Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 886317 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #11820 on: January 24, 2020, 11:10:37 PM »
Firstly, it's rifuckingdiculous that people are pointing to the racist transphobe vote as apparently the key to victory against Trump.

It's as big brain intellectual as Rogan and his guests so I guess that's fitting.

And secondly, why would you want to win based on a coalition with human excrement.

Would David Duke or Milo's fans be ok too. Jesus.
:lucille

benjipwns

« Reply #11821 on: January 24, 2020, 11:11:09 PM »
you didn't get the top of page delete that shit
i never do top of the page which grants one free top of the page to anyone on the page to use at their future discretion :bolo

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #11822 on: January 24, 2020, 11:12:17 PM »
watch mine get more likes though
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #11823 on: January 24, 2020, 11:12:47 PM »
Quote from: PoliEra regular
All I know is that the moment “liberal” and “leftist” fell out of sync in terms of being 100% synonymous on the Internet, political discourse became immediately a thousand times fucking worse
Quote from: PoliEra regular
32 pages (50ppp 4 lyfe) and this thread still boils down to people telling the marginalized people affected by Rogan's bigotry to be quiet.

this thread is getting all their best takes

ResetBanBot

« Reply #11824 on: January 24, 2020, 11:13:23 PM »
sex might sell but it's the cowards way

shosta

« Reply #11825 on: January 24, 2020, 11:14:15 PM »
Let me know if you boys want moar

:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 11:40:50 PM by shosta »
每天生气

ResetBanBot

« Reply #11826 on: January 24, 2020, 11:16:28 PM »
Joe Rogan saying cheeseburgers shouldn't compete against females is LITERALLY KILLING THEM. Everyone needs to put aside literally every meaningful issue in the world and fix this RIGHT NOW.

FORCE WOMEN TO COMPETE AGAINST cheeseburgers, DO IT YOU COWARDS.

ALSO WAX MY BALLS BIGOT

benjipwns

« Reply #11827 on: January 24, 2020, 11:16:44 PM »
I'll admit it and take all the hatred, I'm not a fan of the whole underbreast tattoo trend.

shosta

« Reply #11828 on: January 24, 2020, 11:17:40 PM »
I'll admit it and take all the hatred, I'm not a fan of the whole underbreast tattoo trend.
Very old-fashioned :hmph

You alright with tattoos in general?
每天生气

paprikastaude

« Reply #11829 on: January 24, 2020, 11:19:01 PM »
Rogan/Bernie thread is full of bans for "dismissing bigotry" but I think this one is my favorite ban:
User banned (2 weeks): Dismissive drive-by in a sensitive thread

Joe is left leaning and acknowledges man made climate change. I would bet there is more overlap between the Joe Rogan Podcast fans and Bernie supporters than most here would think. It seems odd to me that so many here think Joe is some Trump supporting conservative. I admit, I only listen to the episodes with guests I want to hear from, but I can’t recall Joe saying a positive thing about Trump. If anything he seems blown away by the fact that Trumps incoherent babbling gets people excited.

:confused
imagine the sheer paranoia required to see anything fundamentally wrong with that post

benjipwns

« Reply #11830 on: January 24, 2020, 11:19:50 PM »
Actually, that one probably triggers more than normal because it's colored. I think colored tattoos tattoos of color in general are often bad in design and execution. I think certain sleeves are the only time I ever like them.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #11831 on: January 24, 2020, 11:20:06 PM »

Prolly top of the page for quite a few people :teehee

ResetBanBot

« Reply #11832 on: January 24, 2020, 11:22:47 PM »

Prolly top of the page for quite a few people :teehee
Imagine reading this thread with all the good parts removed. Then you're left with a bunch of spergs arguing about what level of butt-hurt each other are.

shosta

« Reply #11833 on: January 24, 2020, 11:24:06 PM »
Actually, that one probably triggers more than normal because it's colored. I think colored tattoos tattoos of color in general are often bad in design and execution. I think certain sleeves are the only time I ever like them.
Wait till you see her face tat that she's covering up with those bangs :heh

[close]
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #11834 on: January 24, 2020, 11:25:09 PM »
Who the fuck is dying under Bernie's hypothetical presidency?

