Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 917824 times)

Mupepe

• Icon
Re: minor inconviences that are not struggles
« Reply #5100 on: February 06, 2018, 09:51:05 AM »
oh, approval for your Russia trip actually came through?
oh yeah!  Forgot I posted about my anxiety.  It did.  It's all settled and I fly out Thursday.  This will be my first real winter excursion and I foresee me going on a clothes shopping spree when I get there and freeze my balls off

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #5101 on: February 06, 2018, 09:52:17 AM »
In Russia, the clothes buy you.  :ussrcry
©ZH

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #5102 on: February 06, 2018, 09:59:44 AM »
oh yeah!  Forgot I posted about my anxiety.  It did.  It's all settled and I fly out Thursday.  This will be my first real winter excursion and I foresee me going on a clothes shopping spree when I get there and freeze my balls off
When you were talking about it I thought you were going to St. Petersburg or something, not friggin' Siberia! Make sure to share pictures with us :S
每天生气

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5103 on: February 06, 2018, 10:05:44 AM »
When you were talking about it I thought you were going to St. Petersburg or something, not friggin' Siberia! Make sure to share pictures with us :S
Will do!  I land in Moscow on Friday night.  I spend Monday at our office there doing some prep work and then fly out to Siberia Monday night for the actual work until Friday.  My wife gets to spend the weekend in Moscow and then 4 days in St Petersburg though!  Lucky her

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5104 on: February 06, 2018, 11:50:10 AM »
Car died. It's at the mechanics now. I'll be out several hundred buckoos brehs.
que

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #5105 on: February 06, 2018, 01:31:59 PM »
Man enjoy Russian food, its really fucking good.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5106 on: February 06, 2018, 02:19:21 PM »
Do some collusion while you're there, it's fun.
©@©™

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #5107 on: February 06, 2018, 02:32:20 PM »
if were going for the full experience, may aswell get pissed on by russian hookers.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5108 on: February 06, 2018, 02:48:22 PM »
God damn server error made my piss tape joke late :maf

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #5109 on: February 06, 2018, 03:59:21 PM »
Trying to lose the last few % of fat but all im doing is building muscle... Seems like my diet needs a little adjustment.  :doge

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5110 on: February 06, 2018, 06:26:23 PM »
So you basically have no self-control, is what you're saying.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5111 on: February 06, 2018, 06:51:18 PM »
Will do!  I land in Moscow on Friday night.  I spend Monday at our office there doing some prep work and then fly out to Siberia Monday night for the actual work until Friday.  My wife gets to spend the weekend in Moscow and then 4 days in St Petersburg though!  Lucky her

We're all looking forward to seeing your Russian prison tattoos when you get back!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5112 on: February 07, 2018, 09:32:47 AM »
15cm of snow is apparently all it takes to put the Paris transport grid in disarray. Brussels likewise a few years back  :foxx
I mean yeah, snow is infrequent over here, but I'm still a bit dumbfounded : it's not the Riviera either.
ὕβρις

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #5113 on: February 07, 2018, 09:53:32 AM »
So you basically have no self-control, is what you're saying.
There are a few things I can't control myself with, chocolate and certain candy is one of them. No ragrets. :heartbeat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5114 on: February 07, 2018, 12:26:35 PM »
Indecision diet. Pretty clever.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5115 on: February 07, 2018, 01:39:41 PM »
And the USPS was doing so well lately for me, too...

February 6, 2018, 7:32 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
ATLANTA-PEACHTREE GA DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

Looking good.  Right on time to be delivered today--

February 7, 2018, 8:32 am
Available for Pickup
MIAMI, FL 33112
Your item arrived at the MIAMI, FL 33112 post office at 8:32 am on February 7, 2018 and is ready for pickup.

