Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3135231 times)

BikeJesus

Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #49920 on: September 10, 2021, 06:44:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/project-eve-first-trailer-ps5-pc.484243/page-11#post-73114591

Quote from: BossAttack, post: 73114591, member: 16745
All these people jumping in just to say, "Wow, looks amazing."

You're not slick.

:badass

So now you are not allowed to say you like what you saw. They are all fucked in the head.

« Reply #49921 on: September 10, 2021, 07:20:52 PM »
KujoJousuke is a fan of Vtubers, specifically the ones that really lean into being horny as fuck like Marine (who also is a big fan of underage sexualization mind you).  Dude's performative as hell in there.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #49922 on: September 10, 2021, 07:23:35 PM »
do it motherfuckers, I dare you

ban people for saying "game looks good"

inflammatory comment, I mean clearly it inflamed BossAttack that makes it inflammatory
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #49923 on: September 10, 2021, 07:27:35 PM »
Uncle

BrokenVerses

« Reply #49924 on: September 10, 2021, 07:41:04 PM »
So this is the new Cyberpunk for them. Looking forward to a handful of posters making every thread unreadable for months on end.

wsippel

« Reply #49925 on: September 10, 2021, 08:06:06 PM »
Love the "looks like a generic Korean MMO" comments in the Eve thread, clearly written by people who have no fucking clue who Kim Hyung Tae is. Also, his wife and fellow character designer kkuem isn't exactly known for modest illustrations either: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/lxnn9O

And lets not forget their partner-in-crime Hyulla: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/kDlqm6

Thinking they'd maybe dial back the sexy is funny as fuck. Hyulla issued a public apology because the very prominent ass jiggle from the Nikke reveal trailer was toned down in later gameplay footage. He went on record explaining that it was just an animation glitch or something and that he'd make sure there'd be lots and lots of jiggle in the final game. They know their audience.

ShutUp

« Reply #49926 on: September 10, 2021, 08:47:59 PM »
the sad thing is that the game *did not* need to be so overtly sexualized. feels like the devs shot themselves in the foot sales-wise by shamelessly pandering to straight cis men.

Fucking what? And apparently lesbians can’t like the game for the sexy time main character.

ShutUp

« Reply #49927 on: September 10, 2021, 08:49:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-her-ass-is-part-of-her-character.275780/page-182#post-73087237

Quote from: PlanetSmasher
The Project Eve thread was the first time I've been legitimately, full-spec angry on Era in months. I had to step away for my own sanity.
Quote from: PlanetSmasher
Quote from: KujoJosuke
I like the person who got mad at me for being mean to the now permabanned member who was just wildly sexist (and who it turns out had previously been banned for defending underage sexualization).

Fuck decorum sometimes.

Seriously. The folks who tried to avatar-quote me, as if Rogue's super suit is somehow any dimension similar to what these devs are doing with their teenage girl protagonist, made me see red for a second.

(Image removed from quote.)

:kermit

:ufup

Quote from: Weltall Zero, post: 73113307, member: 8546

Literally the same picture, amirite? /s

What the hell is wrong with you?

Quote from: Crossing Eden, post: 73117873, member: 8191
Ava quoting Rogue and equating it to this game is probably one of the most disingenuous things I’ve ever seen on this forum. Full stop.

The Project Eve character is entirely covered up in that shot  :lol OMG WAIT I SEE BARE ARM

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #49928 on: September 10, 2021, 08:53:06 PM »
ShiftUp just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about American culture (I'm an expert), but prudishness and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Japan where you can become successful by making games with titties in them. If you objectify women in America, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Project Eve, nor will they purchase any of Sony's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but ShiftUp has alienated an entire market with this move.

ShiftUp, publicly apologize and cancel Project Eve or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #49929 on: September 10, 2021, 08:54:30 PM »
fuck man that's literally not even a parody

:tocry :goldberg :notlikethis
Uncle

ShutUp

« Reply #49930 on: September 10, 2021, 08:54:35 PM »
So this is the new Cyberpunk for them. Looking forward to a handful of posters making every thread unreadable for months on end.

