Author Topic: Soulsborne games thread - Demon's Souls PS5  (Read 82867 times)

Himu

Re: Soulsborne games thread
« Reply #420 on: July 11, 2019, 07:38:27 PM »
Yeah you can cheese her with just charge.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #421 on: July 11, 2019, 09:10:26 PM »
Maria and the living whatever were easy af. Thank god after Ludwig.

Yeah I beat Maria on the first try too.

She has a fanbase because she looks like a DMC 1 on 1 boss fight but they needed to make her tougher.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #422 on: July 12, 2019, 01:23:36 AM »
lobos beat 3x Marias at the same time on modded Bloodborne. Crazy fight.
That and 3x Friede took him several hours, but it was crazy to witness.

Himu

« Reply #423 on: July 12, 2019, 09:51:15 AM »
Link if anyone is interested:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/439920809?t=06h25m40s

Lobos vs 3x Lady Maria after some 4 to 5 hours of trying and failing.

This is wack playing.

Just waiting for the parry. Dude even managed to make fighting three of them at once boring as fuck. Uses zero in the way of space control and tactics such as trades.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #424 on: July 12, 2019, 12:14:34 PM »

:brazilcry :stop
IYKYK

paprikastaude

« Reply #425 on: July 12, 2019, 12:24:11 PM »
No idea where that Maria hype came from. Looks almost like a regular hunter NPC, but has a few glowing attacks down the line. Okay?  :whatsthedeal

Himu

« Reply #426 on: July 12, 2019, 12:25:28 PM »
No idea where that Maria hype came from. Looks almost like a regular NPC hunter, but has a few glowing attacks down the line. Okay?  :whatsthedeal

Same
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #427 on: July 12, 2019, 08:57:32 PM »
Don't forget Maria was also the cover of the expansion (including the physical release):

Should've made it a harder fight so it's more memorable.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #428 on: July 13, 2019, 09:49:19 AM »
No idea where that Maria hype came from. Looks almost like a regular hunter NPC, but has a few glowing attacks down the line. Okay?  :whatsthedeal
It just has all of the anime badass trappings in her design and attitude.
I think that's all there is to it.

Svejk

« Reply #429 on: July 13, 2019, 12:19:16 PM »
Defeated the Nameless King and Champion Gundyr, and just got to Archdragon Peak.  Nameless King wasn't too difficult what with his wide legged hitbox.  Champion Gundyr though... That thing was pretty damn aggressive.  He beat me twice, and on the third time, a summon appeared before the fog, so I said eff it and summoned someone called Gundyr Slayer...  Motherfucker hit Gundyr once or twice.. then he got hit once and got half his hp knocked off, so then he decided to run to a corner and let me fight him alone... Got Gundyr down to about 20% of his hp before he got me again.  What a total bitch.  Just did it myself after next round.  ::)

paprikastaude

« Reply #430 on: July 13, 2019, 01:17:21 PM »

Himu

« Reply #431 on: July 13, 2019, 01:29:42 PM »
Link if anyone is interested:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/439920809?t=06h25m40s

Lobos vs 3x Lady Maria after some 4 to 5 hours of trying and failing.

This is wack playing.

Just waiting for the parry. Dude even managed to make fighting three of them at once boring as fuck. Uses zero in the way of space control and tactics such as trades.

What a dumb critique. Then you do it yourself.

Nope. You don't see me waiting for the parry. Hit, hit, read, parry. Waiting for the parry? ZZZ.
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #432 on: July 13, 2019, 01:37:31 PM »
That's quite a feat, Svejk, because Nameless King is scored as one of the toughest if not *the* toughest boss fight in DS3 with no DLCs. Hardest than the final boss even.

Wait a muthafuckin' second.................. you just got to the Archdragon Peak? Like just arrived there?

Then that's not Nameless King you fought :lol :rofl
  :lol  I'm an idiot.  I meant Consumed King.  My B... Was just reading about the Nameless King and got mixed up.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 01:44:46 PM by Svejk »

Himu

« Reply #433 on: July 14, 2019, 02:04:33 AM »
Orphan of Kos is easy as shit. Knocking that zombie boy even deader.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #434 on: July 14, 2019, 12:51:45 PM »

:o

Svejk

« Reply #435 on: July 20, 2019, 02:35:34 PM »
After 41 attempts, Nameless King is down!   :whew

Bebpo

« Reply #436 on: July 20, 2019, 02:39:10 PM »
Damn, congrats

Himu

« Reply #437 on: July 20, 2019, 03:57:10 PM »

First form is easy, almost got his second form the first night. Been busy the rest of the week. Will have to dedicate time to beat him. He's not bad, just his damage output is so obscene and moveset is absurd.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #438 on: July 20, 2019, 04:54:01 PM »

First form is easy, almost got his second form the first night. Been busy the rest of the week. Will have to dedicate time to beat him. He's not bad, just his damage output is so obscene and moveset is absurd.

So in other words, he's tough.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #439 on: July 21, 2019, 10:51:33 AM »
Got me angry enough to buy a month of Playstation Plus for coop. Found out it's basically impossible to get people to join there. Ended up beating him on my own anyways.

Svejk

« Reply #440 on: July 22, 2019, 09:11:58 AM »
Made it to the Grand Archives.  Man this game just keeps on going! 

I have one minor gripe that annoys me (there's a several actually, but I've learned to look past them mostly).  The ambient noise with the breathing is in like 99% of the enclosed areas in DS3.  It's freaky and cool, but come on... I'm sure they could've done more variety in that department.  There's one other sound riff that plays ONLY in the sewer area of the Undead Settlement (from what I've found) where you can hear this subtle, but sinister like whispers from some lady.  it sound so creepy and awesome and wish they could've used it more often throughout...  Or just have alot more of such atmospheric sounds.  It's that important, imo.  With such variety in locales, they totally failed in the variety of sound. 

Himu

« Reply #441 on: July 27, 2019, 03:33:09 AM »
Boss is bullshit. Grinding for health next time I play. Cheap mother fucker. This boss honestly makes me never want to buy another From DLC ever again tbh.

IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #442 on: July 27, 2019, 03:36:15 AM »
Orphan of Kos is easy as shit.

Edit: Git gud, scrub.

Himu

« Reply #443 on: July 27, 2019, 03:46:24 AM »
The thing is, he IS easy. Unless he gets a random hit. Did I look like I was struggling? One bad move, a knockdown, and bam. Dead. It’s BS.
IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #444 on: July 27, 2019, 04:49:25 AM »
Kos isn't "easy".
Dragon Rider is easy, he could 1 shot you, and he'd still be easy, because he has like 3 moves and they're all very slow and predictable.

Besides, damage output being what it is, it's a standard for most of their bosses, even Owl in Sekiro would be a simple boss (he has like 5 attacks) if it wasn't that every attack does 70% damage to health/posture.
But that makes it not "easy", just simple.

Bebpo

« Reply #445 on: July 27, 2019, 04:53:45 AM »
The thing is, he IS easy. Unless he gets a random hit. Did I look like I was struggling? One bad move, a knockdown, and bam. Dead. It’s BS.

To be fair he is the hardest boss in the game and the ultimate final dlc end boss, so yeah it’s a challenge.

Honestly I struggled at first but got the hang of it and felt like a DMC3 vergil kinda fight and I really liked it by the time I beat it. Always felt like I was making progress.

At least the main game final boss will easy for you after your training on Kos. It’s actually a pretty tough fight pre-DLC.

Himu

« Reply #446 on: July 27, 2019, 08:10:08 AM »
Just because the boss is designed to be a challenge doesn’t make it a well designed fight.
IYKYK

paprikastaude

« Reply #447 on: July 27, 2019, 10:07:52 AM »
kos tears :phil

Svejk

« Reply #448 on: July 28, 2019, 04:05:59 AM »
Finally beat DS3! (Vanilla)  The twin princes and the Lord of Cinder were not as difficult as Nameless King, that's for sure... Not much of an ending either.  :doge

Overall though, this game was amazing.  I've been truly missing out on these games.  Tbph, I don't think I would ever go back and play DeS, DS1, or finish DS2.  If I were to continue, it would either be Bloodborne or Sekiro.  For the time being, I need a break from this. 
Never thought I'd beat a Souls game though.  :). Praise that muthafuckin sun, son!

Bebpo

« Reply #449 on: July 28, 2019, 04:10:05 AM »
Eh, if you don't mind slightly worse graphics, the old games have basically the exact same gameplay & level design and hold up 99%. Since it seems liked you really enjoyed DS3, I think you should play DS1 at some point and maybe DS2 (I like DS2 even if it's a little worse than 1/3).

But yeah, you can't go wrong with Bloodborne next either. Sekiro is kinda different experience.

Svejk

« Reply #450 on: July 28, 2019, 11:37:27 AM »
Since I already have BB, it may be the next one I jump on.  I got to the 2nd primal bonfire in DS2(SotFS), but stopped there and never went back.  I may reconsider finishing that later too. 

