Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3796909 times)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #6420 on: March 29, 2019, 07:31:25 AM »
Has Enzom posted yet?

He just posted his top 10 Garth Brooks songs, while praising the taste of unseasoned chicken  :cac
Margs

BisMarckie

« Reply #6421 on: March 29, 2019, 07:32:06 AM »
Incelsiorlef origin story

Bananas

« Reply #6422 on: March 29, 2019, 07:43:31 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/parents-and-children-protest-outside-second-primary-school-over-lessons-on-lgbt-–-handing-out-leaflets-declaring-we-do-not-believe-in-homosexuality.1474255/page-2#post-253898854

You don't honestly believe that a children's book with a gay couple having a child is not advocacy. C'mon. The entire gay project has been a (very successful, unfortunately) effort to normalize something disordered and destructive. For such a tiny part of the population, look at our popular media, you are constantly being hit over the head with "gay, gay, gay" all the time as if there was nothing more important to human civilization than sanctioning this small minority and their "right" to put their penises wherever they want.

Don't forget. These Muslim parents are the normal ones, loving their children and wanting to see them properly catechized in their faith. Religious schools are the only way to go for them. Unfortunately for us, some of the kids in those schools will also be taught to strap themselves up with C-4, run people over with trucks, etc.

These Gold member keep giving.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #6423 on: March 29, 2019, 07:43:41 AM »
Trump-Russia compromise is still probably real though. It’s not something that can necessarily be proven. We just all assumed Mueller could.

If anyone knows about being compromised by the russians, era is definitely near the top.

Propagandhim

« Reply #6424 on: March 29, 2019, 07:52:29 AM »

Propagandhim

« Reply #6425 on: March 29, 2019, 07:54:38 AM »
"awesome though, haha"

:lol

Propagandhim

« Reply #6426 on: March 29, 2019, 07:58:09 AM »

Kirblar?!

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #6427 on: March 29, 2019, 08:03:30 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/parents-and-children-protest-outside-second-primary-school-over-lessons-on-lgbt-–-handing-out-leaflets-declaring-we-do-not-believe-in-homosexuality.1474255/page-2#post-253898854

You don't honestly believe that a children's book with a gay couple having a child is not advocacy. C'mon. The entire gay project has been a (very successful, unfortunately) effort to normalize something disordered and destructive. For such a tiny part of the population, look at our popular media, you are constantly being hit over the head with "gay, gay, gay" all the time as if there was nothing more important to human civilization than sanctioning this small minority and their "right" to put their penises wherever they want.

Don't forget. These Muslim parents are the normal ones, loving their children and wanting to see them properly catechized in their faith. Religious schools are the only way to go for them. Unfortunately for us, some of the kids in those schools will also be taught to strap themselves up with C-4, run people over with trucks, etc.

As fucked up and racist as most of those comments are in that thread, at least there is some discussion going on and no one is raging and abusing anyone else like they would be on NewGaf/Reeeee.

Still...WTF?
Spud

BisMarckie

« Reply #6428 on: March 29, 2019, 08:12:01 AM »
POC in Europe.refers to People of the Czech Republic.

They have the best shampoo there.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

BisMarckie

« Reply #6430 on: March 29, 2019, 08:26:37 AM »
Jussie's response was immediate and clear ... a spokesperson told TMZ, "It is the Mayor and the Police Chief who owe Jussie an apology for dragging an innocent man's character through the mud. Jussie has paid enough."

JUSTICE FOR JUSSIE!

Bananas

« Reply #6431 on: March 29, 2019, 08:45:55 AM »

As fucked up and racist as most of those comments are in that thread, at least there is some discussion going on and no one is raging and abusing anyone else like they would be on NewGaf/Reeeee.

Still...WTF?

Pretty sure implying gay people have no place in society and black people have subhuman IQ is pretty insulting.  :doge

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #6432 on: March 29, 2019, 09:01:50 AM »
When Era gets political, it's scary.

They should just stick to talking about games, when they are hilarious, but sadly they are a videogame forum embarrassed of being a videogame forum

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6433 on: March 29, 2019, 09:07:16 AM »
Comicsgate is a bunch of nerds complaining about mostly Marvel comics having a bunch of sjw politics and/or becoming performatively woke as of the last idk 6 years (mostly under Axel Alonso iirc). The main players in comicsgate is Ethan Van Sciver (a conservative comic illustrator) and Richard Meyer (an online critic that became a comic creator himself). The main flashpoint at the moment is a court case between Richard Meyer and Mark Waid. tl;dr summary of court case - Richard Meyer decided to make his own comic resembling the era he grew up in comics with (no sjw politics, strong man stuff etc) and got a publisher (Atlantic) to distribute it for him, Mark Waid then used his influence in the industry to get Atlantic to cancel their contract so Meyer (who goes by Diversity&Comics online) sued Mark for interfering with his contracts/business.

I actually know this stuff quite well as the only other boards I read are a comics one and an anime one.

tl;dr - what is comicsgate? dont ask, it's dumb. ignore all this bullshit and live a normal life.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6434 on: March 29, 2019, 09:16:55 AM »
Mode edit:
Please do not link to a Gamergate/Comicgate site
Took a quick look around that site and... yeah. Maybe don't link stuff from there.
Why? Can you give me one reason why? Is it against this forum's rules to link this site or what? I found this article while looking for MK11 PAX East news on Google. Was never reading it before. And source is Polygon interview that i also linked. What exactly is the issue here??
User banned (2 weeks): linking to and defending a website associated with a hate movement
The website seems to be full of utterly trash opinions and a political agenda that is for very good reason not well-received here. Are you serious?
I mean it's still not against any rules of the forum right? It's just different opinion on the internet just like you have your own. It's really not that serious.
Quote from: Slayven
The first site is a known Gamergate/Comicgate site, feel free from a legitimate site

On the subject of the game:
“Our character lead, Brendan George, has been a breath of fresh air of just introducing new ideas. Our design is just getting more mature and respectful. You’re not going to wear a bikini to a fight. You’re not going to be showing so much skin. I think it’s just what the game is about: You’re going in to fight for your life, and you’re not going to be wearing such scantily clad items."

I don't think you're going to wear high heels to a fight, either, but Skarlet does.  Kotal Kahn is a half-nekkid dude.  And the fatalities are the farthest thing from "mature and respectful" out there.  But hey, cover up them tiddies and it's all good.
:itagaki
ど助平

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6435 on: March 29, 2019, 09:19:43 AM »
Mode edit:
Took a quick look around that site and... yeah. Maybe don't link stuff from there.
Why? Can you give me one reason why? Is it against this forum's rules to link this site or what? I found this article while looking for MK11 PAX East news on Google. Was never reading it before. And source is Polygon interview that i also linked. What exactly is the issue here??
User banned (2 weeks): linking to and defending a website associated with a hate movement
The website seems to be full of utterly trash opinions and a political agenda that is for very good reason not well-received here. Are you serious?
I mean it's still not against any rules of the forum right? It's just different opinion on the internet just like you have your own. It's really not that serious.
The first site is a known Gamergate/Comicgate site, feel free from a legitimate site

“Our character lead, Brendan George, has been a breath of fresh air of just introducing new ideas. Our design is just getting more mature and respectful. You’re not going to wear a bikini to a fight. You’re not going to be showing so much skin. I think it’s just what the game is about: You’re going in to fight for your life, and you’re not going to be wearing such scantily clad items."

I don't think you're going to wear high heels to a fight, either, but Skarlet does.  Kotal Kahn is a half-nekkid dude.  And the fatalities are the farthest thing from "mature and respectful" out there.  But hey, cover up them tiddies and it's all good.

Not just Kotal Kahn, like half the male cast has topless outfits. The idea that they're doing it because of realism is hilarious

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6436 on: March 29, 2019, 09:20:41 AM »

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #6437 on: March 29, 2019, 09:20:44 AM »
Mode edit:

Oh goddamnit, I didn't read this

Half the dudes are shirtless, the girls still wear high heels, but now it's mature because the girls have smaller tits and cover them up. And respectful, of course.

This whole thing fucking makes me REE. At least the dudes look good...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 09:26:51 AM by Anti-Monitor »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6438 on: March 29, 2019, 09:27:02 AM »
People animalistically take their shirts off to fight:

exhibit a:

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #6439 on: March 29, 2019, 09:39:56 AM »
Jax

:mouf

Propagandhim

« Reply #6440 on: March 29, 2019, 09:43:14 AM »
Jax isn't in that picture, scrublord.

