Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3135138 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #50040 on: September 12, 2021, 05:49:58 PM »
potato is black  :rejoice

Averon

« Reply #50041 on: September 12, 2021, 05:51:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-left-insomniac-games-because-of-how-they-treat-women-ex-employee-speaks-out.233752/page-25#post-73236487
Quote from: Van Bur3n
Quote from: VanTell
I am more surprised how the staff of ERA hasn't made a statement yet on this. Because I feel it is being buried again.
Pretty sure some of 'em are actually hyped for their games still, so...

ERA mods are now tagged as being pro-worker abuse  :wag

Wonder how long the mods can ignore this. Sure, the voices wanting the forum to ban entire publishers from it is small, but they are persistent and loud and are mostly part of the prominent, protected crew on the site. Then again, if there's one golden rule that even usually protected members can't break is criticizing the mods. Their paper-thin skin just can't take it. By the way, all of this could have been avoided if they'd just ignored Kyuuji regarding CP 2077 :lol That is when this entire idea of banning entire publishers started.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #50042 on: September 12, 2021, 05:57:48 PM »

I think the only thing to be cautious of is that it seems like psychiatrists and Pediatricians are saying the adulthood really begins at 25 in the modern era, based on how 18-25 year olds actually behave and that’s it’s essentially an extended period of adolescence. I don’t think it’s “creepy” necessarily but you’d be at very different life stages.

:girlaff

If the op wasn’t a lesbian they’d be screeching pedo. Instead they’re pulling out shite like this so they can insinuate it without getting banned
Blue is the warmest color, is the evidence i need to approve of this hook-up.  :rash
I don't think I've ever watched a film as many times as that one without ever watching the whole thing.
 :delicious
Spud

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #50043 on: September 12, 2021, 06:00:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-left-insomniac-games-because-of-how-they-treat-women-ex-employee-speaks-out.233752/page-25#post-73236487
mmmm
Like another poster said, is kind of fucked up how despite this still being a problem there is a thread in the front page whose only point is circlejerking about how great Insomniac is
Yeah couldn't help but roll my eyes.

Lots of devs work on multiple games at a time.

This doesn't warrant ignoring sexual harassment.
It does worry me that circlejerk and hype threads are still allowed for a lot of these studios who have had their skeletons in the closet exposed to the world, yet suddenly mod policy is to just let it slide because of the slippery slope fallicy.

I mean, official policy is that Cyberpunk conversation has to be limited to the one thread, to avoid distressing anyone from the communities that CDPR negatively impacted. A policy I agree with.

Yet Activision-Blizzard is guilty of not just crunch and transphobia, it's guilty of tax fraud via legal loop hole, victimisation of women and male staff priding themselves in the fact they commited it (What with things like the Bill Cosby Room.) And their apology involved using an infamous union buster of a lawfirm to "investivage" working conditions.

But when demands were being made that Activision games be treated in kind, suddenly we have to be concerned where it will all end. Despite no conversation about a game being impacted, just that it would all have to go in one thread to avoid potentially distressing celebratory conversation for a problematic team hogging up the forum.

And I bring this up because, as much as I love their output (I got a ps5 last month just for the new Ratchet and Clank.) Insomniac haven't really been put on any kind of blast for their bad behaviours.
Yeah, it's hard. I wish the admin team would at least have a conversation about this instead of just making that decision, while some of them don't participate in threads like this one while participating in hype threads. It's disheartening, to say the least.
I’m right there with you. Even trying to discuss the games (without actually buying them) felt wrong to me……at least unless I shine a very bright light on the current issues with the company. They really should be a discussion on limiting known problematic companies like ActiBlizz, Ubisoft, Insomniac, & more to a single thread (for each of them) like what happened with Cyberpunk. In those threads, they can clearly highlight the problems with each company & why they’ve been isolated to their respective threads. But that’s just my two cents on the matter.
Not happy with how the resetera team is handling this either. Pretty pathetic tbh
Yeah, the fact that it seems like the moderation team hasn't said or done anything makes it seem like they are just going to ignore it and sweep it under the rug.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #50044 on: September 12, 2021, 06:05:10 PM »

PLAY IT TACTICAL BOIS
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #50045 on: September 12, 2021, 06:06:34 PM »
If is not blowing out, is not blowing out, the mods can do little is not a real shitshow there. The Apple woman thread was also ignored by forum (and by the mainstream media it seems):

https://www.resetera.com/threads/apple-places-female-engineering-program-manager-on-administrative-leave-after-tweeting-about-sexism-harassment-and-assault-in-the-office-up-fired.473163/page-7#post-73079167

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #50046 on: September 12, 2021, 06:07:29 PM »
Quote from: Van Bur3n
Quote from: VanTell
I am more surprised how the staff of ERA hasn't made a statement yet on this. Because I feel it is being buried again.
Pretty sure some of 'em are actually hyped for their games still, so...

ERA mods are now tagged as being pro-worker abuse  :wag

Wonder how long the mods can ignore this. Sure, the voices wanting the forum to ban entire publishers from it is small, but they are persistent and loud and are mostly part of the prominent, protected crew on the site. Then again, if there's one golden rule that even usually protected members can't break is criticizing the mods. Their paper-thin skin just can't take it. By the way, all of this could have been avoided if they'd just ignored Kyuuji regarding CP 2077 :lol That is when this entire idea of banning entire publishers started.

B-dubs has made a statement:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-isnt-activision-ubisoft-discussion-limited-to-about-their-work-cultures.465195/#post-70571883

Quote from: B-Dubs
EDIT: I literally just woke up and I apologize for being short.

Literally every publisher and studio in the industry is guilty of misogyny and sexism. There isn't a single one that hasn't had someone come forward against them. Ubisoft, Riot, Insomniac, Microsoft, Naughty Dog, the list goes on and on and on. Big publishers and independent developers both. This is systemic across the entire industry. Banning just one publisher/studio and not all of the others sends a message that we only care about this when it gets particularly bad. It's wholly unacceptable regardless of who does it.

Banning just Acti/Blizz sends the message that it's just them that's the problem. They aren't the only ones. It's everyone. Every game we enjoy is tainted by this, there is no getting around that or minimizing it. This is why we pointed people towards charities to help women because this is a systemic problem. You cannot pretend it's just Acti/Blizz because it isn't. You don't get to write this off as just a single studio or publisher.
OBE

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #50047 on: September 12, 2021, 06:12:15 PM »
CDPR after literally making the most inclusive game in history  :dunno
Spud

Propagandhim

« Reply #50048 on: September 12, 2021, 06:12:44 PM »
Dismissing concerns of sexism by saying "they all do it so who cares?   Just go out and buy games from devs that rape women because they all do it.  I love rape."    I don't feel safe on this forum anymore.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #50049 on: September 12, 2021, 06:20:31 PM »
I had a Greek classmate and he went to Greece to visit family and said they’d never seen deodorant before and tried to eat his :crowdlaff

Also his sister tried to trade blowjobs for Pokémon cards.  I wisely kept my Pokémon cards :smug

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #50050 on: September 12, 2021, 06:38:13 PM »
B-dubs has made a statement:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-isnt-activision-ubisoft-discussion-limited-to-about-their-work-cultures.465195/#post-70571883

EDIT: I literally just woke up and I apologize for being short.

Literally every publisher and studio in the industry is guilty of misogyny and sexism. There isn't a single one that hasn't had someone come forward against them. Ubisoft, Riot, Insomniac, Microsoft, Naughty Dog, the list goes on and on and on. Big publishers and independent developers both. This is systemic across the entire industry. Banning just one publisher/studio and not all of the others sends a message that we only care about this when it gets particularly bad. It's wholly unacceptable regardless of who does it.

Banning just Acti/Blizz sends the message that it's just them that's the problem. They aren't the only ones. It's everyone. Every game we enjoy is tainted by this, there is no getting around that or minimizing it. This is why we pointed people towards charities to help women because this is a systemic problem. You cannot pretend it's just Acti/Blizz because it isn't. You don't get to write this off as just a single studio or publisher.

I like how his last sentence makes it seem like people complaining about Moderation are the real assholes

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #50051 on: September 12, 2021, 06:42:25 PM »
Even for Era moderation standards that's a garbage take.
I wonder if B-Dubs is going to throw in the towel, he seems completely burned out.

