Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3796287 times)

Drainage

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #6301 on: March 28, 2019, 12:35:55 PM »
Riotous how are you gonna complain that only 4 or 5 members of era are batshit insane on any particular issue?

We know the loudest couple voices dominate the discourse. Those 4 or 5 absolutely are representative of the forum because the mods let them dictate everything.

Surprise surprise its members like Bronx Man defending Smullet and Excelsheets just asking questions.

That's why they don't have polls and OFFICIAL STAFF POST every thread.

Don't defend it.

Boredfrom

« Reply #6302 on: March 28, 2019, 12:38:33 PM »
Of course Donald Dump finds this to be of the utmost importance.

The only reason to be mad at Jussie is cause he got caught. I don't care whether he was doing it to boost his career or not.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-fbi-doj-to-review-the-outrageous-jussie-smollett-case-in-chicago-it-is-an-embarrassment-to-our-nation-see-staff-post.108124/page-4#post-19314304

This is the same scumbag that was excited to see a video of people beating a racist old lady.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #6303 on: March 28, 2019, 12:39:32 PM »
Riotous how are you gonna complain that only 4 or 5 members of era are batshit insane on any particular issue?

We know the loudest couple voices dominate the discourse. Those 4 or 5 absolutely are representative of the forum because the mods let them dictate everything.

Surprise surprise its members like Bronx Man defending Smullet and Excelsheets just asking questions.

Don't defend it.

draggggged

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship

venereology

« Reply #6305 on: March 28, 2019, 01:20:17 PM »
some people actually seem disappointed the video wasn't super racist or something

what will they get mad at instead

Jansen

« Reply #6307 on: March 28, 2019, 01:26:07 PM »
can you sick fucks stop all this misogyny and appreciate the form of a woman in a burqa and tent dress??!

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6308 on: March 28, 2019, 01:50:01 PM »
whyd you make it bigger?!?!

:exxy

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6309 on: March 28, 2019, 02:06:24 PM »
It gets bigger on it's own

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6310 on: March 28, 2019, 02:10:09 PM »
:smug

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6311 on: March 28, 2019, 02:11:35 PM »
They should just print this on burqas and everyone would be happy

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #6312 on: March 28, 2019, 02:16:10 PM »
LOL The Trump Reboot?

dude has been known quanity for 40+ years. White Supramacy and Privilege just want to believe

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #6313 on: March 28, 2019, 02:18:55 PM »
BERNIE :clap ISN'T  :clap WHITE  :clap

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6314 on: March 28, 2019, 02:35:18 PM »
BERNIE :clap ISN'T  :clap WHITE  :clap

Stop gatekeeping who gets to be white.
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6315 on: March 28, 2019, 02:52:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot3-you-were-at-my-wedding-denise.101959/page-317#post-19314099

It's a bit silly but I had a giggle at the juxtaposition of the Left needing to do a better job with the media and The Economist.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6316 on: March 28, 2019, 02:53:47 PM »
They need to learn that Alt-right voices critique the Alt-right while espousing alt-right rhetoric. You critique so the rhetoric goes down smooth.
ὕβρις

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6317 on: March 28, 2019, 02:55:17 PM »
wtf is wrong with their big toes  :-\
Look up ballet dancer feet.
Arent they almost as bad as the chinese people who break the arch of their kids feet ?
I will not look this up, there are some bad feels i do not need. :fbm
They're like the Tapasa from Berserk. Fashioned into tools. Welts on every joint.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6318 on: March 28, 2019, 03:21:46 PM »

Don't defend it.

Well I hadn't seen the Trump thread;  if you read the last couple of pages of the main thread anyone suggesting he's innocent is getting piled on, and it is really just one guy (and another who was "Asking questions" but bailed when they couldn't really defend the stance.)

There are topics where crazy narratives absolutely dominate and anyone questioning them is banned;  at the very least I'd like to point out that isn't happening here.  The majority think he's guilty and are arguing openly with anyone questioning that idea.

The original Jussie thread was insane for sure before the hoax shit came out, but the majority of sane posters seems to have won out MOSTLY on the post-hoax stuff.
This is a pointless struggle, man. OldGAF used to be chastised for being a hivemind, then in the next moment, chastised for not having a unified (and/or correct) opinion about something.

Sometimes, ERA is a single person, sometimes it's not. Just write it off as a quirk of human psychology.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6319 on: March 28, 2019, 03:25:15 PM »
Anyone want some objective qualified Hopium? Bear with me. It's a simple point but I want to be clear on what I think.

