Author Topic: The Official Capeshit thread  (Read 13186 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: The Official Capeshit thread
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2022, 04:39:07 PM »
Capeshit really has some problems with keeping powers consistent. She-hulk spoilers I guess

https://www.reddit.com/r/memes/comments/wtdhs7/literally/

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2022, 05:21:17 PM »
Soy Hulk :trumps
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2022, 06:23:31 PM »
lol, yeah Hulk seemed kind of tiny in that.

I always think of Hulk being like Marvel v Capcom take up half the screen height massive.

Polident Hive

« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2022, 06:33:56 PM »
Loved how Eric Bana’s Hulk kept getting bigger the angrier he got.

On the DC front, who sold The Rock so hard on Black Adam? He’s voicing Krypto, Superman’s dog, in that Superpets movie. He’s also voicing Black Adam and Black Adam’s dog. That in addition to the Black Adam movie he’s in, as Black Adam. I saw Black Adam is one of the first new characters in the WB Smash Bros. Crazy push.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2022, 06:44:01 PM »
The Rock is a Black Adam fan, they originally offered him either Shazam or Black Adam like a decade ago and he stuck with it through everything because he really wanted to do it.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2022, 08:47:05 PM »
I always assumed Hulk got bigger and stronger the more angry he got. In my head, the balancing act he's doing now reduces his size/power.
Spud

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2022, 09:32:14 PM »
That was always how i remember him. 

And him fighting Galactus and shit

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2022, 09:33:53 PM »
Capeshit really has some problems with keeping powers consistent. She-hulk spoilers I guess

https://www.reddit.com/r/memes/comments/wtdhs7/literally/

To be fair he got caught of guard and was in the air.

Polident Hive

« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2022, 09:43:41 PM »
Comics are nothing if not inconsistent. That’s the whole story of world war hulk, I think. Planet hulk was him getting a family. They get killed by the illuminati? He gets uncontrollably angry and so strong only one guy can match him. Sometimes there’s no upper limit.

In other issues he’s probably been knocked out from slipping on a banana peel.

The Rock is a Black Adam fan, they originally offered him either Shazam or Black Adam like a decade ago and he stuck with it through everything because he really wanted to do it.

Yeah, but I’ve never met anybody crazy about the character away from Captain Marvel. Story about the new Blade movie, likely bullshit, is Ali getting approached about who’d he be interested in. He said Blade. At least there you had the Snipes movies and a couple other places. Maybe this is before my time stuff he read as a kid.

benjipwns

« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2022, 09:46:07 PM »
Black Adam got a highly regarded run in JSA that led into the even more highly regarded 52 where Black Adam was more or less the central character.

The movie is taking elements from those storylines directly.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2022, 02:32:23 PM »

Either he or marketing team seem really obsessed with pointing out that he's stronger than Superman. I wonder if that's how he was sold on the movie

"One of superman's weakness is magic and one of black adams super powers is magic, so you do the math"  :what

benjipwns

« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2022, 06:41:33 PM »
I think he said in the past he hopes they can do a Black Adam vs. Superman movie.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2022, 10:14:20 PM »
Comics are nothing if not inconsistent. That’s the whole story of world war hulk, I think. Planet hulk was him getting a family. They get killed by the illuminati? He gets uncontrollably angry and so strong only one guy can match him. Sometimes there’s no upper limit.

In other issues he’s probably been knocked out from slipping on a banana peel.

Couldn't remember and looked it up- The Illuminati tricked Hulk into going into a rocket that was supposed to go to some peaceful, uninhabited planet, but something fucked up and he goes to a planet full of war and gladiators and stuff and Planet Hulk is Hulk The Barbarian. Then when Hulk smash and he beats the big-bad, he marries one of his allies.  She gets killed when the rocket that brought him there explodes, so he blames the Illuminati and goes to earth for the World War Hulk storyline.  But then during that story, it is revealed that people loyal to the bad guy from Planet Hulk rigged the rocket to explode and one of his allies saw this, but didn't do anything on purpose because he wanted more death and destruction.  I also had no idea that Hulk had two kids from this storyline.  I know Skaar, but who the hell is Hiro-Kala? :dizzy

...Comics.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 10:20:04 PM by bork »
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #133 on: August 21, 2022, 10:26:13 PM »
Edit- nvm

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2022, 06:05:03 AM »
I think its pretty consistent with Hulks powerset that  :maf Hulk can stop an invading alien organic flying tank with one punch, while meditating anger suppressing nerd hulk can be taken by surprise and not hulk smash the car of someone he has a strong positive emotional connection to.

:idont

OT: of capeshit, they've dropped Moon Knight from the opening MARVEL title card for She Hulk  ???

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2022, 07:23:27 AM »
Three quarters of the audience dropped Moon Knight before the third episode...
Spud

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2022, 11:50:14 AM »
I think its pretty consistent with Hulks powerset that  :maf Hulk can stop an invading alien organic flying tank with one punch, while meditating anger suppressing nerd hulk can be taken by surprise and not hulk smash the car of someone he has a strong positive emotional connection to.

:idont

OT: of capeshit, they've dropped Moon Knight from the opening MARVEL title card for She Hulk  ???

Just a moment earlier he threw a boulder so fast it burned up in the atmosphere. I'd figure he should be able to just hold the car in place without hurting Jen.

I think they just wanted the typical "person gets thrown off car stunt" and didn't care too much beyond that.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 11:55:18 AM by HaughtyFrank »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2022, 12:07:58 PM »
BTW the boulder  would not burn up that  way going out.

Tasty

« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2022, 12:30:32 PM »

:nerds

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2022, 02:22:33 PM »

:nerds

Maybe it's because it's a hulk throw and that makes it so fast that it just burns up!

#MCU

jorma

« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2022, 02:02:09 AM »

but what if it was really angry?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2022, 09:20:36 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2022, 09:56:34 PM »
I get the Wolverine reference.

Can one of you comic book nerds explain the giant statue?
Spud

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2022, 10:00:32 PM »

It’s an Eternals reference.

Yes, I watched the Eternals  :goty
Margs

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2022, 12:22:30 AM »

It’s an Eternals reference.

Yes, I watched the Eternals  :goty
OK.

Yes, I too watched Eternals. Unfortunately (or not), I don't remember anything about Eternals.
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2022, 04:15:03 AM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #147 on: August 26, 2022, 05:02:31 AM »
That was actually my first thought
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #148 on: August 26, 2022, 05:08:29 AM »

dceu when?

benjipwns

Bebpo

« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2022, 03:50:24 AM »
So about that MCU Daredevil...

he's goofy?

I only watched Netflix Daredevil S1 & 2 and read the good comic runs, but this really didn't feel like Daredevil to me. Hopefully the Born Again show is more in tone with the Netflix show.

Polident Hive

« Reply #152 on: October 06, 2022, 08:40:21 AM »
It varies. He’s had lighter runs and serious runs. Characters adapt when guesting in other comics. That announcement of Logan in Deadpool, yeah, he’s gonna be goofier than in X2 or Logan.

The Netflix series was based on and around Frank Miller’s stuff. With how they ran through most, and his series is 20 or something episodes, gotta draw elsewhere. Can’t imagine he’ll be this goofy in that show, but expecting it’ll be lighter than Netflix.

I’ll give it to them, Daredevil suckered me into watching an episode of she hulk. Doesn’t seem too bad. There was this forgotten DC show about ordinary office workers, set in the DC universe. A stock office comedy but the boss is reading a Lex Luthor book on business or they off hand mention seeing Superman. That’s what this brought to mind.

benjipwns

Tasty

« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2022, 02:38:03 AM »
God I wish it were the year 2000.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2022, 07:36:54 PM »
Weren't you still a toddler at that time?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2022, 07:46:24 PM »

:dead

Tasty

« Reply #157 on: October 14, 2022, 01:24:06 AM »

I was 9 and from my perspective things were much simpler. :)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #158 on: October 14, 2022, 01:45:34 AM »

I was 9 and from my perspective things were much simpler. :)

So, less realistic at 9 than now?

I miss my innocence as well. Even so, I recognize that I'm in a remarkably sheltered and blissful situation.

Tasty

« Reply #159 on: October 14, 2022, 01:47:05 AM »
I will say that as objectively as I can think about things, it does feel like 9/11 changed a lot. The young'uns today don't remember a "before" but I do, a little bit but it's something.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #160 on: October 14, 2022, 03:14:55 AM »
I will say that as objectively as I can think about things, it does feel like 9/11 changed a lot. The young'uns today don't remember a "before" but I do, a little bit but it's something.

Yeah, I can remember a whole lot of them before. 9/11 Changed the world for the worst, particularly in the USA, as it has remained an excuse for a number of extremely bad policy decisions, a trampling of every Americans civil rights, The militarization of police forces, and an accelerated jingoism that has allowed the conservatives to manipulate everyone’s fear into thinking that these were all good moves.

benjipwns

« Reply #161 on: October 14, 2022, 09:36:37 PM »
The Rock has apparently been going around spoiling the mid-credits scene of Black Adam during the publicity tour. :lol

I'll be nice and not spoil it but it's pretty easy to find if you want to know, people had edited it all onto the Wikipedia page earlier for example.

Polident Hive

« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2022, 10:34:20 PM »
Tying 9/11 to capeshit, a lot of youngs see the US flags and NYC “you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!” as corny relics in Raimi’s Spider-Man. But people ate that shit up. Weird times.

The Rock has apparently been going around spoiling the mid-credits scene of Black Adam during the publicity tour. :lol

I'll be nice and not spoil it but it's pretty easy to find if you want to know, people had edited it all onto the Wikipedia page earlier for example.

Black Adam credit spoiler

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Funny how it’s just the Super Pets scene in reverse.

Larger implication here is, there will be another movie where he’s the lead. At least how it’s always been explained, WB didn’t want a new movie, and he wasn’t inking a fresh contract just for cameos. Thinking they’ll do, or have done, scenes for The Flash. Makes sense to have him and her meet there, leading into a new movie. Why am I being so vague when it’s so obvious.
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #163 on: October 15, 2022, 12:02:17 AM »
Apparently the recent reshoots for The Flash did involve that.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #164 on: October 15, 2022, 01:01:50 AM »
Decided to go and rewatch marvel movies during my chores. The first two Thor movies are overwrought, joyless, and lacking.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #165 on: October 15, 2022, 06:28:41 AM »
First one is passable, second truly deserves its reputation.
Spud

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #166 on: October 15, 2022, 09:22:09 AM »
Only Thor Ragnarok is fun and rewatchable, imo.
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #167 on: October 17, 2022, 01:01:09 AM »
Saw this book in a new Humble Bundle and I wonder if there could be an author logo more effective at telling me to stay away:

If you're somehow still skeptical, the blurbs:
Welcome to the Golden Age of comic book movies and Comicstorians Benny Potter, Dan Rumbles and Jason Keen are here to help you understand why we these larger-than-life characters have captured the imagination of the world. When it comes to superheroes of the Silver Screen, nobody knows more than the masterminds behind the wildly popular Comicstorian YouTube channel. This definitive guide to comic book films divulges behind-the-scenes secrets and the hidden history behind these must-see movies including how, after very rocky beginnings, they shot to the top with DC and Marvel as two of the most important franchises in the industry. If you love The Hulk, The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man and are still laughing about Deadpool, look no further. With The Rise of Comic Book Movies, you’ll feel like you are on the film set, walking the halls of Valhalla and in your very own Fortress of Solitude with your favorite reads.
About the Author
Benny Potter, a professional man-child, is the Comicstorian. With over 80 million views on YouTube, Potter (with the help of his team) has become the definitive source for all thing comic books online. As the executive producer for multiple YouTube channels, Potter has built up an audience with his unique brand of dramatic recaps on comic books, video games and movies. While managing multiple channels he also runs a YouTube mentorship program and has been producing content for other outlets. Potter spent 9 years in the military in multiple capacities and it was during this time that he developed his unique brand of teaching through entertainment. Whenever he has a moment to himself he likes to unwind by working on his personal comic series.

Dan Rumbles has been the editor for the Comicstorian YouTube channel since the beginning of 2015. Prior to this role, Rumbles was a coffee aficionado. He has made videos that have aired on countless channels across the internet including the DC YouTube channel. In his free time he enjoys reading comics, riding his motorcycle, playing video games, and being the super cool guy that he is.

Jason Keen is the world’s oldest teenager. He graduated from Colorado State University with a B.A. in History Education in 2004. Soon after he began to teach at the PIONEER School for Expeditionary Learning from 2004-2007, focusing on social studies. After leaving PIONEER he began working at Grand Slam Sports Cards and Comics in Loveland, Colorado with his older brother Kevin where to this day they continue to sells sports cards, comics, games, and toys. The self-proclaimed “analog” gamer, Keen is also an accomplished musician releasing his album Freedom Fries in 2004. He started writing and contributing for the YouTuber Comicstorian 2014. He lives in Ft. Collins, Colorado with his mother and brother and has no plans for growing up anytime soon.

Author of The Film Buff's Bucket List, Chris Stuckmann has over 70 million views and over 400,000 subscribers. Early on, Stuckmann was inspired by the great movie reviewer Roger Ebert, and has now gone on to be recognized as one of the top 3 movie reviewers on YouTube.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Verified Purchase
While I enjoy Benny Potter's work on Youtube, his book was mediocre. The book is plagued with grammar mistakes, missing punctuation, spelling errors and typos. If repetition of sentences or statements in the book were removed, it would be cut down by an easy 20 pages. Excessive fluff in order to length a piece of writing detracts from the strengths of the book.

The book follows an opinionated recounting of movie history, which often fails to account for facts in some cases. This ultimately weakens the book as it often obscures and glances over key points in favour of biased opinions. No part of a book recounting history should have the author stating their opinion is correct and then fail to present points to attest to that claim. Many movie franchises were omitted or glanced over in order to focus on Batman and Superman at the beginning of the book. Marvel is barely given half the book to argue points and some franchises were cut out all together.

The book reads like a Youtube video script tossed into a 180 page format. If Mr. Potter chooses to release another book, he should seriously consider hiring an editor to revise the final script.

While some information was new and insightful, this book suffers on many fronts. If you're interested in comic book movies, it offers an enjoyable 2 hour read, if you don't then this is not the the book for you.
[close]

Kurt Russell

« Reply #168 on: October 18, 2022, 03:10:27 PM »
Alan Moore claims superhero movies are a "precursor to fascism"

In an interview with The Guardian, Moore said: “Hundreds of thousands of adults [are] lining up to see characters and situations that had been created to entertain the 12-year-old boys – and it was always boys – of 50 years ago. I didn’t really think that superheroes were adult fare.

Big Ooooof.  :yikes

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/alan-moore-superhero-precursor-fascism/
woke

Polident Hive

« Reply #169 on: October 24, 2022, 08:55:59 PM »
https://twitter.com/hhgarcia41/status/1584601842494734337
(Ignore the corny message. It’s the closest to an official Twitter link I saw.)

Matter of convenience but I like the reuse of his Man of Steel suit. They’ll probably make a newer one if he sticks around. It’s from an era before these suits had a crotch fly.

benjipwns

« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2022, 09:04:44 PM »
I think the one thing Whedon did better was have him change back to that suit for the final shot of Justice League. It's a much better way to signal "he's truly back" for a crescendo final shot of the movie. The Knightmare visions indicate he changes back by then anyway, so Snyder should have sucked it up and done it in his version too.

Polident Hive

« Reply #171 on: October 24, 2022, 09:34:32 PM »
Yeah. I expected it in that scene. Snyder shot it with the red and blue. But I get the intention was to deliver the original story as if it were 2017. But also the suits in Batman vs Superman and Justice League had prominent shiny muscles. Trying to evoke shading from the comics. Looks great when there’s care to manage the lighting and all. But when it’s flat, like Whedon’s scenes, or even the headless cameo in Shazam. Ends up having a painted on abs look.

Going way back to Spider-Man 3, they tried to do the black suit as it was in the comics. Same issue there. Think they went too far in some tests and said it looked like Spider-Man was going to an sm club.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #172 on: October 25, 2022, 06:24:23 PM »

Polident Hive

« Reply #173 on: October 25, 2022, 06:52:24 PM »
All I hope is all that shit is kept separate from The Batman’s corner like Joker 2 with Gaga is.

Off that, I’m learning they’re doing an Arkham Asylum spin-off series? In my head I’m picturing Oz with Killer Croc yelling for tits.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/arkham-asylum-hbo-max-series-antonio-campos-showrunner-1235412760/

If you follow through what Matt Reeves was doing, Penguin is gonna be the mob crime show. GCPD was gonna be The Shield in Gotham. The Batman itself was a lot of Seven in Gotham. If it works, why not.

benjipwns

« Reply #174 on: October 26, 2022, 09:20:42 PM »
All I hope is all that shit is kept separate from The Batman’s corner like Joker 2 with Gaga is.
I think it is but I think they might be leaving the door open to writing Reeves' stuff back into the DCEU down the road, at one point they were going to have Reeves' stuff set as the past for Batfleck which was far enough back he could do whatever he wanted anyway:
according to sources, Joker filmmaker Todd Phillips’ work on the upcoming sequel, which goes into production later this year, will not fall under Gunn and Safran’s purview and instead will be overseen by De Luca and Abdy. Matt Reeves, who worked under Hamada, has a budding universe based on his The Batman movie. It is unclear under whose purview Reeves’ future projects would fall, but everything else moving forward would be under Gunn and Safran’s.

Interestingly, that article somewhat suggests that some of the recent decisions may have been at least discussed with Gunn and Safran:
And according to sources, the initial overture to Safran and Gunn came from De Luca over the summer,

The hiring is effective Nov. 1, and comes as De Luca and Abdy have been making creative decisions and overseeing postproduction on everything from The Flash to Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom since taking over their posts in early July.
So Gunn's reply tweet a month or so back to that random guy that implied he knew unannounced things about the DC slate and that people should have faith may have been a slipup. :lol

Polident Hive

« Reply #175 on: October 31, 2022, 05:56:23 PM »
Yeah. Whatever it’ll be known as, the Reeves universe has a lot of potential. Using it to prop of the DCEU/DCU feels like a short term boost before collapsing. Unfortunately that sounds like something WB would do. JL was already the boost it needed. Like Days of Future Past for the Fox X-men movies. What happens there, keep it separate from The Batman.

On that,

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1587119908105555968

Liked her in other stuff. She was nearly Huntress in the Birds of Prey movie. Funny how this is sounding like a similar character.

Also, Marvel talk,

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1587162171653308416

No idea who wonder man is but I like Yahya in everything I’ve seen him in.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #176 on: October 31, 2022, 10:33:54 PM »
Milotti is good; her Black Mirror episode was nuanced. She was hilarious in 30 Rock (infantilized blond) and Palm Springs, opposite Samberg.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #177 on: November 01, 2022, 01:16:30 PM »
Milotti is good; her Black Mirror episode was nuanced. She was hilarious in 30 Rock (infantilized blond) and Palm Springs, opposite Samberg.

Yeah, she was the Mother in How I Met Your too - I guess shes happy with doing mostly stage work and the occasional TV show because she certainly seems like she could be 'bigger' than she is for awhile now.

Tasty

« Reply #178 on: November 01, 2022, 11:29:06 PM »
I think it is but I think they might be leaving the door open to writing Reeves' stuff back into the DCEU down the road, at one point they were going to have Reeves' stuff set as the past for Batfleck which was far enough back he could do whatever he wanted anyway:
according to sources, Joker filmmaker Todd Phillips’ work on the upcoming sequel, which goes into production later this year, will not fall under Gunn and Safran’s purview and instead will be overseen by De Luca and Abdy. Matt Reeves, who worked under Hamada, has a budding universe based on his The Batman movie. It is unclear under whose purview Reeves’ future projects would fall, but everything else moving forward would be under Gunn and Safran’s.

Interestingly, that article somewhat suggests that some of the recent decisions may have been at least discussed with Gunn and Safran:
And according to sources, the initial overture to Safran and Gunn came from De Luca over the summer,

The hiring is effective Nov. 1, and comes as De Luca and Abdy have been making creative decisions and overseeing postproduction on everything from The Flash to Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom since taking over their posts in early July.
So Gunn's reply tweet a month or so back to that random guy that implied he knew unannounced things about the DC slate and that people should have faith may have been a slipup. :lol

DC Films already getting fractured as fuck. Great sign.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #179 on: November 02, 2022, 04:47:13 AM »
feige

hulk v wolverine

do it you coward