Author Topic: Microsoft Bought Bethesda  (Read 3229 times)

Nintex

• calm and resolved
Re: Microsoft Bought Bethesda
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2020, 05:37:19 PM »
Thatís a nightmare.
I think it'll take years for the process to complete depending on market trends.
Like Microsoft could move on SEGA as soon as tomorrow and Nintendo would probably move quickly to buy Namco Bandai or take a big enough stake so it stays in their lane.
For Sony Capcom would be logical first step.

Sony more than anyone knows what Disney did with the movie market. So they've seen what the type of aggressive moves from Microsoft will end up like.
Nintendo just wants to secure their own turf as they've always done.

Square Enix is the wildcard here. They could start expanding themselves and become one of the big ones.
🤵🏼

Rahxephon91

« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2020, 05:38:41 PM »
Itís in everyoneís best interests if most of these things stay independent.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2020, 05:39:09 PM »
It's fucking crazy we're even having these discussions.  :lol

In the span of a day the entire 3rd party industry looks like a buffet. 

Philip Cardgage

• #1 Creeper Lagoon Fan
« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2020, 05:39:49 PM »
It wouldn't be worth anyone's time to buy Konami, right? You'd basically just be buying their IPs. Not sure what the remaining Koji Pro people who worked on Metal Gear Survive are doing but I can't imagine that team is very large.

It would be in everyone's best interest for Capcom to stay independent.

But what IP? What do you do with Contra or Castlevania that isn't just a remaster? They try to make a new Contra every 10 years or so and its terrible. They made all of those garbage Symphony rip offs on the 3ds that soured the ground for any future Castlevania releases.

As much as I love Silent Hill, there's no market for it.

Nintex

• calm and resolved
« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2020, 05:45:04 PM »
It wouldn't be worth anyone's time to buy Konami, right? You'd basically just be buying their IPs. Not sure what the remaining Koji Pro people who worked on Metal Gear Survive are doing but I can't imagine that team is very large.

Arguably the same is true for Bethesda and I'm not sure the Capcom shareholders would resist if a company they've been friendly with for decades and that helped them build much of their success with Resident Evil and Monster Hunter would wave money at them.
Capcom would probably prefer to be part of PlayStation rather than Microsoft or Nintendo.

But what IP? What do you do with Contra or Castlevania that isn't just a remaster? They try to make a new Contra every 10 years or so and its terrible. They made all of those garbage Symphony rip offs on the 3ds that soured the ground for any future Castlevania releases.

Konami indeed has some IP's that have value but they also have other business ventures in Japan that Sony might keep running if they are profitable enough. As Sony runs many such side businesses anyway.
Microsoft would buy them for the back catalog an the IP's.
🤵🏼

Philip Cardgage

• #1 Creeper Lagoon Fan
« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2020, 05:46:22 PM »

Arguably the same is true for Bethesda and I'm not sure the Capcom shareholders would resist if a company they've been friendly with for decades and that helped them build much of their success with Resident Evil and Monster Hunter would wave money at them.
Capcom would probably prefer to be part of PlayStation rather than Microsoft or Nintendo.

I'm sure they'd prefer to be with whatever company offered them the most money.

And MH is very much a Nintendo game more than a Sony game.

Philip Cardgage

• #1 Creeper Lagoon Fan
« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2020, 05:49:34 PM »
Sony needs to get a developer to finally help them crack that MP nut.

It what is sorely lacking in their portfolio. They can't rely on COD forever.

riotous

• shosta likes this
« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2020, 05:57:19 PM »
The potential for 1 billion is definitely there. But I don't see people subbing for just xcloud. Mostly all subs will own an Xbox device. So if he was hoping that number would be held up by exclusively mobile users, I think he's dreaming.

I had near zero interest in either of the """next gen""" consoles, but ngl, booking into a £20 a month 'all in' sub for 2 years and getting the console 'free' is a pretty decent value proposition

The "all access" thing is like $20 a month more than GamePass Ultimate.. you aren't getting a "free" console lol  Or are you talking about xCloud?