On Friday afternoon I says to Mrs. Stinkles, I says, "I bet you a hundred bucks that Barr releases whatever he's going to release on Sunday evening - after the morning shows because they would not be able to control messaging with that many educated proxies sitting on panels with data and insight. If they're going to try to suprress the report, Barr will do what he said he's gonna do the whole time: Make a judgment that Trump cannot be indicted or prosecuted as a sitting president.

I actually expected worse - the inclusion of the Mueller "not exonerated" line was surprising to me because I thought he'd quash anything that could be seen as tea leaves or casting suspicion on the president. I suspect that he included that to mollify what had to be a fucking stunned Mueller that evening. Likely something he promised to include - leaving Mueller to expect he was going to protect the president on "collusion" but give "obstruction" to Congress. He screwed his friend, no matter how you look at it. So I was disgusted, but oddly relieved on Sunday.

The media stampeded to be first to say what the Barr memo meant - and they made a disgrace of themselves as usual, effectively repeating a partisan press release that was itself built on falsehood and was itself a diretc effort to obstruct justice. Just as Barr always promised he would. The Senate confirmation of Barr was a tragic and avoidable mistake by the dems - who should have kicked and screamed - not to block his nomination - they don't have the numbers - but to give better context for what bullshit was released on sunday. Their capitualtion lent credence to Barr, who deserves NONE. He's a partisan plant. Bought and paid for and planned for.

But here's the important bit:

1. On Sunday evening, the most compelling, binary GOP interpretation of the report was at its zenith of success. Even MSNBC and some actual liberal outlets were reporting it as doom and gloom and "practically" exoneration. Every major media outlet marketed this all night as a win for Trump.

But yesterday, right at the peak, the crest of the wave of how convincing this cover-up effort will ever be, CNN polled their usual credulous both sides know nothings - using normal polling methods - which historically overstate Trump's popularity or impact. And it's a disaster. It's not what they hoped for. Trump's approval ratings did not move beyond the margin of error. He has saturated what is available to him, period.

CNN Poll is disastrous for GOP plan and Barr Press Release

And 56% of Americans not only didn't think this exonerated Trump of obstruction of justice, but also not the LESSER charge of "collusion" (conspiracy, really) and the one Mueller actually DID state couldn't be proven within the confines of his investigation. And even more meaningful, 58% of INDEPENDENTS (usually shy repubs, Libertarians, shy liberals, don't tread on em types etc) think Trump is guilty of one or both. In all the noise, I don't think has gotten enough traction. Because this is the BEST it's going to be for Trump and the GOP. After this, with every passing day and revelation, it's going to get worse.

Today, the (Qatar perhaps) secret Grand Jury investigation connected to the Mueller report is still "robustly continuing" and there are still multiple trials, sentencing and cooperation agreements in flight. The Mueller Report is not only not over, it's now known to contain significant evidence of obstruction of justice and other crimes - and it's also known that Trump is not exonerated by the report. And that's without considering the handoffs to State authorities.

Barr is going to be subpoenaed. Mueller is going to be subpoenaed. Multiple high level players have committed perjury and will again. The report is eventually coming out. If the GOP thinks this helps them in 2020 they have not understood what happened in 2018 and what is going to happen again at some level - in 2020. Instead of coming at the King and missing with one shot, the dems have been handed a box of a thousand razors to make little cuts with, for two years.

And the GOP couldn't help but overplay what is turning out to be their shitty hand - they immediately tried to repeal Obamacare again (continuing inadvertently to educate the public on what its benefits are, by eliminating them). Betsy DeVos zeroed out the meaningless tiny funding for Special Olympics because they are too tone deaf, or too confident in Trump's horrifying base's slavish tailgating of his worst instincts. Lindsay Graham claimed with a straight face - and I think he even believed it thanks to magical thinking - that Trump now had "tremendous political capital" despite never actually cracking 50% approval - even in the wake of his "exoneration."

Don't get me wrong. Sunday was the biggest victory they've had in this matter. But it's also the biggest one they're ever going to have and it hasn't changed anything. The media, clearly embarrassed by their predictable idiocy on Sunday, is now starting to walk it back and ask important questions. And the congress has the ability to get a lot of those answers. And the momentum looks clear. The more they try to cover this up, the more people will want to see what they're hiding. It's Streisand Effect at a SPECTACULAR scale.

Barr has risked his "public" reputation which was already shitty. He only cares about his private reputation at his cigar club and power broker K-street circle jerk. He will have no appetite for the long haul. He achieved his mission and probably wants to get back to corpulent venal trash and enjoy some of the back-patting.

The first question they need to ask Barr under oath btw - is this:

"Did you or a proxy communicate with the Trump administration to tell Donald J Trump to stop tweeting from Friday to sunday? Was Lindsay Graham part of a group

SPOILER
including Kid goddamned Rock help me jesus
asked to ensure that Trump didn't blow up the marketing plan?"

In summary, shoezaldroppen ist kommen.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Someone send an ambulance to 343i plz
[close]
🤴

Propagandhim

« Reply #6320 on: March 28, 2019, 03:44:19 PM »
 :holeup

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6321 on: March 28, 2019, 03:45:39 PM »

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #6322 on: March 28, 2019, 03:47:59 PM »
Jesus Christ, Benji it’s time for a intervention for Frank.

:hans1

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6323 on: March 28, 2019, 03:54:49 PM »
每天生气

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6324 on: March 28, 2019, 03:59:25 PM »
his co-workers are probably happy he stopped using the All Employees outlook group for his essays

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6325 on: March 28, 2019, 04:40:21 PM »
I love every single one of you, even marrec the sex offender

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #6326 on: March 28, 2019, 04:42:59 PM »
I love every single one of you, even marrec the gap toothed sister fucker

FTFY  :ufup
Margs

Boredfrom

« Reply #6327 on: March 28, 2019, 04:44:33 PM »
https://twitter.com/rabiasquared/status/1111328679626526721

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-case-against-adnan-syed-2019-teaser-trailer-hbo.97878/page-3#post-19323149

:doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge

WHY

spoiler (click to show/hide)
A good re comment about this:"how dare you spoil facts in a murder case before we have a chance to air them on our tv show finale"
[close]

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

thisismyusername

« Reply #6329 on: March 28, 2019, 04:58:08 PM »
:kermiT

Bork, plz add this to the smiles. TYIA</Kara>.

Nuitangg

« Reply #6330 on: March 28, 2019, 05:09:14 PM »
I don't hate Stinkles. He's just lost his fucking mind.

thisismyusername

« Reply #6331 on: March 28, 2019, 05:12:20 PM »
Frankie O'Connor: You can always post your screeds here. You have an account here. You could save Benji the work.

Leadbelly

« Reply #6332 on: March 28, 2019, 05:12:36 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

This is based off a diagram showing how to detect if someone is having/had a stroke right?

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #6333 on: March 28, 2019, 05:24:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/german-rock-band-rammstein-sparks-outrage-over-nazi-camp-video.108112/#post-19307636

Quote from: Audioboxer, post: 19307636, member: 888
I'm also not a big fan of this culture we live in where as long as you can find your "token offended person", said person can be weaponized into accusations that if you don't agree with them, you in some way abuse/mock/ridicule them. As I said in my post, I can understand WHY people may NEVER approve of something used within art/music/film/tv/etc, and I can respect their absolutist stance for whatever emotional/impactful reasoning they give. However, I am still capable of being honest about something and having no moral qualms about explaining the context/intent of something controversial/provocative and why it existing is not the moral panic it may be suggested it is/could be.

Yea who would just do that, find a “token offended person” and weaponize them???  ::cough cough:: y’all just did that with ms galaxy and people were quite literally quoting her outrage as a response.

:ohyou

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #6334 on: March 28, 2019, 06:04:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/german-rock-band-rammstein-sparks-outrage-over-nazi-camp-video.108112/
:era :era :era :era :era
Amazing how quickly the thread turned once those fucking Muppets actually watched the video. Even the OP changed their stance.

Amazing what a little context and reading past the headlines will do.

Also, outrage culture doesn't exist... /s
Spud

PogiJones

« Reply #6335 on: March 28, 2019, 06:05:41 PM »
Frankie O'Connor: You can always post your screeds here. You have an account here. You could save Benji the work.

