Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 888617 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: DOJ |OT| Mission Impossible 2: Fear Of Being Outed As a Secret Acephobe
« Reply #1380 on: November 19, 2019, 09:27:24 PM »
Next up on era

If one trans person says this show had a transphobic episode  Any doubter will be banned for 2 weeks minimum .
To partake in a show is transphobic thread. You can only agree that it is or else do not participate because you will be banned

Future Dave Chappelle show thread: first 5 posts : “great show, chappelle killed it”. Trans member posts #6 post in thread: “but Chapelle is transphobic” . Mod issues staff post on post #7: “anyone who praises this show will be banned because Chappell is a transphobe, I have changed the topic to showcase that “
If this is the case at least they'll get it out of the way faster.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #1381 on: November 19, 2019, 09:27:58 PM »
these outages got me shook :shaking

remember that there's a backup forum on thebore.org :-*
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #1382 on: November 19, 2019, 09:29:05 PM »
You ever take a step back and think what does being LGBT have to do with moderating a video game forum?
There's nothing wrong with it, especially from their point of view on representation, the problem is two fold. One they are demanding an affirmative action course correction in which 40+% of the staff must be TA rather than represent their actual percentage of the population which would be closer to a single admin and a couple mods. Second, they're stupid.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #1383 on: November 19, 2019, 09:31:41 PM »
A bunch of angry white women railroaded a gay black man. And they're howling for more diversity? How is the BCT not on fire?

I still think it's wild that the white women accused the gay black man of promoting White Feminism.

benjipwns

« Reply #1384 on: November 19, 2019, 09:35:18 PM »
Quote from: KetKat
Hey there everyone, I’m here right now and I have a lot of things that I want to say about this whole situation. First of all, I want to thank all of you who sent me kind messages both within these threads and on discord as I really appreciate them! There are so many times where I look at the state of the society that we live in and question the impact that one person can have against the tide of bigotry and mental health stigma that exists, and comments like yours do a lot to alleviate those concerns!

As for the big accusation, there’s a lot to say about this. First and foremost, I want to make it clear that I did not invade Robin (my girlfriend’s) privacy to look through her private discords, messages, or anything else. I am not interested in being the kind of person that can not be trusted in the most basic ways, and it was shocking for me to see staff assume that I would do that so quickly. When I made that initial post talking about moderation and the issues that exist within it, I posted some information that was from a private staff discord. I knew it was from there, and I chose to post it publicly instead of going to them in private or attempting to find a real solution to it. I regret posting it in that manner as I never had any intention of starting any large scale drama about this incident, and I chose to keep the names private for the safety of the moderation team. However, I now see that I didn’t put as much consideration into that as I should have to begin with. There are quite a few places that exist off-site purely to document and harass notable people on this forum, and that includes people on the moderation team as they tend to stand out more. I have dealt with harassment from these people as being a minority or part of a vulnerable group seems to make you a target for them, and this is doubly true for minority staff members. I was hurt and disappointed that people that I consider close friends believed that I was capable of this, but they’re not bad people for thinking this. They’re just scared. And I don’t fault them for that.

The reasons that they provided in that initial thread detailed a history of suspicions that I was looking into their discord as well as that I knew some moderation terminology that was used behind the scenes. In the email that I sent, I referenced a very specific thing that is used however this specific term is one that is an open secret of sorts and I’ve seen it used in quite a few places. Throughout this investigation that occurred, I was never once contacted or informed what any of these suspicions were actually about, so as of this moment, I am still unaware of what they are and unable to comment on them. It’s hard to hear that there’s evidence against you that you aren’t allowed to see, but again keep in mind that at this point they’re still concerned for their privacy and unsure if they can trust me. I don’t blame them for wanting to avoid more of that, especially as they went looking for that conversation and did not feel the same way about it. I was assured by someone on the team who I deeply trust and is LGBT that the claim that this statement and the person who made them were against asexuals was incorrect and a misunderstanding.

And I do want to reiterate here at the end, I left out the names on both of those issues in my post for a reason. I understand the desire for wanting to know who said what in these conversations, but the way that this desire has manifested is worrying. There are mistakes that have been made by the moderation team throughout this whole ordeal as I know all too well. But at the same time, we can not realistically expect the people who moderate this website to feel safe when people are digging through their personal lives looking for anything that can be used.

