Author Topic: Playstation 5  (Read 189747 times)

Coax

Re: Playstation 5 Reveal
« Reply #720 on: July 12, 2020, 02:49:23 AM »
I want both the XXX and the PS5 to be silly money purely for the meltdown potential  8)

And pushing people to PC. Way spend $200 less when you get a future proofed hardware for the next console generation. :smug

I'd be interested how they price this, as for example PCIe 4.0 NVMe drives have only just begun to pop up offering similar 5GBps speeds (most commonly such drives are PCIe 3.0 with the upper tier being 3.5MBps). Intel though aren't even supporting PCIe 4.0 for the current 10th gen line up so gamers are limited to AMD boards if they want such 'future-proofing' atm (it's rumored Intel will release new models with 4.0 support in their next iterations though).

Whether or not games out of the gate will be utilizing such insane speeds is another thing but UE5 seems to take great advantage of it.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Looked into this recently since I'm expecting to build a new system with Intel :doge
[close]

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #721 on: July 17, 2020, 02:18:30 AM »
I don’t think I’ll buy one of these immediately.

I tend to be much happier with the results of waiting a year and letting them get the h/w down in size, heat generation, and lower in energy consumption.

If Sony decides to do another bait and switch on backward compatibility AGAIN only being on the first generation of the hardware though, I’m gonna be pissed off.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #722 on: July 17, 2020, 04:13:09 AM »
PS5 XBXSX will have the first big Navi GPU's and Ray Tracing supported hardware from AMD. These machines will have tech not currently available on PC. While usually consoles are a GPU gen or 2 behind. They won't be cheap at launch.
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Playstation 5
« Reply #723 on: July 28, 2020, 12:55:13 AM »
360/PS3 was the same, then AMD and Nvidia rolled that stuff into their normal cards, of course then the PS3 was delayed so the Nvidia cards were out before it and AMD's had been out for sometime iirc

Svejk

« Reply #724 on: July 28, 2020, 10:30:07 AM »
Supposedly, August 6th is the current schedule for launch date and price reveal... Guess we'll see...

Roberto Serrano' (@geronimo_73) Tweeted:
*BREAKING NEWS*

#PS5 fans, pin this📌

Sony @PlayStation 5 next event is scheduled for AUGUST 6th 2020 - 1pm PT | 4pm ET | 10pm CEST

Watch it on
🔵https://t.co/EMGyFxKJQQ
🔵https://t.co/Y6i3xubvdQ
🔵https://t.co/fWWQgTEybi

*TO BE CONFIRMED*
_

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #725 on: July 28, 2020, 10:30:58 AM »
Onboard raytracing has been a reality in the pc world for a few years already

:yeshrug

The problem with it is that if you want to play above 1080p you take a huge framerate hit (even at 1080 tbh)

I doubt going down to 7nm will magically fix this issue, it's going to take several years to make 1440 or 4k raytracing games running even a solid 30fps a reality
yar

paprikastaude

« Reply #726 on: July 28, 2020, 02:01:17 PM »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #727 on: July 28, 2020, 03:02:09 PM »
We know very little about AMD's RT solution so it's really just hard to say what they pulled off.  The near silence on it doesn't seem encouraging, the only thing we have is MS's Minecraft demo which wasn't super promising. 

PS5 might have custom RT though;  that Tempest engine for 3d Audio sounded way overpowered for 3d audio and theoretically could be used to perform some RT calculations.

But that's dipping a bit into "secret sauce" territory.

The audio portion of the reveal video is what I paid the most attention to. They didn't show a price for the headset, but I'm going to guess it's in the $200-$400 range. The PS4 platinum headset is $130.
©ZH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #728 on: August 13, 2020, 11:26:39 AM »
Sony's got Ray Tracing working in Spider-Man

In Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, set in winter one year after the events of the previous game, Miles' Harlem home is on the verge of being torn apart by a war between an energy corporation and a criminal organization armed to the teeth with advanced tech. It's not a formal sequel to Spider-Man. That, if the coy responses from the creatives are any sign, may or may not be coming later. It's a shorter spin-off, likened in scope to the Lost Legacy game in the Uncharted series. Nevertheless, Intihar promises "it has a lot of heart."
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #729 on: August 13, 2020, 12:04:22 PM »
They actually have at least 1 first party launch title, so that list war is won  :lol
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #730 on: August 13, 2020, 01:24:39 PM »
"It has a lot of heart"  :lol That's a new one.
Anyway i enjoyed Spiderman enough, so i'm looking forward to play this eventually, but i'm not sure it justifies 500€ of console.  ::)

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #731 on: August 13, 2020, 04:40:29 PM »
They actually have at least 1 first party launch title, so that list war is won  :lol
Mm, isn't it mostly an expansion to an already existing game? Granted it's more than X has at this point. :doge
Hi

Bebpo

« Reply #732 on: August 13, 2020, 05:22:04 PM »
Anyway i enjoyed Spiderman enough, so i'm looking forward to play this eventually, but i'm not sure it justifies 500€ of console.  ::)

Not a lot of ways to describe an expansion that's going to likely be the same game with an xmas setting, 60fps and some graphical touches, and a new story campaign and some new side missions.

I've been to NYC at xmas and it's pretty awesome, so that's actually a real good modified city as they can go all out with decorations and lights to show off the visuals. And like you said, the main game is good, so more of the same is fine.

But I'm not expecting anything beyond more of the same here.

Though most launch titles suck across the board for every system, so more of the same is probably still gonna rank high for launch games. Too bad they killed Psygnosis and we don't get a new Wipeout at launch.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #733 on: August 13, 2020, 06:03:11 PM »
This shit is launching in ostensibly 3ish months and we STILL don't have date and price, lol
yar

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #734 on: August 13, 2020, 06:04:53 PM »
Too bad they killed Psygnosis and we don't get a new Wipeout at launch.

I think I would rather an old-school Ridge Racer at this point.  :walkaway

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #735 on: August 13, 2020, 06:33:09 PM »

It's a shame that Ridge Racer Switch project was never finished. Would've been a great fit for the platform.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #736 on: August 13, 2020, 06:42:31 PM »
This shit is launching in ostensibly 3ish months and we STILL don't have date and price, lol
Microsoft apparently delayed their next 'mic drop moment' from August to September to unveil the Series S. So that's probably when the price will be announced.
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #737 on: August 13, 2020, 07:29:33 PM »
Price is: "if you have to ask, you can't afford it". :success

Bebpo

« Reply #738 on: August 13, 2020, 08:25:28 PM »

Or a traditional Hot Shots Golf...

A lot of Sony's smaller/cheaper/faster to develop launch kind of games are missing because the game industry has killed all games that aren't AAA or indie :(

I don't expect a non-VR/non-mobile HSG on PS5. I'll be happy to be wrong though.

Bebpo

« Reply #739 on: August 13, 2020, 08:28:56 PM »
Best launch in recent memory for me was probably the PSP. Lumines, Wipeout, Ridge Racer, Hot Shots Golf. I'd say PSP, Dreamcast are the best launches I can remember. I don't think any of the Playstations had good launch lineup day 1.

Also keep in mind that launch lineups were better when there was a 6 month gap between Japan launch and western launch since it gave devs 6 months longer to finish their games and get out for launch. Day 1 launches have always been barebones. Remember Fantavision?

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #740 on: August 13, 2020, 09:06:03 PM »
As an rpg fan, console launches are usually a dead zone for me. I think FF4 was like the only quality rpg to be in a console's launch window. And Dark Cloud and Evolution to a much lesser extent. Even rpg behemoths like the PS1, 2, 4, DS took a while for the genre to kick in on the respective platform.
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #741 on: August 13, 2020, 10:10:25 PM »

Or a traditional Hot Shots Golf...

A lot of Sony's smaller/cheaper/faster to develop launch kind of games are missing because the game industry has killed all games that aren't AAA or indie :(

I don't expect a non-VR/non-mobile HSG on PS5. I'll be happy to be wrong though.

Maybe not HSG, however:

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/clap-hanz-trademarks-clap-hanz-golf-in-japan-izanagi-games-trademarks-worlds-end-club
Everybody’s Golf / Hot Shots Golf series developer Clap Hanz has trademarked “Clap Hanz Golf” in Japan, and Izanagi Games has trademarked “World’s End Club.”

While the Everybody’s Golf / Hot Shots Golf series is owned by Sony Interactive Entertainment, it is possible Clap Hanz is currently working on an independent golf title. The studio has only ever created games for Sony Interactive Entertainment, however, so it is also possible it is expanding to non-golf titles and will use “Clap Hanz Golf” as branding for future golf titles.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #742 on: August 13, 2020, 10:14:16 PM »
Best launch in recent memory for me was probably the PSP. Lumines, Wipeout, Ridge Racer, Hot Shots Golf. I'd say PSP, Dreamcast are the best launches I can remember. I don't think any of the Playstations had good launch lineup day 1.

