Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town  (Read 212010 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town
« Reply #5102 on: May 25, 2023, 06:56:54 PM »
This was a real D.C. Lottery ad. :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 02:03:37 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5105 on: May 27, 2023, 07:16:07 AM »
https://twitter.com/alexbruesewitz/status/1662231539361497090
2. They basically tell donors that they’re pretending to run to the right of Trump right now so they can try to trick MAGA voters into supporting him but he fully plans on pivoting to the center if nominated.

Don't worry guys Rob is just pretending to be an asshole :desoy
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #5106 on: May 27, 2023, 11:53:51 PM »
HILLARY CLINTON: Look, if Trump wins, which I do not believe will happen (let me just quickly say that). If in some scenario that were to happen, it would be the end of democracy in the United States, it would be the end of Ukraine. It would become a --you know, he will pull us out of NATO if he wins again. And just like he pulled us out of the Iran deal, he pulled us out of the Paris Accords. He will pull us out of NATO.

And so when you asked this question, I mean, the list of potential disastrous outcomes is longer than I have time to go over with you, but it’s why we can’t permit it to happen.
:usacry :usacry :usacry :usacry

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #5107 on: May 27, 2023, 11:57:47 PM »
You don't mean the same Democracy that the shitlibs and neocons are destroying as we speak with that bill that destroys the internet and is basically the patriot act 2.0 and that ministry of truth shit that they are trying to pass?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5108 on: May 28, 2023, 12:10:20 AM »
hilldawg endorsing destanktis  ???

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5109 on: May 28, 2023, 06:41:10 AM »
Most of the shit in the world like the refugee crisis and Ukraine/Syria wars are a direct result of the policies pushed by Hillary Clinton and her cabal.
And we now know that she colluded with the CIA and FBI to have Trump arrested(or worse) for treason he didn't commit.

The old NATO won't last much longer anyway, Macron called it 'braindead' and the EU rather wants its own army plus we're not going to join any action against China.

Trump had the right idea by building up more forces in Poland because he knew the Germans relied too much on Russian energy.
He also brought the Saudi's and Israeli's together, effectively creating the strongest military alliance in the Middle East and killed Irans top spy to contain them plus he made significant progress to pacify North Korea.

The last thing Obama and Clinton tried before she was denied her throne was to let ISIS run amock to destroy Syria and establish a Kurdish state on Erdogans doorstep.
And they did that after the fall of Libya already caused so much death and suffering. Most countries in the global south don't see the United States as a protector of freedom anymore but simply a declining imperial power lashing out against its enemies.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5110 on: May 28, 2023, 04:56:03 PM »
It's actually Rob's fault that Disney is woke  :lol

🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5112 on: June 01, 2023, 06:24:43 AM »
Watching Loomer and Pushaw burn down the Republican party with leaks, dirt and smear campaigns is a sight to behold.  :doge

Also Trump has trashed many people but "Milktoast" is apparently where he went too far, her simps are pissed.
🤴

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #5113 on: June 05, 2023, 07:32:15 PM »
Uneven week for Trump. His Iowa appearance was (allegedly) under-attended. Whereas DeSantis is doing full rallies and events. It's too early to matter IMO. Once debates start and Trump is on stage alpha dogging 12 people as they attack him, he'll truly be back.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5114 on: June 05, 2023, 08:08:08 PM »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5115 on: June 07, 2023, 09:37:44 AM »
https://twitter.com/wrong_speak/status/1665804004910153730

dems in trouble if he gets the nom tbh
A party is not nominating, and a country is not electing, a closeted gay man with no wife or children.  :doge

Two points in my mind. The idea that systematic racism doesn't exist in America is laughable. At the same time the idea that systematic racism's existence means black people are little more than pawns with no agency, incapable of doing anything to better themselves (outside of vote, of course :doge ) is clearly brain poison that our forefathers rejected in far harsher times than today. I don't think it's a coincidence that most of the noteworthy movements of the last decade were largely focused on appealing to white people. BLM was the ultimate white guilt solution. Feel bad that you decided to withdraw your child from school because some black kids are now enrolled? For a $20 donation you can be absolved. It was like flying on a private jet and then planting a tree. Except you don't actually plant the tree, the money just goes into somebody's pocket to buy mansions and champagne.

