Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1822542 times)

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #2700 on: October 11, 2021, 02:40:15 AM »
Yeah, MCU is gonna change that origin, an holocaust survivor that at the course of time becomes the thing he hates the most is.....too attuned to the currect political climate.

The US government would put sanctions on Disney if they did that in the MCU.
Hell, if anyone wrote that character on this forum they’d get banned.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-far-do-you-take-magneto-before-it%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Ctoo-far%E2%80%9D.498243/#post-75012450

???

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #2701 on: October 11, 2021, 03:06:26 AM »
Look at these triggered verafled users:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-ubisoft-even-paying-people-to-write-these-games-anymore-far-cry-6-spoilers.498231/
Quote from: May, Verified
That title screams "how to say lazy devs without actually spelling it out"
Quote from: Claven, Game Localization, Verified
Not sure why you're singling out FC6 in particular when this really isn't a noticeable deviation from gaming industry standards when it comes to story.

benjipwns

« Reply #2702 on: October 11, 2021, 03:56:37 AM »
Mods need to lock this thread and go through it with a buzzsaw on all the alt-right trash saying chicken wings:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/which-would-you-rather-have-a-good-steak-or-good-chicken-wings.497505/

« Reply #2703 on: October 11, 2021, 04:09:36 AM »
Yeah, MCU is gonna change that origin, an holocaust survivor that at the course of time becomes the thing he hates the most is.....too attuned to the currect political climate.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-far-do-you-take-magneto-before-it%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Ctoo-far%E2%80%9D.498243/#post-75012450

???

only on this forum does a wikipedia list of genocides by death count appear in a thread about a comic book villain

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #2704 on: October 11, 2021, 04:16:09 AM »
Mods: "How did we get to a place that we have to lock threads due to mass reporting, Was it us? No, it's the posters who are wrong."

:skinner

Snoopycat_

« Reply #2705 on: October 11, 2021, 04:58:31 AM »
idk about anyone else but im very bored of the dave chappelle discourse now :trumps
new lore dropped:
https://twitter.com/staceyoristano/status/1446934150066413570

:lol  There's no quicker way to destroy your credibility than to claim Rich Vos protected you.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2706 on: October 11, 2021, 05:04:46 AM »
The bottom feeders sense a cancelling frenzy and want in on ground level.
Spud

Snoopycat_

« Reply #2707 on: October 11, 2021, 05:45:56 AM »
Maybe Vos was the real Batman all along

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2708 on: October 11, 2021, 06:17:58 AM »
https://twitter.com/SableTempo/status/1447038294429155333

cancel culture doesn't exist so hard that anyone unironically talking about "canceling" is from the alt-right trying to make it look like the left cancels people

right  ???
Uncle

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2709 on: October 11, 2021, 06:52:16 AM »
"spoilers" if you're a dumbass, but I'm not spoiling any of this:
One non-suggestive image locked behind achieving every ending is definitely a lot better than all of the images that were in Fusion and Zero Mission... especially the one where she's doing the boobs-and-butt pose while also appearing to be guiding an invisible penis into her.

I hate when they don't even understand their own concepts. Standing in profile is not a boob and butt pose you idiot
Turning hips and torso in opposite directions is one of the basis of "contrapposto", a way to create visual tension and dynamism from 360° when looking at a figure (statue).
Michelangelo was doing this shit 500 years ago.
Not that that Samus image is even doing that, since she's just turning her head.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 07:05:22 AM by Don Rumata »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2710 on: October 11, 2021, 08:08:50 AM »
What even is a famous "trans joke"?

Even the famous "I identify as an attack helicopter" isn't a joke about trans people, it's a joke about the argument that you can be anything you want as long as you publicly state you identify as it hard enough.

I assume its like homeopathy, where a couple of jokes in an hour long set make the entire routine an attack on trans people; the less direct references you have, the more potent the attack.
You'll have to ask Sapphicine about how the totally legitimate Natural Sciences like that work though

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2711 on: October 11, 2021, 08:13:47 AM »

???