I regret posting that line the way that I did and I’m sorry for all the headache that this has caused both you as users and the staff throughout this ordeal.
someone read this and give me spark notes
mods help

benjipwns

« Reply #1386 on: November 19, 2019, 09:40:31 PM »
While Ketkat's political capital is at an all-time high she should demand the name of that truscum anonymous confessor.

shosta

« Reply #1387 on: November 19, 2019, 09:43:12 PM »
There's still no answer as to why the bore dot com's avatars were stretched in a disgusting and threatening manner for a whole six minutes last night. I didn't feel safe at all during that time and I'm constantly worried it's going to happen again.
每天生气

Coffee Dog

« Reply #1388 on: November 19, 2019, 09:45:55 PM »
I really didn't want to put a face to excel. I don't need to slag her for her looks I already hate her :-\

Edit: look at me the man who talks about nothing

benjipwns

« Reply #1389 on: November 19, 2019, 09:46:24 PM »
There's still no answer as to why the bore dot com's avatars were stretched in a disgusting and threatening manner for a whole six minutes last night. I didn't feel safe at all during that time and I'm constantly worried it's going to happen again.

Propagandhim

« Reply #1390 on: November 19, 2019, 09:46:58 PM »
The stretched images came after i posted this image:

edit: nevermind.  Guess not.

Averon

« Reply #1391 on: November 19, 2019, 09:48:08 PM »
Quote from: signal
As long as it doesn't create some tier of forum celebrity users that, because of popularity, become borderline unbannable because of guaranteed appeal support or whatever.

Ketkat did just that, and not just a ban but a perm ban at that, so....too late  :lol

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #1392 on: November 19, 2019, 09:48:31 PM »
I really didn't want to put a face to excel. I don't need to slag her for her looks I already hate her :-\

Edit: look at me the man who talks about nothing

lol, I edited it out because even I had second thoughts and thought it was too mean.

benjipwns

« Reply #1393 on: November 19, 2019, 09:57:40 PM »
Imagine how many minorities fled, or worse, died because a pillar of the community was temporarily permanently banned. I probably won't feel safe enough to post on ResetERA.com again until the next kerfuffle organized on Discord. :fbm

BisMarckie

« Reply #1394 on: November 19, 2019, 10:00:35 PM »

I don't feel safe here anymore because of this happening. I signed up for thebore.org in protest.

Wait a minute: My post is pending moderator review? What kind of authoritarian hellhole are you building there? :hmph

shosta

« Reply #1395 on: November 19, 2019, 10:01:29 PM »
Fixed!

I respond to things instantaneously, unlike Demi  8)
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #1396 on: November 19, 2019, 10:03:57 PM »
Ketkat did just that, and not just a ban but a perm ban at that, so....too late  :lol
I think you're mistaken. There are no protected users on Resetera.
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #1397 on: November 19, 2019, 10:05:26 PM »
Quote from: Brock Reiher
User Banned (Duration Pending): Conspiracy theories, ignoring staff messages, numerous previous infractions
Quote from: ScribbleD
User banned (duration pending): History of hostility towards members and staff, posting private messages with other users as a personal attack
:gloomy

benjipwns

« Reply #1398 on: November 19, 2019, 10:07:41 PM »
User Banned (Duration Pending): Dismissing Pedophelia. History of the Same.

What awful things are you suggesting he did? Are you talking about child abuse? It takes 10 minutes of research to see that he didn't do such things.

PogiJones

« Reply #1400 on: November 19, 2019, 10:09:21 PM »

:ohyeah

shosta

« Reply #1401 on: November 19, 2019, 10:11:06 PM »
fuck me, this one's awesome

:delicious
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #1402 on: November 19, 2019, 10:15:34 PM »
Trans people are among society's most vulnerable, as this thread highlights. I hope - at least in America - we can work together during the next administration to ensure a federal government who can help protect them.
lol even when the thread highlights the complete opposite they still [talking points]

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #1403 on: November 19, 2019, 10:15:59 PM »
it's called internalized misogyny, bigot.

shosta

« Reply #1404 on: November 19, 2019, 10:17:21 PM »
that sounds serious, hopefully her week ban for SAYING WHAT KIND OF GAMES SHE WANTS straightens her out
每天生气

Hermit

« Reply #1405 on: November 19, 2019, 10:18:48 PM »
The US is a long way off from ensuring trans folx are accepted and actively protected.

Shit, my aunt who is an extremely tolerant and level headed individual (or at least I thought) is apparently a transphobe. Can't imagine how many others in this country think like her.

benjipwns

« Reply #1406 on: November 19, 2019, 10:20:17 PM »
Probably an alt-righter lying about being "Female" anyway, then running back to KiwiGAF claiming this is "proof" of ResetERA.com's hatred of women and minorities. Which is true, and all over the forum, but this is not an example of.

benjipwns

« Reply #1407 on: November 19, 2019, 10:23:29 PM »
Not surprised that shosta would signal boost something like that. Once being part of a hateful bigoted moderation team.

PogiJones

« Reply #1408 on: November 19, 2019, 10:23:31 PM »
that sounds serious, hopefully her week ban for SAYING WHAT KIND OF GAMES SHE WANTS straightens her out

TBF, she did take her preferences and generalize it, accurately or not, to her sex. Through the lens of RE, saying "women generally like this" or "women generally don't like that" looks like sexism.

Unless, of course, she'd said women don't like boob armor, which of course is truth, not sexism.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #1409 on: November 19, 2019, 10:23:48 PM »
fuck me, this one's awesome

:delicious
Typical biological female sexism probably. probably a TERF  :hmph

zepblackstar

« Reply #1410 on: November 19, 2019, 10:28:23 PM »
so I get this straight.

A Black gay mod was kicked by a cabal of Transgender white people because the black gay mod was frustrated by whiny transgender white people and others agreed who were also kicked out of modship...

right?

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #1411 on: November 19, 2019, 10:29:31 PM »
shosta: "white terfs deserve the same rights as women of color"

:yikes

remy

« Reply #1412 on: November 19, 2019, 10:31:09 PM »
so I get this straight.

A Black gay mod was kicked by a cabal of Transgender white people because the black gay mod was frustrated by whiny transgender white people and others agreed who were also kicked out of modship...

right?
No he was kicked out because a different ( I PRESUME WHITE CIS MALE   :nugenix ) mod didn't like asexual people and they sniped a transgender whistleblower in the cover up

remy

« Reply #1413 on: November 19, 2019, 10:32:08 PM »
these outages got me shook :shaking

remember that there's a backup forum on thebore.org :-*
dark theme  :rejoice

no bore emojis  :goty

Clockwork5

« Reply #1414 on: November 19, 2019, 10:33:00 PM »
I’ve been edging for a day and a half for that? Where were the goatsee picks??I can’t finish to this, fuck, I don’t even want to now.

Averon

« Reply #1415 on: November 19, 2019, 10:34:03 PM »
so I get this straight.

right?

Correct, except for the last bit. Volimar willingly stepped down (according to him anyway), but Royalan was by far the sacrificial lamb for this dust up.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1416 on: November 19, 2019, 10:34:51 PM »
The stretched images came after i posted this image:

edit: nevermind.  Guess not.

I tried changing a setting and things got borked (I didn't see it!), so I changed it back. 
:yukasalute
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #1417 on: November 19, 2019, 10:37:55 PM »
I think we're all forgetting that Nepenethe changed her avatar in solidarity.

BisMarckie

« Reply #1418 on: November 19, 2019, 10:39:33 PM »
You do know the site gets like 40K plus a month off ads alone right? Then clear is another giant bomb size subscription which goes towards nothing. So if GB can do all that with the subprice where is it going for us when do we see the improvements the money could bring? Anything lol.

I think this thread has run its course.

benjipwns

« Reply #1419 on: November 19, 2019, 10:43:40 PM »
I agree with both of these and I want to say that I'd want edit history that anyone can see on a post. If it get edited we wanted to know how many times and if it's staff let us know, because you guys have hidden edits and it's sorta crazy ya'll haven't brought that up.

Just one last thing to add, be more human when you guys talk to us. Please it makes things a lot easier to say and more human. The way you guys talk like ERA leaves a really bad taste in our mouth.

If I get banned it's NOT a self requested ban.
I hope everyone starts putting this disclaimer at the end of all their posts.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1420 on: November 19, 2019, 10:45:55 PM »
I agree with both of these and I want to say that I'd want edit history that anyone can see on a post. If it get edited we wanted to know how many times and if it's staff let us know, because you guys have hidden edits and it's sorta crazy ya'll haven't brought that up.

Just one last thing to add, be more human when you guys talk to us. Please it makes things a lot easier to say and more human. The way you guys talk like ERA leaves a really bad taste in our mouth.

Are they that shook that they need a forum signature?

If I get banned, it's because I made Bork and other breeders SEETHE so hard.
PS: Pogi post hog

shosta

« Reply #1421 on: November 19, 2019, 10:46:27 PM »
shosta: "white terfs deserve the same rights as women of color"

:yikes
EDIT: I misread this  ::)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 10:50:54 PM by shosta »
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #1422 on: November 19, 2019, 10:46:38 PM »
#freebenji

zepblackstar

« Reply #1423 on: November 19, 2019, 10:46:44 PM »
This gonna need a powerpoint flowchart :-\

so I get this straight.

right?

Correct, except for the last bit. Volimar willingly stepped down (according to him anyway), but Royalan was by far the sacrificial lamb for this dust up.
so I get this straight.

right?
No he was kicked out because a different ( I PRESUME WHITE CIS MALE   :nugenix ) mod didn't like asexual people and they sniped a transgender whistleblower in the cover up

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #1424 on: November 19, 2019, 10:47:15 PM »

Shouldn’t it be more like: If I requested a self requested ban, I wasn’t self requesting a ban.
serge

shosta

« Reply #1425 on: November 19, 2019, 10:47:25 PM »

I'm pretty sure this is an adaptation of what protesters are doing in Hong Kong right now, which is shouting their name when they get arrested and saying "I am not going to commit suicide" :lol  :-\ :lol
每天生气

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #1426 on: November 19, 2019, 10:47:52 PM »
FREE Creepy Stalker
FREE CREAM
FREE RESETBANBOT

if I get banned, the mods are cheeseburgers

TVC15

« Reply #1427 on: November 19, 2019, 10:47:58 PM »
BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

If I get banned, somebody fuck filler, he’s already paid for
serge

shosta

« Reply #1428 on: November 19, 2019, 10:49:16 PM »
dark theme  :rejoice

no bore emojis  :goty
It's mobile friendly too :)

...well not after I installed a plugin. The fix is two lines of CSS but I'm in a pizza coma right now and not gonna do it. Also bork/tasty-meat downloaded all the emoticons so they'll be uploaded if we're ever stranded their again
每天生气

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #1429 on: November 19, 2019, 10:49:42 PM »
So what happened to the royolan?

Found his seat at the back of the bus.  :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #1430 on: November 19, 2019, 10:53:36 PM »
The disclaimer should be way cooler like "If I'm banned/suicide in custody, AVENGE ME UPON THEIR HEIRS"

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1431 on: November 19, 2019, 10:56:06 PM »
Unban everyone
Leper everyone
Reban the previously banned
Unleper only toku

benjipwns

« Reply #1432 on: November 19, 2019, 10:56:29 PM »
Jeff Gerstmann probably knows a thing or two about krvna osveta.

shosta

« Reply #1433 on: November 19, 2019, 10:56:31 PM »
Hobbes unprotected his tweets? Why, what does he want people to see?

https://twitter.com/Hobbesenero/status/1196992719496855553

ok
每天生气

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1434 on: November 19, 2019, 11:01:27 PM »
ど助平

shosta

« Reply #1435 on: November 19, 2019, 11:03:02 PM »
I just realized hobbes is our new robby bobberts
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #1436 on: November 19, 2019, 11:05:14 PM »
Is my kid's teacher racially inventive [sic], or are her 1st grade classmates just little racist jerks?
So she’s 7 and got assigned a cultural class project where the assignment is to quote "Decorate a paper doll to express your own cultural heritage. Choose objects that represent your heritage such as chopsticks, flag, traditions or sports."

The kids drew straws to pick between a peach colored doll and a brown one. By the time they got to my daughter only the brown dolls were left and of course all the kids started laughing at the fact that she a bi-racial Chinese kid got the "black" doll. I'm really heartbroken and am not sure what to say other than assuring her that brown is beautiful...but her teacher freaking told her class that "if you don't like color just paint over it."

Do you think this assignment is kinda fucked from the beginning or is her class just full of little racists in the making? She came home in tears saying the kids all laughed at her and that she felt like this doll isn't pretty and I'm doing my best to try and make it a teachable moment but I need ideas.

shinobi woulda beat all those kids' asses
每天生气

Hermit

« Reply #1437 on: November 19, 2019, 11:06:15 PM »
I just realized hobbes is our new robby bobberts
if only hobbes was bald and 5'

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #1438 on: November 19, 2019, 11:06:59 PM »

I'm pretty sure this is an adaptation of what protesters are doing in Hong Kong right now, which is shouting their name when they get arrested and saying "I am not going to commit suicide" :lol  :-\ :lol

After Tiananmen the authorities would go to the houses of kids they suspected of being involved, the parents would reluctantly hand over the kids, then the police would come back to the parents hours later and say that they'd "committed suicide in custody" or "fell down stairs and died".

Probably what happened to tank man tbh

TVC15

« Reply #1439 on: November 19, 2019, 11:08:21 PM »

After Tiananmen the authorities would go to the houses of kids they suspected of being involved, the parents would reluctantly hand over the kids, then the police would come back to the parents hours later and say that they'd "committed suicide in custody" or "fell down stairs and died".

Probably what happened to tank man tbh

Has anyone heard from royalan?
serge