Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3127686 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #39720 on: March 18, 2021, 05:58:13 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tony-hawk-does-his-last-ever-ollie-540.395938/post-61032097
I hate to say it, but I don't understand what the physical limitation is. Is it a lack of balance? Is there minute dexterity required which he can no longer perform?

As someone who has a terrible sense of balance and never got into skateboarding, I'm having trouble grasping the mechanics of his problem. It just looked like he was going too slow to me.
So most of those were aborted attempts rather than failed ones? As I said, I don't understand the sport so I don't understand what I'm watching.

Also, lighten up people, I understand age, but I don't understand the abilities involved. Like, is it as physically dependent as dunking a basketball is?
What's the primary skill/ability required to perform an ollie 540º? Strength? Dexterity? Balance?

I understand you lose dexterity as you get older. Duh. And if it requires great strength/conditioning, that's easy to see why a 50 year-old can't do it. I have no clue as to how balance declines with age, but if it requires preternatural balance, then ok, I get it. But since I don't skateboard I don't know what skills he's using.
:lol

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #39721 on: March 18, 2021, 06:56:12 AM »
I took a sociology course years ago where the professor stated that interracial relationships between black men and white women was so prevalent in the US because they are on the same level socially.

Oi Oi

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #39722 on: March 18, 2021, 07:16:27 AM »
I took a sociology course years ago where the professor stated that interracial relationships between black men and white women was so prevalent in the US because they are on the same level socially.

Had no idea filler was a college professor.
Margs

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #39723 on: March 18, 2021, 07:18:40 AM »
BBC and PAWG is the only healthy relationship combination  :heart

Rman

« Reply #39724 on: March 18, 2021, 07:23:17 AM »
i never understood "shipping". are people that invested in make believe characters?

i love fiction too, but i never got this.  same with fan fiction.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #39725 on: March 18, 2021, 07:31:44 AM »
people are weird :trumps
(ice)

Rman

« Reply #39726 on: March 18, 2021, 07:48:23 AM »
people are weird :trumps
do you think it is because they don't have any passionate things they're working on that they over invest in these fictional worlds?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39727 on: March 18, 2021, 08:01:29 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tony-hawk-does-his-last-ever-ollie-540.395938/post-61032097
I hate to say it, but I don't understand what the physical limitation is. Is it a lack of balance? Is there minute dexterity required which he can no longer perform?

As someone who has a terrible sense of balance and never got into skateboarding, I'm having trouble grasping the mechanics of his problem. It just looked like he was going too slow to me.
So most of those were aborted attempts rather than failed ones? As I said, I don't understand the sport so I don't understand what I'm watching.

Also, lighten up people, I understand age, but I don't understand the abilities involved. Like, is it as physically dependent as dunking a basketball is?
What's the primary skill/ability required to perform an ollie 540º? Strength? Dexterity? Balance?

I understand you lose dexterity as you get older. Duh. And if it requires great strength/conditioning, that's easy to see why a 50 year-old can't do it. I have no clue as to how balance declines with age, but if it requires preternatural balance, then ok, I get it. But since I don't skateboard I don't know what skills he's using.
:lol

Uncle

SmokyDave

« Reply #39728 on: March 18, 2021, 10:38:14 AM »
Tony Orc > Tony Hawk.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #39729 on: March 18, 2021, 10:53:44 AM »
damn, a good smokydave joke

Shuri

« Reply #39730 on: March 18, 2021, 11:56:09 AM »
that dv tape shit is the fucking fakest attempt at 'a LeGendAry ErA ThreAD" ever. How can they be so gullible.

jorma

« Reply #39733 on: March 18, 2021, 12:10:03 PM »
Quote from: captive, post: 61055986, member: 1308

Foreigner Era is going full hate boner on the US aren't they?

Those non-us perspectives sure are welcome on ree, probably thanks to nep nep working 70 hour weeks :lol

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #39734 on: March 18, 2021, 12:19:56 PM »
We aren't used to our government actually helping us with a health crisis for free, so our brains are short circuiting and defending hoarding instead of being rational about the need to ensure countries have equal access

baby era out in full force.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #39735 on: March 18, 2021, 12:25:32 PM »
We aren't used to our government actually helping us with a health crisis for free, so our brains are short circuiting and defending hoarding instead of being rational about the need to ensure countries have equal access

Not to be cold, but why is it ridiculous for a citizen to want to ensure their country has doses for all its citizens first, before ‘ensuring countries have equal access’?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #39736 on: March 18, 2021, 12:29:45 PM »

Not to be cold, but why is it ridiculous for a citizen to want to ensure their country has doses for all its citizens first, before ‘ensuring countries have equal access’?

It's not at all ridiculous.

But there is a difference between nationalism and making sure one's country is taken care of first.

The former involves a "fuck everyone else" and the latter is just ordering priorities.

« Reply #39737 on: March 18, 2021, 12:35:05 PM »
Reeeeeeeees pretending that they care about other countries are adorable

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #39738 on: March 18, 2021, 12:36:50 PM »

It's not at all ridiculous.

But there is a difference between nationalism and making sure one's country is taken care of first.

The former involves a "fuck everyone else" and the latter is just ordering priorities.

Oh I agree. That thread is getting super spicy between US members wanting the US gov to make sure vaccinations for US citizens remains on track and Non-US members throwing hissy fits.

Cauliflower Of Love

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39741 on: March 18, 2021, 01:56:03 PM »

:kermit
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39742 on: March 18, 2021, 02:00:16 PM »
As a European Brit, I can understand the need to get countries with third world health care systems like the USA vaccinated first, while superior healthcare countries like Cuba can wait :snob

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #39743 on: March 18, 2021, 02:06:15 PM »
As a European Brit, I can understand the need to get countries with third world health care systems like the USA vaccinated first, while superior healthcare countries like Cuba can wait :snob

UK didn't have a great COVID response either.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39744 on: March 18, 2021, 02:09:56 PM »
the uk had more deaths per million than the us?
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #39745 on: March 18, 2021, 02:39:31 PM »
It’s really hard to describe. But blacks tend to be musclier and have a slightly different bone structure. This happened because of years of slavery, which is why blacks tend to be stronger than whites.

:info

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #39746 on: March 18, 2021, 02:52:13 PM »
enzo got got

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #39747 on: March 18, 2021, 02:57:23 PM »
the uk had more deaths per million than the us?

Yes, quite significantly so.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #39748 on: March 18, 2021, 03:04:38 PM »
I was referring to Africa-Americans, not all blacks. That and blacks do have a slightly different skull structure.

Found JordanN's era alt.
Oi Oi

BadAss2961

« Reply #39749 on: March 18, 2021, 03:05:21 PM »
The people watching Zack Snyder's Justice League in the ResetERA.com thread right now are all loving it, including some of the biggest critics, heartwarming to see. :heart

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:teehee
[close]
Haven't seen it yet, but it's ridiculous really. Snyder's always been very talented, and his work has shown that. Yet they've shit on him due to critics. Some of it was resentment over his dudebro speech, his taste for darker themes and violence, his edge. Some of it was even jealousy over his fitness, encouragement of peak physique for his characters, and his own drive to be about as jacked as the actors he was filming. Some of the suckers there call that 'toxic masculinity.'

But it was mostly due to how much power critics have over their minds. I'd guess many critics gave Snyder a fair shake here considering the circumstances; also how it's plain to see now how the studio butchered the whole thing. And in turn, REEE can finally come in with an open mind because RottenTomatoes told them its okay.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #39750 on: March 18, 2021, 03:05:53 PM »
I was referring to Africa-Americans, not all blacks. That and blacks do have a slightly different skull structure.

Found JordanN's era alt.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39751 on: March 18, 2021, 03:46:45 PM »
UK didn't have a great COVID response either.

Our gov fucked us plus we got a super spreader variant, but even so nobody is going to get fucked on medical care

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39752 on: March 18, 2021, 03:50:49 PM »
Haven't seen it yet, but it's ridiculous really. Snyder's always been very talented, and his work has shown that. Yet they've shit on him due to critics. Some of it was resentment over his dudebro speech, his taste for darker themes and violence, his edge. Some of it was even jealousy over his fitness, encouragement of peak physique for his characters, and his own drive to be about as jacked as the actors he was filming. Some of the suckers there call that 'toxic masculinity.'

Its even shallower than that; Disney talk a lot of talk about 'diversity', and nobody at AT&T does.
Therefore MCU = DIVERSE and DCEU = ALT RIGHT.

It really is that fucking idiotic.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #39753 on: March 18, 2021, 04:01:50 PM »
Especially when the DC books/shows were diversifying the shit out of a lot of their stuff long before it was seen as positive publicity and a fiscally responsible thing to do (black Supermans and green lanterns, gay/bi heroes left and right, etc., whatever the hell Hawk and Dove were).  Hell, half the arrowverse is probably gay and they never played it off like it was special or something, just normal everyday living.

Jansen

« Reply #39754 on: March 18, 2021, 04:33:29 PM »
Quote from: XBlade, post: 61023526, member: 9487

Wow at the disrespect for the steam version from Square. Square Enix is really something when it comes to PC ports.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #39755 on: March 18, 2021, 05:14:27 PM »
Quote from: incelsiorlef
Realistically just give me a Kate Pryde all lady X Book where they save the world and take time to do very gay things with each other...
:doge

:jgames :expert
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39756 on: March 18, 2021, 05:35:20 PM »
Especially when the DC books/shows were diversifying the shit out of a lot of their stuff long before it was seen as positive publicity and a fiscally responsible thing to do (black Supermans and green lanterns, gay/bi heroes left and right, etc., whatever the hell Hawk and Dove were).  Hell, half the arrowverse is probably gay and they never played it off like it was special or something, just normal everyday living.

do you know anything about comics?

genuine question non-shit thread topic kind of

I was curious about comicsgate and did a small dive earlier trying to find info on it and it feels like there's scarcely anything about what played out past the initial furor

from what I gather it's like, bros claimed marvel was doing the whole go woke get broke thing, introducing changes left and right that they hated, kamala khan, riri williams, female thor, straight white captain america was secretly a nazi, all this stuff

they liked saying that all these changes were made for pandering and nobody was actually buying these comics, but people on the other side argue that there was a massive comics slump and every comic was selling badly at the same time, but some woke comics were doing well, but I can't find any citations either way

I know for a fact kamala khan was/is popular

what's the current state of all this?  have any of these changes stuck around, and if so was it a giant nothingburger and they're selling just fine?

it feels like an un-googleable question

I do remember when marvel announced new heroes snowflake and safespace, met with general disapproval from both political leanings, and to date the characters have not appeared in anything
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #39757 on: March 18, 2021, 05:38:18 PM »
white nationalist era is ramping up

are they mad they didn't make cage the focus?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mortal-kombat-movie-producer-explains-why-a-certain-character-isnt-in-the-movie.395989/

horseshoe

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #39758 on: March 18, 2021, 05:39:03 PM »

It makes me think that it takes two to play that whole dumb culture war that is going on. Like Marvel just had their flagship Disney+ tv show focus mainly on their female superhero and there didn't seem to be any outrage at all. At the same time I also saw no one promote the show as super important representation.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39759 on: March 18, 2021, 06:51:51 PM »

It makes me think that it takes two to play that whole dumb culture war that is going on. Like Marvel just had their flagship Disney+ tv show focus mainly on their female superhero and there didn't seem to be any outrage at all. At the same time I also saw no one promote the show as super important representation.

you have ghostbusters 2016 hailed as sticking it to the haters, look it's FEMALE ghostbusters suck it fanboy pricks, and it becomes a lightning rod of shit

hidden figures also comes out in 2016, I recall zero controversy and the movie is well made and inspiring

annihilation comes out in 2018, a movie about 4 female scientists, no one says a word about how it's empowering young women in stem fields or brings up bechdel tests, and also the movie is awesome

just make good quality content and no one will throw a fit
:idont
Uncle

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #39760 on: March 18, 2021, 07:06:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-finally-figured-out-the-history-channels-brand.396400/

Quote from: Slayven, post: 61097035, member: 2504
I have next to zero interest in blacksmithing, forging, or metallurgy, but I will kill the hell out of 6 hours during a Forged in Fire Marathon. Tell me to watch dudes did through a hoarder's stash and i will say fuck you, but put it on a sunday afternoon and i am all in.

That is History Channel's brand, shit you wouldn't watch weekly if your life depended on it, but will devour it in marathon like nothing else in life matters.  For real "I got nothing else going on but I got these chips and alcholol, i am not going to agree Knight Temeplars hid time traveling UFOs on Oak island, but I will at least listen to the argument"

A stroke?
:isthis
Margs

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

FUME5

« Reply #39762 on: March 18, 2021, 07:41:19 PM »
User Banned (Duration Pending Reviw): Inappropriate Commentary; Boys Club Behavior; Long History of Similar Behavior

Pour it over your girlfriends T shirt and dm me the result.
Reviw says DEATH.

DEATH BY SNU SNU.

Should have said: "Pour it over your girlfriends T shirt and dm me the result, if she's comfortable with that".

FUME5 learned nothing from Louie CK

Eh, who gives a shit, hasn't been a community I want to be a part of for a long time.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39763 on: March 18, 2021, 07:46:19 PM »

you have ghostbusters 2016 hailed as sticking it to the haters, look it's FEMALE ghostbusters suck it fanboy pricks, and it becomes a lightning rod of shit

hidden figures also comes out in 2016, I recall zero controversy and the movie is well made and inspiring

annihilation comes out in 2018, a movie about 4 female scientists, no one says a word about how it's empowering young women in stem fields or brings up bechdel tests, and also the movie is awesome

annihilation was such an underrated film  :ohhh
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39764 on: March 18, 2021, 07:46:43 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-finally-figured-out-the-history-channels-brand.396400/

Quote from: Slayven, post: 61097035, member: 2504
I have next to zero interest in blacksmithing, forging, or metallurgy, but I will kill the hell out of 6 hours during a Forged in Fire Marathon. Tell me to watch dudes did through a hoarder's stash and i will say fuck you, but put it on a sunday afternoon and i am all in.

That is History Channel's brand, shit you wouldn't watch weekly if your life depended on it, but will devour it in marathon like nothing else in life matters.  For real "I got nothing else going on but I got these chips and alcholol, i am not going to agree Knight Temeplars hid time traveling UFOs on Oak island, but I will at least listen to the argument"

A stroke?
 :isthis
If a side effect of stroke means a person who can't spell anything can suddenly spell almost every word correctly...then yes!
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39765 on: March 18, 2021, 07:47:48 PM »
User Banned (Duration Pending Reviw): Inappropriate Commentary; Boys Club Behavior; Long History of Similar Behavior

Reviw says DEATH.

DEATH BY SNU SNU.

Should have said: "Pour it over your girlfriends T shirt and dm me the result, if she's comfortable with that".

Eh, who gives a shit, hasn't been a community I want to be a part of for a long time.

You should have gone out in a bigger blaze of glory than that though.
Spud

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #39766 on: March 18, 2021, 08:17:14 PM »
I respect going out burnin someone but maybe some Nintendoggy style brutality might have been good  :doge

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39767 on: March 18, 2021, 08:23:00 PM »
it's obnoxious to be a tryhard, you get to a certain point where saying a normal goof is too extreme and it speaks for itself
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #39768 on: March 18, 2021, 08:52:29 PM »
https://twitter.com/CNNBusiness/status/1370087192035491850

BDubs, you're next bitch!

McCammond apologized for the tweets before, when they surfaced in 2019 while still employed at Axios. The tweets resurfaced again over the weekend after Condé Nast announced her hiring on Friday. On Monday, a group of more than 20 Teen Vogue staff members sent a letter to management expressing concerns about McCammond's past tweets.

Welcome to the future, kidos

FUME5

« Reply #39769 on: March 18, 2021, 08:59:38 PM »
Maybe I should have told Astro they're an odious hypocrite and I'd gladly beat the shit out of them with a bike chain now that I think about it.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #39770 on: March 18, 2021, 09:17:48 PM »
Maybe I should have told Astro they're an odious hypocrite and I'd gladly beat the shit out of them with a bike chain now that I think about it.

What’s your opinion about white people? :curious

FUME5

« Reply #39771 on: March 18, 2021, 09:25:46 PM »
There's a lot of them I'd be happy to beat with a bike chain too.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39772 on: March 18, 2021, 09:29:09 PM »
Anyone with ANY sort of public profile that hasn't gone scorched earth on their old tweets is a fucking idiot.

Anyone with a Twitter account that hasn't gone scorched earth on their old tweets is a fucking idiot.
Spud

Tuckers Law

« Reply #39773 on: March 18, 2021, 09:37:46 PM »

do you know anything about comics?

genuine question non-shit thread topic kind of

I was curious about comicsgate and did a small dive earlier trying to find info on it and it feels like there's scarcely anything about what played out past the initial furor

from what I gather it's like, bros claimed marvel was doing the whole go woke get broke thing, introducing changes left and right that they hated, kamala khan, riri williams, female thor, straight white captain america was secretly a nazi, all this stuff

they liked saying that all these changes were made for pandering and nobody was actually buying these comics, but people on the other side argue that there was a massive comics slump and every comic was selling badly at the same time, but some woke comics were doing well, but I can't find any citations either way

I know for a fact kamala khan was/is popular

what's the current state of all this?  have any of these changes stuck around, and if so was it a giant nothingburger and they're selling just fine?

it feels like an un-googleable question

I do remember when marvel announced new heroes snowflake and safespace, met with general disapproval from both political leanings, and to date the characters have not appeared in anything

I don’t really know much about comics, but I have some friends who do and I pick up things here and there through osmosis.  I couldn’t possibly tell you what comicsgate was about, as the only time I paid it any attention I just assumed it was some usual tempest-in-a-teapot Twitter bullshit.

If I recall rightly, comic books themselves as an industry for profit has been on steady downward trajectory for a very, very long time, and they’ve become more valuable a commodity as sort of an IP farm to adapt into other mediums people are more willing to spend money in.

As for representation in comics, I always understood it as something that over the years more and more industry people were doing because they themselves were [insert label here] and were in a position to introduce it authentically, or sometimes it was a “just because” thing where the writers thought it would be compelling or add to the character or story.  And then the culture warriors in social media that don’t actually have the stones to try and create things they like would use those properties and instances as ammunition in their war against Eastasia.  It became more obvious as they started using sex-positive female-led properties as a battlefield for their usual Puritanism (something with which resetera is all too familiar).

My apologies for the care post PogiJones, I should’ve asked you beforehand.
But I didn’t.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #39774 on: March 18, 2021, 09:38:38 PM »
There's a lot of them I'd be happy to beat with a bike chain too.

So there are some white people you wouldn’t beat with a bike chain?  Now I see why you didn’t fit in with resetera.

BadAss2961

« Reply #39775 on: March 18, 2021, 09:52:49 PM »

Reviw says DEATH.

DEATH BY SNU SNU.

I got the pending review death sentence a little while back, turned into a perm about a week later. Sent in an appeal for shits and giggles, explaining how my so called history of behavior was bogus since I had nothing but a couple short term 3 day bans, and a couple 2 week bans including the pending review perm. All of them over various nonsense of course.

Here's the response a couple weeks or so later:

Hello BadAss2961,

Thank you for your message. Having reviewed your ban and history we have decided that it should be a permanent ban.

Take care,
ResetEra staff

lol

I know what it was though. I pissed off a lot of MCU fans in my day  :awesome

I hear you. If it's gonna be a perm let me at least get my money's worth first.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 10:04:40 PM by BadAss2961 »

FUME5

« Reply #39776 on: March 18, 2021, 10:50:42 PM »
Morrigan if you're reading this you may as well hit me with an advocating for violence against shit cunts too.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #39777 on: March 18, 2021, 11:32:01 PM »

And most of the movie is shot from behind.    So much booty in BDU's. 
sigh

« Reply #39778 on: March 18, 2021, 11:34:16 PM »
astro is the most insufferable cunt on that entire site

they can't have any friends offline because nobody would be able to stand them for more than a few minutes

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39779 on: March 19, 2021, 12:20:54 AM »
astro is the most insufferable cunt on that entire site

they can't have any friends offline because nobody would be able to stand them for more than a few minutes
None of these people behave like this in real life. They are all meek as fuck and wouldn't have the guts to say anything to anyone they disagreed with. It's why they behave this way online.
Spud