A thread about how unrealistic it is that (a fictional character) of jewish background would become an oppressor themself is on the same forum as the stickied Palestinian Ethnic cleansing thread, yes?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2712 on: October 11, 2021, 09:01:01 AM »
One non-suggestive image locked behind achieving every ending is definitely a lot better than all of the images that were in Fusion and Zero Mission... especially the one where she's doing the boobs-and-butt pose while also appearing to be guiding an invisible penis into her.

I hate when they don't even understand their own concepts. Standing in profile is not a boob and butt pose you idiot
Turning hips and torso in opposite directions is one of the basis of "contrapposto", a way to create visual tension and dynamism from 360° when looking at a figure (statue).
Not that that Samus image is even doing that, since she's just turning her head.

But what about the ghost penis?
©@©™

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #2713 on: October 11, 2021, 09:58:00 AM »

I didn't realise the teenage mutant ninja turtles were that old :rodney
(ice)

SmokyDave

« Reply #2714 on: October 11, 2021, 09:59:55 AM »
Don’a tello no more jokes.

(Man, that was poor, and probably racist. Go me!)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2715 on: October 11, 2021, 10:21:18 AM »
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #2716 on: October 11, 2021, 10:23:51 AM »

But what about the ghost penis?

It's the same shit as with those sexist Rorschachtests. Every image just another penis

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #2717 on: October 11, 2021, 10:44:31 AM »
Donatello does machines (That's a fact, jack!) Raphael is cool but rude

BikeJesus

« Reply #2718 on: October 11, 2021, 10:45:07 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/peta-wants-far-cry-6-to-remove-its-cockfighting-mini-game.498189/post-75008970

what the fuck, how is that in a game? I thought it was gonna by like two npc cocks fighting in the background or something, not a fall blown mini fighting game.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #2719 on: October 11, 2021, 10:55:10 AM »
Thread has been locked while we review a large number of reports. This may take an extended period of time. Should we decide to reopen this thread or give any other updates this post will be edited with the additional information. Thank you for your patience.

Update: The thread has not been generating good discussion and that seems unlikely to change, and so it will remain locked.

I bet they have a spread sheet, and the deputy mods are tasked with marking which posts are which, and if the ratio is too much they just close threads.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #2721 on: October 11, 2021, 11:21:27 AM »
Probably the same shit Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Christina Aguilera, Timberlake etc. all did. It’s a proven successful model.

1. break out as a solo artist using black culture as a tool.
2. Become mad popular and take credit for starting long established trends.
3. Get angry when black people call you out.
4. A few years later, apologize by saying you were young and dumb (this apology is for the white community not the black community).
5. Be forgiven by the (white) media as they continue to attack all the PoC that tagged along with you.
6. Spend the rest of your days making duppy guitar music and constantly headline main events.

Could be her. Might not. I’m just at the point where I don’t care enough to get worked up anymore.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jesy-nelson-accused-of-blackfishing-in-new-boyz-music-video.498396/#post-75033567

:dolezal

Dolezitis

Slayven:

Will horse paste cure that

:cac

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2722 on: October 11, 2021, 11:33:30 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jesy-nelson-accused-of-blackfishing-in-new-boyz-music-video.498396/#post-75033567

TIL chav chic - big hair, press on nails, fake tan, bee stung lips - which has been a thing in the UK since at least the 80s, and particularly big in Essex and Liverpool is ackshually an american black thing.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #2723 on: October 11, 2021, 11:39:54 AM »
tbf she does black it up a bit :trumps
(ice)