And what then for poor benji?

agrajag

« Reply #6336 on: March 28, 2019, 06:17:25 PM »
benji Obliterated

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #6337 on: March 28, 2019, 06:21:21 PM »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6338 on: March 28, 2019, 06:27:53 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/b6cso3/my_character_is_black_and_i_dont_know_why/

:-\ :-\ :-\

HAHAHA! I wondered why my redheaded white dude was now a redheaded black dude.  :dolezal

Ubisoft just doing their part in fighting white supremacy  :salute

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #6339 on: March 28, 2019, 06:47:33 PM »
Quote from: Frank O'Connor
The first question they need to ask Barr under oath btw - is this:

"Did you or a proxy communicate with the Trump administration to tell Donald J Trump to stop tweeting from Friday to sunday? Was Lindsay Graham part of a group including Kid goddamned Rock help me jesus asked to ensure that Trump didn't blow up the marketing plan?"
based Frank :lawd

Boredfrom

« Reply #6340 on: March 28, 2019, 07:10:18 PM »

Is Jussie their new OJ?
Yep. This seasons negro that needs to be taught a lesson... Meanwhile..in white america.... (Insert anything)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-fbi-doj-to-review-the-outrageous-jussie-smollett-case-in-chicago-it-is-an-embarrassment-to-our-nation-see-staff-post.108124/page-5#post-19329447

shosta

« Reply #6341 on: March 28, 2019, 07:38:46 PM »
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #6342 on: March 28, 2019, 07:40:11 PM »
timeless:
每天生气

Propagandhim

« Reply #6343 on: March 28, 2019, 07:58:46 PM »
I mean, considering that Jussie tried to imply they were trump supporters, isnt it a conflict of interest for him to order that?

brb ordering the FBI to do investigations brehs

:mueller
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 08:03:01 PM by Propagandhim »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6344 on: March 28, 2019, 08:16:38 PM »
I'm sure trump cares about conflicts of interest.

:mueller

Jansen

« Reply #6345 on: March 28, 2019, 08:20:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/no-mans-sky-is-one-of-the-biggest-selling-new-ips-of-all-time-sean-murray.108232/page-2#post-19326646

Quote from: Tigress, post: 19326646, member: 4237
Wow... I can't believe how many people are still bitter over a game. You guys act like he took all your money and ran. When he took 60 dollars (which if that is near all your money than you shouldn't have been buying a video game anyways as you probably had much more important things to spend it on) and then kept working on the game and improving it.  Oh, and yeah, many people got refunds so they didn't even lose the 60 bux! Nevermind some of the bitter people who outright admit they didn't even buy the game so they lost nothing!

And a lot of the lies were small things that other game companies have done that people don't get near as upset about. Oh wait, it's because you wanted multiplayer and even though he kept saying it was a single player game there was a large group who kept insisting they'd play it MP over a feature that wasn't supposed to be the main part of the game. And yes, that feature wasn't in the game. What he's put in the game already is way more than he ever promised MP wise at launch (to the chagrin of those of us who wanted the SP game he originally promised). But then when people started pointing out that he had emphasized many times it was an SP game, it was time to find all the other nitpicks to prove that it was about his lies you were upset about and not that it wasn't an MP game.

Funny now even now the detractors still just focus on MP and most people have settled down once he introduced MP elements (hell, now the bitter people just hang on the well he lied and I refuse to endorse it even if he made it better later). And no one is nitpicking the nitpicks that still aren't in the game (cause that really wasn't what they cared about).

Well, at least now we mostly don't hear from you guys until the topic of the launch comes up (i.e. in threads talking about the game itself we can actually talk about the game and not about "his lies!").

Quote from: Tigress, post: 19328192, member: 4237
No, the level of spin people put on claiming that he said it was an MP game when he kept insisting it was an SP game with some online elements meant to enhance gameplay is amazing. And then they started finding other little nitpicks to try to rpove it wasn't cause it was MP they were upset. And yet funny how he hasn't fixed most those things and now most are happy with it or if they aren't they are saying too late (as in they admit it is fixed). Funny how it is him putting MP in the game which got a lot of the complaints to disappear.  I mean I remember way before the game warning people it wasn't MP and not to expect to find other people.

And a lot of the stuff people yelled about they give EA and Ubisoft a lot less shit about (or at least don't keep harping on it for years).

Add in it's a fucking game! It amazes me it has taken this long for the bitter people to actually not pop in every NMS thread. It wasn't until the last update that you could actually talk about NMS without the people who still won't move on sidetracking the discussion to how it was all lies and they will never forgive Sean and how we all should totally be still pissed at him. It's ridiculous.  Move the hell on already (ok, so most finally did but yeesh).

Oh, and the people who still feel Sean was trying to scam them. No, scammers don't come back and try to fix things. He had your money, if he was scamming he would have ran with it and you wouldn't have seen any more updates on it. I highly doubt he meant to scam anyone. From everything I gather and what makes the most sense they ran out of money and it was release it then and deal with the backlash and try to use the money gotten to continue working on it or release it never. Shit happens. Nobody who was purposely trying to scam you would have put this much effort back into the game when they already had your money. Hell, if he was just trying to run a business he wouldn't have put this much effort into something that was a high risk (by that point the damage could easily have well been done and nothing would bring people back).  This obviouslly was a project HG personally cared for.  So, yeah, sorry but not sorry that I'm willing to realize shit happens and at least he tried to make good and I'm not yelling that no one should ever give him money again.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 08:27:18 PM by Jansen »

PogiJones

« Reply #6346 on: March 28, 2019, 08:25:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/empathy-is-not-enough-part-1-how-empathy-became-a-buzzword-in-the-games-industry.108254/

I'm not reading that whole article, TBH, so this isn't actually a criticism of the article, because I don't know what it says. But I'm using it to springboard off of to talk about empathy.

One of my biggest gripes with RE is that they've twisted and mutated such a wonderful thing like empathy to mean something completely different: hating the right people. Real empathy is different. If someone hates their oppressors, real empathy doesn't require you hate them too. Real empathy doesn't require you agree with a person, or think what they're doing is right.

In fact, true empathy requires you try to understand the oppressor, too. Understand why they believe what they believe. Understand what makes them tick. Understand what parts of their beliefs and behavior are their fault, and which ones aren't.

Instead, RE's view of empathy is like a high school girl listening to her friend cry about how horrible her boyfriend is and just nodding and saying, "Yeah, he's the worst!" without looking further into it to see what is true and what's not. It's such an incredibly juvenile view of empathy, and then someone comes along that expresses true empathy for all parties, and they have the gall to shout, "HAVE SOME EMPATHY, YOU HUMAN GARBAGE!"

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6347 on: March 28, 2019, 08:28:23 PM »
Meanwhile..in white america.... (Insert anything)

Way ahead of you, my dude. :jawalrus
©@©™

PogiJones

« Reply #6348 on: March 28, 2019, 08:31:25 PM »

Even science channels are being infiltrated by the Alt-Right.

First anime, now science. What else will they take from us?  :stahp

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6349 on: March 28, 2019, 08:57:59 PM »
If a straw was sealed up on one side we would still say it had one hole
Uncle

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #6350 on: March 28, 2019, 09:02:27 PM »
If a straw was sealed up on one side we would still say it had one hole
No, we would call it a very thin and tall plastic cup.

PogiJones

« Reply #6351 on: March 28, 2019, 09:09:03 PM »
Do you dig a hole or dig a cup?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6352 on: March 28, 2019, 09:11:51 PM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6353 on: March 28, 2019, 09:17:59 PM »
Trump vs Smollett 2: Electric Boogaloo is such an embarassing shitshow.

Hey mods, if you were half as quick on the trigger with the "READ MODPOST: STOP POSTING STUPID FUCKING CONSPIRACY THEORIES" in these topics as you were in the original "ANYONE QUESTIONING JUSSIES ACCOUNT IS SPREADING RACIST CONSPIRACY THEORIES AND GETTING BANNED", you'd clear a whoooole lot of shitty posters off the forum, at least for a little bit.

Propagandhim

« Reply #6354 on: March 28, 2019, 09:27:46 PM »
The mods are the shitty posters, dude.  Finkle is Einhorn

PogiJones

« Reply #6355 on: March 28, 2019, 09:29:22 PM »
They don't even need to ban the bad posters. They just need to not ban the sane posters. As the polls always show, the sane posters far outnumber the insane ones.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6356 on: March 28, 2019, 09:38:02 PM »
They don't even need to ban the bad posters. They just need to not ban the sane posters. As the polls always show, the sane posters far outnumber the insane ones.

:ohhh

PogiJones

« Reply #6358 on: March 28, 2019, 10:16:13 PM »
I don't think there are too many people outside of Pitchford that seems to be hated so much here on these forums

:gurl :comeon :cmonson

PogiJones

« Reply #6359 on: March 28, 2019, 10:17:46 PM »
nachobro, add Borderlands 3 to the list