Rogan's bigotry normalizes misinformation and gives talking points to bigots. It's not Sanders presidency that's the problem here, and no one said it was, but if you think that signal boosting a bigot doesn't make things dangerous for marginalized people then you just haven't been paying attention. When trans people in this thread are telling you Rogan's rhetoric is toxic, believe it:
Quote from: Ketkat
I just took a peak at that subreddit and I saw people talking about the trans movement is full of pedophiles and that "hormone blockers" are just code for wanting to groom them. So, kindly fuck off with this idea that votes are the ONLY thing that matter.
:teehee

ResetBanBot

« Reply #11835 on: January 24, 2020, 11:30:08 PM »
 :nsfw :nsfw :nsfw
[close]

Boredfrom

« Reply #11836 on: January 24, 2020, 11:30:15 PM »
Is KetKat still MIA?

benjipwns

« Reply #11837 on: January 24, 2020, 11:31:43 PM »
Nope, came back specifically to post in the Rogan thread like a bunch of others!

Think of all the traffic they gave up by deplatforming Rogan until this.

samir

« Reply #11838 on: January 24, 2020, 11:32:38 PM »
Rogan for pres  :american

benjipwns

« Reply #11839 on: January 24, 2020, 11:32:43 PM »
do you think these voters will vote for bernie in the general election to own the libs
probably depends on who is on the last podcast before the deadline to register to vote and the last podcast before voting day. if it's elon musk they're probably making memes of him smoking weed. if it's ben shapiro then it's probably back to casual transphobia

benjipwns

« Reply #11840 on: January 24, 2020, 11:33:59 PM »
Quote from: Frank O'Connor
Jesus dude. Even if this benefits you you surely can't like or defend it so there's no need to cosset it. It's gross but unlikely to have meaningful numbers so it's OK to just admit it's gross. If Bernie wins the primary and THEN that's their strategy? I'll do victory laps with you and laugh at their strategy. Right now it's tactical and dangerous for Bernie's nomination and the country. You want Bernie primary voters to get uncomfortable that they're being played it do you want them to work their asses off to get him elected?

ResetBanBot

« Reply #11841 on: January 24, 2020, 11:34:00 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #11842 on: January 24, 2020, 11:37:16 PM »
So not even killed because of just transphobia, but the TYPE, he STOKES. :hmm

samir

« Reply #11843 on: January 24, 2020, 11:40:20 PM »
25?!  :o

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #11844 on: January 24, 2020, 11:40:58 PM »
She’s running :existential

ResetBanBot

« Reply #11845 on: January 24, 2020, 11:40:59 PM »
By ResetEra's logic this thread is directly responsible for probably around a half-dozen cheeseburger deaths.

tuna_love

« Reply #11847 on: January 24, 2020, 11:41:32 PM »
You hate to see it

shosta

« Reply #11848 on: January 24, 2020, 11:42:01 PM »
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #11849 on: January 24, 2020, 11:42:25 PM »
wrong HRC, Human Rights Campaign, lots of replies making the same mistake :lol

samir

« Reply #11850 on: January 24, 2020, 11:46:22 PM »
As a non-American, are transgender issues really such a big deal in American politics, or is it just one of those internet things?

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #11851 on: January 24, 2020, 11:46:25 PM »
wrong HRC, Human Rights Campaign, lots of replies making the same mistake :lol

But it says HRC and President, who else could it refer to?

benjipwns

« Reply #11852 on: January 24, 2020, 11:46:40 PM »
And I am arguing that prioritizing disaffected casual bigots is a net loss in voters compared to disconnected marginal Dems and untapped communities of color.

Take Texas as an example, it's not a Red State, it's a non-voting state with a huge young, Latinx population that just doesn't show up even though they are more predisposed to robust safety nets and Social Justice. Where is the solidarity going to come from when Bernie has to walk on egg shells the next time Rogan or any number of the other political dingleberries littering Bernie's floor decides to let their freak flag fly.
Who is advocating for the prioritization of bigots? The Bernie Sanders campaign, who is supported by a majority of women and people of color?

And just who are these bigots? JRE is ranked 1st or 2nd any given day on podcast charts. It gets 200 million downloads every month. You couldn't prove a majority of these people are racists and transphobes even if you tried.
I just provided you an alternative to laughing at Rogan's bigoted schtick, but you decided to defend the honor of those slighted 200 million downloads. Curious

More to the point, why are we betting on the political discernment of folks who enjoy slack-jawed shock jocks?

benjipwns

« Reply #11853 on: January 24, 2020, 11:48:56 PM »
As a non-American, are transgender issues really such a big deal in American politics, or is it just one of those internet things?
It's becoming a useful wedge issue to use in some places. Idaho's legislature is looking to pass a bill outlawing birth males participating in female high school sports for example. In certain cities you have the opposite kind of purity tests.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #11854 on: January 24, 2020, 11:49:02 PM »
More to the point, why are we betting on the political discernment of folks who enjoy slack-jawed shock jocks?
We need to take our political opinions from better sources, like Disney cartoon characters, editors of Teen Vogue, and Simpsons podcasters.

benjipwns

« Reply #11855 on: January 24, 2020, 11:52:08 PM »
It’s a good endorsement. He has a large following. Do we think Rogan’s dumbness has transferable properties or something?
More of a centripetal force, tbh

Like a stupid star, falling in on itself
:doge

ResetBanBot

« Reply #11856 on: January 24, 2020, 11:53:38 PM »
He accidentally took the astrology course instead of astronomy.

Boredfrom

« Reply #11857 on: January 24, 2020, 11:56:54 PM »

It has more to do with being directly associated with Identity Politics than Trans issues being a big deal by itself. Part of the reason why RE hates Bernie is that he is not exactly fan of identity politics and is more concerned about class and distribution of wealth.

Is more complicated than that, obviously, but there is a reason why many of the biggest shitposters on RE hate Bernie and his followers.

benjipwns

« Reply #11858 on: January 24, 2020, 11:57:17 PM »
User Banned (permanent): dismissing bigotry, history of similar behavior
If Joe Rogan’s massive normie fanbase got behind Medicare For All that’d be pretty cool.
Here's the problem, you could probably get a lot of them on board, which means hundreds of thousands if not millions more people supporting MFA. But there are still plenty of purists that would rather dismiss Rogan and all his fans as bigots. And this purity bullshit is a big reason why we have a hard time in elections. I get it, we all need to be much more woke and PC but lets focus on teaming up to get that fat orange blob out of office first, then we can work on the other stuff.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #11859 on: January 24, 2020, 11:58:01 PM »
Let's do a trade.

All trans people please vote for Butti.

Everyone else vote for Bernard
:O

benjipwns

« Reply #11860 on: January 24, 2020, 11:59:36 PM »
That dude's prior ban:
User Banned (1 month): Excusing racist jokes, ignoring staff post; previous severe ban for dismissing bigotry.

I enjoy a good chunk of their content, I do wish they would replace Rich, he just doesn't really bring anything interesting to the conversations.

The problematic language OP outlined I interpret as just satirical or played out jokes for the purpose of being satirical and played out. I highly doubt they are trying to push a bigoted agenda, and if people are being radicalized or their racist/sexist beliefs are strengthened because of a 6 second joke in a 15 minute video then I'm not going to blame the creator of that video.

And for every problematic quip they have entire discussions gushing about movies like Us, Get Out, or specific actresses; Jay says Daisy Ridley carried TFA because she was so charismatic, and both of them liked Daphne Keen in Logan.
:mike

Boredfrom

« Reply #11861 on: January 25, 2020, 12:02:01 AM »
Era mods being huge Rich Evans fanboys confirmed.

benjipwns

« Reply #11862 on: January 25, 2020, 12:04:22 AM »
Because that's the electorate and you need to come to grips with that or stop pretending to take politics seriously.
:gladbron

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #11863 on: January 25, 2020, 12:04:40 AM »
Diabetes is pretty prevalent in my family. I've got a great diet, but with my luck, I'll end up with it and struggle.

That or HIV, maybe? I uhh, don't wear condoms. Ever. And I have a lot of sex. I get tested frequently, but, yeah. That could always happen.

Breeders :rejoice

ResetBanBot

« Reply #11864 on: January 25, 2020, 12:28:33 AM »
Latinx
Yikes, didn't we already learn that only stupid white Americans use this term?

benjipwns

« Reply #11865 on: January 25, 2020, 12:29:13 AM »
User banned (1 month): Drive-by trolling, callous and inflammatory rhetoric

Honestly maybe we should starve the flyover states. Teach them how much of a leech they are to the rest of the country

also lol at who the OP is for this

Quote from: incelsiorlef
Cry me a river, all these fuckers hmming and hawwing while even the insulation is decaying.
Righteous anger is more blinding than regular anger. Your methods hold no weight and exist only for catharsis, hurting people in the process. I'm sure there's more reason behind this thread than getting off on shaming people right?
I mean it exposes that people are more apt to be mad at me than Trump exposing that even blue states are fucked under him.

I didn't name one specific person and yet here we are with people overtly admitting they're gonna sit out. At least it's bringing truth to light.

But please spare me that I am hurting people. You know what actually is going to hurt people, RBG dying with Trump as President, women's rights being curtailed, queer rights being curtailed, but hey vote your conscience right?

Like honestly as if you can sit there and accuse me of hurting people because I have no respect for people who refuse to vote against Trump
:cancry :cancry :cancry :cancry

ResetBanBot

« Reply #11866 on: January 25, 2020, 12:30:17 AM »
ResetEra clearly doesn't understand where food comes from.

benjipwns

« Reply #11867 on: January 25, 2020, 12:30:18 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/shut-the-fuck-up-about-how-you-wont-be-bullied-to-just-vote-for-the-democrat-no-matter-who-trump-threatens-to-cut-funding-to-cali-over-abortion.166583/post-28537828
It means everything they try to argue in future threads can be filtered through the honest answer that they're just not that concerned.
:neogaf

benita

« Reply #11868 on: January 25, 2020, 12:32:10 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-happened-to-the-fast-food-threads.166672/

Between LGBTQ issues, cultural appropriation and minimum wage, fast food is simply too problematic for Reeeee.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #11869 on: January 25, 2020, 12:32:33 AM »
Incel: accelerationism is bad we need to vote in solidarity (as a non-voting Canadian)
also Incel: but also fuck everyone

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #11870 on: January 25, 2020, 01:11:15 AM »
He's promoting an endorsement from a guy you can't event endorse on this site because he's such a shitbag!

:lol
Fish<

benjipwns

« Reply #11871 on: January 25, 2020, 01:43:08 AM »
It's interesting to look and see which candidates the bots support.
:brain

railGUN

« Reply #11872 on: January 25, 2020, 01:43:12 AM »
Joe Rogan says something racist a few years ago:

REE: "fuck that guy now and forever, even at the expense of re-electing D TRUMP". Nose, face <chainsaw starting>

B-Dubs (REE General Manager) says something racist a few years ago:

REE:  :exxy
Fish<

benjipwns

« Reply #11873 on: January 25, 2020, 01:44:24 AM »
It gets 200 million downloads every month. You couldn't prove a majority of these people are racists and transphobes even if you tried.
Why are they listening to a racist transphobic podcast
GOT EM

benjipwns

« Reply #11874 on: January 25, 2020, 01:48:12 AM »
Quote from: Frank O'Connor
[Susan Collins is] straight fucking trash and already voted against your wallet, vajingles, sense of reality and patience. She's basically Ted Cruz without the gorgeous charisma.

benjipwns

« Reply #11875 on: January 25, 2020, 01:51:25 AM »
how far back is this adam387 meltdown, poliera is so draining to even skim through

edit:
Quote from: adam387
To me it’s based on my religious beliefs. I’m not a forced birther or any of that shit. I think there’s no objective truth on abortion or the idea of where life begins. Therefore, I have my beliefs but they are no more valid than anyone else’s. Therefore I would never legislate based off of my belief system. It’s just my opinion and deserves no more weight than anyone else’s. Except that I am always right about everything and I have never been wrong. Ever.
So, just so I'm clear on this:

We're going to spend $30 trillion on M4A that will uproot and destroy a vast section of the US Economy.
We're going to spend $16 trillion on Bernie's version of a Green New Deal, that requires more workers that actually exist.
We're going to forgive $1.6 trillion in student loan debt.
We're going to spend $2.2 trillion on "free" college that has zero cost controls.
oh, and doesn't Bernie want to forgive all medical debt too? No idea how that would work just from a HIPPA perspective let alone financial one.

And this is considered a winning General Election strategy?

Like, here's the thing. Nominate Bernie. I literally don't care. I pretty much hate Bernie and Biden, and one of them is going to be the nominee. They're both terrible in different ways. Klob is horrible. Pete is horrible. Everyone is horrible. Warren is fine, but she's clearly not winning because America is full of sexist fuckwits. But like, you cannot legitimately believe these items are going to pass with 51 votes (assuming we win the senate.) Mathematically it's absurd. From an electoral strategy, it's absurd. It's fine to want nice things, and I do not believe that we need to run the government like a business, but to pretend 1/10th of this is actually doable...it's just not.

But, specifically as it relates to student loan debt and free college....forgiving loan debt is whatever. I'm not opposed to it. if you can make the math work and get the votes, then it's totally good. I do think something should be done for folks who did pay off their loans though, be it a refundable tax credit or what have you. (I'm still paying off mine for what it's worth, and would get very little relief under Warrens plan which I at least think makes more sense than Bernie's).

The bigger issue I have is with the whole free college thing. The problem with higher education costs is not solved by making it "free," it's just pushing the burden of funding directly on the federal government. While that's fine, it's not actually getting to the root of the problem. The biggest issue with Bernie's plan (and Warren's too I believe) is there is very little if any cost control measures in the bill. State colleges set their tuition rates through different systems, all of which are dependent upon the legislature in question. Some states have an independent board, some of them have it set through the legislature, some have multicampus boards, etc. If we are literally just going to write a blank check to the state of Ohio to set its tuition rates at whatever it damn well pleases, and we're just going to pay it, there is no incentive for us to keep our tuition lower than another states. In fact, we should just raise it to whatever the most expensive school is charging, because the government is just going to pay it anyway. For this idea to work, you absolutely have to have cost control measures. You honestly probably need some kind of penalty assessed against students who fail to complete their degree within a certain time frame or fail to complete a set number of classes too. It's not unreasonable to require that everyone have some skin in the game.

But the solution to stuff costing too much is not just "Make it free." It's A solution. It's not a good solution.
Correct, because a Bernie presidency, legislatively, will look just like a Biden presidency, which will look just like a Warren presidency, which will look just like a Klob presidency without us having to hide the bodies of everyone she murders. I'm sure Hillary could let her know who she uses to hide the bodies though.

What I will say though, is I think it does look different on the campaign trail. If you're going to campaign on things that will require fairly large tax increases, that's going to be a big yikes from a lot of folks.
This is a bad argument because we actually have cost controls when it comes to public schools.

All I am saying is that if we are going to have "free" college*, you absolutely have to pair that with extensive cost controls.

*(We're not going to have free college.)
So, no, fuck this guy. Fuck Bernie for going on his show (or any other Democrat who ends up there). This guy is shit, and we do not need to defend every stupid ass decision Bernie and his team make. Because this hsit is trash. And I don't give a shit if it moves the needle in the primary one way or another. it's still wrong.
Here are the two things about the Rogan whatever.

First, going on the show is stupid enough. We talked about this last week. it doesn't matter that Bernie wasn't pushing shitty sexist, transphobic or racist ideas on the show. The problem is, if you're a young 18 year old kid who likes Bernie, you check out the show because your dude is on there. You like the content because, hey, it's Bernie. You like him. And, since Bernie went on the show...Bernie clearly also likes him. So, you start checking out more shows. Oh, hey Alex Jones? I think I know who he is. Oh, they don't like trans people? Hmmm...maybe they have a point....and now we've got a kid walking down the path to being a piece of shit because kids are morons and associate Bernie with this asswipe. This is how people literally become radicalized and fall into the alt-right, shit stain camp.

Furthermore, going on the show was one level of stupid, accepting an endorsement and running a Twitter ad on it is a WHOLE other level of stupid. Will anyone in the primary hit him on this? No. Of course not. I don't know if Joe Biden knows what a podcast is. But, if Bernie somehow gets to the General election and ends up doing an interview with someone who isn't super friendly to him (and believe me, most won't be with his history). The first time Bernie goes out and says Trump associates with racists and sexists and transphobes, you better believe some intern will have been sitting on this "Then why did you tout the endorsement of a sexist, homophobic, racist, transphobe?" And then Bernie has to explain. When you are explaining, you are not wining. In no universe should an endorsement have the potential to cause you a problem. This does. So don't do it. You gain nothing.
I’m gonna say my piece on this Rogan thing one last time.
A lot of us point out how one of our concerns about Bernie is how we don’t trust him to prioritize our issues in the face of his worship at the alter of the white working class bro’s. When we bring up that point, we are constantly told that Bernie wouldn’t do that. That he’s a great ally on LGBT issues. That he’s a string supporter of women’s rights and he’d never ever sacrifice those to benefit his policy positions.

But then he does shit like this. The minute he can tout an endorsement from someone he thinks will help him with his glorious class over everything else revolution, he shows us that he’ll accept the support of someone who has no qualms with transphobia or racism if it helps that glorious revolution.

And when some of us point it out a lot of his supporters refuse to acknowledge our concerns and keep telling us to give him the benefit of the doubt. He had done nothing to earn that and everything to continue to get side eye. Don’t just listen to queer and minority voices when you like what we say about your boy. Listen when we complain too. Especially when we complain. Because telling us we shouldn’t have a problem with something we clearly do have issue with is real shitty. It shows us all we need to know about how valuable we supposedly are to this coalition.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 02:00:05 AM by benjipwns »

railGUN

Fish<

benjipwns

« Reply #11877 on: January 25, 2020, 02:03:42 AM »
I'll just add again that this was an unforced error. Rogan made the endorsement, Sanders could have let it be. Rogan would have spread it among his fans himself. But Sanders chose to put the concerns of those affected by Rogan's bigotry aside to capitalize on the endorsement. He didn't need to do it.

shosta

« Reply #11878 on: January 25, 2020, 02:11:22 AM »
Back to basics, guys. I don't want to hear anymore of this bullshit.

Top of the page suicide girl
[close]
Just wanted to say that this beautiful woman (Asami Suicide) is in the hospital right now after a hit and run accident while she was jogging and suffered injuries to her legs. Please pray for her.
每天生气

tuna_love

« Reply #11879 on: January 25, 2020, 02:15:46 AM »
literally praying for her legs rn 🙏🙏