Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3106355 times)

jorma

Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #23040 on: August 05, 2020, 01:01:32 PM »
The admins probably knows that if they made redmerc a mod, they wouldn't have any regular user left prepared to defend their stupid mistakes no matter what.  :teehee

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #23042 on: August 05, 2020, 01:06:07 PM »
lol imagine being the kind of loser who'd want to be a resetera mod, it sounds like a massive pain in the arse and not worth it  :teehee

unless you only did it to be able to leak board secrets to a hate site :rash
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #23043 on: August 05, 2020, 01:08:06 PM »
its a new one on me that, the usual complaint is that the darker the skin the less attractive people are considered by society :trumps :doge
??? tanning is to try and result less attractive?

i was talking about black/ethnic people mostly, which is what i assumed the ree crew were talking about :trumps
(ice)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #23044 on: August 05, 2020, 01:13:03 PM »
Symbios used to play videogames with his feet because he had flipper arms, what's your excuse?
©@©™

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #23045 on: August 05, 2020, 01:13:37 PM »
lol imagine being the kind of loser who'd want to be a resetera mod, it sounds like a massive pain in the arse and not worth it  :teehee

unless you only did it to be able to leak board secrets to a hate site :rash

:piss Shonda :piss2 annihilated
Margs

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #23046 on: August 05, 2020, 01:13:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fairy-tail-gust-2020-ot-friendship-abridged.258846/page-3#post-41593323
Quote from: Poppy
anyway the best part about buying this game is checking KT’s twitter posts and seeing people lose their shit over the removal of panty shots

Money well spent.

As opposed to say, doing the same thing over female character designs you don't like, for years, in 418 and 380+ page threads.

:spiders

:kermit

(Image removed from quote.)

Buying Fairy Tail to own the incels.  :wut

Kyle Bosman playing fairy tail was great

https://www.twitch.tv/kylebosman/clip/HyperOnerousBisonUncleNox?filter=clips&range=30d&sort=time

« Reply #23047 on: August 05, 2020, 01:16:52 PM »
I've been running 1:1 user interviews for the game I'm helping with, and those dudes are way more receptive about accessibility than I was expecting. Seriously impressed.
野球

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23048 on: August 05, 2020, 01:19:24 PM »
its a new one on me that, the usual complaint is that the darker the skin the less attractive people are considered by society :trumps :doge
??? tanning is to try and result less attractive?

There are white people who use use cream shit to look darker and there are black people who use cream shit to look whiter.

Something something we live in a society   :society

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #23049 on: August 05, 2020, 01:21:31 PM »
Only the Joker had the courage to take a white guy and make him whiter.
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23050 on: August 05, 2020, 01:29:56 PM »
Quote from: RedMercury
I have years of moderation experience on very large forums and have offered to help out a bunch, I dunno what threshold is for being trusted with an unpaid janitor position is but if it's not that, who knows haha

Lol, redmerc begging for an “unpaid janitor position” in order to save RE. I wonder what good reasons they have to deny him the keys to the castle despite his years of experience as an “unpaid janitor.”

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-tech-thread-5-24-19-site-update-report-bugs-here.118789/page-25#post-41646894

which is more insulting

repeatedly calling the mods "just janitors lol" when they're getting out there every day having in depth discussions about how to deal with issues, giving it their all, developing mental disorders because of it

or assuming that calling them janitors is an insult because of your unconscious bias that janitors are low class easy jobs for morons
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23051 on: August 05, 2020, 01:31:22 PM »
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #23052 on: August 05, 2020, 01:34:21 PM »
That is SOME corporate defense force in that thread. Terrifying. Idiocracy continues to be right.

©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23053 on: August 05, 2020, 02:08:19 PM »
Was it part of the reperations from the asianera treaty that era have to pretend to give a shit about mulan?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23054 on: August 05, 2020, 02:17:09 PM »
Black women: most sexualized yet least matched with on dating apps. They just can’t catch a break.

Both of those things can be true simultaneously, black women have historically been seen as lesser and such would be over sexualized since they aren’t seen as people but a piece of meat which would correspond to fewer matches from people looking for a longer term mate.

Different cultures have different standards of beauty.
South Asia have historically favoured lighter skin before even making contact with the west because tanned skin probably means you work in a field like a dirty poor. Parts of the Caribbean favour being fat, because being thin means you're probably a dirty poor.
In fact a lot of cultures standards of beauty boil down to whether or not you look like a dirty poor, because its pretty strongly hardwired into your genetics that you want to fuck something that will keep your bloodline strong.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23055 on: August 05, 2020, 02:24:33 PM »
Black women: most sexualized yet least matched with on dating apps. They just can’t catch a break.

Both of those things can be true simultaneously, black women have historically been seen as lesser and such would be over sexualized since they aren’t seen as people but a piece of meat which would correspond to fewer matches from people looking for a longer term mate.

South Asia have historically favoured lighter skin before even making contact with the west because tanned skin probably means you work in a field like a dirty poor. Parts of the Caribbean favour being fat, because being thin means you're probably a dirty poor.
In fact a lot of cultures standards of beauty boil down to whether or not you look like a dirty poor, because its pretty strongly hardwired into your genetics that you want to fuck something that will keep your bloodline strong.
It's funny how historically in Europe 'thick' was considered attractive. So you have all these famous paintings of these plump thick people.
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23056 on: August 05, 2020, 02:25:14 PM »
Quote from: RedMercury
I have years of moderation experience on very large forums and have offered to help out a bunch, I dunno what threshold is for being trusted with an unpaid janitor position is but if it's not that, who knows haha

Lol, redmerc begging for an “unpaid janitor position” in order to save RE. I wonder what good reasons they have to deny him the keys to the castle despite his years of experience as an “unpaid janitor.”

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-tech-thread-5-24-19-site-update-report-bugs-here.118789/page-25#post-41646894

his typed passive agressive hahas :trigger me so much
"Oh, I don't think I would be a terrible mod haha just because I regularly show up to defend the concepts of mob rule and punishing the innocent on the offchance it will also catch the guilty haha"

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23057 on: August 05, 2020, 02:27:05 PM »

It's funny how historically in Europe 'thick' was considered attractive. So you have all these famous paintings of these plump thick people.

It changes over time - having a big dick in ancient greece was considered a sign of being a dirty poor :snob instead of a refined gentlemen of status capable of sticking it to animals and young boys, which is why all those old classical sculptures have tiny dicks

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23058 on: August 05, 2020, 02:31:22 PM »
Was it part of the reperations from the asianera treaty that era have to pretend to give a shit about mulan?

BUT WHERE IS MY $50 RENTAL ON A PAID SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE FOR THE LIVE ACTION REMAKE OF BROTHER BEAR????

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23059 on: August 05, 2020, 02:38:55 PM »
I wonder if we see more companies do a 'corona tax' like Disney just did.

Apple increasing the price of the new iPhone with $300 to make up for some lost sales
Nintendo dropping at Zelda at $100

:money
🤴

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #23060 on: August 05, 2020, 02:42:14 PM »
If you want to be a mod you shouldn't be a mod

Nah this is ridiculous. It's an unpaid volunteer job, you want motivated people, interested people. Imagine the red cross saying if you care too much you shouldn't volunteer your time I've been doing this for years, not swinging it around or anything but I kind of know what I'm talking about, I've been through the theory and practice of both choosing people who don't want to do it and choosing people who do and the latter has always turned out better.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-tech-thread-5-24-19-site-update-report-bugs-here.118789/post-41683749

Quote from: Merc
then again though having done it I have a hard time equating "mod" with "power" because if people knew what it was like or did it for any length of time they'd also think it's a bit unrealistic how much people equate internet janitor work with power haha, or at least once you're in it it doesn't really feel that way.

sigh

Clockwork5

« Reply #23061 on: August 05, 2020, 02:43:41 PM »
I wonder if we see more companies do a 'corona tax' like Disney just did.