There has been a clear ideological shift on black activism and the results are ugly. Community outreach/work is sidelined. Begging white people for awards and positions is preferred. The result has been an influx of new, successful, corporate friendly black elites in academia/arts/business while the community is ignored. This is what happens when you measure progress by who is winning Oscars instead of how many of your 6th graders can fucking read. This is what happens when community activists doing work are ignored (or killed...look up Darren Seals) while people like DeRay become the face of the movement. And just like white suburban moms sending $20 to BLM, corporations have decided to bring in people like DeRay as paid consultants on #diversity while doing nothing for black people. It's all a grift focused on making white people feel better and black people feel seen.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5116 on: June 07, 2023, 09:45:14 AM »
old whites would eat that shit up and being gay just brings in the lgbt vote!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5117 on: June 07, 2023, 02:58:20 PM »
Some deep state whitey was yelling to Woopi: "we have to go to a commercial break for our corporate masters" and they silenced him mid sentence. :fbm

It's gonna be like Ben Carson all over again, where everyone involved in the Republican primary is racist af against the guy except Orange Man.

Trump/Scott 2024
🤴

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5118 on: June 10, 2023, 03:40:31 PM »
That Trump indictment is ugly. Lots of just mind blowing stupid and criminal decisions as people all around Trump basically begged him to stop. Is he going to jail? I won't bet on it, since the jury will be in Florida. But I wouldn't have bet on a Florida grand jury indicting him either and here we are.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

Occam

« Reply #5120 on: June 17, 2023, 06:23:30 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jun/17/hamtramck-michigan-muslim-council-lgbtq-pride-flags-banned

So you are telling me that very intolerant religion is actually very intolerant?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5121 on: June 17, 2023, 10:25:46 PM »
the muslims are heroes inshallah!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5122 on: June 18, 2023, 03:55:28 PM »
You have to respect other peoples cultures and adapt  :playa <- non alcoholic drink
🤴

Himu

« Reply #5123 on: June 21, 2023, 06:08:15 AM »
https://news.gallup.com/poll/506765/social-conservatism-highest-decade.aspx

Social Conservatism in U.S. Highest in About a Decade

Story Highlights

38% say they are conservative on social issues, up from 33% last year
    Highest percentage saying they are socially conservative since 2012
    44% say they are economically conservative, also highest since 2012

The results are based on Gallup’s annual Values and Beliefs survey, conducted May 1-24. The survey comes at a time when many states are considering policies regarding transgender matters, abortion, crime, drug use and the teaching of gender and sexuality in schools.

The increase in conservative identification on social issues over the past two years is seen among nearly all political and demographic subgroups. Republicans show one of the largest increases, from 60% in 2021 to 74% today. Independents show a modest uptick of five percentage points, from 24% to 29%, while there has been no change among Democrats (10% in both 2021 and 2023).

ONE OF US!

ONE OF US!

ONE OF US!

https://twitter.com/JesseBWatters/status/1667323188722962433

Remember Lock Her Up? Anyone? Anybody?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jun/17/hamtramck-michigan-muslim-council-lgbtq-pride-flags-banned

So you are telling me that very intolerant religion is actually very intolerant?

(Image removed from quote.)

God bless this country which allows us to do this. God bless the Muslims for doing what the Christians have been unable or unwilling to do.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 06:18:04 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5124 on: June 21, 2023, 11:18:03 AM »
CPI/inflation falling, job creation still rolling, China semiconductor market decimated, Iran oil deal coming...you guys ready for Biden to win again?
 :point

Barely a week goes  by at work where I don't hear some republican finance bro sound suicidal at the prospect of voting for DeSantis or Trump.

Himu

« Reply #5125 on: June 21, 2023, 11:57:39 PM »
Biden is 100% winning again. This decade belongs to the Democrats.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 12:15:49 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

Occam

« Reply #5127 on: June 25, 2023, 04:23:58 PM »
Heh.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5133 on: June 29, 2023, 09:43:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/BigFish3000/status/1673544570242584576

:trumps

The US has military attack plans for multiple countries. The sources from the meeting said Miley was making the argument that attacking Iran would be idiotic.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #5134 on: July 03, 2023, 01:07:38 AM »
:O

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5135 on: July 03, 2023, 02:39:58 AM »
https://twitter.com/BigFish3000/status/1673544570242584576

:trumps

The US has military attack plans for multiple countries. The sources from the meeting said Miley was making the argument that attacking Iran would be idiotic.
nintex is the dutch ian miles cheong of the bore. except nintex is funny and taking the piss most of the time

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #5137 on: July 04, 2023, 04:09:14 PM »
Was hunter visiting?

#nintex

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 05:58:27 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Himu

« Reply #5139 on: July 06, 2023, 07:58:59 AM »
https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1676785310322098176

Good Lord. Thankfully the Obama's are safe.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

james

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Himu

« Reply #5144 on: July 22, 2023, 08:11:58 PM »
I recognize a wider realization that I'm just politically homeless. When I became more social conservative and think social conservatism is the best outcome for a healthy society I naturally felt the Republicans were the best bet. Bust because you're conservative in terms of social values doesn't make you inherently Republican.

I wish there was nuance.

On one hand I'm against victim mentality. On the other, I think that sweeping under the rug the realities of the treatment of black people and other races and white washing it is evil. I'm against equity and giving certain groups a boost but I also think it's important to express the realities these groups have faced and continue to face.

Then I read shit like this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/new-florida-standards-teach-black-people-benefited-slavery-taught-usef-rcna95418

What's funny is I find myself begging for the return of the Obama era Democratic Party. I would be far more on board with them. I desperately need the Democratic Party to moderate off of its equity business but they won't do that until the Republicans stop fronting Trump and being the headquarters for Bananas Town.

Can't tell what will happen in 2024 as it's far away but at this point I'm feeling write in is the best option.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #5145 on: July 22, 2023, 11:44:59 PM »
It depends on what state you're planning on voting in but write-ins are not necessarily counted or treated differently from blanks.

I also don't know if voting locally based on what national media is reporting in a slanted manner about people of unspecific parties in a different state is a very informed or rational voting model.

Himu

« Reply #5146 on: July 23, 2023, 12:15:28 AM »
I agree about local, but I'm mostly talking about federal. I could support local dems and local repubs depending on the issues. But this is someone running for President.

My main problem is federal level politics and a Presidents agenda. Biden administration is heavily invested in wokism. Conservatives are highly invested in anti-wokism. Voting-wise, I vote for both GOP and Democrats depending on the issue and office, but as far as the President goes I just don't know anymore.

But as a corollary, I'm just completely zoinked out about the modern Democratic Party. Even Michigan Dems are absolutely bananas and they're supposed to be reasonable, moderate, lovely Midwesterners and yet..

https://www.newsweek.com/michigan-pronoun-bill-probably-unconstitutional-first-amendment-1811232

I'm just stuck in the middle. I support guns, I support abortion (to a limit). I don't support equity and anti-American "white people are evil" reactionary "history", I don't like portraying certain evils America did as a "silver lining" and "they did it too". I support decriminalization of drugs, I don't support people smoking weed publicly. I don't support gay marriage on a personal basis,  I also don't think it's a governments job to enforce who can and can't get married.  Of course no one party can fit anyone's views but some of these make for extreme overlaps in disagreement.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2023, 12:26:10 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #5147 on: July 23, 2023, 12:33:28 AM »
The platform you just outlined is the position of the Libertarian Party. I'm not saying that to push the Libertarian Party because I support them (I don't) but if you took one of those quiz things you're going to align with them if those are the only ones you mark.

