Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1824408 times)

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #1140 on: September 25, 2021, 08:58:25 AM »
wait, why don't they just openly talk about these things?

It's because what you and the rest of the normie posters might see the problem as being;
 - mods do not treat all posters equally, or enforce the rules non-selectively
 - rules are not clear and agreed to as TOS, and you get things like a mod dropping into a thread and saying "MY OPINION IS THE CORRECT ONE, SO IM ACTIONING ALL CONTRARY VIEWS" than going through the thread banning people retroactively, or reverting peoples fucking edited posts if they feel they went too far and self-censored just to drop a ban on them
 - bans are arbitrary in frequency, length, and severity, and can be clearly and visibly seen to not be based on a particular posters actual prior infractions, despite the attempts to keep this secret.
 - despite claims that moderator decisions are final, they're fucking not and mods can and will eat a big bucket of shit if you can brigade the forums successfully for long enough, whereas doing what 'you're supposed to' over an egregious ban gets you fuck all except maybe upgrading your ban for 'abusing the report system' or 'hostile private messages'.

era mods - WHO ARE FUCKING LAUGHABLY SHIT AT THEIR ONE JOB - think the problem is;
 - not enough bans
 - not enough 'personalities' (names they recognise who always hold the same opinion as them) want to become mods
 - not enough secret rules not listed anywhere to justify bans, and not enough secret histories and interent detective powers to justify bans
 - all these alt right bad faith secret nazi badthink troll accounts playing the long game just to make a moderator look like a petty asshole, like Chris1964 did, when clearly mods didnt do nothing

Watch and fucking see their 'solution' is going to be less moderator transparency, more stasi-like 'trusted informants' whose reports will be auto-actioned without oversight or even reading the fucking thread, and more bans for longer with even more opaque reasoning

No one read that Sage

Edit: Top of the page booty:

:nsfw

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 09:03:06 AM by CHOW CHOW »
hey

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #1141 on: September 25, 2021, 10:00:33 AM »
Was the latest incel backfire posted yet?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-stunning-how-much-members-of-the-media-clearly-yearn-for-the-attention-they-got-being-abused-by-trump.490069/

In her most recent meltdown she had to reveal she only read the headline and not the article because she didn't know there was an "incognito," mode.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fascism-will-be-normalized-wapo-calls-the-trump-assault-on-the-2020-voting-ballots-audits.437732/ (A sunday morning)

I'm chalking it up to weekend drug use.  I can't really blame a person for that.
sigh

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #1142 on: September 25, 2021, 10:26:37 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-stunning-how-much-members-of-the-media-clearly-yearn-for-the-attention-they-got-being-abused-by-trump.490069/

In her most recent meltdown she had to reveal she only read the headline and not the article because she didn't know there was an "incognito," mode.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fascism-will-be-normalized-wapo-calls-the-trump-assault-on-the-2020-voting-ballots-audits.437732/ (A sunday morning)

I'm chalking it up to weekend drug use.  I can't really blame a person for that.

That ones from June but wow I hadn’t seen it yet. She got absolutely destroyed. Youngblood sent her to another dimension. Easily a Top 5 Incel Backfire.
hey

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1143 on: September 25, 2021, 10:27:08 AM »
Seems like a very ethnocentric article. What does the BLM movement have to do with Asian beauty standards? I’m failing to see why we’re judging them based on what’s happening in the U.S. But from what the article is describing it sounds to be very popular there, I can’t say what the culture surrounding it is like though because I don’t live there.

ethnocentric posters: "DID YOU EVEN READ THE ARTICLE?!?!?!?!?!"

CNN: *bursts into thailand* this is horrible and racist!

Thailand: o-oh, we're sorry american company, we didn't know...?

CNN: for god's sake take the video down!

Thailand: *removes video*

CNN: *preserves it for all eternity on youtube with english translation so the world knows what they're saying*

:confused
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1144 on: September 25, 2021, 11:02:23 AM »
Meanwhile a late contender storms in for the most pathetic ree of the week award -

For everyone saying "just get a taxi"

How the fuck do you even do that?

I can't tell you the last time I've seen an idling 'taxi' at MSP in Minneapolis. Is there a number to call? How does it work? I have a feeling it varies greatly by region whether or not you can can "just get a taxi"

This is an adult. An actual human adult. Asking for advice on how to get a taxi at an airport

You don't understand. At the Minneapolis airport, there is no one to help you, anywhere practically. This is an airport with 2 (two) security lines. There is no one to help you in any way. How should I find a taxi? Google a taxi company?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lyft-bailed-out-on-me-when-he-got-to-my-location.491371/

now I can't help but imagine an era version of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Uncle

Kurt Russell

« Reply #1145 on: September 25, 2021, 11:07:35 AM »

now I can't help but imagine an era version of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

(Image removed from quote.)

Shosta (Left); Filler (Right)
woke

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands

clothedmacuser

« Reply #1147 on: September 25, 2021, 12:09:26 PM »

:neogaf :tinfoil :picard

I'm gonna be blunt, one for someone preaching unity, talking down to me like I'm a child, is pretty hilarious
sigh

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1148 on: September 25, 2021, 12:17:23 PM »
Seems like a very ethnocentric article. What does the BLM movement have to do with Asian beauty standards? I’m failing to see why we’re judging them based on what’s happening in the U.S. But from what the article is describing it sounds to be very popular there, I can’t say what the culture surrounding it is like though because I don’t live there.

One of them even telling him to leave the thread

Why are you even in this thread?
Because I’m Asian and read the thread title.

Oops

Truly a welcoming non us centric forum

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1149 on: September 25, 2021, 12:22:47 PM »

I'm gonna be blunt, one for someone preaching unity, talking down to me like I'm a child, is pretty hilarious

Two what's with the the woke stuff

:bolo
I found the one no-no word in your entire post, and tugging at this thread will be your undoing
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1150 on: September 25, 2021, 12:24:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-stunning-how-much-members-of-the-media-clearly-yearn-for-the-attention-they-got-being-abused-by-trump.490069/post-73873147

Quote from: UF_C
Quote from: ElectricBlanketFire
#1: We absolutely do not need to share viewpoints and have debates just because. That’s how people start eating horse paste.

#2: Completely woke?
the horse paste issues is a direct product of folks refusing to see the humanity in people across the aisle. Those who take the paste do so because they refuse to believe there anything good from the Democratic Party. As social media has reinforced this idea for 14 years now. I mean, come on, this is exactly the perfect example of how this country has lost its way because we can’t sit down and have actual debates.

don’t get me wrong, horse paste should never be a debate. But it’s the result of years and years of Fox News and social media demonizing the other side.

UF_C is so banned
Uncle

clothedmacuser

sigh

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #1153 on: September 25, 2021, 01:13:57 PM »

Two what's with the the woke stuff

:bolo
I found the one no-no word in your entire post, and tugging at this thread will be your undoing

i’m not talking to you like a child. I’m talking to you like you are a rational, kind, human being who can have a discussion about differing views points.

but it’s just impossible these days to have these discussions without taking offense.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #1154 on: September 25, 2021, 01:26:33 PM »
I’m so glad this wasn’t what I assumed it would be.

[self avatar quote]

https://www.resetera.com/threads/anyone-at-knotfest-iowa.491485/#post-74083990

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1155 on: September 25, 2021, 01:31:28 PM »

So apparently Biden doesn't talk to the press, the press doesn't like it and Excel just yells "get fucked" at them? She really feels like a reverse trumper. The press is the enemy and no one should ever question anything democrats do. Even during the Afghanistan pullout she was like "actually the chopper is landing next to the embassy, not on the roof, so totally not like Saigon"

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #1156 on: September 25, 2021, 01:37:54 PM »

So apparently Biden doesn't talk to the press, the press doesn't like it and Excel just yells "get fucked" at them? She really feels like a reverse trumper. The press is the enemy and no one should ever question anything democrats do. Even during the Afghanistan pullout she was like "actually the chopper is landing next to the embassy, not on the roof, so totally not like Saigon"

See you did it again, you compared me to Trump.

:wag

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1157 on: September 25, 2021, 01:42:30 PM »
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #1158 on: September 25, 2021, 02:07:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tim-sweeney-is-still-doubling-down-on-freefortnite.491503/page-2

Rare thread were RE is in the right and call out a clueless journo.

Propagandhim

« Reply #1159 on: September 25, 2021, 02:20:11 PM »

Because Bruenig is actually a clever gal that has insightful things to say and is a really good writer.   As for you?  Well....cleanup on aisle 4, Excel.  Someone spilled the Pepsi again. 

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1160 on: September 25, 2021, 02:40:15 PM »

Because Bruenig is actually a clever gal that has insightful things to say and is a really good writer.   As for you?  Well....cleanup on aisle 4, Excel.  Someone spilled the Pepsi again.

But does she have a degree in film theory?

Checkmate atheists :society
Margs

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #1162 on: September 25, 2021, 02:58:33 PM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1163 on: September 25, 2021, 03:25:33 PM »

When they said Black Lives Matter, what they really meant was only American black lives matter. The rest of those foreigners' lives just aren't as valuable.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1164 on: September 25, 2021, 03:28:01 PM »
Colorism and white supremacy is a helluva drug. I've witnessed it first hand as part of South Asian culture which obviously can still be brainwashed into believing whiter is better from our colonial pasta and this goes into matchmaking, among many other areas. I'm no expert about the cosmetics industry, but I'm sure there are actions that can be done to stop such products.

:umad

again, my thanks to messedupeggos parents for averting an obvious incel shooting spree from happening, and my condolences to his partner.

Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to have a colonial pasta sandwich
How dark is his wife's skin?

I guarantee you that Mr and Mrs AnEgo specified "no darkies" when they advertised for a wife for their precious little Messof.
Spud

Risible

« Reply #1165 on: September 25, 2021, 03:34:29 PM »

That ones from June but wow I hadn’t seen it yet. She got absolutely destroyed. Youngblood sent her to another dimension. Easily a Top 5 Incel Backfire.

"Nah I find the article to be passive as all hell, I wanted to be wrong, believe it or not, I wanted to believe I jumped the gun, and my history here shows when I'm wrong I'll admit it"

:crowdlaff :neogaf :dead :woody :point

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1166 on: September 25, 2021, 03:49:16 PM »
A lot of these people come from top universities and wealthy backgrounds. Trash all around
Oh no, how dare they be educated or come from a wealthy background?
 :yikes

Twitter makes some journalists incredibly stupid, they turn into fucking children
Just some journalists, huh?
 :hmm
Spud

ShutUp

« Reply #1167 on: September 25, 2021, 03:58:15 PM »
Majority of Era is full of people coming from upper middle class backgrounds and they still live in that tax bracket now. Talking about the backgrounds of others is rich coming from them.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1169 on: September 25, 2021, 06:36:27 PM »

Whenever I think the ResetEra politbureau are the dumbest motherfuckers alive the Biden administration proves me wrong  :mynicca
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1171 on: September 25, 2021, 08:04:00 PM »
Quote from: PlanetSmasher
When I was a mod there was an entire subreddit devoted to stalking me because I...didn't like Xenoblade 2.
Not true.
Quote from: Aerith
Way to completely undersell the trauma such abuse inflicts on marginalised people like Nepenthe. As a Black, NB person who is vocal in threads concerning very difficult and harmful topics that impact her very life, Nepenthe receives much more abuse than you can ever imagine, you absolute coward.
Way to complete discount Nepenthe's behavior (and the staff's continued enslavement of her) as related to why she receives any criticism.
Quote from: Aerith
Are you even a member of any of the group's targeted in those screenshots?
Irrelevant.
Quote from: Android Sophia
A lot of what happened as an admin traumatized me.
No, it didn't.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1172 on: September 25, 2021, 09:23:08 PM »
I know it's silly to get worked up over words but the devaluation of descriptors intended for truly heinous shit is...immensely irritating
 :rage

trauma? you're all experiencing trauma? ok

did you go to a trauma ward for it? are you literally getting psychological counseling to help you deal with the trauma from moderating?

I think all this stems from wanting to legitimize yourself with words you see being used by other smart people, and also wanting the attention drawn to your problem by making it sound as bad as much worse things

on the plus side, unless I'm just managing to avoid those circles now, I think as a society we are getting past the misuse of "triggering" and letting the actual war veterans keep the phrase to themselves, as it should be

« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 09:28:13 PM by Uncle »
Uncle

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #1173 on: September 25, 2021, 09:46:46 PM »
User Banned (1 Month): Misogyny

Considering she calls him X Æ A-XII I'm surprised he doesn't call her bitch. He probably just doesn't know the word yet.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/grimes-says-baby-x-%C3%86-a-xii-calls-her-by-first-name-as-she-doesnt-identify-with-mum.491245/page-4#post-74070484

benjipwns

« Reply #1174 on: September 25, 2021, 09:53:18 PM »
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive Commentary Around Identity; Account in Junior Phase

That's some bs , she needs to grow up and stop that " dont identity " nonsense
what

BIONIC

« Reply #1175 on: September 25, 2021, 09:57:48 PM »
Quote from: Syriel, post: 74106126, member: 36134
This happens because moderators on Era don't follow the stated mod policy on Era.

I rarely see posters get warnings, or nudges to get back on track ([USER=16]Hecht[/USER] is a notable exception here). Instead it's just straight to a ban.

Moderation policy as written is good. In practice, the mods act more like American cops, "shoot first, and sort it all out later."

Quote from: Android Sophia, post: 74106429, member: 156
For the love of all that is holy in this world, can we PLEASE stop with the cop comparisons?

The moderation team consists of a wide variety of minority group, including racial, sexual, and gender minorities. The odds that someone on the team has been a victim of police brutality are extremely likely, and the constant comparisons to an organization of people who regularly engage in excessive bigotry and violence towards minorities is not cool at all. You're not just merely being rude, you're being a gigantic asshole when you make comparisons like this.

You can make your point without making cop comparisons. You literally could have just left this last line out with no changes to the context.

Please, everyone, stop the cop comparisons. Just... stop.

:riot :shaking
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #1176 on: September 25, 2021, 09:59:54 PM »
The odds that someone on the team has been a victim of police brutality are extremely likely
Doubt.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #1177 on: September 25, 2021, 10:01:13 PM »
People will stop making the comparison when the mods stop acting like cops :idont

« Reply #1178 on: September 25, 2021, 10:01:50 PM »
are you literally getting psychological counseling to help you deal with the trauma from moderating?

To be fair, Finale Fireworker literally did.  But he was also truly obsessed with the community and the addiction was probably a bigger deal than the actual moderating part.  To be a fly on the wall in one of those sessions.

I know progressives like to shit on that Tyler the Creator cyberbullying Tweet, but he isn't wrong in the "just walk away from the screen" part unless social media or something reliant on it is literally your job, and for most of the people that have "trauma" from it, it isn't.  There was once a time when disengaging was recommended by these people, but that seems to be fading with each year.  I dread the day mental health professionals agree with these people to keep pushing back and justifying their irrelevant online presence rather than "just walk away from the screen". 

benjipwns

« Reply #1179 on: September 25, 2021, 10:02:38 PM »
Android Sophia is reminding me of that former GAF mod I can't remember the name of (so not Steve Youngblood) but who spent like three years continuing to justify and defend every bad thing the GAF mods did even onto ResetERA.com.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1180 on: September 25, 2021, 10:11:16 PM »
tvc  ???

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1181 on: September 25, 2021, 10:34:45 PM »
:reeeee

ShutUp

« Reply #1182 on: September 25, 2021, 10:36:00 PM »
This happens because moderators on Era don't follow the stated mod policy on Era.

I rarely see posters get warnings, or nudges to get back on track ([USER=16]Hecht[/USER] is a notable exception here). Instead it's just straight to a ban.

Moderation policy as written is good. In practice, the mods act more like American cops, "shoot first, and sort it all out later."

For the love of all that is holy in this world, can we PLEASE stop with the cop comparisons?

The moderation team consists of a wide variety of minority group, including racial, sexual, and gender minorities. The odds that someone on the team has been a victim of police brutality are extremely likely, and the constant comparisons to an organization of people who regularly engage in excessive bigotry and violence towards minorities is not cool at all. You're not just merely being rude, you're being a gigantic asshole when you make comparisons like this.

You can make your point without making cop comparisons. You literally could have just left this last line out with no changes to the context.

CEASE THESE INDEPENDENT THOUGHTS CITIZEN OR ELSE!

HaughtyFrank

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1184 on: September 25, 2021, 10:58:17 PM »

AMAC
ACAB
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #1185 on: September 25, 2021, 11:03:39 PM »
are you literally getting psychological counseling to help you deal with the trauma from moderating?

To be fair, Finale Fireworker literally did.
Here's the thing, we can't know for sure what any of these people are saying is true and what is LARPing for praise. They say "abuse" and "harassment" for annoying and criticism. They talk about "trauma" when they have complete control over the situation.

They make claims as to "endless abuse" from Media Create thread posters but then post as an example a PM from a burner account that has never posted that I can tell. And for that reason I am going to go a different direction from other posters earlier.

There simply is no reason to accept their narrative and believe any of this is happening. I had been a moderator and admin for probably close to fifteen years or so (all things together) including at a semi-prominent site that got listed in video game credits during the pre-2010 internet. (I say this not to brag but to point out the size of the website and its associated forums.) There were annoying messages and some of it briefly approached "harassment" that was doubly annoying. (One time banned a guy for making death threats over basketball threads, he proceeded to e-mail me for a couple weeks straight about all the ways he was going to find me and rape and murder me in real life, including that he had my address. I convinced him to confirm it with me so it would be a "fair fight", it was for a real estate broker in London who had my first name and last name as their first name and middle name. I called him gay for wanting to rape me and he e-mailed for another couple weeks before stopping.) Other staff members had other annoying situations but the closest to real harassment was someone e-mailing them regularly at their job to demand a mod get released quicker.

So I'm sure they get annoying crap, I know they get annoying reports because they have it open to everyone, I know they get annoying PMs because they have annoying users. But I am entirely incredulous as to them receiving harassment and abuse, especially on the regular. We have evidence, hard evidence from this last week that they consider it "harassment" to say an admin should not be an admin to a non-member on Twitter. Whenever they have shown evidence of this abuse and harassment they supposedly get it has always been nothing. In all my years, me and the staff never had issues with sharing what we got publicly if only for others to laugh at the absurdity of it. (Except in the case of the guy getting stuff at his job.) When ResetERA.com staff share these messages, in deceitful ways, it frankly looks made up.

Reading this thread here is not abuse or harassment. Even when people insult Nepenthe for being short or getting scammed by her stepfather or enjoying the story in Need for Speed. Reading the Kiwi Farms equivalent thread is not abuse or harassment even though they use the n-word and f-word regularly and write extremely bigoted diatribes against the staff/members. Both of those things are entirely avoidable by simply not doing it. There is no need to "keep up" on these threads because there is no legitimate threat originating from them. Same with Twitter accounts. Same with reddit or Facebook or anywhere else they feel the need to stalk their forum members. There literally is no need for them to follow their members off board, especially when they have constructed their rules in such a way that they can ban anyone, for any reason, for any length, at any time. Let alone dox and harass them as Hecht has confirmed to have done.

If, and I tentatively agree it is likely, Nepenthe gets the most criticism and annoying messages it is probably simply due to her aggressive behavior. This is how she stands out from the other mods. Not being black, not being a woman, not being "non-binary" (a recent addition), not even being a furry probably. But unlike the other mods she is aggressive in her language, her posture and her procedures. She's also incredibly self-centered at all times. Remember when we were all rioting to #SaveKetkat? Nepenthe pushed aside all the issues TransEra had (legitimate or not) to write multiple lengthy LiveJournals about how bad she felt and how much she was suffering from the mods in general, and Royalan in specific, being criticized by a marginalized group. Based on the staff's own accounting of their "summits" she did similar things in those. In the recent case of the Media Create thread it was her who came bounding into the thread to criticize the prominent members, announce new thread-specific rules (without actually stating what they were), ban multiple members and then unilaterally close the thread until she felt like unlocking it. Then she claimed none of this was true and the incompetence was actually caused by everyone else on staff and she was just the messenger. And this is an actually regular thing that happens unlike the supposed abuse and harassment.

Many of the people we spoke to described ResetEra as an opportunity to redefine what moderation culture looks like from the ground up. Without worrying about Malka’s presence and reputation, they would be able to set their own rules and guidelines, operating under the internal rules they agreed upon in the earliest of planning stages. Big industry names, including Emily Rogers, Nibellion and Shinobi602 all joined ResetEra with hopes of building a bigger and better forum for the community to thrive in — one that wouldn’t be associated with NeoGAF.

Shinobi602, a known member who stepped back from NeoGAF in March, told Polygon that, for the most part, ResetEra’s moderation and administrative sides will be full of new faces, alongside those notable to longtime followers.

“We see this as a fresh start and an opportunity to build our own moderation culture and aren't really looking for comparisons,” Shinobi602 said. “We hope to be genuinely fair minded, reasonable and transparent. We really want to shape a positive community for everyone.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #1186 on: September 25, 2021, 11:21:05 PM »
The NBA and thus basketball continues to be my least favorite sport. Shit like this certainly doesn't help make it any more popular!

I give this post a 50% chance of being actioned for racism.

BIONIC

« Reply #1187 on: September 25, 2021, 11:23:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-you-blocked-by-kamiya-on-twitter.491041/page-3#post-74108832

Quote from: TheBlackSwordman, post: 74108832, member: 57363
He just blocked me for saying that I believe Bayonetta doesn't need fanservice since people love her because of her charismatic and confident personality, not just because she gets naked.

:kobeyuck
Margs

BisMarckie

« Reply #1188 on: September 26, 2021, 12:11:43 AM »
Some of my likes disappeared when people here got their accounts nuked.

I am traumatized.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1189 on: September 26, 2021, 12:45:48 AM »
Some of my likes disappeared when people here got their accounts nuked.

I am traumatized.
Who nukes their account on thebore?
 :larry
Spud

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #1190 on: September 26, 2021, 01:43:20 AM »
Riotous :neogaf

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #1191 on: September 26, 2021, 02:14:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/til-about-soaking-or-mormon-soak-and-im-out-of-words.491739/page-2#post-74109948

User Banned (Duration Pending Admin review): Ideation of violence against a specific group; Prior ban for homophobia
Quote from: AkuMifune
For the sake of constructive criticism, (let's be the change we always preach about). So if we now ALL AGREE Mormonism is a dumb cult that needs to be dismantled, how do we accomplish this? Venereal bomb? Mass Violence? I'm open to suggestions.
OBE

Potato

• Senior's Member
Spud

Boredfrom

« Reply #1193 on: September 26, 2021, 03:26:39 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/til-about-soaking-or-mormon-soak-and-im-out-of-words.491739/page-2#post-74109948

User Banned (Duration Pending Admin review): Ideation of violence against a specific group; Prior ban for homophobia
Quote from: AkuMifune
For the sake of constructive criticism, (let's be the change we always preach about). So if we now ALL AGREE Mormonism is a dumb cult that needs to be dismantled, how do we accomplish this? Venereal bomb? Mass Violence? I'm open to suggestions.

Oh, the edge.

benjipwns

« Reply #1194 on: September 26, 2021, 04:10:30 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-pretty-baffled-by-how-mainstream-astrology-etc-has-become.491449/
Half of the white girls I know think they are witches and post about leaving crystals or whatever to recharge. Shit is weird.
I feel like astrology has become especially prominent in the LGBTQ community and I don't get it.
My least favorite thing on the internet is someone on a hobby forum complaining about other people being into something they're unfamiliar with
These threads always feel spiteful. Not sure why they don't get locked immediately.
The anti-astrology crowd always feels so spiteful and misogynistic. Just let people enjoy what they want. This is just the latest chapter in “everything girls and young women are into is stupid and bad”. Like men enthusiastically discussing video games on the internet is just a hobby, but a woman reading her horoscope is a personality defect.
Bunch of gamer bros having a hateful circlejerk for something that is very commonly associated with women and queer people.
Gee, I wonder why that would be bothersome!
There's a lot of truth to this.

Being critical of astrology is not in itself misogynistic, but you also can't divorce the criticism from the history of society devaluing things that are notably popular with women. Astrology definitely falls into that camp sometimes, and often the irony can be overwhelming.

Like, categorizing personality traits into fictional camps based on things like birth days and star charts...where have I seen that before...on this video game/nerd culture message board...
I’m sorry you have to deal with that, and I can see how being an Astronemer you would get that and it’s a bummer. On the other hand if you want to label it harmful I guess we have to label any belief harmful and I don’t think that is the best course of action for the world to take personally.

Also if we are going with anecdotal experience, (and let me make this clear I do not believe astrology is real, and even within my dalliances with spirituality, magick, theology, and other esoteric matters I have always felt it was bunk) as a trans person I have never had an astrology person, even the judgmental true believers, try to invalidate my existence, while there are many “science” people, including academics (especially in the terf arena) that do try to invalidate me. Hell even though medical science says trans people are real and transition is the best treatment, there are actual MD’s that will use “science and logic” to try to invalidate people like me and at best call us crazy but usually to “prove” we are perverts and fetishists that are dangerous.

Somehow I don’t think pseudoscience is the only or even most prominent thing to worry about, especially when bigotry and Facism are involved.
and there's moderators and administrators in the thread hating on this belief system of marginalized people rather than locking the thread :fbm

SmokyDave

« Reply #1195 on: September 26, 2021, 04:44:04 AM »
Girlfriends reviews is back on the menu boys!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-deathloop-really-a-masterpiece-girlfriend-reviews.491625/page-3
Tomi Lahren?

Benedict Cumberpatch?

Oh wait, they were different.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1196 on: September 26, 2021, 04:44:41 AM »
If you're into astrology (and all related aural energy crap, tarots, etc) you're either just toying around, playing pretend, kind of like Wrestling... or you're straight up one of those dangerous loons who think they can cure cancer with crystals.

Former is fine, as long as we all know where we stand.
Latter should be mocked into obscurity, like every other pseudo-science.

Also attaching Astrology to womanhood is not really a good look in itself.
Unless you're actively trying to suggest women are irrational simpletons.  :doge

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1197 on: September 26, 2021, 05:02:24 AM »
Wait, Cindi was right?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1198 on: September 26, 2021, 05:53:58 AM »
If you're into astrology (and all related aural energy crap, tarots, etc) you're either just toying around, playing pretend, kind of like Wrestling... or you're straight up one of those dangerous loons who think they can cure cancer with crystals.

Former is fine, as long as we all know where we stand.
Latter should be mocked into obscurity, like every other pseudo-science.

Also attaching Astrology to womanhood is not really a good look in itself.
Unless you're actively trying to suggest women are irrational simpletons:doge
:kermit
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #1199 on: September 26, 2021, 05:57:32 AM »
Witches is a white girl thing?