If that's what you post when you've literally just woke up, yikes oof
🤴

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #50052 on: September 12, 2021, 06:47:49 PM »
Any normal user making this post would get banned so hard

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #50053 on: September 12, 2021, 06:53:21 PM »
I had a Greek classmate and he went to Greece to visit family and said they’d never seen deodorant before and tried to eat his :crowdlaff

Also his sister tried to trade blowjobs for Pokémon cards.  I wisely kept my Pokémon cards :smug
Kind of like how when Greeks migrated to places like Australia and the UK and the US and those people had never seen garlic or oregano or pasta and they only ate salted meat with boiled cabbage and boiled potatoes seasoned with salt.

Also, what sort of weirdo uses stick deodorant? :oreilly
Spud

Propagandhim

« Reply #50054 on: September 12, 2021, 06:55:40 PM »
Don't listen to him Potato.  Us southern euros taught them cavebeasts how to bathe.

:smug :smug

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #50055 on: September 12, 2021, 07:05:36 PM »
Don’t shoot the messenger I’m just telling you what he told us, maybe his cousins were the Greek equivalent of American rednecks.

benjipwns

« Reply #50056 on: September 12, 2021, 07:05:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-left-insomniac-games-because-of-how-they-treat-women-ex-employee-speaks-out.233752/post-73239418
Out of interest what do you want the team here to do?
No idea, but I think an active thread warning on top of each thread (instead of on the bottom) and a stickied thread about abuses from IG and other companies would be the bare minimum. It's kinda crazy that only this thread is where I learned about this and not from actual media outlets. Whole issue feels ignored.
Bare minimum, they should put a staff notation in every Insomniac thread pointing out the shit going on at the company (ideally at the top).

What should be done is limit all Insomniac talk to either 1 compressive thread or 2-3 threads for each game similar to what was done for Cyberpunk. But the same could be said of ActiBlizz & Ubisoft, which sadly didn’t happen.
why is nobody contacting them or @ them?

is it because people are afraid of getting banned?
It should be called out but to utter the word “Insomniac” under the same breath as Activision Blizzard is an exaggeration. Unless more people come out and employees start having walk outs at the company it’s not even comparable. If Era mods didn’t do something about Activision games’ threads I don’t see how expecting that for Insomniac is realistic.
Unfortunately, the only reason we know as much as we do about the shit going on at Activision Blizzard is because of the lawsuit. Likewise, the bare minimum suggestion I made is something that’s already being applied to Activision Blizzard threads, that being putting a notation of what’s going on at Insomniac.

This point, I just want justice for the victims & for more people to be aware of what’s going on.
Did anyone create a moderation ticket yet? If not, I'm considering it to at least ask what they have considered doing and what are their plans regarding Insomniac.
You're supposed to spam all over the place, reveal PMs, expose other users Twitter accounts, talk about how you're literally being murdered, talk about how everyone is leaving in droves due to it, rage if anyone in the cohort gets banned for any reason, etc. not do this "by the book" shit. :rage

ShutUp

« Reply #50057 on: September 12, 2021, 07:06:00 PM »
God PLEASE give Insomniac/Spider-Man the Cyberpunk treatment. People there ultimately probably didnt care too much that it happened with Cyberpunk because it was a multi platform game but a Sony owned studio and their mega popular superhero games?

It would be absolute chaos  :rejoice

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #50058 on: September 12, 2021, 07:19:36 PM »
We've said that for every freakout now, but it won't happen again.
The Cyberpunk thing was special, because of the "transphobia" element, and the guy that wanted to do the OT "playing the mods".

ShutUp

« Reply #50059 on: September 12, 2021, 07:24:28 PM »
Damn it man, let me believe  :brazilcry

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #50060 on: September 12, 2021, 07:25:45 PM »
Don't listen to him Potato.  Us southern euros taught them cavebeasts how to bathe.

:smug :smug
Them savages don't even eat olives and they use vegetable oil.
 :crowdlaff
Spud

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #50061 on: September 12, 2021, 07:27:14 PM »
That story that the one ex-insomniac guy shared about him screaming at his colleagues that they shouldn't dare to put breasts on a female character honestly made me question how severe the situation at the studio actually is. The media also seems a bit hesitant to pick it up, but maybe Schreier just wants that "I knew for years" cred

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #50062 on: September 12, 2021, 07:27:19 PM »
potato is black  :rejoice
Only one part of my body

:mynicca
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #50063 on: September 12, 2021, 07:32:39 PM »
Only one part of my body

:mynicca
That's frostbite, mate.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #50064 on: September 12, 2021, 07:38:36 PM »
I used Propagandhim's AI at https://artflow.ai/ to generate a photo of the users they ban

finally we can see who is getting kicked off resetera

Uncle

Snoopycat_

« Reply #50065 on: September 12, 2021, 07:39:01 PM »

i think you missed the part where she said she was "ace" and that there'd be no sexy time for them. Not sure the younger grill is aware of this yet.  :lol

Aye there's the pedo logic in action. Seriously her looks don't matter. I'm not interested in all that. She's really smart. Really mature for her age. Wise beyond her years. Honestly, I couldn't believe it when she said she was only 7.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #50066 on: September 12, 2021, 07:39:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/god-of-war-ragnarok-is-the-end-of-the-norse-saga-can-kratos-fight-other-cultures-pantheons-w-o-ugly-racial-and-cultural-undertones.485176/page-2#post-73169698

User Banned (Permanent): Racism, account in junior phase
Quote from: bodine1231
Did you think the devs were insensitive in their portrayal of the Norse and Greek gods or can only non whites be culturally offended?
OBE

Propagandhim

« Reply #50067 on: September 12, 2021, 07:41:21 PM »
I used Propagandhim's AI at https://artflow.ai/ to generate a photo of the users they ban

finally we can see who is getting kicked off resetera

(Image removed from quote.)

Yes, my AI that I developed at Propagandhim Technologies.   It appears, by my calculations, this user has already left in droves.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #50068 on: September 12, 2021, 07:51:34 PM »
For fuck's sake -

We met online, will probably never meet in person. We do not work for the same company.

benjipwns

« Reply #50069 on: September 12, 2021, 08:04:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/crowd-saves-falling-cat-at-hard-rock-stadium.485296/

:lol they have to bitch, preen and fight about everything

edit:
That cat jinxed the Giants. They choked right after.

This joke is actively harmful to black cats and leads to them being mistreated and statistically adopted less so more often killed in shelters.
:dead

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #50070 on: September 12, 2021, 08:10:11 PM »
For fuck's sake -

We met online, will probably never meet in person. We do not work for the same company.

I'm ace so there won't be any sex between us regardless of if we end up together or not, just romance

So a sexless, long distance "romance", where they will probably never meet. Sounds pretty cool.

Also how do asexuals flirt?
Oi Oi

Propagandhim

« Reply #50071 on: September 12, 2021, 08:12:51 PM »
An intersectional summit with black cats and witches of Era needed now.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #50072 on: September 12, 2021, 08:24:56 PM »

So a sexless, long distance "romance", where they will probably never meet. Sounds pretty cool.

Also how do asexuals flirt?

It's typical Ree bullshit. Start out with claims of a spicey relationship dilemma. 30 pages later - reveal they've never met. 60 pages later - man in a dress.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #50073 on: September 12, 2021, 08:29:17 PM »
I'm an asexual aromantic. I basically just need someone I can send emotionally manipulative messages to that gives me attention and my needs are met

Averon

« Reply #50074 on: September 12, 2021, 08:52:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-left-insomniac-games-because-of-how-they-treat-women-ex-employee-speaks-out.233752/page-26#post-73247140

When threads like these about serious allegations against publishers and developers are constantly getting derailed by arguments over whether threads about games should be banned here or not, to the point where the topic in the OP itself is virtually ignored, then there's a problem.

People aren't discussing the case or the industry-wide issues or productive ways to make a difference. They've been taking shots at each other, shots at the staff, and competing to throw around the most inflammatory accusations they can think of.

That's going to stop. We have these threads to discuss these issues because they're important, and we allow these issues to be raised in threads related to these companies and games because that's important. Discussion about these issues are being suffocated by the constant derailments and infighting.

Derailing this thread or similarly sensitive threads with demands for blanket bans will not influence moderation policy. Please get back to discussing the allegations in the OP and cease the derails and arguments about banning games; further derails will be actioned as such.

Also, it looks like implying the mods are pro-worker abuse was nipped in the bud immediately:
Let me add this: harassing or making insinuations toward female posters, who do nothing other than show excitement about games from these sorts of studios, about not caring about sexism and sexual assault is so far beyond acceptable that I cannot even begin to quantify it.

Anyone doing that is eating a ban. I don't care if you think you had good intentions, I should not need to explain how bad it is.

I guess B-dubs got sick of the cries of banning entire publishers :lol

Averon

« Reply #50075 on: September 12, 2021, 08:56:28 PM »
If these people really believe in their principles, then this seemingly final decree from B-Dubs should immediately force them to bounce from ResetERA. Don't want to "signal boost" a place that's pro-worker abuse, right? But we know it is all talk. They will never leave ResetERA on their own.

ShutUp

« Reply #50076 on: September 12, 2021, 08:57:28 PM »
Telling a bunch of Era white males they can’t tell women what is best for them? That’ll go over well.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #50077 on: September 12, 2021, 09:05:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/god-of-war-ragnarok-is-the-end-of-the-norse-saga-can-kratos-fight-other-cultures-pantheons-w-o-ugly-racial-and-cultural-undertones.485176/page-2#post-73169698

Did you think the devs were insensitive in their portrayal of the Norse and Greek gods or can only non whites be culturally offended?
It would definitely be culturally insensitive if they show Kratos violently killing Buddha or the Prophet Muhammed but I'm not sure if it would be culturally inappropriate if say several Roman gods were killed (oh shit maybe SSM should do a Roman series next). The difference here is that Roman gods are remnants of an ancient civilization that have long collapsed whereas Buddha and Muhammed are both very relevant and culturally important figures to billions of people across the globe.
Oh yeah, let's do Roman Gods next.
It'd be cool if Kratos got to kill Mars, Jupiter, Neptune...  :doge
Sure, but they have rechanged mythological origins so you can play around with another set without the risk of offending someone.
Imagine being so scared of offending anyone, that you just redo the stuff you did for 4 games, with different names.  :lol
Might as well have him fight Pokemon or whatever, then.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 09:09:53 PM by Don Rumata »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #50078 on: September 12, 2021, 09:06:53 PM »
b-dubs' entire post boils down to "it's off topic"

ok then, we'll just make an on-topic thread dedicated to getting the publisher banned from era  :teehee
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #50079 on: September 12, 2021, 09:10:12 PM »
People aren't discussing the case or the industry-wide issues or productive ways to make a difference. ... Please get back to discussing the allegations in the OP and cease the derails and arguments about banning games;
What else is there to "discuss" about the allegations or case? He's arguing that people should just post "wow this is bad" and consider the issue discussed? These people are members of ResetERA.com, they are discussing what ResetERA.com should do to "make a difference" which is the only thing they can control or have any say in other than their personal boycotts.

He's actually arguing for these threads to cease infringing on others excitement for the games, which is a pretty amazing rebuke of everything the members seem to believe the site stands for. B-Dubs has now made it beyond clear that Cerium's pocketbook matters more than any principles that the forum wishes to have.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #50080 on: September 12, 2021, 09:23:48 PM »
he's valiantly trying to spin "protect women at all costs from harmful depictions of their gender" into "protect women at all costs, meaning the real world women who don't seem to mind sexualized depictions of their gender"

Uncle

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #50081 on: September 12, 2021, 09:24:45 PM »
b-dubs' entire post boils down to "it's off topic"

ok then, we'll just make an on-topic thread dedicated to getting the publisher banned from era  :teehee

Yeah, someone should have made a dedicated topic month ago, like maybe in July.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-support-a-ban-of-activision-blizzard-game-discussion-from-era.460674/

Quote from: B-Choad
Please do not make reaction threads

huh...

Propagandhim

« Reply #50082 on: September 12, 2021, 09:32:42 PM »
I wonder if the "Every X does Y, so we can't hold it against X" excuse will hold up elsewhere, or will that just be memory-holed and it's back to "dismissing whatever for whateverism" as a ban excuse if someone tries and pulls a B-Dubs.

benjipwns

« Reply #50083 on: September 12, 2021, 09:34:06 PM »
Remember, B-Dubs himself argued that the every studio in the industry has been accurately accused of and thus is guilty of criminal sexual violence against women. And that because this is so widespread the forum is powerless to do anything to punish companies' marketing efforts. Now he's actually going beyond that to state that threads about those companies misdeeds cannot be "derailed" to discuss what the forum should be doing to "make a difference." When they had created an entire model for how to handle this with Cyberpunk!

I can't believe I can actually still be flabbergasted at how bad they are at this.

benjipwns

« Reply #50084 on: September 12, 2021, 09:37:03 PM »
I wonder if the "Every X does Y, so we can't hold it against X" excuse will hold up elsewhere, or will that just be memory-holed and it's back to "dismissing whatever for whateverism" as a ban excuse if someone tries and pulls a B-Dubs.
This is pretty much what he has said is now the proper response to things on an enthusiast-first focused gaming forum.

KOTAKU HEADLINE: "Blizzard exposed as sexually torturing workers"
Proper ResetERA.com reaction: "oh well, nothing we can do about it, anybody see the new skins for Overwatch 2? :whoo"

Propagandhim

« Reply #50085 on: September 12, 2021, 09:37:17 PM »
The Cyberpunk model or 'The Polish Option' shall not be used frivolously!

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #50086 on: September 12, 2021, 09:51:51 PM »
Lets see what happens when someone else says "it's bad everywhere"

Why do you think no football players are coming out ?
Why do you think some plays have to be cancelled ?

It's not about saying "not all gamers", I give no fucks, people are trash. But I feel like people are dangerously forgetting terrible things happening elsewhere and say "it's fine there !" when it's not.

User Banned (Duration Pending): Concern trolling and whataboutism in a sensitive thread regarding bigotry in the gaming community, numerous previous infractions for trolling and antagonizing.

:lol

And unlike B-chud he wasn't even arguing for inaction

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #50087 on: September 12, 2021, 09:55:47 PM »
Lets see what happens when someone else says "it's bad everywhere"

Why do you think no football players are coming out ?
Why do you think some plays have to be cancelled ?

It's not about saying "not all gamers", I give no fucks, people are trash. But I feel like people are dangerously forgetting terrible things happening elsewhere and say "it's fine there !" when it's not.

User Banned (Duration Pending): Concern trolling and whataboutism in a sensitive thread regarding bigotry in the gaming community, numerous previous infractions for trolling and antagonizing.

:lol

And unlike B-chud he wasn't even arguing for inaction

wait, wait, wait!

this is the post he quoted and bolded:

I mean, this is gaslighting and why we have the problems we have today. The gaming community is uniquely terrible. Yes, there’s bigots everywhere, but they -thrive- in gaming communities because the gaming community does not give one fuck. Like she said, she turns on her mic and suddenly the hate flies. That’s what it’s like to be a marginalized gamer, its not the same in any other medium even with their racism. Like, going back to football, the equivalent would be your teammates throwing you off the field the second they realized you were queer, not-white, or female.

this is the person who did the whataboutism!

they said "gaming is uniquely terrible, I mean whatabout football?"

:mindblown

(using era's definition of whataboutism, which is "making a comparison ever")
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 10:00:06 PM by Uncle »
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #50088 on: September 12, 2021, 10:08:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/not-a-day-goes-by-that-i-am-not-amused-at-white-people-and-bigots-have-co-opted-woke.485587/

Quote from: Slayven
  I knew this was going to happen when twitter leftists were using "woke" unironically.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #50089 on: September 12, 2021, 10:15:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/not-a-day-goes-by-that-i-am-not-amused-at-white-people-and-bigots-have-co-opted-woke.485587/

Quote from: Slayven
  I knew this was going to happen when twitter leftists were using "woke" unironically.

Huh, kind of like how "white fragility/privilege," liberal usage has no resemblance to it's academic meaning 95% of the time. 

Mention you are finally going to get the new car?  White Privilege!
White women crying because of financial issues.  Ooooh, such White Fragility.
sigh

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #50090 on: September 12, 2021, 10:16:09 PM »

As a practising pagan, I am offended that the slaughter of my gods is used as your entertainment. I demand a complete ban on discussing God of War and, as a diagnosed insomniac, I find their choice of studio name to be insensitive at best, and downright offensive at worst, and if you don't limit discussion to only one thread and negative stories only, I will endlessly shit up every thread with my complaints. As an insomniac, I have infinite hours to do this, mods however have to sleep some time.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #50091 on: September 12, 2021, 10:18:10 PM »
You know, whining for pages about another site's forum having racism posted on it seems a little missing the forest for the trees when every company involved in that site (including ResetERA.com members like Weltall Zero) is engaged in criminal sexual conduct. Maybe that should be discussed? No derailing either!

:killme

benita

« Reply #50092 on: September 12, 2021, 11:01:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/does-anyone-partake-in-the-trainwreck-which-is-90-day-fiance.126758/post-72316570

I wasn't going to say it, but I agree. People that make ONE thing(religon, anime, magic the gathering, gaming, etc) the center of who they are always give me red flags

:steel

Apologies to any 50 posts per day brehs.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 11:06:20 PM by benita »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #50093 on: September 12, 2021, 11:18:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/does-anyone-partake-in-the-trainwreck-which-is-90-day-fiance.126758/post-72316570

I wasn't going to say it, but I agree. People that make ONE thing(religon, anime, magic the gathering, gaming, etc) the center of who they are always give me red flags

(Image removed from quote.)

:steel

Apologies to any 50 posts per day brehs.
Correction. Slayven likes comics AND video games. That's two things.
Spud

FUME5

« Reply #50094 on: September 12, 2021, 11:32:43 PM »
And his rag on a stick.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #50095 on: September 13, 2021, 01:05:27 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/brian-horton-creative-director-of-spider-man-miles-morales-and-wolverine-confirms-wolverine-to-be-a-full-length-game-and-of-a-mature-tone.485458/#post-73215349

User banned (2 weeks): Baiting other members over sensitive topics. Recently banned for comparing members to fascists over how often they shower
Quote from: 7threst
Quote from: Angie
They are saying all the right things.
Cool. Here is hoping they will do the right thing too.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-left-insomniac-games-because-of-how-they-treat-women-ex-employee-speaks-out.233752/page-25

His shower fascist post:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-is-it-with-celebrities-and-not-bathing.467883/page-10#post-71002629
Quote from: 7threst
Quote from: Mammoth Jones
I mean there’s a history you’re glossing over to feign outrage over the points being raised.

So fuck the fake anger “from a mod no less!!”. Go learn the history and historical context that’s been referenced then get back to us.
Lmao, go teach someone else your lessons.

I see the daily shower fascist brigade is at full force today 😂

User banned (2 weeks): inflammatory commentary, comparing random people in an argument to fascists is not ok
:spiders
OBE

FUME5

« Reply #50096 on: September 13, 2021, 01:41:20 AM »
This is a great post, but no need to shame people for having a discussion about ass-wiping lol(Which is even more important for women)

jorma

« Reply #50097 on: September 13, 2021, 02:16:07 AM »

Can't really blame the greeks here, the 'murican was probably using hamburger flavoured deodorant  :whatsthedeal

SmokyDave

« Reply #50098 on: September 13, 2021, 04:31:07 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-curtain-divides-male-female-students-as-afghan-universities-reopen.485701/

Most of this thread is about the use of the word 'female' in the article, rather than education in Afghanistan.

It's a perfect little microcosm of the modern left.

benita

« Reply #50099 on: September 13, 2021, 04:44:15 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-curtain-divides-male-female-students-as-afghan-universities-reopen.485701/

Most of this thread is about the use of the word 'female' in the article, rather than education in Afghanistan.

It's a perfect little microcosm of the modern left.

But maybe I should stop nitpicking. The more important part is that this is happening at all.