As for the prior games, I tend be a fair weather graphics whore, so it may be difficult for me to go back and play DS1 or 2. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 10:47:39 AM by Svejk »

Bebpo

« Reply #451 on: July 28, 2019, 01:03:17 PM »
For what it's worth, most people dislike DS2 so I wouldn't use it as a judge of DS1. DS2 was made by a different team than DS1/3/Bloodborne/Sekiro.

Himu

« Reply #452 on: July 28, 2019, 07:58:19 PM »

Bitch ass orphan mother fucker.
IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #453 on: July 29, 2019, 03:02:43 PM »

Himu

« Reply #454 on: August 03, 2019, 03:11:15 AM »
Forgot to upload this the other day. Been playing fgs the whole week so I haven't gotten to the final boss but I'll try it tomorrow after or before EVO. :)

Laurence was pretty easy. Third form is retardo whack ass shit though.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 03:18:45 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #455 on: August 03, 2019, 02:41:30 PM »
Started BB last night. (Around 4:30am!).
And seriously?!  DS3 used the same damn ambient sound asset from BB?  Really From?   :juicy. I don't know if I can handle another 70 hours of that sound. :goty

Himu

« Reply #456 on: August 03, 2019, 04:57:40 PM »
“Beat” BB. Holy fuck.

Now time to beat it for real thanks to a backup save.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #457 on: August 03, 2019, 05:28:41 PM »
Started BB last night. (Around 4:30am!).

Everyone knows the proper time to start Bloodborne is during the blood moon.

Himu

« Reply #458 on: August 03, 2019, 05:42:06 PM »
Beat BB.

What the Christ.

:notlikethis
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #459 on: August 03, 2019, 06:25:49 PM »

Playing NG+ and already addicted again. Holy fuck this formula is genius. I fought BSB and it’s so much harder and more fun than in NG.

Now time for DkS1.
IYKYK

Himu

Re: Soulsborne games thread (Svjek beat DS3, Cindi beat BB)
« Reply #460 on: August 03, 2019, 06:46:00 PM »
Fun af.

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #461 on: August 03, 2019, 07:08:51 PM »
Already made it to cathedral ward.

Got damn these games are replayable af aren’t they.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #462 on: August 03, 2019, 10:10:29 PM »
That they are!

Himu

« Reply #463 on: August 04, 2019, 12:18:19 PM »
This game is even better the second time.

Took out BSB on first try. I was stuck on him for hours the first go around so to kick his ass the first try without using one antidote is sweet justice ye ugly poison bastard.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #464 on: August 06, 2019, 02:46:02 PM »
elden ring most anticipated game <3

stole svjek's avvy <3
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #465 on: August 06, 2019, 05:58:00 PM »

Great beginners guide to BL4.
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #466 on: August 06, 2019, 06:02:48 PM »
elden ring most anticipated game <3

stole svejk's avvy <3
You're welcome   :)

Pretty much how I felt after finishing DS3.  LOVE that character design!  I've been reading up on the differences in BB and getting mentally prepped for it this weekend.  Since these games are somewhat elusive with their stories and lore, I've been making my own kinda.. Since my character in DS3 looks similar to the one I made in BB, I'm saying she rested at the last flame in DS3, then awoke in the Victorian style era of BB..  I know, super nerdy.

Seriously though, I want to thank all of ya'll for making this thread.. It's what inspired me to take on a Souls game finally.  I look forward to playing some more!  BB is next!  :hyper
 :salute

Himu

« Reply #467 on: August 09, 2019, 02:27:12 PM »

I enjoy this game even more on my replay because I'm catching story bits I didn't notice before. Saw the tragedy of Gascoigne and searched it on youtube and found this fantastic video.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #468 on: August 10, 2019, 12:45:32 AM »

this madman
IYKYK

Coax

« Reply #469 on: August 12, 2019, 12:59:33 PM »

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #470 on: September 16, 2019, 09:11:43 PM »
So I've finished and Soloed Bloodbourne. I thought it was fucking brilliant. I tried Dark Souls 1 but it was too slow. My son recommended I go after Dark Souls 3 as it's the best in the series. I've gotten a ways in and it's really hard to play after an admittedly superior BB.  There's a lot of foibles in Dark Souls, and at times it feels willfully obtuse, more than once my kid will be like "Oh yeah, did you do this x way?" I was more than once like "How the fuck was I supposed to know that?" Like I had a hard time with the abyss watchers and my kid was like "Oh your weight ratio is too high. Try this instead." Sure enough about 3 tries later it was done. There was nothing in the game to tell me above a certain point I'd start rolling slower.

Also as everyone says this game is hard but really if you're playing online I don't think anything's all that hard. Soloing stuff can be difficult. But still not as hard as BB. Actually soloing it so far shows me how easy this would be online. Still I will say so far the level design has been top notch. Way better so far than the last 2 shit levels of bloodbourne.

All this though makes me terrified of Sekiro. I don't think I have it in me to do that game. I don't think I have the reflexes/skill/patience necessary for it.
que

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #471 on: September 17, 2019, 08:16:34 AM »
So I've finished and Soloed Bloodbourne. I thought it was fucking brilliant. I tried Dark Souls 1 but it was too slow. My son recommended I go after Dark Souls 3 as it's the best in the series. I've gotten a ways in and it's really hard to play after an admittedly superior BB.  There's a lot of foibles in Dark Souls, and at times it feels willfully obtuse, more than once my kid will be like "Oh yeah, did you do this x way?" I was more than once like "How the fuck was I supposed to know that?" Like I had a hard time with the abyss watchers and my kid was like "Oh your weight ratio is too high. Try this instead." Sure enough about 3 tries later it was done. There was nothing in the game to tell me above a certain point I'd start rolling slower.

Also as everyone says this game is hard but really if you're playing online I don't think anything's all that hard. Soloing stuff can be difficult. But still not as hard as BB. Actually soloing it so far shows me how easy this would be online. Still I will say so far the level design has been top notch. Way better so far than the last 2 shit levels of bloodbourne.

All this though makes me terrified of Sekiro. I don't think I have it in me to do that game. I don't think I have the reflexes/skill/patience necessary for it.

I'm going between Far Cry New Dawn and DS3 right now.  I've never really played the DS/BB with a "tank" build (slow/heavy armor) so I'm trying that out along with the Pyromancer base.  It's been fun but man it is frustrating at points.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #472 on: September 17, 2019, 03:52:37 PM »

I would really, really like to know Sekiro sales numbers. How does it compare to DS3 or BB? They shut down sooooooooooooo many doors and pathways a Souls player can enjoy the game in Sekiro that I am really curious did it have any impact on sales or not? Sekiro = DEX build only. Not saying it is bad but to be the only way to play the game was... rather disappointing.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ E L D E N   R I N G
yeah I played the first few hours of Sekiro and I felt like there was just one way to beat the bosses and you'd have to die over and over until you got that. In Dark Souls 3 and lesser amount BB you could approach bosses many different ways. 
que

paprikastaude

« Reply #473 on: September 17, 2019, 04:01:29 PM »
:trumps it's a different game

Himu

« Reply #474 on: September 17, 2019, 04:01:56 PM »
Sekiro isn’t Soulsborne.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #475 on: September 17, 2019, 04:22:22 PM »
It is and it isn’t

Svejk

« Reply #476 on: October 21, 2019, 05:05:44 PM »
Since I finished Arkham Knight for my Halloweenish time game, I decided to give BB another try, seeing as it's still that time of year.  (I needed a break after DS3)  And ok, yeah...  I think I'm starting to get why this ranks so high up on the soulsborne list.  I'd be the first to admit, I really don't care much at all for Victorian era/Steampunk-ish themes; those being the main reasons I had it off my radar. (Castlevania being the exception) But starting to get into a unique souls groove with the fighting mechanics and I think I'm really starting to like it.  Granted, I'm still at the very beginning and proceeding with a bit of caution till I feel a bit more comfortable.  Need to adjust my shield button muscle memory. lol
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 08:44:43 PM by Svejk »

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #477 on: October 22, 2019, 01:34:56 PM »
Yeah, the spoopy season has totally put me in the mood to play Bloodbourne again. God that game is brilliant. But I know if I start it again it'll take me weeks to finish it.
que

Svejk

« Reply #478 on: October 27, 2019, 11:43:56 AM »
Got past the Cleric Beast in BB.  Geez that camera is so fucked on that part.  Could've been easier if it weren't for it.  I hope there aren't too many ultra narrow paths to fight large bosses in.   :doge

On the other hand, the level design so far is a bit brilliant.  So many branching paths and shortcuts.  Pretty awesome.

Svejk

« Reply #479 on: November 02, 2019, 10:38:00 AM »
Seems I cleared up most of the first (?) area.  Defeated Father Gascoigne relatively easily. (2nd try)  Really enjoying the shit out of this game right now.  Kinda ready for a change of scenery though... Everything looks the same... The whole game doesn't take place in this Yarnham town, does it?