Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3844758 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #54780 on: November 14, 2019, 11:44:23 PM »
As someone who actually regularly checks the Staff List, this guy wasn't entirely wrong: https://www.resetera.com/threads/where-is-the-communication-from-mods-admins-on-trans-topics.153137/

They removed the permalinks that go directly to it, you have to go to the FAQ then to the second question if you don't know the URL itself. I wouldn't be surprised that non-doxxers are unable to find it easily since there's no sticky thread or anything, it's sorta hidden like NeoGAF.com eventually did.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #54781 on: November 14, 2019, 11:46:09 PM »
two sysadmins to run a XenForo board :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #54782 on: November 14, 2019, 11:46:57 PM »
I mean, OniLink already requested a ban, and rightly too. We're already losing people. I'm only on one Discord that discusses trans issues and I've already seen quite a few people expressing the fact that they don't feel like this is a safe community for them.
What I can say is that as a trans person, I really enjoy this site but don’t feel safe or comfortable at all if a thread has anything to do with trans issues
And honestly the flood of staff posting in this thread make things seem rather intimidating.
You are failing the transgender community in a major, major way.
:fbm

Boredfrom

« Reply #54783 on: November 14, 2019, 11:47:52 PM »
Wait, she admits she ignored some of her earlier diagnosis and she feels better for now following that treatment.  :thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #54784 on: November 14, 2019, 11:50:24 PM »
I'd like to know Ms.Galaxy's take on this whole affair but I think they might be dead or held in one of THQNordic's rape pens.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54785 on: November 14, 2019, 11:50:34 PM »
As someone who actually regularly checks the Staff List, this guy wasn't entirely wrong: https://www.resetera.com/threads/where-is-the-communication-from-mods-admins-on-trans-topics.153137/

They removed the permalinks that go directly to it, you have to go to the FAQ then to the second question if you don't know the URL itself. I wouldn't be surprised that non-doxxers are unable to find it easily since there's no sticky thread or anything, it's sorta hidden like NeoGAF.com eventually did.

Do you mean the active staff link?  You just go to the Announcements section on the home page.  It's not sorta-hidden or anything.  ???

Top of the page Mai Shiranui cosplay for good boys and girls  :nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
ど助平

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #54786 on: November 14, 2019, 11:50:47 PM »
I think we need to appoint a special counsel to look into this secret discord and this so-called "not aphobic" mod. If the Cerium administration can silence a whistleblower this easily, who knows what other crimes they've committed.

We should start by seizing the server before they acid wash it.
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #54787 on: November 14, 2019, 11:52:04 PM »
Quote from: SweetNicole
For the record, I've spoken with Ketkat and shown her an earlier draft of this post to make sure she was ok with me some of these revealing details.

Ketkat and a former moderator were, and still are, in a relationship. Part of that time during the relationship, the moderator was doing active moderation work as part of volunteering at ReseteEra. Being that they were frequently around each other, it isn't any stretch of imagination to say the moderator talked about moderation work with their partner or that they saw their partner's phone from time to time and so on. Something that I'm sure KetKat can attest to herself.

This isn't hacking. Ketkat didn't log into her partner's discord or something to try and dig up information. And I really don't think it is fair to associate with it abuse either - which implies there was some nefarious intent or plan on Ketkat's part in her relationship with her partner which is absolutely not the case. Really, they just love each other, and I'm sure ResetEra came up as part of normal conversations in a relationship. I know when I'm on the phone around my partner, we often talk about what we're browsing or doing - particularly when that job is something that is high stress and takes up a lot of a person's free time. It makes me sad to see a great relationship between two of my friends characterized in such a way.

ResetEra moderation isn't something that requires some security clearance. It isn't serious business. Granted, staff has always taken the time to try and keep things secure as best they can. Still, part of life is sharing things with your partner, and I don't think things that happen on ResetEra staff is such a thing to warrant absolute secrecy.

Speaking on the circumstances about this, the channel the message took place in is a private channel on the discord server intended for minority members of staff. It's a general support, friendship, and love channel with occasionally some discussion - at least it was when I was in there. Honestly, it is tame, lovely stuff, and it isn't anything serious. There was, and is, however, an expectation of privacy in there, sort of a 'this is your sanctuary here, what happens in Vegas stays in vegas' sort of deal so people felt comfortable bringing up things.

From the staff side, particularly for minority members of staff, I can understand how they felt that their trust and sanctuary was violated. I'm sure if I was on staff right about now, I'd probably be a bit upset too to find that someone was sharing details of that private chat with someone not in the room. At the end of the day, staff members, like anyone else, have an expectation to privacy, particularly minority members of staff who are often targets of harassment in general.

On the issue in question regarding the alleged conversation that took place, I'm not going to comment on except to say that what happens in an internal staff server is ultimately internal staff business, and the comments of any single person on staff shouldn't effect the hard work that staff put in behind the scenes every day. Whether or not the conversation happened, who was involved, if they believed what they said, and so on is moot, hearsay, and a distraction from the real goal of Ketkat's post which was to shine a light on feedback for how the forum can be a better place for those who browse it.

I'd ask y'all to not lose the focus on the bigger issues here. And please, don't paint this a staff only problem. I know staff has made their fair share of mistakes, but if we're being honest here, the community discourse around these issues has been shit for a long while too, regardless of anything that staff does or doesn't do. I know it isn't possible to completely root out unsavory individuals, but in an ideal circumstance, how these issues are moderated wouldn't be as much of an issue in the first place if the community got its act together. There's room for improvement here from everyone.

Holy shit, SweetNicole, you also fucked a girl and that girl got obvious special privileges until the mod team got pissed off.  :lol

Go fuck yourself.

shosta

« Reply #54788 on: November 14, 2019, 11:52:50 PM »
Top of the page Mai Shiranui cosplay for good boys and girls
pretty disappointed in this exclusionary language.
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #54789 on: November 14, 2019, 11:53:05 PM »
Do you mean the active staff link?  You just go to the Announcements section on the home page.  It's not sorta-hidden or anything.  ???
Oh good, they fixed that, it used to go to a thread that actually was not the Active Staff List.

benjipwns

« Reply #54790 on: November 14, 2019, 11:55:09 PM »
For the record, I've spoken with Ketkat and shown her an earlier draft of this post to make sure she was ok with me some of these revealing details.

Ketkat and a former moderator were, and still are, in a relationship. Part of that time during the relationship, the moderator was doing active moderation work as part of volunteering at ReseteEra.
Know how I know this is a legitimate SweetNicole post?

shosta

« Reply #54791 on: November 14, 2019, 11:55:14 PM »
I know when I'm on the phone around my partner, we often talk about what we're browsing or doing - particularly when that job is something that is high stress and takes up a lot of a person's free time.
ResetEra moderation isn't something that requires some security clearance. It isn't serious business.
:hmm
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #54792 on: November 14, 2019, 11:56:34 PM »
Quote from: Royalan
The moderator in question is not aphobic, transphobic, or anything of the sort, and in fact cares very deeply and personally about LGBTQ+ issues. That is a large part of why we find this ordeal upsetting

:thinking

:ohyou :ufup
[close]

shosta

« Reply #54793 on: November 14, 2019, 11:57:06 PM »
locked  :hyper
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #54794 on: November 14, 2019, 11:57:58 PM »
Royalan is totally the transphobic mod.

benjipwns

« Reply #54795 on: November 14, 2019, 11:58:34 PM »
I know she's busy with her 84 month loan but I'd like to hear Nepenthe's take on all these crackers with their cracker problems when there's still no legal recourse for a black person to use against a white person saying the n-word.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54796 on: November 14, 2019, 11:59:00 PM »
What's bore policy on moderator dating?

shosta

« Reply #54797 on: November 14, 2019, 11:59:15 PM »
I don't know who the acephobic mod is but whoever they are... I'm gonna break their ribs on da fuckin pavement
每天生气

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #54798 on: November 15, 2019, 12:00:04 AM »
Haha benji is posting on neogaf with fucking ManaByte and shit

Who here spanked him so hard that he lowered his standards further?
serge

Boredfrom

« Reply #54799 on: November 15, 2019, 12:00:43 AM »
I bet that mod is going to vote for Kamala Harris and was in love with Hillary Clinton.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #54800 on: November 15, 2019, 12:02:16 AM »
don't ask don't tell  ;)

ResetBanBot

« Reply #54801 on: November 15, 2019, 12:04:51 AM »
Fuck off cheeseburgers, we're too busy fucking members and leaking info to them. Bring it up in PMs so we can ban you.

If you send me pics of your feminine penis maybe you'll get special privileges though :-*

benjipwns

« Reply #54802 on: November 15, 2019, 12:05:05 AM »
We live in a time where trans are being openly mocked, look at the last south park episode and the responses to it on social media.It's not safe out there for a lot of us.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #54803 on: November 15, 2019, 12:07:48 AM »

It’s ok, but only if you are related.

benjipwns

« Reply #54804 on: November 15, 2019, 12:08:20 AM »

The benji shitposting network has been expanding dramatically ever since the success of the @BenjiSales division.

Talks are underway to replace Kotaku.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54805 on: November 15, 2019, 12:08:29 AM »
We live in a time where trans are being openly mocked, look at the last south park episode and the responses to it on social media.It's not safe out there for a lot of us.

I love how he completely missed the point of that episode.   :lol
ど助平

Boredfrom

« Reply #54806 on: November 15, 2019, 12:08:43 AM »

>Having standards.

benjipwns

« Reply #54807 on: November 15, 2019, 12:10:59 AM »
The radical feminist and conservative subreddits are having a huge jerk off because of this episode. South Park can claim it wasn't their intention to mock transwomen but clearly that's what people who hate transwomen are getting was the intention.
This is southpark in a nutshell. It’s amazing how much fuel it gives to the most terrible people.

benjipwns

« Reply #54808 on: November 15, 2019, 12:11:37 AM »
This thread is...interesting...after watching the episode.
Do go on, please. I'm so fucking tired of these drive by dog whistles.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #54809 on: November 15, 2019, 12:11:47 AM »
Top of the page Mai Shiranui cosplay for good boys and girls  :nsfw
[close]

:whew That's actually a pretty good one. Though I'm not sure what is up with the leather booties.

>Having standards.

>TVC talking shit about standards
>When he'd kill everyone here if he could

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #54810 on: November 15, 2019, 12:13:59 AM »
Has anyone pinpointed why discussion of trans issues is so high relative to the general population? It’s a recurring discussion on RE while I’m sure like 99% of people have never even met a trans person.

benjipwns

« Reply #54811 on: November 15, 2019, 12:17:09 AM »
TVC doesn't realize that he, like filler, are needed on the new NeoGAF.com to teach them the true meaning of the new "free speech" policy.

benjipwns

« Reply #54812 on: November 15, 2019, 12:18:09 AM »
Has anyone pinpointed why discussion of trans issues is so high relative to the general population? It’s a recurring discussion on RE while I’m sure like 99% of people have never even met a trans person.
Replace trans issues with Nintendo fandumb issues and you'll understand.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #54813 on: November 15, 2019, 12:19:25 AM »
unban me, lore!

benjipwns

« Reply #54814 on: November 15, 2019, 12:23:25 AM »
the Nazi's on The Farms™ got a cap of that PM that the mods edited out, totally not surprised at who the sender is:

Clockwork5

« Reply #54815 on: November 15, 2019, 12:26:13 AM »
The moderator in question is not aphobic, transphobic, or anything of the sort, and in fact cares very deeply and personally about LGBTQ+ issues. That is a large part of why we find this ordeal upsetting.

You don’t get to tell them what is transphobic. JFC you created the monster, you should know it’s rules.

Boredfrom

« Reply #54816 on: November 15, 2019, 12:28:42 AM »
The moderator in question is not aphobic, transphobic, or anything of the sort, and in fact cares very deeply and personally about LGBTQ+ issues. That is a large part of why we find this ordeal upsetting.

You don’t get to tell them what is transphobic. JFC you created the monster, you should know it’s rules.

Pretty sure he is the mod that initiated all this.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #54817 on: November 15, 2019, 12:30:31 AM »
TVC doesn't realize that he, like filler, are needed on the new NeoGAF.com to teach them the true meaning of the new "free speech" policy.

Hey, I openly begged Evilore to take me back in this thread. You guys know I love an underdog.
serge

shosta

« Reply #54818 on: November 15, 2019, 12:31:32 AM »
rereading your last post on NeoGAF.com :delicious
每天生气

samir

« Reply #54819 on: November 15, 2019, 12:31:32 AM »
Is Royalan a brother?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #54820 on: November 15, 2019, 12:33:11 AM »
??? ::)

nudemacusers

« Reply #54821 on: November 15, 2019, 12:34:02 AM »
reserera ain’t gonna survive election season lmao, esp now that Abuella has been found to be a terf.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

shosta

« Reply #54822 on: November 15, 2019, 12:34:06 AM »
I'd like to know Ms.Galaxy's take on this whole affair but I think they might be dead or held in one of THQNordic's rape pens.
She posted again recently.
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #54823 on: November 15, 2019, 12:34:06 AM »
What a surprise, Royalan is the one updating  that thread with a last comment:

Quote from: Royalan
Alright now that this thread has become about people's personal relationships it's time to close this down. We do appreciate the OP making the thread and regret the way it's ending.

For the record: This was never about what anyone saw when they were looking where they shouldn't. Personally, the idea that someone who was not supposed to have access to our private conversations had access makes me uncomfortable, and that has nothing to do with fear of being "outed" as a secret bigot. It's an invasion of a privacy we're entitled to, its us in our private moments, and us being mods does not give you the right to violate that. To think otherwise is, frankly, not something that sits right with me or anyone else on the staff. I guarantee you'd feel the same in our shoes.

We put in work every day to make this community welcoming to LGBTQ+ members and although recent events may have overshadowed that, we will continue to put in that work because we care. We wouldn't be here otherwise.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-need-to-talk-about-responding-to-trans-related-issues.151194/page-7#post-26480305

benjipwns

« Reply #54824 on: November 15, 2019, 12:34:19 AM »
The KiwiFarms thread is suggesting that all the ResetERA.com admins are now cis white males plus Cerium.

Administrators

B-Dubs (Mod Captain)
Cerium (General Manager)
ColdSun
Hecht
JayC3 (Mod Captain)
Mist (Mod Captain)
The Woods (Mod Captain)

Clockwork5

« Reply #54825 on: November 15, 2019, 12:35:56 AM »

Oh you know who it was. And I guarantee there were misspellings and grammatical errors a plenty during his anti-asexual rant. It must have pissed off KitKat in a real way for it to stick around with her and cause her to seppuku her account.

shosta

« Reply #54826 on: November 15, 2019, 12:36:14 AM »
why are there seven administrators
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #54827 on: November 15, 2019, 12:37:31 AM »
link it if you've got it, I can't seem to find it

or did Lore delete it?

benjipwns

« Reply #54828 on: November 15, 2019, 12:38:38 AM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #54829 on: November 15, 2019, 12:38:59 AM »

Oh you know who it was. And I guarantee there were misspellings and grammatical errors a plenty during his anti-asexual rant. It must have pissed off KitKat in a real way for it to stick around with her and cause her to seppuku her account.

KetKat is a shallow cunt, she totally didn’t expect the mod team going after her. Also Royalan has many problematic opinions (and Slayven doesn’t care enough either way) and he is the one closing the thread .

Clockwork5

« Reply #54830 on: November 15, 2019, 12:39:13 AM »
why are there seven administrators
Dopey, Happy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Grumpy...

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #54831 on: November 15, 2019, 12:41:02 AM »
how long until reresetera

benjipwns

« Reply #54832 on: November 15, 2019, 12:41:38 AM »
It'd actually be a real shame if the most prolific trans posters left ResetERA.com. I had said the site wouldn't make it into 2021 and that might save it.

nudemacusers

« Reply #54833 on: November 15, 2019, 12:42:28 AM »
Hey resetera lurkers, remember when the forum was all about moderation transparency and community first? :girlaff

Its gaf 2.0 now..I mean shit a good number of bans are for ’impugning’ staff.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Boredfrom

« Reply #54834 on: November 15, 2019, 12:43:11 AM »
It'd actually be a real shame if the most prolific trans posters left ResetERA.com. I had said the site wouldn't make it into 2021 and that might save it.

BCT is still there.

nudemacusers

« Reply #54835 on: November 15, 2019, 12:44:59 AM »
The ban in question involves the abuse of a personal relationship between the poster in question and a former moderator. This is now a private matter and not for public discussion. It has nothing to do with the valid feedback in the rest of the post.
Ha how did I miss this... nothing says open to feedback like “shut the fuck up”.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #54836 on: November 15, 2019, 12:45:43 AM »
Hey resetera lurkers, remember when the forum was all about moderation transparency and community first?
https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/24/16536652/neogaf-resetera-forum-scandal-malka
Multiple former NeoGAF members, including moderators, told Polygon that as the implosion and exodus happened over the weekend, they felt stranded. The site went “down for maintenance,” and its members, many of whom had joined NeoGAF when it first launched 11 years ago, very quickly had nowhere to go. The platform they used to connect with friends was either ripped away from them, or they felt that the world they had once belonged to no longer existed, as Polygon learned to be the more common case.

By Sunday, many displaced NeoGAF members flocked to a new Discord server. The Discord, which Polygon was asked to keep anonymous, attracted good- and ill-intentioned individuals who began sharing screenshots on Twitter of conversations. Late Sunday night, the server went into lockdown mode.

One member of the Discord server told Polygon that there were concerns that trolls from popular GamerGate and alt-right forums — including the subreddit KotakuInAction, VOAT, certain 4chan boards and 8chan — were masquerading as legitimate NeoGAF members. The concern was that, once these people got into the Discord, they would leak member information and organize attacks.
Between battling trolls from some of the most nefarious online forums, including 4chan’s /pol/ section, and dealing with the fallout from NeoGAF’s drama, many of the former NeoGAF members announced they were working on a new website: ResetEra. Those who didn’t want to be associated with NeoGAF anymore could jump ship to continue chatting with many of the same names they recognized from the original site.

Many of the people we spoke to described ResetEra as an opportunity to redefine what moderation culture looks like from the ground up. Without worrying about Malka’s presence and reputation, they would be able to set their own rules and guidelines, operating under the internal rules they agreed upon in the earliest of planning stages. Big industry names, including Emily Rogers, Nibellion and Shinobi602 all joined ResetEra with hopes of building a bigger and better forum for the community to thrive in — one that wouldn’t be associated with NeoGAF.

Shinobi602, a known member who stepped back from NeoGAF in March, told Polygon that, for the most part, ResetEra’s moderation and administrative sides will be full of new faces, alongside those notable to longtime followers.

“We see this as a fresh start and an opportunity to build our own moderation culture and aren't really looking for comparisons,” Shinobi602 said. “We hope to be genuinely fair minded, reasonable and transparent. We really want to shape a positive community for everyone. A few moderators may be familiar but for the most part the staff has no connection with other forum staff.”

Shinobi602 said the full staff will be announced “soon,” but he wouldn’t divulge the list at the time of this writing. Part of that is because one of the biggest concerns that many early ResetEra members have is personal security.
Shinobi602 told Polygon that ResetEra staff was prepared for the new wave of attacks on the site (once it goes live) and their community. Part of the way ResetEra’s team is looking to combat any serious harm is by sending out invites to the site in waves, vetting newcomers before opening it up to the public.

Although it’s not a permanent solution to the problem, which moderators are well aware will last for a longer period of time, Shinobi602 is hoping this strategy will at least let the site launch without too many problems.

“Obviously we knew there would be those who would want to harm our community in any way they can from the start, unfortunate as that is,” Shinobi602 said. “We've been working very hard to protect them and will have all hands on deck working to ensure that the launch proceeds as safely and smoothly as possible.”
ResetEra administrators “reached out to communities to vet our people so they could get as many members on the forum as possible without just having a bunch of random users who want to hurt the community join.”

It’s unclear just how strict the vetting process will be when ResetEra launches, but one member told Polygon that conversation with people on the outside is kept to a minimum, to stop other stories from getting out.

The effort to keep the conversation clean and members out of harm’s way requires an extraordinary amount of work, with one member of the locked ResetEra Discord telling Polygon that “those behind the new forum are putting in a ton of effort, the ‘not sleeping a lot’ type of effort.” Shinobi602 told Polygon that although it’s been a strenuous affair, they wanted to do it as a collective; to help house their homeless community.

“Thousands of members of the community were suddenly stranded without any place to go,” Shinobi602 said. “It's really a sight to see so many people gather to create something like this. That community has come together to make this happen.”
One constant for those involved in ResetEra’s construction process — or those cheering from the Discord server’s sidelines — is how remarkably positive the community has been, members told Polygon. People were sad for the original NeoGAF community they lost, one anonymous member said, adding that “this was a community that, despite its issues, was a positive thing for a ton of people for over a decade.” That sense of loss didn’t stop people from coming together in the late hours of Saturday night and wee hours of Sunday morning to start working on something new.

“People are super excited for something new and a change of pace,” Shinobi602 said. “We've had so many people volunteer to help and roll up their sleeves and that response has just been overwhelming. It's clear that we're determined to stick together and make this happen.”

No one would tell Polygon when ResetEra is launching, as the site staff is still figuring it out. But early members noted that as of the time of this writing, the forum is gearing up to go live between 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. ET — around the time of Nintendo’s latest Direct. The near-simultaneous occurrence of these events isn’t lost on the community, which told Polygon that the coincidence was almost poetic in nature. After suffering through the loss of a home, lost NeoGAF members getting a new Animal Crossing game to animatedly discuss with friends on a website built in the original forum’s image seemed just right.

nudemacusers

« Reply #54837 on: November 15, 2019, 12:47:37 AM »
Sorry I choked on my tea at ”big industry names”
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Boredfrom

« Reply #54838 on: November 15, 2019, 12:49:53 AM »
By Sunday, many displaced NeoGAF members flocked to a new Discord server. The Discord, which Polygon was asked to keep anonymous, attracted good- and ill-intentioned individuals who began sharing screenshots on Twitter of conversations.

:kermit

nudemacusers

« Reply #54839 on: November 15, 2019, 12:51:46 AM »
It’s almost like the forum, with ads and a subscription option, was quickly built to seize a business opportunity. :thinking
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