I would assume, with no evidence I can present to you as it is the aggregate of my impression of you over the years, if you start putting in your economic positions your answer would shift to the Green Party. But, like the Democrats, they are just as committed to social justice and so will abandon the bulk of their liberal positions for it when pushed. Foreign policy is perhaps their only consistent refusal to do so, but when it comes to things like the environment they strongly support a massive unceasing police state.

Himu

« Reply #5148 on: July 23, 2023, 01:12:55 AM »
Greens are too social activist like the Dems. I don't trust professional activists of any stripe. I don't care about your "causes". Greens are also a bit too anti-vax for me.

"Hey everyone! It's like the 1960's! Let's go protest!" is probably the most boring thing imaginable to me now. I also dislike doomerism tied to Climate Activists and Greens are largely tied to that. I roll my eyes any time I see some liberal say they can't have kids because "muh climate change" when 100 years ago black people still had kids despite lynchings. It's hard to respect Weak Ass Bitchism. Also, what do you want me to do about climate change? What steps are you taking besides crying about it?

So Greens are no no.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5149 on: July 23, 2023, 05:23:05 PM »
If Trump loses that's the end. The war in Ukraine will continue and escalate into a never-ending war Afghanistan situation, the world economy will be further wrecked by climate zealots and unnecessary conflict, crime and corruption will run rampant.
The internet and social-media will be censored and controlled more than it is today by 3 letter agencies. You will get more diversity hires but fewer problems are being fixed, instead the problems will be blamed on others (just like they did with the unvaccinated).
It'll be 4 years of Biden or Kamala rubber stamping corpo globalist legislation they can't even read or understand anymore and the US trying to stamp out rebellions in the corners of the Empire as the world economy tanks further and they remove the gas stove from your house.

🤴

Himu

« Reply #5150 on: July 24, 2023, 08:06:52 AM »
All is Qadr. That stuff happened even while Trump was President. If anything the Democratic Party and liberals becoming more authoritarian and woke accelerated because he was President. Trump is an accelerationist because he stokes fires in every single pot.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 08:18:22 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5151 on: July 24, 2023, 09:25:52 AM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna95514

WASHINGTON — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Thursday that he is directing his state government to launch an inquiry into Bud Light's parent company, AB InBev, over its partnership with transgender social media influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

DeSantis, who's running for the GOP presidential nomination, accused the beverage company of not following its "fiduciary duty" to shareholders and pensioners by collaborating with Mulvaney.

"When you start pursuing a political agenda at the expense of your shareholders, that’s not just impacting very wealthy people. It impacts hardworking people who were police officers, firefighters and teachers in terms of the pension," DeSantis said in an interview on Fox News.

He continued: "So we’re going to be launching an inquiry about Bud Light and InBev, and it could be something that leads to a derivative lawsuit filed on behalf of the shareholders of the Florida pension fund because at the end of the day, there’s got to be penalties when you put business aside to focus on your social agenda at the expense of hardworking people."

DeSantis said Florida had $53 million worth of InBev stock in Florida's pension funds of about $180 billion. The governor claimed that shareholders were affected after sales of Bud Light declined as a result of conservative backlash to the beer brand after it worked with Mulvaney.

Asked for a response, an Anheuser-Busch spokesperson told NBC News: "Anheuser-Busch InBev takes our responsibility to our shareholders, employees, distributors and customers seriously. We are focused on driving long-term, sustainable growth for them by optimizing our business and providing consumers products to enjoy for any occasion."

DeSantis' office pointed to a letter he posted on Twitter on Friday morning that he sent to the interim executive director of the State Board of Administration calling for an inquiry.

He's the same as the people he complains about. Utterly unhinged ridiculous. Benji was right about him.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 09:38:08 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

Sman

« Reply #5152 on: July 24, 2023, 10:12:52 AM »
If Trump loses that's the end. The war in Ukraine will continue and escalate into a never-ending war Afghanistan situation, the world economy will be further wrecked by climate zealots and unnecessary conflict, crime and corruption will run rampant.

Dude, are you for real? Have you heard Trump's "plans" to stop the Ukraine war in 24 hrs? When pressed for actual details (and if you take him at his word), escalation (the threat of it anyway) is the key to convince Putin to come and negotiate. Some escalation is bound to happen no matter who is US president in 2025.

That is if the war is not over by then. The Western alliance is more fragile than it looks when it comes to Ukraine. And Russia is on very shaky grounds economically and politically in the next few years. Sooner or later, negotiations are bound to happen no matter who is in the White House. We already have a rough outlook of how it will likely look like (some sort of rapid EU accession, Europe picking up most of the tab for reconstruction, US security guarantees instead of NATO membership, tough compromises on territory, some sort of token Chinese rubber stamp, flow of Western weapons continues).

If Ukraine does not make decisive gains soon, this is likely going to be a frozen conflict and 10-20 years from now, problems are bound to happen again since the peace was not won in a rush for a cease-fire.

james

« Reply #5153 on: July 24, 2023, 10:31:13 AM »
The DeSantis anti-gay but also oddly erotic video was made internally it turns out

https://www.mediaite.com/news/maggie-haberman-source-says-bonkers-anti-lgbtq-attack-on-trump-was-made-by-desantis-camp-and-passed-off-to-a-supporter/

And now theres a new campaign video

A video which features Ron DeSantis that includes a symbol often associated with neo-Nazi groups has been met with outrage after it was allegedly retweeted by his campaign team.

https://www.newsweek.com/ron-desantis-nazi-symbol-campaign-sonnenrad-1814801

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #5154 on: July 24, 2023, 10:45:55 AM »
He's the same as the people he complains about. Utterly unhinged ridiculous.

:thinking
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5155 on: July 24, 2023, 06:41:13 PM »

Dude, are you for real? Have you heard Trump's "plans" to stop the Ukraine war in 24 hrs? When pressed for actual details (and if you take him at his word), escalation (the threat of it anyway) is the key to convince Putin to come and negotiate. Some escalation is bound to happen no matter who is US president in 2025.

That is if the war is not over by then. The Western alliance is more fragile than it looks when it comes to Ukraine. And Russia is on very shaky grounds economically and politically in the next few years. Sooner or later, negotiations are bound to happen no matter who is in the White House. We already have a rough outlook of how it will likely look like (some sort of rapid EU accession, Europe picking up most of the tab for reconstruction, US security guarantees instead of NATO membership, tough compromises on territory, some sort of token Chinese rubber stamp, flow of Western weapons continues).

If Ukraine does not make decisive gains soon, this is likely going to be a frozen conflict and 10-20 years from now, problems are bound to happen again since the peace was not won in a rush for a cease-fire.
Those in power knew that Ukraine did not have a force with enough training and weapons to pull off the counter attack. And they pressed on the attack anyway.
https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1683331924222255104

I figured the whole thing was a bluff (and a rather smart one) at first. Ukraine threatens massive counter attack, Putin fears he might lose his precious Crimea.
Never in a million years did I expect the Ukrainians to drive $26 million tanks into minefields with no back-up or air cover. Just like I didn't expect Putin to be stupid enough to actually invade.

Anyway the tab for reconstruction has already been paid for in advance. Zelensky has sold out his country to Blackrock and other investment banks as well as the military industrial complex.
Based on all the fancy presentations Ukraine is basically going to be the perfect digital corporate dystopia. Make no mistake, after Syria and the attempt to go to war with Iran, Ukraine is the last stop for a proxy war with Russia.
After Ukraine there's only a direct conflict with Russia left. One that many in the US foreign policy establishment are willing to start sooner rather than later.

Biden will simply get a cue card: "YOU will launch OPERATION STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM to liberate Ukraine and free the people of the Russian Federation"
🤴

benjipwns

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5157 on: July 25, 2023, 10:52:23 AM »
Superman/Batman
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #5158 on: July 25, 2023, 02:12:36 PM »
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight