Author Topic: Bomb Rush Cyberfunk - Watchyaback!  (Read 6008 times)

Himu

Re: Bomb Rush Cyberfunk - Watchyaback!
« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2023, 08:38:04 PM »
There's a turret near there. Gain stars. On the second star a turret will pop up, tag the turret, then use it to platform to the tag.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2023, 09:04:05 PM »
When I'm talking about physics, this is the one I can't figure out:

(Image removed from quote.)

It looks like you should just be able to shoot up that rail and use the momentum from the rail to leap off and tag it, but even if I boost while on the rail and jump at the last minute before it turns horizontal at the end I don't get anywhere near the height to reach that and double jump air boost doesn't get me anymore height.

Like maybe I should just go from the train and jump to it? But it sure looks like I should be able to rail jump that high? Not sure if I'm missing how to do high jumps off rails?

Yeah, I had the same thing happen...it's been a bit but I'm pretty sure I got that one from those train tracks.  You're missing a small chunk of the map by not going to the station and following the tracks.  There's also a recruitable character who will pop up there.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2023, 09:14:30 PM »
There's a turret near there. Gain stars. On the second star a turret will pop up, tag the turret, then use it to platform to the tag.

Yeah, I thought those things on the ground had to be something.

What's a star? I don't think I'm far enough in the game for that yet. Haven't started Millenium Square yet.

Himu

« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2023, 09:26:08 PM »
As you do graffiti you'll be wanted. One star, cops come out. Two stars, turrets come out.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2023, 10:47:05 AM »
Beat the game and the story beautiful Killer 7 esque mind fuckery. This game has everything. It's 2000's as fuck in the best of ways. After completion the only deal negative I have is the soundtrack. I don't like how the music is played, and I find too few songs stick out but other than that this is a bonified masterpiece. Holy shit.

edit: my issues with the soundtrack:

1. you do not get music unless you find the disc.
2. you have to pre-select the music you listen to from the phone. There's no curated playlist.
3. the music loops, some songs go on too long.
4. I'm listening to the soundtrack on youtube and I'm hearing songs I've never even heard because I haven't even found their discs yet. Obviously I have a problem with this.

Essentially, they gatekeep music content. The full soundtrack is fantastic but the way the game itself plays the music is incredibly wack.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 10:05:23 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2023, 10:27:17 AM »
Yeah, definitely not a fan of how only a few tracks play in specific areas.  I got the CDs for the songs I really like though so I'm good.

I actually haven't finished the game yet. I have one last area left and then there's the post game content. I'm about to go on a big trip and saving it so I have something to do on the plane and whatnot.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2023, 05:58:40 PM »
I think Mataan, the final area, is the weakest but even that's fun
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2023, 02:55:09 PM »
https://m.