Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1299735 times)

Beezy

Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - Hey, you heard about this amazing series called Big O?
« Reply #7320 on: April 29, 2017, 09:08:34 AM »
My Hero Academia is awesome.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7321 on: April 29, 2017, 09:30:35 PM »
More evidence that we are in THE DARKEST TIMELINE:

https://twitter.com/LeSeanThomas/status/858160621556121600

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7322 on: April 29, 2017, 09:34:00 PM »
:'(
dog

Beezy

« Reply #7323 on: April 30, 2017, 08:20:26 PM »
All caught up on Academia and now I need a new show to watch. :(

Can someone recommend me another mostly lighthearted shounen type of show?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7324 on: April 30, 2017, 10:04:15 PM »
All caught up on Academia and now I need a new show to watch. :(

Can someone recommend me another mostly lighthearted shounen type of show?

Soul Eater :lawd
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7325 on: April 30, 2017, 10:15:29 PM »
Food Wars, I guess?
dog

Beezy

« Reply #7326 on: April 30, 2017, 10:35:23 PM »
Ok not lighthearted, similar tone then. Already saw both FMA series and Soul Eater. Lol saw Food Wars also.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Dragon Ball Super.

The Seven Deadly Sins (Netflix).

Fairy Tail?
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
From the same show:

dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
If they go to Taco Bell, AOTY.
©@©™

Beezy

Dragon Ball Super.

The Seven Deadly Sins (Netflix).

Fairy Tail?

Eh, not in the mood right now to watch Goku save the day. Isn't Fairy Tale the One Piece copycat? Pass. The Seven Deadly Sins looks interesting. I'll go with that, thanks.

helios

They finally got to THAT PART in Attack on Titan and they nailed it.

Episode 31 spoilers
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Reiner and Bertholdt finally reveal themselves to be the Armored and Colossal Titans
[close]

chronovore

• relapsed dev

http://subject-28.tumblr.com

"Outpost of the 'Art of Akira' exhibit, featuring original production art used in the creation of Katsuhiro Otomo's 'Akira' (1988)."

Beezy

Seven Deadly Sins was pretty entertaining. Thanks lyte. I'll be patiently waiting on season 2. Any other completed (as in at least one full season) netflix/crunchyroll anime worth watching?

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Did you watch One Punch Man already? Because it's good

Beezy

Yep, loved it. If it was a super popular shounen type of show, I most likely saw it already.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
But have you watched Tiger Mask W?

Beezy

But have you watched Tiger Mask W?
Lol this looks terrible.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
Looks terrible cuz toei animation, but made awesome by the cheesy WWE/WCW/Japanese wrassling references + animu.  :rejoice
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 05:28:54 PM by D3RANG3D »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
Detroit Metal City :lawd

Rewatched One Punch Man, in anticipation for the second season still fucking great!

I noticed it had a Chapulin Colorado reference this time.  :mindblown
[close]
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 05:44:42 PM by D3RANG3D »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
When is the second season on?

lol like mid next year at the earliest.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
I found a novermber date...

On a Christian site lol
[close]

It will most likely be next year.
[close]

:fbm :stahp
[close]

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Have you seen any other Satoshi Kon movies? They're all top tier. Paranoia Agent (the series) is GOAT too.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Fun Fact: Darren Aronofsky liked Perfect Blue so much that he bought the international rights to the movie so that he could duplicate a scene from it in Requiem for a Dream.

Also, Wrath, go watch Paranoia Agent, if you haven't seen it already. It builds on a lot of themes from Perfect Blue.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
great show

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Kon's anime always had the best music:

Susumu Hirasawa the GOAT :whew
dog

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
I don't normally click this thread because of its name since I don't watch anime shows, but I'm really relieved to see you're talking about the good shit, not the typical moe moe kyun garbage I see everywhere on Twitter.

Even though I can't seem get into anime, I love original anime movies. Satoshi's work was so good, and Paprika is my favorite.
I've been recommended Paranoia Agent before based on my taste, so maybe I should actually give it a try.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Paranoia Agent was said to be made from leftover ideas from Kon's films, and I know people who consider it their favorite series ever. Kon's scraps were better than the A-material of most. :bow
Hi

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Director's Cut is the original, actually. And that's the one you should watch.
dog

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
they cut out a classic kawajiri sex scene and some little other bits because  ??? for the us release. Like this wasn't some niche as fuck title that wasn't gonna be a hot seller anyway.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Doesn't really make sense, considering pretty much every other Highlander movie or whatever had sex in it.
dog

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

I welcome our Chinese Anime Overlords :uguu

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Trent Dole

'I watched six episodes and now I have AIDS'
Hi

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
Hovering your cursor, and or button press on the play button on SAO gives you terminal AIDS.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 06:25:06 AM by D3RANG3D »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Goku: The Midnight Eye
Cyber City Oedo 808
Space Cobra

Could always rewatch Fist of the North Star too.  Been awhile but a lot of Masami Obari joints are pretty testosterone heavy too iirc (Fatal Fury, Battle Arena Toshinden...and later some hentai)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Watch MD Geist.
dog

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
toku, when will our lazy immigrant asses stop fucking around and start the dopest gorefest of a manime we were destined to make?

idk why this post reminded me of guyver but it did, then i got sad because the manga has been going for like 3 decades now but like 80% of it has never been translated into english

sadder still because apparently it's batshit insane with alien spaceships and aztec pyramids and shit

I still remember a young toku's mind being blow by the arc where guyver gets killed/destroyed but clones itself and Sho back from some tiny scrap. So for a little while Sho, this high schooler was all "but im not even the real sho? or am I?"  :'( :'( :'(

Side Note: both the 80s OVA and the mid 00s anime of Guyver were solid
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:30:09 PM by toku »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

:lawd

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
So that Blame! movie is out on netflix haven't watched it yet but as someone who loves Tsutomu Nihei but hates CGI anime I still loved Sidonia No Kishi so I'll probably fuck with this too.

Heres a cool thing in Japanese so I can't read it but Nihei shared some art:
http://s-ss-s.com/s/2017/05/18/movie-blame-interview/

I guess he was actually pretty involved with this adaptation and actually did some redesigns for it

Beezy

I started reading the My Hero Academia manga because I got too impatient waiting for new episodes. Fuck, it's so damn good.

Seasons 3 and 4 of the anime are going to be lit af.
I'm trying so hard not to do this, but the weekly wait is painful.

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
Maybe wait for this season to end, but if you get impatient waiting a year for season 3, the manga is an amazing read.

Baku curses up a storm in the translation, which is awesome. He drops f-bombs every other panel.

I always thought it was odd that some scanlators would add so much cursing for books that run in magazines that are targeted for 12 year olds. It seems silly and kinda edgy.

Support the official release you pleb. :bolo
Boo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Fan-translators have been doing shit like that for decades.  The first time I watched Dragonball Z was from some fan-translated bootleg VHS tape of one of the movies in the mid-90s.  Vegeta cussed non-stop and every other thing uttered was "FUCK YOU!!"  I thought this was how the character was supposed to be for years.
ど助平

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

chronovore

• relapsed dev

I'm looking forward to this, as it was written by Warren Ellis.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
BLAME! is good but I'll admit that despite my hate for cgi anime I ended up really liking Knights of Sidonia's adaptation. That plus the fact that ten years ago I would never have imagined Nihei's work getting adapted outside of the weird one off OAV stuff we got in the early 00s.

Still don't care for the studios other big work though, Aijin. The tone/style of that manga just doesn't translate well to CGI at all. I'll probably keep an eye on Polygon Pictures though (and pray for s3 Sidonia).

Side Note: Probably the the most impressive sound design ive heard in anime in a very long time. Really good.

They're doing some big far future alien godzilla movie for release this year.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 06:45:52 PM by toku »

Trent Dole

Really? I'm genuinely hype now.
Hi

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Really? I'm genuinely hype now.

Yeah, he talked about it a couple times in his mail list thing. He also did a GI Joe anime, if you're into that. I haven't figured out how to get it here, but it's well regarded.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Not only did he write, and i know this might not have a huge impact on the final product, but it's been gestating for awhile now. I remember back in 07? or 08 they had a blogspot up with some comic book art (i wanna say it was by the cover artist who worked on Fables) for some Castlevania/anime or show they were working on.

It's been a long time coming.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
So that Blame! movie is out on netflix haven't watched it yet but as someone who loves Tsutomu Nihei but hates CGI anime I still loved Sidonia No Kishi so I'll probably fuck with this too.

Heres a cool thing in Japanese so I can't read it but Nihei shared some art:
http://s-ss-s.com/s/2017/05/18/movie-blame-interview/

I guess he was actually pretty involved with this adaptation and actually did some redesigns for it

Watched this and loved the concept/world presented.  Also never knew anything about this series before, so I always thought it was pronounced "blame", but the katakana reads as "blam," so another case of Engrish strikes again. Makes way more sense that way.  :lol

The movie was very easy to follow and I liked it so much that I went and read through the entire manga series afterwards.  It was a pretty quick read since there's very little dialogue.  The movie is very different than the manga and a lot of stuff was changed-up, but I can understand why.  Made it work better.

The manga was hard to follow at times, due to the artwork being kind of all over the place.  I couldn't tell what the hell I was supposed to be looking at sometimes.  Also didn't like how it just sort of abruptly ended, and then there were two single-chapter follow-up stories that were equally-abrupt and still didn't give any real closure.  Also read the prequel, Noise, which was also nice and confusing.  I wish the insane world was expanded upon.  Like one of the rooms that the main character enters is implied to be the space where an entire PLANET was once located.  HOLY SHIT.  But that's about it and the story moves on. 

Now I've started reading Biomega, which may possibly be a prequel...to the prequel?  Either that or Nihei just loves throwing Toa Heavy Industries into everything.

Guess I should check out Knights Of Sidonia too.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 10:51:28 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
I loved that bit about the planet sized hollow. I think it was Jupiter? I wish they went into why the megastructure hasn't collapsed in on itself yet, considering how incredibly massive it now must me.

Knights of Sidonia is muuuch more straightforward, aside from never really getting into the origins of the enemy. (And neither does Biomega, I think?)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:01:18 AM by Rufus »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Yeah so far I think all of Nihei's works are loosely connected (company names etc) and he likes working big. I figured that might be something from his architectural design background but even with like dates and shit. Things happen in his universe over thousands of years and in the case of Sidonia i think it might be hundreds of thousands/millions.

All that said, it seems like every new work he does gets more straight forward so you should check out Knights of Sidonia. Just ended too at volume 15 iirc? He already has a new on-going but I haven't read it yet APOSIMZ but the synopsis already sounds like classic nihei:
The 200,000 KM diameter artificial celestial body of APOSIMZ. Most of its volume is its core space, which is covered by a superstructural shell. Fifty centuries ago, the people who lost a war against the core lost their right to reside legitimately in APOSIMZ, and were left behind on the extremely cold surface. They face the spreading Frame disease. And aggressive automatons which appear frequently on the ruins level. Yet even so, somehow people survive.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
That description almost sounds like it could be Blame!, but focusing on people outside of the impossibly-large mega-structure.  :lol
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
All that said, it seems like every new work he does gets more straight forward so you should check out Knights of Sidonia. Just ended too at volume 15 iirc? He already has a new on-going but I haven't read it yet APOSIMZ but the synopsis already sounds like classic nihei:
The 200,000 KM diameter artificial celestial body of APOSIMZ. Most of its volume is its core space, which is covered by a superstructural shell. Fifty centuries ago, the people who lost a war against the core lost their right to reside legitimately in APOSIMZ, and were left behind on the extremely cold surface. They face the spreading Frame disease. And aggressive automatons which appear frequently on the ruins level. Yet even so, somehow people survive.
What a lovely surprise. When I made my earlier post I spent some time on the Sidonia wikia and read about this exact seed ship. The Sidonia had lost contact with them centuries before the events of KoS. 

That wikia excursion also re-inforced just how much more conventional Sidonia is in tone. I won't spoil it here, but it's very conventional and full of shonen power fantasy and wish fulfillment tropes. I wonder if this development towards more marketable stories was Nihei's own decision or came at his publisher's/editor's urging.
Could also be lack of creativity as far as conventional story telling goes. :doge
[close]
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 03:50:41 PM by Rufus »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog