Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 898209 times)

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #5880 on: December 12, 2019, 09:13:27 AM »
I love this victim complex

Quote from: Cerulean
The new costume does nothing to protect her arms, shoulders, neck, so it no better than the tube top and holster.
Except it looks like something a human woman actually wears...
https://www.resetera.com/threads/whats-your-opinion-on-jills-new-design.158342/post-27270124

Because human women don't wear tube tops and skirts.

That it's something a human would never wear is just plain silly

Then in the why women criticise thread:
I cannot stand the Jill thread anymore. It's got to be a joke or a brigade at this point. Three posts in a row telling me tube tops are like fucking common everyday wear in late september.... what the fuck ever.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/post-27275888

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #5881 on: December 12, 2019, 09:14:47 AM »
women in tube tops leaving in droves.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5882 on: December 12, 2019, 09:21:00 AM »
Fact check: Tube tops and skirts will not protect your femoral arteries.
dog

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5883 on: December 12, 2019, 09:23:47 AM »
love 2 have 100% realism in a video game about a 100% realistic zombie virus in a 100% realistic city where u heal 100% realistically by eating a plant

« Reply #5884 on: December 12, 2019, 09:38:22 AM »
Funniest reply on that boyega thread is from excelshit saying "case closed" after the apology . Gotta protect the brand

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #5885 on: December 12, 2019, 09:54:21 AM »

Imagine being a mysoginist on era and not getting banned.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #5886 on: December 12, 2019, 10:15:33 AM »
I had a phone call with the ad agency today and apparently this is an industry-wide outbreak and the worst they've seen in years. It's definitely not normal, even for this time of the year. They're bringing everything they've got to bear against the problem and we've had some success today. It'll may still be touch and go for a while.

cerium

industry-wide outbreak and the worst they've seen in years.

I like the idea that he his ad team got in touch with the ad company (by phone!) and they can't do anything about it.

Propagandhim

« Reply #5887 on: December 12, 2019, 10:28:51 AM »
Why doesn't he just disable ads until they figure it out?   :doge

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5888 on: December 12, 2019, 10:32:12 AM »
They're bringing everything they've got to bear against the problem and we've had some success today!

ad team:
©@©™

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #5889 on: December 12, 2019, 10:35:46 AM »
Quote from: TheFallenSaboteur
LOL It reminds me of how many people tried to say that her skirt and tube top made sense if you imagined her going to the club and living her life normally just before the events of RE3, which itself was stupid because it suggested that women ONLY wear skirts to the club. Have any of you mother fuckers ever gone out or what? Do you think women are some monolith who dress the same for sex appeal or some shit?

:stop :girlaff :social
What is even the complaint

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5890 on: December 12, 2019, 10:37:44 AM »
Have any of you mother fuckers ever gone out or what? Do you think women are some monolith who dress the same for sex appeal or some shit?

...at a nightclub? yes, both sexes dress for sex appeal at a club. what a bizarre statement :lol

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #5891 on: December 12, 2019, 10:39:07 AM »
Have any of you mother fuckers ever gone out or what? Do you think women are some monolith who dress the same for sex appeal or some shit?

...at a nightclub? yes, both sexes dress for sex appeal at a club. what a bizarre statement :lol

All the nightclubs I go to are full of activists :snob
Margs

Tasty

« Reply #5892 on: December 12, 2019, 10:40:12 AM »
I defend TLJ quite a bit but it dropped the ball on everything Non Kylo/Rey related.

So basically the whole movie? :confused And you still "defend it quite a bit"? :what

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #5894 on: December 12, 2019, 10:49:41 AM »
Jill is an admirable slut.
©@©™

Propagandhim

« Reply #5895 on: December 12, 2019, 10:52:44 AM »
There are more people on Era defending the right of women to wear a burka than a tubetop and skirt. 

BisMarckie

« Reply #5896 on: December 12, 2019, 10:53:36 AM »
Jill should be covered up and reveal that she is trans and in a wheelchair at the end of the game.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #5897 on: December 12, 2019, 10:57:09 AM »
Jill should be covered up and reveal that she is trans and in a wheelchair at the end of the game.

It's already been confirmed that Jill is a trans man in the RE3 remake.

https://twitter.com/janeshishlyann/status/1204839516516896770
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #5898 on: December 12, 2019, 10:59:48 AM »
There are more people on Era defending the right of women to wear a burka than a tubetop and skirt. 

