Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1871565 times)

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Prole, Shake made a fairly weak post, Boogie lectured him for it, and when Shake snapped back (not entirely inappropriately), Boogie wrote an entire paragraph explaining how he his a fucking HERO and Shake is gutter trash.

Then I wrote a one-liner which Boogie could have effectively dismissed with a "Neither can you."
PS4

My fingers ain't so chubby now, Prole. See what I mean about people still using shit from four years ago?

You telling me the Icons don't like me is like telling me the sky is blue. I can't think of anything less shocking. And I'm not posting here for their amusement; I'm posting because people have asked me to come back for years, and because a number of dudes (like Ichi, PD, etc.) here I'm cool with and like to keep contact with on my off-hours.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
If me and Ichi both left this place would be pretty boring. Cheebs would probably leave too, then this place would go back to being practically dead.

Quantity != quality.

:lol at this place being worse off if Cheebs left.

wrong, boogie: ichi, like shake, is a dude with too much time on his hands who can't let any perceived internet transgression slide. one diss in a thread, and out comes their paper bags and chattering fingers; the only difference is the type of response, with ichi pulling the mother-in-law card and going personal and dredging up unrelated slights from years previous, and shake nervously waggling his chubby index finger and wheezing "nuh-uh, YOU started it" in what he hopes is an appropriately disaffected tone

i was fine with their return, but they're both back to their tired shenanigans. some personalities simply CAN get overexposed to quickly.

:bow
MMA

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Let's be fair Boogie, James Bond would never eat fucking poutine.  Just saying!
yar

Prole, Shake made a fairly weak post, Boogie lectured him for it, and when Shake snapped back (not entirely inappropriately), Boogie wrote an entire paragraph explaining how he his a fucking HERO and Shake is gutter trash.

Then I wrote a one-liner which Boogie could have effectively dismissed with a "Neither can you."

I made an offhand joke, Boogie tries to make a snarky comeback out of the blue calling me out on my lack of wit, then gets progressively more roided up and shouty the more I blow him off.

And I'm the one who's out of line? :lol

Human Snorenado

• Icon
I wouldn't say you're out of line, just that you're fuck all obnoxious and for some reason Ichi feels the need to be your over protective boyfriend.  The whole thing is tiresome, honestly.
yar

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
You know, let me just quote the post that set Boogie off:

Yes cleaning toilets and shit is a middle class jerb :bow

This was a frickin' joke made in reply to a post of Willco's.  I really don't see why it garnered the reaction it did or why it's now turned into "Let's ban Ichi and Shake, getting tired of their childish shenanigans!"
PS4

I hate to prove Prole right, but alas, I didn't start it. And this is hardly the first time Boogie has tried to call me out and be a dick to me out of the blue since my return.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
My fingers ain't so chubby now, Prole. See what I mean about people still using shit from four years ago?

You telling me the Icons don't like me is like telling me the sky is blue. I can't think of anything less shocking. And I'm not posting here for their amusement; I'm posting because people have asked me to come back for years, and because a number of dudes (like Ichi, PD, etc.) here I'm cool with and like to keep contact with on my off-hours.

i didn't even know you were fat to begin with, and i don't care. i construct an image in my mind of every poster based off of their posting acumen, and to me, you're a pale asthmatic kid with an attention deficit disorder and the sort of nasally whine that attracts other flabby nerdthings and leaves the rest of us with residual tinnitis and an overwhelming desire to sink your head in a toilet.
duc

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
I think I speak for the majority when I say that we can only hope that boringness comes sooner rather than later.

Yea, all this battling is getting to be too much. Bring back duckman

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
You know, let me just quote the post that set Boogie off:

Yes cleaning toilets and shit is a middle class jerb :bow

This was a frickin' joke made in reply to a post of Willco's.  I really don't see why it garnered the reaction it did or why it's now turned into "Let's ban Ichi and Shake, getting tired of their childish shenanigans!"

let's ban ichi and shake, getting tired of their childish shenanigans
duc

I'd be willing to accept an apology, Boogie :-*

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon

In other words, I made a post on the topic.  Shake replied with a post that didn't make any gawdamned sense.  I called him out on it.  Shake was unable to respond other than posting a cutesy smilie, then a one-liner when I didn't drop the issue.

