Author Topic: Playstation 5  (Read 192542 times)

Rahxephon91

Re: Playstation 5
« Reply #1500 on: November 13, 2020, 09:13:07 AM »
Well all the local targets had 30+ people in line.  I hate this system.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #1501 on: November 13, 2020, 10:59:02 AM »
Riotous what kind of display are you rocking? I’m surprised Sony isn’t supporting VRR and the early impression is it’s desperately needed with these new consoles. For those with hdmi 2.1 TVs I’m sure the experience is welcomed compared to the pro and X.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #1502 on: November 13, 2020, 11:08:43 AM »
2.1 needs work :P

It’s a mess right now, but when it works it’s a revelation. Monitors aren’t a good example of high nit HDR yet even in the year of our lord 2020.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1503 on: November 13, 2020, 11:10:22 AM »
Sackboy is on PS4 too, right? I may get that and Morales once they hit some sale.
Looks like a decent platformer, and some of the footage reminds me of the Mario Sunshine levels without the water jetpack.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #1504 on: November 13, 2020, 11:17:36 AM »

G The Resurrected

« Reply #1505 on: November 13, 2020, 11:34:58 AM »
That’s not a bad setup for a work/gaming area. That monitor is very nice though and paired with a good headset that’d be noice. I saw someone who expensed that monitor/tv and a decked out Alienware with Sonos arc system (available on some portals.) I’d love to be HR when that person gets written up.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1506 on: November 13, 2020, 02:23:53 PM »
Nioh 1 and 2 Remastered will be coming to PS5.  A follow-up tweet also mentions Nioh 2 is out on PC next year.

https://twitter.com/nioh_game/status/1327234765582372864

Gematsu confirms that you can upgrade to the PS5 version of Nioh 2 free if you have the PS4 version:

For those of you who are looking to continue your demon slaying journey in Nioh 2 onto PlayStation 5 from your PlayStation 4, there are two upgrade routes for you to take:

Players that own Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition on PlayStation 4 can upgrade to Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition on PlayStation 5 at no additional cost.

Players that own Nioh 2 on PS4 can upgrade to the base game – Nioh 2 Remastered on PlayStation 5, and receive the PlayStation 5 version of any downloadable content expansions they own on PlayStation 4.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 02:28:26 PM by bork »
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #1507 on: November 13, 2020, 02:40:16 PM »
After Nioh 1 I was like, cool enough, but I'd rather Ninja Gaiden back. After part 2 I still need NG, but also more Nioh. Gameplay has been way improved and when they went fanservice at the end of 2, I realized that I actually care about this shit now. :doge I only wish they'd drop that weird spooky sound design that tries to replicate Dark Souls, because it doesn't fit the campy atmosphere at all.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #1508 on: November 13, 2020, 04:23:14 PM »
After Nioh 1 I was like, cool enough, but I'd rather Ninja Gaiden back. After part 2 I still need NG, but also more Nioh. Gameplay has been way improved and when they went fanservice at the end of 2, I realized that I actually care about this shit now. :doge I only wish they'd drop that weird spooky sound design that tries to replicate Dark Souls, because it doesn't fit the campy atmosphere at all.
They can keep the awesome oni (?) yell when you die though. The one that sounds like NYOOOOOOOOOOOO

My main motivator for ps5 continues to be ps4 games, but better.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 04:28:52 PM by remy »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1509 on: November 13, 2020, 05:01:35 PM »
I was on the Sony Direct Page since 10 my time. It hits 2 and I refreshed and was put in the que. I had to go to work though, but I guess there was a workaround to skip the que that I was unaware of. So it’s not like I was going to win regardless of work.

So I just decided to be miserable and buy the PS4 versions of CoD and Miles. I don’t even want the PS5 anymore, this whole process has been shit. In fact I feel like I need a less shitty hobby.

Bebpo

« Reply #1510 on: November 13, 2020, 07:30:43 PM »
Monster Hunter World runs insane on this. I've never seen 60fps smooth MH before :o
Also the load times are really short now.

Makes me want to get back to Iceborne.

Tasty

« Reply #1511 on: November 13, 2020, 07:38:03 PM »
Monster Hunter World runs insane on this. I've never seen 60fps smooth MH before :o
Also the load times are really short now.

Makes me want to get back to Iceborne.

:o :drool

Bebpo

« Reply #1512 on: November 13, 2020, 08:00:34 PM »
Persona 5 Scramble runs locked perfect smooth 60fps in resolution mode. Both in P5 Shibuya cityscapes and musou combat areas.
Great news for the western release. It's still in my backlog so will be nice to play sometime.

Gravity Rush 2 is locked framerate :(

PS4 Games that have locked framerates look like night & day from games with unlocked framerates in PS5 BC.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1513 on: November 13, 2020, 09:59:28 PM »
Persona 5 Scramble runs locked perfect smooth 60fps in resolution mode. Both in P5 Shibuya cityscapes and musou combat areas.
Great news for the western release. It's still in my backlog so will be nice to play sometime.

If there's a western release.  :gloomy
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1514 on: November 14, 2020, 01:13:42 AM »
Sorry about all the whinny posts. It's been a pretty shitty weak between work and life.

And also even for a rather introverted person like me, I feel like covid is starting to get to me.

Bebpo

« Reply #1515 on: November 14, 2020, 02:09:02 AM »
Played a few hours of AC Valhalla. Surprisingly my PC save crossed over automatically so I didn't have to replay the intro.

On one hand the game definitely looks noticeably softer and lower detail than maxed out on PC. Definitely has that "console version" simplified look.

Otoh, the game is stellar at keeping 60fps constant (outside some tearing in cutscenes), whereas the PC version dips to 30-40fps in settlement and active areas. It feels nice just going from one spot to another and always keeping 60fps smooth.

PS5 version probably looks sharper and more detailed in 4k though. I'm still on 1080p TV and when I play on PC it's on a 1440p gsync monitor so it makes sense it would look softer in 1080p. Still Demon Souls looks sharp af on my 1080p set so I don't think it's just that.

Also Bugsnax is lolll for being the one launch game that brings PS5 to its knees. Game struggles to run 60fps while looking like a PS3/X360 gen game. Wonder how they even pulled that off. Seems kinda fun though, will play some more.

If there's a western release.  :gloomy

Eh, it's a franchise that sells hundreds of thousands of copies. It'll come for sure. Atlus just seems to take forever to localize large amounts of dialogue and P5 Scramble is supposedly like 1/2 the length of Persona 5.

Bebpo

« Reply #1516 on: November 14, 2020, 02:25:11 AM »
Also AC Valhalla is the first PS5 game I've tried that doesn't use the HD rumble in the Dualsense at all, and man you really notice it coming from everything else. Gonna be kinda lame if 3rd parties don't bother at least putting in some nice haptics. I know NBA2K1 uses it, not sure about DIRT/CoD. Would assume Watchdogs doesn't since I'm gonna assume it's an Ubi thing since AC doesn't have it. Also the two Ubi games were showcasing Xbox Series X and not PS5 so seems like Ubisoft is prioritizing XSX features over PS5 ones initially.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1517 on: November 14, 2020, 02:30:40 AM »

This shit looking real good
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1518 on: November 14, 2020, 02:31:28 AM »
Sorry about all the whinny posts. It's been a pretty shitty weak between work and life.

And also even for a rather introverted person like me, I feel like covid is starting to get to me.

Its all good rahx no whining, its annoying when you want something and cant get it
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1519 on: November 14, 2020, 06:35:29 AM »

You are still kicking and ready to spend :money, gamers will inherit the earth my friend :rejoice

Also remember that normies freak out over people kicking or throwing balls  :girlaff
🤴

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #1520 on: November 14, 2020, 07:40:59 AM »
Ghost of Tsushima at 60 FPS

:crazy

All the movement with the grass and particle effects at a higher framerate makes huge difference. Might be the most impressive looking PS4 game I've tried out. I love to try out Horizon Zero Dawn but I'm pretty sure the PS4 Performance mode is still only 30 FPS.

Bebpo

« Reply #1521 on: November 14, 2020, 03:11:16 PM »
I haven't tried hooking up my PSVR yet because I don't want to add more complexities to my PS5 OS in case it crashes ^^;  I kinda feel like waiting until the first firmware update is out to test some of the stuff like Blood & Truth.

Bebpo

« Reply #1522 on: November 14, 2020, 03:26:03 PM »
Anyone know how 1440p monitors work on this. I know PS5 doesn't support 1440p, so does it output 4k and your 1440p monitor downscales it to 1440p or does it output 1080p and your 1440p monitor upscales it to 1440p?

I'm curious is the softness I'm seeing in AC Valhalla PS5 vs PC is because I'm playing the PS5 version at 1080p vs 1440p on PC. If I can hook up my 1440p monitor to the PS5 and get 4k downscaled to 1440p it'd probably be a better comparison to see how the two line up. Guess I'll just try it and see what happens.

Also I just tried Valhalla PC again and this cross-save between PS5/PC is hella nice but also goddamn the performance sucks on PC. Getting like 30fps around the same areas as PS5 at 60fps with my 2080ti and i9-9900k.

Bebpo

« Reply #1523 on: November 14, 2020, 03:48:14 PM »
Ok, so after destroying my desk and almost breaking my 1440p monitor and a water glass trying to get a fucking HDMI port into my behemoth of a goddamn monitor,

The PS5 outputs at 1080p to it and the monitor upscales to 1440p.

That being said, running AC Valhalla at the same spot side by side between PC maxed at 1440p native and PS5 outputting 1080p to the same monitor...it looked pretty fucking close. Like I could barely tell the difference visually and it looked a lot sharper than playing on my 1080p TV so the monitor's upscaling to 1440p must be doing that. All while locked 60fps on PS5 vs 30s range on PC. Pretty impressive.

I'd imagine on a 4k TV that Valhalla would look really good and sharp + 60fps. I've held off on getting a 4k TV all these years because not enough 4k content to bail on my nice Plasma TV, but with PS5/XSX/3080 finally being able to push 4k or dynamic 4k on most games...definitely feels like time to upgrade.

I think when covid is finally over and life resumes, I'll get a 4k tv in celebration. That shit is too heavy for me to lift on my own and I'm not letting people in my place during covid.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1524 on: November 14, 2020, 04:08:12 PM »
Bebpo, I've mentioned it several times, but am not sure how it works with the PS5- check out the mClassic.  It will upscale 1080P to 1440P on the fly with zero noticeable input lag.  The image quality is absolutely amazing on a 1440P monitor.  I got mine for the Switch and older consoles, which is where this thing really shines, but it also works great with the PS4.  It does not support HDR, but I'm guessing your monitor doesn't have that anyway.  I'm also not sure how it handles console games that support 120hz.

I switched out my 32" 4K 60hz TV for a 27" 1440P 144hz monitor earlier this year and picked this up for use with that, although ended up just hooking stuff up to an older 1080P monitor.  The mClassic still does a great job with that too.  Will look into another 4K TV or monitor once HDMI 2.1 is more widespread and working better with the consoles.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1525 on: November 14, 2020, 04:14:08 PM »
Well, generally I'd rather play games on my tv and couch than on my monitor, so it's ok.

But yeah, HDR is another thing I don't have on either my monitor or TV. So will be nice to get that when I pick up a 4k tv next year. My brother got his first 4k tv last year and I saw some demos and was pretty impressed with the HDR.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1526 on: November 14, 2020, 04:15:08 PM »
In the meantime, try these settings from Hardware Unboxed to get that PC framerate up.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1527 on: November 14, 2020, 04:16:28 PM »
Well, generally I'd rather play games on my tv and couch than on my monitor, so it's ok.

But yeah, HDR is another thing I don't have on either my monitor or TV. So will be nice to get that when I pick up a 4k tv next year. My brother got his first 4k tv last year and I saw some demos and was pretty impressed with the HDR.

I have not been impressed with HDR on video games (looked washed out and lacking in color), but my only experience with it was with the PS4 Pro.  Am assuming the PS5 does it much better. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 05:30:22 PM by bork »
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1528 on: November 14, 2020, 04:19:33 PM »
Your display has to have good HDR support as well.

Bebpo

« Reply #1529 on: November 14, 2020, 04:19:56 PM »
In the meantime, try these settings from Hardware Unboxed to get that PC framerate up.

(Image removed from quote.)

Do they have one for Watchdogs Legion? I still can't get that to run & look decent on PC :(

These 2 Ubisoft games are terribly optimized for PC.

Bebpo

« Reply #1530 on: November 14, 2020, 04:23:26 PM »
Also my dualsense isn't charging from the front USB. Left it charging all night and it was on 1 bar this morning. There's a lot of people with similar issue on era, charging it on a separate USB charger now to confirm it's not the controller but the USB port.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1531 on: November 14, 2020, 04:42:49 PM »

Do they have one for Watchdogs Legion? I still can't get that to run & look decent on PC :(

They do! Two flavours in fact, 'quality' and 'balanced'.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1532 on: November 14, 2020, 04:48:19 PM »
Hi

Bebpo

« Reply #1533 on: November 14, 2020, 04:48:53 PM »
Ok, yeah my controller charged a bar using a non-PS5 usb charger. So it just seems the USB, at least the front one, sucks for charging the controller. It functions as a working USB but it's not charging it for whatever reason.

Will try charging it with the back USB port tonight and see if that's any different.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1534 on: November 14, 2020, 05:32:47 PM »
Your display has to have good HDR support as well.

Could be this.  The first TV I used it on was, at the time, one of the highest-rated TVs you could buy and NYT/Wirecutter's pick for best TV overall.  HDR video was nice, but the PS4 looked all kinds of washed out. 

The second TV I tried was released less than a year ago and HDR looked nicer, but still kind of washed out.  Nothing I couldn't adjust with the picture settings, but it always looked better with HDR off to me.  I do have a preference for more color saturation, although I've seen others comment that PS4 HDR also kind of sucks.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 05:41:38 PM by bork »
ど助平

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1535 on: November 14, 2020, 06:20:38 PM »
https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1327518513120985088

lol, this happened to me the other day. I became a few different objects. one was a big chunk of road. took some screens and kept playing, eventually it booted me to the bug report screen. had a lot of bugs between spidey and demon's now. ps5 software nearly as buggy as an obsidian game rn
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #1536 on: November 14, 2020, 07:52:55 PM »

They do! Two flavours in fact, 'quality' and 'balanced'.

Thanks, Watchdogs Legion actually runs & looks ok with these settings. Now the game is a lot more playable on PC.

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #1537 on: November 14, 2020, 11:35:38 PM »
Anyone in here having any kind of weird problems with their systems? Reading a bunch of stuff about weird issues with database rebuilds which has scared me off of playing spiderman. This shit coming in white hot. Dualsense is fucking rad though
Also my dualsense isn't charging from the front USB. Left it charging all night and it was on 1 bar this morning. There's a lot of people with similar issue on era, charging it on a separate USB charger now to confirm it's not the controller but the USB port.
I guess the front usb port isn't powered during rest mode. The back ones are though.

Bebpo

« Reply #1538 on: November 14, 2020, 11:40:16 PM »
In like 2 days of pretty extreme testing outside VR, the only issues I've had area a 5 second freeze on Demon Soul's right before loading an area past a shortcut and a bad hard crash when a trophy popped up in PS4 BC in Dreams that caused a database rebuild and corrupted and killed the Dreams save file.

Otherwise, been ok /fingers crossed.

Anyone in here having any kind of weird problems with their systems? Reading a bunch of stuff about weird issues with database rebuilds which has scared me off of playing spiderman. This shit coming in white hot. Dualsense is fucking rad though
I guess the front usb port isn't powered during rest mode. The back ones are though.

That would explain it.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1539 on: November 15, 2020, 05:39:10 AM »
What

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #1540 on: November 15, 2020, 08:06:37 AM »
I had one game freeze for a few seconds but other than that I've had zero issues. I've had a launch GameCube, Wii, PS4 and never had any big problems. My Genesis and N64 both still work. Hope PS5 is the same.

Actually the shitty ass 360 was the only hardware I've had fail on me. 

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1541 on: November 15, 2020, 08:48:43 AM »

From what I'm seeing most things are software issues. There's more widespread reports of Xbox Series X disk drives being broken or loud but that should be an easy fix.
With the PS5 it seems that the GPU artifacts are more common, which is no surprise given the aggressive clock speeds it needs to run at and that will probably continue to haunt them for quite some time.
🤴

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #1542 on: November 15, 2020, 08:58:12 AM »
Where are you getting this info btw?
OH!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1543 on: November 15, 2020, 09:43:55 AM »
Where are you getting this info btw?

Quite a few threads on reddit reporting such issues
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/jtswtf/demons_souls_graphical_glitch/
https://www.reddit.com/r/playstation/comments/jtlhar/need_help_setting_up_an_rma_for_my_defective_ps5/
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/jtbunk/ps5_overheating/
https://www.reddit.com/r/playstation/comments/jtblcx/ps5_issues_visual_artifacts/

The PS5 GPU runs on very aggressive yet variable clocks:
It tops out at 2.23GHz (or 2230mhz) for demanding titles.

For comparison, my Aorus RTX 2070 Super runs at 1905 mhz (+140mhz compared to the ~1770 mhz base model) and that's the highest out of the box vendor overclock, in fact it was assumed a typo when they announced it.
MSI's Gaming X version for example runs at only 1800mhz (30mhz).
The Radeon 5700XT runs at 1905mhz and a 'stable' yet agressive overclock is considered to be 2005mhz (+100 mhz is usually the norm if you have no guarantee that you have a quality chip that works beyond the advertised clockspeed).

However in some games that 100mhz overclock means up to a 10fps difference so Sony taking a risk with agressive clocks brings PS5 very close to Xbox Series X level (as Digital Foundry has shown) and their cooling solution can easily handle it (PS5 doesn't run that hot).
The Xbox Series X GPU only runs at 1825 mhz so the PS5 GPU runs an impressive 405mhz faster on what is basically the same architecture with cut down CU's (I believe it's 36(PS5) vs 52(XSX)).
However, it will lead to lower yields and more hardware defects as not every chip will be able to hit that number without issue.
Not to mention if issues are introduced on the assembly line like poorly applied thermal paste or a heat sink not properly installed it'll be noticeable sooner.

Which is why shortages of the new 6000-series GPU are also expected for the higher end models, considering AMD has moved to very high clock speeds to 'brute force' their way out of the performance difference with Nvidia.
The 6900XT will run at a boost clock of 2250mhz but that's a $999 GPU. The cheaper 6800 will run at 'only' 2105mhz.

In time their yields will get better but hence the expectation that shortages of high-end 7nm chips (Zen 3, RDNA2, PS5/XSX) will remain for the first half of 2020.
You're just not getting very good yields for a few months with these aggressive clocks but AMD doesn't mind because at 7nm they have a much bigger production volume and they can just build up stock for their 'budget' outings faster.
The Ryzen 5600X for example is easy for them to resupply considering they can use faulty 5800X/5900X//5950X chips. They're probably sitting on a stack of Ryzen 5600's already.

Oh and yesterday I read that Nvidia might adapt to TSMC 7nm processes as well so they're no longer tied to the 8nm Samsung node they're using now (to fix the 3000-series supply issues).
And that would mean all high-end in demand chips(PS5,XSX,ZEN2+,ZEN3,RDNA2/Radeon 6000,RTX3000) are sourced from TSMC's 7nm process.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 09:49:33 AM by Nintex »
🤴

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1544 on: November 15, 2020, 10:02:57 AM »
Well we knew sony shit themselves when ms announced the specs and just overclocked the ps5 to get over 10tf.

The ps5 was never meant for this so I do expect some of them to fry. Maybe not 360 bad but who knows.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1545 on: November 15, 2020, 10:24:52 AM »
I'd be hesitant to draw conclusions from such little information. It's just too early.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1546 on: November 15, 2020, 10:30:54 AM »
Well we knew sony shit themselves when ms announced the specs and just overclocked the ps5 to get over 10tf.

The ps5 was never meant for this so I do expect some of them to fry. Maybe not 360 bad but who knows.

Was this the same issue that killed the 360s so fast? I thought the main reason given was that the heat would cause the mounting mechanism for the heatsink to warp, I don't remember anyone mentioning that the silicon itself was frying.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1547 on: November 15, 2020, 10:39:47 AM »
Those were (meant to be) disconnected statements, I think.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1548 on: November 15, 2020, 10:45:02 AM »

Was this the same issue that killed the 360s so fast? I thought the main reason given was that the heat would cause the mounting mechanism for the heatsink to warp, I don't remember anyone mentioning that the silicon itself was frying.

We don't know FOR SURE because MS has never said, but some 3rd party investigations indicate that they used a shitty solder that when exposed to excessive heat for extended periods of time would become brittle and develop tiny, hairline cracks that were essentially irreparable. So probably a combo of using that in a poorly ventilated system that ran hot. ('MERICAN ENGINEERING FTW)
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1549 on: November 15, 2020, 10:48:04 AM »
That's why sometimes the hot towel trick worked as you melted it into place again :)

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #1550 on: November 15, 2020, 11:31:53 AM »
I don't care if the problems are widespread or not, I just want a crowbcat video mocking them  :'(
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1551 on: November 15, 2020, 11:45:13 AM »
I don't care if the problems are widespread or not, I just want a crowbcat video mocking them  :'(

Dude hasn’t uploaded in like a year. The ree mafia must’ve gotten to him  :tinfoil
Margs

Tasty

« Reply #1552 on: November 15, 2020, 11:54:43 AM »

Dude hasn’t uploaded in like a year. The ree mafia must’ve gotten to him  :tinfoil

His only problematic content is like, one line in one video from two+ years ago right? :/

G The Resurrected

« Reply #1553 on: November 15, 2020, 12:07:16 PM »
Was playing Astro and was returning to the SSD levels and during the load the game crashed then immediately the os locked up restarted the PS5 and had to wait on a rebuild. JFC!

These software issues are nuts. I’m surprised they didn’t find these issues in testing.

naff

« Reply #1554 on: November 15, 2020, 04:23:43 PM »
i had a few bugs the first few days but played ~12 hours no issues the other day. testers can never pick up all the things millions of man hours of community play will pick up. that said, this thing does seem quite buggy.

thermals are solid though, i dont think there are issues there, even in high pressure situs only very small parts of the heat sink get to 50 degrees. no doubt there are some hardware issues but there is definitely a weird subset of nerds that make videos overplaying this stuff, like the series x videos with people blowing vape into the bottom and videoing it saying they're on fire.
◕‿◕

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1555 on: November 15, 2020, 05:04:00 PM »

The X-clamp fix is required because of the lack of the lead in the solder that holds the GPU and the CPU on the motherboard. Overheating causes the BGA (ball grid array) to weaken, resulting in the CPU become detached from the motherboard. Overheating can occur in various storage scenarios best avoided by checking our Xbox 360 care guide.
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/xbox-360-rrod-x-clamp-fix-work/

The tower trick basically melted everything back together lol

Anyway, PS5 shouldn't have problems with its cooling solution it's just that some faulty chips might pass through the cracks and end up on the assembly line and the margin of error is just very small at such high clocks.
🤴

naff

« Reply #1556 on: November 15, 2020, 05:14:51 PM »
increasing clock speed should not inherently increase errors. if you're cpu bound and/or your system is overheating though yeah
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #1557 on: November 15, 2020, 05:42:49 PM »
also, idk anything abt the new amd cards but the variable clock speed for the 3000 series can hit peaks of nearly 2000mhz with the factory clocks. my colleague apparently pushed his +100mhz and it's fine (assuming this makes peak variance up to 2100) but that's apparently ~the limit because is pushed to the 115% of rec'd voltage.

it would make sense that a gpu with less CUs and everything around it customised precisely to cater to that can run faster timings. there's no way sony just decided on these clocks overnight because ms released their specs lmao
◕‿◕

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #1558 on: November 15, 2020, 08:29:38 PM »
Willing to give head for physical PS5  :goty2

Svejk

« Reply #1559 on: November 16, 2020, 08:48:15 AM »
Team Asobi are fucking Grandmasters of next level 3D platforming.  Everyone needs more Astrobot in their lives.  Best pack in since Mario 64 or SMW. 

My digi edition is running smoove and had no issues so far with BC, crashing, glitching, rebuilding, etc..  Still haven't tried and VR on it yet though (even though I do have the adapter).