Propagandhim

« Reply #5900 on: December 12, 2019, 11:17:47 AM »

What the fuck is wrong with these people

BIONIC

« Reply #5901 on: December 12, 2019, 11:19:44 AM »
UNINSTALL THE GAME, ERA

(Image removed from quote.)

Be my last escape, mommy :mouf
Margs

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #5902 on: December 12, 2019, 11:21:21 AM »
I wonder if Cerium's Ad Team is the same fictional one as Evilore's?

Where did he say ad team?

They may have all quit since though:

Clearly previous measures were not sufficient -- I've pinged the ad team again. Apologies for the inconvenience.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5903 on: December 12, 2019, 11:24:50 AM »
how have these people not just turned on an adblock at this point? dunno about android but that shit is free on ios :lol

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #5904 on: December 12, 2019, 11:26:16 AM »

For some people, a Burka is their best bet at dressing for sex appeal.  :fbm

Propagandhim

« Reply #5905 on: December 12, 2019, 11:27:11 AM »
You have to root your phone or do some nonsense with proxies for Android.  Or use shitty Firefox with the browser extension. 

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5906 on: December 12, 2019, 11:27:55 AM »
oh weird. on ios its just an addon from the appstore, or you can download firefox focus. i guess google sells ads so they wouldn't want to also make it easy to block them :lol

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #5907 on: December 12, 2019, 11:32:53 AM »
Apologies for the inconvenience, looks like a particularly bad wave hit today.

We're trying a new solution now on mobile, please let me know if you experience issues on mobile for the rest of the day.

I wonder if they're just trying to reset the password to their account.

Maybe sweet suculent honeydew nicole obfuscated the password.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #5908 on: December 12, 2019, 11:38:51 AM »
UNINSTALL THE GAME, ERA

I'd make her a bit more muscular, but that's just me.
©@©™

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #5909 on: December 12, 2019, 11:39:00 AM »
Remember these are the guys that can't do a basic upgrade to forum software without extensive downtime. Glad they don't have a strapline of "folx who know their tech"

BikeJesus

« Reply #5910 on: December 12, 2019, 11:39:08 AM »
Brave browser works fine without rooting. Built in ad blocking.

Propagandhim

« Reply #5911 on: December 12, 2019, 11:49:04 AM »
Brave browser works fine without rooting. Built in ad blocking.

Yeah, there are dozens of browsers with adblock, but I still get ads when I use them, including Brave - even with the script blocker.  The best Android has is Ublock for Firefox.  But Firefox sucks.

Ghoul

« Reply #5912 on: December 12, 2019, 11:56:12 AM »
the moderation there is aides

Propagandhim

« Reply #5913 on: December 12, 2019, 11:57:27 AM »
Yeah, there are dozens of browsers with adblock, but I still get ads when I use them, including Brave - even with the script blocker.  The best Android has is Ublock for Firefox.  But Firefox sucks.

But it's not ads you are getting there. It's aids. Cerium AIDS.

Cerium's adteam currently bugchasing the problem

:rodney

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #5914 on: December 12, 2019, 12:14:32 PM »
UNINSTALL THE GAME, ERA

I'd make her a bit more muscular, but that's just me.
Masquerading your fetishes as wokeness, is a classic move.
"I support women empowerment, that why i have my mistress kick me in the balls!"

Tasty

« Reply #5915 on: December 12, 2019, 12:34:19 PM »

But it's not ads you are getting there. It's aids. Cerium AIDS.

Cerium's adteam currently bugchasing the problem

:rodney

:social2

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #5916 on: December 12, 2019, 01:02:53 PM »
Time for the evergreen thread on Cancel Culture.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-progressive-blowback-against-the-term-“cancel-culture”.158817/

OP presents not a bad, if way too lengthy breakdown on their thoughts and viewings on cancel culture. Wonder how some of the responses will be....

I've almost exclusively seen "cancel culture" be used by the far right defending assholes from dealing with the consequences of being homophobic/ transphobic/ racist, etc. It's all a dogwhistle.

Where’s those Ridley and Boyega threads?

:foxx

Can we please stop giving legitimacy to a phrase used by no one other than the alt right and their sympathizers?

Was going to post this, glad someone else did. Cancel Culture does not exist.

tl;dr no moderation leads to cancel culture.

But wait, what’s this?

People falling over themselves to cast negative judgement on another person (celebrity or otherwise) without actually making sure that the person in question is actually in the wrong. People love to feel morally superior, and on the internet there's no risks to doing so. So what if they call someone an asshole and they turn out to be wrong for doing so? They can just duck out of the thread and pretend like nothing happened. It happens, so god damn frequenly on ERA. People just immediately assume the absolute worst about a person in any situation, based off incredibly narrow information, act like they're some moral arbiter, then just conveniently vanish when it turns out their assumptions were wrong.

:obama

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #5917 on: December 12, 2019, 01:10:33 PM »
Quote from: Good Ol’ Stinkles
Hot take:

most people complaining about cancel culture are doing so reactively because people don’t want to change or learn or challenge their old assumptions. Mostwof those people are not evil or hateful they’re just the natural outcome of 20th century traditions and norms - either directly or from their parents and peers.

it’s easy to believe nonsense about it because there will always be extreme overzealous examples of innocent or mild infractions being cause for being canceled.

the changes happening socially in the US are momentous abd seismic and like the civil rights movement some communities and cultures will have to be dragged kicking and screaming into new assumptions and behaviors.

their resistance is compounded by legitimate confusion of terms and rules because people are generally lazy about learning stuff the older they get. So new and evolving terms like latinx, gender identity language and even pinch points like bathrooms are just hard for people to adjust to through habit.

the rest of thatcluster was f venn circles are hateful and resentful individuals but they’re also being encouraged by carpetbagging opportunitists who see an opportunity to ride for free in hate energy- from Trump to Milo and beyond.

optimistically that’s going to be true for a couple of decades and entire stateswill be encouraged to slow walk everything by exploitative politicians and interest groups.

churches can play an important role in those communities and so the politicization and corporatization of prosperity Christianity in the USA will be an outsize drag on progress and ironically acceptance and charity.

but the disgraceful embrace of these fractious changes by bad actors in the right wing is going to make a flashpoint out of basic golden rule common sense.

our kids are going to have to carry the biggest burden for change in this and the climate emergency and if we could switch off those influences and deliberate malfeasance peddlers we could make smooth and easy progress on social issues and “cancelculture “ could move away from bullshit in the right and purity tests on the left.

but to be honest I’d almost rather hear a Nazi complaining about t than another oblivious old comedian.

:mike

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5918 on: December 12, 2019, 01:26:53 PM »
dude needs to accept spell check culture

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5919 on: December 12, 2019, 01:41:07 PM »
the cancelcaust deniers really are some of the shittiest most disingenuous fuckhead posters era has.

Okay then, why are people only complaining when it's a white celebrity that says something dumb?

I dunno, fuckhead, maybe theres people complaining about it right in that fucking topic about well known white celebrity john boyega?
Maybe there are era topics about dave chappelle, kevin hart and aziz anzari saying the same fucking thing?
Maybe making the claim its a phrase only used by 'the alt right' to defend wypipo is an outright fucking outrageous lie, and is only done by the exact same kind of piece of shit that revels in the mob mentality as a deflection?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5920 on: December 12, 2019, 01:47:59 PM »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #5921 on: December 12, 2019, 01:55:56 PM »
Just a few days ago people demanded that twitch bans a streamer who has tourettes. If that's not cancel culture what is?

https://gamerant.com/twitch-sweet-anita/

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #5922 on: December 12, 2019, 02:07:27 PM »

The new costume does nothing to protect her arms, shoulders, neck, so it no better than the tube top and holster.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/whats-your-opinion-on-jills-new-design.158342/post-27270124

I cannot stand the Jill thread anymore. It's got to be a joke or a brigade at this point. Three posts in a row telling me tube tops are like fucking common everyday wear in late september.... what the fuck ever.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/post-27275888

I don't know why they feel the need to specify human women and it feels weird to read.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5923 on: December 12, 2019, 02:08:45 PM »
human women = acceptable, normal language
females = awful language, meant to dehumanize women

:hmm

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5924 on: December 12, 2019, 02:08:57 PM »
Just a few days ago people demanded that twitch bans a streamer who has tourettes. If that's not cancel culture what is?

they literally demanded a mod get fired if not banned like, a fucking week ago, for a 'crime' it turns out they didn't even commit based on some shit they said years ago on a different site :rofl

I mean, that mod sucked, but even so

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #5925 on: December 12, 2019, 02:09:43 PM »
human women = acceptable, normal language
females = awful language, meant to dehumanize women

:hmm

silly human woman, let me explain to you why I'm right and you're wrong

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #5926 on: December 12, 2019, 02:12:13 PM »
Because non-human female-presenting systems wear tank tops all the time
©@©™

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #5927 on: December 12, 2019, 02:12:39 PM »

I don't know why they feel the need to specify human women and it feels weird to read.
It's to distinguish from anthropomorphic women, it's needed in big furry communities, such as Resetera.

BIONIC

« Reply #5928 on: December 12, 2019, 02:13:32 PM »
Non-human women  :quark
Margs

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5929 on: December 12, 2019, 02:14:21 PM »
Because non-human female-presenting systems wear tank tops all the time
then why were they so mad about the lady predator? :hmm

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #5930 on: December 12, 2019, 02:23:33 PM »
tubetops and miniskirts are super comfortable though

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5931 on: December 12, 2019, 02:25:09 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/so-evilore.1515016/

:goldberg
Quote from: Gashtronomy, post: 256179025, member: 752149
When are you going to write a book? I want to know:

• How you came to purchase Gifs and Fun.
  • Why you bought it and how you felt
  • What happened with the offer of selling Gaf, how did you feel, why did you say no?
  • What happened with being banned from E3, how did you react? (looking back Gaf were the pioneers of snubbing E3)
  • What happened with the rift and the shutting of the forum
  • How did you come back better than before?
I want to know the business side of the Gaf story and your personal story of how went from, what was perceived on Gaf, as a socially-retired, foot-loose and fancy free globe-trotter with a less-than-stellar approach to some discussions, to a well-rounded, level-headed wise adult.

How did you reflect on your past self, what helped you over-come your short-comings and where do you see yourself in the future?

Yeah, sure you're the owner of this forum so people might see this as a kiss-arse, brown-nosing attempt, but it's not. I like to hear/read stories of how people changed for the better, especially if they went through some relative hardship or adversity. For example, Tony Robbins.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5932 on: December 12, 2019, 02:25:47 PM »
Quote from: EviLore, post: 256181467, member: 4
In terms of posting activity, we went from about 75,000 posts per day pre-drama to 500 posts per day after the drama. We're back up to around 4,000 posts per day and 5,000 reactions per day now.

ど助平

« Reply #5933 on: December 12, 2019, 02:48:44 PM »
Which was the actual better forums

Gaf pre exodus
Gaf post exodus
Era post Gaf
Era today

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5934 on: December 12, 2019, 02:50:11 PM »
LOL, like 5% of the postings of pre-drama GAF.

He must be thrilled, 5000 reactions!

(it's the same 20 posters)
kinda makes me wonder what % of the resetti userbase is actually posting. i remember reading that some small amount of the twitter userbase makes up like 80% of the posts

« Reply #5935 on: December 12, 2019, 02:50:59 PM »
LOL, like 5% of the postings of pre-drama GAF.

He must be thrilled, 5000 reactions!

(it's the same 20 posters)
kinda makes me wonder what % of the resetti userbase is actually posting

I want to know how many threads are outraged at something vs discussion

« Reply #5936 on: December 12, 2019, 02:52:55 PM »

Gaf pre exodus
Gaf post exodus
Era post Gaf
Era today

Gaf pre exodus but also pre-2015/Trump running for president

Don’t think the mental midgets at era had grown up enough to express how much they are outraged at something

BIONIC

« Reply #5937 on: December 12, 2019, 03:00:32 PM »

Gaf pre exodus
Gaf post exodus
Era post Gaf
Era today

Gaf pre exodus but also pre-2015/Trump running for president

More like pre goober gate.
Margs

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #5938 on: December 12, 2019, 03:12:37 PM »
Quote from: EviLore, post: 256181467, member: 4
In terms of posting activity, we went from about 75,000 posts per day pre-drama to 500 posts per day after the drama. We're back up to around 4,000 posts per day and 5,000 reactions per day now.

80% of that activity is JordanN posting about black people having an IQ of 7
:O

Propagandhim

« Reply #5939 on: December 12, 2019, 03:15:30 PM »

I don't have a sophisticated opinion about this, but it's such a crazy scenario. 

She blurts out the N word, but is it ablelism to ban her off the platform? I mean, people shouldn't have to deal with hearing the N word over and over - and you know it's a huge source of entertainment for people when she uses that word so capriciously - and it's not funny.  Yeah, weird scenario.   2019 problems.