Author Topic: Xbox Series S and X  (Read 81860 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Xbox Series X - Render provided by TurboSquid.com
« Reply #240 on: February 26, 2020, 02:09:43 PM »
i don't remember what pod it was but they were mentioning for the indie games it'd be pretty easy to get them onto game pass. just pay the dev whatever they would be expecting to make on the platform over X years but give it to them upfront and a lot of devs would take the quick upfront money without too much problem.

plus according to phil gamepass members spend more on games and dlc than non members so that has to count for something.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #241 on: February 26, 2020, 02:17:02 PM »
MS has been bleeding so much cash with Xbox, I don't think they give a fuck. Wouldn't be shocked if they go for 450-500 and just take the big L.

Bleeding what cash?  I think people think GamePass is some big cash bleed.. and by their own words, it isn't.. and logically it isn't either.   Remember that XBL Gold is practically pure profit for them, and even if you got GamePass for 3 years for $1 you still had to buy Gold for that... GamePass right now has eaten into profits IMO, not caused them to bleed cash.

They aren't paying nearly as much for games to be on GamePass as people think they are IMO.

Both the OG Xbox and the Bone were complete disasters. The 360 did OK although that was most likely not a great financial success, especially with the RRoD fiasco.

Back when they were publishing numbers, without obfuscating them by being rolled into other divisions, it didn't look pretty at all.
And ever since they stopped (early Bone years), it's been nothing but massive drops in % revenues every quarter.

You have to be quite delusional if you think the Xbox adventure made them money overall :neogaf

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #242 on: February 26, 2020, 03:59:38 PM »
MS has been bleeding so much cash with Xbox, I don't think they give a fuck. Wouldn't be shocked if they go for 450-500 and just take the big L.

Bleeding what cash?  I think people think GamePass is some big cash bleed.. and by their own words, it isn't.. and logically it isn't either.   Remember that XBL Gold is practically pure profit for them, and even if you got GamePass for 3 years for $1 you still had to buy Gold for that... GamePass right now has eaten into profits IMO, not caused them to bleed cash.

They aren't paying nearly as much for games to be on GamePass as people think they are IMO.

Both the OG Xbox and the Bone were complete disasters. The 360 did OK although that was most likely not a great financial success, especially with the RRoD fiasco.

Back when they were publishing numbers, without obfuscating them by being rolled into other divisions, it didn't look pretty at all.
And ever since they stopped (early Bone years), it's been nothing but massive drops in % revenues every quarter.

You have to be quite delusional if you think the Xbox adventure made them money overall :neogaf

Is this post supposed to do anything but make you look like a bored Sony pony that has no games to play? 

OH!

Raist

« Reply #243 on: February 26, 2020, 04:43:25 PM »
No one said they have overall made money on the project, they are probably billions in the red.

I'm not entirely sure how this does not pretty much mean that they've been bleeding cash overall. Other than pedantic semantics ::)

Which goes back to my original point. They're not going to worry about taking an initial big loss on XxxBoxxX Series XxX.

Is this post supposed to do anything but make you look like a bored Sony pony that has no games to play?

Still waiting on the results of that half a decade investment in first party huh? :ohyou

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #244 on: February 26, 2020, 05:32:25 PM »
Gamepass on PC isn't tied to Gold, so on that front, it's probably just an investment for the future.

Anyway, on the subject of selling at a loss, i just don't get why they'd do it, when selling the plastic box itself doesn't seem as crucial anymore, and instead pushing the service itself (cloud, or at least multi platform) seems to be the new hotness.
Even Sony is letting go of some exclusives.

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Xbox Series X - Corona Delay Incoming
« Reply #245 on: March 16, 2020, 08:37:21 AM »
Some new info and slightly more detail

More console detail + specs: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/03/16/xbox-series-x-tech/

Controller info: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/03/16/xbox-series-x-controller/

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #246 on: March 16, 2020, 08:55:11 AM »
i have little reason to buy an xbox, cause i prefer pc and most if not all of their games is coming there. but that the controller is finally better for small boi hands like mine is sensational. thank you bill gates.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #247 on: March 16, 2020, 11:45:31 AM »
Plz don't delay noooo  :'(

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #248 on: March 16, 2020, 11:59:31 AM »
consoles are in just such a weird position rn or I'm old

Raist

« Reply #249 on: March 16, 2020, 02:59:44 PM »
Those internals are... something else :lol

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #250 on: March 16, 2020, 03:03:50 PM »
Haha a 3.8 cpu. I thought this was supposed to be the most op console ever. :doge
Hi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #251 on: March 16, 2020, 04:02:11 PM »
Sweet new Xbox how is HALO coming alo... "WATCH THIS VERY COOL PORT OF GEARS 5 WOOO BANG BANG FORZA PORT VROOOOMM"

So yeah about the new game from Ninja...

"WEEEEEE SEA OF THIEVES IS COMING TO XBOX ONE X SERIES X X X SERIES!!!"
🤴

mormapope

« Reply #252 on: March 16, 2020, 04:37:20 PM »
This Xbox is making so many people blow loads, I anticipate next gen to be incredibly cutthroat and much closer to the 360/PS3 gen regarding competition.

consoles are in just such a weird position rn or I'm old

I'd say the gimmicks have been shed and the focus is solely on dedicated gaming machines. At this point, its bang for your buck, getting a comparable experience to gaming PC's for half the cost.

OH!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #253 on: March 16, 2020, 06:13:42 PM »
Haha a 3.8 cpu. I thought this was supposed to be the most op console ever. :doge
sounds like its a ryzen 3700 (non x) to me. that's pretty solid and definitely current gen pc tech. boost seems to be throttled a bit, probably for heat purposes.

as a comparison point, here's the x1x and ps4 pro (xbox on left, ps4 on right)

« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 06:18:10 PM by nachobro »

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #254 on: March 16, 2020, 06:28:53 PM »
Wow so they arent going with a laptoo cpu again?

Nice

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #255 on: March 16, 2020, 06:37:45 PM »
does that DF video have an explanation for why 6GB of the RAM is clocked slower? or which set of RAM the OS reserves on?

bluemax

« Reply #256 on: March 16, 2020, 07:14:09 PM »
Microsoft is doing some of their GDC talks starting tomorrow. There's one on Wednesday around noon Pacific about the XSX and xCloud.
NO

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #257 on: March 18, 2020, 11:36:14 AM »
Will this have some advantage when I run it in 1080p?

Like more gfx options or supersampling?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #258 on: March 18, 2020, 11:57:49 AM »
does that DF video have an explanation for why 6GB of the RAM is clocked slower? or which set of RAM the OS reserves on?
https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/fjy1sw/why_xbox_series_xs_dumb_106gb_memory/

This guy is on the right track, I think.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #259 on: March 18, 2020, 12:18:59 PM »
I really don't get how the high end hardware specs even  matter nowadays. You're going to be stuck playing games that have to run on my PS5 even if you blow six hundred bucks on the turbo xbox or whatever.

I can't think of a generation where the differences between consoles mattered less than this past one. Would be interesting if the Xbox's additional power actually got put to use.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #260 on: March 18, 2020, 02:58:02 PM »
Lmao sounds like something ps2/xbox one users would say

kingv

« Reply #261 on: March 18, 2020, 07:11:19 PM »
I feel like the Bone and Ps4 were closer in actual games than any previous consoles.

There really weren’t many games on X1 that were truly unacceptable.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #262 on: March 18, 2020, 08:55:11 PM »
I know i'm a neurotic freak because the thing I was most excited about was the low latency controllers.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #263 on: March 18, 2020, 08:58:17 PM »
and old controllers being updated with the latency tech :lawd

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #264 on: April 16, 2020, 04:17:27 PM »
Already leaked, Xbox One X Cyberpunk ed.

🤴

Trent Dole

« Reply #265 on: April 16, 2020, 07:03:21 PM »
Is the console design based on a trapper keeper?
Hi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #266 on: April 16, 2020, 08:01:08 PM »
I kinda like the controller but I think you could've done something way cooler with the Cyberpunk aesthetic  :yeshrug
🤴

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #267 on: April 16, 2020, 08:36:58 PM »
Oh, is that what the ARG Cyberpunk's social media was going on about? :goty2

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #268 on: April 17, 2020, 04:02:25 PM »
dumb bitches thought a demo would be end game.....

Also controller not even an Elite, GTFO.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #269 on: June 15, 2020, 06:28:23 PM »
So Xbox released some information on Smart Delivery.
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/06/15/what-is-smart-delivery-xbox-series-x/

These games will be Xbox Series X Optimized (although not all (including CP2077)) at launch.
Everything else will be backwards compatible.

Halo Infinite
Cyberpunk 2077
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
Destiny 2
DiRT 5
Scarlet Nexus
Chorus
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2
Yakuza: Like a Dragon
The Ascent
Call of the Sea
Gears 5
Second Extinction
Metal: Hellslinger

So we basically get 4 'tiers' of Xbox games.

- No Smart Delivery
- Backwards compatible
- Xbox Series X 'optimized'
- Actual next gen games (like Resident Evil 8 )
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #270 on: June 15, 2020, 06:58:38 PM »
looks like a shit ljneup
What

mormapope

« Reply #271 on: June 15, 2020, 08:16:47 PM »
Games that will be optimized at launch for next gen equals....a shit lineup. Are you saying the launch is going to be shitty? That isn't the entire library of launch games or games this fall  :lol

Even says in the link

As this list grows in the weeks and months leading up to the Xbox Series X launch, we’ll keep it updated to reflect any additions. 

OH!

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #272 on: June 15, 2020, 08:54:17 PM »

These games will be Xbox Series X Optimized (although not all (including CP2077)) at launch.

Halo Infinite
Cyberpunk 2077
Destiny 2
DiRT 5
Scarlet Nexus
Chorus
The Ascent
Call of the Sea
Gears 5
Second Extinction

- No Smart Delivery
- Backwards compatible

What is the difference between these? Is "no smart delivery" to say that the game *is* potentially optimized for next gen, but you gotta pay the update?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #273 on: June 15, 2020, 08:58:31 PM »
Games that will be optimized at launch for next gen equals....a shit lineup. Are you saying the launch is going to be shitty? That isn't the entire library of launch games or games this fall  :lol

Even says in the link

As this list grows in the weeks and months leading up to the Xbox Series X launch, we’ll keep it updated to reflect any additions. 
Also launch lineups are ALWAYS shit.
PS4 had Killzone Shadowfall and Knack as the biggest exclusives, and then, like Blackflag and Battlefield 4 as the biggest crossgens.  :-\
Even Infamous Second Son wasn't a launch game, but came out a bunch of months into 2014.

mormapope

« Reply #274 on: June 15, 2020, 09:14:16 PM »

Halo Infinite
Cyberpunk 2077
Destiny 2
DiRT 5
Scarlet Nexus
Chorus
The Ascent
Call of the Sea
Gears 5
Second Extinction

- No Smart Delivery
- Backwards compatible

What is the difference between these? Is "no smart delivery" to say that the game *is* potentially optimized for next gen, but you gotta pay the update?

If you buy a last gen game, you get the updated Series X version for free. It's different from BC because improvements with BC games will be different than what's in current gen versions.

Lastly, some new and existing Xbox One titles will be Optimizing their games after the Xbox Series X launches.  For example, if you buy Cyberpunk 2077 when it launches on September 17, you’ll be set to explore Night City on Xbox One.  If you pick up Xbox Series X at launch this holiday, you can play it there too in compatibility mode picking up exactly where you left off. Then, when CD PROJEKT RED delivers an Xbox Series X Optimized version of Cyberpunk 2077, you’ll automatically get upgraded once it’s available at no additional cost

You don't pay for anything. It's basically saying, based on your purchases from last gen, and if there are Xbox Series X versions of games made, you get the best version when made available.

This is Microsoft telling us, expect a fuck ton of last gen updates or remasters from this gen.

A remastered version of Resident Evil 7 for PS5/Xbox comes out. Capcom gives the okay for Smart delivery. Instead of playing RE7 with BC mode, you'll automatically get the Series X version.

That's the jist of it.
OH!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: Xbox Series X
« Reply #276 on: July 06, 2020, 05:34:10 PM »
I think people are going to be disappointed and come in with pitchforks ready but fuck it BC baby
fat

paprikastaude

« Reply #277 on: July 06, 2020, 08:39:08 PM »
Sony only had Bethesda and Capcom, so I guess the other 3rd parties will be there like Namco with Elden Ring.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #278 on: July 06, 2020, 10:49:18 PM »
When are these turds (Sony and MS) gonna reveal prices and release dates alfuckingready
yar

Trent Dole

« Reply #279 on: July 07, 2020, 01:00:15 PM »
There's a lot of playing chicken going on. Just put numbers between 400 and 600 in a hat and pull one out.
Hi

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #280 on: July 07, 2020, 01:14:05 PM »
make them free :biden
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #281 on: July 16, 2020, 06:50:11 PM »
MS announced they've stopped production of the Xbox One X and Xbox One Digital Edition.
Only the Xbox One S remains in production.
https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/16/21327330/microsoft-xbox-one-x-s-digital-edition-discontinued
🤴

Trent Dole

« Reply #282 on: July 16, 2020, 07:47:34 PM »
Killing the SAD edition makes sense cause it's stupid and sucks and nobody asked for it especially with them pricing it at whats the regular S edition is on sale for all the time but nixing 1X feels like an odd move to me.
Hi

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #283 on: July 16, 2020, 08:56:52 PM »
The One X has a unique hardware set, it's a third model effectively as it has its own CPU/GPU/RAM not shared with either the other One models or the Series X. It's easier to maintain the S line, then create a new "middle tier" model that's a clocked down or removed parts Series X but is the same hardware set inside.

Xbone S: Jaguar CPU, GCN2 GPU, DDR3 RAM
Xbone X: Jaguar Evolved CPU, GCN4 GPU, GDDR5 RAM
Series X: Zen2 CPU, RDNA2 GPU, GDDR6 RAM

Presumably the Lockhart would also be Zen2/RDNA2/GDDR6 but just with "less" of everything.

Raist

« Reply #284 on: July 17, 2020, 06:03:58 AM »
The One X has a unique hardware set, it's a third model effectively as it has its own CPU/GPU/RAM not shared with either the other One models or the Series X. It's easier to maintain the S line, then create a new "middle tier" model that's a clocked down or removed parts Series X but is the same hardware set inside.

Xbone S: Jaguar CPU, GCN2 GPU, DDR3 RAM
Xbone X: Jaguar Evolved CPU, GCN4 GPU, GDDR5 RAM
Series X: Zen2 CPU, RDNA2 GPU, GDDR6 RAM

Presumably the Lockhart would also be Zen2/RDNA2/GDDR6 but just with "less" of everything.

And no eSRAM. Not that it would have been necessary anymore. It's really weird how they've gone for such a broad set  of changes for a mid-gen "refresh" when it was rather clear that the "One" line was just never going to recover.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #285 on: July 17, 2020, 12:18:27 PM »
Xbox One X was originally planned as a next gen machine with a new Zen CPU but Phil couldn't yet get the performance he wanted out of a new generation.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #286 on: July 22, 2020, 05:13:52 PM »
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #287 on: July 22, 2020, 06:16:23 PM »
Meanwhile in Europe: Please take one, we‘ll almost pay you to take one.

Yulwei

« Reply #288 on: July 22, 2020, 07:10:22 PM »
https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1286038538769838081

:thinking

I’ll be buying an Xbox this gen. Ps4 was a flimsy pos and I do not care for Sony’s movie games. I just want halo  :larry

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #289 on: July 22, 2020, 07:44:38 PM »
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #290 on: July 22, 2020, 07:45:37 PM »
I dunno, Playstation's a couple of PC ports away from becoming pointless, for me. :thinking
At least Microsoft's got my attention on PC with Gamepass.  :doge

Tasty

« Reply #291 on: July 22, 2020, 07:46:08 PM »
Wow it's really 2013 all over again :beli

BisMarckie

« Reply #292 on: July 22, 2020, 07:49:12 PM »
I dunno, Playstation's a couple of PC ports away from becoming pointless, for me. :thinking
At least Microsoft's got my attention on PC with Gamepass.  :doge

I‘ll buy a Xbox at launch this gen. Full backwards compatibility seals the deal for me and with MLB The Show coming to Xbox starting next year, there is no reason to pick up a PS5 until a model revision and/or a significant price drop.
And Sony games prices always crater a coupoe of months after release, so I can pick up what I missed for a song.

Yulwei

« Reply #293 on: July 22, 2020, 07:54:56 PM »
Yup that’s another thing, their backwards compatibility is going to be great.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #294 on: July 22, 2020, 07:56:13 PM »
For me it depends on the games how early I jump in.

Hopefully they have something cool tomorrow, like Perfect Dark or Ninja Gaiden, maybe a Lost Odyssey sequel.
Yes, I have very realistic expectations.
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #295 on: July 23, 2020, 04:57:29 AM »
Also Banjo-Threeie and a new Conker game.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #296 on: July 23, 2020, 05:15:16 AM »
Itagaki has been working on a new game, but I dknt think we'll see a new Ninja Gaiden from him sadly.

More excited about the BC on XBX than most AAA MS games anyway
What

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #297 on: July 23, 2020, 07:45:17 AM »
Yea full backwards compatibility with accessories and games is awesome, convinced me to pick up some physical games that had low print runs when they were being phased out for cheap knowing that even if I don’t get to them by the time the new console comes out I can just play them there.

Beezy

« Reply #298 on: July 23, 2020, 11:20:46 AM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #299 on: July 23, 2020, 11:25:53 AM »
Thats awesome but my Steam version?
What