101959/page-309#post-19282926

:confused
ὕβρις

PogiJones

« Reply #6111 on: March 27, 2019, 02:43:02 PM »
that's true
gif her staring up into the sky after the woodpecker

I've got a wide selection for you

With subs

No subs

Just staring

This is the post that will prevent from holding office

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra

PogiJones

« Reply #6113 on: March 27, 2019, 02:51:22 PM »
Even if I tried to abstain, I'd still care-dream all over my sheets

10centtacos

« Reply #6114 on: March 27, 2019, 03:03:18 PM »
Why do so many people on Era botch the use of “an”?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6115 on: March 27, 2019, 03:06:34 PM »
Why do so many people on Era botch the use of “an”?

Its fitting for an forum of a era like this.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6116 on: March 27, 2019, 03:07:19 PM »
ὕβρις

ResetBanBot

« Reply #6117 on: March 27, 2019, 03:13:00 PM »
>People who play video games are primarily males
>People who have autism are primarily males
>People who have autism are disproportionately affected by gender dysphoria
>ResetEra has no female posters
>Males cannot be transmen.
It's actually very understandable why ResetEra has an issue with the term "female" while taking no issue with the term "male", it doesn't trigger anyone's gender dysphoria.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6118 on: March 27, 2019, 03:24:55 PM »
 :-[

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6119 on: March 27, 2019, 03:26:26 PM »
Now that RE is all about how edgy humor causes real world violence I wonder when they'll come for always sunny. Like this is so much more outrageous than the SNL clip