Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1828026 times)

NekoFever

Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #37860 on: January 22, 2023, 04:32:12 AM »
fuck, I grew up a few cities away so this feels pretty close to home

Wow stay safe

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37861 on: January 22, 2023, 04:44:23 AM »
Quote from: Kyuuji
The company I work for removed all mention of Harry Potter from team building exercises and internal presentation packs because they're aware of the association it brings. That meant something to me, and the few other gender diverse people working here. I don't think asking people who are allies to avoid playing the Harry Potter game is a step too far, and I don't think perpetually tip-toeing around people's feelings when it comes to showing that is something a minority should constantly have to do. Acting like expressing some level of judgement for people continuing to fawn over the IP is some catastrophic cannon-shot to their soul is tiring. It's putting more weight on the feelings of people wanting to play a game guilt-free than those who have to see others fawn over an IP directly tied to the push for the removal of our rights and ability to safely live as ourselves, and it isn't by accident that that's how it often shakes out.

Kuntuji in a nutshell in their own words:
"I don't see why I should be expected to tolerate others, when everyone else should go out of their way to accomodate me and my feelings"

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #37862 on: January 22, 2023, 06:15:09 AM »
Quote from: Kyuuji
The company I work for removed all mention of Harry Potter from team building exercises and internal presentation packs because they're aware of the association it brings. That meant something to me, and the few other gender diverse people working here. I don't think asking people who are allies to avoid playing the Harry Potter game is a step too far, and I don't think perpetually tip-toeing around people's feelings when it comes to showing that is something a minority should constantly have to do. Acting like expressing some level of judgement for people continuing to fawn over the IP is some catastrophic cannon-shot to their soul is tiring. It's putting more weight on the feelings of people wanting to play a game guilt-free than those who have to see others fawn over an IP directly tied to the push for the removal of our rights and ability to safely live as ourselves, and it isn't by accident that that's how it often shakes out.

Kuntuji in a nutshell in their own words:
"I don't see why I should be expected to tolerate others, when everyone else should go out of their way to accomodate me and my feelings"

Anything else is genocide.

I'm not kidding, that's their argument of the transgender genocide. Accommodate me and don't say anything bad about me (whether about my gender or not) or I might feel bad and I might hurt myself. Then you'll be to blame.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #37863 on: January 22, 2023, 08:01:28 AM »
The anti wokes are mad at Pink Floyd because of the rainbow colours on DSOTM

in unveiling a new logo to mark the iconic album's 50th anniversary celebrations, the prog rock legends seem to have unwittingly found themselves immersed in the latest 'culture wars' debate.

"Lose the rainbow, you’re making yourself look stupid!" writes one commenter... and it gets worse...

"Sad to see a band that was once great has gone full WOKE!!!." writes another fan. "I loved your music before, NOT LISTENING NOW!"

A third commentator states: "No librul [sic] agenda for me today. Thanks, Pink. Fan for 63 years and never listening again. I miss when the songs were about cats and gnomes! Bring back syd, hed never stand for this left wing nonsense."

Another confused fan asks, "What is the connection between pink Floyd master piece & LGBT ??? WTF...."

"Yeah, cuz I always hear Pink Floyd fans saying “I wish Pink Floyd was more gay”." tuts another upset follower.

"From this moment I don’t listen to this band" an ex-fan writes.

:derp

https://www.loudersound.com/news/pink-floyd-fans-are-amused-that-the-anti-woke-mob-are-cancelling-the-band-over-the-dark-side-of-the-moon-rainbow

Propagandhim

« Reply #37864 on: January 22, 2023, 10:36:38 AM »

Quote from: PshycoNinja
  When we released Final Fantasy XV I was so proud of the team and game. 
 That is why I make games.
Quote from: benjipwns
Okay, I won't post his info here, not even his public Twitter account with his name and face, because some cops will just delete it but it took me literally two minutes to find everything about this guy. He was a QA Tester on Final Fantasy XV and he's never worked at any position higher than that in the industry.

When we released Final Fantasy XV I was so proud of the team and game. 
why I make games.

"Good work guys.  We did it!"

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37865 on: January 22, 2023, 11:07:22 AM »
Okay, I won't post his info here, not even his public Twitter account with his name and face, because some cops will just delete it but it took me literally two minutes to find everything about this guy. He was a QA Tester on Final Fantasy XV and he's never worked at any position higher than that in the industry.

Given how laughably simple it is to find this info, I'd just like to correct you that it seems as though he was actually promoted to an associate producer, and the game he is currently working on - based on his retweets only being products he's worked / working on and the company name given in his new twitter account - seems to be uhhhhhhh Forspoken, sooooooo not exactly no conflict of interest sat there defending it or claiming to have no involvement

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37866 on: January 22, 2023, 11:19:31 AM »
Your daily reminder that when it comes to the issue, The Guardian stays trash.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jan/21/stoking-a-culture-war-no-nicola-sturgeon-this-is-about-balancing-conflicting-rights

:dunno

Fairly opinion / editorial free piece outlining the actual issues and citing related precedents, with the closest thing to taking a line being "If you're being dishonest about what you are defending you are no better than the right wing you criticise when they do that for 'culture wars'", is "trash" journalism.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #37867 on: January 22, 2023, 11:21:15 AM »
Lol. It's amazing how often B.Dubs ends up looking like an absolute fool

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37868 on: January 22, 2023, 11:26:56 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/youth-pastor-hospital-director-and-a-high-school-football-coach-among-46-men-arrested-in-north-texas-sex-trafficking-cases.678397/

Loudninja clickbaiting and getting the lock because of it, but mysterioiusly just a slap on the wrist warning for, and I quote
inflammatory and inaccurate thread title

thread making privileges remain intact

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #37869 on: January 22, 2023, 11:35:20 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jan/21/stoking-a-culture-war-no-nicola-sturgeon-this-is-about-balancing-conflicting-rights

Fairly opinion / editorial free piece outlining the actual issues and citing related precedents, with the closest thing to taking a line being "If you're being dishonest about what you are defending you are no better than the right wing you criticise when they do that for 'culture wars'", is "trash" journalism.

Can they really not see that always going "Shut the fuck up, woman!" isn't the best response when women voice concerns? Like it or not, this does involve cis women too.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37870 on: January 22, 2023, 11:36:18 AM »
Windows really needs to have a easy to use containerization system for applications.

The fact that any application you run has full access to all your files is crazy.

:wut

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37871 on: January 22, 2023, 11:53:56 AM »

Can they really not see that always going "Shut the fuck up, woman!" isn't the best response when women voice concerns? Like it or not, this does involve cis women too.

the sad thing is that
a) they're both ultimately fighting for the same thing, which is to just live your life judgement free without a label holding you back
and
b) this was all avoidable, if they'd just gone with a political axiom that didn't jump into someone elses hard fought business, like "Trans lives deserve respect" or whatever.

e: like, their beef with jkr was entirely instigated by always-online assholes in the first place, so now they have a huge influencer who would otherwise have been on their side as an enemy rather than an ally.
Good job, you played yourself.
Same with starting sit with Chapelle.
Same with starting shit with Netflix.
Same with whichever upcoming otherwise sympathetic streamer gets scapegoated and dogpiled for lets playing hogwarts and draws a line in the sand to not back down over.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 12:06:44 PM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #37872 on: January 22, 2023, 12:28:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/youth-pastor-hospital-director-and-a-high-school-football-coach-among-46-men-arrested-in-north-texas-sex-trafficking-cases.678397/

Loudninja clickbaiting and getting the lock because of it, but mysterioiusly just a slap on the wrist warning for, and I quote
inflammatory and inaccurate thread title

thread making privileges remain intact
Loudninja
Yeah agreed read more articles, dont see much else here.So I have the thread lock
Aka he really didn't read the article lol

NekoFever

« Reply #37873 on: January 22, 2023, 01:07:48 PM »

But, like the words bigoted and phobic, it is being rendered impotent by how often it is now used to mean “opinion I disagree with”.

Surely not.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37874 on: January 22, 2023, 01:32:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/criticizing-anime-and-not-being-orientalist.678376/
A lot of us watch anime and we do notice the flaws and critique various aspects but that said I sometimes feel some criticism gets very generalized and has an orientalist view that Japan is some place of moral depravity or something. Recently in a discord server someone was criticizing anime for fanservice and they questioned why and one person responded cuz "Japan Horny" and all and I felt this take was somewhat orientalists. For example when people criticize a scene of Family Guy they wouldn't say "Cuz America is horny" and all that. So on that I feel people need to avoid taking this aspect when doing critiques of the genre

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #37875 on: January 22, 2023, 01:39:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dating-apps-are-testing-500-a-month-subscription-tiers.678202/#post-100026523

:cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Misogynistic rhetoric
Quote from: walkinfast
Quote from: Wrexis
I get the impression it doesn't include anything special but marks you as being in that tier. So the people who see you know you're rich lol.
It's like using those millionaire apps.
Bingo.

