Author Topic: Pallando will return in "Never Say Never Again"  (Read 1244767 times)

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #1260 on: December 02, 2011, 02:49:15 PM »
Having watched Peep Show (inspired by Dobby) I want that significant other I can just lay and bed with all day, drink bourbon and watch whole boxsets of TV shows. But that's man child fantasy x1000. A chick that's vibrating at my wavelength at least, doesn't need to be exactly like me... no wait, I never want to meet someone exactly like me.
:9

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #1261 on: December 02, 2011, 02:56:42 PM »
you can have sex with yourself any time you want
duc

Himu

« Reply #1262 on: December 02, 2011, 02:58:00 PM »
GAME TALK IRL ONLY IF SOMEONE IS PLAYING A GAME PLZ
IYKYK

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1263 on: December 02, 2011, 02:58:30 PM »
I talk about games irl, and movies, and music, and food, and politics.  What else are you supposed to talk about with people?  I'm not really into small talk, myself.

people, office politics, gossip, shared experience, stories, personal events and history, the internet, popular culture observations, our collective dislike of furries -- there's a SHITLOAD of stuff to talk about if you aren't an insular goon that demands all conversations revolve around your hobbies/interests.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:00:11 PM by Van Cruncheon »
duc

Himu

« Reply #1264 on: December 02, 2011, 03:01:04 PM »
I talk about games irl, and movies, and music, and food, and politics.  What else are you supposed to talk about with people?  I'm not really into small talk, myself.

people, office politics, gossip, shared experience, stories, personal events and history, the internet, popular culture observations, our collective dislike of furries -- there's a SHITLOAD of stuff to talk about if you aren't an insular goon that demands all conversations revolve around your hobbies/interests.

i like talking about the universe and the stars
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1265 on: December 02, 2011, 03:02:09 PM »
:lol  Van Cruncheon

I was trying not to be a dick about it.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1266 on: December 02, 2011, 03:21:21 PM »
There are plenty of other things to talk about.  I don't mind most subjects but I only mentioned games and politics because they both tend to be extremely polarizing.  It's just that one is a really stupid subject to get into a heated debate about.  My friends and I talk about movies, food, cars, relationships, what's generally going on in our life, gardening, home improvement, etc.  Basically any of the dozens of subjects that have to do with my life.  I just usually find there are far better things I want to discuss other than speculating about the Xbox 720 and what games will be localized.  usually when games come up it's nostalgic conversations about how obsessed we were when we were younger.

I have a certain friend who loves to bring up politics. You guys can guess exactly who he supports, I'm sure (I have alluded to him in the past on this board - the dude who likes to dress up like a pirate for fun).
^_^

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1267 on: December 02, 2011, 03:24:46 PM »
 :lol

Yeah and that's why I don't engage in it.  I have an in law who always wants to talk politics and is so misinformed.  He watches Fox news and throws out stupid completely fabricated statistics and facts.  It takes all my will to avoid arguing and sometimes I can't resist just correcting him on some things

Himu

« Reply #1268 on: December 02, 2011, 04:41:38 PM »
can we add religion as a topic not worth discussing 99% of the time too? It will always involve distinguished mentally-challenged unless its two people who don't get butthurt over it.

what if someone's car is vandalized because it has a darwin fish on it
IYKYK

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1269 on: December 02, 2011, 04:43:41 PM »
Religion's pretty much just a really boring hobby, so I'd assume it was included.
zzzzz

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1270 on: December 02, 2011, 04:46:26 PM »
Religion is a book club you go to every Sunday and read the same book every week

Himu

« Reply #1271 on: December 02, 2011, 04:55:18 PM »
Religion is a book club you go to every Sunday and read the same book every week

Except you pick your favorite parts and refuse to accept the bad parts.
IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1272 on: December 02, 2011, 04:58:36 PM »

Sounds like Lost fans
AMC

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1273 on: December 02, 2011, 05:12:25 PM »

Sounds like Lost fans

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
:9

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1274 on: December 02, 2011, 07:42:23 PM »

Sounds like Lost fans
Suck.A.Dick

I take the good with the bad on Lost

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1275 on: December 02, 2011, 07:45:28 PM »
I'm trying to imagine Prole gossiping

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1276 on: December 02, 2011, 09:41:05 PM »

Sounds like Lost fans
Suck.A.Dick

I take the good with the bad on Lost

:rofl  :P
AMC

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1277 on: December 02, 2011, 11:19:56 PM »
The older I get, the less I talk about games.  In fact, the only time I talk gaming is online.  I especially don't talk about games to women.  There are so many twentysomething manchildren who live and die by Xbox and PlayStation that I fear getting put into that category.  General internet nerdery is somewhat socially acceptable or at least not totally revolting to women my age.
🍆🍆

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1278 on: December 03, 2011, 01:07:47 AM »
I'm trying to imagine Prole gossiping

jesus christ how little you know me after all these years
duc

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1279 on: December 03, 2011, 01:12:35 AM »
I just can't see it!

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1280 on: December 03, 2011, 01:25:15 AM »
smh
duc

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1281 on: December 03, 2011, 01:57:45 AM »
what about Pumpkins

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1282 on: December 03, 2011, 02:15:06 AM »
I won't date a Republican, because I don't date idiots.  I'll hatefuck a Libertarian for a couple of weeks, but then I'm all "sorry baby, the market has spoken and I am spending my capital elsewhere"
yar

etiolate

« Reply #1283 on: December 03, 2011, 06:01:46 AM »
I don't mind talking about gaming, but I don't like the way most people talk about videogames.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1284 on: December 03, 2011, 06:48:00 AM »
I won't date a Republican, because I don't date idiots.  I'll hatefuck a Libertarian for a couple of weeks, but then I'm all "sorry baby, the market has spoken and I am spending my capital elsewhere"

In Uni I think one of my fantasies was to sleep with some hack girl from a wealthy sorority.

So close.

I came so close.

:'(

drew

• sy
« Reply #1285 on: December 03, 2011, 07:32:38 AM »
I don't mind talking about gaming, but I don't like the way most people talk about videogames.

I'M GONNA GET SKYRIM CAUSE THAT COMMERCIAL WAS DOPE....WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S NO MULTI THATS GAY

actual comment from a cook i work with, he also wears phish t shirts
[close]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 07:34:14 AM by drew »

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #1286 on: December 03, 2011, 08:00:45 AM »
phish  :-X

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1287 on: December 03, 2011, 09:28:30 AM »
I don't think I ever discuss gaming unless someone else brings it up. It never even occurs to me to do so.

The subjects I have to consciously avoid on dates or when meeting new people are politics, sports and horror. I'll get into sports if the girl shows a genuine interest, but the other two are no-nos for me. The issue with horror is that after working on a horror novel for a few years, I have a tendency to gush about what I found effective in different movies/stories, and most girls just aren't down with that. "Creepy" is probably the worst label you can ever have.

gush, by all means.  if they can't understand why you like something and jump immediately to "ohhh mah gawd, so creepy" then bail the fuck out.  I'd rather be alone forever than be with someone who is dumb and paranoid enough to jump to shitty conclusions about me.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #1288 on: December 03, 2011, 12:21:04 PM »
I know a few girls who would be super turned on by this conversation.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1289 on: December 03, 2011, 01:20:40 PM »
gush, by all means.  if they can't understand why you like something and jump immediately to "ohhh mah gawd, so creepy" then bail the fuck out.  I'd rather be alone forever than be with someone who is dumb and paranoid enough to jump to shitty conclusions about me.

"So you like Alien?"
"Yeah, that film is completely brilliant! The creature is terrifying, but it's also hypnotic in a way because of its sexual undertones."
"What?"
"You know, the way the alien gets implanted in a human is like forced oral rape. And the way it bursts out of the chest is like sexual penetration in reverse. In a way, Ripley is like a rape survivor. And that's not even to mention that the alien's head looks like a giant... where are you going?"

well, yeah, you just don't bust that out on the first date.  gotta have some tact...plus "Ripley is like a rape survivor" should be the first sentence to establish some sympathetic basis for what you're saying.  :lol

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1290 on: December 03, 2011, 10:27:35 PM »
I don't think I ever discuss gaming unless someone else brings it up. It never even occurs to me to do so.

