Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Son of a bitch!  (Read 317728 times)

Himu

Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Resist Australian-style Fascism
« Reply #4500 on: December 28, 2021, 07:45:24 AM »
Hahahahaha

https://twitter.com/katewillett/status/1475564991503687685

https://notthebee.com/article/check-out-this-thread-from-a-lefty-in-san-fran-who-is-starting-to-question-this-whole-progressivism-thing

Oh my God yesss

she doesn't sound like the kind of person who would go right wing, though, she apparently cares about fixing the homeless problem, being charitable and kind etc. and that doesn't seem to be the republican platform

seems like someone who would go leftist rather than liberal

I was in Manhattan for a week and had to show my vax card almost everywhere I went. It was not a hassle in the fucking least. You just pull it out. Almost no where even really looked at it. My uncle was using his wife's card while with his wife and no place even noticed.

so what's even the point of that thing? this might be the most distinguished mentally-challenged argument FOR the passports i've ever seen  :lol :lol :lol

It is dumb when you know places aren't really checking them with any scrutiny, I agree. My point was it isn't some oppressive, major inconvenience at all. You literally just have to flash a card or your phone for less than 2 seconds. Himu gonna Himu, though.

"it's easy to ignore" is the worst possible argument for anything like this, that's how things get worse and worse without you recognizing it like the frog in the boiling pot

I recognize that the vaccine is a good thing, I recognize that everyone should be vaccinated, and the card is probably even innocuous and ok, I will just never back any argument on the basis of "what's the problem, it's easy to show them your papers"

"just wear the star it literally takes 2 seconds to pin it on"

Or how all of a sudden the government thinks it's worth spying on its people or airports giving flyers anal checks after 9/11. Liberal ok with tyranny?! Say it ain't so!
IYKYK

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4501 on: December 28, 2021, 07:50:24 AM »
I haven't gotten a government anal check in years  :gloomy
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #4502 on: December 28, 2021, 07:52:40 AM »
Don't worry. It's coming.
IYKYK

Himu

« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 08:09:26 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #4505 on: December 28, 2021, 08:17:16 AM »
I'm not listening to him. He's the blue loser who tried to put his hounds on the poor Oregon dad because he teased Brandon! :lol

CNBC reports this

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/27/biden-says-covid-surge-needs-to-be-solved-at-state-level-vows-full-federal-support.html

I don't give a fuck about the clip. The point is Brandon says there's no federal solution after campaining on that exact promise. In fact, it's why he was elected to begin with. And if he's so anti federal solution will he please rescind his vaccine mandate? :doge
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 08:21:36 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #4506 on: December 28, 2021, 08:34:08 AM »
biden's tan suit brought to you by, jfc

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4507 on: December 28, 2021, 08:37:12 AM »
The president may be concerned that federal initiatives to contain the virus can’t be effective without states’ help. The comments could also be an attempt to put added pressure on governors to take a greater role in trying to control the disease.

The omicron variant poses a multifaceted threat to Biden, who campaigned on the federal government’s ability to curb the pandemic. The president on Monday reiterated some of the promises he made last week, including the federal government’s purchase of 500 million rapid coronavirus tests.

“My message to the governors is simple: if you need something, say something,” he said. “We’re going to have your back any way we can.”

The administration plans to distribute the tests free to Americans, support more vaccination and testing sites, and deploy 1,000 military medical professionals to augment hospital staff nationwide.

:idont
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4508 on: December 28, 2021, 08:42:09 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/27/politics/biden-covid-governors/index.html

On Monday, Biden, citing the Stafford Act, directed federal funding via FEMA to assist in the deployment of Covid testing.

"It is the policy of my Administration to combat and respond to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic with the full capacity and capability of the Federal Government to protect and support our families, schools, and businesses, and to assist State, local, Tribal, and territorial governments to do the same," Biden writes. "This policy includes the use of emergency and disaster assistance available from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to get COVID-19 testing to the places that need it most."

The order directs the Department of Health and Human Services "on a fully reimbursable basis, to provide testing sites, launched and operated by HHS in close coordination with State, local, Tribal, and territorial public health departments," using FEMA funding.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #4509 on: December 28, 2021, 08:49:41 AM »
https://notthebee.com/article/check-out-this-thread-from-a-lefty-in-san-fran-who-is-starting-to-question-this-whole-progressivism-thing

Oh my God yesss

she doesn't sound like the kind of person who would go right wing, though, she apparently cares about fixing the homeless problem, being charitable and kind etc. and that doesn't seem to be the republican platform

seems like someone who would go leftist rather than liberal

Agreed. When faced with the philosophical and moralistic failures of liberalism, outside of deciding to not participate altogether, one is finally faced with only two real choices: leftism or conservatism. Unfortunately due to my experiences with the left I am not sold on leftism as they appear more interested in credo and identity politics and oppression Olympics over results. I'm far more convinced by conservatism. Leftism in comparison is in many ways laughable.

IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4510 on: December 28, 2021, 08:56:09 AM »
it's a complicated problem that shouldn't be boiled down to memes, but I can't help but picture an unarmed holistic wellness counselor forced to approach these guys and say "sirs? you need to move on, you're scaring the other riders, come with me," being told to fuck off or even getting attacked, and then needing actual police support anyway (who are slow to respond because to them the wellness counselors represent an attack on their livelihood)

We have social emergency workers & association volunteers (Red Cross and such) doing exactly that here, patrols at night to offer coffee, soup and try to convince homeless people to come with them to a shelter. They don't always agree to and I'm certain some of them may get aggressive or violent and this periodically means the police has to be involved. But practice and experience is that safety is not so much an issue you can't do exactly that.

I'd be pretty surprised it's not exactly the same in NYC or any major city ? Popular soups, volunteers, city social services, etc

Yes it's a complicated issue and making it more of a policing issue, to my knowledge, generally has not proven to address it (unless it's for moving it out of sight, out of mind).
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4511 on: December 28, 2021, 09:05:01 AM »
I'm definitely not solving this issue by myself.

Just found the juxtaposition of calling for the police to forcibly remove people for safety and public health motives & protect a public utility then ranting about a rather mild inconvenience from a larger mandate designed to protect a public utility & public health to be a bit confusing.
ὕβρις

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4512 on: December 28, 2021, 09:24:51 AM »
I recognize that the vaccine is a good thing, I recognize that everyone should be vaccinated, and the card is probably even innocuous and ok, I will just never back any argument on the basis of "what's the problem, it's easy to show them your papers"

:snoop

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4513 on: December 28, 2021, 09:35:16 AM »

Just found the juxtaposition of calling for the police to forcibly remove people for safety and public health motives & protect a public utility then ranting about a rather mild inconvenience from a larger mandate designed to protect a public utility & public health to be a bit confusing.

it's called anarchy.

When people can't reconcile the fact you have to sacrifice for your idealized goal of being selfless, they just turn to hating the "system".

you look at people like nintenx of himu, most of era and whats left of gaf. That's what these contradictory opinions are.

Himu

« Reply #4514 on: December 28, 2021, 09:42:10 AM »

Because allowing people using a public utility and making it their home to use drugs is not a solution. It merely turns its head away from the problem. If we continue in that manner NY will look like SF and I and others refuse to let that happen. Therefore, they must be removed and put in shelters where they can get help.

Versus

A culture of increasing goal posts. Where people need to get vaccinated with a vaccine less than a year old or face being terminated. Forced vaccination mandates. Forced vaccine cards. Shaming people for not being vaxxed. A culture of corporate shilling of vaccination. Fourth shots, fifth shots. When does it end? What's the end goal? All in the name of safety and security. Weeks and weeks of fear an looking down the gun barrel of disease. Omicron Omicron omicron reeeee I'm scarrreddd

You try to equate but one is fair. The other results in endless purity checks in the name of safety. I am tired of the fear tactics. Omicron lockdowns when Omicron is weak as shit. Why do you trust Big Pharma so much? Why do you trust governance forcing citizens so much?

What's your solution to the homeless epidemic and people living in the subway trains? You could say more services but NYC already provides 3.9 billion towards these services trying to assist nearly 80k people. You want to waffle about ideals. I don't give a shit. I care about results. What's the result of one? Less freedom. The other? Better public safety.

One is not the other. I bet you also support governments spying on citizens and the TSA. Same shit. But no, the real bad guys are putting people that shoot up heroin in the public space where they belong so they can get help.

LOL this is the perfect approximation of the leftist ideal and its soft feelings based cacophany of failure without thinking about results and intended consequences.
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4515 on: December 28, 2021, 09:45:33 AM »
vaccine less than a year old

Imagine thinking that major vaccines developed after sequencing the human genome still need to be tested through old processes.

I can fucking charge my phone literally wirelessly from the power source, and there are still people who think vaccines are ominous. 

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4516 on: December 28, 2021, 09:46:48 AM »
One is fair ?
Yeah I'd say one of those has a lot more scientific backing, objective known benefits than the other.

Anyhow no one ever convinced you to not go down what particular way you're exploring so safe travel.

ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4517 on: December 28, 2021, 09:49:06 AM »

:snoop

the argument that everyone should do something (anything) just because it is easy is never compelling

say that everyone should do it because it's important for public health and for managing the virus over the long term, I have absolutely nothing against that, but then you will also need to demonstrate that it does indeed succeed at those functions
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #4518 on: December 28, 2021, 09:55:13 AM »
You really can't point fingers at me Cauliflower. I believe in vaccines. I got all three shots. However, I take issue with mandating and forcing others to get them. Morally it is wrong. Whatever happened to my body my choice?

Yes, it is fair. New Yorkers face the most dense public in America. We interact in daily life because we lack cars and transport. Trains are something millions use a day and we have no reason to suffer from being harassed by people high  on H when trying to get the morning commute

In what way are mandates keeping new yorkers safe? We are over 70% vaxxed by at least one shot. As usual with liberals it is virtue signaling just like how they are with racists. You know what will keep new yorkers safe? Not having people harass us on our commute.
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4519 on: December 28, 2021, 09:57:10 AM »
the argument that everyone should do something (anything) just because it is easy is never compelling

say that everyone should do it because it's important for public health and for managing the virus over the long term, I have absolutely nothing against that,
Then why add a holocaust comparison on top? For some added heft? :beli

but then you will also need to demonstrate that it does indeed succeed at those functions
Do driver's licences stop people from driving without one? No. Let's do away with them then.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4520 on: December 28, 2021, 09:57:15 AM »
However, I take issue with mandating and forcing others to get them. Morally it is wrong. Whatever happened to my body my choice?

Serioulsy trying to compare contagious decisions to abortion choices?

You know what happened to that? Nothing. because they are fucking irrelevant to the vaccine "debate".

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4521 on: December 28, 2021, 09:59:06 AM »

they're different topics, aren't they?

I don't necessarily call for the police to forcibly remove people, but I also don't think sending in a group that's less equipped than the police is going to somehow be more effective at solving the problem

of course many social services exist but apparently these particular people are choosing not to take advantage of them

all I intended to convey is that twitter hot takes aren't necessarily providing any more workable solutions to the issue
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #4522 on: December 28, 2021, 10:02:19 AM »
Ok. Enjoy your culture of fear. Your endless cycle of cold cries and calls from a media that wants your money, your time, your sweat, your fear. Weeks of Omicron fear. Turns out it's not shit. White House tells unvaccinated to prepare for a winter of death. Aren't you scared yet? Where does it end? All in the name of safety? What safety? Whose safety? Continue to bahhhh to your masters. The same corporations you criticize and resent. Continue to get your wool snipped.

You are truly showing the weakness of the leftist position and its fluttering of floundering failure in tacit pursuit of endless feelings. Where's the result? Leftism is shit. Keep proving me right. Keep being scared.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4523 on: December 28, 2021, 10:05:31 AM »
The reality of living with the effects of progressive policy and whistling away, sucking the teet of their golden promise is night and day and more people are waking up thankfully to their dystopian failure. Masha'Allah.

You get it. The problem is progressivism and liberalism. End their rule. White liberals and progressives and leftists are the most racist people I've met in my life and they have a lifestyle that will only lead you to the fire. You too have found the hole behind the veil: progressivism is shit. Kill it. Stab it in the belly and shoot it in the head NOW before it becomes too late.

Less posts with 20 twitter links, plz.
dog

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4524 on: December 28, 2021, 10:06:14 AM »

say that everyone should do it because it's important for public health and for managing the virus over the long term, I have absolutely nothing against that,
Then why add a holocaust comparison on top? For some added heft? :beli

you need to understand that a comparison is usually being wielded to make a specific point, and not for including literally all associated baggage

if I say "apples are like steak in that they can both be eaten" it's disingenuous to come back with "YOU MORON, CLAIMING THAT APPLES ARE SAVORY" when I never said that

you're essentially arguing the idea that no one can compare anything ever because no two things will ever be identical

if you don't want a comparison, then just leave it at what I said: the argument that everyone should do something (anything) just because it is easy is never compelling

but then you will also need to demonstrate that it does indeed succeed at those functions
Do driver's licences stop people from driving without one? No. Let's do away with them then.
I did not say that it needs to succeed at those functions 100% of the time, a vague improvement is better than nothing, which is why even if few vaccine card "enforcers" (tellers, clerks etc.) even glance at it and people are getting away with fake ones, if it does convince some percentage of the population to just get vaxed, that's probably good
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #4525 on: December 28, 2021, 10:07:33 AM »
Remember Vom, you're the one that compared the positions. Not I. I very much care for homeless people and refuse to see how letting them sleep on the subway, do their drugs in public is "caring" for the homeless
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4526 on: December 28, 2021, 10:07:36 AM »
omicron is no shit because of vaccines and boosters and distancing and not making people all virulent. crazy leftists

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4527 on: December 28, 2021, 10:07:49 AM »
you need to understand that a comparison is usually being wielded to make a specific point, and not for including literally all associated baggage
:doge
You need to understand tact and tastelessness.

I did not say that it needs to succeed at those functions 100% of the time, a vague improvement is better than nothing, which is why even if few vaccine card "enforcers" (tellers, clerks etc.) even glance at it and people are getting away with fake ones, if it does convince some percentage of the population to just get vaxed, that's probably good
Then what's the problem? Back to the slippery slope?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4528 on: December 28, 2021, 10:11:12 AM »
Yeah, let's leave the "Actually this is just like the Holocaust" arguments at the door.
dog

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4529 on: December 28, 2021, 10:11:25 AM »

I also said "what's the problem, it's easy to show them your papers" which conjures up the menacing spectre of the hit 2013 game Papers, Please
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #4530 on: December 28, 2021, 10:14:11 AM »
Notice that throughout this discussion not one liberal or leftist has offered one single solution. Just feelings, guilt, and pointed fingers truly solidifying the weakness of their positions. All they know is comply. They refuse to engage in ideas or discussions. They can only villify and make twisted comparisons. Weak. Ineffectual. Crap.
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4531 on: December 28, 2021, 10:16:23 AM »

I also said "what's the problem, it's easy to show them your papers" which conjures up the menacing spectre of the hit 2013 game Papers, Please

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4532 on: December 28, 2021, 10:19:54 AM »
What the fuck are you even talking about.

Solutions to what problem? Concerns of dying from COVID? Vaccines, distancing. Economy dying? Stop spreading COVID. Filthy rich getting their pockets filled?COVID mandates.

Idiots not articulating an argument, himu.

Himu

« Reply #4533 on: December 28, 2021, 10:37:31 AM »
You'll need five shots to be fully vaccinated.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1474096240065449989
IYKYK

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #4534 on: December 28, 2021, 10:37:58 AM »
 :lol

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4535 on: December 28, 2021, 10:39:46 AM »
imagine thinking "full vaccinated" is a thing.

and yelping at the left for being too sciency.

Himu

« Reply #4536 on: December 28, 2021, 10:47:10 AM »
imagine thinking "full vaccinated" is a thing.

and yelping at the left for being too sciency.

For a citizen that complies you are woefully misinformed or very naive.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/586402-ny-governor-plans-to-add-booster-shot-to-definition-of-fully-vaccinated
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4537 on: December 28, 2021, 10:54:14 AM »
Fauci said earlier this month that it "it's going to be a matter of when, not if” the definition of being “fully vaccinated” changes, but he noted that the change likely was not going to happen right away.
fucking science man, always being non committal. You'd think you'd be more open to something like that.

Himu

« Reply #4538 on: December 28, 2021, 11:09:43 AM »
Fauci said earlier this month that it "it's going to be a matter of when, not if” the definition of being “fully vaccinated” changes, but he noted that the change likely was not going to happen right away.
fucking science man, always being non committal. You'd think you'd be more open to something like that.

Ah. I forgot science is your ilks religion. Nice backtrack after being proven categorically wrong though.
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4539 on: December 28, 2021, 11:15:01 AM »
What's next you don't believe in evolution because new fossils keep being found out of nowhere?

Fucking clown.

therealdeal

« Reply #4540 on: December 28, 2021, 11:15:57 AM »
Notice that throughout this discussion not one liberal or leftist has offered one single solution. Just feelings, guilt, and pointed fingers truly solidifying the weakness of their positions. All they know is comply. They refuse to engage in ideas or discussions. They can only villify and make twisted comparisons. Weak. Ineffectual. Crap.

You should probably figure out why you constantly need a “they” to rail against if you’re actually trying to grow like you say

Himu

« Reply #4541 on: December 28, 2021, 11:24:34 AM »
What's next you don't believe in evolution because new fossils keep being found out of nowhere?

Fucking clown.

I believe in evolution and I believe in vaccines. I do not however believe in endless government creep. Whose the clown? Someone like you that swallows everything they regurgitate even to the point of making boosters mandatory? Seems so. Keep pointing and calling me names. You look utterly pathetic and I'm laughing at your squalid rhetoric.
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4542 on: December 28, 2021, 11:29:59 AM »

Fucking clown.

I believe in evolution and I believe in vaccines. I do not however believe in endless government creep. Whose the clown? Someone like you that swallows everything they regurgitate even to the point of making boosters mandatory? Seems so. Keep pointing and calling me names. You look utterly pathetic and I'm laughing at your squalid rhetoric.

Government creep. Learn something about vaccine mandates in the US and how they have managed and prevented disasters and collapses.

I'll go ahead and swallow all these peer reviewed research and regurgitate this data that proves mandates and boosters minimize people dying on the fucking streets. ( you mentioned something about homeless right?)

Quote from: himu
  I think the street would kill you. Your rhetoric and your propaganda aren't gonna save you out there

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4543 on: December 28, 2021, 11:41:58 AM »
I had to get vaccinated several times as a kid in order to attend a public school.
dog

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4544 on: December 28, 2021, 11:42:26 AM »
rumbler invading

Himu

« Reply #4545 on: December 28, 2021, 11:45:00 AM »

Fucking clown.

Government creep. Learn something about vaccine mandates in the US and how they have managed and prevented disasters and collapses.

I'll go ahead and swallow all these peer reviewed research and regurgitate this data that proves mandates and boosters minimize people dying on the fucking streets. ( you mentioned something about homeless right?)

Quote from: himu
  I think the street would kill you. Your rhetoric and your propaganda aren't gonna save you out there

I am enjoying your troglodytic tears. You know I believe and trust in science or else I wouldn't get three shots so you can't attack me there. You can't defend the government forcing vaccines and especially three shots so you can't attack me there. So you call me a clown and and accuse me of anti-evolution thought. It's pathetic. Behind your veil of wide teeth and a smug sneer I sense crocodile tears and hurt feelings. You know I'm not JayDubya and it bothers you so, so much.

Like most leftists you're nothing but a bully and like with all bullies your power is lost once I stop giving a shit.
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4546 on: December 28, 2021, 11:51:28 AM »
bringing up jaydubs out of nowhere

legit not sure what to do with that, except to imagine you doing that and then saying you don't give a shit.

I'm minting this nft right here and now, and demi is only a benefactor (30%)

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4547 on: December 28, 2021, 11:59:26 AM »
oh. lol, himu just did a post history search

fucking hell.

Himu

« Reply #4548 on: December 28, 2021, 02:26:49 PM »
Fascism.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1475843008239218689

Look at these COVID criminals. A family trying to eat.

Thankfully I'm at NYC GOP HQ right fucking now to offer my services.
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4549 on: December 28, 2021, 03:18:24 PM »
Try showing what actually happened. Found some guy in the comments saying this is what actually happened.

"No, a bunch of fucking idiots went into an Applebee's to protest having to wear a mask & did a "sit in" by taking up all the tables and started raising hell. They didn't leave when the manager asked, so the cops were called.

And a mom used her 6 yr old as a pawn."

I don't know what really happened, but this 2 minute video edited down to show only a certain part of what happened is basically the lugenpresse kind of shit people on the right like to rail against.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4550 on: December 28, 2021, 03:25:45 PM »
Try showing what actually happened. Found some guy in the comments saying this is what actually happened.

"No, a bunch of fucking idiots went into an Applebee's to protest having to wear a mask & did a "sit in" by taking up all the tables and started raising hell. They didn't leave when the manager asked, so the cops were called.

I don't know what really happened, but this 2 minute video edited down to show only a certain part of what happened is basically the lugenpresse kind of shit people on the right like to rail against.

:pika
dog

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4551 on: December 28, 2021, 03:29:12 PM »
thats disrespectful rumbler

dont appropriate the fallen.

gross

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4552 on: December 28, 2021, 03:29:15 PM »

Even though that's a more likely scenario than as presented, even if it wasn't which face of the GOP do we think will pretend to care?
The one actively attempting to prevent people without the correct documentation having access to things like jobs or voting?
The one that will champion the use of police services to protect a businesses right to do business in the face of disruption, up to and including overruling the right to protest?
The one fighting for the rights of businesses to be able to selectively offer their services and refuse customers, especially where the business deems those customers harmful to the rest of their business?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4553 on: December 28, 2021, 03:33:55 PM »

gross

The fallen deserve no respect.
dog

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4554 on: December 28, 2021, 03:36:59 PM »

gross

holy shit

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #4555 on: December 28, 2021, 03:44:04 PM »

gross

I agree. Cindi brings a level of sophisticated and intellectual discussion that was missing from the bore DOT com. No more endless tweets and shit posts.
Margs

Himu

« Reply #4556 on: December 28, 2021, 03:49:12 PM »

Link to tweet? Couldn't find it. Stand corrected if so
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4557 on: December 28, 2021, 04:14:40 PM »
It was quicker to just look up a news article on google. The tweet is basically buried in a quagmire of people showing their disgust, but not actually looking into what happened.

https://www.newsweek.com/video-shows-mom-child-being-kicked-out-restaurant-over-new-york-vaccine-mandate-1663708

When asked about the incident caught on video, an NYPD spokesperson provided Newsweek with information about the protest at the Applebees location, where several individuals entered the location without masks and refused to show their COVID-19 vaccine cards on December 15.

"Upon arrival, officers were informed by the manager that individuals entered, refused to prove vaccination status in compliance with NYS Mandate and requested for the individuals to be removed from the location," the NYPD spokesperson said.

The spokesperson added that four individuals were arrested following the protest and were charged with criminal trespass. The individuals seen in the video of the mother and child were not arrested.

Newsweek followed up with the NYPD to confirm that the incident on video occurred on the same date as the December 15 protest but did not receive a response in time for publication.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4558 on: December 28, 2021, 04:19:55 PM »
kids shouldn't be allowed in restaurants

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4559 on: December 28, 2021, 04:22:21 PM »
Imagine being a manager at Applebees which already sounds like a fate worse than death and then having to deal with this bullshit.

:'(