Every woman's profile will be "Top tier guys only. No poor (free tier) people, please".
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #37876 on: January 22, 2023, 01:42:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/apparently-square-enix-limited-access-to-forspoken-review-codes.677737/page-8#post-100039447

:cop User Banned (5 days): Hostility towards other users; history of similar infractions
Quote from: Bardeh
Quote from: Zexyen
Great post. It’s frankly insane how much hate I’ve seen from people regarding this game, while other games with much bigger issues just get free passes constantly (CP2077 Transphobia, Persona 5 Homophobia, Etc) but suddenly this game is the game that has everyone up at arms. It’s ridiculous when you consider this is supposed to be the “Calm & Collected” Forum and it’s just full of people waiting to dunk their hot takes in a thread that they have no skin in.

If the game releases and in the OT I’m still seeing this constant bullshit I’m straight up requesting a deactivation. I’m not going to stay in a forum where actually interesting games are shittalked constantly when the game hasn’t even launched for fucks sake.
lmao

BE NICE ABOUT THIS GAME OR I'M LEAVING AND NEVER COMING BACK

youve lost your goddamn mind
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #37877 on: January 22, 2023, 01:44:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/super-mario-bros-3-is-gaming-bliss.677959/page-4#post-100039735

:cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Drive-by, inflammatory comparison. History of similar.
Quote from: blueredandgold
World stans giving off the ‘what about an international day for men, huh?’ vibes in a SMB3 thread again.

The best thing about SMB3 was the fact it seemed to have been superseded/outlasted but it came back with a renewed appreciation. Like a legendary band or album that gets discovered by a new audience for its true quality.

“That’s just the nostalgia talking..” - People who want a White History Month.

:wut
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #37878 on: January 22, 2023, 01:48:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-oldest-nephew-wants-to-be-a-cop-recommend-me-some-acab-media-to-introduce-him-to-so-he-can-see-cops-for-what-they-really-are.676882/page-3#post-99861178

:cop User Banned (1 Month): Dismissive Commentary; History of Trolling
Quote from: n1rvana
so if OP is in the UK that makes your argument way less valid.

most cops here don't even carry a gun. I've lived here for 30+ years and i could count on one hand the amount of times i've seen a police with a gun. i don't live in london so maybe it's different there.

i have had many friends and family in the police. they definitely aren't bastards. yeah you can get assholes but majority of the times i've met a police they've been super cool and friendly.

but i'm white so ignore everything i say, right?
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37879 on: January 22, 2023, 02:14:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/apparently-square-enix-limited-access-to-forspoken-review-codes.677737/page-8#post-100039447

:cop User Banned (5 days): Hostility towards other users; history of similar infractions
Quote from: Bardeh
Quote from: Zexyen
Great post. It’s frankly insane how much hate I’ve seen from people regarding this game, while other games with much bigger issues just get free passes constantly (CP2077 Transphobia, Persona 5 Homophobia, Etc) but suddenly this game is the game that has everyone up at arms. It’s ridiculous when you consider this is supposed to be the “Calm & Collected” Forum and it’s just full of people waiting to dunk their hot takes in a thread that they have no skin in.

If the game releases and in the OT I’m still seeing this constant bullshit I’m straight up requesting a deactivation. I’m not going to stay in a forum where actually interesting games are shittalked constantly when the game hasn’t even launched for fucks sake.
lmao

BE NICE ABOUT THIS GAME OR I'M LEAVING AND NEVER COMING BACK

youve lost your goddamn mind
:sicko

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #37880 on: January 22, 2023, 02:27:39 PM »
fuck, I grew up a few cities away so this feels pretty close to home

Wow stay safe

:snore

Step your game up.

No lie. I was planning on stopping by the Amazon Go store in Torrance on the right side of that video later on this afternoon.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mass-shooting-in-los-angeles-in-monterey-park-area.678358/page-4#post-100068823

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37881 on: January 22, 2023, 02:41:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-oldest-nephew-wants-to-be-a-cop-recommend-me-some-acab-media-to-introduce-him-to-so-he-can-see-cops-for-what-they-really-are.676882/page-3#post-99861178

:cop User Banned (1 Month): Dismissive Commentary; History of Trolling
Quote from: n1rvana
so if OP is in the UK that makes your argument way less valid.

most cops here don't even carry a gun. I've lived here for 30+ years and i could count on one hand the amount of times i've seen a police with a gun. i don't live in london so maybe it's different there.

i have had many friends and family in the police. they definitely aren't bastards. yeah you can get assholes but majority of the times i've met a police they've been super cool and friendly.

but i'm white so ignore everything i say, right?

why do I get the feeling the 13 year old nephew has a more realistic take on being a police officer than most of era  :thinking

Again, ACAB is not solely about how many folks are killed or bullets fired. It’s about a racist corrupt institution that protects white folks, in the US and EU, and capital.

Like, look at this edgelord nonsense. What, predominantly non-white countries don't have police forces:lol
When this dipshit says "protect capital" what he actually means is "stuff people own", and yeah, NO FUCKING SHIT people in general are in favour of other people not stealing their shit  :lol

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #37882 on: January 22, 2023, 02:56:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mass-shooting-in-los-angeles-in-monterey-park-area.678358/post-100069120
According to CNN they are looking for 30-50 year old Asian male as suspect.
Self hate? Hell of a thing

Uh, does he not comprehend that not every mass shooting is racially motivated?

Snoopycat_

« Reply #37883 on: January 22, 2023, 03:11:51 PM »
Every fucking time -

Being the area it took place, it isn't a stretch to believe this was racially motivated, and the anti-Asian sentiment in right-wingers has skyrocketed in the past year for reasons I don't understand.

ofc it's a racially motivated murder rampage, I'm so fucking tired of this shit....

65% in that area are Asian, and according to a tweet I read, it’s like 95% around that specific cross street. I’m not gonna make assumptions till we have more info as that’s backfired before but I mean… we can see where this might be heading.

In this case, the racism and lack of consequences for said racism. Plus the violent rhetoric largely pushed by repubs, an echo chamber media environment reinforcing the violent rhetoric, extremely easy access to killing multipliers in guns, and for good measure, THE RACISM

This was definitely racially motivated and I'm super bummed out there hasn't been much to identify the murderer. I really hope they get caught soon.

Having grown up in the greater SGV area, in my mind, this absolutely was racially motivated

They never learn do they?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mass-shooting-in-los-angeles-in-monterey-park-area.678358/page-3

« Reply #37884 on: January 22, 2023, 03:24:12 PM »
pshyconinja pRoTeCted their twitter lol

too little too late :brain youtube, linkedin instagram and reddit are still up. what i love the most about his reddit is how he shills for ffxv all over the place not telling anyone he was a qa tester for it  :teehee :teehee :teehee

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #37885 on: January 22, 2023, 03:30:36 PM »

Given how laughably simple it is to find this info, I'd just like to correct you that it seems as though he was actually promoted to an associate producer, and the game he is currently working on - based on his retweets only being products he's worked / working on and the company name given in his new twitter account - seems to be uhhhhhhh Forspoken, sooooooo not exactly no conflict of interest sat there defending it or claiming to have no involvement
Oh, you're right, he was promoted to Associate Producer from Senior Tester in September 2022 and I overlooked that. He hasn't worked at Square Enix since 2018 though, he's at some mobile game company I again will not name but is also hilariously easy for anyone to determine from his Twitter profile.

I hadn't looked at his entire profile closely but you know what's maybe the best part of all? He went to Westwood College:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
He lists an award he got for "excellence" in Geometry as a Junior in High School 15 years ago on his LinkedIn. :girlaff
[close]
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 03:38:42 PM by benjipwns »

Boredfrom

« Reply #37886 on: January 22, 2023, 03:37:41 PM »
pshyconinja pRoTeCted their twitter lol

too little too late :brain youtube, linkedin instagram and reddit are still up. what i love the most about his reddit is how he shills for ffxv all over the place not telling anyone he was a qa tester for it  :teehee :teehee :teehee

I kinda fell bad for him but I really don’t know what was he thinking with the shilling and crying because “death threats”. Even if people agreed that the game may get disproportionate hate, feeding that shit is not going to help your game as Volition learn the hard way.

benjipwns

« Reply #37887 on: January 22, 2023, 03:41:59 PM »
I wouldn't feel bad about him, there's nothing wrong with being QA or any of this, but there is something wrong with trying to manipulate people into not allowing criticism of a video game by fabricating things.

He didn't say something like "oh hey, I worked at Square Enix and know people working on this and what you're saying isn't cool" he jumped straight to blackmail. Which works on ResetERA.com because of the damn social media algorithms.

Boredfrom

« Reply #37888 on: January 22, 2023, 03:48:51 PM »
I wouldn't feel bad about him, there's nothing wrong with being QA or any of this, but there is something wrong with trying to manipulate people into not allowing criticism of a video game by fabricating things.

Sounded to me that there was a little of sincerity hidden in his hyperbole. Even absurd shit like printing Reddit positive reviews may be true given others outspoken devs or video game critics (cuffAnthonyBurchcuff).

I sincerely doubt he got death threats outside of hate PM, thought. Well, until this…

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #37889 on: January 22, 2023, 04:39:18 PM »
I can understand that guy’s fear. Just yesterday there was a targeted assassination attempt against another person who worked on Forspoken and publicly posted on neogaf/resetera.

https://twitter.com/garywhitta/status/1616928201414160384

ShutUp

« Reply #37890 on: January 22, 2023, 04:44:16 PM »
Some of the shit directed at Forspoken has definitely gotten a little weird. Looking forward to it myself, didn’t bother with the demo since it apparently throws a lot at you with the mechanics and would rather have it explained from the beginning in the full game.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37891 on: January 22, 2023, 04:53:27 PM »
I can understand that guy’s fear. Just yesterday there was a targeted assassination attempt against another person who worked on Forspoken and publicly posted on neogaf/resetera.

https://twitter.com/garywhitta/status/1616928201414160384
I think out of all the really fucking idiotic things these terminally online lefties do, the rewriting of their own history is up there with the worst of it.

This cunt and his ilk were sucking Musk's cock when it was fashionable, just like they were with the TERF bitch Joanne (TERF bitch). Now it's fashionable to hate him AND the cars he makes for some reason.
Spud

« Reply #37892 on: January 22, 2023, 04:59:11 PM »
Some of the shit directed at Forspoken has definitely gotten a little weird. Looking forward to it myself, didn’t bother with the demo since it apparently throws a lot at you with the mechanics and would rather have it explained from the beginning in the full game.
it looks like a total generic game that cant be criticized because muh women minority character

theres all these game with women player characters because companies want to be woke and get womens money but women dont care about them and its all just men playing it and either jerking off to it or yelling at people for being ''"MISOGYNIST""" if they dont like it

put this next to horizon and i can barely tell a difference, but i only play good games like tetris

benjipwns

« Reply #37893 on: January 22, 2023, 05:01:20 PM »

twitter.com/garywhitta/status/1616928201414160384
I think out of all the really fucking idiotic things these terminally online lefties do, the rewriting of their own history is up there with the worst of it.

This cunt and his ilk were sucking Musk's cock when it was fashionable, just like they were with the TERF bitch Joanne (TERF bitch). Now it's fashionable to hate him AND the cars he makes for some reason.
No, it's great, I love it:
https://twitter.com/ParallaxStella/status/1616943227290128385
https://twitter.com/TravenDunn/status/1616950458777493506
https://twitter.com/xmuskrat/status/1616951740431237120
https://twitter.com/jgal296/status/1616934839726252035
https://twitter.com/ZemkeAlex/status/1616981272450195456
https://twitter.com/PastryKace/status/1616934729210822656
https://twitter.com/alanou/status/1616957654429241346

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #37894 on: January 22, 2023, 05:17:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/right-wing-pink-floyd-%E2%80%9Cfans%E2%80%9D-triggered-by-%E2%80%9Cwoke%E2%80%99%E2%80%9D-rainbow-logo.678484/#post-100072522
Quote from: Dalek
Quote from: Weiss
What do right-wingers even do with their time?
Spend all day looking for the next thing to get upset about.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/right-wing-pink-floyd-%E2%80%9Cfans%E2%80%9D-triggered-by-%E2%80%9Cwoke%E2%80%99%E2%80%9D-rainbow-logo.678484/#post-100072606
Quote from:  Chie Satonaka
This. This is what they do.

They're joyless fleshbags that have no hobbies and their only culture is outrage.

:spiders
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37895 on: January 22, 2023, 05:23:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/special-prosecutor-appointed-to-alec-baldwin-case-is-a-sitting-republican-state-politician-who-went-on-hannity-and-judge-jeanine-to-discuss-the-case.678457/
Incelsiorlef
They're essentially letting a sitting politician use a criminal trial as an early relection campaign rally

This is a farce.

Edited title not clear she's going to be prosecuting the actual trial just yet, but she's currently the face of the prosecution team alongside the DA

benjipwns

« Reply #37896 on: January 22, 2023, 05:32:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/special-prosecutor-appointed-to-alec-baldwin-case-is-a-sitting-republican-state-politician-who-went-on-hannity-and-judge-jeanine-to-discuss-the-case.678457/
Incelsiorlef
They're essentially letting a sitting politician use a criminal trial as an early relection campaign rally

This is a farce.

Edited title not clear she's going to be prosecuting the actual trial just yet, but she's currently the face of the prosecution team alongside the DA
Joy Behar was right after all, this feels deliberate.
So it's revenge for his SNL skits making fun of Trump.
Quote from: B-Dubs
Honestly, Baldwin's lawyers are probably thanking god these guys are so dumb. They can probably get the case thrown out on this bullshit.
Quote from: incelsiorlef
So the DA is all over the map, she approached activists with a proper restorative justice approach to keep them out of jail for toppling a monument that partially celebrated the killings of Indigenous people with a plaque that called them "Savage Indians"

But here she's going on Fox News Jude Jeanine and appointed a then running for State Legislative Office and now sitting elected Republican State Politician who went on Judge Jeanine with the DA and Hannity by herself

Feels like the DA is using Baldwin to show she's not completely soft on crime and get a higher profile
Payback for doing a silly impression of the dear leader. Sounds about Right.
Continuing the long American tradition of showing "impartiality" by only allowing Republicans to investigate democrats, and also only allowing Republicans to investigate Republicans.
Seems like a way to get the case/verdict thrown out? What a dumb way to get "revenge" on a man trumpers dislike because of skits, to make sure that you cannot do anything but fail in the end.
Quote from: Dreams-Visions
sounds like we'll see a dismissal here.
Holy shit these people are stupid. :lol
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 05:39:54 PM by benjipwns »

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #37897 on: January 22, 2023, 05:41:13 PM »
excelsiorlef, if you were an actor and put in this situation, you wouldn't check for yourself? You'd just shrug your shoulders and trust that someone else did their job? Not me.
I am literally an actor by education, I have a performing arts degree, and no I fucking wouldn't be taking prop integrity into my own hands.

I'd be far more likely to make the prop gun less safe, not more.

Also great way to get fired from whatever part.

Absolutely love how you set up following SAG and general set safety protocols as moral failure.

Again there was criminal negligence here, it just wasn't, absent of some radical surprise evidence, from Alec Baldwin

Actor by education  :lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/special-prosecutor-appointed-to-alec-baldwin-case-is-a-sitting-republican-state-politician-who-went-on-hannity-and-judge-jeanine-to-discuss-the-case.678457/page-2#post-100076224

benjipwns

« Reply #37898 on: January 22, 2023, 05:41:31 PM »
"Your honor, you need to throw out these charges (and any potential conviction) that I took classified documents and refused to return them, Joe Biden is a Democrat!" - :trumps

Boredfrom

« Reply #37899 on: January 22, 2023, 06:07:49 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37900 on: January 22, 2023, 06:12:03 PM »
The best part about the Musk haters is that they all pay a monthly $11 tribute to post how much they hate him and drive in his cars.  :doge

B-Dubs’ Legacy (of cowardice)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/concerning-hogwarts-legacy-and-jk-rowling.678517/
lmao
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37901 on: January 22, 2023, 06:21:11 PM »
Every fucking time -

Being the area it took place, it isn't a stretch to believe this was racially motivated, and the anti-Asian sentiment in right-wingers has skyrocketed in the past year for reasons I don't understand.

ofc it's a racially motivated murder rampage, I'm so fucking tired of this shit....

65% in that area are Asian, and according to a tweet I read, it’s like 95% around that specific cross street. I’m not gonna make assumptions till we have more info as that’s backfired before but I mean… we can see where this might be heading.

In this case, the racism and lack of consequences for said racism. Plus the violent rhetoric largely pushed by repubs, an echo chamber media environment reinforcing the violent rhetoric, extremely easy access to killing multipliers in guns, and for good measure, THE RACISM

This was definitely racially motivated and I'm super bummed out there hasn't been much to identify the murderer. I really hope they get caught soon.

Having grown up in the greater SGV area, in my mind, this absolutely was racially motivated

They never learn do they?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mass-shooting-in-los-angeles-in-monterey-park-area.678358/page-3

:iface
🤴

« Reply #37902 on: January 22, 2023, 06:21:43 PM »
End of that B-Dubs post:
As a reminder, we do not allow for advocating or metacommentary on content ban decisions, which are decided by the mod team. Any that we see, whether for or against, will be met with threadbans at a minimum.

Constructive thread starts off with a practical question post which is responded to:
Quote from: vixolus
B-Dubs Thanks for the pinned post re: wizard game in the gaming forum. Just for clarification, you mention there will be no OT and no discussion of the game, but is reference to it in terms of like, sales reports and Steam charts ok if it's just mentioning its title? I just recently mentioned in the XGS OT how, on Steam, a game "The Day Before" is ranked #2 only behind the wizard game. Should I edit out the name or is mentioning it only in passing as part of figures/ranking acceptable? There's no discussion happening regarding the game itself. Thanks.
In passing, in terms of sales, should be ok. But no threads about how it's #1 or whatever.

That said, we reserve the right to change our minds on this at a later date.

And then turns into metacommentary fiesta:
Quote from: RedMercury
Just saw the sticky post, thank you for making that call and doing the right thing. That makes me happy to be a part of this community <3
Just sliding in to say fuck yeah for the total ban on the TERF game.
Quote from: hydrophilic attack
good news about the policy on terf game

I can only assume the threadbans for these three are juuust around the corner.

In the JKR thread, B-Dubs heads off the flood of thanks with this post:
To make it clear:
As a reminder, we do not allow for advocating or metacommentary on content ban decisions, which are decided by the mod team. Any that we see, whether for or against, will be met with threadbans at a minimum.
So leave it at this. Ok? We don't want any "let us have x negative thread" stuff. We aren't doing any threads at all. And that goes for discussing it in here as well.

It would be kind of interesting see how that thread sustains itself long-term if shitting on the HP game is actually acted against. I do half wonder if this aspect is being hammered to try to head off the inevitable name-and-shame of people who get 'caught' playing the game.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37903 on: January 22, 2023, 06:24:28 PM »
The reviews are upon us, it'll be interesting to see if IGN, Kotaku and all follow the example ResetEra has set to stop the trans genocide :salute
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #37904 on: January 22, 2023, 06:38:45 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/concerning-hogwarts-legacy-and-jk-rowling.678517/
After continued internal discussion, we began to start outlining the issues put forth by Rowling and the game in question and each time, and as we discussed it all, we kept coming back to the simple fact that Rowling is not only a bigot but is actively pushing, in her position as a wealthy and famous individual, for legislation that will hurt trans people. That she uses the influence and money gained from her success with Harry Potter to push transphobic legislation.
Who the fuck wrote this garbage? I don't mean the content about Joanne, I mean the actual fucking sentences.

Propagandhim

« Reply #37905 on: January 22, 2023, 06:39:43 PM »
 :lol

Averon

« Reply #37906 on: January 22, 2023, 06:40:31 PM »
Knew they were gonna do a complete ban. Besides being cowards, B-Dubs and company boxed themselves in when they capitulated with Cyberpunk 2077. They couldn't possibly allow HL if it kicks off the global trans genocide everyone there deluded/gaslit themselves into thinking it does.

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #37907 on: January 22, 2023, 06:49:36 PM »
Absolutely nuts how a handful of terminally online incels who couldn’t get laid so they decided they were trans lesbians basically run that entire community.
hey

Boredfrom

« Reply #37908 on: January 22, 2023, 06:50:39 PM »
I imagine a lot of people are starting to smell the blood in the Transexual VS The World conflict outside of Twitter. They are not totally wrong that a lot of more people are starting to have terfy like opinions when a two years ago was unthinkable, but dont connect the dots about losing a lot of good will outside of those places.

Averon

« Reply #37909 on: January 22, 2023, 06:52:44 PM »
Quote from: B-Dumbs
In passing, in terms of sales, should be ok. But no threads about how it's #1 or whatever.

You know that will be enforced the second Kyuuji or one of her hangers-ons gets triggered that someone mentioned how well HL sold and runs to the mods' Discord to bitch and complain. I have no doubt even mentioning how well HL sold in passing will quickly become a bannable offense. :lol

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #37910 on: January 22, 2023, 06:53:41 PM »
Welp. So much for not banning any more games, huh?

:neogaf

What a fucking moron.

Averon

« Reply #37911 on: January 22, 2023, 06:59:37 PM »
Welp. So much for not banning any more games, huh?

:neogaf

What a fucking moron.

Exactly. B-Dubs made it clear that if you scream, cry, engage in hyperbole, and use emotional blackmail, you'll eventually get your way. The trans members on ERA knows that, so they have that entire community under their fingers. More games will get banned.

benjipwns

« Reply #37912 on: January 22, 2023, 07:01:28 PM »
Sure, ActivisionBlizzard's actions regarding sexual harassment actually did lead to a suicide but everybody does that, what's NOT OKAY is Joanne thinking she can speak as a woman without permission or CDPR having a since fired employee that thought he could tweet making fun of games journalists.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37913 on: January 22, 2023, 07:03:05 PM »
excelsiorlef, if you were an actor and put in this situation, you wouldn't check for yourself? You'd just shrug your shoulders and trust that someone else did their job? Not me.
I am literally an actor by education, I have a performing arts degree, and no I fucking wouldn't be taking prop integrity into my own hands.

I'd be far more likely to make the prop gun less safe, not more.

Also great way to get fired from whatever part.

Absolutely love how you set up following SAG and general set safety protocols as moral failure.

Again there was criminal negligence here, it just wasn't, absent of some radical surprise evidence, from Alec Baldwin

Actor by education  :lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/special-prosecutor-appointed-to-alec-baldwin-case-is-a-sitting-republican-state-politician-who-went-on-hannity-and-judge-jeanine-to-discuss-the-case.678457/page-2#post-100076224

She's very good at acting like something she's not...
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37914 on: January 22, 2023, 07:04:48 PM »
The best part about the Musk haters is that they all pay a monthly $11 tribute to post how much they hate him and drive in his cars.  :doge

lmao
The inmates should just set up an "anonymous game" OT
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37915 on: January 22, 2023, 07:08:53 PM »

Rowling is not only a bigot but is actively pushing, in her position as a wealthy and famous individual, for legislation that will hurt trans people. That she uses the influence and money gained from her success with Harry Potter to push transphobic legislation.
I didn't see any of that in HP  :what

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #37916 on: January 22, 2023, 07:09:20 PM »
Just give in to every insane demand, what could possibly go wrong .

Also I've still yet to see where Rowling actually used her money to influence anti-trans politics

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37917 on: January 22, 2023, 07:09:36 PM »
End of that B-Dubs post:

Constructive thread starts off with a practical question post which is responded to:
Quote from: vixolus
B-Dubs Thanks for the pinned post re: wizard game in the gaming forum. Just for clarification, you mention there will be no OT and no discussion of the game, but is reference to it in terms of like, sales reports and Steam charts ok if it's just mentioning its title? I just recently mentioned in the XGS OT how, on Steam, a game "The Day Before" is ranked #2 only behind the wizard game. Should I edit out the name or is mentioning it only in passing as part of figures/ranking acceptable? There's no discussion happening regarding the game itself. Thanks.

And then turns into metacommentary fiesta:
Quote from: RedMercury
Just saw the sticky post, thank you for making that call and doing the right thing. That makes me happy to be a part of this community <3
Just sliding in to say fuck yeah for the total ban on the TERF game.
Quote from: hydrophilic attack
good news about the policy on terf game

I can only assume the threadbans for these three are juuust around the corner.

In the JKR thread, B-Dubs heads off the flood of thanks with this post:
To make it clear:
So leave it at this. Ok? We don't want any "let us have x negative thread" stuff. We aren't doing any threads at all. And that goes for discussing it in here as well.

It would be kind of interesting see how that thread sustains itself long-term if shitting on the HP game is actually acted against. I do half wonder if this aspect is being hammered to try to head off the inevitable name-and-shame of people who get 'caught' playing the game.
It would be glorious if the game turns out to be absolutely terrible and they can't shit all over it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 09:28:33 PM by Potato »
Spud

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #37918 on: January 22, 2023, 07:12:04 PM »
It would be glorious if the game turns out to be absolutely terrible and they can't shit so over it.

No doubt they'll be desperate to talk about how horribly problematic some aspect of this game is.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37919 on: January 22, 2023, 07:12:19 PM »
I imagine a lot of people are starting to smell the blood in the Transexual VS The World conflict outside of Twitter. They are not totally wrong that a lot of more people are starting to have terfy like opinions when a two years ago was unthinkable, but dont connect the dots about losing a lot of good will outside of those places.

🤴