The subjects I have to consciously avoid on dates or when meeting new people are politics, sports and horror. I'll get into sports if the girl shows a genuine interest, but the other two are no-nos for me. The issue with horror is that after working on a horror novel for a few years, I have a tendency to gush about what I found effective in different movies/stories, and most girls just aren't down with that. "Creepy" is probably the worst label you can ever have.

There are a lot of women that rely on snap judgements and if you want a relationship outside of your calloused right hand, you might have to cut down (read: eliminate) discussion of hardcore nerdery unless you know she's down or will tolerate it.

Not speaking from personal experience but I do know of women that drop a dode who admitted to playing Xbox 360 on the weekends.  I guess she thought it was too immature or some shit.

To be fair, I kind of do the same.  Any woman that owns the complete set of Sex and the City and wants me to be the Mr. Big to her Carrie will result in me backing the fuck away.  It's happened a few times btw :'(
🍆🍆

Inspector Thatcher

« Reply #1291 on: December 05, 2011, 09:26:04 PM »
To be fair, I kind of do the same.  Any woman that owns the complete set of Sex and the City and wants me to be the Mr. Big to her Carrie will result in me backing the fuck away.  It's happened a few times btw :'(

I apologize on behalf of my gender (for expecting you to fulfil a fictional role).

There are much better shows to own complete box-sets of, anyhow.
[close]

ZephyrFate

« Reply #1292 on: December 06, 2011, 03:12:21 AM »
chase and I broke up because he wasn't willing to work with the fact that he was working so much and seeing me very little and he felt like a bad boyfriend AND he wasn't falling for me like I was for him

so happy fucking shit sucking holidays everyone. fuck life and everyone.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1293 on: December 06, 2011, 03:51:40 AM »
chase and I broke up because he wasn't willing to work with the fact that he was working so much and seeing me very little and he felt like a bad boyfriend AND he wasn't falling for me like I was for him

Men are assholes.

ZephyrFate

« Reply #1294 on: December 06, 2011, 04:05:24 AM »
you guys don't give a shit about me so i dunno why im saying anything, but i need to vent somewhere

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1295 on: December 06, 2011, 04:36:22 AM »
Zephyr, you're  a young and smart succesful lawyer, everything will be ok.

etiolate

« Reply #1296 on: December 06, 2011, 06:09:22 AM »
:lol poor bebpo

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1297 on: December 06, 2011, 08:51:39 AM »
Nothing really new with dating... talking to some veterinarian chick who lists one of her hobbies as "going down to the shooting range"... this could be interesting!
^_^

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1298 on: December 06, 2011, 10:32:19 AM »

:rofl The other guy I know was crying for the same reason. HES NOT PAYING ENOUGH ATTENTION TO ME
fat

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1299 on: December 06, 2011, 10:58:04 AM »

There are a lot of women that rely on snap judgements and if you want a relationship outside of your calloused right hand, you might have to cut down (read: eliminate) discussion of hardcore nerdery unless you know she's down or will tolerate it.

Not speaking from personal experience but I do know of women that drop a dode who admitted to playing Xbox 360 on the weekends.  I guess she thought it was too immature or some shit.

yeah, i backpedaled a bit, there's certainly some tact/timing to it.   

but if "I play 360 on the weekends sometimes" disqualifies you, it's for the better. 

lol @ the sex and the city box set.  My comments about that show were prompted by a girl who had it prominently on display in her apartment (along with the complete Friends set) and sure enough, she twisted, turned, warmed up, cooled down, and generally couldn't decide what the hell to do with me the whole time...while I just kind of sat there knowing it was FWB (something we agreed on and constantly reminded each other of) and that all of that extra shit was her own brain torturing her. 

All she had to do was be clear when it was gonna be over (I was rebound dude and knew my role and I was gonna enjoy the free sex until it was over), but she even screwed that up by dumping me, then calling me over a week later, twice.  Third time she lured me into her apartment with the promise of sex as usual, then just sat there not saying anything, then mumbled something about calling it off.  I got pretty mad at that point and blew it up...no reason for someone who was pretty solid in life otherwise to be so unconfident and irresponsible.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1300 on: December 06, 2011, 12:13:48 PM »

Sorry to hear that.  :'(

What type of job did he have? I dunno if it's fair to demand he work less to see you more, considering him working helped you both. But if it was a case of him coming home and not wanting anything to do with you, then I'd agree. Sorry if I'm prodding too much tho

ZephyrFate

« Reply #1301 on: December 06, 2011, 12:33:45 PM »
Is this a fishing for compliments you don't care about me or a drunk and emotional you don't care about me? Either way dawg we are here for ya when you need us, chill out and go lay down for a bit or something.
Oh yeah, I was shitfaced last night.

PD: I didn't demand anything. I was willing to go the extra mile and stay with him despite the fact that I was seeing him only once a week. He works two jobs, and because of that he's sometimes working 30 hours (or more) in a weekend alone. He wasn't willing to put me through that and he didn't think it would work.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:36:36 PM by ZephyrFate »

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1302 on: December 08, 2011, 01:30:30 PM »
just got dumped! merry christmas!

put a bullet in me PLEASE
zzzzz

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1303 on: December 08, 2011, 01:45:31 PM »
just got dumped! merry christmas!

put a bullet in me PLEASE
:(  Sorry, dude. 

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1304 on: December 08, 2011, 02:11:12 PM »
so just HOW drunk should i get tonight?
zzzzz

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1305 on: December 08, 2011, 02:11:40 PM »
On a scale of 1 to 10?

20 FUCKING MILLION

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1306 on: December 08, 2011, 02:12:52 PM »
gonna sob and play skyrim. best pity party ever!
zzzzz

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1307 on: December 08, 2011, 03:43:53 PM »
I'm still sending her her present cause I spent like 40 hours working on it. I don't want it.
zzzzz

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1308 on: December 08, 2011, 03:48:46 PM »
THE ABSOLUTE WORST is I owe her like 300 dollars so I gotta set up a fucking bank transfer after she shattered my heart.
zzzzz

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1309 on: December 08, 2011, 03:51:25 PM »
THE ABSOLUTE WORST is I owe her like 300 dollars so I gotta set up a fucking bank transfer after she shattered my heart.

It'd probably be worse if she owed you money and never paid you back.
AMC

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1310 on: December 08, 2011, 03:52:34 PM »
Well aren't I lucky.
zzzzz

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1311 on: December 08, 2011, 03:53:46 PM »
Well aren't I lucky.

Tell her that present is worth $300.
AMC

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1312 on: December 08, 2011, 04:01:30 PM »
She played the "it's not you it's me" card and played it well. I have no room to be a dick.
zzzzz

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1313 on: December 08, 2011, 05:10:11 PM »
We had to take a patient to court over unpaid services, and while she lost the case, the judge didn't determine the money had to be paid on any timetable. So she pays us $5 a month out of spite

You should pay your gf $5 a month

Bebpo

« Reply #1314 on: December 08, 2011, 05:30:48 PM »
Sorry to hear about that man.  Do what you feel is right with the money. 

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1315 on: December 08, 2011, 05:45:43 PM »
She's not an asshole. Well she is for going from "oh boy i sure love being in love with you and can't wait until we live together etc etc" to "i have stuff i need to sort out" in literally the span of like one or two weeks, but her "stuff" she needs to sort out is the kind of stuff i can't get mad at her for. like, it's legit stuff and only the most evil, twisted person would lie about something like that to end a relationship, which she's not.

she'll get the money and the gift but i promise im not talking to her again for a looooooong time.
zzzzz

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1316 on: December 08, 2011, 06:01:51 PM »
sorry to hear that Bob. 

as for my deal, christ, my head is spinning.  I gotta slow this thing down a minute.  after being hyped for so long, it starts to feel out of control! 

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1317 on: December 09, 2011, 01:45:06 AM »
fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuck
zzzzz

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1318 on: December 09, 2011, 02:52:24 AM »
is there any way to make someone not exist on my facebook without deleting them> fuck i;m drunk.
zzzzz

Pringo

« Reply #1319 on: December 09, 2011, 03:13:16 AM »
is there any way to make someone not exist on my facebook without deleting them> fuck i;m drunk.

You could probably block their updates from showing in your feed.