Author Topic: E3 2019 Thread - Nintendevolver wins again, baybee!! 20 years in a row!!  (Read 90839 times)

Tasty

Re: E3 2019 Thread - Nintendevolver wins again, baybee!! 20 years in a row!!
« Reply #1380 on: June 19, 2019, 05:16:19 PM »
The G4 Icons ep on Psychonauts' development was really ambitious and may be the episode with the most raw information to glean about the game dev process. Really inspiring... Until you realize Psychonauts bombed. :doge

Himu

« Reply #1381 on: June 19, 2019, 05:17:59 PM »
The G4 Icons ep on Psychonauts' development was really ambitious and may be the episode with the most raw information to glean about the game dev process. Really inspiring... Until you realize Psychonauts bombed. :doge

It bombed relatively. At the time it bombed but since its release, thanks to word of mouth and steam, I’m not sure it’s a bomb anymore.
IYKYK

kingv

« Reply #1382 on: June 19, 2019, 05:20:31 PM »
Yeah, that game looked cool. Like a Star Trek dwarf fortress with actual graphics.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1383 on: June 19, 2019, 05:29:56 PM »
psychonauts should have been on gamecube! their biggest mistake!

Nintendo should have bought DF and made Psychonauts GameCube exclusive, now Microsoft has Rare and Double Fine. (Image removed from quote.)
Yup it's just a matter of time before Microsoft starts to wreck the studios they bought after 2 or 3 underperforming games from the new portfolio or some new ill fated innovation they want to push upends all development plans.
When people say: "That's the old Microsoft!" I kindly remind them that Crackdown 3 shipped this year and Conker HoloLens was announced just 3 years ago.
🤴

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #1384 on: June 19, 2019, 05:31:57 PM »
Doublefine’s only good game to my knowledge is Psychonauts so I just don’t really care they were bought. Was their point and click adventure good at least?

Psychonauts VR is a run of the mill adventure but it’s got the same humor as the first game.
serge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1385 on: June 19, 2019, 07:24:36 PM »
Jack Black & Tim Schafer fuck yesssssss

Brutal Legend. Which sucked ass.

Fuck you