Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 1871987 times)

MMaRsu

Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #28380 on: June 12, 2021, 05:25:17 AM »
It was fun playing the hl2 leak thats for sure but I remember there wasnt even a whole lot of it playable right?

Mr Gilhaney

• RegisteredFlexOffender
« Reply #28381 on: June 12, 2021, 05:29:05 AM »
The half life 2 leak, or the fucking stalker leaks back in the day were sensational. loved every minute of trying to play that shit.

manhunt 2 beta that got leaked through sony was also quite something to play through. semi broken, but some hilarious stuff that wasnt in the final product after it got unbanned.

Yeah, because those weren't just people trying to steal whatever they can to sell and make money for China/Russia/whoever.

Was fun when leaks were like actual people trying to get unfinished games/demos out to the public. Like I played the shit out of the Tony Hawk 1 leaked E3 demo which was Roswell.

Oh yeah, that is what I meant. Kind of miss that. We had a guy was back in the day who worked for Sony at the time in the UK, and he told the story about how the guy leaked the manhunt beta. The idiot posted it online from their own work pc's.  :lol

As you can imagine, Sony were not popular at Rockstar at that time

It was fun playing the hl2 leak thats for sure but I remember there wasnt even a whole lot of it playable right?

Not that much no. But enough that some Russian stores had it in stores.

MMaRsu

« Reply #28382 on: June 12, 2021, 05:43:58 AM »
All I remember is the messing around on the beach level, fucking with ant lions who didnt even react, operating the crane.
... But it could have been more but thats all I can remember playing lol.. also downloading that leak on what was it, early dsl? 😂. It must not have been too big

Nintex

• Abdul Abdul you can't shoot our soldiers
« Reply #28383 on: June 12, 2021, 06:10:43 AM »
I believe it had bits and pieces of Ravenholm as well. But it didn't have all the traps and the preacher yet.

As far as I remember you indeed started out at the docks with the crane and the car and not the slums of City 17.
The design of buildings and city also was based on US architecture and not Eastern Europe as in the final game.
There was a Canals map with skyscrapers.

Some bits and pieces (enemy types, weapons, story concepts etc.) cut were later used in EP1, EP2 and Alyx.
'Ship' was a very very early version of the Borealis so that mystery box was included also.

Half Life 2 originally seemed to have been a much bigger game than what we ended up playing.

My brother spend quite some time going through the code and using console commands to get to everything there was to see.
As a half life modder it was pretty easy for him to find ways to play more than just what you could progress through.
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #28384 on: June 12, 2021, 12:10:07 PM »
What's the best way to play Half Life 1 without Steam? I never actually made it all the way through that one (though beat 2 and all the episodes)
^_^

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #28385 on: June 12, 2021, 12:23:57 PM »
Without Steam  :confused

I mean the PS2 version has enhanced character models, and an exclusive co-op campaign. Though I think modders recreated that on PC.
Margs

Bebpo

« Reply #28386 on: June 12, 2021, 12:24:18 PM »
What's the best way to play Half Life 1 without Steam? I never actually made it all the way through that one (though beat 2 and all the episodes)

You don't have any device that can run steam?

Black Mesa is the answer. Not sure if you can get it outside steam. Maybe the pirate way?

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #28387 on: June 12, 2021, 12:27:31 PM »

Black Mesa is the answer. Not sure if you can get it outside steam. Maybe the pirate way?

Well I have a laptop with decent specs but not a fan of Steam. Was hoping for something more drm free, I get why the game isn't on GOG but that's where I usually go for my PC games.
Worse comes to worse I can get one of those USB DVD readers and try and track down a big box copy of the game from the 90s. I have the Half Life Holiday 2006 collection but I think that might require Steam. Probably should just pirate at this point since I already "own" it.
^_^

Nintex

« Reply #28388 on: June 12, 2021, 05:44:09 PM »

Lmao you fucking clowns you
🤴

Quaker

« Reply #28389 on: June 12, 2021, 06:08:41 PM »

Well I have a laptop with decent specs but not a fan of Steam. Was hoping for something more drm free, I get why the game isn't on GOG but that's where I usually go for my PC games.
Worse comes to worse I can get one of those USB DVD readers and try and track down a big box copy of the game from the 90s. I have the Half Life Holiday 2006 collection but I think that might require Steam. Probably should just pirate at this point since I already "own" it.
If you want to be weird I guess you could play the near-final Dreamcast port that was cancelled at the last minute?

Bebpo

« Reply #28390 on: June 12, 2021, 06:29:57 PM »
So those Switch Pro tweets got me to watch the Rabbids trailer expecting to see next-gen Switch Pro visuals.

It looks...like Switch graphics? I don't see anything in the gameplay trailer that looks any better than current switch games?

Nintex

« Reply #28391 on: June 12, 2021, 06:43:06 PM »
So those Switch Pro tweets got me to watch the Rabbids trailer expecting to see next-gen Switch Pro visuals.

It looks...like Switch graphics? I don't see anything in the gameplay trailer that looks any better than current switch games?
That's why they are clowns.

Those screenshots are always higher res (mostly because of print) and the 'better looking' footage was clearly a cinematic.
🤴

Tuckers Law

« Reply #28392 on: June 12, 2021, 06:49:34 PM »
I would be fine with Nintendo cancelling anything switch pro just to make goons like Schreeir eat shit.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #28393 on: June 13, 2021, 06:06:39 AM »
Buying a bunch of old shit on the Xbox store just to play them with FPS boost.

Mad Max at 120 fps baby!!!

MMaRsu

« Reply #28394 on: June 13, 2021, 03:13:49 PM »
This game is a lot of fun

benjipwns

« Reply #28395 on: June 14, 2021, 03:17:02 AM »
Just pirate it, it's probably super easy to find a good version. I mean, I'd try to argue you should just install Steam and activate that CD Key you already have and install it (and any of the expansions you want since they activate with those keys) off there, then once you're done just uninstall everything and go back to no-DRM life. But I understand principles.

Second best choice is probably the PS2 version. That's a "completed" version of the Dreamcast port.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #28396 on: June 14, 2021, 01:38:43 PM »
Does Valve really make you pay for Half Life 25 years later? Lmao just make that shit abandonware at this point
fat

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #28397 on: June 14, 2021, 01:41:18 PM »
It's been free before, but they put it back in the vault.

https://store.steampowered.com/oldnews/57848
©@©™

Nintex

« Reply #28399 on: June 15, 2021, 03:28:09 PM »
Why are people so hostile against insiders  ???

We only promised
Master Chief in Smash Bros.
Nintendo Switch Pro
New Donkey Kong game
BOTW2 releasing in 2021 for sure
Odessey 2

Don't you understand, Nintendo pulled Metroid Prime 4 at the last minute.
🤴

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #28400 on: June 15, 2021, 05:33:25 PM »
Schreeeeeeeeeier is such a baby :lol

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #28401 on: June 15, 2021, 09:58:47 PM »
goddamn i cannot stand shrier. such a nauseating figure
◕‿◕

Pissy F Benny

• You've got no chance, no chance in heck
« Reply #28403 on: June 16, 2021, 10:43:18 AM »
I like how that goof thinks he's a big shot who is in the know :lol

I can at least understand Scheierer having a bit of an ego, he's broke stories and has contacts and is one of the big dogs in the game, imran is basically the mail room kid of games journalism :neogaf

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #28404 on: June 16, 2021, 11:22:19 AM »
When Nintendo announces a new console in 2021 2022 2023 you will be ashamed of your words and deeds!
©@©™

MMaRsu

« Reply #28405 on: June 16, 2021, 12:49:00 PM »
Imram Khan more like Imram Khant

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #28406 on: June 16, 2021, 08:17:30 PM »
If either of them are NDA'd with Nintendo or subsidiaries, they could be in serious trouble.

Raist

Nintex

« Reply #28408 on: June 17, 2021, 04:55:03 AM »
Those leaks usually spring from low level sources. QA testers, PR firms, event organizers, recruiters, interns, contractor portfolio's, distribution channels, retail etc.
A lot of publishers also do a show and tell, where they share what they're working on with the other teams.
This is very common for the big bois like Embracer and Ubisoft.

Seldom do developers leak since that is the end of their career. It's almost never the 'games' that leak, only trailers, promo's, announcements.
In that case it is mostly people saying a bit too much in social gatherings and conferences or just being too excited about their project.

The most difficult part is not finding leaks, those are everywhere. The most difficult part is connecting the dots.
One of the biggest sources for Nintendo leaks for a while was their European branches because they weren't as centralized, had to outsource most of their work and it was usually just 1 or 2 PR persons in charge of an entire market.

The most significant change in the leak process is the speculation. It used to be that a title like would leak and that was that.
Now people come up with wild theories what it could or should be. Plus Nintendo is starting to weed them out systematically with their own controlled leaks and rumors.
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28409 on: June 17, 2021, 07:51:32 AM »
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/06/tetris-effect-connected-coming-to-ps4-epic-games-store-steam-and-oculus-quest-alongside-cross-platform-play-in-late-july

Tetris Effect: Connected will come to the PlayStation 4, Epic Games Store, and Oculus Quest versions of Tetris Effect as a free update, as well as to Steam for the first time, in late July, developer Enhance Games announced.

At the same time, cross-platform play will be enabled across all current versions of the game, including the Steam version, and bonus features such as a Spectator Mode will be added. Owner’s and invite-only beta tests for cross-platform play will soon begin.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28410 on: June 17, 2021, 10:22:54 AM »
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #28411 on: June 17, 2021, 10:26:39 AM »
They look fucking terrible :show

Coffee Dog

« Reply #28412 on: June 17, 2021, 12:51:31 PM »
Silver over Tails wtf  :lol

But Mighty is included in the second set  :gladbron

Spieler1

« Reply #28413 on: June 17, 2021, 12:55:47 PM »
Silver over Tails wtf  :lol

Hedgehog racism? :cat

Sonic Mania is free on EGS next week btw.

Mr Gilhaney

• RegisteredFlexOffender
« Reply #28414 on: June 17, 2021, 08:29:36 PM »

« Reply #28415 on: June 17, 2021, 11:55:38 PM »
. The animated PS Studios logo that plays ahead of first-party games glows blue for a moment, creating a… blue box
· The Blue BOX Game Studios logo is basically PlayStation Studios logo colors inverted.
· One of their cancelled games named; Lost Tapes is a soundtrack in Metal Gear Solid V
· Sam in the new Death Stranding Director`s Cut Trailer uses a backpack with the Netherlands logo. Blue Box Studios is supposedly based in Netherlands.
· Hasan had Youtube Channel Called 'Twentyseven27' (Silent Hills was cancelled on April 27th)

Well with fool proof evidence like this, that's me convinced.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #28416 on: June 18, 2021, 03:28:28 AM »
Why would Kojima involve himself with a Konami IP even if it's licensed out to Sony?

They didn't seem to part on good terms and I don't think Konami would like an IP they still own being associated with connections that jaded gamers would use as their hint hints. Abandoned, the day the game was canceled, and so on. The coincidences read more like things made by fans than anything. Things made by fans that know other fans would notice them.

They don't at all read like actual clever things backed by an actual marketing budget.

If this is just a cheap indie game riding the curtails of Silent Hill's legacy then honestly fuck them.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 03:33:09 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Nintex

« Reply #28417 on: June 18, 2021, 04:20:41 AM »
It's weird, this is their official address:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Vingboonshof+23,+2321+EW+Leiden/@52.1415235,4.4784189,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x47c5c65b88110ce7:0x6ee98926eb2e009f!8m2!3d52.1415235!4d4.4806076

If there was a big game studio in Leiden, I would certainly know about it as I go there daily (well during COVID weekly) to my offices. And there's only a handful of game studios in the Netherlands big enough that they have access to PS5 devkits.
So either this is a wfh thing or they have offices overseas but there is no Blue Box Games office in Leiden with the manpower needed to create a PS5 game. It would certainly have been in the press.
According to the Dutch chamber of commerce it is registered as a small business (< 15 employees).

I dunno, it could be that they've just recently scaled up. But I don't buy it. It doesn't make any sense.
A while ago Guerilla moved to new offices and then expanded. If the rumor pans out and this is a Kojima thing than my best guess is that Guerilla is working on it.
They have the manpower to do such a project and it would be quite easy for them or one of their team members to create a shell company.

For Kojima himself it would be nigh impossible to just 'register' a company in the Netherlands without a go between.
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #28419 on: June 18, 2021, 05:25:18 AM »
Why do people even see Kojima as the Silent Hill guy? Keiichiro Toyama is still around, that's the Silent Hill guy.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #28420 on: June 18, 2021, 07:50:47 AM »
Why do people even see Kojima as the Silent Hill guy? Keiichiro Toyama is still around, that's the Silent Hill guy.
PT's popularity.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #28421 on: June 18, 2021, 08:29:42 AM »
Yeah as a big SH fanboy, it's one of those things that triggers my impotent nerd rage, even though i enjoyed PT.
Although to me Ito is probably more of the Silent Hill guy, just because most of the iconic elements of the series come from him (namely environment and monster design).

Raist

« Reply #28422 on: June 18, 2021, 09:28:13 AM »
Why would Kojima involve himself with a Konami IP even if it's licensed out to Sony?

Because Sony bought Konami, got rid of all the execs and will put Kojima in charge :rollsafe

Spieler1

« Reply #28423 on: June 18, 2021, 11:52:26 AM »
https://twitter.com/BBGameStudios/status/1404924897340674049

:whatisthis
wtf happened here

PT's popularity.

PT's popularity among people who don't know anything about Silent Hill.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28424 on: June 18, 2021, 11:53:27 AM »
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/06/epic-games-store-database-lists-final-fantasy-vii-remake-alan-wake-remastered

Epic Games Store data tracker Epic Games Data has uncovered listings for Final Fantasy VII Remake and Alan Wake Remastered.

Both titles are listed as code-names (“Pineapple QA” for Final Fantasy VII Remake, and “HeronStaging” for Alan Wake Remastered), but the “CloudSaveFolder” property reveals the true identity of each title:

“Pineapple QA” – “{UserDir}/My Games/FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE/EOS/{EpicID}/”
“HeronStaging” – “{UserDir}/Remedy/AlanWakeRemastered/”
The final trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, the newly launched PlayStation 5 version of Final Fantasy VII Remake, revealed the game will only be available on PlayStation 5 for at least six months before it is available on any other format, meaning that a PC version could release as early as December 10.

The publishing rights for the original Alan Wake were returned to Remedy Entertainment from original publisher Microsoft back in July 2019. And Epic Games announced a multiple game publishing deal with Remedy Entertainment back in March 2020.

Thanks, @Wario64.
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #28425 on: June 18, 2021, 11:58:50 AM »
Fucking soyny money hats, I'd totally replay FF7remake if it was on gamepass :doge

Nintex

« Reply #28426 on: June 18, 2021, 12:51:31 PM »
https://twitter.com/BBGameStudios/status/1404924897340674049
I see the tax man called

"Soooo we've heard a rumor you have 150 employees and an office in Japan mr. 'start up' " :success

Anyhow I need to start asking around where these guys actually have their offices in Leiden :thinking
🤴

MMaRsu

« Reply #28427 on: June 18, 2021, 01:36:52 PM »
Fucking soyny money hats, I'd totally replay FF7remake if it was on gamepass :doge

And now Epic moneyhats too lmao the ultimate greed from SE

Good luck seeing my money

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #28428 on: June 18, 2021, 01:54:30 PM »
your loss, its a great game :trumps

Nintex

« Reply #28429 on: June 18, 2021, 01:55:25 PM »
You're broke all the time anyway :trumps
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28430 on: June 18, 2021, 02:23:45 PM »
You're just going to torrent it anyway :trumps
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #28431 on: June 18, 2021, 02:40:10 PM »
:trumps

Nintex

« Reply #28432 on: June 18, 2021, 02:57:47 PM »

We feastin' bois :rejoice
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28434 on: June 19, 2021, 11:06:42 PM »
https://www.techradar.com/amp/news/xbox-series-x-is-seeing-phenomenal-growth-in-japan-no-seriously

:leon

Without giving out real numbers, there's not much here [other than that the Xbox is currently selling better than usual]. But the Xbox has been selling like garbage in Japan forever, outside of a brief sting of semi-okayish sales during the early 360 years.

As it is, there aren't any Xbox games in the Famitsu Top 30, which has a threshold of about 1,600-1,800 units in any given week.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #28435 on: June 20, 2021, 12:00:53 AM »
Growing from 10 sales per week to 50 sales per week, that 500% growth! Fastest growing market for xbox!!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28436 on: June 20, 2021, 01:05:39 AM »
Growing from 10 sales per week to 50 sales per week, that 500% growth! Fastest growing market for xbox!!

You just know that's what everyone is thinking about this.  :P

As it is, there aren't any Xbox games in the Famitsu Top 30, which has a threshold of about 1,600-1,800 units in any given week.

I don't know where they get their sales data from- do they track digital sales now?  What about online-only shops like Amazon?  But regardless, the console sales are still low.  Maybe better compared to the XBox One?
:hmm
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #28437 on: June 20, 2021, 02:21:58 AM »
Japan realizing that GamePass is worldwide like Jesus
fat

Svejk

« Reply #28438 on: June 20, 2021, 03:50:30 AM »
They're only buying them because they can't find a PS5.  :betty

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #28439 on: June 20, 2021, 04:16:13 AM »
Or because the PS5 is bigger than the appartment they live in.