Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1074334 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?
« Reply #15780 on: October 30, 2022, 05:55:47 AM »
🤴

Occam

« Reply #15781 on: October 30, 2022, 09:48:52 AM »
I got it again. I presume it's BA.5. Feels a bit worse than in February, but not too bad (like a head cold, only slightly elevated temperature, no breathing difficulties, sense of smell/taste seems ok).
I got it on a shuttle bus on the way to the airport. There was a sick person in the row behind me who had a bad cough and did not wear a mask. I did, but apparently when being directly exposed like this even FFP2 only works for about 15 minutes (because it only stops ~95% of the particles), after which you have accumulated enough virus particles to cause an infection.
This time I'm taking magnesium, vitamin D and some ibuprofen, which seems to do the trick.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15782 on: October 30, 2022, 10:39:40 AM »
Don't forget stomach protection pills when you take Ibuprofen. Chances are high you'll get a stomach ulcer if you don't.
I found that out the hard way when taking Ibuprofen to deal with an infected root canal.
🤴

Occam

« Reply #15783 on: October 30, 2022, 12:58:35 PM »
While it's correct that NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatories, eg. Aspirin, Ibuprofen) can cause high stomach acidity (which is why you shouldn't take them on an empty stomach) Ibuprofen does not cause ulcers right away.

"When used as directed to treat episodic pain, non-prescription ibuprofen at the maximum dose of 1200 mg/day for 10 days, is well-tolerated." "Gastrointestinal adverse experiences were similar in the placebo and ibuprofen groups"
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1046/j.1365-2036.1999.00539.x

"Stomach ulcers, bleeding, and tears happen to around 1% of people regularly taking NSAIDs for 3 to 6 months, and 2% to 4% of those using them for 1 year."

I don't intend to to take it for longer than three days, and I am not exceeding the maximum dose.
(I actually do have some antacids here just in case, but so far haven't needed them.)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #15785 on: October 31, 2022, 11:35:51 AM »
Shanghai Disney shuts over Covid, visitors unable to leave

The resort said at 11:39 a.m. local time (03:39 GMT) it would immediately shut the main theme park and surrounding areas including its shopping street until further notice to comply with virus curbs.

The Shanghai government said on its official WeChat account the park was barring people from entering or exiting and that all visitors inside the site would need to await the results of their tests before they could leave.

Anyone who had visited the park since Oct. 27 would need to test for Covid-19 three times in three days, it said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/31/shanghai-disney-shuts-over-covid-visitors-unable-to-leave.html

:pika
:O

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #15786 on: October 31, 2022, 10:52:34 PM »
Shanghai Disney shuts over Covid, visitors unable to leave

The resort said at 11:39 a.m. local time (03:39 GMT) it would immediately shut the main theme park and surrounding areas including its shopping street until further notice to comply with virus curbs.

The Shanghai government said on its official WeChat account the park was barring people from entering or exiting and that all visitors inside the site would need to await the results of their tests before they could leave.

Anyone who had visited the park since Oct. 27 would need to test for Covid-19 three times in three days, it said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/31/shanghai-disney-shuts-over-covid-visitors-unable-to-leave.html

:pika

james

« Reply #15787 on: November 01, 2022, 01:00:18 AM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #15788 on: November 01, 2022, 01:57:47 AM »
As a passenger who almost certainly caught Covid on my most recent plane trip, I am all in favor of taking every available precaution during the flight.

Also, yikes:
http://twitter.com/emsea_squared/status/1586865461987315715

Occam

« Reply #15789 on: November 01, 2022, 02:15:27 AM »
Maybe there should at least be mandatory testing for people with obvious symptoms before they are allowed to do do air travel.
The person who infected me probably also infected dozens upon dozens of others in the shuttle bus, during check-in and on the plane.

Anyway, I'm starting to feel better, I think it'll be over soon.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15790 on: November 05, 2022, 05:40:40 AM »
As a passenger who almost certainly caught Covid on my most recent plane trip, I am all in favor of taking every available precaution during the flight.

Also, yikes:
http://twitter.com/emsea_squared/status/1586865461987315715
Makes sense that a chinese bio weapon would do that.
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #15791 on: November 06, 2022, 11:30:41 PM »
It’s possible that this did come from that Wuhan infectious disease research lab, but it’s more likely the result of insufficient safety protocols than intentional weaponizing.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #15792 on: November 07, 2022, 12:08:54 AM »
It’s possible that this did come from that Wuhan infectious disease research lab, but it’s more likely the result of insufficient safety protocols than intentional weaponizing.
I don't think anyone outside of the weirdo conspiracy theorists thought otherwise.
Spud

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15793 on: November 07, 2022, 07:21:51 AM »
My mom hasn't really gotten over it yet.  She still has low energy and no sense of smell.

james

« Reply #15794 on: November 07, 2022, 10:17:49 AM »
 :drudge :drudge :drudge
The U.S. has “crossed the epidemic threshold” when it comes to flu, federal health officials said Friday, as they outlined plans to deploy troops and FEMA personnel, and supplies like ventilators, if needed, in response to a nationwide surge of respiratory illnesses that also includes RSV and COVID.

U.S. flu hospitalizations are higher now than they’ve been at this point in every other flu season since 2010-2011, officials with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on a press call.

The country is seeing a resurgence of non-COVID respiratory illnesses like flu, RSV, rhinovirus, and enterovirus, with background levels of COVID, according to Dr. José Romero, director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases.

Federal officials are monitoring hospital capacity throughout the U.S. and are “standing by to deploy additional personnel and supplies as needed,” Dawn O’Connell, assistant secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services’ Administration for Strategic Preparedness and Response, said on the call.

https://fortune.com/well/2022/11/04/us-united-states-in-flu-epidemic-federal-health-officials-say-cdc-hhs-rsv-covid-omicron-2022/

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #15795 on: November 07, 2022, 11:25:34 AM »
Rounding us up in FEMA camps  :info
Margs

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #15796 on: November 10, 2022, 07:51:47 PM »
My mom hasn't really gotten over it yet.  She still has low energy and no sense of smell.

My aunt lost here sense of taste and smell for over 6 months. She recovered fully now.

One high school acquaintance has Long COVID. She's now had joint and spine pain for 13 months.

Occam

« Reply #15797 on: November 11, 2022, 08:44:40 AM »

Sorry to hear it. A friend of mine lost his sense of smell for a few months, after which it gradually returned to normal. I think it took three months.

I got over Covid pretty quickly this time, but I simultaneously caught a cold (which is also over now). I don't think I have any lingering Covid effects, but of course don't feel quite as energetic after fighting of two infections in a row.

I still believe that the "trick" with covid is to prevent nerve and tissue damage, and blood clots (=no long covid). Since the only thing I did differently this time was to take 400mg of magnesium per day (in addition to ibuprofen and vitamin D3), maybe that's what made the difference.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 08:49:03 AM by Occam »

Bebpo

« Reply #15798 on: November 20, 2022, 02:28:44 PM »
I got the new booster finally yesterday with the flu shot in the other arm.

Feels like one truck hit me and sent me flying into another truck  :nsfw

I don't think I'd get both at the same time again in following years. Also I think most of my pain is coming from the flu shot and the booster isn't worse than the previous booster so far. My flu shot arm is way more swollen and arm pit really sore and painful and a bit swollen. My covid booster shot is just normal arm sore, armpit is fine on that side so far. But killer headaches from all the pain. At least it should just last a few days.

*edit* Bleh, running up at 100F fever. Definitely feeling worse than any of the previous vaccines/flu shots. Rough stuff but hopefully just last a day or two. Maybe I shouldn't have gone for a 1.5 mile walk to get some light exercise and move my body around and 40 mins of driving for lunch.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 07:27:46 PM by Bebpo »

james

« Reply #15799 on: November 20, 2022, 04:05:53 PM »
Airport mask usage is down to like 3%

No one cares about grandma anymore :(

BIONIC

« Reply #15800 on: November 20, 2022, 04:23:58 PM »
:gun :whatisthis
Margs

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15801 on: November 21, 2022, 01:09:34 PM »
My mom says she is starting to feel better.  Her voice is still hard to listen too.  My uncle, who had it the worst with covid, now has it again but my aunt seems to have avoided getting it from him for a second time. 

james

« Reply #15802 on: November 21, 2022, 01:48:08 PM »
My mom says she is starting to feel better.  Her voice is still hard to listen too.  My uncle, who had it the worst with covid, now has it again but my aunt seems to have avoided getting it from him for a second time.

My mom did much better with round 2 so hopefully the same for your family

My dad got another booster, he's going for the two shots a year package

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #15803 on: November 22, 2022, 10:58:30 AM »

I don't think I'd get both at the same time again in following years. Also I think most of my pain is coming from the flu shot and the booster isn't worse than the previous booster so far. My flu shot arm is way more swollen and arm pit really sore and painful and a bit swollen. My covid booster shot is just normal arm sore, armpit is fine on that side so far. But killer headaches from all the pain. At least it should just last a few days.

*edit* Bleh, running up at 100F fever. Definitely feeling worse than any of the previous vaccines/flu shots. Rough stuff but hopefully just last a day or two. Maybe I shouldn't have gone for a 1.5 mile walk to get some light exercise and move my body around and 40 mins of driving for lunch.

I got the flu shot and bivalent booster Saturday as well... flu shot I didn't feel a thing but my covid shot arm was really sore all day (it's still got some lingering soreness). Felt super sleepy with a bad headache on Sunday but was back 99% on Monday.
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #15804 on: November 22, 2022, 12:55:19 PM »

I got the flu shot and bivalent booster Saturday as well... flu shot I didn't feel a thing but my covid shot arm was really sore all day (it's still got some lingering soreness). Felt super sleepy with a bad headache on Sunday but was back 99% on Monday.

Yeah, interesting how everyone's body reacts differently. My fever broke on Sunday night and had a splitting headache really sore both underarms yesterday. Today just fatigued and still a bit sore in both arms but otherwise getting close to being back. Probably by tonight or 72 hours will be over it.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15805 on: November 22, 2022, 06:53:51 PM »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #15807 on: November 27, 2022, 04:57:02 AM »

Chinese epidemiologist checklist:
  • Mask?  :chinacry Check
  • Hazmat suit?  :chinacry Check
  • Test kits?  :chinacry Check
  • Sub-machine gun?  :ussrcry  WTF?
Spud

BIONIC

« Reply #15808 on: November 27, 2022, 07:11:30 AM »
If 5auGi was carrying a fucking bazooka he might’ve kept the antivaxxers in check  :trumps
Margs

james

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #15810 on: November 28, 2022, 02:05:11 PM »
Hope she doesn't die suddenly.
©@©™

james

« Reply #15811 on: November 30, 2022, 03:08:31 PM »
Happy Birthday to the little virus that could

https://twitter.com/BNOFeed/status/1598025490132000768

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #15812 on: November 30, 2022, 05:18:30 PM »
Happy Birthday to the little virus that could

https://twitter.com/BNOFeed/status/1598025490132000768
6.6 million?

Just wait until that little bastard runs through China unchecked. We're gonna get several variants from that alone. Back to lockdown we go!!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Although, official figures from China will probably equal negative deaths
[close]
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15813 on: November 30, 2022, 05:25:58 PM »
I'm in support of a paid mandatory winter lockdown each year.

Gives us time to rest and play video games
🤴

james

james

Himu

« Reply #15816 on: December 21, 2022, 02:34:17 AM »
Nearly three years of parrying Covid and I got hit with the parry bait mix up. I have Covid. :facepalm

So far not bad but it is starting burn when I pee so I need to drink more water than I thought. I told my woman and she told me she wanted to examine my piece to see if it felt better and it perked right up, all nice and happy. At least I got some temporary relief. :obama :whew

Both original shots plus a booster. Haven't worn a mask regularly since February. I even rode in NYC subways without a mask and didn't catch it. Hahahaha you finally caught up, huh? Ya Commie disease fuck. :smug
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 02:58:22 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #15817 on: December 21, 2022, 09:31:00 AM »
So far not bad but it is starting burn when I pee so I need to drink more water than I thought.

yea.....totally covid

uh

james

« Reply #15818 on: December 21, 2022, 01:41:02 PM »
So far not bad but it is starting burn when I pee so I need to drink more water than I thought.

yea.....totally covid

uh

Yeah that's not covid my dude...

Best case scenario your woman has a yeast infection and she transferred it to you. Clears up quickly with over the counter anti fungal cream.

That or AIDS

Himu

« Reply #15819 on: December 21, 2022, 02:30:59 PM »
Covid is known to give stomach and bladder issues. UTI is another symptom.

But yeah I'm positive. My UTI symptoms have gone down but I keep getting dehydrated no matter how much I drink.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #15820 on: December 21, 2022, 02:33:45 PM »
Wrong thread it seems
IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #15821 on: December 21, 2022, 04:30:31 PM »
Urinary issues can be COVID symptoms in rare instances, but the most likely cause is some sort of STI. You should probably get tested.
Spud

Himu

« Reply #15822 on: December 21, 2022, 06:05:20 PM »
I keep falling asleep. Monday night I slept like ten hours. Then the next day I slept all day. Slept like a baby last night. Just woke from a nap.

Thankfully I drank lots of water and the burn is gone. But I still up getting way dehydrated. My time is spent between drinking water and drinking chai. Even getting up to walk to the bathroom makes you out of breath. It's something else. I see most of my symptoms going away besides the fever but I'm wise to know Covid likes the push and pull dance.

I haven't been having sex. Don't believe in p in v before marriage. Please stop disrespecting a woman you don't know because of your feelings towards me. Makes you all look like real bastards.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 06:33:58 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #15823 on: December 21, 2022, 06:32:32 PM »
So far I can't smell a thing but I can still taste, thankfully.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15824 on: December 21, 2022, 06:47:29 PM »
Did you do a COVID test?

There's a heavy flu doing the rounds that is not COVID but people claim it's worse than their COVID was.
🤴

Himu

« Reply #15825 on: December 21, 2022, 07:05:11 PM »
Did you do a COVID test?

There's a heavy flu doing the rounds that is not COVID but people claim it's worse than their COVID was.

Yeah man, I'm positive.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 07:11:19 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #15826 on: December 21, 2022, 07:15:03 PM »
I keep falling asleep. Monday night I slept like ten hours. Then the next day I slept all day. Slept like a baby last night. Just woke from a nap.

Thankfully I drank lots of water and the burn is gone. But I still up getting way dehydrated. My time is spent between drinking water and drinking chai. Even getting up to walk to the bathroom makes you out of breath. It's something else. I see most of my symptoms going away besides the fever but I'm wise to know Covid likes the push and pull dance.

I haven't been having sex. Don't believe in p in v before marriage. Please stop disrespecting a woman you don't know because of your feelings towards me. Makes you all look like real bastards.
Who disrespected a woman?
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Himu

« Reply #15828 on: December 22, 2022, 08:43:51 PM »
I feel pretty good today :obama

Still no smell but eh
IYKYK

james

BIONIC

« Reply #15830 on: December 22, 2022, 11:11:13 PM »
The ride never ends  :rejoice
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15831 on: December 23, 2022, 03:07:36 AM »
Has the WHO called zcyina a rolemodel yet?
🤴

Himu

« Reply #15832 on: December 24, 2022, 07:12:03 PM »
Symptoms are good! I survived Covid! :rejoice
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #15833 on: December 24, 2022, 07:53:31 PM »
Spilled some coffee creamer and used a rag and mopped. Felt a bit winded after. It's my only real symptom left. Any suggestions for it. No rapid heartbeat thankfully. Just give it time and don't overextend myself, I assume?
IYKYK

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #15834 on: December 24, 2022, 07:58:40 PM »
That's what I've heard mostly. Time. I do have one friend who had asthma and it ended up worse.
rub

Himu

« Reply #15835 on: December 24, 2022, 08:01:26 PM »
I mean, mine was mild. No hard breathing or struggling to get to sleep.

Hope it goes away quick.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15836 on: December 24, 2022, 08:07:55 PM »
In my experience It takes long-Covid folks 12 to 16 months give or take.
🤴

Himu

« Reply #15837 on: December 24, 2022, 08:11:02 PM »
I don't think this is long Covid nor was it suggested it was long Covid..
IYKYK

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #15838 on: December 24, 2022, 08:59:47 PM »
I love ‘reports’ out of China on anything, it’s all hedged guesswork. ‘Could be millions or hundreds … who knows?! Just know that something happened!’

Himu

« Reply #15839 on: December 27, 2022, 12:33:01 PM »
A humidifier has done wonders. I couldn't pray without being winded the other day. Now I can pray and feel more comfortable. I'll be back at work tomorrow.

Inshaa Allah.
IYKYK