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #6441 on: March 29, 2019, 09:52:26 AM »
Because when you think Mortal Kombat, you think "realistic fighting". The game with magic, monsters, and in which you can stab through a person's face six times without killing them.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #6442 on: March 29, 2019, 10:04:11 AM »
Shirtless black dude

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6443 on: March 29, 2019, 10:04:51 AM »
Mode edit:

Oh goddamnit, I didn't read this

Half the dudes are shirtless, the girls still wear high heels, but now it's mature because the girls have smaller tits and cover them up. And respectful, of course.

This whole thing fucking makes me REE. At least the dudes look good...

They started toning down the designs in MKX (although MKII Kitana and Mileena costumes made it in, lol) and Injustice 2 really toned it down, so this is no surprise.  It's just fucking stupid.  The gore has gotten to the point that it's legit disgusting, but hey 'Murica so that's cool:P
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6444 on: March 29, 2019, 10:07:06 AM »
NRS is just playing it safe like the DOA devs did. I'm sure there will be plenty of custom costume pieces to make everyone happy but they aren't the default premade outfits so that's enough to pacify resetti/polygon types who aren't going to actually touch the game anyway.

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #6445 on: March 29, 2019, 10:09:02 AM »
They started toning down the designs in MKX (although MKII Kitana and Mileena costumes made it in, lol) and Injustice 2 really toned it down, so this is no surprise.  It's just fucking stupid.  The gore has gotten to the point that it's legit disgusting, but hey 'Murica so that's cool:P
It's not just that they cover the women up. They were more covered up in Mortal Kombat X, but their designs still had personality.

Hell, this is might be my favorite Mileena design ever.

The problem is that there's absolutely no originality or personality in their new designs. They are boring, "functional" bodysuits or body armor, making them look completely dull compared to the male characters, who are allowed to have fantastical, out-there designs. I'd certainly prefer if they showed some booyah, but the women should be able to have both realistic, covered up designs and weird, slutty ninja outfits. Just like the guys.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #6446 on: March 29, 2019, 10:09:50 AM »
People animalistically take their shirts off to fight:

exhibit a:

(Image removed from quote.)

I like the follow through with his non slapping arm.  That’s quality bitch slapping right there.

Drainage

« Reply #6447 on: March 29, 2019, 10:13:17 AM »
Ever since mk9 I just think about those big ass tiddys  :ltg

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6448 on: March 29, 2019, 10:19:27 AM »

Propagandhim

« Reply #6449 on: March 29, 2019, 10:22:56 AM »
 :anhuld :exxy

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6450 on: March 29, 2019, 10:26:11 AM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6451 on: March 29, 2019, 10:32:04 AM »
Meleena would bite your dick clean off.

agrajag

« Reply #6452 on: March 29, 2019, 10:39:54 AM »
MK II and MK 3 had the best, most iconic character designs, come at me bros.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6453 on: March 29, 2019, 11:26:21 AM »
Conservatives are the barbarians at the gates. We are in a time where it is necessary to vote liberal so they don’t get in and wreck everything. This is not the time to be voting on specificities within left leaning parties, now is when we have to keep the conservatives out and work towards a future where their ideology can be eliminated.

It's never "to vote on specificities", so you know...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/justin-trudeau-has-a-lower-approval-rating-than-trump.108137/page-8#post-19333753
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6454 on: March 29, 2019, 11:29:29 AM »
Wtf is comicgate

Like the war its based on (our vietnam), its an online fight against the evil regressive white supremacist patriachy on twitter about things that really matter.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6455 on: March 29, 2019, 11:32:46 AM »
The problem is that there's absolutely no originality or personality in their new designs. They are boring, "functional" bodysuits or body armor, making them look completely dull compared to the male characters, who are allowed to have fantastical, out-there designs. I'd certainly prefer if they showed some booyah, but the women should be able to have both realistic, covered up designs and weird, slutty ninja outfits. Just like the guys.

women need to 👏 sit 👏 down 👏 and 👏 listen 👏 to what the men in the "why some women are prudes" thread on era and male art directors at neversoft tell them are acceptable costumes and how much skin it is appropriate to expose.

also, something something femoral arteries.

Boredfrom

« Reply #6456 on: March 29, 2019, 11:43:04 AM »
I can't even be mad anymore if he did fake it.

By walking the dude exposed just how much more motivated white folks get when it's a black man who got away.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-charges-dropped-in-case-against-jussie-smollett-see-staff-post.107729/page-25#post-19329434

EDIT Fuck, Benji already posted it....
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 11:50:57 AM by Boredfrom »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6457 on: March 29, 2019, 11:43:15 AM »
PoliEra now concerned with how to manage more US men laid.
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6458 on: March 29, 2019, 11:44:37 AM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6459 on: March 29, 2019, 11:49:59 AM »
All of you still bitching about Jussie and ain't say shit about CPD botching the case.

