Author Topic: Heaven for Leather: Bore Biker Daddies Only  (Read 23504 times)

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
Re: Heaven for Leather: Bore Biker Daddies Only
« Reply #240 on: January 18, 2015, 10:23:47 PM »
RICE KING!
duc

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #241 on: March 07, 2015, 01:15:30 AM »
I want one so bad. :noah

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #242 on: March 07, 2015, 12:13:51 PM »
ugh, a transverse twin with russian build "quality". ural's are the ultimate hipster bike, even moreso because the pnw is the best place to source them in the states. (well, until the gearbox splits and heaves oil all over your bruno maglis at 4k miles.) get a sidecar with a goggle-wearing retriever for max wes anderson twee, brehs.

get a guzzi; or, if you REALLY want to bring the effete worldly superiority, a good overpriced mv agusta brutale (for the oily southern lothario, and the dragster edition if you wanna fuck ibiza sluts thrice nightly) or stradale (for the sneering northern traveler).

i ride aprilia because it's the alienware gaming pc to ducati's imac.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 12:20:05 PM by Van Cruncheon »
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #243 on: March 07, 2015, 12:15:04 PM »
dp
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 12:19:55 PM by Van Cruncheon »
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #244 on: March 07, 2015, 12:18:51 PM »

:lawd :lawd :lawd
duc

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #245 on: March 07, 2015, 01:19:06 PM »
Drinky, I love that you call a Ural the ultimate hipster bike to dissuade me from lusting after a rebadged BMW from 1936. :heart

Also that you'd suggest a sidecar when I don't even have a dog to ride in it, to say nothing of persons. :lol

As always though, thank you for the 411. You're like the bike daddy I never had. :-[

E: :bow Aprilia :bow2

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #246 on: March 07, 2015, 03:34:12 PM »
admittedly, one of the best things about a bike is a legit excuse to NOT give friends lifts
duc

Kara

« Reply #247 on: March 07, 2015, 08:35:07 PM »
Oooooh this R nineT (Jesus whoever named this should get a dunce cap) thing looks like it'd render me even more of a disappointment to my bike dad. :o

Plus it's got like triple the HP of the Ural's boxer so my chances of dying increase substantially. 8)

I feel like this bike is the perfect compromise. Between me and myself, that is.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #248 on: March 07, 2015, 09:00:30 PM »
the new r1200r has better gear and performance, but the RnineT is indeed a looker
duc

Kara

« Reply #249 on: March 08, 2015, 12:12:00 AM »
In terms of features and price I liked that bike, but the styling is so :holeup.

Also its gauges. :goty2

I don't want something that belongs next to a Countach and I don't give a fucking shit about what Steve McQueen rode X years ago--I just want a god damn bike to ride around town that isn't a waste of my money (e.g. a retro pandering design) or a waste of the bike's capabilities.

Maybe I'll just grab one of the UJM heirs. :snoop

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #250 on: March 08, 2015, 12:18:33 AM »
honda cb1100 it is!
duc

Kara

« Reply #251 on: March 08, 2015, 12:49:08 AM »
At least that has an inline 4 (IIRC) and I'm spared V-twin hell. :larry

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #252 on: March 08, 2015, 09:09:49 PM »
here's a lame, short trip to the gym on my tuono v4, with dubious commentary:

and something a LITTLE more intense:

duc

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #253 on: March 24, 2015, 04:04:41 PM »
Was thinking about possibly purchasing a scooter.  Three wheels since I'm a wussy after having had an accident on a two wheeled 50cc scooter some years ago.  Would just be using it to drive to the train station and back.   Are any of these things allowed on highways, or does it depend on the state?  I see they have trike motorcycles too.
ど助平

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #254 on: March 25, 2015, 01:58:05 PM »
piaggio 3-wheelers might as well be two-wheeled since they lean. just take the msf training course for scooters and get a 150cc ride. you will thank me laterz.
duc

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #255 on: March 27, 2015, 04:14:48 PM »
Dunno if this would work since I'd be pretty much fucked during bad storms and those few times when there's bad ice and snow here in the winter.   :-\

What about getting a sidecar?  Wouldn't that stop leaning?  Could be a form of storage space too.
ど助平

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #256 on: March 27, 2015, 05:40:47 PM »
Go for the Polaris Slingshot or Can Am Spyder. My next "car" is going to be a slingshot... After I buy my next motorcycle.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #257 on: March 30, 2015, 12:13:37 PM »
Go for the Polaris Slingshot or Can Am Spyder. My next "car" is going to be a slingshot... After I buy my next motorcycle.

Both of those look awesome, but for the price I could just buy a car-- some of those configurations cost more than my Fit did!  I would just want something cheap to go back and forth to the station with.  Maybe I should just think about a Smart Car.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 12:18:09 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

Kara

Kara

« Reply #259 on: May 13, 2015, 09:43:28 PM »
Think I'm finally settled on something--KTM's Duke. :rock

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #260 on: May 13, 2015, 11:20:08 PM »
which duke: 390, 690, or 1290 r?
duc

Kara

« Reply #261 on: May 13, 2015, 11:21:26 PM »
Ideally the 690 but it'll likely be the 390 unless I'm a biker savant.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #262 on: May 13, 2015, 11:30:34 PM »
a wise man.
duc

Kara

« Reply #263 on: May 14, 2015, 08:37:26 PM »
Thanks bike dad. :-[

Most importantly, the Duke consistently fails the woman test so I won't have to worry about a bonus to my attractiveness stat when I'm scooting about. :rejoice

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #264 on: May 15, 2015, 12:31:16 AM »
i dunno, it's a thumper. not a dry pair of panties after riding on the back of a high-revving single.   :heyman
duc

Kara

« Reply #265 on: May 15, 2015, 02:11:01 AM »
I don't doubt it, but the important thing is that they don't want to get on it in the first place because it looks stupid. :cody

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #266 on: May 15, 2015, 11:53:25 AM »
the phrase "come ride the little duke" should help.
duc

« Reply #267 on: August 05, 2016, 12:36:33 PM »
Got a new bike:

Side bar, panniers, and wind screen on the way. Gonna do some exploring in Colorado and New Mexico in the coming month.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #268 on: August 05, 2016, 12:41:20 PM »
Welcome back into the fray!  NW New Mexico I imagine?  That's a beautiful area man.  I'm jealous.

« Reply #269 on: August 05, 2016, 12:43:30 PM »
Heading to North New Mexico (Carson National Forest) for Labor Day weekend! :hyper

When do you want to meet in Austin?

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #270 on: August 05, 2016, 12:47:44 PM »
In the near future the only weekend I have plans for is next weekend.  A Saturday morning would probably work best since it'll take me about 3 hours to get to Austin.  We hitting the hill country?  So just let me know which Saturday works for you!

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #271 on: August 07, 2016, 10:35:09 PM »
let's go to sturgis and get tore up
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #272 on: August 07, 2016, 10:36:56 PM »
also go this beast back in may:

« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 02:44:21 PM by Van Cruncheon »
duc

nudemacusers

« Reply #273 on: August 07, 2016, 10:50:33 PM »
let's go to sturgis and get tore up
can't you just go to Pony on cap hill to do that?  :doge
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #274 on: August 07, 2016, 11:08:00 PM »
pony? the fuck do you think i am bruh :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
the cuff is where it's at, dem bearz :drool
[close]

spoiler (click to show/hide)
z club :cody :cody :cody
[close]
duc

« Reply #275 on: August 08, 2016, 01:12:47 PM »
I'm reading the adventure bike forums and they are making fun of my Scrambler :'-(

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #276 on: August 08, 2016, 01:40:55 PM »
I'm reading the adventure bike forums and they are making fun of my Scrambler :'-(
:brofist

Everyone makes fun of Harleys so I know how you feel.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #277 on: August 08, 2016, 02:45:48 PM »
hipster trash, buy a flaky and boring f800gsa or broke-down ktm 690 enduro like all the other old-ass dayglo adv snobz
duc

« Reply #278 on: August 12, 2016, 08:35:31 PM »

Time to tour
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 08:40:03 PM by Samson Manhug »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #279 on: August 12, 2016, 09:00:58 PM »
Looks awesome! Take lots of pictures.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #280 on: May 30, 2017, 06:21:50 PM »
Traded in my Road King.  They made me a hell of a deal I couldn't pass up and the miles I put on these bikes I figured it was a smart move to get into something with a warranty.  I went full Geezer Glide with a Road Glide Special...

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 08:17:02 PM by Mupepe »

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #281 on: October 03, 2017, 12:19:47 AM »
why did this happen to me

duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #282 on: October 03, 2017, 12:29:33 AM »
in case you are questioning the state of my midlife crisis, let me note that i have added:

a 117ci stage iii BIG BORE(tm) kit, for obvious reasons. additionally, it included the HEAVY BREATHER(tm) air intake and the STREET CANNON(tm) pipes.

basically, i have fully embraced the homoerotic studded leather lifestyle that defines the last vestige of masculine america. plus dat contoured CORNFED CRUISER(tm) seat and dem GRIP N' RIP(tm) BUCKHORN(tm) bars make sure i keep my roadflower from getting mulched <3

:tauntaun :tauntaun

harley-davidson is what the bore once promised us all -- tom of finland dreams with uncle sam values. now, the rest of you have a plurality of benjis jerking each other off in the interwebs equivalent of an i-90 rest stop. me, though, i found the bore again, with its big boy displacement and heavy short stroke pounding away as i roll on by.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 12:49:23 AM by Van Cruncheon »
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #283 on: October 03, 2017, 08:01:03 AM »
Took you long enough old man.  The Heritage is a great bike.  Not because it's particularly well engineered, not because it's powerful, not because it's fast - IT'S NONE OF THOSE THINGS!  But it is pretty fucking comfy, has a great sound and looks beautiful. 

PS.  Get some white walls... The cool thing about them is that they turn into brown walls in half a day.  MULTI COLOR WHEELS!

Who did the kit on the engine?  The Harley cams and tunes are garbage so I hope it's not screaming eagle shit. 

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #284 on: October 03, 2017, 08:06:13 AM »
P.S.  People like to put their kids on Harleys they see in a parking lot.  People like to sit on your Harley in a parking lot.  People like to go turn on your accessories for some reason.  I got into it with a guy in the parking lot of a restaurant when I came out and he had his kid on my bike and he didn't understand why it was rude or unacceptable.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #285 on: October 03, 2017, 10:20:42 AM »
it's screaming eagle shit. it's all that's available for 114s right now (they still don't have the full stage iv kits). i'm adding a better tuner (the street tuner pro is garbage) and v&h pipes when they're available. fuelmoto has a full tune kit coming next month, supposedly. :-( fuck my warranty!

also, it's plenty fast even now with 115 hp and 126 ft/lbs of torque. ;-) it pulls hard throughout the whole rev range before the rev and speed limiters shut my ass down (fuckin' epa am i rite). a better tune/pipes will get me around 120 hp and 133 ft lbs of torque, which is just. about. perfect.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 10:32:54 AM by Van Cruncheon »
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #286 on: October 03, 2017, 10:27:37 AM »
the new 2018 heritage has a completely redesigned suspension which is frankly genius. 4.4" of travel (yes, yes, lol) as opposed to 2.8", and a lean angle of 32 degrees -- and it soaks up bumps, plus holds a line through even gnarly switchbacks at speed like a razor. i hounded a friend on his r1 and he was all FUCK OFF OLD MAN. it's a sleeper -- looks like a '65 knuck; handles like a (fat-ass) yamerha.
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #287 on: October 03, 2017, 10:36:32 AM »
i have yet to find white walls that aren't shitty bias-ply. i hate the vague feeling they give in corners, and they usually don't deal with the wet well. :-( i had them on the eldorado and they made my wife's beef flaps tickle -- she's disappointed with the blackwalls on the new ride but i suspect that's less because of the absent classic look and more because the chance of her getting a life insurance payout dropped by 1% or so
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #288 on: October 03, 2017, 11:38:00 AM »
mmmm  that 114 sounds like a beauty.  I haven't done any research on it but I assume it's based on the new Milwaukee 8 design and so far the aftermarket support sucks.  I want some Rinehart true duals for my road glide but they don't have them yet.  And yes the new softail suspension is a fucking godsend.  That new front fork designs also make slow speed maneuvering a fucking breeze compared to previous models.  The new overhauls they're doing is what got me to trade in my 2014 Road King for the Road Glide. 

I assume those numbers are at the wheel?  The engine torque would be much higher I imagine.  I've not heard too many horror stories about Harley telling people to fuck off due to aftermarket exhaust, intake or tunes.  They only get snippy on internals like cams/lifters, etc. 

I'm happy if you're happy.  We have different riding styles.  I'm slow and easy like mac that's cheesy  :D

I honestly never had any issues with Dunlop whitewalls in wet weather but just like the stock dunlops they wore like shit.  My wife loved them too on my Road King but I got tired of literally cleaning them every day after each commute.  I ditched them on the next tire change. 

All kidding aside I really like the direction Harley is going in.  They're working on catching up technologically while keeping the classic cruiser look.  I can dig that.  All 3 of my bikes have been rock solid anyhow even with my Road King getting 60k miles in less than 2 years.  I'll probably be trading my Road Glide in 2 years from now anyways because fuck it but yeah.  I think you'll be happy.  Plenty of displacement to play with if you're into turning her into a beast.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #289 on: October 03, 2017, 12:39:26 PM »
yeah, that's at the wheel. i have a riding buddy that's a pro tuner. i went with the se-498 cam, which is all about hp.
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #290 on: October 03, 2017, 12:46:14 PM »
When we meet up are you going to let me sit on your rumble pack??? When are we meeting up cross country??!! 

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #291 on: October 03, 2017, 05:05:02 PM »
i will likely be riding to the middle of oklahoma june/jul next year, and wouldn't mind detouring to texas! alternatively, if yer in the oregon/norcal area, i'll meet ya wherevs. we can hook up with the bandidos, get patched, and make arvie our property
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #292 on: October 03, 2017, 05:07:32 PM »
everyone knows the bore was made for baggin'  :omg :lawd
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #293 on: October 03, 2017, 07:54:40 PM »
Hell yeah! I can meet you in OK or somewhere else nearby! I need a good long distance trip.