Apple increasing the price of the new iPhone with $300 to make up for some lost sales
Nintendo dropping at Zelda at $100

Seriously though, it’s like Disney has no concept of the fact that the US just let the unemployment payments end, the eviction moratorium end and have no plan for the inevitable slip into economic chaos.

It’s almost as though Disney expects these fools to spend their last $30 on a live version of a cartoon.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 02:48:59 PM by Clockwork5 »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23062 on: August 05, 2020, 02:55:47 PM »
Quote from: Merc
then again though having done it I have a hard time equating "mod" with "power" because if people knew what it was like or did it for any length of time they'd also think it's a bit unrealistic how much people equate internet janitor work with power haha, or at least once you're in it it doesn't really feel that way.

When you routinely abuse your power it doesn't even feel like you have power anymore haha

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23063 on: August 05, 2020, 03:03:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/street-fighter-v-champion-edition-summer-update-character-reveals-happening-on-august-5th.257166/page-14
Quote from: Hours Left
Last character is a dude, judging by the amount of costumes they come with. (Because male characters aren’t allowed to have swimsuits in SFV because homophobia.)

The most 'nekkid' characters in SFV are dudes- Urien and Gill.  :brain

ど助平

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23064 on: August 05, 2020, 03:53:26 PM »
make me a mod!!  haha just kidding...unless?
Uncle

Clockwork5

« Reply #23065 on: August 05, 2020, 04:34:24 PM »
haha

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #23066 on: August 05, 2020, 04:42:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/speaking-of-trans-issues-lets-talk-about-racism-and-the-general-disregard-of-brands-when-we-call-them-out-for-it.239539/post-41719560

Quote from: Le Bansheeeeee
Bumping this thread too. Woof at that Cammy thread being full of sexist dudes horny for a video game characters ass. People deserve to rightfully call out something that's just very catering. Like don't bend your head over trying to justify something like an ass in a video game.

I’m so tired.

NO ASSES IN VIDEO GAMES!

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #23067 on: August 05, 2020, 04:51:44 PM »
Is Cammy's ass a trans issue or a race issue?
©@©™

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #23068 on: August 05, 2020, 04:53:59 PM »
Is Cammy's ass a trans issue or a race issue?

Race.

PAWGS  :drool
Margs

Clockwork5

« Reply #23069 on: August 05, 2020, 05:00:56 PM »
I would summit Cammy’s ass.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #23070 on: August 05, 2020, 05:02:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/should-will-a-street-fighter-6-do-away-with-cammys-gratuitous-ass-shots.262509/
Or are there other ways for Cammy to express her victories that can develop/evolve the character while still representing that she is an assassin?

Develop or evolve the character?  It's a SF game.

They won't. Capcom knows they can bait easy attention with pandering.

Yeah, I'm sure that's why people play SF, the ass on that one character
sigh

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #23071 on: August 05, 2020, 05:03:03 PM »
Maybe they saw that poll on Resetera where 90% of people said it wouldnt make a difference whatsoever in terms of even getting people to consider switching from Sony to Microsoft and they thought "Ah, fuck it then, might as well keep making money".

This guy actually believes not only that Microsoft reads resetera, but also makes major business decisions based on its’ polls  :sabu

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23072 on: August 05, 2020, 05:04:06 PM »
If you want to be a mod, you shouldn't be a mod.

:cac

Not literally but you get what he is saying. I'd be suspicious of people very eager to become mods. I think the position that poster is otherwise advocating (have mods that are removed from the community, strangers even) is too theorical for ERA but the gist of it is sound.
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23073 on: August 05, 2020, 05:19:06 PM »
We're talking about pervasive and enduring sexism in an industry well known for it. I know you're trying to be funny, but if the entirety of last month, listing a bunch of pro players and industry professionals as serious sexual harassers doesn't tell you anything, then you are part of the problem. Not caring a god damn about how women are depicted in games has funny ways of making these ideas apparent in real life in people's general attitudes about the subject.

So they're at the "Cammys ass causes real life rape" stage

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23074 on: August 05, 2020, 05:28:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/should-will-a-street-fighter-6-do-away-with-cammys-gratuitous-ass-shots.262509/
Or are there other ways for Cammy to express her victories that can develop/evolve the character while still representing that she is an assassin?

Develop or evolve the character?  It's a SF game.

They won't. Capcom knows they can bait easy attention with pandering.

Yeah, I'm sure that's why people play SF, the ass on that one character

First post
No. If they cared they would start by giving her a default design that is not a reference to the time she has PTSD

:engel
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #23075 on: August 05, 2020, 05:31:06 PM »
Maybe they saw that poll on Resetera where 90% of people said it wouldnt make a difference whatsoever in terms of even getting people to consider switching from Sony to Microsoft and they thought "Ah, fuck it then, might as well keep making money".

This guy actually believes not only that Microsoft reads resetera, but also makes major business decisions based on its’ polls  :sabu

Phil Spencer is a soy boy now :pika
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23076 on: August 05, 2020, 05:32:57 PM »
Cammy's butt [is] part of the character
People NEED to stop saying this. Goddamn that's weird.

Iconic visuals & archetypical design in a fighting game ? Give me intricate lore and deep stories any day.
 :itagaki
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23077 on: August 05, 2020, 05:35:55 PM »
Just ask women, check threadmarks of "Why women criticize sexualized designs" thread. They explained situation thoroughly and so much better than I can.
Here is your chance understand why it is not ok.
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23078 on: August 05, 2020, 05:45:06 PM »
oh boy I've been given a chance  :hyper
Uncle

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #23081 on: August 05, 2020, 06:41:59 PM »
Banshee mcshook

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23083 on: August 05, 2020, 06:55:38 PM »
We're talking about pervasive and enduring sexism in an industry well known for it. I know you're trying to be funny, but if the entirety of last month, listing a bunch of pro players and industry professionals as serious sexual harassers doesn't tell you anything, then you are part of the problem. Not caring a god damn about how women are depicted in games has funny ways of making these ideas apparent in real life in people's general attitudes about the subject.

So they're at the "Cammys ass causes real life rape" stage

Ah, yes, all the perverts and predators being exposed that happen to play the game that has almost zero sexualised content (bayonetta breaks the rule) and whose roster is mostly cute furry animals and cartoonish stylisations of humans.

Yulwei

« Reply #23084 on: August 05, 2020, 07:02:21 PM »
Like half the reason street fighter 5 was able to turn things around from its disastrous launch was due to the metric fuck ton of skins for all the female characters. They made a whole lot of money just from people buying skins. It would be hilarious if Capcom listened to these ree parasites and then watched as street fighter 6 turbo flopped.

it happened to dead or alive. DOA6 sold half as much as DOA5 because the producers tried to appeal to people who don't buy, play or watch fighting games. They abandoned the game shortly after release. DOA5 got updates for years and years after its release.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23085 on: August 05, 2020, 07:06:42 PM »
With Capcom you don't have to worry about that nonsense, they know who their real fans are.

DOA6 was sort of a bait and switch though, using normal costumes in the promo shots to score points and then bombarding the player with incentives and ads in the game to buy High School Beach Pack #2  :lol
🤴

Averon

« Reply #23086 on: August 05, 2020, 08:12:13 PM »
I invite all of the don’t change Cammy people to visit this thread. https://www.resetera.com/threads/wh...ave-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/

Such blatant bait. :lol
Is this their way to circumvent not knowing who voted the "wrong way" in the poll? Who would be dumb enough to fall for this?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 09:12:54 PM by Averon »

clothedmacuser

« Reply #23087 on: August 05, 2020, 08:57:50 PM »
I invite all of the don’t change Cammy people to visit this thread. https://www.resetera.com/threads/wh...ave-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/

Is this their way to circumvent not knowing who voted the "wrong way" the poll? Who would be dumb enough to fall for this?

Let that Cammy thread and the thread about accessibility in controllers illustrate just how progressive certain members of this site really are.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/post-41740959
sigh

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #23088 on: August 05, 2020, 09:13:38 PM »

Is this their way to circumvent not knowing who voted the "wrong way" in the poll? Who would be dumb enough to fall for this?

trap detect or perception level not high enough

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23089 on: August 05, 2020, 09:15:39 PM »
Going forward, we're not going to host individual threads for Dunkey's videos. If someone wants to make a Dunkey OT in the Hangouts section, they're more then welcome to. All Dunkey content can be hosted in it.

:mindblown

Tuckers Law

« Reply #23090 on: August 05, 2020, 09:19:54 PM »
Makes sense they'd send Dunkey videos to the back of the forum bus, new threads are Whites-only.

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #23091 on: August 05, 2020, 09:21:57 PM »
Going forward, we're not going to host individual threads for Dunkey's videos. If someone wants to make a Dunkey OT in the Hangouts section, they're more then welcome to. All Dunkey content can be hosted in it.

:mindblown

thebore has a dunkey all-encompassing thread. once again the leader in 21st forum methods

Boredfrom

« Reply #23092 on: August 05, 2020, 09:29:53 PM »
Like half the reason street fighter 5 was able to turn things around from its disastrous launch was due to the metric fuck ton of skins for all the female characters. They made a whole lot of money just from people buying skins. It would be hilarious if Capcom listened to these ree parasites and then watched as street fighter 6 turbo flopped.

it happened to dead or alive. DOA6 sold half as much as DOA5 because the producers tried to appeal to people who don't buy, play or watch fighting games. They abandoned the game shortly after release. DOA5 got updates for years and years after its release.

Didn’t DOA6 have a pretty awful DLC system?

Snoopycat_

« Reply #23093 on: August 05, 2020, 09:37:44 PM »
A Dunkey OT? That's really going to enrage the Ree's who claim cancel culture doesn't exist

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #23094 on: August 05, 2020, 09:51:13 PM »
i hate when fighting games go years deep and the roster starts looking like some mugen bollocks with 80 different matchups that you have no hope of learning.

i actually prefer fighting games at launch for this reason, even though they tend to be at their most broken at that point. looking forward to SF6 just to reset it all and have a chance to be competitive without doing a PHD in frame times.

« Reply #23095 on: August 05, 2020, 09:55:24 PM »
Huh, that's interesting.  I wonder if they realized wholesale banning someone that big and still well-liked would make the site look even crazier.  They could sort of get away with it with Angryjoe since he's made more enemies recently, but Dunkey's in good standing pretty much all around despite being a pseudo-edgelord.

Now the question is who will have the balls to make the OT and face people coming in to complain about his past behavior or continued friendship with Jontron?

Yulwei

« Reply #23096 on: August 05, 2020, 10:12:34 PM »

Didn’t DOA6 have a pretty awful DLC system?

it was the same system as DOA5, and that's the one that made them a fuck ton of money. players will buy shit tons of overpriced skins as long as the skins look good and there's a lot of variety.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #23097 on: August 05, 2020, 10:16:24 PM »
These people do realize that’s ok to like sex and sexy things right?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #23098 on: August 05, 2020, 10:27:06 PM »
Let them complain. Sex-positive feminism will always win, because it's the one with all the sexy people in it.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #23099 on: August 05, 2020, 10:32:16 PM »
Ugh and people on this forum still harp on about how this forum is very progressive.

It's liberal at best, and liberalism is not progressivism.