It’s a shame the mods have no spine and can’t just tell those posters to take a hike if they don’t like people daring to be excited about an upcoming game. At least SOME of the mods have got to feel that way personally but don’t want to deal with these privileged assholes threatening mass exodus number three or four from the forum.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #49931 on: September 10, 2021, 09:03:54 PM »

It’s a shame the mods have no spine and can’t just tell those posters to take a hike if they don’t like people daring to be excited about an upcoming game. At least SOME of the mods have got to feel that way personally but don’t want to deal with these privileged assholes threatening mass exodus number three or four from the forum.

imagine every mod including morrigan and nepenthe are secretly like (well personally I think it looks like a great game and am not bothered by the ass and titties, but I have to keep up appearances for the sake of the others and defend imaginary women who might be offended)
Uncle

ShutUp

« Reply #49932 on: September 10, 2021, 09:07:24 PM »
BossAttack in that thread openly calling someone a dumbass. Amazing what you can get away with when you are a protected member.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #49933 on: September 10, 2021, 09:10:07 PM »
Love the "looks like a generic Korean MMO" comments in the Eve thread, clearly written by people who have no fucking clue who Kim Hyung Tae is. Also, his wife and fellow character designer kkuem isn't exactly known for modest illustrations either: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/lxnn9O

And lets not forget their partner-in-crime Hyulla: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/kDlqm6

Thinking they'd maybe dial back the sexy is funny as fuck. Hyulla issued a public apology because the very prominent ass jiggle from the Nikke reveal trailer was toned down in later gameplay footage. He went on record explaining that it was just an animation glitch or something and that he'd make sure there'd be lots and lots of jiggle in the final game. They know their audience.

According to someone in that thread this son of a bitch even founded the studio. He founded a legit studio to make his horny game.

New personal hero

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #49934 on: September 10, 2021, 10:56:56 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol

Yet another game where you have to say, "fuck this game, it looks awesome, but fuck it!"
sigh

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #49935 on: September 10, 2021, 11:01:28 PM »
User Banned (1 week): Inflammatory comparison.
Do we have to dig into this tired old trope?
Like... you don't have to if you don't want to. Just don't post in the thread.
Let me clarify then.

As a person with an identical twin, I’ve had to deal with stupid “which of you is the evil twin?” micro-aggressions from young childhood. I find this entire trope to be very deeply and personally offensive. It is a shitty trope.

So i’m not going to just tolerate and ignore it any more than a black person should be expected to tolerate something racist.

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #49936 on: September 10, 2021, 11:20:08 PM »
They were going so well until they mentioned black lol

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #49937 on: September 10, 2021, 11:27:03 PM »
Meanwhile comparing butt shots in a videogame to putting black people in zoos is approved by the mods

« Reply #49938 on: September 10, 2021, 11:34:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/project-eve-first-trailer-ps5-pc.484243/page-12#post-73134898

Gleefully consuming, participating in and rewarding objectionable content without criticism, says something about the person.

Okay, I think this guy is a troll/alt because that's a ridiculous standard to hold people to in the context of a gaming discussion board.  And the guy even has an avatar from an Uchikoshi game, which can get pretty damn pervy.

Boredfrom

« Reply #49939 on: September 10, 2021, 11:43:55 PM »
Let me clarify then.

As a person with an identical twin, I’ve had to deal with stupid “which of you is the evil twin?” micro-aggressions from young childhood. I find this entire trope to be very deeply and personally offensive. It is a shitty trope.

So i’m not going to just tolerate and ignore it any more than a black person should be expected to tolerate something racist.

So that guy is the evil twin.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #49940 on: September 11, 2021, 12:04:47 AM »
Let me clarify then.

He’s totally the evil twin and he knows it

Fuck you boredfrom!

Propagandhim

« Reply #49941 on: September 11, 2021, 01:33:37 AM »
Let me clarify then.

:lol

SmokyDave

« Reply #49942 on: September 11, 2021, 03:01:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gamesindustry-employee-survey-at-paradox-interactive-alleges-gender-discrimination-and-mistreatment.482431/#post-72766516

Quote from: May
Sadly, this isn't exclusive to the games industry either. This stuff happens in every single company that's big and/or old enough to have old cis white men at the top. It all trickles down from there. People need to get real and realize this isn't a games industry, or entertainment industry problem. This is sadly far faaar bigger.

Hopefully in the future we'll have a lot more women and queer people in those sort of roles, and then hopefully this stuff disappears.
Quote from: Exist 2 Inspire
Doesn't Paradox have a female CEO?
That is a big surprise, but nevertheless the point still stands even if it's not completely applicable in this case. Between her and those issues are a lot more old white men in suits that this sort of sexist toxicity is probably enabled by.

Impressive stuff from the Verafied Furry. Makes snap judgement, is totally wrong, repeats snap judgement and keeps it rolling. Definitely someone that would run a company responsibly if given any power whatsoever.

jorma

« Reply #49943 on: September 11, 2021, 03:18:45 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gamesindustry-employee-survey-at-paradox-interactive-alleges-gender-discrimination-and-mistreatment.482431/#post-72766516

Sadly, this isn't exclusive to the games industry either. This stuff happens in every single company that's big and/or old enough to have old cis white men at the top. It all trickles down from there. People need to get real and realize this isn't a games industry, or entertainment industry problem. This is sadly far faaar bigger.

Hopefully in the future we'll have a lot more women and queer people in those sort of roles, and then hopefully this stuff disappears.
That is a big surprise, but nevertheless the point still stands even if it's not completely applicable in this case. Between her and those issues are a lot more old white men in suits that this sort of sexist toxicity is probably enabled by.

Impressive stuff from the Verafied Furry. Makes snap judgement, is totally wrong, repeats snap judgement and keeps it rolling. Definitely someone that would run a company responsibly if given any power whatsoever.

He quickly got out of dodge when the link to their leadership team got posted. I guess the point didn't stand after all  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #49944 on: September 11, 2021, 03:35:19 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/call-of-duty-vanguard-beta-impressions.484612/

people just posting about the game around all the "fuck Activision" pop-ins :lol

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #49945 on: September 11, 2021, 04:35:27 AM »
how do we know that the devs for this call of duty aren't a super woke team but powerless to fight back against Activision's toxic workplace like the overwatch devs :teehee
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 04:41:54 AM by Pissy F Benny »
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #49946 on: September 11, 2021, 05:02:55 AM »
They used GamesCom Germany to reveal the Battle of Stalingrad. These bois ain't woke.
🤴

SmokyDave

« Reply #49947 on: September 11, 2021, 05:13:00 AM »
Just clocked that I made the newsfeed and it’s the second biggest achievement in my life.

Want to thank all those that believed in me, and fuck all those who said I couldn’t do it.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #49948 on: September 11, 2021, 06:47:30 AM »
Just clocked that I made the newsfeed and it’s the second biggest achievement in my life.

Want to thank all those that believed in me, and fuck all those who said I couldn’t do it.

No screenshot. I’m disappointed son.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #49949 on: September 11, 2021, 07:02:31 AM »

Those fucking old white men in suits. Again. Every single time.

Paradox clearly need more old black men in suits.

woke

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #49950 on: September 11, 2021, 07:30:30 AM »

He quickly got out of dodge when the link to their leadership team got posted. I guess the point didn't stand after all  :lol

Well someone posted this in response to the comment of old white men downstream...

Here is their senior leadership team. Wouldn't really call that old men in suits.

https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/our-company/corporate-governance/senior-management

1 older white guy, 1 PoC, 1 younger white guy, and 3 women.

You know, the face of toxic masculinity.

Averon

« Reply #49951 on: September 11, 2021, 07:36:05 AM »
Ever since the CP 2077 fallout, there has been a small number of loud but influential users that advocate banning entire companies from the forum. ERA mods, so far, are wise to not grant them that wish as it will kill the forum. Instead of having one big sticky about industry bad behavior or telling these small, loud influential posters to knock it off, the mods' solution to this "problem" is to allow those small, loud posters to shit up threads with impunity.

But, as threads like that show (example: https://www.resetera.com/threads/call-of-duty-vanguard-beta-impressions.484612/), posters who want to actually talk about the game with either miss the attempted thread derail or just roll their eyes and ignore it. Every time this happens, those same thread derailers run back into their little enclaves to bitch and moan that they are being ignored (People want to talk about video games in a video game forum? What fucking chuds, am I right?). They are mad they can't force people to care and act like the video game equivalent of 'Karens'.

How long can this untenable situation last? Once a game is targeted by those small, influential people, you can't even say you like what you see about the game without being labeled as a "chud" and possibly targeted for moderation (recent example: https://www.resetera.com/threads/project-eve-first-trailer-ps5-pc.484243/page-11#post-73114591). Add in the fact that what games and what companies get this treatment is almost completely arbitrary, and you got a forum that is a complete and total minefield. How long before ResetERA bleed users going to Discord or Reddit, where they can actually talk about games without being randomly accused of the equivalent of "beating your wife?"

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #49952 on: September 11, 2021, 07:44:53 AM »
ResetEra is like Dragonball Z filler episodes at this point, all shouting and no action. Just start fighting already  :snore
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #49953 on: September 11, 2021, 08:26:06 AM »
Okay if you can stomach a white, privileged, possibly religious Lawer just.....talking

:social2

Snoopycat_

« Reply #49954 on: September 11, 2021, 09:25:06 AM »
The levels of delusion and straight up ignorance these idiots exist on is amazing -

For a brief moment it really seemed like the world came together to mourn along with all Americans and that’s when it really dawned on me how beloved my country was by the international community.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/9-11-102-minutes-that-changed-america.484960/

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #49955 on: September 11, 2021, 10:50:54 AM »
Let me clarify then.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/post-an-evil-doppleganger-boss.484795/#post-73117039

User Banned (1 week): Antagonising another member. Prior ban for similar behaviour.
Quote from: --R
So you're the evil one, gotcha.
OBE

ShutUp

« Reply #49956 on: September 11, 2021, 10:53:01 AM »
The site is so bad by now they just casually throw in the “if you can handle listening to a white person talk, knowing people wont tell them to knock it off. Totally unaware of just how fucked up that is.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #49957 on: September 11, 2021, 10:54:32 AM »
theres a liquid benji? :titus
(ice)

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #49958 on: September 11, 2021, 10:59:19 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-does-sony-get-exceptional-praise-for-certain-types-of-game-design-such-as-open-world-that-other-studios-get-slammed-for.484771/page-3#post-73113208

User banned (2 weeks): Hostility and trolling over multiple posts. Prior bans for hostility.

Quote from: EloquentM
Quote from: Equanimity
What an idiot. What I said happens on a regular here, I’m not coming for Sony’s defence.
Sony fans arent called out on this forum as much as you think, and your avatar doesnt inspire confidence, idiots Peltz.
OBE

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #49959 on: September 11, 2021, 12:33:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-does-sony-get-exceptional-praise-for-certain-types-of-game-design-such-as-open-world-that-other-studios-get-slammed-for.484771/page-3#post-73113208

User banned (2 weeks): Hostility and trolling over multiple posts. Prior bans for hostility.

What an idiot. What I said happens on a regular here, I’m not coming for Sony’s defence.
Sony fans arent called out on this forum as much as you think, and your avatar doesnt inspire confidence, idiots Peltz.
Why are Sonyponies so fucking delusional? Not as bad as Nintendies, but close.

Sony games are just way better than most Ubisoft games. They took the formula and made actually good games with interesting worlds, characters and story around that. They also have way better pacing and less filler content.
What exactly makes the Manhattan in Spiderman so interesting? It's barely a step above the one from Spiderman 2 on xbox/ps2, as far as activities go.
Also their open worlds always look like theme parks, Horizon's in particular is such a shitty, lifeless world; you go to the main city and everyone's just standing around doing fuck all.
They're stuck at design ideas from 2010, ffs.
And in spiderman and Sushima you're still chasing flying orbs and liberating outposts... it's all the same shit.
I find it fun regardless, but let's not kid ourselves.

I'll agree that they generally have better combat though (and stories, i guess, but those are still garbage you're better off skipping).

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #49960 on: September 11, 2021, 02:08:33 PM »
People don’t give them a pass, especially on this forum

How delusional do you have to be to think that RE doesn't heave a heavy Sony bias?

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #49961 on: September 11, 2021, 02:23:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/project-eve-first-trailer-ps5-pc.484243/page-11#post-73121485

User Banned (2 weeks): Ignoring staff post, inappropriate commentary.
Quote from: DarkFlame92
kickASS trailer
OBE

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #49962 on: September 11, 2021, 03:00:14 PM »
Okay if you can stomach a white, privileged, possibly religious Lawer just.....talking

Just talking!

No silly hats or costumes?  No animations or comedy sketches?  Just raw information and knowledge?  No thanks!
sigh

Boredfrom

« Reply #49963 on: September 11, 2021, 03:30:12 PM »

Sony games are just way better than most Ubisoft games. They took the formula and made actually good games with interesting worlds, characters and story around that. They also have way better pacing and less filler content.
What exactly makes the Manhattan in Spiderman so interesting? It's barely a step above the one from Spiderman 2 on xbox/ps2, as far as activities go.
Also their open worlds always look like theme parks, Horizon's in particular is such a shitty, lifeless world; you go to the main city and everyone's just standing around doing fuck all.
And in spiderman and Sushima you're still chasing flying orbs and liberating outposts... it's all the same shit.

I'll agree that they generally have better combat though (and stories, i guess, but those are still garbage you're better off skipping).

Eh, for better or worse, spider man 2 New York is way more barren than the PS games. The PS games attention of detail kind of gives them immersion points even when you are also doing the same stuff as the OG Xbox Spider-Man. The dialogue also helps.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #49964 on: September 11, 2021, 03:46:18 PM »

How dare those evil white men work to get confessions out of guilty people. How. Dare. They!
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #49965 on: September 11, 2021, 03:50:51 PM »
The levels of delusion and straight up ignorance these idiots exist on is amazing -

For a brief moment it really seemed like the world came together to mourn along with all Americans and that’s when it really dawned on me how beloved my country was by the international community.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/9-11-102-minutes-that-changed-america.484960/
We mourned the innocent people killed. No one felt love for the US in that moment, we felt love for the people. We also felt fear that if it could happen there, then we were all under threat. We also felt fear at what the US reaction was going to be and the consequences of that reaction.
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #49966 on: September 11, 2021, 04:06:59 PM »
Uncle

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #49967 on: September 11, 2021, 04:43:23 PM »

Eh, for better or worse, spider man 2 New York is way more barren than the PS games. The PS games attention of detail kind of gives them immersion points even when you are also doing the same stuff as the OG Xbox Spider-Man. The dialogue also helps.
Yes, obviously 2 generations apart, a much larger budget and a more experienced team will create a better looking city, but, hyperbole aside, there aren't many peculiar activities and events that make that world feel particularly special, in terms of open world.
It's mostly traffic/pedestrians moving around, and a handful of idle animations (like people on rooftops "partying").
Something like Assassin's Creed Origins has a much more complex sets of activities with people transporting stuff from village to village, fishing, working and moving around, etc.
Watch dogs 2 (as much as i hate that game) has also a more complex simulation of the world than any of those.

My point is, those Sony open world games don't really do anything special when it comes to world building, in fact, in some of these aspects feel quite dated.
They do shine in other aspects tho, like i said they have refined combat for an open world game, they have generally more polished/cinematic stories (aside from Days gone, that's dog shit).

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #49968 on: September 11, 2021, 04:59:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/at-229-million-sony-got-the-steal-of-the-century-insomniac-games.438589/page-9#post-73071262

User banned (1 week): excessive hostility against other members
Quote from: Jeb
What’s with Era’s new love affair with such a toxic studio?
Fuck em and fuck their supporters here too.
:salute

OBE

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #49969 on: September 11, 2021, 05:05:28 PM »
:jeb
Margs

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #49970 on: September 11, 2021, 05:30:36 PM »
Incoming ban.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rapper-dan-sur-claims-to-be-first-with-gold-chain-hooks-implanted-into-scalp.485179/#post-73176973

Quote from: AlteredBeast
Can I make fun of this guy? The last rapper to do something this stupid, a poster on here said anyone who criticized him was racist...

Quote from:  AlteredBeast
dude has a head full of gold how is this a question? Lol

Welcome to ResetERA. ;)

OBE

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49971 on: September 11, 2021, 05:32:14 PM »
 ;)

wsippel

« Reply #49972 on: September 11, 2021, 05:49:25 PM »
I don't know what I expected, but I had an hour so I skipped through maybe two or three dozen Project Eve reaction videos on Youtube. The only channel that complained about the character design was Digital Foundry. Female streamers and Youtubers in particular reacted universally positive, with statements like "she's cute", "love the character design", "she looks badass" or "I'd love to cosplay this". Bonus comment: "I wish I could walk in heels as well as the girl fights in shoes like that". One really has to wonder if Western character designers actually understand their audience.

Boredfrom

« Reply #49973 on: September 11, 2021, 05:55:41 PM »

Yes, obviously 2 generations apart, a much larger budget and a more experienced team will create a better looking city, but, hyperbole aside, there aren't many peculiar activities and events that make that world feel particularly special, in terms of open world.
It's mostly traffic/pedestrians moving around, and a handful of idle animations (like people on rooftops "partying").
Something like Assassin's Creed Origins has a much more complex sets of activities with people transporting stuff from village to village, fishing, working and moving around, etc.
Watch dogs 2 (as much as i hate that game) has also a more complex simulation of the world than any of those.

My point is, those Sony open world games don't really do anything special when it comes to world building, in fact, in some of these aspects feel quite dated.
They do shine in other aspects tho, like i said they have refined combat for an open world game, they have generally more polished/cinematic stories (aside from Days gone, that's dog shit).

I dunno, I liked Spider-Man 2 but already felt it was a barren sandbox since release date, the same with the semi successor of Ultimate Spider Man. I thing that more than the graphics, what it helps is the dialogue and the side stuff being at times memorable even if is just the same stuff gameplay wise as the PS2/Xbox games.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #49974 on: September 11, 2021, 05:56:06 PM »
I haven't played these spider mong games but my gold standard for most useless open worlds is la noire

is it as bad as that? collect film reels and nothing else :snore
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #49975 on: September 11, 2021, 05:56:07 PM »
I don't know what I expected, but I had an hour so I skipped through maybe two or three dozen Project Eve reaction videos on Youtube. The only channel that complained about the character design was Digital Foundry. Female streamers and Youtubers in particular reacted universally positive, with statements like "she's cute", "love the character design", "she looks badass" or "I'd love to cosplay this". Bonus comment: "I wish I could walk in heels as well as the girl fights in shoes like that". One really has to wonder if Western character designers actually understand their audience.

Even digital foundry was pretty tame with their critic in that video i've seen. Basically just saying that the character feels like from a bygone area. They also made an ass joke that would have gotten them banned on era

"If you watch closely that butt is unreal (engine)"

Boredfrom

« Reply #49976 on: September 11, 2021, 06:05:18 PM »
I haven't played these spider mong games but my gold standard for most useless open worlds is la noire

is it as bad as that? collect film reels and nothing else :snore

Nah, Don Rumata and I are just being hyperbolic to an extent. Spider Man 2 was barren but not NMH (there is nothing to do).

benjipwns

« Reply #49977 on: September 11, 2021, 06:27:39 PM »
Did you try watching any actual women instead of alt-right streamers?

Boredfrom

« Reply #49978 on: September 11, 2021, 06:42:46 PM »
Slacktivism is universal:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/life-is-strange-true-colors-getting-review-bombed-because-of-tibetan-flag.485173/page-2

Hopefully when Square inevitably patches this out, it gets review bombed again for censorship and they change it back.

Or they just have the integrity to keep it as is, but I don't see that happening 

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #49979 on: September 11, 2021, 07:53:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/485287/

I'm a awful person please leat me die.

same bro