Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Son of a bitch!  (Read 317866 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Blah blah facts and science blah blah deadly pandemic
« Reply #2160 on: February 02, 2021, 09:56:41 PM »
My uncle complained about the stimulus payments despite benefiting from them. On potential future pay-outs: "What, are they gonna steal another trillion from us?"

I always want to ask who "they" and "us" are when he says that (the family overall is middle income at best, if not low-middle), but then I remember I don't actually want to engage with the conversation at all. :doge

My Struncle complains about people getting free shit all the time, but then was real mad about there not being bigger bail outs and stimmies the second time around, then went back to THEY'RE STEALING OUR SOCIAL SECURITY shit. These people have no ideology except they don't want others to get anything they think they should get more or first.

This was one of the big reveal’s for me during the last election cycle as well. I have a conservative uncle who talks about immigrants are stealing American jobs, but also illegally accessing public services and welfare. These two concepts are diametrically opposed but he somehow manages to hold both in his mind at the same time. I’ve known about him for years.

What I didn’t know about was his grandson (my “nephew”) has ingested all of this bad information, and is using it to inform his own decisions about the world. Before the election, he was positing how it was going to be stolen. Now that we are sending money to impoverished nations to help them fight Covid, he’s angry that we are not helping everyone in America first, failing to realize that both these things can be done at once logistically, and a cash outlay for international goodwill and assistance has a different effect  on our place in the global community.

He has also used the phrase “plandemic.”

I’ve mentioned in other threads that I approached him about his sources, and how he didn’t respond. It’s easy for me to not engage old people who are no longer thinking. It is difficult for me to not insist that younger people think at least as much as I do.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Blah blah facts and science blah blah deadly pandemic
« Reply #2161 on: February 03, 2021, 12:15:18 AM »
https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1356758904596811776

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1356689275329388544

SHE IS DISRESPECTING THE SPACE TROOPS  :maf

Liberals now magically think that Space Force is a valid branch of the military and not a farce because Uncle Joe is backing it  :biden
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #2165 on: February 03, 2021, 02:56:45 PM »
high frequency brain washing initiation

Tasty

« Reply #2166 on: February 03, 2021, 03:14:41 PM »
Giggling like mad.

Also is that Stan Sitwell? :crazy

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #2168 on: February 03, 2021, 06:38:48 PM »
Lol, house dems really do love to lose.

https://twitter.com/allymutnick/status/1356772285856821251

If you ain’t college educated, fuck off you conspiracy theorist.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2169 on: February 03, 2021, 09:16:28 PM »
Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) suggested the focus could be shifted to Vice President Kamala Harris at Donald Trump's upcoming impeachment trial if it is drawn out, telling Democratic lawmakers: "Be careful what you wish for."

"If you're going to pursue this, and you wanna start calling witnesses, and you want to drag this thing out, it would be fair to have Kamala Harris' tape play where she bailed people out of jail," he said.

"What more could you do to incite future violence, than to pay the bail of the people who broke up the shops and beat up the cops.

"How's that not inciting future violence? Be careful what you wish for my Democratic colleagues, be careful what you wish for."

It is unclear what Graham is specifically referring to when he mentions letting the "tape play."

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

BIONIC

Margs

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2173 on: February 04, 2021, 04:12:22 AM »
https://twitter.com/cam_joseph/status/1357116355988910080

Dems: "you can either have qanon or college educated voters!!"

GOP: yes
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2177 on: February 04, 2021, 03:46:19 PM »
Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) suggested the focus could be shifted to Vice President Kamala Harris at Donald Trump's upcoming impeachment trial if it is drawn out, telling Democratic lawmakers: "Be careful what you wish for."

"If you're going to pursue this, and you wanna start calling witnesses, and you want to drag this thing out, it would be fair to have Kamala Harris' tape play where she bailed people out of jail," he said.

"What more could you do to incite future violence, than to pay the bail of the people who broke up the shops and beat up the cops.

"How's that not inciting future violence? Be careful what you wish for my Democratic colleagues, be careful what you wish for."

It is unclear what Graham is specifically referring to when he mentions letting the "tape play."

Lindsey Graham argues against cash bail in this episode of Accidentally Left-Wing.
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2179 on: February 04, 2021, 04:00:30 PM »
Inspector Kobel joined the department in June 1992 and most recently oversaw the department’s Equal Employment Opportunity Division. He will keep his pension.

Cool.
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2181 on: February 04, 2021, 04:49:16 PM »
He put the call on speakerphone for the benefit of his audience. Powell was raving about a national security crisis involving the Iranians flipping votes in battleground states. Trump pressed mute and laughed mockingly.

"So what are we gonna do about it, Sidney?" Trump would say every few seconds, whipping Powell more and more into a frenzy. He was having fun with it. "She really is crazy, huh?" he said, again with his finger on the mute button.

https://www.axios.com/newsletters/axios-sneak-peek-a6e7bef4-8a75-42d5-a026-e80e453f1b57.html

This series of articles is fucking crazy  :doge
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #2183 on: February 04, 2021, 05:07:21 PM »
my prayers have been answered  :rejoice

Pillow Praxis

The one from the other day was incredible. Veep has nothing on this.

But Powell, fixing on Trump, continued to elaborate on a fantastical election narrative involving Venezuela, Iran, China and others. She named a county in Georgia where she claimed she could prove that Dominion had illegally flipped the vote.

Herschmann interrupted to point out that Trump had actually won the Georgia county in question: "So your theory is that Dominion intentionally flipped the votes so we could win that county?"

"You're quitting! You're a quitter! You're not fighting!” he exploded at the senior adviser. Flynn then turned to the president, and implored: "Sir, we need fighters."

Finally Herschmann had enough. "Why the fuck do you keep standing up and screaming at me?" he shot back at Flynn. "If you want to come over here, come over here. If not, sit your ass down." Flynn sat back down.

At one point, with Flynn shouting, Byrne raised his hand to talk. He stood up and turned around to face Herschmann. "You're a quitter," he said. "You've been interfering with everything. You've been cutting us off."

"Do you even know who the fuck I am, you idiot?" Herschmann snapped back.

"Yeah, you're Patrick Cipollone," Byrne said.

"Wrong! Wrong, you idiot!"

Comedy is going to suck the next few years.  :'(

https://www.axios.com/trump-oval-office-meeting-sidney-powell-a8e1e466-2e42-42d0-9cf1-26eb267f8723.html

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2184 on: February 04, 2021, 05:41:43 PM »
lmao 5 star general revolutionary Michael Flynn cucked by Trump's lawyer  :lol

5 star general and his secret crush ----> :fbm  :goty2        :dice <---- Ruthless New York Lawyer

Totally innocent President seeking council ----> :trumps
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 05:45:45 PM by Nintex »
🤴

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #2185 on: February 04, 2021, 06:42:14 PM »
https://twitter.com/ellievhall/status/1357419810272006144

my prayers have been answered  :rejoice

US politics really are a league of their own

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2186 on: February 04, 2021, 07:42:01 PM »

This fucking guy  :lol
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2188 on: February 04, 2021, 08:12:38 PM »
I am happy that President Biden and Vice President Harris are in office, and things are moving forward. That said, vestiges of 2020 keep creeping in and making this feel like an ARG.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2189 on: February 04, 2021, 08:44:16 PM »
He put the call on speakerphone for the benefit of his audience. Powell was raving about a national security crisis involving the Iranians flipping votes in battleground states. Trump pressed mute and laughed mockingly.

"So what are we gonna do about it, Sidney?" Trump would say every few seconds, whipping Powell more and more into a frenzy. He was having fun with it. "She really is crazy, huh?" he said, again with his finger on the mute button.

https://www.axios.com/newsletters/axios-sneak-peek-a6e7bef4-8a75-42d5-a026-e80e453f1b57.html

I just finished reading the bonus episode and holy fuck!!!

When the lunatics who were advising Trump for the past few years are the ones that sound sane and the voice of reason, you know you're dealing with a bunch of fucking crazies.
Spud

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2191 on: February 04, 2021, 09:58:06 PM »
I am happy that President Biden and Vice President Harris are in office, and things are moving forward. That said, vestiges of 2020 keep creeping in and making this feel like an ARG.

Trump was never the issue and it will ramp up again through 2022-24

Skullfuckers Anonymous

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2194 on: February 05, 2021, 01:57:32 PM »
They sent mike lindell out there to discredit the 2016 election steal.

BIONIC

Margs

BIONIC

« Reply #2197 on: February 05, 2021, 05:41:10 PM »
:bow  :bernie  :bow2
Margs

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2198 on: February 05, 2021, 06:05:49 PM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.
filler content:

https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/1357739765211099138

:kermit

My first thought was filler.    :heart

Tasty

« Reply #2199 on: February 05, 2021, 06:11:35 PM »
Warren :obama

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2200 on: February 05, 2021, 06:24:30 PM »
warren is an anti-semite  :jeanluc

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2201 on: February 05, 2021, 06:39:53 PM »
That was quite a moment  :whew
🤴

Tasty

Skullfuckers Anonymous

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2205 on: February 05, 2021, 07:13:50 PM »
Fox News recently hired former Trump economic adviser Larry Kudlow with the intention of giving him a daily program. The former longtime CNBC host immediately becomes a candidate to replace Dobbs on Fox Business Network.
:gladbron

Stonks with Kudlow :rejoice
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #2206 on: February 05, 2021, 07:17:54 PM »
Trust the plan.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #2207 on: February 05, 2021, 07:22:27 PM »
I'm glad Lou Dobbs won't have a large audience to fuck with anymore. At least not so directly. Not sure what he will be doing that's not on camera.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2208 on: February 05, 2021, 07:27:21 PM »

:mynicca
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| BYE MITCH
« Reply #2209 on: February 05, 2021, 07:42:10 PM »
is there a rival liberal pillow guy? :dead
I still can't believe this dumbass shid is coming true  :neogaf

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| BYE MITCH
« Reply #2210 on: February 05, 2021, 07:50:32 PM »
Welcome to my world :neo
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #2211 on: February 05, 2021, 07:56:56 PM »

Nostrafiller :jeb

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2212 on: February 05, 2021, 07:57:21 PM »
This office of the former President thing is really getting out of hand

https://twitter.com/grynbaum/status/1357844930157285376
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #2213 on: February 05, 2021, 08:05:55 PM »
Trump Dodds 2024!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2214 on: February 05, 2021, 08:13:58 PM »
Trump
Lindell
Dobbs
Pence
Haley
Pompeo
Rubio
Cruz
Flynn
DeSantis
Christie
Carson
Jeb!
Kasich

and about a dozen more. The 2024 Primary field is stacked  :rejoice
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2215 on: February 05, 2021, 08:40:30 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/yashar/status/1357830852546207748

:'( :'( :'(

Yeah. Came in here to post:
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-02-05/fox-news-cancels-lou-dobbs-tonight

Fox News has led America far to the right, and now the other, further right, reactionary news networks are eating Fox’s lunch. I don’t know if this cancellation of Lou Dobbs will work out for them, though I am hopeful that some of the deluded and lost right leaning people can be lured back to the center.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

BIONIC

« Reply #2219 on: February 06, 2021, 02:09:49 AM »
warren is an anti-semite  :jeanluc

By transitive property Tasty is too.

Guess we know who won’t be getting in the discord now  :girlaff
Margs