Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3133169 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #16740 on: May 31, 2020, 06:01:43 PM »
are you doxxing hechts blog?

ShutUp

« Reply #16742 on: May 31, 2020, 06:16:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/minneapolis-protests-over-murder-of-george-floyd-police-response-more-severe-than-when-white-supremacists-stormed-capitol-see-threadmarks-to-help.213759/post-35534847

There's a large percentage of users that are actively avoiding this topic and another percentage using the smaller related topics to ask disingenuous questions as if they don't know what is going on. I truly believe that like Taylor Swift (or whoever the fuck), Era has a platform to also spread the message.

Either lock gaming sub for 24/48 hours, or move this topic into gaming.

:social2

But that would be awesome if happened.

Those same people would just avoid the topic on gaming side too. What are they gonna do, "post in this thread OR ELSE!!!" mod message on gaming side?

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #16743 on: May 31, 2020, 06:25:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/isnt-it-kind-of-hypocritical-that-people-gloss-over-the-whitewashing-in-avatar-the-last-airbender.216747/

Anyone feel this is a little hypocritical? They shit on media that call for historical accuracy in casting, but then also get upset when shows choose to ignore race in casting?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #16744 on: May 31, 2020, 06:30:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/isnt-it-kind-of-hypocritical-that-people-gloss-over-the-whitewashing-in-avatar-the-last-airbender.216747/

Anyone feel this is a little hypocritical? They shit on media that call for historical accuracy in casting, but then also get upset when shows choose to ignore race in casting?

currently arguing with someone on Tinder that you could use black actors in a live action Avatar am I wrong???

:lol

Of course.

To give an example, Phil Lamarr does the voice of Samurai Jack, an Asian character. But there's nothing really wrong with that because Phil is a black man.

Having said that, accurate race casting is the proper way to go.

:brain

Edit: it just keeps going

Eh accurate casting in a fictional world really doesn't feel as clear cut as just following the influences but to each their own. I just wouldn't have white people in it tbh

"It's fictional, so it's okay to cast diverse" (but no white people!)

paprikastaude

« Reply #16745 on: May 31, 2020, 06:32:08 PM »
I have literally never been exposed to white supremacist propaganda on Youtube, or indeed have ever watched clips of the Smurfs.

I get recommended funny meme videos and music related to what I'm listening to.

Maybe you shouldn't spend all your time watching agitprop culturewar videos :idont

I watch highly toxic content like Red Letter Media... yet I don't think I ever was recommended a video that had "sjw", "Trump" or anything along those lines in the title. How do these idiots not realize that it's their own fault getting that shit advertised   :doge

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #16746 on: May 31, 2020, 06:35:03 PM »
usually I get those recommendations watching era-approved videos

like watch the alt-right playbook and get recommended THE ALT-RIGHT PLAYBOOK IS A FRAUD AND HERE'S WHY
Uncle

EightBitNate

« Reply #16747 on: May 31, 2020, 06:35:53 PM »

currently arguing with someone on Tinder that you could use black actors in a live action Avatar am I wrong???

:lol

Of course.

To give an example, Phil Lamarr does the voice of Samurai Jack, an Asian character. But there's nothing really wrong with that because Phil is a black man.

Edit: it just keeps going

Eh accurate casting in a fictional world really doesn't feel as clear cut as just following the influences but to each their own. I just wouldn't have white people in it tbh

"It's fictional, so it's okay to cast diverse" (but no white people!)

That’s a dangerous argument to make imo. If someone wants to cast for an Japanese character, and they find a Korean and say “close enough”, how is that not even more insulting? Casually lumping all minorities together is idiotic.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #16748 on: May 31, 2020, 06:48:48 PM »

:idont
Uncle

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
sigh

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #16750 on: May 31, 2020, 07:50:11 PM »
not horrific enough for bad vibes thread and not sure where else to put it

Uncle

ShutUp

« Reply #16751 on: May 31, 2020, 08:08:03 PM »
Wanting to live apparently rent free after the first few months with total strangers...demanding these strangers give them money for weed or meds...access to streaming services without helping pay for it per month...

My lord. Where to begin with that one?

Snoopycat_

« Reply #16752 on: May 31, 2020, 08:08:16 PM »
After years of anti gun rants, Ree suddenly decides completely out of the blue they'd quite like a gun

I never, ever, ever in my life thought I'd think this way, but I'm starting to see the usefulness of the 2nd Amendment now.

In less than a week I think I've softened my stance on the 2A. I think it's time to invest.

I’ve already got my little arsenal, but might now pick up an AR

If anyone here is serious about getting a gun get proper training for the love of god. It is not a toy to LARP being a freedom fighter with, it is a serious weapon and should always be a last result in the name of self defense.

It's hilarious how quickly these people abandon their principles at the merest hint of anything that tests them.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #16753 on: May 31, 2020, 08:21:42 PM »
similarly

Uncle

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #16754 on: May 31, 2020, 08:28:28 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

This chick better be smoking hot and willing to let you lay some pipe every night to get that kind of a deal.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #16755 on: May 31, 2020, 08:32:59 PM »
the dissonance

"the cops are lying about outside agitators, make no mistake the violence is being caused by local black people who have had enough, and it's completely justified"

"the violence is being caused and exacerbated by fascist white nationalists, trying to make the peaceful black protesters look bad because of course the escalation is awful and shouldn't be condoned"

pick one
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #16756 on: May 31, 2020, 08:34:04 PM »
this stuff keeps getting posted at era and you can feel the palpable

Uncle

clothedmacuser

« Reply #16757 on: May 31, 2020, 08:40:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/minneapolis-protests-over-murder-of-george-floyd-police-response-more-severe-than-when-white-supremacists-stormed-capitol-see-threadmarks-to-help.213759/post-35551983
What's funny is that in every fictional piece of media, the fictional U.S. Presidents are always scared to go to the bunker even in serious danger because of the negative PR image it would create. But for Trump he can immediately run there and his supporters will still cheer him on.
Quote from: FreezePeech
He wants people to think he is in imminent danger to get more support for bigger crackdowns. Its been so obvious the last week the playbook here and its working.

5th dimensional chess
sigh

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #16758 on: May 31, 2020, 08:48:31 PM »
Of course.

This reasoning actually makes sense to me. :thinking
There is no such thing as an "Asian voice", so in terms of quality, the race of the actor has absolutely no bearing on the product.
But if it's instead a political issue (which it is) then from that point of view casting a PoC is in function of balancing out a casting bias, based on race.

Boredfrom

« Reply #16759 on: May 31, 2020, 08:53:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/u-s-cities-fear-protests-may-fuel-new-wave-of-covid-outbreaks.216828/

Sigh...

People cannot totally blame the protestors but is pretty naive to think that people would blame the governors and mayors for “no supporting protesters and rioters” when cases spike two weeks from now.

RE inability and unwillingness to understand this is what fucks me over all this.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Boredfrom

« Reply #16761 on: May 31, 2020, 09:15:08 PM »
the dissonance

"the cops are lying about outside agitators, make no mistake the violence is being caused by local black people who have had enough, and it's completely justified"

"the violence is being caused and exacerbated by fascist white nationalists, trying to make the peaceful black protesters look bad because of course the escalation is awful and shouldn't be condoned"

pick one

It is simple:

They want violence (or at leas incite it) but they don’t want to feel excluded from the actual protesters. Violence is okay as long is not made by “outside groups” and is about the issue at hand (police brutality).

They want to see society approve violence “For a good cause” and be recognized for being “in the right side”. They don’t violence being disassociated from this cause or, worse, talked about it like being in the wrong. That’s why they react so badly when a celebrity, reporters or politicians criticizing violence or downplay it, while regular people outside of theIt social media sphere of influence are okay if they support the protests but not the violence.

That’s why they are buying the brand stuff so easy, as long the Corp is telling them what they want to hear and is not in their shit list, is okay and even some sort of proud achievement of slacktivism.

Boredfrom

« Reply #16762 on: May 31, 2020, 09:17:25 PM »
Yeah but Sony really meant their message. ERA told me so.

Speaking of Snoy-era someone made this :lol

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ScornfulUnhealthyElephantbeetle-mobile.mp4

Is this pro or anti PS4/Xbox? I really cannot tell if is supposed to be ironic or played straight.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #16763 on: May 31, 2020, 09:50:13 PM »
Threads Kswee posted today:

• NYT: Black Americans Have a Message for Democrats: Not Being Trump Is Not Enough
  • HuffPost: They Were Fervent Trump Supporters. Then Coronavirus Hit.
  • Baltimore City protestors held a National Day of Protest Against Racism & Oppression on Saturday, May 30th in response to the death of George Floyd
  • Vice Motherboard: Amazon Owned Whole Foods Just Fired a California Employee Who Kept Track of Whole Foods Coronavirus Cases
  • AP: Pentagon ready to send troops to Minneapolis if state asks
  • After death of George Floyd, Maryland lawmakers forming bipartisan work group on police reform, accountability
  • Reuters: Trump National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien - The Trump administration will not invoke federal authority over the National Guard for now
  • Minneapolis' transit union releases statement demanding justice for George Floyd, puts out call for Americans to start a new Civil Rights Movement
  • New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio: I don’t blame police for driving into protesters
  • Two Reuters TV crew members fired upon by Minneapolis police with rubber bullets
  • NYC Bus Drivers Union Refuses to Transport Protesters for the NYPD
  • Former MD politician Heather Mizeur: Uncomfortable Truths of Whiteness

:dice
Fish<

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #16764 on: May 31, 2020, 09:55:22 PM »
:lucas holy shit
Uncle

clothedmacuser

« Reply #16765 on: May 31, 2020, 10:06:57 PM »
Look at the Boston stream on Woke. Nothing but white people doing this shit. This is why yall are the problem.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/minneapolis-protests-over-murder-of-george-floyd-police-response-more-severe-than-when-white-supremacists-stormed-capitol-see-threadmarks-to-help.213759/post-35557758
Its majority white people. A lot of the incidents are being done by white peopls wearing all black and completely covering their face. Its clear. Not saying PoC arent joining as well. I can almost guarantee most of the white people out there destroying shit are just doing because they can. They give no fucks about the cause.

I can't keep track of the narratives here.

White people looting aren't doing it for the cause.  Black people looting are.
Violence against police by black people is defending yourself.  White people against the police are outside agitators.
They explain away the looting by saying it's people from out of state when black people do it but when it's white people self-serving. 

How do you keep this all in your head at once.  I guess it's easy on Era because they have no solid principles. 

Why aren't white people supporting us?  No, not like that!

That Boston stream is pissing me off. Barely any Black people there, just white people looking to take photos with burned cars. Culture Vultures, all of them. These fucks will ruin it for everyone

Same guy posted all three.
sigh

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.

EightBitNate

« Reply #16768 on: May 31, 2020, 11:16:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nyt-black-americans-have-a-message-for-democrats-not-being-trump-is-not-enough.216915/#post-35554329

I'm white, but
Then be quiet. This is not about you. Just listen to black people and read the article.

👏👏👏

paprikastaude

« Reply #16769 on: May 31, 2020, 11:25:12 PM »
Yeah but Sony really meant their message. ERA told me so.

tbf at least the Sony account is fighting angry responses.  :doge

Still, this is a prime example of the laziness that identity politics result in. Let a megacorp have the absolute easiest way out with a few flowery Twitter words, maybe also do a commercial that has a diverse cast in it. Next thing you now, all these idiots will applaud and stop asking about worker exploitation, environmental pollution, tax evation or why your white male CEOs are so overpaid.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 11:37:12 PM by Spieler1 »

Ghoul

« Reply #16770 on: May 31, 2020, 11:30:05 PM »
The NFL tweet got absolutely roasted and rightfully so. I dunno who there thought it was a good idea.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #16771 on: May 31, 2020, 11:56:31 PM »
Habitat for Humanity being looted in Minneapolis. And our small local library is apparently on fire. Fucking hell. This is ridiculous.

IN

SUR

ANCE

:klob
Fish<

zepblackstar

« Reply #16772 on: June 01, 2020, 12:07:21 AM »
I am going to have fun with brands for social justice and buy our products for a long time.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #16773 on: June 01, 2020, 12:09:08 AM »
Habitat for Humanity being looted in Minneapolis. And our small local library is apparently on fire. Fucking hell. This is ridiculous.

IN

SUR

ANCE

:klob

must carefully say "this is ridiculous" where "this" could possibly refer to the state of the US, since implying destruction is not wonderful is bannable
Uncle

Ghoul

« Reply #16774 on: June 01, 2020, 12:12:22 AM »
Starting fire to own the lib-rary

clothedmacuser

« Reply #16775 on: June 01, 2020, 01:20:46 AM »
Where does Yum! Brands fall in this conflict?

What if they choose wrong? :fbm
sigh

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #16776 on: June 01, 2020, 01:27:18 AM »
Where does Yum! Brands fall in this conflict?

What if they choose wrong? :fbm

are you asking in good faith?

PogiJones

« Reply #16777 on: June 01, 2020, 01:38:34 AM »

If he doesn't have a RE account I'll eat my left shoe.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #16778 on: June 01, 2020, 01:58:52 AM »
Oh, hey, you're back. :-*

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #16779 on: June 01, 2020, 02:44:21 AM »
surprisingly even era has been overwhelmingly supportive of cops making positive gestures, because they get that even if it's disingenuous, it's something that needs to start happening anyway as a baby step

so add another point to the "redmerc is a troll" pool

Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #16780 on: June 01, 2020, 02:51:04 AM »
nm the rest of them started chiming in about copaganda after he set the tone

only a few pages before they were tearing up at the Houston police chief
Uncle

clothedmacuser

« Reply #16781 on: June 01, 2020, 03:22:33 AM »
surprisingly even era has been overwhelmingly supportive of cops making positive gestures, because they get that even if it's disingenuous, it's something that needs to start happening anyway as a baby step

so add another point to the "redmerc is a troll" pool

ABCAC

All Black Cops Are Coons.
sigh

Snoopycat_

« Reply #16782 on: June 01, 2020, 06:03:52 AM »
Oh no. It couldn't have happened at a worse time. The problematic relatives are back and this time they're apathetic

https://www.resetera.com/threads/things-will-never-change-so-theres-no-point-trying-my-parents-apathetic-attitude-to-the-protests-the-problem-with-white-moderates.216930/

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #16783 on: June 01, 2020, 06:13:08 AM »
Oh no. It couldn't have happened at a worse time. The problematic relatives are back and this time they're apathetic

https://www.resetera.com/threads/things-will-never-change-so-theres-no-point-trying-my-parents-apathetic-attitude-to-the-protests-the-problem-with-white-moderates.216930/

Huh, wonder what the crux of this is...

We live in the UK.

:comeon

Welp, there's your problem. The protests are kinda on a different continent.

Ghoul

« Reply #16784 on: June 01, 2020, 06:20:32 AM »

We live in the UK.

Shockingly we had a protest in Manchester and in London. Can't wait for the govt to blame that why we get a second peak.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #16785 on: June 01, 2020, 06:30:49 AM »

We live in the UK.

They could at least support the protests by buying a Playstation or any other Nepenthe approved brand.

Ghoul

« Reply #16786 on: June 01, 2020, 06:37:17 AM »
It'd be super funny if Neps car was set ablaze. Wonder what the take on insurance cures all would be then....

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #16787 on: June 01, 2020, 06:39:36 AM »
What if the looters burned down the warehouse where all the disc copies of the last of us 2 are stored :ohhh
(ice)

Ghoul

« Reply #16788 on: June 01, 2020, 06:40:57 AM »
they'd buy digital copies at an inflated price Sony should actually do that inside job.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #16789 on: June 01, 2020, 06:44:21 AM »
That's easy - Where were the police? I need a gun. Anyone supporting these protests will be perma banned. We do not give a platform to terrorists. Please support my Patreon.

Ghoul

« Reply #16790 on: June 01, 2020, 07:01:10 AM »
When #blacklivesmatter but they're looting a Disney store  :walkaway

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #16791 on: June 01, 2020, 07:18:23 AM »
they'd buy digital copies at an inflated price Sony should actually do that inside job.

You’d still have hilarious meltdowns about collectors editions going up in smoke tho :biden
(ice)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #16792 on: June 01, 2020, 07:19:42 AM »

You’d still have hilarious meltdowns about collectors editions going up in smoke tho :biden

Bork not getting his little anime girl tiddy mousepad  :rage
Margs

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16793 on: June 01, 2020, 07:21:06 AM »

Bork not getting his little anime girl tiddy mousepad  :rage

The Last Of Us 2 Joel tiddy mousepad
:lawd
ど助平

Ghoul

« Reply #16794 on: June 01, 2020, 07:27:46 AM »
Ellie mouse pad :stop

https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1267274658610438144

They really locked comments haha. Probably for the best though
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 07:33:23 AM by Ghoul »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16795 on: June 01, 2020, 07:38:44 AM »

This is crazy.

How someone so good at life that they feel they can charge for advice is only asking for rent money for such #winning :winning  :win :success

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #16797 on: June 01, 2020, 08:17:58 AM »
after much soul searching i'd like to take this thread to announce that i am against anti-black racism.

i invite you to show your solidarity by liking this post, or opposition through your silence.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16798 on: June 01, 2020, 08:19:01 AM »
after much soul searching i'd like to take this thread to announce that i am against anti-black racism.

i invite you to show your solidarity by liking this post, or opposition through your silence.

ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #16799 on: June 01, 2020, 08:38:31 AM »

its only anti-black racism though right? all those other flavours are cool