:whatisthis
ど助平

skullstorm

« Reply #5116 on: February 10, 2018, 02:30:54 PM »
for fuck's sake its impossible to buy a small bit of a chocolate at a supermarket

every chocolate bar is at least 100g and up, which means 550+ calories or higher

i just want something small, like half of that would be nice

only thing i can find is a ben & jerry ice cream sandwich that goes for 220 calories and its pretty decent but i'd prefer a chocolate bar

We have these at my local supermarket:

They're 18g. It's such a useless size but when I was trying to cut back on my chocolate intake I'd just buy those and nothing bigger. And now I eat chocolate very very rarely and pretty much never have a craving for it. It probably helped that I'd learned to eat dark chocolate and had got so used to it that I already felt then that milk chocolate was way too sweet. And after eating smaller portions of dark chocolate all the time less and less often I just got over it completely. Now if I eat chocolate one piece is enough, I don't even want more. Or if I do, it's whatever, I won't eat it again for weeks anyway.

And I used to be a huge chocolate addict as a teen and ate it quite a lot in my 20s, pretty much every day  :doge

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #5117 on: February 10, 2018, 02:39:36 PM »
I’m at work. Sucks
dur

sinxtanx

« Reply #5118 on: February 10, 2018, 03:10:06 PM »
tiny tiny piece of front tooth got chipped off, driving me nuts

skullstorm

« Reply #5119 on: February 10, 2018, 04:02:06 PM »
I do love me some chocolate cake and cupcakes and brownies etc tho. Luckily I'm usually too lazy to bake and too cheap/broke to buy any so I don't overdo it too much with those. Usually.

Tasty

« Reply #5120 on: February 11, 2018, 06:43:00 PM »
There are few things more disappointing than biting into bad chocolate. I feel you breh.

Corporal

« Reply #5121 on: February 11, 2018, 07:07:13 PM »
Today, I moved so little that I only burned 1g of fat in total. And what little moving I did, was mostly between couch, bed, and kitchen.

Diet's going well. :doge

...It's just too fucking cold outside. :-\
!list

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5122 on: February 11, 2018, 07:13:40 PM »
It was a Sunday. That's just doing it right, i.e. jack shit.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5123 on: February 12, 2018, 07:52:22 AM »
Today, I moved so little that I only burned 1g of fat in total. And what little moving I did, was mostly between couch, bed, and kitchen.

Diet's going well. :doge

...It's just too fucking cold outside. :-\

Yeah, it snowed for the 8th time this year, this evening. We never got snow here before. Maybe twice in 15 years. So it was too cold for me to go wandering around.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5124 on: February 12, 2018, 08:52:46 AM »
It was in the 60s for most of the weekend here. Going up into the 70s this week.
:rejoice
ど助平

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #5125 on: February 12, 2018, 12:10:32 PM »
for fuck's sake its impossible to buy a small bit of a chocolate at a supermarket

every chocolate bar is at least 100g and up, which means 550+ calories or higher

i just want something small, like half of that would be nice

only thing i can find is a ben & jerry ice cream sandwich that goes for 220 calories and its pretty decent but i'd prefer a chocolate bar

ugh i just binged on chocolate for the first time in a while

its not as tasty as i remember, i bought the wrong shit basically but i ate it all like a slob anyway :lol

:beli

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #5126 on: February 14, 2018, 05:48:53 PM »
Last night, I had a dream where my doctor convinced me to go vegan for health purposes, but immediately after leaving the doctor’s office I went and absentmindedly bought and ate a sausage egg and cheese biscuit. I got depressed about it.
serge

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5127 on: February 14, 2018, 05:51:03 PM »
Vegan guilt is the new Catholic guilt.  :doge

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5128 on: February 14, 2018, 06:28:42 PM »
Had to deal with snow in my commute this morning

TVC15

« Reply #5129 on: February 14, 2018, 06:36:00 PM »
I saw a pizza place that had gluten free vegan pizza. If someone PayPal’s the money for it to me, I will eat it and report back and also tell you what it does to my ass.
serge

Raist

« Reply #5130 on: February 14, 2018, 06:49:24 PM »
I'm not italian mind you, but I don't think you're supposed to eat a pizza via your ass.

Corporal

« Reply #5131 on: February 14, 2018, 07:15:55 PM »
If it's gluten-free and vegan, it's not Pizza - and probably technically not even food. Which is why I think what TVC does to it (and what it does to TVC) is not restrained by your narrow non-Italian Pizza knowledge.
!list

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5132 on: February 14, 2018, 07:20:42 PM »
I miss waffle house  :-\

TVC15

« Reply #5133 on: February 14, 2018, 07:23:09 PM »
I also want a new pair of boots. Can someone PayPal me like 250 bucks for that?
serge

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5134 on: February 14, 2018, 08:09:12 PM »
Buying a Titan X.  There goes 2 weeks of pay :(

TVC15

« Reply #5135 on: February 14, 2018, 08:20:44 PM »
Buying a Titan X.  There goes 2 weeks of pay :(

I’ll suck your dick for even a pair of Solovairs.
serge

Corporal

« Reply #5136 on: February 14, 2018, 08:35:58 PM »
My Bluetooth ear plugs have a blue LED that turns on when the batteries are charged while still connected to the charger.

My Bluetooth ear plugs are also just outside of my reach while I'm lying on my bed. Same with the charger and cord.

So: My Bluetooth ear plugs are projecting a blue splotch onto the ceiling of my bedroom. I'm not exactly bothered by it, but it exists and I'm conscious of it, mostly due to the fact that I could get out of bed for a few seconds to turn it off.

Memo to myself of tomorrow:
:doge Choose your own adventure:
- turn My Bluetooth ear plugs to the side while they're charging every other day to mix things up
- cover My Bluetooth ear plugs with something while they're charging
- paint over the blue LED of My Bluetooth ear plugs with a black sharpie
- investigate if it's possible to add a fresnel lens or holographic filter to the blue LED for added fidelity
Do not consider:
- relocating the charger and Bluetooth ear plugs. It would be a sign of weakness.
!list

Raist

« Reply #5137 on: February 15, 2018, 02:52:05 AM »
It would have taken you less time and effort to reach for it instead of writing this post. Just sayin'

shosta

« Reply #5138 on: February 15, 2018, 03:12:27 AM »
the people upstairs are fuckin so loud :noah
每天生气

Raist

« Reply #5139 on: February 15, 2018, 03:16:59 AM »
Woops, sorry breh.

Corporal

« Reply #5140 on: February 15, 2018, 09:05:59 AM »
It would have taken you less time and effort to reach for it instead of writing this post. Just sayin'
Do not underestimate the allure of a soft warm bed, and conversely, the horror of leaving it, if even only for a second. This is the minor inconvenience thread, and as far as I was concerned that issue was yesterday evening's minor inconvenience that was not a struggle. Checkmate, atheists.

I do appreciate the exceedingly polite insinuation that my posts require effort, despite evidence that shitposting comes naturally to me. I'm flattered. :-*
!list

Raist

« Reply #5141 on: February 15, 2018, 09:39:27 AM »
German efficiency is dead brehs.

skullstorm

« Reply #5142 on: February 15, 2018, 01:36:38 PM »
Do not underestimate the allure of a soft warm bed, and conversely, the horror of leaving it, if even only for a second.

I'm hungry as hell but I can't get anything to eat because then I'd have to leave my bed. The struggle is real.

Corporal

« Reply #5143 on: February 15, 2018, 01:45:22 PM »
Raist, on German efficiency... We're too bogged down in bureaucracy and corruption/nepotism to give a shit. It's probably Merkels fault somehow. Or immigrants. Maybe the EU? Who knows.

Definitely not planning to blitzkrieg Belgium and taking down their half imploded nuclear plants, though. Absolutely not. Just wait until we have finished building the Berlin airport and Stuttgart main station. Unless everyone has died from NOx and other hazards in most major cities until then, we will stuff our entire army into the sole somewhat working A400m transport plane, attack from the sea by cleverly utilising our like three still somewhat working support ships that should have been on the dry dock a decade ago or so, and crash our two working Tiger combat helis and practically unmaintained Eurofighters somewhere into the Belgian countryside. I think there might even be a random drone flying around somewhere to great effect.
!list

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5144 on: February 15, 2018, 08:01:22 PM »
Today's shipping shenanigans: FedEx.

Not them, too.  They were the last one who didn't fuck up.  :'(
:stahp

I work from home three days a week and was there all day.  Tracking says "nobody was home or business was closed."  Bullshit.  I even taped a signature waiver to the door.  I know no trucks came by because I have a natural truck detector in the house- the dog always goes crazy when they come.

Called their support line and bitched about it.  Literally minutes after I spoke with them and was going to take the dog out, I see the truck come by and the guy gives me this look and hands me the package, then stops and watches me walk off after I put the package inside and went for a walk. 
:confused

I dunno what it is.  Am I cursed or something or do delivery people just not like this little complex? 
ど助平

Raist

« Reply #5145 on: February 15, 2018, 08:08:17 PM »
I see the truck come by and the guy gives me this look and hands me the package, then stops and watches me walk off after I put the package inside and went for a walk. 

Change your legal name and move to a different country breh.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #5146 on: February 16, 2018, 03:23:11 AM »
I go for a walk every night in my quiet neighborhood as part of my exercise routine. I travel along this two lane stretch of road for .5 of a mile and halfway on this road I cross the well lit crosswalk, making sure to look both ways as I cross. Well tonight after almost a year of walking this route I had someone purposely rev their engine and proceeded to intimidate me as I cross the road. I made myself visible and engaged them by holding out my hand and waving them to slow down, but they only continued to rev their engine up accelerating towards me as I crossed the road. A car that recently parked and came from the opposite direction saw me crossing and asked if I was ok. I continued down the street having only been halfway past this street and wanting to continue with my walk.

I got to the next street when the same car did and illegal u-turn and proceeded to park beside me as I walked down the other side of the street. At this point I called the missus and proceeded to walk home back the way I came. I walked by the car which by this point had one of it's passengers exit the vehicle and enter another car. As I went by I could hear the door open and so I pulled my phone out and recorded the vehicle and it's license plate as quickly as I could. Knowing I couldn't see the license plate well enough at night with my eyes I thought the camera on my phone might be a better source of memory if something did happen. Out comes a young 20 something girl asking if I've got a problem with her. I politely said no and went about my business walking the other direction towards home. She then see's I have a phone in my hands and she starts asking me if I took a picture on my phone and if I did that I would have to delete it. Claiming I could use it to photoshop and post it on the internet she continues to harass me as I walk. At this point she gets in front of me and is making accusations that I'm suspicious for doing what I did. I state my reason for doing what I did and asked her nicely to step out of my way and out of my personal space. Then she asks for her friend Miguel another 20 something young man who comes to her aid. I don't wish to continue conversing with them and try to cross the street since by this time we'd walked all the way back to the scene of the incident. She continues to harass me and making threats that she's going to call the police on me. I told her if that was the road she wanted to go on I'll wait on the other side of the street for an officer to show up. I waited and an officer came and went as he responded to another call. They walked off and got into the other vehicle and took off.

I continued on my normal walk, upset and frustrated by this incident debating internally about what I should have done in this situation. I was clearly visible in the light and I wear reflective gear at night when I walk. This person (I don't know who was the driver, my guess the female since she was so upset) clearly wanted to get a reaction out of me for fun. I don't think it's fun and games when you could have very easily hurt another human being. What would have happened if I hurt myself trying to get out of the way of the car? I could have easily twisted my ankle and been struck by their car. I thought about this as I continued my walk and I am conflicted. I now have to find a new walking path that doesn't take me down that street for fear of confrontation in my own neighborhood.

So I wanted to know what should I do about this situation. I have enough information between the video of the license plate (I didn't lie about taking a photo, she didn't ask about a video) the name of the gentleman with the young woman to contact the police about the issue. But it got me thinking about something else though, I've walked down that street for years and noticed something. The street has seen a increase in traffic over the years as it is being used more regularly as a bypass during busy traffic periods. There isn't a stop sign near the crosswalk one that children use everyday to travel to school. Motorist don't obey the posted speed signs nor do they pay attention to the speed monitor machines posted on this block. I'm in a position to do something about this and I feel this evening's events might have just given me enough of a push to see what I can do about it. I feel a sense of responsibility to my neighborhood to bring this up and possibly have a study done about the street in question. What would you do in my shoes?

Edit:
Here is the crosswalk in question and the street I travel on.
https://www.google.com/maps/@37.3430139,-122.0360603,3a,75y,267.33h,66t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1srtZhOZUzh7tiDN75CxMF_w!2e0!7i16384!8i8192
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 03:31:08 AM by G The Resurrected »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5147 on: February 16, 2018, 03:36:46 AM »
Don't change your routine, breh.

shosta

« Reply #5148 on: February 16, 2018, 03:38:11 AM »
每天生气

G The Resurrected

« Reply #5149 on: February 16, 2018, 03:39:37 AM »
I'm a non confrontational kind of person, but honestly I have a anger issue that is easily exacerbated by shithead people. I don't really plan on changing where I walk, but I now will always have to look out and be a little extra cautious as I travel down that road.

shosta

« Reply #5150 on: February 16, 2018, 03:43:10 AM »
Just because some 20 somethings ruined your day? Kids will be kids, it was a fluke occurrence, just live your life the way you have been.
每天生气

TVC15

« Reply #5151 on: February 16, 2018, 03:47:19 AM »
I'm a non confrontational kind of person, but honestly I have a anger issue that is easily exacerbated by shithead people. I don't really plan on changing where I walk, but I now will always have to look out and be a little extra cautious as I travel down that road.

I’m like you in this regard, I think. I wouldn’t change my routine unless there was an incident on a different day.

Love you, G. Miss you. Really.
serge

Raist

« Reply #5152 on: February 16, 2018, 03:49:04 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5153 on: February 16, 2018, 03:49:48 AM »
Anger issue? I was going to tell you to handle that little thottie and Miguel like this...

G The Resurrected

« Reply #5154 on: February 16, 2018, 03:57:58 AM »
Words to live by! They aren't trying to improve their lives, I am! So fuck them, that's my street!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
What have you done Shostakovich? You started a war in Sunnyvale!
[close]
  :P

I’m like you in this regard, I think. I wouldn’t change my routine unless there was an incident on a different day.

Love you, G. Miss you. Really.

Miss you too Buddy, we never got to get coffee while you were around town. Hope things are getting better for you!

Hot Shots gif
YES to this kind of fight!

shosta

« Reply #5155 on: February 16, 2018, 04:00:01 AM »
What you done Shostakovich? You started a war in Sunnyvale!
Wouldn't be the first time. I can't help myself from shooting pellet guns at those Google vans. :noah
每天生气

G The Resurrected

« Reply #5156 on: February 16, 2018, 04:24:02 AM »

Raist

« Reply #5157 on: February 16, 2018, 04:49:24 AM »
That GIF was from Rambo btw. Sheen was ripped in HS2, but not that ripped :lol

G The Resurrected

« Reply #5158 on: February 16, 2018, 05:08:08 AM »
No he was not, but that was probably because of the aids.  :lol

I knew it wasn't a gif from HS part deux, but I couldn't help but think of it and it defused my rage with laughter.  :D

Raist

« Reply #5159 on: February 16, 2018, 05:11:33 AM »
That vid is missing the best part.