Author Topic: Is the world burning?  (Read 243440 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Is the world burning?
« Reply #360 on: May 30, 2020, 04:10:27 AM »
They aren't here because we're all old farts but I'm being amused by some of the reactions seemingly all over where you can tell it's the persons first real "police" encounter videos and shit, they're all like "wow the police give no fucks about 'citizen journalists' yelling 'PRESS PRESS' as they pepper spray everyone in sight" or "wow, police really don't care about if protesters are gonna get hurt!" or "wow, the police really think they're above the law when dealing with 'civilians' they dislike!"

to me it feels like not all that long ago that that pepper spraying cop (from was it the first BLM protests?) was a meme being shopped into everything

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #361 on: May 30, 2020, 04:19:31 AM »
Just like the protestors though.

Yeah yeah we get it, you ask the "tough questions" by being a contrarian on every single topic. Just shut the fuck up already.

But it was okay for me to be contraian when you liked what I had to say (when your emotions weren't as inflamed...)

Don't tell me to FFFUUUCCCCKKK OFFFFFF

This makes him look completely illegitimate in my eyes now and makes me think he's a massive fucking fake.

Is it any different from Bernie endorsing Biden?

People gotta do what they gotta do.

benjipwns

« Reply #362 on: May 30, 2020, 04:21:35 AM »
The Periscope for the WhiteHouse protests was handled by some 3x year old journalist and he "couldn't believe" that they were pepper spraying people, and he "couldn't believe" that people were throwing bricks and that barricades were being affected. It's mostly likely to illicit reaction
Whenever I see footage of protests and there's always that one dude doing it, it just reminds me of the "THERE'S A DONKEY KONG KILL SCREEN COMING UP" guy for some reason.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #363 on: May 30, 2020, 04:30:14 AM »

Yeah yeah we get it, you ask the "tough questions" by being a contrarian on every single topic. Just shut the fuck up already.

But it was okay for me to be contraian when you liked what I had to say (when your emotions weren't as inflamed...)

Don't tell me to FFFUUUCCCCKKK OFFFFFF

Where? I'm genuinely asking cause I understand you're too dumb to comprehend shit sometimes.

In the past.

This is what i'm talking about. You're being nasty for no other reason than i'm "not on your side". I'm not on anyone's side. I hope you can forgive whatever transgression you feel I made because i'm not going to hold this against you because I understand how tense things probably are over there at the moment.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #364 on: May 30, 2020, 04:36:00 AM »
you're in here with galaxy brain jabs equating the power fantasies and abuse of power of the police force employed by the state with regular citizens. you deserve to get some shit.
◕‿◕

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #366 on: May 30, 2020, 04:38:01 AM »
Trashy go fashy :fbm
(ice)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #367 on: May 30, 2020, 04:42:50 AM »
you're in here with galaxy brain jabs equating the power fantasies and abuse of power of the police force employed by the state with regular citizens. you deserve to get some shit.

Equate means "to consider (one thing) to be the same as or equivalent to another."

The same pyschological disinhibition causes both (the reactions of violence of the protestors as well as the police), but I didn't equate their severity or whether they were equally justified, and even if they were, police obviously should be held to a much greater standard.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 04:47:08 AM by Transhuman »

naff

« Reply #368 on: May 30, 2020, 04:55:50 AM »

Equate means "to consider (one thing) to be the same as or equivalent to another."

The same pyschological disinhibition causes both (the reactions of violence of the protestors as well as the police), but I didn't equate their severity or whether they were equally justified, and even if they were, police obviously should be held to a much greater standard.

:lol lay off the facile armchair psychology man
◕‿◕

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #369 on: May 30, 2020, 05:03:55 AM »
I'm being called a fascist, when I literally just said I hope the protestors attack the White House and that none of them get hurt doing so.

I'm being called a contrarian because I dared to say that part of the reason why these riots started was because of restlessness due to quarantine.

I guess I can't argue with being called a contrarian, it's true by virtue of the fact that you believe it.

Use words correctly.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #370 on: May 30, 2020, 05:09:27 AM »
Look up the definition of "restless" if you have the time.

benjipwns

« Reply #371 on: May 30, 2020, 05:17:03 AM »
Equating the two sides because they're a reaction to conditions ignores that one side actively seeks the conditions they claim to exist as a necessity. The protesters, including the rioters/looters who are simply opportunistic, are expressing discontent. You can leave it at that and discard them from the frame if you want to. The police are claiming conditions that are indefinite that require the powers and protections they have been granted, and likely need to be expanded, when it is simply not true. The former will dissipate with the conditions and even the current situation as people move on, the latter seeks to create conditions to justify itself systematically which requires continued action.

naff

« Reply #372 on: May 30, 2020, 05:17:45 AM »

Use words correctly.

This cocky agitation will only fan the flames of anger, but the police are blindly, with no self-awareness, using this as an open check experience to live out the power fantasy of their dreams

Fucking disgusting

"just like"

this inflammatory shit is just a dumb, offensive troll. there's no way you think you're coming in with the nuance you say you are. and if so, uh.  :neogaf
◕‿◕

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #373 on: May 30, 2020, 05:30:32 AM »
Equating the two sides because they're a reaction to conditions ignores that one side actively seeks the conditions they claim to exist as a necessity. The protesters, including the rioters/looters who are simply opportunistic, are expressing discontent. You can leave it at that and discard them from the frame if you want to. The police are claiming conditions that are indefinite that require the powers and protections they have been granted, and likely need to be expanded, when it is simply not true. The former will dissipate with the conditions and even the current situation as people move on, the latter seeks to create conditions to justify itself systematically which requires continued action.

I guarantee the cop shooting those reporters with rubber bullets/ pellets wasn't thinking that, the more prescient thought was "I'm completely anonymous so I can do this and I won't personally face repercussions".

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #374 on: May 30, 2020, 05:44:37 AM »
Do the Bogans even have police brutality on the level of AmriKKKa though? :hmm

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #375 on: May 30, 2020, 05:46:33 AM »
You bloody ripper!
(ice)

thisismyusername

« Reply #376 on: May 30, 2020, 05:58:47 AM »
https://twitter.com/ben_brasch/status/1266588774173216769

#BASED

Destroy the government's property and police buildings, by all means. Just leave the bloody businesses (for the most part) intact.

I said the barnrushing with guns was a good thing because it actually put your face in the politicians and that same shit should be done here. If they actually reach Trumpy-kins in the White House (have they?) that's effective seizing.

Run the jewels is trash btw :wow

https://twitter.com/wsbtv/status/1266538044833832960

:hmm You mean to tell me them licensing a song to EA to use while riding around as a pig in their NASCAR simulator didn't give a hint? :hmm

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hardline is trash, btw. #WhensBattlefieldBadCompany3 #1943OnPCPlz
[close]

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #377 on: May 30, 2020, 06:01:15 AM »

FUME5 told me he got beat up by the police for doing nothing once, so shit does happen

naff

« Reply #378 on: May 30, 2020, 06:01:35 AM »

ive heard a lot of shitty stories, and there's a lot of unseen treatment of the indigenous peoples because they're basically invisible with no voice as no-one cares and they're just relegated to outback communities with very little or no support ravaged by intergenerational trauma and addiction.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/beaten-abused-humiliated-and-filmed-by-victoria-police-20180321-p4z5f2.html
◕‿◕

thisismyusername

« Reply #379 on: May 30, 2020, 06:07:32 AM »

ive heard a lot of shitty stories, and there's a lot of unseen treatment of the indigenous peoples because they're basically invisible with no voice as no-one cares and they're just relegated to outback communities with very little or no support ravaged by intergenerational trauma and addiction.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/beaten-abused-humiliated-and-filmed-by-victoria-police-20180321-p4z5f2.html

I know of the Aboriginals. I was more talking in general/non-Outback (for lack of better terms) Australia. The White British Criminal descendants Australia.

That's a good article, though (skimming, will have to re-read in a little bit). Shows the issue that Australia isn't the bastion of racial progress that I know it isn't from some ex-pats talking to me about it.

naff

« Reply #380 on: May 30, 2020, 06:23:08 AM »
there isn't a problem wrt public lynchings or shootings these days. just yer standard beatings and public humiliations afaik
◕‿◕

thisismyusername

« Reply #381 on: May 30, 2020, 06:28:12 AM »
there isn't a problem wrt public lynchings or shootings these days. just yer standard beatings and public humiliations afaik

Than Trashy(©Filler) should understand why certain segments are America are tired of the (nearly, given you don't have lynchings or shootings) same shit.

Quote from: TFA
In 2016, the policeman in charge of investigating police, Assistant Commissioner Brett Guerin, promised to improve the existing system, with better tracking of problem officers and a focus on restorative justice. But the man responsible for overseeing police ethics had ethical problems of his own. In February, Guerin quit the force after revelations he was using an alias to post racist and repulsive comments on social media, including encouraging violence against Africans.

