Author Topic: "V for Vendetta" is out tomorrow  (Read 16695 times)

The Miles Trahan Burger Experiment

• Can he only eat just one?
  • The Walking Dead
Re: "V for Vendetta" is out tomorrow
« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2006, 07:33:12 PM »
Shameless bump for VfV respect, I finally bought this today. $25 damage, but I got it with a nifty lenticular cover and the first part of the graphic novel mini-ized (uneeded, but appreciated anyway  :P)...
BKO

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #121 on: August 10, 2006, 07:35:50 PM »
Shameless bump for VfV respect, I finally bought this today. $25 damage, but I got it with a nifty lenticular cover and the first part of the graphic novel mini-ized (uneeded, but appreciated anyway  :P)...
Damn, I don't think I've ever spent that much on a single movie...
AMC

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2006, 07:37:05 PM »
I've done worse. Criterions for almost $40 =  :'(
BKO

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2006, 07:38:06 PM »
I've done worse. Criterions for almost $40 =  :'(
Yea, fuck that. I'm a bargain hunter, especially when it comes to DVDs. I wait for the 2 for $15, 3 for $20, etc. deals at Best Buy for a lot of DVDs.
AMC

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2006, 07:39:32 PM »
Same with me, but some Criterion movies are worth the price and most/all of them NEVER get marked down  :-\
BKO

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2006, 07:40:32 PM »
Same with me, but some Criterion movies are worth the price and most/all of them NEVER get marked down  :-\
Yea, it blows.  :yuck
AMC

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2006, 07:41:33 PM »
 :hurr "Ya t0taLLie"
BKO

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2006, 08:14:43 PM »

Good taste my man. I'm impressed.

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2006, 08:16:53 PM »
Oh fuck, PD just told me I had good taste. I need to take a shower  :-\

I'M ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO RECOMMENDED IT TO YOU, SMALL STACK!!!!  :P
BKO

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2006, 08:26:45 PM »
Oh shit, you're right :lol

I've seen it two more times since my first viewing. I'll buy it when the price goes down.

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2006, 08:28:32 PM »
I was gonna wait and buy it used at Hollywood Video, but I had the money in my pocket and the freebies hooked me. Damn you, Target Greatland!!!!  >:(
BKO

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2006, 08:33:05 PM »
I'd like to give a big "FUCK YOU BITCHES" shoutout to all the Hollywood Video chains in America.

Fuckers have sold me FOUR used DVDs either

1) covered in syurp
2) literally cracked
3) smudged to death
4) with chocolate on them

And then they refuse to show you the DVD before you buy it. I bought all four at the same time, and haven't been back since

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2006, 08:38:01 PM »
Wha? That must be a ghetto'd out Hollywood Video. Mine always lets me take a peek at the used DVDs before I but them, and includes (free of charge) lifetime warranties on all of them  :cookiem
BKO

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #133 on: August 10, 2006, 09:21:52 PM »
It's in Ann Arbor lol, the cream of the crop city of Michigan. San Fransisco of the north. I can't stand these distinguished mentally-challenged fellows :lol

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2006, 09:23:58 PM »
*closes eyes* "DON'T YOU JUST LOOOOOOOOOVE MY NEW HYBRID?!"  :P
BKO

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2006, 09:31:47 PM »
Uppity conspiracy theorist smelly hair four eyed Bush hating Coke boycotting terrorists every one of them!

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2006, 09:34:00 PM »
Uppity conspiracy theorist smelly hair four eyed Bush hating Coke boycotting terrorists every one of them!

WHO, ME?!
BKO

Cyanista

• IGNORE ME
« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2006, 09:37:00 PM »
The matrix sequels actually were utter crap.  I have never heard more pretentious, meaningless drivel in all my years of going to see movies.

Reloaded, at least, had some cool fight scenes.  Everything else from that movie (and all of the third) have been wiped from my memory with lots of hard work and marijuana.

Too bad, too, because the first Matrix was so fresh and so clean.

V is out-fucking-standing, though. 
omg

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2006, 09:37:58 PM »
Meh, I liked Revolutions' man-droids versus machines scenes more than any of the fights in Reloaded  :-\
BKO

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2006, 09:40:43 PM »
If these conspiracy theorist assholes had half of V's intelligence, I wouldn't complain about them. But they don't. So we're treated to their never changing ideas, and "proof"

Step One: Make an asinine conspiracy theory

Bush killed Pope John Paul in his sleep. To make matters worse, his great grandfather sold the fuel to Japan that was used to propel their planes to Pearl Harbor!

Step Two: Get some C-movie "celebrity" to believe your theory, and then use him as proof

Tony Danza believes Bush killed the pope! It must be right!

Step Three: Get a barely qualified teacher from MIT to scientifically explain your theory

Mr. William Dubley, who is in charge of the Custodian Workers Association at fucking MIT says he believes...

Step Four: profit

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2006, 09:42:19 PM »
My parents wanted to move to Vermont. Fucking VERMONT. I'm glad I dodged THAT bullet  :hyper
BKO

Cyanista

• IGNORE ME
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2006, 09:49:03 PM »
If these conspiracy theorist assholes had half of V's intelligence, I wouldn't complain about them. But they don't. So we're treated to their never changing ideas, and "proof"

Bush killed Pope John Paul in his sleep. To make matters worse, his great grandfather sold the fuel to Japan that was used to propel their planes to Pearl Harbor!

Step Two: Get some C-movie "celebrity" to believe your theory, and then use him as proof

Step Three: Get a barely qualified teacher from MIT to scientifically explain your theory

Mr. William Dubley, who is in charge of the Custodian Workers Association at fucking MIT says he believes...

You're kind of stupid, aren't you?  Don't lie, I've sussed you out.
omg

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2006, 09:53:46 PM »

You're kind of stupid, aren't you?  Don't lie, I've sussed you out.
:lol

And how so? I've talked to enough conspiracy assholes to know their talking points, thank you very much. I hate to see them multiply. They're poisoning the left just like the religious assholes poisoned the right. And it makes me sad - being a liberal with a brain is rather lonely for me.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2006, 03:13:39 AM »
And how so? I've talked to enough conspiracy assholes to know their talking points, thank you very much. I hate to see them multiply. They're poisoning the left just like the religious assholes poisoned the right. And it makes me sad - being a liberal with a brain is rather lonely for me.
How many high-ranking or influential Democrats buy into this stuff, compared with how much fealty the GOP owes the religious right?  It's a pretty false equivalence at this point.  Maybe several years from now it will be a serious issue, though I doubt it.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2006, 07:40:51 PM »
I saw the film and rather enjoyed it.  However, I totally feel Alan Moore's complaints are valid and the ending negates the whole point he was selling with his graphic novel.  That said, this is a movie and if it works cinematically, then source material be damned.   Peter Benchley knew this when they made Jaws, why can't Alan Moore accept this?

Hugo Weaving was on his game, so was Portman, but it was Stephen Rea and his performance as Inspector Finch that really sold the film (in my opinion).  There's not really a weak link there.  I think the Portman jail sequence and Finch recounting his "feelings" to a montage of current events are the most memorable, which makes me raise my eyebrow to the fact that the Wachowski Bros. felt they had to do the whole solidarity stand thing at the end.

This was my first listen to foriegn composer Dario Marianelli, and his score is pretty great.  I'll definitely be keeping an eye out on his other scores in the near future.

At any rate, good flick.  And someone give William Hurt more work, please.
PSP

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2006, 07:42:42 PM »
I saw the film and rather enjoyed it.  However, I totally feel Alan Moore's complaints are valid and the ending negates the whole point he was selling with his graphic novel.  That said, this is a movie and if it works cinematically, then source material be damned.   Peter Benchley knew this when they made Jaws, why can't Alan Moore accept this?

Hugo Weaving was on his game, so was Portman, but it was Stephen Rea and his performance as Inspector Finch that really sold the film (in my opinion).  There's not really a weak link there.  I think the Portman jail sequence and Finch recounting his "feelings" to a montage of current events are the most memorable, which makes me raise my eyebrow to the fact that the Wachowski Bros. felt they had to do the whole solidarity stand thing at the end.

This was my first listen to foriegn composer Dario Marianelli, and his score is pretty great.  I'll definitely be keeping an eye out on his other scores in the near future.

At any rate, good flick.  And someone give William Hurt more work, please.

I agree totally. Although, could you shed light on Moore's complaints with the ending of the movie? I know he was upset about the movie, but I don't know why so to speak.

Diablos

« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2006, 07:42:47 PM »
Watched it today, thank you netflix for not fucking me over with a long wait time.

Excellent movie. I feel like watching it again.

Solo

« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2006, 07:29:03 AM »
You mean John Hurt, Willco. From Alien and V For Vendetta. William Hurt is from Dark City and A History Of Violence.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2006, 12:23:13 PM »
Sorry, I was tired and confused!  BOTH NEED MORE WORK.
PSP

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2006, 12:38:11 PM »
How many high-ranking or influential Democrats buy into this stuff, compared with how much fealty the GOP owes the religious right?  It's a pretty false equivalence at this point.  Maybe several years from now it will be a serious issue, though I doubt it.

I'm not referencing high ranking democrats. I'm concerned about the base, which is rapidly shifting to the far left.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2006, 01:29:40 PM »
Phoenix Dark, I really think you have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about. The folks who gravitate towards Randi Rhodes' messageboard are hadly an adequate sample of liberal thought; that's like assuming all videogamers are gay based on GAF's OT board.

Or worse, assuming conservatives are rapidly degenerating into slavering fascist jackboots based on the Free Republic forums. :o :o Effete conservative apologists like Christopher Hitchens would cry at the association!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 01:34:06 PM by Drinky Crow »
duc

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2006, 02:14:03 PM »
Good point. Sadly, it misses its mark.

There is no denying that the liberal base is rapidly moving to the far left. It's gaining far too much momentum, and it constantly supports poor candidates. Dean was the beginning of the end. The internet is breeding this movement, and I'm quite tired of it.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 02:28:44 PM by Phoenix Dark »

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2006, 02:32:45 PM »
ATTN PHEONIX DARK: Abandon Ship!!!

BKO

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #153 on: August 13, 2006, 02:34:51 PM »
I think you have absolutely no empirical evidence.
duc