Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Son of a bitch!  (Read 238556 times)

Himu

Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Son of a bitch!
« Reply #5760 on: February 19, 2022, 07:25:32 PM »
Hmm, pretend. No. More like, think a certain way but blow it up a bit. For show. Since no one wants to actually talk and treat people like humans here you might as go all out and make it your oyster.
ISLAM

Himu

« Reply #5762 on: February 19, 2022, 07:30:43 PM »
Mmmm...no. I tell my perspective from my life and you've got the liberals coming out calling me stupid for feeling that way whether it's Stro or some non-American. Most are liberal so I apply it to liberals. But my main ire goes beyond homelessness and covid policies but liberal policies in general, to which the liberal response in this thread and forum confirm to me: the problem is liberals. Since the liberals are unwilling to engage when I was being intellectually honest and nice, why should they get respect returned? I am nice to those who are nice to me.
It's fine to have problems with progressives and Democrats in general but for the most part you've only really outlined three broad disagreements with them:
-COVID policy in NYC, which is more extreme than most of the country, including even DC at times, and as you yourself have noted other Democratic Governors are not following Hochul in statewide policies while pushing back against the the larger coastal state Democrats that are closer to her
-homeless/crime policy in NYC, which as you yourself again noted Eric Adams (himself not very popular among progressives) seems to be trending away from the de Blasio policies (which themselves were far from the popular policies of Rudy and Bloomberg, both "liberals")
-they're jerks online

This isn't a fair ascertainment of my views at all. I've made the argument for example that liberals own all culture. This means it's impossible to escape liberal viewpoints as well as people. So not only do you have to suffer with it in real life, in the media you consume, in the ways they impact your day to day life but you go online and they're fucking everywhere as well. It's not that liberals are jerks online. It's actually the cherry on top.

You're also pulling together homeless and crime policy into one batch. You've missed taxes, as well as the fact the Democrats don't get anything done or the fact that for the most part liberal policies are wholly reactionary.

When you pressed him a bit, stost outlined his own policy interests regarding homelessness from a leftist perspective that probably wouldn't be entirely acceptable among big city progressives, Democrats or "liberals" and you didn't have too much criticism for those. The SF recall is interesting because it was a coalition on specific interests, where typical broad politics it would have never succeeded (indeed the board members and their defenders tried to go exactly this route by accusing their multicultural San Francisco opponents of being Trumpers, Republicans, white supremacists, etc.) which I think is another instance of evidence for where if you want to bring down big city party-backed Democrats as you proclaim it's about building coalitions on issues, not engaging in MAGA style politics. I think you're probably right that the de Blasio polices weren't entirely popular even among Democrats, but you seem to be painting anyone who disagrees with you as inherently backing those.

In other words, I'm saying you need a little more Hugh Honey and less Vic Vinegar in both your real estate and your life.

I disagree with Shosta's homeless policy in general which was the same as NYC's to my memory and that's do nothing.
ISLAM

benjipwns

Himu

« Reply #5764 on: February 19, 2022, 07:32:58 PM »
:dead American troops to Canada
ISLAM

benjipwns

« Reply #5765 on: February 19, 2022, 07:40:10 PM »

Himu

« Reply #5766 on: February 19, 2022, 07:41:06 PM »
I'll spare Madrun the time and leave on my own will. I'm pretty sure Bork will ban me though anyways so you win anyways.

As a corollary, as I said elsewhere, the Bore is inherently toxic.

The environment of the Bore is made as such where I, or someone else, says something. Then people, rather than trying to understand what is being said, get on a soapbox of correctness and attempt to judge or bully the person in to why they're wrong. Person doubles down. Tirade continues. Person triples down.

The Bore does this with any person they don't like and always has. We are a monoculture and like to keep it that way. Look at Ghoul's posts on this page and thread. it's done specifically to create a reaction. He's acting like a toxic ass. So I respond as a toxic ass back. That's Bore 101.

You could argue it's the format, and that's true as far as it goes, but it's also the people. The Discord can be just as toxic.

I've been on this forum since it launched in 2006. Frankly, no one I used to like even posts anymore besides a few strays like Bebpo or Tiesto. I just post to get reactions now anyways. Posting here is pretty pointless and has been for some time.

If there's one bad thing for my mental health, as you all say, it's probably The Bore. The fact of the matter is, we don't like each other, and there's better things to spend ones time on. "Go where you're appreciated" is pretty good advice. I don't appreciate any of you or vice versa.

I hate you all.

ISLAM

Nintex

• The tide is turning
« Reply #5767 on: February 19, 2022, 07:46:34 PM »
God speed Himu I hope you find what you are looking for :fbm
🤴

samir

« Reply #5768 on: February 19, 2022, 07:49:52 PM »
See you in a month

Potato

• Kipfler
« Reply #5769 on: February 19, 2022, 07:54:55 PM »
See you in a month
I wonder what random issue his personality will be based on by then?
Spud

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #5770 on: February 19, 2022, 07:55:29 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #5771 on: February 19, 2022, 07:55:38 PM »
This isn't a fair ascertainment of my views at all. I've made the argument for example that liberals own all culture. This means it's impossible to escape liberal viewpoints as well as people. So not only do you have to suffer with it in real life, in the media you consume, in the ways they impact your day to day life but you go online and they're fucking everywhere as well. It's not that liberals are jerks online. It's actually the cherry on top.

You're also pulling together homeless and crime policy into one batch. You've missed taxes, as well as the fact the Democrats don't get anything done or the fact that for the most part liberal policies are wholly reactionary.
I disagree with your position on culture, doesn't seem like that at all to me. People seem pretty good at siloing. Even where progressives are dominant I don't see anything that suggests they're winning the fight, especially online. For example, the people still using Latinx are a rear guard that got crushed dramatically. People ignore/mock all the NFL's attempts at seeming woke. Elite culture has always pushed their views, I don't know why you're suddenly so upset about it that you're willing to become caustic, it's been this way our entire lives. Seinfeld was elite "liberal" culture in the 1990's.

I did toss crime in there because as I was writing the stuff comparing Adams and de Blasio I recognized that was part of what upsets people about Adams.

Taxes are taxes, one set of people are always going to want higher taxes on other people. Even Republicans, the Trump SALT changes were a direct attempt to wedge tax concerns into Democratic cleavages. That's why you had even NY Republicans who were otherwise MAGAtards voting against it in the House. At this point criticizing Democrats for wanting to increase taxes seems like low hanging fruit, they champion their desire for more taxes now days.

Democrats seem to get a lot done, they just have different priorities than you or I. For example, directing taxpayer dollars to well connected wealthy political groups, they get this done very well.

On the last point, I've called progressive politics reactionary for a long time just on this forum but you have to actually make that argument if you want them to listen to you about it. Insulting them for not getting it won't get them there, it will just harden them in their place on the right side of history and cause them to dismiss everything you say including the good parts.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #5772 on: February 19, 2022, 07:58:14 PM »
I can't give an exact percentage, but part of me is convinced the real Himu hasn't really existed for some quantity of time, and that the Bore account for Himu has been used for nefarious reasons for 16 years.

I may be wrong and it's actually one person behind the account. But if the main consistency is the lack of consistency..... :doge
OH!

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #5773 on: February 19, 2022, 08:39:33 PM »
SO HOW ABOUT THOSE USA POLITICS?

benjipwns

« Reply #5774 on: February 19, 2022, 09:13:36 PM »
SO HOW ABOUT THOSE USA POLITICS?
Too soon. Not funny.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5775 on: February 19, 2022, 09:35:09 PM »
Well, that was a lot to come back to after a couple of hours.

:rodney

I'll spare Madrun the time and leave on my own will. I'm pretty sure Bork will ban me though anyways so you win anyways.

Yeah, because you need a break and this will stop any temptation you might have of doing more posting.  See you in 30.
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #5776 on: February 19, 2022, 09:45:55 PM »
and here comes the online liberal jannies to silence a Black man for speaking truth to liberal power smh

AMAB

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5777 on: February 19, 2022, 09:46:05 PM »
Rather than clean this shit up, thread's closed.  Will make a new one shortly.
ど助平