Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 888502 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
yeah. whoever banned you deserves to be perma'd. also, supposedly bans are talked about, so anyone who agreed with your ban needs to be perma'd too
AND KILL THEM

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
What’s this story? I don’t think I ever heard about it being founded/conceived of before the implosion.
ResetERA was setup already as a site before EviLore's story broke, and people like Nibel/shinobi had already been reaching out to different OTs about the launch of a new site.

This was before any sort of moderator unrest or drama.

All of a sudden people find this obscure post on the comment section of Facebook, PoliGAF ends up as all mods/admins/owners of an llc owning the site and the "influencers" who had reached out to OTs prior also got mod positions.

Are you implying that Cerium somehow orchestrated Showergate? Maybe he knew the girl and told her to tell a story?
serge

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Well I believe it
serge

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
I just saw a screengrab on that hate site, the one about farming, and an Era discord is currently being screengrabbed by literal Nazis. I would post the screenshot but let´s maybe not. This is official not a safe space anymore.

Imagine pretending to not read a site and then alluding to it's name.

:thinking

Boredfrom

Why don't these people just leave and make their own board or Discord? Endlessly bitching and moan the staff that trying as politely as possible (lest they are accused of being a transphobe) to tell you to fuck off seeing like a waste of energy  :lol

Because deep down they know it going to end the same or worse.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
I just saw a screengrab on that hate site, the one about farming, and an Era discord is currently being screengrabbed by literal Nazis. I would post the screenshot but let´s maybe not. This is official not a safe space anymore.
I know that site. Wasn't it hacked a while ago? The members that keep it alive are pretty much incompetent losers.
I still don't have my belgian passport
每天生气

benjipwns

hot off the NOT KIWI FARMS PRESSES

Boredfrom

I bet cerium is literally having a panic attack right now

Do you think Cerium still legitimately thinks the site can work?

benjipwns

benji you are seriously a trashy person, aren’t you? You’re like the people in my home town that would eat roadkill.
I willingly watched 14 seasons of the U.S. Apprentice :bolo

ResetBanBot

It's seriously not hard to just throw the mod under the bus. Ritual sacrifice is the only thing that will satisfy their lust.

nope
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 07:14:59 AM by pork »

ResetBanBot

tastefully cropped

Boredfrom

Fuck off, Banbot.

shosta

Fuck off Banbot
每天生气

benjipwns

I will preface my post with this:

I do not know the mod that Robin alluded to. I was unaware of Royalan's post from 2017 until it was posted here. I have, however, been privy to all of the information about Ketkat that has been divulged up into this point and understand why she was banned. But I also know that my inability to divulge what I've read means that the information might as well not even exist from your point of view, and as such it doesn't matter.

It literally doesn't matter.

None of this matters in light I've how things have fallen apart between staff and the trans community.

All I want to say is: I'm sorry.

I'm sorry if I've ever posted something that has undermined you all and made you feel unappreciated and unwanted on the basis of your gender identity and expression. I'm sorry for the way the situation's devolution has made you feel ignored. I'm sorry that I cannot give you what you are hoping for in regards to Ketkat's membership with the limited power and context I'm working with. I'm sorry that my apology is all I can give you, because I know it is ultimately as worthless as the inciting incident at this point in time. But at the same time you all deserve something and I don't know what more I can give to you as an individual than the response I'm writing now.

I was a regular member once, and have forever been a minority. I know what it's like to just try to exist on the Internet without either some gaslighting bigot or even just some well-meaning know-it-all coming in with some nonsense that you, with your lived experience, can see clear as day, and feeling like you are alone in the midst of fighting back against the endless tide of ignorance, like staff doesn't have your back. That hurts, and I don't want anyone else to experience this ever again.

You all are also free to talk to me, with assurance that anything you say to me directly will not result in any staff action. I can't say I will get to every response especially since it's past 1 AM and I have to work in the morning. The least I can do on top of apologizing is give you some room to continue venting. Administration is also working on their own response, but I wanted to post something quickly and specifically from me without the curtain of mod bots and staff posts in the way.

shosta

EDIT: I don't feel safe on the bore anymore.
每天生气

Averon

Quote from: Hobbes
I believe moderation has quite a lot of blanks to fill regarding this incident. After all, I'm an incident manager, this is my job, and I feel like the reasoning provided is not good enough.

:ego

Look at how proud he is trying to sound  :lol

Cauliflower Of Love

I do not know the mod that Robin alluded to. I was unaware of Royalan's post from 2017 until it was posted here.

:confused

lol

Cauliflower Of Love

I can't say I will get to every response especially since it's past 1 AM and I have to work in the morning.

:crowdlaff

Isn't this the classic drive by excuse? This is fantastic.

They could have said (and still could say) his attitude was problematic, but has evolved and advanced in the two years since. Not sure why they didn't just think to say that instead of circling the wagons.

This shit coming from kree, and era.

haha

benjipwns

the "duration pending" to hide that it's a perma is cowardly.
this is why we have the Mod Admiral silly

benjipwns

Also am I allowed to just say that I'm disturbed that the mod who posted that message on the old place was the one who responded to my concerns on the Xaszatm locked thread?

I just have terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach right now I am so sorry.
what the fucking fuck!? not sure if want to look?

ResetBanBot

Trans rights are human rights

This means KetKat needs to be unbanned from ResetEra, a basic human right.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
Also am I allowed to just say that I'm disturbed that the mod who posted that message on the old place was the one who responded to my concerns on the Xaszatm locked thread?

I just have terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach right now I am so sorry.
what the fucking fuck!? not sure if want to look?

Stay safe

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
I bet cerium is literally having a panic attack right now

Cauliflower Of Love

Because like the police they have to come up with a story to paint the situation with first together.

Instead of mods serving the community, they think its "us vs them" cue the persecution complex that has riddled their responses to the situation to date.

Equating this garbo packet of clowns with the police murdering problem.

God damn.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
EDIT: I don't feel safe on the bore anymore.

benjipwns

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fuck-acephobes.153939/post-26603581
Why are people acephobic?
What's the threat? The reason for hatred?

Bigotry is hard to understand sometimes.
Atleast in the US and this is from my very little understanding but since the culture in the US is focused on sex, like how if you're a virgin you're seen a loser or it's like a rite of passage, Ace people deviate from that and are harassed based on the idea them not wanting sex means that there is something wrong with them.
That sounds incredibly ignorant and immature.

If what took place is true, that's incredibly disheartening
You be surprised how angry people get about this. As a guy, I’m lucky. At most I get called a name and I can go in with my life. Women, as usual, has it much worse.
I didn't actually realize that was a thing. Why would people be fearful of or hate a concept as inoffensive as asexuality?
I am familiar with asexuality but not too knowledgeable on it. Does anyone know a good resource for learning more about asexual individuals?
:doge :doge :doge :doge

benjipwns

ok, im fearful of being banned but why wouldnt era be a good place for a dialogue? like grab a few members(straight and lgbt) and mods and stream a discord session? lets try and not make era explode like gaf over something that can be easily addressable.

Boredfrom

PURGE THE TRAITORS CERIUM

YOU KNOW THAT YOU HATE NEPHENTE AND SLAYVEN

Cauliflower Of Love

imagine being a cum bucket that got thrown away by rich people, and then getting thrown away by era.

benjipwns

Like just imagine getting so high off the power of being a video game forum moderator that you start acting like a crooked cop.
I mean, the mod in question is a Kamala Harris stan...
:teehee

Either ban Royalan, or ban me @mods

Kinda done with this shit site.
:badass

ShutUp

*endless wall of screeching*

GOD why do these mods feel it's us vs them? Such a persecution complex. Now mods, we do not feel safe or protected on here and are constantly being attacked. It's been *checks stop watch started the moment KetKat was banned* hours now. DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SHIT OR ELSE

Boredfrom

I said Cerium, not you BanBot racist fuck.

shosta

This shit is boring now. I'm going to have another Big Mac. Later, losers.
每天生气

benjipwns

Mods have been super vocal previously that behaviour off-site does not constitute bans on Era, it's been an issue in the past when there are members that are being bigoted on other sites, or sharing personal details of other Era members, it getting brought back to mods, and mods refusing to take action. But now the opposite is applying in this case, while the policy as it had been stated previously is still in place for the mod in question.

If moderation policy has changed since those past events, I'm not sure. I haven't been active in the community much over the past 10ish months, and I readily admit they may have changed in that respect! But as it is with the experience I have it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, completely disregarding every other issue with all of this.
Quote from: kitchenmotors
That’s what happens when forum personalities take over the modding. Even though the old place was shit, I feel like the modding there was handled way better. The transparency here is just a smokescreen.
Oof.
This is still baffling to me.

You have creeps here gleefully stalking other members and the mods won’t do shit about it a second long as the information is posted offsite.
i think they're talking about you guys

ResetBanBot

I said Cerium, not you BanBot racist fuck.
There's absolutely nothing racist about referencing the well establish history of white women participating and even leading the lynching of black men.

Cauliflower Of Love

:delicious

#freelaramie

benjipwns

I'm trying to catch up now cause there is so much to unpack here.

So apparently, mods have a safe space where they can apparently talk shit?

That is...alarming, to say the least.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty

Cauliflower Of Love

I appreciate your attempt to empathize but you have said it yourself. It doesn't matter. I've outlined the things I want staff to answer regarding this issue. Until these questions are answered, this situation lives on as vague and mishandled. Your goal should be to provide action that speaks volumes about support for LGBT+.

I think it's safe to say that hobbes has murdered an alphabet poc and is looking for redemption by era knighting.

Boredfrom

Mods have been super vocal previously that behaviour off-site does not constitute bans on Era, it's been an issue in the past when there are members that are being bigoted on other sites, or sharing personal details of other Era members, it getting brought back to mods, and mods refusing to take action. But now the opposite is applying in this case, while the policy as it had been stated previously is still in place for the mod in question.

If moderation policy has changed since those past events, I'm not sure. I haven't been active in the community much over the past 10ish months, and I readily admit they may have changed in that respect! But as it is with the experience I have it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, completely disregarding every other issue with all of this.
Quote from: kitchenmotors
That’s what happens when forum personalities take over the modding. Even though the old place was shit, I feel like the modding there was handled way better. The transparency here is just a smokescreen.
Oof.
This is still baffling to me.

You have creeps here gleefully stalking other members and the mods won’t do shit about it a second long as the information is posted offsite.
i think they're talking about you guys

Joke is on them, I don’t have a Era account.  :snob

ShutUp

Like just imagine getting so high off the power of being a video game forum moderator that you start acting like a crooked cop.
I mean, the mod in question is a Kamala Harris stan...
:teehee

Either ban Royalan, or ban me @mods

Kinda done with this shit site.
:badass

Turning on black women Democrats now too? Truly nobody is safe when they are in a fit of rage and mashing the keyboard.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
if admin reverses course, why on earth would you ever want to be a mod for such a site

remy

I don't buy into conspiracies, but they setup an llc and had a plan for distribution of accrued funds along with setting up influencers to talk to OTs.

The influencers/OTs all met on a Discord, had the forum to themselves for a bit, and went onto become Mods/Admins/Community Leaders.

Also the owners of the llc were all wealthy neolibs who bragged about exceeding donation limits to HRC several times over through Super PACs

ResetERA was setup to distribute funds equally among a community clique
It does seem wild they had that shit good to go but I think they just got fucking lucky and capatilised on something that happened around the same time.

benjipwns

Would a compromise be that the information could be shared with a well respected member of the community in order for a certain amount of "independent verification"? I understand that the information shouldn't be made "public" (for want of a better word), since it may cause collateral damage to those who have nothing to do with this, but it would also allow for a level of trust to be built back up.
the problem is all the members are ResetERA.com members

Cauliflower Of Love

so how about that fake cancel culture

:rodney

ResetBanBot

Unban Ket
Unban Brock
Permaban Royal
the only solution tbh, cerium has to get the rope or lose his little ad revenue boat.

ShutUp

That initial wall of text from non mod Sweet Nicole basically demanding the release of KetKat talking about how if Ket does it again then it's on her.

:foodcourt bitch please, we would get the same mutiny we are currently seeing and you know it

benjipwns

Unbelievable. I guess they don't vet mods/admins here. Who knows what other shit heels are running this place.
wait until you find out!

Potato

• Senior's Member
To all the sane members of Resetera lurking this thread, if you have any thoughts about salvaging a functioning forum you should be pushing back against the insane Resetera trans community and their utter bullshit they're pulling.

Call them out. You know Ketkat deserved the ban and that the trans community has been shitting up the whole forum since its inception. Do it you cowards.
Spud

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
too much coddling
spare the rod, spoil the child or w/e white people say was onto something, just like rich kids grow up obnoxious due to never being told otherwise

remy

if admin reverses course, why on earth would you ever want to be a mod for such a site
Why would you ever work for free as a moderator on any site? who needs that shit for status lmao

shosta

Uhhh some people should probably do a little research and learn that asexual people can also be gay and trans so maybe you don’t put your foot in your mouth.
what

Ok now I'm leaving for real
每天生气

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
Why would you ever work for free as a moderator on any site? who needs that shit for status lmao

benjipwns

ScribbleD was the first person banned in the whole affair and nobody even cares about him lol

Boredfrom

Uhhh some people should probably do a little research and learn that asexual people can also be gay and trans so maybe you don’t put your foot in your mouth.

:dayum :goty :iface :sheik

ResetBanBot

It's very easy, cheap and quick to setup a new XenForo board. Anyone in a decent sized clique could make an attempt to schism the board again. I don't think Cerium was in any real special position when he started ResetEra. Apparently easy to monetize as well.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
It's very easy, cheap and quick to setup a new XenForo board. Anyone in a decent sized clique could make an attempt to schism the board again. I don't think Cerium was in any real special position when he started ResetEra. Apparently easy to monetize as well.

DO IT NOW YOU COWARDS

paprikastaude

resetti OT is burning because glorified incels have been denied appreciation?  :neogaf

benjipwns

i think it's kinda not a good look to have the thread titled "fuck acephobes" i mean, that's what asexual people don't want!

ShutUp

Asexual people have no sexual attraction to anybody. Era: they can also be gay

:confused :confused