Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 917825 times)

Corporal

Re: minor inconviences that are not struggles
« Reply #5760 on: June 18, 2018, 10:25:38 AM »

I'm probably going to be offline during the Nintendo stream. If I am, I'll be twiddling my thumbs, chat with some nice chaps and get mucho dinero for it, so, yay - but dammit, of all the conferences to miss out on. :-\  :'(

Good thing you missed nothing
...thing fell through, I sat at home and stuffed my piehole with Pizza and watched the stream like a proper Ninthing.

:goty
!list

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5761 on: June 18, 2018, 01:31:48 PM »
All alone in the office today.  Naturally that has meant requests for equipment and things you can only do when there and not remote all day long.  :doge

Brought a little bottle of Mi0 flavoring drops to work yesterday.  Squeezed two drops into a full cup of water.  Somehow the second squeeze just bounced off the water and exploded all over the place.  Shit was all over my shirt, face, and hands.   :lol  It was surprisingly difficult to get it off my skin and my shirt was a lost cause.  Spent the rest of the day avoiding people at all costs and somehow managed to make it without seeing anyone apart from my co-workers.  Tried to bleach the shit out of the shirt, but it was ruined.   :'(

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=43174.0

I wasn't about to fuck with the caffeine flavors, but even then those little bottles are loaded to the brim with sweeteners.  After that shirt mess I stopped buying them and some stomach-related problems I was having started going away.  :o
ど助平

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #5762 on: June 18, 2018, 03:25:48 PM »
Feeling really depressed today and I don’t know why :(
serge

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5763 on: June 18, 2018, 11:51:21 PM »
Told one of my supervisors about a new idea I had.  He was like 'meh, what about that other idea you had?'  :(

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5764 on: June 20, 2018, 11:19:37 AM »
Left my keys turned on in the motorcycle, been having to push start until I pick up a new battery this afternoon

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5765 on: June 20, 2018, 11:32:35 AM »
Told one of my supervisors about a new idea I had.  He was like 'meh, what about that other idea you had?'  :(

meh, what about that other post you had?
©@©™

Corporal

« Reply #5766 on: June 21, 2018, 08:33:10 AM »
Stubbed mah toe. Uttered some thoroughly blasphemous words. Thank fuck I'm agnostic.

Toe still hurts, though.

Obviously it had to be the smallest one on my dominant foot. How can something so tiny be so obnoxious. Wish we had hooves or something.

To do: Look into spontaneous mutation and/or Tzeentch worship.
!list

TVC15

« Reply #5767 on: June 21, 2018, 10:46:33 AM »
This is so bizarre. This isn’t some humblebrag thing, I’m actually bewildered and don’t know how to feel, but I keep getting props on doing really well at this job I hate and I’m doing it totally zombified. The job is making me crazy and it kind of infuriates me because I’d rather they hated me and got rid of me.
serge

Tasty

« Reply #5768 on: June 21, 2018, 10:53:10 AM »
This is so bizarre. This isn’t some humblebrag thing, I’m actually bewildered and don’t know how to feel, but I keep getting props on doing really well at this job I hate and I’m doing it totally zombified. The job is making me crazy and it kind of infuriates me because I’d rather they hated me and got rid of me.

TVC15

« Reply #5769 on: June 21, 2018, 12:03:56 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Extreme measures may be necessary. They’re talking about sending my team to Europe for a week sometime between September and March :(
serge

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #5770 on: June 21, 2018, 12:08:08 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Extreme measures may be necessary. They’re talking about sending my team to Europe for a week sometime between September and March :(

Go, and then file for political asylum while you're over there.
©@©™

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5771 on: June 21, 2018, 12:19:52 PM »
Fuck that.  Take me with you and I'll keep you walking funny on another continent

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #5772 on: June 21, 2018, 06:09:11 PM »
The company you work for, like all large corporations, is wildly incompetent. The people who are telling you you're doing a good job are just robotically applying positive reinforcement irrespective of your actual performance. Don't trust anything anyone says. Develop a close relationship with someone above you if you actually want to know what anyone thinks of you. Also, get an ear in HR.
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5773 on: June 22, 2018, 12:23:54 AM »
Growing out a handle-bar mustache.  Constant hair in my mouth. 

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5774 on: June 22, 2018, 02:59:06 PM »
Growing out a handle-bar mustache.  Constant hair in my mouth.
Dunno what to do about that, but you might eventually need one of these:
http://www.whiskerdam.com/wdshop/whisker-dam

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #5775 on: June 24, 2018, 11:31:37 AM »
partying with high schoolers :flabbypd

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5776 on: June 25, 2018, 12:23:01 AM »
A recent fucking Windows 10 update turned my gaming laptop into a expensive paper weight.  :maf

I shouldn't have clicked "update" without checking on Google first. The verbiage "this is really important" got me.   :doge

So now I have to do a fresh re-install of the OS later this week (yes, I did all the other trouble shooting shit) when I decide to give a fuck.

On the bright side, this will give me more willpower/focus to work on my design portfolio during my break.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #5777 on: June 25, 2018, 12:25:25 AM »
Just system restore/rollback option? AFAIK that happens before windows does its updates.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5778 on: June 25, 2018, 12:29:06 AM »
Just system restore/rollback option? AFAIK that happens before windows does its updates.
I'll look into it tomorrow.

I've been in Mac world for so long. So I'm too used to shit working without worrying about a FUCKING FIRST PARTY UPDATE BRICKING MY SHIT.  :rage

thisismyusername

« Reply #5779 on: June 25, 2018, 12:34:35 AM »
I mean if the BIOS is loading and Windows' logo is showing up, it's not "bricked." You're able to get into recovery options.

Also OS X does similar with it's updates IIRC, or you might need to turn on Time Machine to have it do the same.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5780 on: June 25, 2018, 12:38:44 AM »
I'm using hyperbole. Don't take me literally.

I can log-in but my desktop screen is blank/black except for the recycle bin and the bottom bar and I have to type commands in the "Run" window in order to do shit.

I'm going to sleep so I'll figure this out later.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5781 on: June 25, 2018, 02:20:52 AM »
I'll look into it tomorrow.

I've been in Mac world for so long. So I'm too used to shit working without worrying about a FUCKING FIRST PARTY UPDATE BRICKING MY SHIT.  :rage

FWIW, I've had Apple OS updates actually brick my iPhone and my AppleTV.  :-\

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5782 on: June 25, 2018, 11:06:59 AM »

I can log-in but my desktop screen is blank/black except for the recycle bin and the bottom bar and I have to type commands in the "Run" window in order to do shit.

sounds like windows explorer might have been borked? you can try kicking it back into gear by just running "explorer" (minus quotes)

of course if it was then i dunno if the bottom bar would load, either way worth a shot

Tasty

« Reply #5783 on: June 25, 2018, 02:19:20 PM »
Switch to Chrome OS! 8)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5784 on: June 25, 2018, 02:41:07 PM »
ate way way too much

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #5785 on: June 25, 2018, 04:06:09 PM »
ass
©@©™

thisismyusername

« Reply #5786 on: June 25, 2018, 08:19:28 PM »

sounds like windows explorer might have been borked? you can try kicking it back into gear by just running "explorer" (minus quotes)

of course if it was then i dunno if the bottom bar would load, either way worth a shot

AFAIK, even with explorer off, you can CTRL+ALT+DEL->Task Manager->Run->explorer.exe or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC->Task Manager->Run->explorer.exe without the start bar since that's a part of the explorer itself.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5787 on: June 25, 2018, 09:26:29 PM »
I follow like three THOTs on Instagram out of a couple hundred contacts. I tried to add the new IDGA account at work, so I had to log in on the work browser to do that. Of course the first fucking picture to get blitted to my screen is some THOT in a thong doing a bathroom selfie. Thanks, Instagram! Thanks, hormones, glad I didn't think to make a separate ID/login for my lechery.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5788 on: June 26, 2018, 12:22:39 AM »
link to the picture?  :doge

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5789 on: June 26, 2018, 10:33:07 PM »
A benevolent god wouldn’t have designed asses that chap.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5790 on: June 26, 2018, 11:21:06 PM »
link to the picture?  :doge

Just for you beh-beh, posted to the :nsfw thread. 

shosta

« Reply #5791 on: June 27, 2018, 03:58:47 PM »
Lol. Last time I couldn't pee in the cup, this time I failed my drug test because of low creatinine levels. If it happens again I start treatment over. :lawd
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5792 on: June 28, 2018, 01:12:50 AM »
 :what

TVC15

« Reply #5793 on: June 28, 2018, 01:25:53 AM »
Lol. Last time I couldn't pee in the cup, this time I failed my drug test because of low creatinine levels. If it happens again I start treatment over. :lawd

What causes that? Drinking too much water?
serge

shosta

« Reply #5794 on: June 28, 2018, 02:06:27 AM »
Yeah, to the testers it looks like you're flushing your system.
每天生气

TVC15

« Reply #5795 on: June 29, 2018, 08:12:57 PM »
I wish I was dead. 10k to the person that kills me.
serge

Corporal

« Reply #5796 on: June 30, 2018, 06:46:54 AM »
I'd kill you all night, bebeh.  :-*
Srsly though, if you consider that a minor inconvenience, then you're living an interesting life. I'm almost envious. You doing a Mad Max Ironman run, TVC?

Me? Boring life.

Caught a cold like an idiot because I left the window open. Throat sore. Brain muddled. Nose on fire and leaking. I be mad. Could've been a nice extended weekend with some better timing. But no. Obviously I'll be fine once Monday rolls around. The weekend is toast. The company stays winning. Dammit.

BUT

found a new way to eat Pizza. Well, new to me. The freshly baked italian style thin crust pizza Magherita is folded in half, filled with salad, corn, thuna, mayo and onions among other things, and eaten while the pizza is hot and the contents are cold. Intredasting, to say the least. Kinda like the illegitimate child of a Calzone and a thuna sandwhich. I can dig. The salad gives it a nice crunch.
Gets really messy though if you aren't watching out for spills.
!list

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5797 on: June 30, 2018, 07:43:15 AM »
Ordered an Xbox One X.

Big and way too heavy box arrives.
Start to think it is probably the wrong product.

Open the box. Find another box inside the box next to the 4K Blu Ray's I ordered with it.
No packaging material or anything so def not electronics I think.

I Open the other box and find 2(!) Xbox One X's.

:doge

So now I wait a month to see if the store will figure it out for themselves but I highly doubt it.
Because my order says: 1, the packaging slip also says 1. The employee packing probably didn't know Microsoft send these out in boxes of two.  :doge

I've send this out to some people (co-workers/friends) "Look how stupid this store is lol" but now everyone is gunning for my spare Xbox One X.
I wanted to hook-up my old Xbox One at the office so we could play games there but that will make me look like a cheapskate.

Other routes include returning or selling it. But I don't feel like packaging this thing up and paying for shipping it back.

#firstworldproblems
🤴

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #5798 on: June 30, 2018, 01:10:41 PM »
Return it. Some poor warehouse employee is probably getting negative performance metrics.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5799 on: June 30, 2018, 01:37:55 PM »
Return it. Some poor warehouse employee is probably getting negative performance metrics.
After some alcohol and moral discussions I've decided that I will inform them of their error.
Chances are that this mistake was made multiple times and at worst I have to pay shipping and at best I get a free giftcard for not fucking them over or something.

Recently we had a sort of same situation at our firm. A client was billed 240 euro, wrongly. So we decided to credit the bill. But our administration accidently wired 2400 instead of 240.
The client was kind enough to return us the 2160. Even though one of my co-workers said: "If he hadn't done it, I would've stole his boat" I feel that morally it is the right course.

It also fixes the dilemma of 10 people who 'want' this free Xbox and being a cheapskate for donating the old Xbox to our office entertainment.
I'm a total soyboy and corporate capitalist shill for not keeping or selling it though.  :fbm
🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5800 on: June 30, 2018, 01:38:50 PM »
WEAK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5801 on: June 30, 2018, 06:37:52 PM »
Pay shipping? No way would they make you pay shipping for telling them about their fuckup. And if they tried I’d tell them to come to my house and pick it up themselves.

shosta

« Reply #5802 on: July 01, 2018, 08:41:23 PM »
It's 105F and I don't have a car
每天生气

TVC15

« Reply #5803 on: July 01, 2018, 08:48:04 PM »

I just go to sleep when it’s too hot. Try it, kiddo.
serge

Tasty

« Reply #5804 on: July 01, 2018, 09:44:01 PM »
I literally *can't* got to sleep if it's too hot, lol.

I need it to be cool when I go to sleep and ideally warm when I wake up. If I wake up, after a good night of rest, via overheating it's pretty much the only factor that always results in me getting out of bed on time.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5805 on: July 01, 2018, 10:06:38 PM »
I think that my air conditioner schedule has acted as a form of natural selection to the fruit flies in my apartment.  Now when I turn down the temperature they don't go away.  Some of them are wearing animal skins and hunting mammoths with sharpened sticks. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5806 on: July 01, 2018, 10:12:20 PM »
Also, why do I have fruit flies?  Cause it's 80 here and I ate a banana. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5807 on: July 01, 2018, 11:03:26 PM »
Getting more SCOTCH in my mustache than my mouth.  WHAT A DAY

shosta

« Reply #5808 on: July 01, 2018, 11:32:47 PM »

I just go to sleep when it’s too hot. Try it, kiddo.
I accidentally took a 3 hour nap and now I won't be able to sleep properly tonight. Fuck you, TVC!
每天生气

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5809 on: July 02, 2018, 01:09:36 AM »
Getting more SCOTCH in my mustache than my mouth.  WHAT A DAY

AP: THIS JUST IN, MILLENNIALS ARE KILLING THE LIQUOR INDUSTRY

Corporal

« Reply #5810 on: July 02, 2018, 04:12:56 PM »
Every x weeks (for any given 1<x<30) I get stuck on listening to old C64 sid tunes because I stumble across e.g. Romeo Knight - Beat to the pulp, just to name the most popular and well-known one.

It starts with hearing that song. Then listening to some other stuff on my playlist. Then furiously backpedaling and looking for my re-code of the sid tune somewhere in the depths of my collection, then put it on endless repeat until I grow bored of it again. Then the real craving starts.

I'll look to where I stored the HVSIDC files and the sidplayer for Windows and notice that I wiped them the last time I sated such cravings. So I'll re-enter the whole bullshit exercise of downloading the sid files and looking up and configuring a good sidplayer again. Of which there are 298745065387 variations but only like 439838749 support HVSIDC parsing of related bonus info and song timings. I resolve to NOT remove this from my disk once I'm done with listening to it, once again.

So once more I'm tearing apart my poor eardrums with lightly modified barely mixed  sine/sawtooth/square waves. It hurts. But it's so good. Can't stop. Won't stop.

...don't even get me started on what happens whenever I stumble over some mod fi.. saaaay... is... is modarchive still up? Let me check... just for a second... yes... just a second.

Send help
!list

thisismyusername

« Reply #5811 on: July 03, 2018, 04:29:51 AM »
Buying exam vouchers. Place I'm buying them from wants verification to prevent scams. Uh...?

Hopefully I get the damn vouchers since 1) this place wrote the text-book and 2) same last name of the support person as the author. Which, doesn't mean much, but probably means a mom-and-pop place. Which seems weird for a text-book writer, but whatever. I need those vouchers to place a date for my certification and then looking for a job outside the industry I'm currently in.

shosta

« Reply #5812 on: July 03, 2018, 08:20:17 AM »
What's the industry you're in right now? Gay porn?
每天生气

thisismyusername

« Reply #5813 on: July 03, 2018, 09:08:05 AM »
Maybe~

Vouchers came through. Exams are booked. :rejoice
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 11:45:51 AM by thisismyusername »

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #5814 on: July 04, 2018, 12:06:13 AM »
One of the hosts on the most recent episode of Citations Needed talked about a B/C plot in an episode of Blossom out of the blue and I knew exactly what they were talking about. :'(

Tasty

« Reply #5815 on: July 06, 2018, 12:20:12 PM »
Someone killed themselves by jumping in front of the train I was supposed to take back to my place. Selfish loser delayed it 1.5 hours so now I'm staying at my parents an extra day. And I forgot my Switch and 3DS at home. 😫

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5816 on: July 06, 2018, 02:24:12 PM »
Well, at least someone died I guess :doge
que

Tasty

« Reply #5817 on: July 06, 2018, 02:31:19 PM »
Well, at least someone died I guess :doge

That's the only silver lining.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #5818 on: July 06, 2018, 03:12:49 PM »
undercooked my potatoes for the second day in a row

fml

I boil mine for 10 minutes now before I season/cook them. They're always soft now.

I got sick of having so many dinners held up another 10-20 minutes because the potatoes werent done.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #5819 on: July 06, 2018, 04:49:40 PM »
The real tragedy is that there's now a gamer stuck without a portable console.