Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1299892 times)

Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - Summer Malaize
« Reply #3960 on: August 28, 2013, 08:56:12 PM »
CHAR gets cars. And mad pussy.

Cause he's Char.
野球

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3961 on: August 28, 2013, 09:16:11 PM »
Disney Presents: Pixar's Chars
©@©™

« Reply #3962 on: August 28, 2013, 11:17:12 PM »
Hey Magus:

“Even space pirates don't forgive pirating!"
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3963 on: August 28, 2013, 11:28:47 PM »
Guys.

GUYS.

Watch WATAMOTE.

dog

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #3964 on: August 29, 2013, 10:50:14 AM »
Hey Magus:

(Image removed from quote.)

“Even space pirates don't forgive pirating!"

i'm not listening to that old geezer of captain harlock :heh
<----

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #3965 on: August 29, 2013, 11:07:54 AM »
Tonya

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3966 on: August 30, 2013, 09:44:52 PM »
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3967 on: August 30, 2013, 09:55:18 PM »

:gladbron :lawd :mouf :mynicca :noah :whoo :whew :rejoice :phil
dog

hampster

« Reply #3968 on: August 30, 2013, 09:58:50 PM »
The dumber Dog & Scissors gets the better it gets and episode 8 barely made any sense at all :aah
Zzz

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - Space Dandy is...a dandy guy in space.
« Reply #3969 on: August 30, 2013, 10:00:27 PM »
Boobies!
©@©™

hampster

« Reply #3970 on: August 30, 2013, 10:06:44 PM »
New title  :rejoice
Zzz

Tasty

« Reply #3971 on: August 30, 2013, 10:14:30 PM »
It's "A Dandy Guy in The Space." :wag

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3972 on: August 31, 2013, 05:22:03 AM »
Captain Harlock :bow

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3973 on: September 01, 2013, 07:26:54 PM »
It's "A Dandy Guy in The Space." :wag
It adds that needed busted Nihonz flava.

This past week, I told you about the five anime you should be watching this summer. To prepare, I asked Kotaku readers to vote on their picks. The winner by a landslide was Watamote. I am dumbfounded by this. Watamote is, quite simply, the most mean-spirited anime I have ever watched.

Watamote – No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular is ostensibly a comedy about Tomoko, a young high school freshman who, as a master of dating sims, is unable to comprehend why she isn't popular and is unsure how to change and become so.

The problem is, this show isn't a really a comedy. It's a tragedy. Any laughs you get are due to her emotional pain and suffering. And while this is fine if the character is evil and thus getting some kind of karmic comeuppance, Tomoko, as a character, has done nothing worthy of being saddled with the hell that is her life.

Let's be clear here. Tomoko is not simply a nerdy girl who is a little socially awkward. Given the state of her socialization skills, it seems safe to assume she is a girl with a severe social anxiety disorder. And as all the jokes in the series are at her expense, the show really comes off as “let's make fun of the girl with a crippling psychological disorder.”

Which, given the popularity of Watamote, is, apparently, the height of humor.

But you don't have to take my word for it. Let's take a closer look at some of the “comedic” situations in Tomoko's life.

When her homeroom teacher says goodbye to her as she leaves school, she realizes that is the first time she's had any verbal interaction with anyone outside her family in two months. She is so startled she runs away in fear (and joy).

Because crippling social anxiety is “funny.”

Once, she forgets her textbook and is too afraid to borrow one from another student (as she has literally no friends or acquaintances in school) and is then bitched out by the teacher until she cries.

Because emotional abuse by a teacher is “funny.”

She is so socially awkward that the most major social accomplishment to date is ordering at a McDonalds.

Because being barely able to put three words together and thus generally unable to do things we all find so easy to do is “funny.”

At one point, after deciding to improve her social skills, she goes to her brother—one of the few people she can talk to without being overwhelmed by anxiety—to ask him to talk with her for an hour a day. She has to threaten to kill herself to get him to listen to her before she can even ask the favor.

Because having to threaten to kill yourself to get the bare minimum of social interaction from a family member is “funny.”

Another time, she starts wishing to be molested on a train because that at least would mean she's attractive. And then when she actually thinks she is being molested (as something hard is rubbing between her legs), she screams for help in terror—realizing that being molested is not a good thing like she had hoped. It turns out to be a naginata, however, and not a molester.

Because experiencing the feelings of shame, terror, and helplessness one feels when being molested is “funny.”

There has been, to be fair, one laugh-worthy part in the show to date. Feeling depressed, she buys a boys love game and by chance wins third prize in a raffle: a back massager. Thus she finds herself walking down the street with an erotic game in one hand and what looks like a vibrator in the other. This (unlike all the previous examples) is funny. It is a sight gag based on bad luck, nothing more. Her social anxiety has nothing to do with this situation. She is not the butt of the joke.

I hear people like this show because they identify with Tomoko—that they had similar experiences in school and now look back on those experiences with nostalgic humor. But for me, despite being more than a little bit of a social outcast in high school myself, none of this is funny. It's just reveling in the pain of a mentally ill person—laughing at a girl who is even more awkward than they were in order to feel better about their own lives.

And that is just plain fucked up.

:beli
"OMG an awkward social situation played for laughs, how is this funny??"

Not only that, but most humor is, in some way, based on pain. Moreover, I take offense at the author's need to victimize and call their condition "mentally ill." Give me a break.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - Space Dandy is...a dandy guy in THE space.
« Reply #3974 on: September 02, 2013, 01:06:38 AM »
Uchouten Kazoku is just blowing anything that isnt named monogatari out the water this season. It's so incredible :bow

Himu

« Reply #3975 on: September 02, 2013, 02:54:24 AM »
SPACE DANDY

AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #3976 on: September 02, 2013, 02:57:44 AM »
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3977 on: September 02, 2013, 03:13:36 AM »
Yes, it's on Crunchyroll.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3978 on: September 02, 2013, 01:19:17 PM »
This may be of some interest to a few people here:

We're hard at work developing The Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths on the Wii U, 3DS, iPad and iPhone, and it's on track for a release this fall (fingers crossed!).

Unfortunately, and to be completely and candidly honest, our initial plans were to release the game in French only; the new season is directed in France, and airing only in French-speaking territories, where it's the most popular.

But since we announced the game, we've been swamped with emails, and messages on various social networks, asking us to consider both an international release, and a PC version.

Those requests came from all over the world: UK, US, Germany, Latin America, Lebanon – we simply didn't anticipate it would raise such a global interest, and already had focused our development budget on the game itself.

That's where you come in.
dog

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3979 on: September 02, 2013, 04:11:03 PM »
WRATH LETS KICKSTART THE FUCK OUT IF THIS

Mysterious Cities of Gold :bow

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #3981 on: September 06, 2013, 11:01:36 AM »
:bow :bow :bow

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3982 on: September 09, 2013, 04:46:04 PM »
Uchouten Kazoku is just blowing anything that isnt named monogatari out the water this season. It's so incredible :bow

This is a very fine show, indeed. I didn't watch it initially, because it didn't catch me eye at first, but I'm glad I came back to it and decided to give it a shot.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
But the way that the boiling and eating of sentient beings is treated so lightly, especially between Benten and Yasuboru, is very unnerving, though.
[close]
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3983 on: September 10, 2013, 10:13:23 PM »
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3984 on: September 10, 2013, 11:09:31 PM »
Stella Women's Academy is the Apocalypse Now of anime. That's not a joke or hyperbole.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3985 on: September 10, 2013, 11:11:57 PM »
I heard it's gone pretty far down the rabbit hole. :lol
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3986 on: September 10, 2013, 11:20:14 PM »
Anyone who's gotten the bad ending in Spec Ops can already see what's coming down the pike, it's inevitable:

[close]
dog

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #3987 on: September 11, 2013, 09:45:16 PM »
Gamble Fish chapter 102

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3988 on: September 11, 2013, 10:31:07 PM »
King Omaha!! :o
©@©™

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #3989 on: September 12, 2013, 10:34:55 AM »
New CR show:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/akagi

akagi is basicaly kaiji but with all mahjong instead of death or life gamble's,it's allright if you know how to play and/or liked kaiji
<----

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

« Reply #3991 on: September 12, 2013, 02:17:01 PM »
Gamble Fish chapter 102

I really have no clue what's going on there.
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3992 on: September 13, 2013, 07:45:50 PM »

Just 3 weeks to go! :lawd
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - Now is the summer of our moe animu made manime fall
« Reply #3993 on: September 13, 2013, 08:33:37 PM »
Full Fall 2013 lineup here:

http://hummingbird.me/anime/upcoming

Definitely watching:

-Kill La Kill
-Coppelion
-Pupa
-Samurai Flamenco
-Galilei Donna
-Kyousougiga
-Teekyu 3
dog

hampster

« Reply #3994 on: September 17, 2013, 03:39:08 PM »
I watched the first two seasons of Saint Seiya Omega (~50 episodes, never seen the original series). Its amazing how much better the second season is. I thought the first season was okay but it never really grabbed me. I would have dropped it if it wasn't for the ending. That left me curious enough to continue and it got so much better

That final fight :lawd 
SHINE MY COSMOS :punch
Zzz

« Reply #3995 on: September 17, 2013, 03:54:28 PM »
Gundam Build Fighters.

Yup yup.
野球

cool breeze

« Reply #3996 on: September 17, 2013, 04:33:42 PM »
A new Dragon Ball Z movie came out, first since 1995, and now another new one was announced.  I guess they're starting up the series again?

What happens in the movie
-Dragon Ball GT is erased.  The official real truth ultimate canonical timeline is Buu business -> special with Vegeta's brother (???) -> new movie (Battle of the Gods) -> final episodes with Pan and Ubuu.
-There's now a fourth or fifth level of super god who's a furless cat of death or something named Bills, and there's multiverse with 12 'worlds' and 7 other super duper gods.
-Goku turns into Super Saiyan God by combining the saiyan powers of Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Videl (via Pan's fetus).  Still loses at the end.
-Bills bitch slaps Bulma and it makes Vegeta so pissed he surpasses Goku in power.
-Gohan gets drunk, deflects a bullet into his pregnant wife's leg.
-A 41 woman gets turned in a child and Trunks has a crush on her (and she's into it).
[close]

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3997 on: September 17, 2013, 04:50:16 PM »
A new Dragon Ball Z movie came out, first since 1995, and now another new one was announced.  I guess they're starting up the series again?

-Dragon Ball GT is erased.  The official real truth ultimate canonical timeline is Buu business -> special with Vegeta's brother (???) -> new movie (Battle of the Gods) -> final episodes with Pan and Ubuu.
-There's now a fourth or fifth level of super god who's a furless cat of death or something named Bills, and there's multiverse with 12 'worlds' and 7 other super duper gods.
-Goku turns into Super Saiyan God by combining the saiyan powers of Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Videl (via Pan's fetus).  Still loses at the end.
-Bills bitch slaps Bulma and it makes Vegeta so pissed he surpasses Goku in power.
-A 41 woman gets turned in a child and Trunks has a crush on her (and she's into it).
[close]

©@©™

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #3998 on: September 18, 2013, 07:49:30 PM »
sooooooooooo a few years ago i've read a manga called "lucifer and the biscuit hammer" basicaly the plot goes like that a giant nutcracker hammer is going to destroy the earth and the only thing that can stop it are a bunch of 12 people who are accompanied by animal pets fighting a bunch of monsters,but the protagonist is actualy a moody unsocial fella who just wish for the world to be destroyed... coincidentaly the leader of the knight wants the world to be destroyed too and the only reason that she's fighting is that she could destroy it herself... i tought that was a pretty nice premise and actualy the only reason i stopped reading the first time was because it was still on going

now that i remembered to check it out again it's finaly finished and it's such a chore,it drags on and on and on and on and the original premise slowly fade away to make space for your standard "group of people fight a bunch of monster then they get sad for 5 chapter when somebody inevitable die" and of course in the end the world doesn't get destroyed because POWER OF FRIENDSHIP :yuck
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 07:52:42 PM by magus »
<----

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3999 on: September 18, 2013, 07:53:45 PM »
Kill la Kill is going to be streamed on Crunchryoll. :rock
dog

Himu

« Reply #4000 on: September 18, 2013, 08:23:12 PM »

[close]

Gohan :dead
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4001 on: September 18, 2013, 11:56:10 PM »

[close]

Some of those aren't spoilers.  And where did you see that another movie was coming?  I only saw stuff for this one.  DBZ is also continuing...as in more DBZ Kai episodes are coming.  (Thanks, Wiki!)

-GT isn't "erased."  They're just ignoring it as usual.   :lol  The special with Vegeta's little brother is almost like a shorter version of this movie, with everyone sitting around eating and shit, and there's some friendly sparring and the end.  The special and this movie take place way before GT would have happened.

-The 41-year old woman who is turned into a child is Mai, Emperor Pilaf's sidekick from the old DB.

-This movie was OK I guess, but pretty much a throwaway movie much like the last special.  The biggest thing about it was the reveal that Dragonball is part of a multiverse.  Who knows if anything will come from that.  All it really did was give Goku more motivation to get even stronger and zzzzzzzzzzzz it's same damn thing over and over again.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 12:00:04 AM by bork laser »
ど助平

« Reply #4002 on: September 19, 2013, 05:15:27 PM »
It's been three years now since Satoshi Kon passed away. Whoa.
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4003 on: September 19, 2013, 05:22:16 PM »

And his half-finished final film still isn't any more finished than it was when he died. :maf
dog

Eric P

• Icon
Tonya

« Reply #4005 on: September 20, 2013, 12:35:53 PM »
I have the 7-11 OG Gundam. Love it.
野球

hampster

« Reply #4006 on: September 20, 2013, 12:52:52 PM »
:bow manime :bow2
Zzz

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #4007 on: September 20, 2013, 10:57:40 PM »

And his half-finished final film still isn't any more finished than it was when he died. :maf
:'( :tocry

This show was made of his leftover ideas from previous films that he made and yet we're lucky every season if a single series is worthy of standing in its shadow. RIP :bow
Hi

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #4008 on: September 21, 2013, 04:47:22 AM »

Tasty

« Reply #4009 on: September 21, 2013, 05:22:56 AM »
Been marathoning H x H in the last week, just finished Greed Island. Show is pretty good.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #4010 on: September 23, 2013, 03:26:56 PM »
(put it in spoiler because it's a big ass image)

[close]

and that is the most realistic manga page you will ever see
<----

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4011 on: September 24, 2013, 12:43:28 AM »
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4012 on: September 25, 2013, 10:21:45 PM »

YES
dog

MCD

• Fastest selling shit

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4014 on: September 26, 2013, 08:00:51 AM »
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4015 on: September 26, 2013, 08:51:54 AM »
Senran Kagura!   :gladbron
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4016 on: September 26, 2013, 04:11:01 PM »
Try these fine examples of animation:

-Space Brothers
-The Eccentric Family
-Silver Spoon
-Gintama
-Durarara
-Chihayafuru
-Anohana
-Polar Bear Cafe
-Kids on the Slope
-Level E
-Humanity has Declined
-Moribito
-Gakutsuou - The Count of Monte Cristo
-House of Five Leaves
-Kuroko's Basketball [it's basically Free! but about basketball and with not as good animation]

-Oreimo  :teehee ;) :shh :phil
[close]
dog

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #4017 on: September 26, 2013, 04:24:11 PM »
silver spoon rulz
Tonya

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4018 on: September 26, 2013, 04:37:16 PM »
SHE ASKED ABOUT OREIMO! I told her I wasn't familiar but it probably isn't good.

BAIL OUT MAN BAIL OUT

Or bail in, maybe. :phil
[close]
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4019 on: September 26, 2013, 05:17:10 PM »
Kinmoza :bow2

Also, Polar Bear Cafe.

Edit: Oh, if she likes fujoshi-bait like Free, then she'll probably love Kuroko's Basketball. That's supposed to be the shiznit when it comes to dudes kicking it with dudes.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 05:21:08 PM by Joe Molotov »
©@©™