THEN he starts some bullshit about me living a "sad life", as laughable as that is, and then you rush to his defense about me not being able to "get laid"

In other words, you, a 30-year old in Korea, are so beholden to your 19-year old film school butt-buddie in Michigan, that you are able to completely throw any logic or rationality to the wind.

If you and Shake really want an all-out, drag-em-out shitstorm, I'm all game.  Just keep in mind that in between forum taunts, I have actual shit to do so that you don't get all butthurt when I don't respond to you after 6 hours.
MMA

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
ichi, you act as though the shake experience, as it were, is solely confined to this one thread

ah, if it only it were, if only

willco, if only
duc

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon

Better check the temperature in hell first, you infantile fuckstick.
MMA

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
I wouldn't say you're out of line, just that you're fuck all obnoxious and for some reason Ichi feels the need to be your over protective boyfriend.  The whole thing is tiresome, honestly.

I made an offhand one-liner about something Boogie has been extremely public about.  It's sort of like if someone made a joke about me getting ripped off by Mupepe...which everyone does all the time and which I take in good humor.
PS4

Better check the temperature in hell first, you infantile fuckstick.

See? More name-calling, and yet I'm the immature child?

Oh, you Icons and your silly mindfucks.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
aaaaaamazing grace, how sweet it is
duc

Maybe it would be better if Boogie had me on ignore, or just stopped trying to earn cool points on the "grown up forum" by going after me randomly and with no provocation whatsoever time and time again. If that's the "Boogie Experience", then it certainly hasn't been confined to one thread either.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
it's a hard knock life, pugsley
duc

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas

In other words, I made a post on the topic.  Shake replied with a post that didn't make any gawdamned sense.  I called him out on it.  Shake was unable to respond other than posting a cutesy smilie, then a one-liner when I didn't drop the issue.

THEN he starts some bullshit about me living a "sad life", as laughable as that is, and then you rush to his defense about me not being able to "get laid"

In other words, you, a 30-year old in Korea, are so beholden to your 19-year old film school butt-buddie in Michigan, that you are able to completely throw any logic or rationality to the wind.

If you and Shake really want an all-out, drag-em-out shitstorm, I'm all game.  Just keep in mind that in between forum taunts, I have actual shit to do so that you don't get all butthurt when I don't respond to you after 6 hours.

Boogie, I actually like you and acknowledge you are far more intelligent than I.  I have absolutely zero desire to get owned and humiliated, which would be the result of any verbal battle we'd engage in.

My response wasn't so much a defense of shake as the fact that you're always complaining about how hard it is to date and here you are replying to shake talking about all the amazing stuff you've done (some of which, you imply, is so important you can't even talk about it), and I saw a chance for a snarky one-liner.  It wasn't meant as a personal jab and I'm sorry if that's how it came out as.
PS4

It is when you have a small militia still trying to start shit with you after four years of silence. :'(

I don't have a problem with any of you. I just find it odd that you guys still carry so much hate and disdain for posters who contribute more to "your" forum than you actually do.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
Maybe it would be better if Boogie had me on ignore,

What have I said?  Ignore list is fore pusssies.

or just stopped trying to earn cool points on the "grown up forum" by going after me randomly

I don't need to earn "cool points".  I'm not "going after you" anymore than I was "going after" GS.  I see people posting stupid shit, and I say so.  The fact that you get all sensitive and call on your butt buddies afterwards is not my concern.

and with no provocation whatsoever time and time again. If that's the "Boogie Experience", then it certainly hasn't been confined to one thread either.

what the fuck are you talking about?
MMA

Wait, this thread is for political talk. Maybe you guys would be better off making yet another thread asking for me to be banned and/or lepered? :spin

Because, by all means, please do the adult thing.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Christ, Shake, stop with the goading.  It takes two to tango and you're doing more than your fair share of dancing.
PS4

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
It is when you have a small militia still trying to start shit with you after four years of silence. :'(

I don't have a problem with any of you. I just find it odd that you guys still carry so much hate and disdain for posters who contribute more to "your" forum than you actually do.

"contribute" <> "post count" since a point of clarity seems to be in order

i would rather have 100 posts a month from the likes of cohen/patel/cormac/boogie than 10000 from the michi-bore kindergarten krew

just sayin' is all
duc

I'm still waiting for my apology. :-*

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon

Boogie, I actually like you and acknowledge you are far more intelligent than I.  I have absolutely zero desire to get owned and humiliated, which would be the result of any verbal battle we'd engage in.

My response wasn't so much a defense of shake as the fact that you're always complaining about how hard it is to date and here you are replying to shake talking about all the amazing stuff you've done (some of which, you imply, is so important you can't even talk about it), and I saw a chance for a snarky one-liner.  It wasn't meant as a personal jab and I'm sorry if that's how it came out as.

Does that have anything to do with this thread?  No?  Then why are YOU bringing it up?  You want to make snarky one-liners about my bizarre dating life?  Feel free.  Just keep it in the thread.  If DS starts talking random stupid shit on an unrelated subject?  How 'bout you keep your mouth shut then?

You claim your posts aren't "so much a defense of shake", but nobody else is buying that shit. Fact is, ever since Shake and Cheebs have remerged here, you have decided to become DS's #1 cheerleader in ANY FUCKING THREAD.
MMA

You want to shake hands, Boogie? You want to make up? Or you wanna continue this pointless bickering and shitting up the thread?

I'm waiting :-*

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
Wait, this thread is for political talk. Maybe you guys would be better off making yet another thread asking for me to be banned and/or lepered? :spin

Because, by all means, please do the adult thing.

Hey, if you want political talk, I look forward to the ass-raping.  Somebody pass DS the lube.  If you can't handle actual non-film-related discussion though, then shut the fuck up
MMA

Only if you apply it, baby :-*

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon

What, am I repeating myself now?   Quantity != quality.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 08:27:37 PM by Boogie »
MMA

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
I'm still waiting for my apology. :-*

and that sorta quality response is why none of the big kids like you. you respond because apparently you've never considered the alternative: not responding.
duc

I'm just trying to end this silly argument, Prole. Doing the adult thing.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
you could end it by shutting up, and cutting your post count down to merely the essential responses that don't demonstrate some sort of pathological need to announce your presence
duc

:-X

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Christ, Shake, stop with the goading.  It takes two to tango and you're doing more than your fair share of dancing.

I see two people carrying on. I don't care who "started it," - I'm not a 10 year old. Chill the fuck out, seriously. Or take this convo into another thread, like the off topic/real talk one.

I stopped complaining about the icons the minute I realized I didn't give a shit what people on the internets think about me. You should do the same Shake/Ichi/GS/Boogie/etc. Shake you're a pretty smart dude, doing what you love: film. Boogie you have a damn good career, you're build like an MMA fighter and most people here think you're cool. So why the tension and need to get the final word? Online drama is best when it's everyone laughing at Green Shinobi. Lets keep it that way, ok ladies?

I see two people carrying on. I don't care who "started it," - I'm not a 10 year old. Chill the fuck out, seriously. Or take this convo into another thread, like the off topic/real talk one.

I stopped complaining about the icons the minute I realized I didn't give a shit what people on the internets think about me. You should do the same Shake/Ichi/GS/Boogie/etc. Shake you're a pretty smart dude, doing what you love: film. Boogie you have a damn good career, you're build like an MMA fighter and most people here think you're cool. So why the tension and need to get the final word? Online drama is best when it's everyone laughing at Green Shinobi. Lets keep it that way, ok ladies?

When are you moving to NY?

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Boogie, if you have a personal issue with me, I'd be more than happy to talk about it with you through PM.  And again, I really am sorry for the joke if you took it personally.  I thought you and I were on friendly terms so you'd take it as a well-meant jab, that's all.

I will say that if I've risen to Shake's defense, it's for the same reason Prole and Triumph have both risen to yours in this thread.  And FWIW, Shake should've stopped posting in this thread about a page ago because I'm agreeing with Prole at this point.  :-\
PS4

Christ, guys, shut the fuck up! I'm trying to get PD to move to NY here :'(

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
i haven't defended boogie. boogie is a big boy who issues terrifying no-knock warrants against innocent potheads and has no need for my defense, nor am i inclined to give it unless he threatens to kamehameha my house from across the border.

i'm here because i came to this thread to read and rant about POLITIX while watching the tube and instead i get shake posting for the sake of it and riling the natives, ruining this hallowed thread with his usual stream-of-consciousness wahjah. fuck that. that gets my ire, as it ALWAYS has when he does it. when i am done watching mst3k and have put away the macbook, i will have promptly forgotten about shake as i lovingly embrace my wife from the side as the good lord intended it and thus fall into a deep, anal sex-free slumber. fuck all y'all babyass niccas.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 01:37:50 AM by Professor Prole »
duc

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Nobody cares about this stupid bullshit although I will say The Dark Shake 3000 seems to fancy himself as a sort of "characer" and keeps bringing this stuff out in threads.

A lot.

None of you people are interesting enough to be a "character".

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
Christ, guys, shut the fuck up! I'm trying to get PD to move to NY here :'(

LEAVE THE FUCKING THREAD IF YOU ARE GOING TO DERAIL IT FURTHER, THANK YOU BYE
duc

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
I think there needs to be an OFFICIAL BUTTHURT THREAD: The Thread of Butthurt and have it stickied, but good Christ keep this shit outta here
___

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
Boogie you have a damn good career, you're build like an MMA fighter and most people here think you're cool. So why the tension and need to get the final word?

My latest post in this thread was an attempt to offer my particular professional experience on to a topic of American politics.  I honestly thought it might prove a catalyst for an interesting discussion.  Instead, Shake decided to shit up the thread with his irreverence.

Boogie, if you have a personal issue with me, I'd be more than happy to talk about it with you through PM.

I don't have any "personal" issues online.  I'm more than willing to hash things out in public.  

[QUOTE[And again, I really am sorry for the joke if you took it personally.  I thought you and I were on friendly terms so you'd take it as a well-meant jab, that's all.[/QUOTE]

It's not about taking jokes personally, imo.  It's about throwing jabs out in topics where it doesn't belong.  If you start throwing personal jabs on subjects where I'm just trying to comment professionally, than you shouldn't be surprised or offended when I start to sling some shit.

I will say that if I've risen to Shake's defense, it's for the same reason Prole and Triumph have both risen to yours in this thread.  And FWIW, Shake should've stopped posting in this thread about a page ago because I'm agreeing with Prole at this point.  :-\

Like Prole says.  He doesn't "rise to my defense".  He calls shit like he sees it.  As often as not, I've been the target of Prole.  Funnily enough, when  the bottom-feeders start to take over the forum, we seem to align in opposition.  Maybe that should give you pause.

i haven't defended boogie. boogie is a big boy who issues terrifying no-knock warrants against innocent potheads and has no need for my defense, nor am i inclined to give it unless he threatens to kamehameha my house from across the border.

i'm here because i came to this thread to read and rant about POLITIX while watching the tube and instead i get shake posting for the sake of it and riling the natives, ruining this hallowed thread with his usual stream-of-consciousness wahjah. fuck that. that gets my ire, as it ALWAYS has when he does it. when i am done watching mst3k and have put away the macbook, i will have promptly forgotten about shake as i lovingly embrace my wife from the side as the good lord intended it and thus fall into a deep, anal sex-free slumber. fuck all y'all babyass niccas.

:bow
MMA

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
I'm not a bottom-feeder, man.  I've been contributing a lot in the movie threads and in the gaming forum.

I'll let this thread get back on-topic and stop posting here unless it's some politically-related link/story.
PS4

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
now that's what i like to hear

so howzabout that NOBAMA
duc

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
This has happened a couple of times before, but it's the first time someone's getting court-martialed for it, apparently:

'Birther' Soldier Faces Charges

The Army filed formal changes against Lt. Col. Terry Lakin, a military physician who refused to deploy to Afghanistan because he believes President Barack Obama hasn't proven that he was born in the U.S.

The decision to initiate potential court-martial proceedings against Col. Lakin represents a line in the sand for the Army, which declined to discipline a pair of officers who raised similar questions last year about Mr. Obama's constitutional eligibility to serve as commander in chief.

Chuck Dasey, a spokesman for Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, said Col. Lakin was being charged with three counts of disobeying a lawful order and one count of dereliction of duty. If found guilty, Col. Lakin could be kicked out of the Army, forced to give up his retirement benefits and jailed for up to four years.

Col. Lakin and his attorney didn't respond to phone messages or emails seeking comment. In a statement released through the foundation raising money for his legal-defense fund, the officer said he was prepared to press his case in court.

"I invited my court martial, and today I stand ready to answer these charges," Col. Lakin said. "I was prepared to deploy if only the president would authorize the release of the proof of his eligibility. He refused, and now the court will determine the issue, and my fate."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704388304575202393506147452.html?mod=WSJ_WSJ_US_News_5

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/birthers-latest-publicity-stunt-sold
PS4

Dickie Dee

Mixed feelings, free speech and alll that, but at the same time there's a clear chain of command and BO's top dog, like it or not. I think the issues separate from creating a cult of personality that those pushing the issue might be implying
___

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
He was refusing deployment, dude.  That's a little farther than just saying stuff because of free speech.
PS4

Dickie Dee

Honestly, I just read the headline. :teehee

But yeah he signed up for duty, tough beans if a muslin insurgent is in charge.
___

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
smh
PS4

Dickie Dee

???

Unsure why you're syh, but in the interest of moving forward in a brand new day I'm not gonna raise the issue

spoiler (click to show/hide)
you really are a shit disturber  :heart
[close]
___

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
smh at you just reading the headline when the very first sentence of the story tells you why he's being court-martialed. :P
PS4

Dickie Dee

:'(
___

Good on the army for reprimanding him, though. That's strikingly progressive for them. :usacry

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Eh, this shit happens whenever there's a Dem president- these people will use any sort of excuse... Clinton wasn't officially President cause he didn't win 50% of the vote, he can't be commander in chief because he was a draft dodger (didn't stop them from saluting Dubya and Cheney, interestingly enough) blah blah blah whatever.  Obama can't really be President cause he's a SEKRIT MUSLIN, born in Kenya, etc etc etc.  President Marco Rubio, however, will of course be a fine upstanding President.
yar

Or rather Obama can't really be president because he's black :shh

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Black/secret muslim/foreign-born...at the end of the day, what freaks out the Republican base so much is that he is in any way different from the old white men they've been used to for the past several hundred years and that takes them out of their comfort zone - never mind that he's been mostly governing from the center and has repeatedly tried reaching out to the Republicans in Washington only to get his hand slapped away each time.

I've noticed while traveling abroad that I've never met a conservative American...anyone who's open-minded enough to travel to different countries and experience different cultures always seem to be fairly liberal.
PS4

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Mixed feelings, free speech and alll that, but at the same time there's a clear chain of command and BO's top dog, like it or not. I think the issues separate from creating a cult of personality that those pushing the issue might be implying

Free speech isn't the same for military personnel. Dude deserves to be shit-canned. Although I must admit, I kinda would like for his birther master plan to work, ie demanding Obama's "real" birth certificate be brought to court. The aftermath would be fun to watch