Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1828184 times)

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #39480 on: February 03, 2023, 02:04:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk-athletics-backs-ban-on-trans-women-from-female-competition.683005/#post-100709812

Quote from: methane47
They said a new "open" category would replace the current male category and be open to athletes of all sexes.

I'm ok with this.

3 months for "dismissing concerns"?
You bet your ass he gon get it :nothot
https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk-athletics-backs-ban-on-trans-women-from-female-competition.683005/#post-100710031
Trans women are women and should not be forced to included with men
Also wtf kind of username is that? I never seen a username with the trademark lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39481 on: February 03, 2023, 02:15:59 PM »
Their plan is for trans women to compete with cis men and trans men, something that is obviously and massively unfair.

So close yet so far
🤴

NekoFever

« Reply #39482 on: February 03, 2023, 02:16:28 PM »
deserves it for being stupid enough to post in that thread

I thought the same thing  :lol

There’s a reason why it’s dropped straight off the front page.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #39483 on: February 03, 2023, 02:19:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/please-do-not-force-me-to-parry-or-block-in-your-game.682510/
Have it as a combat option, yes

Make it be the best combat option yes, sure

But to subject me through an entire parry course? (Hi-Fi Rush) Come on!

I've never liked using these options, going way back to playing Kingdom Hearts. I don't know what it is. Blocking is just fundamentally uncool. Parrying is alright, I guess, but I'm too busy dodging and dashing around everywhere to bother. I often forget these options even exist in games t be honest. The only Soulsborne game I've played is Elden Ring and I made it through without blocking or parrying.

I won't do it. I don't want to do it.

What say you? Do you enjoy cowering behind your shields rather than dodging, dashing, and taking ten thousand attempts to down a boss?

Boredfrom

« Reply #39484 on: February 03, 2023, 02:26:32 PM »
Nextlander is not covering the game. On the new planorama podcast they discuss it. They don’t hold back on their view of Rowling.

Oh, Alex, you fucking dumb fuck.

Hope people start asking them “What Rowling actually said?” perpetually.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39485 on: February 03, 2023, 02:27:36 PM »
“I don’t feel safe having a rapist in women’s prison.”
“STFU TERF”

“I don’t feel safe with people playing a Harry Potter game.”
“You poor thing.”

"Nobody is trying to bully anyone over what they choose to buy, just stop rubbing it in our faces if you do"
Also, "Here is a list of everyone implicitly buying that game, and here are that explicit purchasing habits made on another forum. I will update you all with anyone on my friends lists or achievement trackers imminently."

Boredfrom

« Reply #39486 on: February 03, 2023, 02:30:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/famitsu-armored-core-6-combines-elden-ring-experience-with-armored-core.683032/

MOTHERFUCKERS WHY YOU STILL USSING GOOGLE TRANSLATE!!! DONT MAKE A THREAD IF YOU DONT KNOW SHIT!!!

Protected user, so probably not going to get called out.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39487 on: February 03, 2023, 02:34:18 PM »
She just tweeted a couple hours ago that people have started tweeting and commenting what I (as a serial non-reader of the books who's only seen the first two movies) understand to be, like, the ultimate death spell from the Harby Porters at her. Which is just...I mean, I'd consider it the wizard version of a death threat. Just vile behavior from people.

god, yeah, why cant you keep it as light hearted bants, like pictures of guillotines or photos of people standing outside your front door

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39488 on: February 03, 2023, 02:36:16 PM »
I instinctively go "those people are jealous of Jessie for having an actual life."

But the intent behind their shit is disturbing.

I really hope Rowling's thrawls don't force Jessie into doing what Keffals had to do.

Lie about the circumstances of being swatted, fake a death threat, dox the family members of someone you're beefing with, then start a gofundme supposedly for legal costs but then pocket the lot and go on holiday?

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #39489 on: February 03, 2023, 02:38:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/current-square-enix-makes-me-sad.683017/
Looking back at Sqauresoft days, from 1994 to 2002 for example, in just 8 years they released many groundbreaking benchmark games across multiple generations, all got that high quality treatment resulting in many masterpieces and cult classics. they also did not shy from experimenting with some games, they knew their audience very well and respected them.

Final Fantasy VI & Live A Live

Chrono Trigger & Trails of Mana & Secret of Evermore

Radical Dreamers & Super Mario RPG & Tobal No.1

Tobal 2 & Fina Fantasy Tactics & Final Fantasy VII

Xenogears & Parasite Eve & Brave Fencer Musashi

Legend of Mana & Parasite Eve II & Final Fantasy VIII

Chrono Cross & Vagrant Story & Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy X in 2001, Kingdom Hearts & Final Fantasy XI in 2002

I didn't even mention all the games, just in 8 years we got all that, amazing isn't it? from the Super Nintendo to PlayStation 1 and 2 and even an MMO. Benchmark revolutionary games for their own genres.

Now let us compare that Sqaure to Square from 2009 til today..

We wait 5-7 years for 1 or 2 big games, that are mostly controversial.

A disaster that was Final Fantasy XIV 1.00, thank god Yoshida and his team saved it.

Alot of false advertisements and empty promises especially with the Final Fantasy XV project. it is really a shame that we never got the more interesting Final Fantasy Versus XIII/Nomura's XV, in my opinion it had potential to be the best in the series.

Alot of low to mid budget games playing on the nostalgia factor, and some were really bad like Left Alive and The Quiet Man.

Game like Star Ocean 6 not getting the budget it deserves, meanwhile a game like Forspoken that is targeting a very different audience gets it all.

Alot of mobile games that are unhealthy for your wallet, and now we get really terrible stuff like NFTs.

Controversial and bad ports of their best games like FFVI-IX and Chrono Trigger/Cross (Bad Sprites, Blurry backgrounds, weird visual glitches and bad frame rates). And ugly pricings and dlc practices.

. . .

The company lost its focus.. sure there are some highlights here and there, but gap between them is really big, mostly now the company is depending on nostalgia and the brand's name, also an mmo which still running on a PlayStation 3 engine.

If most fans are really okay with all that and feel happy, then more power to them.. to me this is really sad and makes me miss the Hironobu Sakaguchi days..

So what do you think guys? And sorry if i sounded too dramatic ^^; .
:what

Boredfrom

« Reply #39490 on: February 03, 2023, 02:42:08 PM »
I instinctively go "those people are jealous of Jessie for having an actual life."

I really hope Rowling's thrawls don't force Jessie into doing what Keffals had to do.

Lie about the circumstances of being swatted, fake a death threat, dox the family members of someone you're beefing with, then start a gofundme supposedly for legal costs but then pocket the lot and go on holiday?

Also, didn’t Keffals is getting hated by her own community? RE still acts like is the Saint of Transwomen, but it sounds like she is a doing a Brianna Wu and getting everyone to hate her outside of clueless journos and misinformed progressives.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #39491 on: February 03, 2023, 02:51:08 PM »

Also, didn’t Keffals is getting hated by her own community? RE still acts like is the Saint of Transwomen, but it sounds like she is a doing a Brianna Wu and getting everyone to hate her outside of clueless journos and misinformed progressives.

Is there any other kind of progressives? :kermit

thetylerrob

« Reply #39492 on: February 03, 2023, 02:55:26 PM »
Nextlander is not covering the game. On the new planorama podcast they discuss it. They don’t hold back on their view of Rowling.

You're surprised? That whole group has had all independent thought stamped out by Twitter long ago.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #39493 on: February 03, 2023, 02:58:28 PM »

Jessie Gender against JK Rowling? Yeeaaaah, I know whom I’m picking to win that one sided battle.

Propagandhim

« Reply #39494 on: February 03, 2023, 02:58:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/u-s-military-is-tracking-a-suspected-chinese-surveillance-balloon-over-the-u-s.682771/#post-100673995

Quote from:  EVIL
Quote from: mugurumakensei
If it’s few thousand feet above it doesn’t need to be large to do damage
a few thousand? its a high altitude balloon, they sit between 60.000 and 120.000 feet
from that altitude a screw would accelerate to speeds of between 2000 and 2800 feet per second. its the speed of sniper rifle ammunition.

:science

:lol :lol :lol

seems like they still believe one of those urban myths you were told as a kid.     

like those urban myths you were told before Isaac Newton

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #39495 on: February 03, 2023, 03:09:46 PM »

Something I find interesting is how widespread the believe is that Rowling uses her money to finance anti-trans causes/politics and yet when you look for it there is absolutely nothing. So many people who you'd think would know better just repeat the mantra

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #39496 on: February 03, 2023, 03:13:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/extreme-cold-warnings-spread-across-canada-as-arctic-chill-moves-nearly-coast-to-coast.682804/page-2#post-100695694

Quote from: Vex
Bring some of that down here in USA pls.

:iface I don't think you understand exactly how cold some of those temperatures are.
OBE

Boredfrom

« Reply #39497 on: February 03, 2023, 03:14:33 PM »
Because they encouraged to not look deeper. I know the whole group was whipped to think like Twitter, but I tend to blame Alex because he is the most bleeding heart progressive of the bunch (and the one more involved during GG the shitshows).

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #39498 on: February 03, 2023, 03:16:18 PM »
Quote from: Kyuuji
I'm ok with this
Are you a woman?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk-athletics-backs-ban-on-trans-women-from-female-competition.683005/post-100714411

Kyuuji only cares about the opinion of women. Unless they're filthy cis-women who disagree with her of course

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #39499 on: February 03, 2023, 03:16:45 PM »
I like how on the nose Jessie Gender's username is.

Time to start my own youtube career as a racism grifter called Henry Racebait.

Boredfrom

« Reply #39500 on: February 03, 2023, 03:23:23 PM »
Quote from: Angie
Do I need to change the title to the Google translated one from Famitsu?

"Armored Core 6" Interview with Ogura Producer. "It's a new action that combines the know-how gained from 'Elden Ring' etc. with the concept of the AC series."

All I did was simplify it

Great, you are only a dumbass.

Daffy Duck

« Reply #39501 on: February 03, 2023, 03:24:51 PM »

Wait, what?

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #39502 on: February 03, 2023, 03:31:24 PM »
Quote from: Angie
Do I need to change the title to the Google translated one from Famitsu?

"Armored Core 6" Interview with Ogura Producer. "It's a new action that combines the know-how gained from 'Elden Ring' etc. with the concept of the AC series."

All I did was simplify it

Great, you are only a dumbass.
That OP always makes clickbait threads.  Surprised their thread making privileges haven't been revoked

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #39503 on: February 03, 2023, 03:43:16 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #39504 on: February 03, 2023, 03:59:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/disney-explores-the-sale-of-more-films-and-tv-series-to-rivals-to-curb-streaming-losses.683053/

It's wild to me that Disney can't make it work. They have a hugely popular 90+ year film and television catalog, Fox's movie and television catalog going back almost as far, ABC television properties, the Muppets, Marvel, Star Wars, and more.

Where is the FOX stuff? You mean Star+?

Sorry I don’t want to pay premium price to watch only children shows monthly. And the double if I want to watch the rest of their catalog.

But don’t worry, I suppose The Marvels are going to save Disney+.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #39505 on: February 03, 2023, 04:01:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-panther-wakanda-forever-is-now-available-on-us-disney.682045/page-5#post-100717972

Quote from: RSTEIN
WOW this movie was a HORRIBLE. I'm honestly shocked. Looked like it was shot with a $25 million budget. Wakanda has never felt so small. The end fight CGI was laughably bad. It was the same 20 Wakandans vs 20 Namorites throughout the movie. Apparently United States is afraid of Wakanda's tech but Wakanda has like literally 50 warriors tops now and best tech they have against Namor was a FREAKIN BOAT that could be brought down by a spear and water grenades. What happened to the incredible Wakanda seen in Avengers and Black Panther?

Sorry, I'm still stinging from this one. Holy hell.

:popcorn
OBE

Boredfrom

« Reply #39506 on: February 03, 2023, 04:04:13 PM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39507 on: February 03, 2023, 04:18:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-panther-wakanda-forever-is-now-available-on-us-disney.682045/page-5#post-100703665

Quote from: CherryWoodFuton
I love this movie and it saddens me that it doesn’t get the respect it deserves especially in this thread

During Black history month, no less. Nepenthe is going to have do something about this.
Even on the MCU scale, that movie ranks in the lower half
Spud

Boredfrom

« Reply #39508 on: February 03, 2023, 04:29:51 PM »
COVID and Chadwick Boseman passing screwed them over, didn’t it?  The film made profit, but it didn’t become the cultural zeitgeist that the first film promised to be.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39509 on: February 03, 2023, 04:36:23 PM »
COVID and Chadwick Boseman passing screwed them over, didn’t it?  The film made profit, but it didn’t become the cultural zeitgeist that the first film promised to be.
Far from entering the zeitgeist, it just faded from memory quicker than Thor Love and Thunder.
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39510 on: February 03, 2023, 04:40:10 PM »

Wait, what?

I think this covers most of it

Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39511 on: February 03, 2023, 04:44:39 PM »
Actively discourage family values and hire folks mostly interested in taking down capitalism and watch your family friendly media empire go down in flames due to rising server costs
:kermit
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #39512 on: February 03, 2023, 04:48:05 PM »
Far from entering the zeitgeist, it just faded from memory quicker than Thor Love and Thunder.

I remember how everyone said that Thor Ragnarok was the best superhero film ever, but nobody seems to care about Love and Thunder.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39513 on: February 03, 2023, 05:01:37 PM »
It was ok for some Korg/Thor banter but they wasted Christian Bale's character with poor writing. Just entirely by the numbers and the CG keeps getting worse.
🤴

grognard

« Reply #39514 on: February 03, 2023, 05:07:31 PM »
You know it did psychic damage to them knowing the cultural appropriation movie with blue people has more cultural relevancy than BP2.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39515 on: February 03, 2023, 05:19:50 PM »
Don't forget that Nintendo is about to nuke Disney from Orbit
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1621629989484658688
🤴

Jansen

« Reply #39516 on: February 03, 2023, 05:28:03 PM »

I remember how everyone said that Thor Ragnarok was the best superhero film ever, but nobody seems to care about Love and Thunder.

That's because Ragnarok is a good movie while love and thunder sucks

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #39517 on: February 03, 2023, 05:36:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-ff7-seen-as-the-moment-jrpgs-hit-the-bigtime-when-its-pokemon-that-actually-landed-like-a-meteor.682270/page-5#post-100621441

:cop User Banned (1 Month): Antagonizing Fellow Member; History of the Same
Quote from:  Cheesebu
Quote from: HMS_Pinafore
You can deny it all you want, that doesn't make it any less true.
I’m not sure what I denied but I agree that you seem to have a victim’s mentality.

It’s honestly a dangerous thing to make a part of your personality. It never helps.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #39518 on: February 03, 2023, 05:39:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/xbox-game-studios-bethesda-softworks-otxxii-developers_developers_developers.672088/page-327#post-100706749

:cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Metacommentary; Cross Forum Drama; Account in Junior Phase
Quote from: Binestyger
Quote from: Alcander
Feels like a lot of people really are looking for reasons to not like redfall. I felt the same with deathloop. I mean you can guess why, but it feels bad.
Gonna happen for every Xbox game here, this is a Playstation forum.
There's a good reason xboxera split off to their own place
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #39519 on: February 03, 2023, 05:54:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tesla-has-reduced-their-car-prices-massively-in-the-us.674965/page-15#post-99948220

Quote from: Superpupperbabysassy
Quote from: RSTEIN
This is tempting but I am not mentally ready to let go of the ICE audio experience.
Long range and performance model 3 have the best sound system I ever been in.

:picard
OBE

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #39520 on: February 03, 2023, 08:25:15 PM »
Their plan is for trans women to compete with cis men and trans men, something that is obviously and massively unfair.
Oh, there's no plan involving trans men here, if they want to try out for the boys teams they can knock themselves out just like always. :lol

Polident Hive

« Reply #39521 on: February 03, 2023, 09:03:52 PM »

Something I find interesting is how widespread the believe is that Rowling uses her money to finance anti-trans causes/politics and yet when you look for it there is absolutely nothing. So many people who you'd think would know better just repeat the mantra

Last week a story went around about her donating several hundred thousands to help female lawyers flee Afghanistan. Veered into her other contributions. From what I gathered, the hubbub made her a less passionate labour supporter/donor. But she isn’t actively funding any opposition? So the idea is she’s supporting anti causes by omission ???

benjipwns

« Reply #39522 on: February 03, 2023, 09:15:12 PM »
Ban bot update:
Quote from: CrunkLord420
As Josh stated on some semi-recent MATI stream, he's looking for an IX to move his old now-disconnected servers to. Once this happens I can begin rebuilding the frontend website. The backend (scanning and master DB) is totally unaffected by this situation, and as far as I know continues to operate normally (I don't actually monitor it). Not that it does anyone good until the frontend can be brought back online.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #39523 on: February 03, 2023, 09:20:57 PM »
Ree waiting so they can use gotcha ban posts :horny

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39524 on: February 03, 2023, 11:17:39 PM »

Wait, what?

I think this covers most of it

Couldn't get 1 minute into that video. Holy shit, the guy's voice is just annoying and then 30 second in he's shilling some skincare for men range he clearly never uses on his fucked up stupid face.
Spud

Tasty

« Reply #39525 on: February 03, 2023, 11:18:43 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/BestofRedditorUpdates/comments/wef6hn/the_saga_of_an_average_guy_who_spontaneously/

Dunno where to post this but it's a compilation of decade-old "AMAs" from a 24-year old who thought he know more about heroin than the Internet. Bunch of people may already know about it but whatever.

The following quotes are in chronological order.

At this point I didn't want to buy half an ounce of pot, I probably never smoked more than an eighth in my life but then I started considering his last word, Heroin. I've heard so much about it and how crazy addictive it is and seen it in the movies and TV (I'm thinking The Wire here, one of my favorite shows) and it really started to intrigue me. I've always wondered what it would be like to do Heroin.
Heroin is pure powdered pleasure, I actually feel proud of myself for having the balls to do something this crazy and I feel like it was a valuable life experience and my window into another world and part of society. I will never forget the day I did heroin. Now, ask me anything.
I don't regret this at all and I see a lot of talk about how cocaine isn't as bad as heroin and people telling anyone considering trying a hard drug to do coke instead. I've known and seen a lot of heavy coke users, many who have become addicted and ODed and I find it disturbing that people think coke is acceptable because some 'higher class' circles find it socially acceptable. I'm thinking the young Wall Street and college crowds here who associate it with money and being cool and is easily manageable to use for recreation, while society tells them that Heroin is for the poor and destitute and leads to automatic addiction and suffering.

So I plan to try cocaine the next chance I get and compare the two in terms of effects and experience. Doing Heroin was memorable and life changing and I know I can handle anything once. I've done my research on coke and know the risks, so if anyone has any questions or opinions on that matter feel free to chime in. Whether it is to tell me I'm a fucking idiot or to give me advice, whatever. This is an experiment and an adventure in life, I'll report back once I try it.
fucking I;m still withdrawling throwing up and sweating out gallons of sweat. i really want to use and relapse right now, I know i shouldn't. these urges are so strong and overpowering. Please help me if you can before I get the chance to.
NA UPDATE Went to NA, I shared my story and it seemed to hit a lot of people, I cried, I got a lot of support and numbers and feel like I'm in a good place and truly believe I never have to use again. I will be going back.
New update: i appreciate all the genuine concern adn advice. I finished my stash (bad idea but too late), threw out my needles, and am too faded to respond to comments for now. When I sober up in a couple hours I'll check out some NA meetings.
Today I met a guy through some internet channels who said he could get bundles (10 small bags of heroin) for significantly less than half the price my old dealer gave me on his 'most fair' deal. He also happened to be an IV user and had a stash of sealed needles and supplies and offered to shoot me up.
I am in one of the nation's finest hospitals and get internet access in 30 minute intervals before having to restart my browsing session which is kind of annoying, along with the pesky web filter (I will be very grateful if anyone can help me get around it, all proxies I have tried are blocked).
Tomorrow I leave this psychiatric unit to go to a substance abuse unit for a couple weeks before heading to a long term residential rehab program. I was technically dead from a fentanyl overdose last week and was revived with multiple shots of Narcan- if I was found ten minutes later I would have been dead for good according to EMS.

Reddit warned me I would become an addict when I did an AMA a little over a year ago after first trying heroin- needless to say I didn't listen and am paying the consequences. Whether or not it would have made a difference is questionable considering my personality (a staggering number of bi-polar people become addicts). This is my third extremely close encounter with death from drugs in the last year- I have done more than you probably know exist.

This is my third chance at life and I don't know if I will get any more, AMA.

It has a happy ending at least. This is from an update 7 years later:

I'm now almost six years clean from all drugs and alcohol and life is good.

I don't even remember what I said in the first post but I know I can look back objectively and say that things probably weren't as good and 'normal' before I tried heroin that time as I made it seem in that first post. There were certainly warning signs before that with alcohol, weed, and other things that I had issues with substances although I probably couldn't admit it to myself at the time. I would have never tried it if things were truly going well for me. What followed in the later posts with where it took me was very real.

And just two years ago:

I'm just posting to let people know that I am still alive, clean, and doing well. Thanks to everyone who has reached out in messages checking in over the past few years, and sorry if I can't get back to you.

:winning

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39526 on: February 03, 2023, 11:24:48 PM »
Drugs are bad, kids.
Spud

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #39527 on: February 03, 2023, 11:42:26 PM »
I think people sometimes forget that no one plans on becoming an addict. They all thought they can handle until they couldn't.
Nice to see the happy end though

benjipwns

« Reply #39528 on: February 03, 2023, 11:43:30 PM »
He wasn't wrong, it was the second time trying heroin that got him. :rollsafe

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39529 on: February 04, 2023, 12:18:01 AM »
never really thought about drugs much but reading the comments was interesting

I had always assumed addictive drugs were like nicotine (or maybe I even understand nicotine wrong) that there was some chemical that made your body demand it, like it wasn't about a choice you'd actively make, it was a physical dependency

but people describe heroin as a feeling so good that you would do anything to feel it again, not that it forces your body to desire it, but like, it's the only conclusion a person in their right mind would come to, it's a pleasure which ruins all other pleasures, if you had the choice of doing anything in life it's the most obvious choice by far, which is what makes it the worst thing you could ever experience

I suppose it's all chemicals in the end to some extent but that kind of recontextualizes it
Uncle

Tasty

« Reply #39530 on: February 04, 2023, 12:21:02 AM »
It alters your brain permanently. We as humans are nothing more than our brains. It changes who you are as a person inside your mind before you can even realize what's happening.

Which is true for a variety of things humans ingest to endless degrees, but we're talking about drugs and specifically, heroin.

benjipwns

« Reply #39531 on: February 04, 2023, 12:22:48 AM »
never really thought about drugs much but reading the comments was interesting

I had always assumed addictive drugs were like nicotine (or maybe I even understand nicotine wrong) that there was some chemical that made your body demand it, like it wasn't about a choice you'd actively make, it was a physical dependency
Psychological dependence is the usual actual form of addiction, physical dependencies are temporary. A hangover is the same process of "physical dependency" on alcohol as an alcoholic has.

The only successful rehab programs are those that last past the physical symptoms.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #39532 on: February 04, 2023, 12:36:33 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtube-shorts-refuses-to-die.683188/#post-100734934
It is going no where. According to every single content creator that I follow they are getting insane amounts of feedback from their shorts. One said that he got 7k new subs off a single 30 second clip. Which was more than he got from all the videos he released that past week.

It is unfortunately here to stay and they are set to starting putting ads up for them soon lol
Shorts are a legitimate cheat code for traffic, especially gaming ones. There's almost no real way to pinpoint why this is the case but it's true. A simple clip can get you so many views and traffic for your channel that it's fucking ridiculous. As for the ads/monetization on shorts, that was enabled 2 days ago so it's about to get even more saturated

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39533 on: February 04, 2023, 12:40:08 AM »
I guess it's the same difference when you're talking about the brain, but it's always seemed like the emphasis was placed on the thing being addictive, rather than the idea that YOU are responsible for weighing your available options for entertainment, and always make the now-obvious choice
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39535 on: February 04, 2023, 12:47:20 AM »
"so much pain"

I would ask them to genuinely describe the pain but you'd get the exact overwrought melodrama you'd expect

I'm willing to bet it's actually not debilitating, nor changes the way you think about yourself in comparison to others, nor does anything more than make you think "this would be great to share online, I would get soooo many likes and new subs"
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #39536 on: February 04, 2023, 12:50:41 AM »
"so much pain"

I would ask them to genuinely describe the pain but you'd get the exact overwrought melodrama you'd expect

I'm willing to bet it's actually not debilitating, nor changes the way you think about yourself in comparison to others, nor does anything more than make you think "this would be great to share online, I would get soooo many likes and new subs"
Actually they're going for a different angle. The pain is the Holocaust and the other many anti-Jewish pogroms from history. He's saying that people playing the game "perpetuates the ideas" that led to those. It's the stochastic terrorism/rock music corrupting children/satantic panic/etc. theory.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39537 on: February 04, 2023, 12:55:24 AM »
however, the overarching themes of harry potter "perpetuate the idea" that it's ludicrous to think that one group is genetically superior to another and should subjugate it, and that average people need to rise up against those with such poisonous ideas, even if it might mean risking your life

and that long-trusted institutions are vulnerable to complacency and corruption that can tacitly support the people with those bad ideas

and the importance of love and bravery and friendship and shit
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #39538 on: February 04, 2023, 01:05:35 AM »
I'm not reading that shit, can you not post right-wing propaganda justifying genocide in this thread? Thanks.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #39539 on: February 04, 2023, 01:26:04 AM »
I want to read the HP books to see where that TERF BITCH JOANNE sneakily put in hidden messages for trans genocide.