Author Topic: Dumb News Stories: aka it's not really that funny but it's kinda amusing and  (Read 19616 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Dumb News Stories: aka it's not really that funny but it's kinda amusing and
« Reply #240 on: February 22, 2023, 02:44:03 AM »
With a nearly perfect 4.9/5.0 stars out of thousands of Google reviews, Gacek, an overweight black-and-white street cat, is the top-rated tourist attraction in the Polish city of Szczecin.

Szczecin, a medieval city in northwestern Poland, close to the border with Germany, has plenty to offer visitors. The Pomeranian Duke’s Castle and Kasprowicza Park are two of its most popular tourist attractions, but when it comes to online reviews, both pale in comparison with the city’s top-rated attraction, a fat cat named Gacek.
According to a local woman, Gacek first appeared on Kaszubska Street in downtown Szczecin about 10 years ago. He stuck around and people started taking a liking to him. Many of them also started feeding him, so from a skinny feline, he soon turned into a chunky boy, which only made him more adorable.

Gacek, whose name means ‘long-eared bat’ in Polish, has nearly 2,600 reviews on Google, more than any other attraction in Szczecin. Most of those who posted a review awarded the purring feline the maximum 5 stars, making him the top-rated tourist attraction in the city.

According to Notes From Poland, Gacek does have a few one-star reviews, mostly from people who criticize his caretaker or express worry about his weight, but overall, the cat’s reviews are stellar.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

benjipwns

Page Six hears that a serial pooper has been stalking the halls of the legendary Shubert Theater — and the last time they struck, a turd appeared in the aisle near Hillary and Chelsea Clinton at “Some Like It Hot.”

A source close to the show insists that it was a regrettable one-off incident.

But another source tells us that the theater’s staff said that the s–t’s (almost) hit the fans at other performances as well.

“Last week when Hillary and Chelsea Clinton were in the audience,” said a source, “the lights came up for intermission and there were two human turds in the aisle just near the famous political duo.”

The insider added, “The house crew dealt with it very appropriately and quickly, and Hillary and Chelsea remained in the theater for the second act.”

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
she's running

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
she's running

Hillary, Chelsea, or the pooper?
©@©™

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
she's running

Hillary, Chelsea, or the pooper?

Can you determine the sex of the pooper by testing the poop?
Margs

benjipwns

Potato

• Senior's Member
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/tigers/i-am-disappointed-tigers-defend-anzac-commemorative-jersey-with-nonaussie-soldiers-on-the-front/news-story/042a016bd2325111a35969b703a75f96

Wests Tigers have defended their use of a stock image of American soldiers on the front of their commemorative jersey for this year’s Anzac Round.

Eagle-eyed fans shared on social media photos of the new jersey which features two unidentified soldiers in a desert environment.

But based on the uniforms and weaponry pictured the soldiers are American, not Australian, which has seen the club come in for criticism.

However the Tigers worked with Holsworthy Army Barracks in Sydney to create the design and have the ANZAC elements approved, with the photo - available for sale - meant to broadly “depict the modern-day soldier serving in a desert environment”.

“They’re carrying an M240B machine gun where the Australians have I think it’s an F89 and a MAG58,” Paul Kent explained on NRL 360.

“It’s a stock image that the Tigers have put on there, I’ve spoken to them today. Basically they’ve told us what’s happened is ... they collaborated with Holsworthy Army Barracks who saw all this, endorsed it.

Big fucking Ls all round here
Spud

benjipwns

May 2 (UPI) -- A Michigan woman walking her dog on a trail said a pair of emus appeared from the woods and chased her for about half a mile.

Kate Buning said she and her dog, a pug mix, were walking on the Pere Marquette Rail Trail in North Bradley, northwest of Midland when a pair of emus suddenly appeared nearby.

Buning snapped a photo of the flightless Australian birds before they started walking toward her.

"I was terrified," Buning told MLive.

She said the emus followed as she retreated and became more aggressive, chasing her for about a half a mile. Buning said the emus gave up their pursuit when she arrived at a road access point.

Buning contacted the Midland County Sheriff's Office.

"There was no physical contact between the caller and the emus, so neither the caller or the emus were injured," Midland County Sheriff Myron Greene told WNEM-TV.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
One easy trick to get out of paying your bills.

https://twitter.com/ArkTimes/status/1653470625069973515

:usacry