...The More Things Change Mini-America says it's better because "No GuNzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz...

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #382 on: May 30, 2020, 06:36:20 AM »
🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #383 on: May 30, 2020, 06:48:49 AM »
Than Trashy(©Filler) should understand why certain segments are America are tired of the (nearly, given you don't have lynchings or shootings) same shit.

I have been maligned as being against the protesters when I am in supportive of the protest, and I hope they manage to take it all the way.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #384 on: May 30, 2020, 07:05:27 AM »
What I'm still surprised about is that they still deny the dude was murdered.
I mean, it's on video and it seems pretty obvious he had trouble breathing and the police used excessive force to restrain him.
It wasn't an accident or anything like that.

How much more evidence could you possibly need?
🤴

thisismyusername

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #386 on: May 30, 2020, 08:31:46 AM »
What I'm still surprised about is that they still deny the dude was murdered.
I mean, it's on video and it seems pretty obvious he had trouble breathing and the police used excessive force to restrain him.
It wasn't an accident or anything like that.

How much more evidence could you possibly need?

i think the close ranks and cover up mentality is so ingrained in the police etc that its their natural reaction and the only way they how they know to handle it
(ice)

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 09:08:16 AM by Mr Gilhaney »

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #388 on: May 30, 2020, 09:18:54 AM »
They aren't here because we're all old farts but I'm being amused by some of the reactions seemingly all over where you can tell it's the persons first real "police" encounter videos and shit, they're all like "wow the police give no fucks about 'citizen journalists' yelling 'PRESS PRESS' as they pepper spray everyone in sight" or "wow, police really don't care about if protesters are gonna get hurt!" or "wow, the police really think they're above the law when dealing with 'civilians' they dislike!"

to me it feels like not all that long ago that that pepper spraying cop (from was it the first BLM protests?) was a meme being shopped into everything

That pepper-spraying cop was from Occupy old man most people you're talking about were probably in middle school when that happened

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #389 on: May 30, 2020, 09:30:42 AM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #390 on: May 30, 2020, 10:03:35 AM »
Wouldn‘t have thought that shosta is out there joining a child militia.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #391 on: May 30, 2020, 10:04:18 AM »
:titus imagine the parents

"Please Mom! Don't make me mace you, just go home!!"

Himu

« Reply #393 on: May 30, 2020, 10:47:44 AM »
Yeah that's twitter/ree in a nutshell.

Violence-tourism.

Its always been my issue with the destruction. If it was people fucking up Chase bank's and Arby's (as long as they're far from residential buildings), have at it. Its when white people start fucking with local business in areas populated with minorities that it becomes an issue. Like that native community center.

But try to say anything about that on Twitter/Ree and you get piled on.

These are angry white men using a black cause to vent out their frustrations. Its gross.

Twitter and Reset? What they got to do with it? Shut the fuck up.
IYKYK

Beezy

« Reply #394 on: May 30, 2020, 10:59:15 AM »

Himu

« Reply #395 on: May 30, 2020, 11:07:27 AM »
Get those crackers out of Minnesota.

Reminds me of Ferguson.
IYKYK

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #396 on: May 30, 2020, 11:08:51 AM »
Bork can you please get a word filter in on the c word

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #397 on: May 30, 2020, 11:11:21 AM »
all this concern trolling over buildings, it's lives that matter not pieces of property
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #398 on: May 30, 2020, 11:15:48 AM »
all this concern trolling over buildings, it's lives that matter not pieces of property

It's not about property. It's about delegitimizing a cause in the pursuit of destruction you single celled troglodyte.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #399 on: May 30, 2020, 11:17:08 AM »
And how do you plan on doing that?

How in the fuck are they able to cross state lines and stay in a state they're not even from in the middle of a pandemic? I don't know. Maybe consider shit like that, darling?
IYKYK

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #400 on: May 30, 2020, 11:20:25 AM »

It's not about property. It's about delegitimizing a cause in the pursuit of destruction you single celled troglodyte.

how does looting and destruction delegitimize the cause?  that's what conservatives have been trying to say for days and it's bullshit
Uncle

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #401 on: May 30, 2020, 11:21:08 AM »
We honestly need something more like the black panthers rn with all this weird fud going on around this shit

Propagandhim

« Reply #402 on: May 30, 2020, 11:22:52 AM »
We honestly need something more like the black panthers rn with all this weird fud going on around this shit

https://twitter.com/Freeyourmindkid/status/1266626242905886721

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #403 on: May 30, 2020, 11:30:44 AM »
literally said this on page 1

If we can make fun of stupid maga people protesting going back to barber salons surely we can make fun of these blacks too

everyone watching has noted how this event has been surprisingly multiracial for once, everyone shocked at how many white people are there standing beside their black neighbors

if anything if the damage is worse this time around, it correlates with more white people being present
Uncle

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #404 on: May 30, 2020, 11:37:03 AM »
it's unorganized because the rulers want it to be unorganized. groups like the panthers were infiltrated and destroyed to make sure of that  :pacspit

Himu

« Reply #405 on: May 30, 2020, 11:40:19 AM »

how does looting and destruction delegitimize the cause?  that's what conservatives have been trying to say for days and it's bullshit

Huh? I'm saying they're sabouteurs whose aim is to make the protests less sympathetic. We saw it with Ferguson. They're anarchists.
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #407 on: May 30, 2020, 11:50:36 AM »
Quote from: Glen
So I was driving to my friend's place in DTLA last night, and the demonstration for George Floyd turned onto the street I was on while I was stopped at a red light, and I sat there for like ten minutes like a rock in a stream as 1000+ people walked past chanting. They handed me some flyers too. I wanted to show solidarity, so I sat there fist pumping out my window and occasionally shouting “Justice!”

:dead
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #408 on: May 30, 2020, 11:51:34 AM »
Quote from: Glen
So I was driving to my friend's place in DTLA last night, and the demonstration for George Floyd turned onto the street I was on while I was stopped at a red light, and I sat there for like ten minutes like a rock in a stream as 1000+ people walked past chanting. They handed me some flyers too. I wanted to show solidarity, so I sat there fist pumping out my window and occasionally shouting “Justice!”

:dead
jack cuckington  :lol

BisMarckie

« Reply #409 on: May 30, 2020, 11:53:31 AM »
Too bad Glen didn't have his guitar with him.  :-\

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #410 on: May 30, 2020, 11:55:40 AM »
 :era

shosta

« Reply #411 on: May 30, 2020, 11:57:58 AM »
A white man has to do what he needs to do to survive
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #412 on: May 30, 2020, 12:01:38 PM »
He's like a fitter and taller Haley Joel Osmont
每天生气

thisismyusername

« Reply #413 on: May 30, 2020, 12:02:40 PM »
He's like a fitter and taller Haley Joel Osmont

That explains the down syndrome NeoLiberalism triablism, then.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #414 on: May 30, 2020, 12:02:53 PM »

Huh? I'm saying they're sabouteurs whose aim is to make the protests less sympathetic. We saw it with Ferguson. They're anarchists.

Why would anarchists want to make the protests less sympathetic?  Its one thing to say that's the result and other to say its the aim. 

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #415 on: May 30, 2020, 12:04:15 PM »

Why would anarchists want to make the protests less sympathetic?  Its one thing to say that's the result and other to say its the aim.
not real anarchists, they're infiltrators

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #416 on: May 30, 2020, 12:13:09 PM »
Where do I sign up for the white infiltrator job? Craigslist? A subdivision of Halliburton?

shosta

« Reply #417 on: May 30, 2020, 12:14:00 PM »
DSA
每天生气

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #418 on: May 30, 2020, 12:28:51 PM »
There is a bunch of evidence that protests are sensitive to weather, and when rain happens it is much less likely people engage in protests. And so we should expect that when there is more rainfall there is less likelihood that people will engage in protest, and when there is less rainfall there is more likelihood. So we get a crude natural experiment—it’s as if some places were randomly assigned a violent protest and some were not.

And what I find is that, in the week following King’s assassination, when ninety-five per cent of those violent April protests occurred, if your county was proximate to violent protests, then that county voted six to eight percentage points more toward Nixon in November. But maybe there was something correlated with rainfall driving this result, and so to address the possibility of a confounding factor, like geography, I also looked at rainfall in periods where we should expect no effect of rainfall on voting—e.g., periods before and more than a few days after the assassination. This is called a placebo test. It is only rainfall in the one week after the assassination that predicts this conservative shift in November, and, in the absence of a plausible alternative story for why rainfall in April was predicting voting in November, the most obvious explanation is that the violent protests were the cause. And so we can then claim a causal relationship between violent protests and the shift away from the Democratic coalition.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/how-violent-protests-change-politics/amp

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot