Author Topic: Soulsborne games thread  (Read 3680 times)

Glen

• Comin up as a cracker in the cash game, livin in the fast lane, Iím for real
Re: Soulsborne games thread
« Reply #360 on: May 15, 2019, 08:37:14 PM »
Hemwick Charnel Lane is one of the coolest looking video game levels ever.

Cindi Mayweather

• Cock is great. Pussy is also great. Titties are fantastic. Booty is a religion.
« Reply #361 on: May 15, 2019, 11:53:25 PM »
Holy fuck

Cainhurst and Upper Cathedral done. Iíll do Nightmare Frontier tomorrow. Whenís a good time to do the dlc?

Cainhurst might be my favorite locale in the game.

Glen

« Reply #362 on: May 16, 2019, 02:13:55 AM »
Did you take down Ebrietas?

Premium Lager

• Surviving G. Shinobi
« Reply #363 on: May 16, 2019, 02:28:20 AM »
Iron Golem is down, what an easy fight with Lightning Spear.

Wish I could upgrade it, but getting rank 2 in the convent seems a right ole hassle

Bebpo

« Reply #364 on: May 16, 2019, 04:45:43 AM »
Holy fuck

Cainhurst and Upper Cathedral done. Iíll do Nightmare Frontier tomorrow. Whenís a good time to do the dlc?

Cainhurst might be my favorite locale in the game.

Cainhurst is really great atmosphere.

You can do the dlc now but idk how challenging itíd be since itís available mid-game and youíre endgame build. Idk I never played the dlc on normal stats, only NG+ where it was very challenging.

Borys

• CAPTAIN OF XBOX DEATH SQUAD
« Reply #365 on: May 16, 2019, 12:17:56 PM »
We will never get BB2 or (proper, horror themed) Demon's Souls 2, won't we?

*sigh*

Don Rumata

« Reply #366 on: May 16, 2019, 01:26:29 PM »
We will never get BB2 or (proper, horror themed) Demon's Souls 2, won't we?

*sigh*
Why would you think that? BB2 is the best card Sony can play when they need some "gamer cred", so they're not gonna squander it by releasing it a couple of years after the first one, on PS4, when they're already on top of the pile.

They'll cocktease people some more, and drop it on PS5 when needed.

Demon's Souls 2 on the other hand would be pointless, the world is basically Dark Souls and you got already 3 of those.

Premium Lager

• Surviving G. Shinobi
« Reply #367 on: May 16, 2019, 03:27:37 PM »
I really hope we will. Just playing DS1 now and thinking how much mlre atmospheric BB (and DS) were. BB is like a whole other level

Glen

« Reply #368 on: May 16, 2019, 04:11:01 PM »
I wasn't a huge fan of Demons Souls. I played up to Tower of Latria and tapped out. Dark Souls just seemed like an upgrade in every way.

Premium Lager

• Surviving G. Shinobi
« Reply #369 on: May 16, 2019, 05:07:01 PM »
Had to do some mix and matching to get medium roll.

Gargoyle Helm
Crimson Robe
Dark Iron Legs and Arms

Cindi Mayweather

• Cock is great. Pussy is also great. Titties are fantastic. Booty is a religion.
« Reply #370 on: May 16, 2019, 07:09:18 PM »
Playing these games for a few weeks has completely dulled my fighting game reflexes.

God dammit.

:beli

naff

• god is dead. satan lives. the year is 1.
« Reply #371 on: May 16, 2019, 08:18:53 PM »

idk how people stomach med roll in DkS1. i die so much more without speed roll. i'd rather play naked  :doge
(_,_)

Glen

« Reply #372 on: May 16, 2019, 08:51:51 PM »
Fashion Souls :lawd

Glen

« Reply #373 on: May 16, 2019, 10:01:18 PM »
I need to see if there's still any DS3 PvP scene going. PvP was always my true passion in that game. I had some terrific Saturdays just hanging out at the fight club outside Pontiff's for hours.

Premium Lager

• Surviving G. Shinobi
« Reply #374 on: May 17, 2019, 12:30:02 AM »

idk how people stomach med roll in DkS1. i die so much more without speed roll. i'd rather play naked  :doge

Well u get some poise in return so u can actually block stuff too

Borys

« Reply #375 on: May 17, 2019, 02:54:08 AM »

Mid roll is fine. You still roll through everything and have that added armor for times when they clip you.

Fat roll :nah this is for challenge runs.

Don Rumata

« Reply #376 on: May 17, 2019, 07:25:12 AM »
Everything is so slow in DkS1, that fast Rolling is really great, but yeah a bit of poise for when you encounter some questionable hitboxes, is always good.
I still rolled a 0 poise, DEX character though, with little to no trouble, because again, everyone is so fucking slow compared to the sequels.

That slow speed is why i love it (and Demon's) so much though.

Premium Lager

• Surviving G. Shinobi
« Reply #377 on: May 17, 2019, 09:45:34 AM »
Smoug and Ornstein

4 tries solo so far, was trying loghtning strike smoug first, ha one hit left

:ltg

Don Rumata

« Reply #378 on: May 17, 2019, 11:19:20 AM »
Smoug and Ornstein

You're doing Dex build or Faith build? either way, it's time to put the Lightning Spear to pasture, if you were still using that.
Last run i did a couple of weeks back (the one i mentioned above) i killed them real easy with a Uchi +15, elemental damage in this game already isn't great, but then you factor in that they are lightning resistant.

Also yes,
O&S minor spoiler
killing Orn. first is the easy way to go (though you don't get his cool as shit armor), because you can kite him away from Smough and he goes down fast, and lightning Smough is still easier than super Orn.

Glen

« Reply #379 on: May 17, 2019, 02:15:57 PM »
Decided to play around with an Arcane build for the first time. I'm just going to dupe to get through the very early game, but then play normally after that.

Might do a Bloodtinge build too at some point.

Premium Lager

• Surviving G. Shinobi
« Reply #380 on: May 17, 2019, 02:42:38 PM »
Fuck me

Not only is there two fucking huge knights in front of orny and smoug, ive also been invaded 3 times by some ass

Bebpo

« Reply #381 on: May 17, 2019, 02:56:37 PM »
Fwiw, Smog & Ornestein are kinda legendary DS choke points, so it's not just you.

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #382 on: May 17, 2019, 03:02:05 PM »

Found this after Glen mentioned it.

In Nightmare mensis and getting some items (want blood rock) before doing dlc.

Canít believe the journey is almost over. :(

Nemsis design is incredible.

Don Rumata

« Reply #383 on: May 17, 2019, 03:19:48 PM »
Ebrietas is such a shit fight, but awesome music.

Bebpo

« Reply #384 on: May 17, 2019, 03:46:11 PM »
Ebrietas is a lore fight

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #385 on: May 17, 2019, 04:09:54 PM »
is ebrietas the baby that was born once the moon turned red

Bebpo

« Reply #386 on: May 17, 2019, 04:30:19 PM »
Nope

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #387 on: May 17, 2019, 08:20:35 PM »
Reposted from Sekiro thread

Now that Iím at the end of BB I can say without a doubt that it is 100 times the game Sekiro is. Sekiro is good but...not nearly as good as BB. Combat, dungeon design, level design, variety, choices, customization, BB has it all. Sekiro is boring in comparison and I love Sekiro.

Sekiro might go down as goty for me, but Bloodborne is gotg. Amazing how much better BB is to me.

Either way, From is my favorite developer this gen. Havenít played DkS3 yet but I have confidence theyíll remain in that camp unless Nintendo manages to top them (please announce new switch).

SEE WHAT GIVING THINGS ANOTHER CHANCE DOES?! Fuck the negativity on page one  :maf

Iím addicted to this formula now. Canít wait for DkS1.

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #388 on: May 17, 2019, 08:53:24 PM »
They really nailed what I love in my RPGs. I have tng played an rpg that tickles the buttons since...Iím really thinking here. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate? SMT4? Both almost released almost a decade ago. Oh, how Iíve suffered! And then I walk into Nemsis and take massive damage via frenzy just stepping into the light. Hardcore dungeon crawl shit. :rock I swear itís straight out of SMT3ís Amala Labyrinth. I need actual dungeon crawling in my life to be satiated it seems. Going to give the EO games another shot. They never clicked as much as SMT did. I love me some crawliní but when your story and atmosphere are THAT barebones itís hard to interest me. I need more than crawlin. I need some themes, symbolism, story. That said I like EO, so Iíll buy the whole series and go through them. I should replay Lufia II. :doge

What shocks me is how successful From has succeeded in translating the feel of a hardcore dungeon crawler like Wizardry and SMT into a third person action rpg. Bah gawd.

DUNGEON CRAWL SHIT *laser eyes*

Bebpo

« Reply #389 on: May 17, 2019, 09:28:32 PM »
Yeah, I can see Dark Souls/BB being comparable to dungeon crawlers. Taking it slow & careful, watching item/health/mp management, that sense of dread never knowing what's ahead that could fuck you in an instant if you're not careful.

Glen

« Reply #390 on: May 17, 2019, 09:53:36 PM »
EO is pedo trash.

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #391 on: May 17, 2019, 09:59:02 PM »
EO is pedo trash.

EO is good. Its character portraits are cute but yeah, it does have a pedo audience. But the actual games are good.

naff

« Reply #392 on: May 18, 2019, 12:50:00 AM »

Mid roll is fine. You still roll through everything and have that added armor for times when they clip you.

Fat roll :nah this is for challenge runs.

trading speed for 10-15% effective vit seems bad.

vid is dark souls 3, but damage calculation and defense work more or less the same in DkS1 and 3. iirc, there's some small differences in 2. you're so much faster in DkS1 under 25% vs 3 where under 30% is barely perceptibly faster than under 70 (mostly animation differences).

(_,_)

Premium Lager

• Surviving G. Shinobi
« Reply #393 on: May 18, 2019, 12:59:23 AM »
So what u mean is that Ornt is spanking me because I have mid roll?

Premium Lager

• Surviving G. Shinobi
« Reply #394 on: May 18, 2019, 12:59:56 AM »
Smoug and Ornstein

You're doing Dex build or Faith build? either way, it's time to put the Lightning Spear to pasture, if you were still using that.
Last run i did a couple of weeks back (the one i mentioned above) i killed them real easy with a Uchi +15, elemental damage in this game already isn't great, but then you factor in that they are lightning resistant.

Also yes,
O&S minor spoiler
killing Orn. first is the easy way to go (though you don't get his cool as shit armor), because you can kite him away from Smough and he goes down fast, and lightning Smough is still easier than super Orn.

Faith

naff

« Reply #395 on: May 18, 2019, 01:20:07 AM »
So what u mean is that Ornt is spanking me because I have mid roll?

prob not. i dont think it'll be helping tho.

could be any number of reasons, but evasion is the name of the game so improving that seems good. if you're trying to use reg lightning spear on these dudes, no melee, you be getting crushed. if you're pure faith you want to get a buff miracle for your wep asap (or imbue with green titanite) go get better miracles (hit catacombs and save the monk woman), emit force, wrath of the gods, greater lightning spear (even though they're lightning resistant you should do a fair bit of dmg with gls).

gotta kill smough first for ornsteins armour. it's the real guy way to play that fight.
(_,_)

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #396 on: May 18, 2019, 02:16:05 AM »
MIKOLASH

Premium Lager

• Surviving G. Shinobi
« Reply #397 on: May 18, 2019, 02:30:09 AM »
Smough isnt lightning resistant, i got him down to like 1% with Lightning spear while dodging orny.

My mace is +10 now

I feel that maybe if I had Solaire along I could kill them but when u summon solaire u need to fight those two giants first as he wont follow u into the fight otherwise it seems.

Also need to be offline so I dont get invaded again.

shosta

• enfant misťrable
« Reply #398 on: May 18, 2019, 02:31:40 AM »
Ah, Kos. Or as some say, Kazaam!

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #399 on: May 18, 2019, 02:45:06 AM »
Kos or KOSM!

Or...

KOSMA! :o

NOW THAT IM WAKING UP IíLL FORGET EVERYTHING :bow THIS GAME

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #400 on: May 18, 2019, 02:56:59 AM »

Borys

« Reply #401 on: May 18, 2019, 04:00:03 AM »
Kos or KOSM!

Or...

KOSMA! :o

NOW THAT IM WAKING UP I’LL FORGET EVERYTHING :bow THIS GAME

The real Kosma (DLC) will FUKKK U UP!!! :ussrcry
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 02:55:57 PM by Borys »

Svejk

« Reply #402 on: May 18, 2019, 01:19:45 PM »
Wrapped up the Undead Settlement; making short work of that mini Boreal frost knight and that large fire demon thing, and beat the Curse-Rotted Greatwood.  It took me a about 3 tries, but wasn't too difficult overall.   Onward to Road of Sacrifices.  This game is freakin' fantastic so far.  I don't know why I sat on this game for so long. (Been in my backlog for almost a year).   :-[
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 01:31:15 PM by Svejk »

Glen

« Reply #403 on: May 18, 2019, 01:40:23 PM »
Wrapped up the Undead Settlement; making short work of that mini Boreal frost knight and that large fire demon thing, and beat the Curse-Rotted Greatwood.  It took me a about 3 tries, but wasn't too difficult overall.   Onward to Road of Sacrifices.  This game is freakin' fantastic so far.  I don't know why I sat on this game for so long. (Been in my backlog for almost a year).   :-[

Itís a GOTG contender.

I still need to beat the DLC.

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #404 on: May 18, 2019, 01:41:56 PM »
TYING GESTURE TO TOUCHPAD IS FUCKING STUPID.

Fuck this generation and its awful controllers!

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #405 on: May 18, 2019, 03:18:47 PM »
so bloodborne ties gestures to touchpad right? Well my current pad doesn't really have a working, traditional ps4 touchpad. There's a part in bloodborne where you have to use a gesture on an enemy to get a super good rune. You cannot hit gestures from the main menu, you can only do so from the gesture menu hidden behind the touch pad. I think it's a flaw tying a feature like that behind the touchpad. Is that a legitimate criticism or am I jjust pissed that I don't have a working ps4 controller? In dark souls you can hit gestures from the main menu so it's hard for me to not consider it completely distinguished mentally-challenged fellowed. Am I over blowing this?

shosta

• enfant misťrable
« Reply #406 on: May 18, 2019, 03:30:54 PM »
you're just pissed you have a broken controller

Glen

« Reply #407 on: May 18, 2019, 03:53:38 PM »
Which enemy and rune is that? I didn't even know about this.

Btw Arcane is outstanding once you get past BSB and can grab a fire gem. BSB is easy, so it's really Gascoigne who's the roadblock with the build, since your early damage sucks compared to Str/Sk builds.

With the fire gem, Amelia goes down easy. Then you can rush the forest to get Beast Roar and the Tonsil Stone, rush to the clinic via backdoor to get the Cainhurst summons, and rush Hemwick to Cainhurst to get the Executioner gloves.

At this point, you can start to wreck shit, and you can go back and clean up the areas you rushed. I took down Fire Doggo by spamming Executioner Gloves. Just keep pumping Arcane. Ludwig's works really well as a non-elemental since it has B scaling with Arcane.

Later I want to do Bloodtinge. Probably want to do it much the same, but rush Cainhurst for the Evelyn.

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #408 on: May 18, 2019, 04:14:11 PM »
Moon rune, brain of Mensis

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #409 on: May 18, 2019, 04:45:24 PM »
Bought new DS4.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 05:02:58 PM by Cindi Mayweather »

Glen

« Reply #410 on: May 18, 2019, 08:09:25 PM »
Auger of Ebretias plus my arcane gem Hunterís Axe utterly destroyed Pthumerian Descendant. Beast Roar also knocks him on his ass.

One tricky thing about playing Arcane is you have to be tactical with your blood bullet game. But itís not too hard, since any build will need to get familiar with creating space for healing.

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #411 on: May 18, 2019, 08:42:30 PM »
I donít recognize any of that shit. Seems to be shit I ignored because I canít use it.

Glen

« Reply #412 on: May 18, 2019, 10:23:40 PM »
Theyíre Hunters Tools. Most have an Arcane stat requirement that requires you to put a few points in, and the ones that do damage scale with the stat. They consume blood bullets.

Hunterís Bone enhances your dodge, and it made Undead Giant (chain version) way easier.

Glen

« Reply #413 on: May 18, 2019, 10:40:38 PM »
Just tried Chalice Rom at level 60 and got one-shotted  :lol

Iíll be back for that one.

Svejk

« Reply #414 on: May 19, 2019, 02:23:59 AM »
Fuck those big ass crabs!  :ltg

Bebpo

« Reply #415 on: May 19, 2019, 03:03:28 AM »
Theyíre Hunters Tools. Most have an Arcane stat requirement that requires you to put a few points in, and the ones that do damage scale with the stat. They consume blood bullets.

Hunterís Bone enhances your dodge, and it made Undead Giant (chain version) way easier.

Yeah I donít think I used any of them outside the bone giving more iframes in your dodge.

Svejk

« Reply #416 on: May 19, 2019, 03:58:32 AM »
Defeated the Crystal Sage in Road of Sacrifices easy enough.  Now, not sure whether to pursue Farron Keep or Cathedral of the Deep.  Love the branching path.  The fasion soules bug is starting to itch too.  This game, man.   :whew

Don Rumata

« Reply #417 on: May 19, 2019, 08:00:19 AM »
Defeated the Crystal Sage in Road of Sacrifices easy enough.  Now, not sure whether to pursue Farron Keep or Cathedral of the Deep.  Love the branching path.  The fasion soules bug is starting to itch too.  This game, man.   :whew
I suggest you clean up farron keep, since it's full of goodies, but then do the cathedral, before continuing down that path.

Premium Lager

• Surviving G. Shinobi
« Reply #418 on: May 19, 2019, 08:19:00 AM »
Killed orny twice and got smough down to 50

Borys

« Reply #419 on: May 19, 2019, 08:21:22 AM »

Cathedral of the Deep is sogood.gif