Nintex

• calm and resolved
« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2020, 06:00:38 PM »

I'm sure they'd prefer to be with whatever company offered them the most money.

And MH is very much a Nintendo game more than a Sony game.
I think that Nintendo would not be that interested in Street Fighter,
In fact I expect all their buys to be 'defensive' like Koei Tecmo and Namco Bandai rather than offensive.

They can afford to lose Monster Hunter, Resident Evil and Street Fighter (the latter two skip their machines anyway), but they probably don't want to lose the team that develops Smash Bros. and helps out with other titles.
Sony could also end up with Namco Bandai and Nintendo with just Koei Tecmo if it turns into a bidding war of sorts. After all for Sony regaining Tekken, Ace Combat and the likes as exclusives would be a big get.
🤵🏼

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #189 on: September 22, 2020, 06:02:00 PM »
The potential for 1 billion is definitely there. But I don't see people subbing for just xcloud. Mostly all subs will own an Xbox device. So if he was hoping that number would be held up by exclusively mobile users, I think he's dreaming.

I had near zero interest in either of the """next gen""" consoles, but ngl, booking into a £20 a month 'all in' sub for 2 years and getting the console 'free' is a pretty decent value proposition
The "all access" thing is like $20 a month more than GamePass Ultimate.. you aren't getting a "free" console lol  Or are you talking about xCloud?

Fifstar

« Reply #190 on: September 22, 2020, 06:28:46 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

You safe like 40 pounds. Not that great considering you are locked into a plan for 2 years plus the gold with 1 quid conversion to ultimate is probably a better deal anyway. Far from you get the console for free anyway.
Gulp

riotous

• shosta likes this
« Reply #191 on: September 22, 2020, 06:33:12 PM »

That's £10 more than Gamepass Ultimate on it's own.   

Like Fifstar said it's a discount over 2 years of the Xbox + the "monthly price" for Gamepass Ultimate... but it's like a few months free of GamePass at best math wise, not a "free console."

mormapope

• Daddy's Home!
« Reply #192 on: September 22, 2020, 06:42:31 PM »
Microsoft buying Sega, Persona 3 + 4 + 5 on game pass, Persona 6 exclusive to Xbox.

The salt

Whure

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #193 on: September 22, 2020, 06:57:58 PM »
You safe like 40 pounds. Not that great considering you are locked into a plan for 2 years plus the gold with 1 quid conversion to ultimate is probably a better deal anyway. Far from you get the console for free anyway.

ymmv, people who do not have an xbox one and are not currently subscribed to gold or gamepass - which lets face it, is the majority this gen - are being offered the gamepass sub with its rolling rentals on Xbox and on PC (and potentially mobile), an XBL sub and its however many monthly freebies, and an EA play sub, AND a brand new console to play all of that on for a £20 a month sub, which like I said is a pretty strong value proposition.

Like Fifstar said it's a discount over 2 years of the Xbox + the "monthly price" for Gamepass Ultimate... but it's like a few months free of GamePass at best math wise, not a "free console."

Yes, thank you riotous, I understand how marketing works which is why I used apostrophes around the word free to signify air quotes, to illustrate that I do not actually consider it free although that is how it is being portrayed in its marketing, for the exact same reasons when you buy a new phone contract and get a 'free' phone you are actually ameliorating your purchase of that phone over the course of the contract, or how when you purchase a buy two get one 'free' deal at a supermarket you are actually buying three things at a 1/3 discount.

::)

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #194 on: September 22, 2020, 06:59:08 PM »
well, if you can't develop just buy someone who can

nudemacusers

• totally not sharing an account with narolf or cream #freenarolf #freecream
« Reply #195 on: September 22, 2020, 07:00:50 PM »
isn't that basically what you do when you hire talent tho? :thinking

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #196 on: September 22, 2020, 07:03:57 PM »
isn't that basically what you do when you hire talent tho? :thinking

:hmm

Fifstar

« Reply #197 on: September 23, 2020, 01:12:34 PM »

ymmv, people who do not have an xbox one and are not currently subscribed to gold or gamepass - which lets face it, is the majority this gen - are being offered the gamepass sub with its rolling rentals on Xbox and on PC (and potentially mobile), an XBL sub and its however many monthly freebies, and an EA play sub, AND a brand new console to play all of that on for a £20 a month sub, which like I said is a pretty strong value proposition.

Yes, thank you riotous, I understand how marketing works which is why I used apostrophes around the word free to signify air quotes, to illustrate that I do not actually consider it free although that is how it is being portrayed in its marketing, for the exact same reasons when you buy a new phone contract and get a 'free' phone you are actually ameliorating your purchase of that phone over the course of the contract, or how when you purchase a buy two get one 'free' deal at a supermarket you are actually buying three things at a 1/3 discount.

::)

Series S plus Gamepass is indeed fantastic value, but irrespective of Xbox All Access. It gives you a discount of about 8% and you don't need to pay the system upfront, but it also locks you into a total spent of 500 quid.
If you do the gold plus ultimate conversion trick you can get a Series S with Gamepass Ultimate for 3 years for a total of 350 pounds. So longer and better gamepass for way less than All Access - with this deal you actually *do* get the system for free. This has nothing to do with being an existing customer of the Xbox ecosystem btw. You do have to jump through more hoops than with AA and this deal probably won't exist for much longer though.

Don't think the comparison to phone contracts really holds water either. Until a couple years ago you regularly could save 30-40% on the phone with a contract. A far cry from the amount you save with AA.
Gulp

riotous

• shosta likes this
« Reply #198 on: September 23, 2020, 01:46:45 PM »
Nothing is being portrayed as "free" in any marketing lol

It is a similar idea though to make something appear cheaper, so I get what you are saying, but claiming they are trying to portray it as "free" is not really true.   It's the same idea WITHOUT them claiming or trying to portray anything as "free" (or free, or 'free') lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #199 on: September 23, 2020, 02:57:40 PM »

Series S plus Gamepass is indeed fantastic value, but irrespective of Xbox All Access. It gives you a discount of about 8% and you don't need to pay the system upfront, but it also locks you into a total spent of 500 quid.
If you do the gold plus ultimate conversion trick you can get a Series S with Gamepass Ultimate for 3 years for a total of 350 pounds. So longer and better gamepass for way less than All Access - with this deal you actually *do* get the system for free. This has nothing to do with being an existing customer of the Xbox ecosystem btw. You do have to jump through more hoops than with AA and this deal probably won't exist for much longer though.

Don't think the comparison to phone contracts really holds water either. Until a couple years ago you regularly could save 30-40% on the phone with a contract. A far cry from the amount you save with AA.

This obviously isn't targetting the delboys from HotUkDEals who are buying 3 years worth of Brazilian XBL then upgrading for a pound and then dropping the cash to buy an XbX outright. It's targetting people that just go into a 3 or O2 store, and the business model is exactly the same - right down to at the end of that 2 year contract you're eligible for a free upgrade to your handset console.

Which would just coincidentally be about the time frame for MS to release an Xbox X EX 1 X One (or whatever confusing naming scheme they've decided on continuing) mid gen refresh, dropping the current X series down to their baseline console and giving those out to current S purchasers.

Nintex

• calm and resolved
« Reply #200 on: September 23, 2020, 03:26:35 PM »
I'm not sure if mid gen refreshes are coming that soon.
I expect it'll be a while and they first want manufacturing costs down and yields up.
The yields on the PS5/XSX SoC's are pretty lousy from what I understand.
🤵🏼

Cerveza mas fina

« Reply #201 on: September 23, 2020, 03:39:44 PM »
Wow who is your source nintex

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #202 on: September 23, 2020, 04:58:05 PM »
I'm not sure if mid gen refreshes are coming that soon.
I expect it'll be a while and they first want manufacturing costs down and yields up.
The yields on the PS5/XSX SoC's are pretty lousy from what I understand.
Oh so around 3-4 years into the gen, which would be a  ...mid gen refresh?
Hi

Nintex

• calm and resolved
« Reply #203 on: September 23, 2020, 06:59:16 PM »
Wow who is your source nintex
TSMC reportedly has yields as low as 58% on their 7nm process.

https://twitter.com/chiakokhua/status/1308216251177512960

From what I gathered over the last few months yields on PS5, XSX and Big Navi are below average.
Chip makers expect a shortage of these things until Mid 2021.
🤵🏼

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #204 on: September 23, 2020, 11:33:49 PM »
Forget mid-gen refreshes, I'm skeptical that they'll even make a slim model of these consoles.

The node shrinks are taking longer and longer to achieve and you can't really make the consoles smaller or more powerful for a given price until that happens.

For reference:
  • PS2: 250nm -> 65nm
  • PS3/360: 90nm -> 28nm (45nm for 360)
  • PS4/X1: 28nm -> 16nm

It seems unlikely this gen of consoles will go on a diet or hit the gym.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #205 on: September 24, 2020, 01:04:53 PM »
But what IP?
Metal Gear, Castlevania, Silent Hill.
What do you do with Contra or Castlevania that isn't just a remaster?
Create new games.   
They made all of those garbage Symphony rip offs on the 3ds that soured the ground for any future Castlevania releases.
breh what? Did you not see the thirst for Bloodstained? A retro Castlevania could do super well but the series is begging to be modernized too. Castlevania is also still relatively high profile thanks to the Netflix series + inclusion in Smash.   

Streets of Rage was dead as a doornail as far a franchise goes. The new one sold over 1.5 million because it was good.

These old franchises carry weight and nostalgia with gamers, they will generate interest and hype if it's clear time and effort is put into the product.
I don't even know what this means.  :lol  It made a huge stink when Konami killed Silent Hills. Do you think there isn't a market for horror games anymore?

Svejk

« Reply #206 on: September 24, 2020, 01:12:57 PM »
These old franchises carry weight and nostalgia with gamers, they will generate interest and hype if it's clear time and effort is put into the product.
I want a sequel to Shattered Soldier so bad it's not even funny. :dsp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #207 on: September 24, 2020, 01:18:34 PM »

Didn't we get this already with Contra IV and Rebirth?  Plus there's Hard Corps Uprising.

And have you played Blazing Chrome yet?  PLAY BLAZING CHROME
:ufup
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #208 on: September 24, 2020, 01:35:45 PM »

Didn't we get this already with Contra IV and Rebirth?  Plus there's Hard Corps Uprising.

And have you played Blazing Chrome yet?  PLAY BLAZING CHROME
:ufup
Contra IV needs to be redone to not be plagued by the dreaded DS split screen.  Game was great otherwise... Haven't tried Rebirth yet, but have it downloaded somewhere...
Not sure why Hard Corps Uprising has been re-ported to everything and 4K-a-fied... (unless it has and I don't know about it)  Would like it on my PS, tbph.
And no, I haven't played Blazing Chrome yet.  Have it in my wishlist in both PSN and Steam, just haven't wanted to drop the skrilla for it.

I want Shattered Soldier follow up, because it stood out to me, not only of the style of 2.5D, but it had a dark, hardcore, death metal grindhouse vibe going for it. 
Playing it was like..
all the way.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #209 on: September 24, 2020, 01:38:48 PM »

And no, I haven't played Blazing Chrome yet.  Have it in my wishlist in both PSN and Steam, just haven't wanted to drop the skrilla for it.

:notlikethis
ど助平

Beezy

« Reply #210 on: September 24, 2020, 07:35:10 PM »
Not sure why Hard Corps Uprising has been re-ported to everything and 4K-a-fied...
Now I wanna play this again.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #211 on: September 24, 2020, 08:32:59 PM »
You can, thanks to Xbox One BC! Wow!

Thanks Microsoft! #ad

Buy it today!

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Product/Hard-Corps-Uprising/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a18

Sorry PlayStation, maybe next time
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 08:37:12 PM by demi »
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #212 on: September 24, 2020, 08:47:55 PM »
You can always emulate it!

ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #213 on: September 24, 2020, 09:20:34 PM »
Which is an illegal thing to do, support good games!
fat

thisismyusername

• Dirty Anarcho-Socialist for Grandpa Communism #ACAIB ☭☭☭☭☭#VOTECOMMIENOMATTERWHO☭☭☭☭
« Reply #214 on: September 24, 2020, 11:32:16 PM »
Why the fuck would anyone buy Konami? Do we really need ANOTHER Metal Gear game?

Yes.meme (Only if it's from Kojimbo)

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A Mod
« Reply #215 on: September 25, 2020, 02:14:26 AM »
Why the fuck would anyone buy Konami? Do we really need ANOTHER Metal Gear game?

Jesus let the man be free of that series.  :lol
(even though DS straddled really close to it several times)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 05:36:13 AM by Don Rumata »

Beezy

« Reply #216 on: September 25, 2020, 05:24:14 AM »

Thanks Microsoft! #ad

Buy it today!

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Product/Hard-Corps-Uprising/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a18

Looks like there were dlc characters that I never bought. I think I'll get them and do a replay soon since it works on Xbox One. :gun

Svejk

« Reply #217 on: September 25, 2020, 08:13:31 AM »

Thanks Microsoft! #ad

Buy it today!

I had it on PS3 digital form, if I just fire up my PS4 and... oh wait...  :fbm

Svejk

« Reply #218 on: September 25, 2020, 08:18:06 AM »
Going back to Bethesda, I seriously don't see how they'll only release TESVI solely on BoneSEX/PC...  They should pull a Soyny and just do the year of exclusivity on there, but it would be throwing away an elephant ass load of money not porting it to PS5 (assuming this will have similar success and install base as PS4).  Seems to be too massive of a series to not do that.

Nintex

• calm and resolved
« Reply #219 on: September 25, 2020, 08:30:32 AM »
Going back to Bethesda, I seriously don't see how they'll only release TESVI solely on BoneSEX/PC...  They should pull a Soyny and just do the year of exclusivity on there, but it would be throwing away an elephant ass load of money not porting it to PS5 (assuming this will have similar success and install base as PS4).  Seems to be too massive of a series to not do that.
Nah, Starfield and Elder Scrolls will be big Xbox / GamePass / PC exclusives.
I can see them release the inevitable remasters and less popular shoot bang games like Wolfenstein on PS5 though.

To me it looks like Microsoft wants to corner the WRPG market with Starfield, Elder Scrolls, Fable, Avowed.
Not having to built anything for Sony's machines will probably save Bethesda a lot of time too.
🤵🏼

MMaRsu

« Reply #220 on: September 25, 2020, 08:47:59 AM »
Bethesda diehard fans will purchase an Xbox for TES6/Fallout

100% guaranteed

Svejk

« Reply #221 on: September 25, 2020, 09:10:20 AM »

100% guaranteed
I guess I'm not that diehard of a fan as I thought I was then.  :heh
By the time TESVI comes, streaming games should be much tighter.  I'll play it that way.

riotous

• shosta likes this
« Reply #222 on: September 25, 2020, 09:11:25 AM »
And Xbox nerds who didn't like Bethesda games will buy it because it's exclusive lol

Also keep in mind that historically, including on PS4, Bethesda RPGs sell better on Xbox.    They've always kinda sucked at Playstation development and it's effected their reputation with PS gamers.. Morrowind was Xbox exclusive and Bethesda credits Xbox for saving their company... PS3 Skyrim was a disaster, PS4 Fallout lacked mods, etc.

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #223 on: September 25, 2020, 09:23:16 AM »
Microsoft buying Sega, Persona 3 + 4 + 5 on game pass, Persona 6 exclusive to Xbox.

The salt

Is this about games or console wars? It seems to me it's about console wars. Given your age it couldn't be more pathetic.

Have you ever played a Persona game? You say it's about laughing at Sony fans but in what way is Microsoft buying Sega good for games?

Celebrating companies buying companies is a byproduct consumer wars. No one in their right mind should celebrate monopolies.

Admit it, you're a Microsoft fanboy.
weed

mormapope

• Daddy's Home!
« Reply #224 on: September 25, 2020, 09:27:14 AM »

The salt

Is this about games or console wars? It seems to me it's about console wars. Given your age it couldn't be more pathetic.

Have you ever played a Persona game?

:gaas

Celebrating companies buying companies is a byproduct consumer wars. No one in their right mind should celebrate monopolies.

Admit it, you're a Microsoft fanboy.

:gaas

My avatar is Phil Spencer with a fucking Xbox bazooka, of course Im rooting for Xbox lmao. I love Nintendo too. And yes I've played Persona 3 for about 8 hours and Persona 4 for about 50.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 09:33:01 AM by mormapope »
Whure

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #225 on: September 25, 2020, 09:32:44 AM »

100% guaranteed

Wouldn't most Bethesda diehard fans be PC players?
ど助平

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #226 on: September 25, 2020, 09:35:42 AM »
See? This boy out here cheering monopolies for "luls".

He a system whore in 2020. Pathetic.

Probably salty he stuck with MS this gen which no one in their right mind would do outside of loyalists. A few years ago said he'd probably never buy a PS4, now he's cheering MS buying up companies in an age where almost nothing is exclusive.

His excuse will be,"i'm laughing at reset sony ponies" but it's Reset. They're all re re's. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Nah, fanboyism is what drives this. Which drives the luls. Which is why he responds with a fart emoji, because he's out here cheering for Microsoft to buy Sega (in what way does this benefit Sega?).

You should be like the rest of us: be a mercenary. Go where the games go. If MS brings the goods, I will gladly get an Xbox.  Xbox 1 and Xbox 360 were good-great systems.
weed

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #227 on: September 25, 2020, 09:36:00 AM »
You say it's about laughing at Sony fans but in what way is Microsoft buying Sega good for games?

I could see one hypothetical scenario working here, which is that Microsoft, now owning Sega, brings back lots of dormant IPs.  Outrun, Afterburner, Golden Axe, JET SET RADIO, Virtua Fighter, etc. all back with new games being made.  They get a competent studio to take over development on Sonic.  A push is made to sell consoles in Japan with Yakuza and RPGs from Atlus.  We get a special "Mega Drive Xbox Series S/X."  That kind of thing.

And this reads like some kind of cheesy fanfiction and will never happen.
 :tocry
ど助平

riotous

• shosta likes this
« Reply #228 on: September 25, 2020, 09:37:34 AM »

100% guaranteed

Morrowind certainly produced a lot of console die-hards.

But yes "most" are PC.. their games sell better there still.   They've even talked about the mix before, I am too lazy to google.. but IIRC it was PC > XBox > PS4 for Fallout 4.

mormapope

• Daddy's Home!
« Reply #229 on: September 25, 2020, 09:43:17 AM »

Wow, this is a very gassy post.

Also, owning 600+ games on Xbone and 50+ games on Switch, does that give me mercenary status?

Whure

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #230 on: September 25, 2020, 09:46:55 AM »
You say it's about laughing at Sony fans but in what way is Microsoft buying Sega good for games?

I could see one hypothetical scenario working here, which is that Microsoft, now owning Sega, brings back lots of dormant IPs.  Outrun, Afterburner, Golden Axe, JET SET RADIO, Virtua Fighter, etc. all back with new games being made.  They get a competent studio to take over development on Sonic.  A push is made to sell consoles in Japan with Yakuza and RPGs from Atlus.  We get a special "Mega Drive Xbox Series S/X."  That kind of thing.

:dead This is wishful thinking.

In what way has MS buying any company resulted in better rewards for them? Look at what happened to Rare. World class at one point, then ended up making Kinect games. and you're out here expecting a new VF? A new JSR?

MS buying companies has been universally bad for them in the long run. Give me one example where it works out well.

And as a Sega fan, from 7 to now, I definitely want MS as far away from them as possible.

Microsoft has a looooong history of buying studios.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/11/e3-2018-heres-what-happened-to-every-studio-microsoft-has-bought

And you'd have to be extra stupid or a complete Microsoft stan to want them buy something like Sega. Guarantee: if MS buys Sega the blue company will be closed within 10 years.
weed

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #231 on: September 25, 2020, 09:48:09 AM »

Wow, this is a very gassy post.

Also, owning 600+ games on Xbone and 50+ games on Switch, does that give me mercenary status?

THAT MAN IS A CONSOLE FA.GGOT IN 2020 Y'ALL
weed

mormapope

• Daddy's Home!
« Reply #232 on: September 25, 2020, 09:49:54 AM »

In what way has MS buying any company resulted in better rewards for them? Look at what happened to Rare. World class at one point, then ended up making Kinect games. and you're out here expecting a new VF? A new JSR?

MS buying companies has been universally bad for them in the long run. Give me one example where it works out well.

And as a Sega fan, from 7 to now, I definitely want MS as far away from them as possible.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/11/e3-2018-heres-what-happened-to-every-studio-microsoft-has-bought

And you'd have to be extra stupid or a complete Microsoft stan to want them buy something like Sega. Guarantee: if MS buys Sega the blue company will be closed within 10 years.

They sound... pretty content and happy about it!
Whure

thisismyusername

• Dirty Anarcho-Socialist for Grandpa Communism #ACAIB ☭☭☭☭☭#VOTECOMMIENOMATTERWHO☭☭☭☭
« Reply #233 on: September 25, 2020, 09:50:37 AM »

Who said I wanted him chained to it? I'm willing to let him do whatever he wants, but he should be able to oversee and continue the series if he wants.

Speaking of Konami and Metal Gear:

https://www.gog.com/game/metal_gear_solid
https://www.gog.com/game/metal_gear_solid_2_substance
https://www.gog.com/game/metal_gear

Not up on Steam yet, but it looks like the "rumor" *autistic screeching* poster was right.

(MGS3 and 4, plz)

Being fair: Rare said the same shiny-happy-people bullshit before they turned into... that.

MS has a history of mismanaging companies. Ensemble Studios sends their regards and all that.

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #234 on: September 25, 2020, 09:53:11 AM »
Where is MG2: Solid Snake?

weed

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #235 on: September 25, 2020, 09:53:13 AM »
If those are the original PC ports with no changes made, they're full of problems and not worth bothering with.

Is the original Metal Gear the NES ROM?
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #236 on: September 25, 2020, 09:53:32 AM »
Speaking of Metal Gear, the collection is BC too. Definitely gonna be playing MGS2 and 3 (maybe peace walker? haha just kidding peace walker sucks dick) at 120fps 4K
fat

mormapope

• Daddy's Home!
« Reply #237 on: September 25, 2020, 09:55:05 AM »

Who said I wanted him chained to it? I'm willing to let him do whatever he wants, but he should be able to oversee and continue the series if he wants.

Speaking of Konami and Metal Gear:

https://www.gog.com/game/metal_gear_solid
https://www.gog.com/game/metal_gear_solid_2_substance
https://www.gog.com/game/metal_gear

Not up on Steam yet, but it looks like the "rumor" *autistic screeching* poster was right.

(MGS3 and 4, plz)

Being fair: Rare said the same shiny-happy-people bullshit before they turned into... that.

MS has a history of mismanaging companies. Ensemble Studios sends their regards and all that.

That's comparing Microsoft management from 2003-2015 to 2020 though. I'm not gonna say Microsoft has a great track record for studio managing in the past. But I'd say genuinely that they're putting effort into the industry, which hasn't been the case for a while.

Whure

thisismyusername

« Reply #238 on: September 25, 2020, 09:56:36 AM »
That's comparing Microsoft management from 2003-2015 to 2020 though. I'm not gonna say Microsoft has a great track record for studio managing in the past. But I'd say genuinely that they're putting effort into the industry, which hasn't been the case for a while.

"Bethesda is happy with the acquisition!"
"Rare, et. al. companies said the same thing, dude."
"NO NOT LIKE THAT!"

:comeon

It's ok to be optimistic, but it's not ok to dismiss concerns given their history of managing the companies they buy.

MMaRsu

« Reply #239 on: September 25, 2020, 09:58:11 AM »

100% guaranteed

No.