But wanna talk about fucking agendas. Clowns. 🤡

Tell me more about how they botched the case

e:

Quote from: DigitalOP
There doesnt seem to be any indication that CPD botched the case so I imagine that's why no one is bitching about it
They played a leaky public slander game and muddied the waters. Only to find they didnt have proper evidence to move forward.

They were essentially betting on him to admit guilt. They absolutely botched the case

Quote from: DigitalOP
What evidence do you have to support this conclusion?
The fact they didn't prosecute him, you think just sat on their hands with proper evidence and let him go willingly?

mods, come get your boy or start actually following through on your stop posting conspiracy theory nonsense warnings

Propagandhim

« Reply #6460 on: March 29, 2019, 11:51:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cd-projekt-plans-to-create-250-new-jobs-despite-last-years-profit-and-revenue-decline-gamesindustry-biz.108347/post-19342298

:whoo

I was expecting some shittiness about CDPR, but wasn't prepared for the direction this went

In before someone mentions that Poland basically is 99% ethnically Polish, and so who cares.

Superstar

« Reply #6461 on: March 29, 2019, 11:52:49 AM »
All of you still bitching about Jussie and ain't say shit about CPD botching the case.

So point your anger at the States Attorney is my point.

Nobody talking bout that... Radio silence on that front

Is DigitalOp special? Theres literally thousands of posts on that board in addition to thousands of hours of news coverage focusing on the states attorneys office role.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6462 on: March 29, 2019, 11:54:25 AM »
NRS is just playing it safe like the DOA devs did. I'm sure there will be plenty of custom costume pieces to make everyone happy but they aren't the default premade outfits so that's enough to pacify resetti/polygon types who aren't going to actually touch the game anyway.

Kind of doubtful in this case, but hey, hope to be wrong- they went as far as to cover up even the slightest hint of a female buttock in Injustice 2.   :lol 
:expert
ど助平

Boredfrom

« Reply #6463 on: March 29, 2019, 11:56:11 AM »

So point your anger at the States Attorney is my point.

Nobody talking bout that... Radio silence on that front

Is DigitalOp special? Theres literally thousands of posts on that board in addition to thousands of hours of news coverage focusing on the states attorneys office role.

He is fully aware of that, he is just pretending that has nothing to do with this because would not excuse his bitterness.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6464 on: March 29, 2019, 11:59:41 AM »
You keep moving the goal posts. You claimed they didn’t have the evidence to proceed. Can you support that statement?
What evidence am I supposed to show you if you believe the police by default? How am I suppose to have this evidence if I'm not working the case?

It's a discussion board, it's my opinion that they botched the case seeing as police don't fucking hesitate to book a black man for any reason.

But you know that, you're just being pedantic

stop sealioning me bro, I don't need any actual evidence to substantiate a claim, its a discussion board

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6465 on: March 29, 2019, 12:00:23 PM »
You keep moving the goal posts. You claimed they didn’t have the evidence to proceed. Can you support that statement?
What evidence am I supposed to show you if you believe the police by default? How am I suppose to have this evidence if I'm not working the case?

It's a discussion board, it's my opinion that they botched the case seeing as police don't fucking hesitate to book a black man for any reason.

But you know that, you're just being pedantic

stop sealioning me bro, I don't need any actual evidence to substantiate a claim, its a discussion board

is this good faith debate?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6466 on: March 29, 2019, 12:03:57 PM »
It's not just that they cover the women up. They were more covered up in Mortal Kombat X, but their designs still had personality.

It sucks. I even remember people applauding nrs for toning it down with MKX. It seemed like a good sweetspot between cheesecake and believability. There was no good reason to tone it down to a level where they appear to be scared if showing any kind of female skin.

Boredfrom

« Reply #6467 on: March 29, 2019, 12:04:31 PM »
It seems more and more likely he got off because he is rich and his family are friends with the state attorney that pulled a Trump in “recusing but not really” from the case.

Boredfrom

« Reply #6468 on: March 29, 2019, 12:10:24 PM »
I see where the SA Office is being looked at but clearly the anger and the focus isn't there, it's on Jussie.

We will see how this continues to develop and how attitudes will change.

Why the fuck people should care about what Jussie feels? The fucker wanted the attention and he got it.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #6469 on: March 29, 2019, 12:13:09 PM »
I can't even be mad anymore if he did fake it.

By walking the dude exposed just how much more motivated white folks get when it's a black man who got away.

No worries, we all knew your morality was flexible depending on your agenda.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-charges-dropped-in-case-against-jussie-smollett-see-staff-post.107729/post-19344807

:dead

And not yet warned?

:confused
sigh

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6470 on: March 29, 2019, 12:16:27 PM »
Jussie got off because of realpolitik, no more nor less.

I can't even be mad about it because there are dudes rotting in prison while appeal after appeal get rejected for crimes they blatantly didn't do.

I like how people are still using the "think of the real hate crime victims" when it's been proven time and time again that Republicans would never believe them

Hell, even on "progressive" "enlightened" Era when someone makes a topic about a racist moment they went through, Era doesn't believe them.

Just admit that you want the uppity Negro in jail alread

Yeah, people question the accuracy of a narrative where a couple of MAGA hat wearing dudes were loitering in freezing temperatures for almost an hour to slightly rough up a dude who is such An Hero he managed to beat both of them off and not even drop his sandwich doing so.

Like people also question the accuracy of a narrative where a dude has an hour and a half to kill before the library opens, and decides to park right outside a kids daycare centre and eyeball the people going in, and then after nothing happening the sultry latinx almost throws herself at that dude telling him what An Hero he is for being able to withstand being asked why the fuck hes loitering outside a daycare.

Its almost like stories that seem fishy get questioned :idont

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #6471 on: March 29, 2019, 12:18:20 PM »
Y'all can't even fucking respond to the claim without internet buzzwords.

Pssst!  Digital Op is referring to "whoutaboutism" "hypocrisy" "logical fallacy" and "evidence"
sigh

Boredfrom

« Reply #6472 on: March 29, 2019, 12:18:28 PM »
No worries, we all knew your morality was flexible depending on your agenda.

You could say that about RE in general, though.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6473 on: March 29, 2019, 12:24:25 PM »
Its pretty clear just how full of shit the usual suspects are on era, when they were dogging that covington kid - who literally did nothing illegal - for fucking weeks

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6474 on: March 29, 2019, 12:25:06 PM »
RE really is a baffling place.

A video game forum that thinks of themselves as the vanguard of progressiveness and liberalism that nonetheless literally makes the same arguments Jack Thompson made about MK 25 years ago and consistently hopes for Soviet era Russian crackdowns on anyone they disagree with, while anyone that disagrees with whatever their groupthink is at the moment (as it frequently changes, sometimes doing a 180 and everyone acts like that's what they always thought) being called, literally, Russian spies.

They're also signing up en masse to get banned because a bunch of other people are doing it too :idont

Boredfrom

« Reply #6475 on: March 29, 2019, 12:29:31 PM »
Its pretty clear just how full of shit the usual suspects are on era, when they were dogging that covington kid - who literally did nothing illegal - for fucking weeks

They are fucking dicks, though. And pretty willingly to ride the media attention they got. Just like Jussie and Trump.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6476 on: March 29, 2019, 12:33:48 PM »
They are fucking dicks, though. And pretty willingly to ride the media attention they got. Just like Jussie and Trump.

I mean, yeah, going to an anti-abortion rally as a dude who cant even legally have sex yet seems like a dick move to me, but I don't think that kid who became "the new face of evil" was looking for media attention in the first place, or was coasting on the attention he did get outside of a PR damage control interview.
Like... you don't see him as a pundit on fox news or any shit. Doesn't seem like he was looking to be a household name, unlike Smollett and Trump.

Propagandhim

« Reply #6477 on: March 29, 2019, 12:34:26 PM »

Do you know how many people of color get booked by the police for doing nothing illegal?  For weeks?  Weeks of booking?  At this point, I'm glad that kid was mistakenly put through the ringer to expose how upset white people get over what black people have been dealing with for centuries.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6478 on: March 29, 2019, 12:37:01 PM »

It sucks. I even remember people applauding nrs for toning it down with MKX. It seemed like a good sweetspot between cheesecake and believability. There was no good reason to tone it down to a level where they appear to be scared if showing any kind of female skin.

Wouldn't want to offend anyone with anything "gross!"

ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #6479 on: March 29, 2019, 12:41:03 PM »

Wouldn't want to offend anyone with anything "gross!"

Holy shit.