Also keep in mind that launch lineups were better when there was a 6 month gap between Japan launch and western launch since it gave devs 6 months longer to finish their games and get out for launch.

I've bought almost all of the mainstream consoles on day one (either the Japanese or American launches) since the Dreamcast came out- before that I got the PS1 at launch.

The portables seem to have better launches.  GBA, PSP, and Vita were all pretty good.  Wasn't as big on the DS launch, although I was all over the 3DS launch just for Street Fighter, lol.

Day 1 launches have always been barebones. Remember Fantavision?

Yeah- it was pretty good.
:bolo

That Soichi Terada soundtrack
:lawd

Edit: I was looking for music and it looks like the American version has a different and much worse soundtrack.  :yuck

Edit 2: So chill~

« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 10:26:12 PM by bork »
ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #743 on: August 13, 2020, 11:56:09 PM »
Love me some Soichi Terada

^_^

kingv

« Reply #744 on: August 16, 2020, 03:02:09 PM »

Same. It sounds like a stand-alone dlc pack and not a full game. :-/

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #745 on: August 19, 2020, 07:52:58 AM »
Deathloop has been pushed back to Q2 2021.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #746 on: August 19, 2020, 08:34:03 AM »
Here we are creeping to the end of August already, and still don't know shit about this system that's supposedly releasing in 3 month's time.  :titus

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #747 on: August 19, 2020, 08:44:26 AM »
I can easily see both ps5 and xbox getting pushed back to march next year cuz there will be no games ready for them :lol :lol :lol
(ice)

Trent Dole

« Reply #748 on: August 19, 2020, 07:59:36 PM »
I can easily see both ps5 and xbox getting pushed back to march next year cuz there will be no games ready for them :lol :lol :lol
Honestly this is what should happen given the current state of the world but neither company wants to blink and potentially let the other have the Holiday season all to themselves.
Hi

Svejk

« Reply #749 on: August 19, 2020, 08:13:12 PM »
They're waiting to see if US is getting a second round of stimulus checks..  If it gets approved, boom... prices and pre-orders will magically open.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #750 on: August 19, 2020, 09:59:55 PM »
It was under 2 months between the January Switch presentation w/ price announcement and the March launch.

Svejk

« Reply #751 on: August 27, 2020, 08:45:41 AM »
Got an email to register for possible pre-order.   Guess we'll see.   :doge
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 09:26:10 AM by Svejk »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #752 on: August 27, 2020, 10:24:42 AM »

Pre-orders for pre-orders!  GET HYPE!! :hyper

ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #753 on: August 27, 2020, 01:26:55 PM »

Pre-orders for pre-orders!  GET HYPE!! :hyper
It's the new announcements of up coming announcements! :rejoice
Hi

Bebpo

« Reply #754 on: August 27, 2020, 02:08:46 PM »
I have a feeling this is going to be a weird launch just to get "launched in 2020" on paper with the real launch to be spring/summer next year.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #755 on: August 27, 2020, 02:36:53 PM »
thats why they should delay, the only games coming out that will hit release (for xbox especially) are cross gen games (COD, New AC, FIFA, NBA). Sony has Spiderman as a proper next gen launch game?
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #756 on: August 27, 2020, 03:26:48 PM »
Astrobot Playroom will be fine with me.  :ohyeah

paprikastaude

« Reply #757 on: August 27, 2020, 04:53:55 PM »
Honestly if I wasn't a PeeCee gamer I'd be buying next-gen consoles to run CyberPunk in BC.

That game is probably going to suck even on Pro/XOX

Launch PS4 will take off like a jet engine.

Svejk

« Reply #758 on: August 27, 2020, 05:10:43 PM »
Honestly if I wasn't a PeeCee gamer I'd be buying next-gen consoles to run CyberPunk in BC.

That game is probably going to suck even on Pro/XOX

Launch PS4 will take off like a jet engine.
Damn right... and I'll most likely be there hanging on for the rough beginning ride... Only to have a boost when I transfer it to PS5, and then, further boosted when the next gen upgrade patch drops onto it..  It'll feel like gradually upgrading my cybernetic implants in the game.. the FULL PRAYSTATION CYBORPUNX SEXPERIENCEZ.   :woooo
It'll probably take that long for me to play through the game anyway. lawl

Bebpo

« Reply #759 on: August 28, 2020, 02:08:37 PM »
Its interesting that Snoys are all about 1080/60 now that they don't have the most powerful console anymore.

As someone with a 1080p tv, I am cool with that everything being 60fps now.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #760 on: August 28, 2020, 03:36:04 PM »
It surprises me to see how many games now seemingly have PS5 as their lead platform.
🤴

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #761 on: September 01, 2020, 07:00:18 PM »
That shit adds up, yo!

I'm impatient as shit.. way more excited for SSD than anything else lol

As well as PCIE 4.0 drives on PC, and beyond.  Although PCs lacking dedicated decompression hardware / not having as streamlined / customized I/O is gonna set them back, for quite a while I think.

these sorts of quality of life improvements that make a system feel modern and fluid are what i'm really looking forward to lol. ps4 and xbone UI/UX feels so clunky now
◕‿◕

Svejk

« Reply #762 on: September 12, 2020, 11:47:58 AM »

Before PlayStation 5 launches this holiday, we wanted to give you one more look at some of the great games coming to PS5 at launch (and beyond!).

Our next digital showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes, and feature updates on the latest titles from Worldwide Studios and our world-class development partners.

Tune in live on Twitch or YouTube this Wednesday, September 16 at 1pm PDT / 9pm BST / 10pm CEST to see what’s next for PS5.
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/12/watch-live-playstation-5-showcase-on-wednesday-september-16/amp/

30 minutes of BugSnax probably :doge
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 12:18:50 PM by Svejk »

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #763 on: September 12, 2020, 03:32:31 PM »
So what if the ps5 is the lead platform

Making the Series X version is basically turning on some extra options in the gfx menu.

Trent Dole

« Reply #764 on: September 12, 2020, 05:00:48 PM »
Then the new gen will be the same as the current one. :yeshrug
Hi

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #765 on: September 12, 2020, 05:13:06 PM »
Then the new gen will be the same as the current one. :yeshrug

Yeah...pretty much. Between XSS, PS5, and XSX every console port is probably just going to have a dynamic res ranging from mostly 1080P to mostly 4K with everything slathered in TAA.

Makes you wonder about what the next-next-gen will have. RAM isn't getting much cheaper and transistors aren't getting much smaller anymore.

Svejk

« Reply #766 on: September 16, 2020, 08:07:21 AM »
Alright, Sony... whachugot?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #767 on: September 16, 2020, 09:23:09 AM »
THE NEWS YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR

Go! Go! 5 Jigen Game Neptune: re★Verse, from Compile Heart, is...

...a port of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 Plus for PC, which was a port of a Vita game, which was a port/redone version of a PS3 game. :dizzy
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #768 on: September 16, 2020, 09:49:39 AM »
THE NEWS YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR

Go! Go! 5 Jigen Game Neptune: re★Verse, from Compile Heart, is...

...a port of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 Plus for PC, which was a port of a Vita game, which was a port/redone version of a PS3 game. :dizzy

This time maybe they'll remake it into a good game.

j/k, they won't
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #769 on: September 16, 2020, 12:54:11 PM »
I hope we get ANOTHER game about furry high school students and the end of the world
yar

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #770 on: September 16, 2020, 01:08:49 PM »
Preshow rumors/leaks

- 499€ for the PS5
- 399€ for the PS5 Digital Edition
- Opening pre-orders on Thursday, September 17 from 9 am (French time)
- 4 games available for pre-order : Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Destruction All-Stars, Demon's Souls Remake and Sackboy Adventures.
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #771 on: September 16, 2020, 03:52:13 PM »
u r not rdy?
What

Svejk

« Reply #772 on: September 16, 2020, 03:54:20 PM »

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #773 on: September 16, 2020, 04:04:08 PM »
is this final fantasy? character faces look like shid
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #774 on: September 16, 2020, 04:04:46 PM »
Another action based FF game, exactly what I dont want out of FF
What

Coffee Dog

« Reply #775 on: September 16, 2020, 04:06:04 PM »
Beat em up final fantasy isn't doing it for me :( the combat looks too western arpg for my tastes. I like the ffxiv aesthetic a lot though.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #776 on: September 16, 2020, 04:06:29 PM »
thats gotta be cross gen, ff7 remake looks better  :lol :lol :lol :lol
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #777 on: September 16, 2020, 04:08:12 PM »
Reflections are nice but where are the shadows?
What

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #778 on: September 16, 2020, 04:08:32 PM »
That looked a few years behind FFVIIR :lol

I guess it looks a lot more "open world" so there's that.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #779 on: September 16, 2020, 04:09:08 PM »
Yeah I thought that was an FF14 expansion for a moment... combat looks more DMC influenced. Guess the days of turn based FF are over though unfortunately :(
^_^