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2724 on: October 11, 2021, 11:46:08 AM »
so does filler
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #2725 on: October 11, 2021, 11:46:14 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/slow-moving-coup-anyone-else-kinda-worried-about-this.498258/
The problem is we have to watch 8 minutes and 31 seconds of Bill Maher to properly respond.
it's bill maher.
I'll watch it if someone will reupload it to Vimeo so I don't give that dude a click.
Quote from: RedMercury
I guarantee the piece of shit Bill Maher is not the only one with this opinion, that there are actually decent people making the same points, no reason to platform Bill Maher.
Yep. So---fuck that. And as always---fuck Bill Maher.
I will never watch a Bill Maher video.
Bill Mahar is a known racist piece of shit. She, and everyone else has a right to dismiss a video of his without watching it. Don’t care if he somehow has a point when he’s been wrong so many other times.
It's Bill Maher, that racist pos. Not giving him clicks.
fuck Bill Maher.
I don't need Bill Maher to tell me about it.
Quote from: Messofanego
I didn't make this thread because I respect Maher or anything. This is the first I've heard of what he's saying and I wanted to have a discussion about that with people who hopefully know more than me about these matters.
Then you can take him out of the OP and discuss the points brought up otherwise the thread is going to be about him and his awfulness.
Or you know, you guys could discuss the points brought up instead of whining about the messenger you refuse to listen to anyway.

Weren't the staff recently banning people for refusing to engage with the OP/topic in another thread? :hmm

Also:
The Republican party has been infiltrating state governments to swing federal elections for over 20 years.
And not only that, but doing it through public elections!

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2726 on: October 11, 2021, 11:48:23 AM »
The problem is we have to watch 8 minutes and 31 seconds of Bill Maher to properly respond.

Turns out, you don't.  :jawalrus
©@©™

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2727 on: October 11, 2021, 11:54:17 AM »
They could watch it forever and still not properly respond.

benjipwns

« Reply #2728 on: October 11, 2021, 11:54:41 AM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2729 on: October 11, 2021, 11:56:31 AM »
As a refresher, is the It Is Known about Bill Maher being racist because the man who made a documentary about all religions being for morons is critical of Islam, or was there another reason that It Is Known and therefore doesn't need elaboration?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2730 on: October 11, 2021, 11:58:58 AM »
tbf she does black it up a bit :trumps

She looks like 90% of club girls in Liverpool, and just like 90% of clubgirls in Liverpool, the illusion is immediately ruined on hearing her speak :idont

Propagandhim

« Reply #2731 on: October 11, 2021, 12:00:15 PM »
no reason to platform Bill Maher.

:lol

benjipwns

« Reply #2732 on: October 11, 2021, 12:02:24 PM »
was there another reason that It Is Known and therefore doesn't need elaboration?
There's like twenty reasons. Though I shouldn't have to do your research for you. Donate to my Patreon and we'll see.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2733 on: October 11, 2021, 12:26:31 PM »
Era is right in this case, there is no reason to platform Bill Maher

« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 12:45:22 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Propagandhim

« Reply #2734 on: October 11, 2021, 12:31:57 PM »
13 minutes ago
We're dealing with one of the two major political parties in this country turning into overt fascism and they're laying the groundwork to make it unstoppable.

I've been taking steps in my personal life to prepare for this. I know how to use a gun well. I'm involved in plenty of mutual aid groups. I'm a queer person with leftist sympathies. A lot of these people want me and my friends dead.

Expecting the system to save you from what's coming is suicide. Leftists need to be more proactive. Liberals need to get their shit in gear and stop with the naive faith that everything will work out and everyone will be smart and nice and play by the rules.

Wasn't the argument always that gun owners arming  against a fascist government is a nonstarter and completely fruitless because of their superior firepower?  Funny how that evaporates when the shoe is on the other foot.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 12:36:07 PM by Propagandhim »

Switters

« Reply #2735 on: October 11, 2021, 12:38:43 PM »
Bill had a long term relationship with "Supahead". He's the opposite of racist.

also, James is fat. LOL.
troll

benjipwns

« Reply #2736 on: October 11, 2021, 12:44:27 PM »
Wasn't the argument always that gun owners arming  against a fascist government is a nonstarter and completely fruitless because of their superior firepower?  Funny how that evaporates when the shoe is on the other foot.
The difference is that those people are on the wrong side of history.

SmokyDave

« Reply #2737 on: October 11, 2021, 01:02:51 PM »

TIL chav chic - big hair, press on nails, fake tan, bee stung lips - which has been a thing in the UK since at least the 80s, and particularly big in Essex and Liverpool is ackshually an american black thing.
Black Americans can claim creatorship over a lot of things. Black Americans being presented by patronising white Americans get to claim EVERYTHING.

benjipwns

« Reply #2738 on: October 11, 2021, 01:35:35 PM »
Seeing the electoral college system as a German just makes my skin crawl and it needs to be abolished (which won't happen as Republicans likely would not win ever again). It allows all the fuckery with not wanting to certify the results etc. to happen in first place and in general it's so stupid that in theory your vote is non-binding for the EC (though I am not quite sure on that one).
Sorta baffled by this post. Neither the German Chancellor nor the German President are directly elected. In fact, half of the body that elects the German President are essentially the same thing as American Presidential electors as they're elected by the state legislatures solely for the purpose of electing a President.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #2739 on: October 11, 2021, 01:46:07 PM »
What exactly needs to happen to change this to Indigenous People's day? Can't the Biden admin just make it so, or do 'national holiday' additions/changes have to get voted on by Congress and/or senate?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/happy-indigenous-peoples-day-christopher-columbus-was-a-piece-of-shit.498444/#post-75042909
 :doge

BisMarckie

« Reply #2740 on: October 11, 2021, 02:02:34 PM »
Seeing the electoral college system as a German just makes my skin crawl and it needs to be abolished (which won't happen as Republicans likely would not win ever again). It allows all the fuckery with not wanting to certify the results etc. to happen in first place and in general it's so stupid that in theory your vote is non-binding for the EC (though I am not quite sure on that one).
Sorta baffled by this post. Neither the German Chancellor nor the German President are directly elected. In fact, half of the body that elects the German President are essentially the same thing as American Presidential electors as they're elected by the state legislatures solely for the purpose of electing a President.

Back in the day the German president was directly elected and that never caused any problems at all. :hitler

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2741 on: October 11, 2021, 02:12:21 PM »

Yeah, but they don't have Republicans in Germany.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2742 on: October 11, 2021, 02:14:59 PM »
You read it wrong, as a real German he thinks elections should be abolished all together
🤴

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #2743 on: October 11, 2021, 02:26:35 PM »
I’ve got a platform for bill maher :teehee

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Its a gallows obv
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #2744 on: October 11, 2021, 03:32:12 PM »
He supported Trump for president over Clinton. Wasn’t that telling enough for y’all?
Waited too long to drop this one buddy :ufup

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #2745 on: October 11, 2021, 04:08:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/netflix-celebrates-national-coming-out-day-by-releasing-statement-defending-dave-chappelle-suspend-trans-employee-who-spoke-out-against-the-special.498534/

On this day of all days???

Oh and Netflix's social media platform to promote it's LGBTQ content hasn't tweeted in four days.

OH MY GOD!!!

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2746 on: October 11, 2021, 04:09:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/this-was-sold-as-pizza.498519/

No threads on tweets!

:teehee

https://www.resetera.com/threads/netflix-celebrates-national-coming-out-day-by-releasing-statement-defending-dave-chappelle-suspend-trans-employee-who-spoke-out-against-the-special.498534/

Oh and Netflix's social media platform to promote it's LGBTQ content hasn't tweeted in four days.

OH MY GOD!!!

They tweeted like five minutes after that thread went up.

:rofl
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 04:13:52 PM by Cauliflower Of Love »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #2748 on: October 11, 2021, 04:28:56 PM »
He supported Trump for president over Clinton. Wasn’t that telling enough for y’all?
Waited too long to drop this one buddy :ufup

I thought he voted for Clinton but regretted it  :huh that's what Resetera.com said.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2749 on: October 11, 2021, 04:31:59 PM »
He did, era's is having a mandela effect about chappelle, because it happened so close to the results.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #2751 on: October 11, 2021, 04:40:45 PM »

OH MY GOD!!!

Such a shitty company. I cancelled my sub after they removed a patriot act episode critical of Saudi. People should consider it for this or at the very least borrowing a family members access if you want to keep watching.

But fuck Netflix!

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #2752 on: October 11, 2021, 05:10:42 PM »
shits been out a week, i'd have thought they'd have gone through another 6 outrages by now :doge

i don't remember a single scandalous event lasting this long on ree
(ice)

ShutUp

« Reply #2753 on: October 11, 2021, 05:28:55 PM »

OH MY GOD!!!

Such a shitty company. I cancelled my sub after they removed a patriot act episode critical of Saudi. People should consider it for this or at the very least borrowing a family members access if you want to keep watching.

But fuck Netflix!

These people are just so fucking stupid. Slacktivism is all their lazy asses know.

ShutUp

« Reply #2754 on: October 11, 2021, 05:29:45 PM »
shits been out a week, i'd have thought they'd have gone through another 6 outrages by now :doge

i don't remember a single scandalous event lasting this long on ree

It’s because Dave doesn’t give an ounce of a fuck about what people on the Internet are saying and they know it.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #2755 on: October 11, 2021, 05:33:18 PM »
The tweet thread went viral, quickly spiraling into a conversation about free speech and cancel culture. Netflix then suspended Field along with two other employees for trying to attend a director-level meeting they weren’t invited to. Another trans employee is quitting the company over how the special — and Field’s comments — were handled.

Truly transphobic of Netflix to suspend someone after they stormed a director level meeting

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2756 on: October 11, 2021, 05:47:53 PM »
I hope the corpo's and alphabet people eat eachother in lawsuits and the cheap ass pandering and cringe virtue signaling finally ends.  :trumps

Dave is probably enjoying that a bunch of white people are fighting over all this. "The Closer - For Norm" well played Dave, well played :mynicca
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #2757 on: October 11, 2021, 05:49:36 PM »
Transphobic attitudes statistically correlate to a disproportionate amount of trans peoples dying; either from suicide and/or constant neglect/abuse from the unsupportive environments they live in.
Sometimes I wonder if they actually do truly believe this or if they just desperately wish it to be true.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2758 on: October 11, 2021, 05:50:33 PM »
13 minutes ago
We're dealing with one of the two major political parties in this country turning into overt fascism and they're laying the groundwork to make it unstoppable.

I've been taking steps in my personal life to prepare for this. I know how to use a gun well. I'm involved in plenty of mutual aid groups. I'm a queer person with leftist sympathies. A lot of these people want me and my friends dead.

Expecting the system to save you from what's coming is suicide. Leftists need to be more proactive. Liberals need to get their shit in gear and stop with the naive faith that everything will work out and everyone will be smart and nice and play by the rules.

Genuine psychopaths.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #2759 on: October 11, 2021, 05:55:27 PM »
Hopefully the fired employee at the very least gets a large settlement.
Not to nit pick, but the title is incorrect. According to the article, the employee was suspended for some BS about attending a meeting, they were not fired.
Firing? It says suspended in the article.

Not to defend the suspension, but that's a pretty big fact to miss.
She wasn't fired for the Twitter thread - let's not spread misinformation.
Quote from: The Adder
There are. The problem is that there's always an excuse they keep in their back pocket for these occasions. "We're not firing you as retaliation, we're firing you because you were 15 minutes late with no call three months ago."
lol @ all the people in here like "ah, netflix say she was fired for unrelated reasons. guess there's nothing to see here then!"
Quote from: stupei
Could anyone with the link have just shown up or did "security" explicitly let them in just to fire them for it?
A company will literally NEVER state to the press "yeah we fucking fired their asses because they spoke out against us"
So yeah, im sure they did crash a meeting and got fired as a result
Sure
Yeah, as if they would straight up say they fired her for the Twitter thread critical of them.
damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead